What is it that makes her so much better than Rei?

What is it that makes her so much better than Rei?

Attached: neon_genesis_evangelion_asuka_langley_soryu_1920x1080_wallpaper_Wallpaper_1680x1050_www_wall321_com- (500x312, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8PyJu8WmEK4
youtube.com/watch?v=dNJfeCtSbhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks and personality.

nothing

Attached: Asuka_questions_herself.png (750x1089, 1.18M)

best girl has best double trips

Attached: Rei_a_cute.png (1438x1445, 2.01M)

>redhead
>blue eyes
>German
>personality like a walnut (hard on the outside, soft on the inside)

Attached: UQlUNJC.jpg (920x1280, 206K)

EVERY FUCKING DAY WE HAVE THIS THREAD

Is this a best?

Attached: best_fraulein.jpg (754x1058, 187K)

She's abusive to Shinji.

Attached: 233a1471c8ce92b160168171e722f5fb.jpg (873x1200, 471K)

20 years!!!!

Attached: eva_20years.png (1033x800, 373K)

What shitty walnuts are you eating?
They're hardly soft.

An actual personality.

They're softer than almonds though

At the very least, we're consistent.

but what about Ritsuko?

Attached: Ritsy_cute.jpg (500x453, 40K)

Bitch.

She's hot...but evil.

define evil . . . .

She'd be a strong contender for best girl if she hadn't been fucking the same man as her mother and went with the cute mousy dyke instead.

Part of Gendo's conspiracy to end the world.

I concur

Attached: ibuki_post.jpg (3537x3335, 888K)

Asuka is a puppet whose strings are free for anyone to grab.
Rei is a self actualized person, no matter how Gendo tries to control her.

Was Gendo bad, I thought he wanted to unite all souls to be with his dead wife's soul?

Attached: Gendo_blue.jpg (1440x1080, 375K)

How dare you try to separate best girl from worst girl!

Attached: Rei_angry.jpg (1440x1080, 259K)

By turning everyone into Tang. And it didn't even work.

Gendo wasn't trying to end the world, he just wanted to see his wife again.
And he was going to burn the world if that was what it took.
Unfortunately, Yui had other plans.
Gendo might be the most tragic character in the series.

But he didn't do that, Rei and Shinji did that, right? he was left behind asking for Yui?

Gendo planned to liquify the planet, yeah. But Rei fucked Gendo over and handed the controls to Shinji. And as soon as there was nothing holding Yui back, she noped the fuck out into space.

So Yui got to live until the universe ends while Gendo got fucked? Was she the true monster? Is that why her soul was in the monstrous Eva?

Despite seeing what happened to her mother, she falls into the exact same trap.

Eva has the deepest characters.

Thermal expansion.

>So Yui got to live until the universe ends while Gendo got fucked?
Yep

>Was she the true monster?
It can be argued, yeah.

Here's the billion dollar question, though.
How long will the Eva last? Until the heat death of the universe? Will she be the only living creature, drifting in the void for eons until the universe is reborn? That's a hell all on its own.

am i the only one who hates all the female characters? i hate the debate of asuka vs rei because they're both trash and so is misato

What about Yui, Ritsuko, Maya, and Hikari?

not being rei

But how do you really feel?

we don't really know anything about most of them especially yui
ritsuko is probably the one i like most out of thosebut she's pretty fucked up
maya is gay and doesn't have a personality
hikari is nice i guess albeit a bit retarded

I choose this interpretation

Attached: down_on_coffee.png (518x421, 308K)

Attached: 99995433anime261.jpg (500x358, 84K)

DELETE KARL

There's this scene, but I don't believe for a second that thing is dead. Lilith was dormant for about 4 billion years, too, before it got up again and regenerated its body.

Attached: 1539414793414.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Attached: smug asuka.jpg (400x400, 28K)

I meet your smug Asuka with a smug Misato

Attached: Misato.jpg (800x600, 246K)

I have a fat Rei, your arguments are invalid.

Attached: CakeRei_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_jinroku__c129e329b3b0b71cd9691aa25ac5baa4.jpg (572x800, 70K)

a fat Rei is nothing compared to a poorly animated Rei

Attached: Rei_riding.jpg (125x93, 2K)

>Walnut
>soft on the inside

uh user...

Attached: 1527382256361.png (201x226, 29K)

poorly animated Rei is nothing compared to classical art Rei.

Attached: 1502 - Rei only.jpg (1168x1600, 641K)

well, classical art Rei is nothing compared to French Rei

Attached: Rei_french.jpg (236x323, 15K)

French Rei is absolutely nothing compared to figure skating Rei.
also fuck you for cursing me with the need to hear Rei speak french.

damit. pic not found

Attached: 1234 - Rei only.png (663x885, 155K)

can figure skating Rei compete with creepy Rei?

Attached: creeepy_rei.png (1440x1080, 1.17M)

surley creepey Rei cannot compete with mahou Rei.

Attached: 1645 - Rei only.png (576x1024, 102K)

Her personality. Well, not specifically HER personality, but the fact that she has a personality at all.

except she isnt

Attached: IMG-3470.png (1200x1200, 164K)

A friendly reminder that tsunderes are the junk food equivalent of girls.

Having a personality, even a repulsive one, is always better than an emotionless doll. Imagine hatefucking Asuka while pulling on her hair.

>emotionless doll

Attached: 700px-Reiemotions.jpg (700x1768, 530K)

Not having autism

Attached: dakimakura.jpg (723x611, 228K)

BTFO by

Attached: 1559307846.jpg (410x416, 87K)

>It's 2019
>no one has made a non-shitty running superdeepthroat 2 yet

Yes, showing a hint of facial emotion 1% of the time certainly something.
When she cries she doesn't even understand why she is crying.

Also most of those blank stares you think are some kind of emotion are emoitionless.

mfw r**fans and a****fans get all red-faced

Attached: let them fight.gif (550x230, 2M)

In like a third of those she's literally just blankly staring at nothing with no emotion whatsoever

yeah, choosing the one where her face is red after being slapped was not good evidence in support of the idea "rei is a girl of boiling passion"

"ha! i'll show the one where she gets abused and slapped and stands there with emotionless! that'll show 'em!"

>personality
You mean "being a huge bitch all the time?"

bro gimme that folder

I t-t-think Rei is the best!

Attached: a914c9f8567fb37a46a14dc2ebf5bf28.png (169x125, 52K)

a better question, how many folders do you think that user has to have to label them so specifically to avoid duplicates?

I think you meant "the girl equivalent of junk food"

hundreds and I want them all

Ya probably. Tsunderes are empty carbs. Dime a dozen.

You've literally not watched EVA if you think Asuka is tsun "all the time"

You literally don't know what "tsundere" means

I think you're the one who doesn't, my ironic weeb friend

Attached: 1536893893106.jpg (1660x980, 190K)

decent chart, not seen that before

of course according to that ranking, this girl is pinnacle, but that's ok

Attached: louise de valliere.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

I never even called her "tsundere", retard; you did. I called her a bitch. You interpreted that as me calling her "tsundere" because you're so entrenched in this subculture that you can't even comprehend that someone would discuss it without using annoying weeb terminology. Your brain just translates everything into the 5 or 6 pre-packaged words and phrases that you use to describe everything because you are a brain-dead, creatively bankrupt, idiot who worships cartoons from a different country because you have completely failed to fit in at all in your own country. Fuck you.

>you did
Go ahead and post the direct quote of me saying "Asuka is a tsundere"

Attached: nigger.png (693x116, 10K)

>hatefucking Asuka
But I don't hate her, user. She's lovely!

I don't see a direct quote of me saying "Asuka is a tsundere" in that, but you supposedly saw me calling her a tsundere somewhere.
Post a DIRECT quote of that, word for word.
Pro tip: me comparing likening bitch to tsun is not it.

>empty carbs
If "empty" applies to any anime girld, that'd be Rei. Literally.

Rei isn't empty carbs, she is just no carbs.
Like trying to eat paper.

/thread

Everyone who watches the show believes, in his innermost heart, that he can win Asuka over, cure her crippling self-esteem and trust issues and make her into the girl she could and should have been.

You're all self-deluded. The only person who would have a chance of pulling that one off is me, obviously.

So was Rei.

It's been 24 years now

Attached: 1552770908161.jpg (848x480, 43K)

So this is why they did Second and Third impacts. It was simply an attempt to end the Rei vs Asuka war.

Exactly how much did Rei know about herself and the plan?

The dialogue she has with Shinji before Ramiel seems to hint she may have known everything all along and was deliberately withholding information and being vague and cryptic with what she did tell Shinji or Asuka.

>win Asuka over
>cure her crippling self-esteem and trust issues
>make her into the girl she could and should have been
No, user, you don't get it. She's perfect the way she is. She does not need to be "cured", she just needs to be accepted.

Calm down, Claud

We all know who is the best waifu

Attached: Eva24DC_Kaworu.jpg (365x273, 13K)

pic related.

Attached: screenshot-boards.4channel.org-2019.05.31-12-10-46.png (185x248, 18K)

>best waifu
You're using that word wrong, retard.

People who say Rei is emotionless have literal autism. Inability to relate to others and inability to comprehend social cues and facial expressions are all tell tale signs.

Attached: rei plugsuit.jpg (700x525, 210K)

Bro you’re supposed to say that when people say black people have no emotions not anime girls... get it together

Rate Asuka’s leadership skills.

Attached: BA5C8D90-F2E9-41A0-AC01-F2A0BBC1443E.jpg (1024x768, 127K)

Given she is completely deficient in all the qualities a good leader most needs, my guess is, she would be a terrible leader.

Mind you, all the people in NGE in leadership positions are pretty bad at it. That's one of the many things that sucks about the show.

She came up with the plan against the spider angel, basically one of the few times an angel was defeated with 0 complications, and that is really the only time the pilots cooperated together without having Misato tell them to.

This. This was the only time Asuka was allowed to take the lead on a mission, and it came off flawlessly.

To be fair, that angel was a total chump that died to normal EVA guns, but yeah.

Would Asuka join Starfleet?

German engineering

Thermal Expansion

Attached: 1520062253779.jpg (514x350, 53K)

mahou Rei cannot compete with nun Asuka

Attached: 1558592854681.png (606x454, 296K)

>Do you love the lord, Asuka?
>IT'S NOT LIKE THAT

Attached: asuka EHHHHHH.png (322x255, 138K)

Take a nap Tiffany it's over you lose both you and your shitty character

We've been doing this for 20 years. It's probably not going to stop any time soon.

>The Asuka period (飛鳥時代 Asuka jidai) was a period in the history of Japan lasting from 538 to 710

>The Asuka period is characterized by its significant artistic, social, and political transformations, having their origins in the late Kofun period but largely affected by the arrival of Buddhism from China. The introduction of Buddhism marked a change in Japanese society. The Asuka period is also distinguished by the change in the name of the country from Wa (倭) to Nihon (日本).

How can the Rei era possible compete?

Attached: 1528019474230.jpg (1200x1200, 546K)

I am determined to continue this waifu war to 2095 and make it 100 years long, if I am alive.
Doubt its possible for me to make the extra stretch to 2100 and see it span across 3 different centuries

Genetically engineered superhumans
abolition of wage slavery
eradication of all disease
cybernetic enhancements making all humans into supercomputers
moonbase and mars colonies

Its not even the Rei era, its the ReiWA era.
Which obviously means Rei x Waluigi is canon

What happened to the "Wa"?
(And, no, it can't compete. Asuka is the best era.)

>choosing Mogudan Rei over original Rei

For what purpose?

reminder

Attached: 1466240182269.jpg (400x534, 128K)

>he bases derives his opinion from consensus
NPC

Attached: rei fishing.jpg (740x800, 333K)

>American audience tends to favour Misato
Can any Burger that was around back then confirm or deny this? I've heard it before, but Misato rarely ever gets mentioned nowadays in these threads. I highly doubt that a majority of Americans preferred her back in the day.

>he bases derives his opinion from consensus
What? "Bases" or derives? English, please.
And who are you talking about? Anno? He specifically said that his favourite (Asuka) was not the popular choice (Rei). You should really work on your reading comprehension skills.

He might have been told by someone who only had anecdotal hearsay about the west, or maybe Misato's popularity is in the dumps in Japan compared to Rei/Asuka and having any popularity here is notable.

at least she has one

tiddy

If you can't read past the one error then you're the one who needs to work on his reading comprehension.
>He specifically said that his favourite (Asuka) was not the popular choice (Rei)
the post was very obviously meant to say "haha look, Anno likes Asuka more so that means she's better" just like it does every time it's posted. Even if it wasn't bringing up what Anno thinks or what the Jap audience thinks or what the American audience thinks is braindead reddit tier groupthink behavior

Based Anno.

>the post was very obviously meant to say "haha look, Anno likes Asuka more so that means she's better"
Or it didn't. The post just makes a statement about Anno's taste and who supposedly was popular when it aired. If anything of that Anno quote can be interpreted as "Asuka is better", it's not that he likes her, but that he considers Rei a weak woman.
The rest are your own assumptions that you are projecting on the guy who posted it.

>Even if it wasn't bringing up what Anno thinks or what the Jap audience thinks or what the American audience thinks is braindead reddit tier groupthink behavior
How? It's statisics. If you do a political survey, that's the exact same thing.

The point that stands: You aparently think that liking Asuka is "consensus" according to that article, when that article only claims that one single person likes her best. Whereas liking your aparent favourite Rei was not "consensus", despite the article static that she's the poular favourite of a whole nation.
Seems you yourself "base derive" your opinion from consensus, user. And are incredibly intellectually dishonest about that.

She's definitely much less popular than Asuka and Rei, but probably more popular here than in japan. Whoever told Anno that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Thanks. Thought as much. I'm German, and here Misato always was a rare pick as well. (My general impression is that people generally like Asuka best over here.)

she has at least some life in her, Rei is just walking zombie

user, I'm sorry to say that you have no idea what I'm talking about or what you're talking about. Please kill yourself you reddit spacing retard

Attached: rei rei.jpg (640x480, 104K)

I saw the show but still I dont get this, someone explain ples

Attached: 1558548985089.png (382x390, 142K)

Fuck off, shithead. Learn to express yourself in a concise fashion if you have the feeling that other people "have no idea" what you're talking about.
And if you think that breaking up your paragraphs has anything to do with reddit, you've probably not read much more than that very site.

2 line skips after paragraphs is not reddit spacing.

This is reddit spacing.

Does it bother you?

a better epilogue doujin

>this thread

Attached: 1556510307625.png (390x429, 18K)

oh yeah hunnerd percent b I agree, water we evun doin here?

youtube.com/watch?v=8PyJu8WmEK4

Shes gonna hit some random planet and bring life to it.

Which FC do you think she supports?

Attached: 7b0a797d4c5a320a5fdab7fb5e4210e7e3684e2a.jpg (1300x883, 717K)

>Shes gonna hit some random planet and end all life on it.

Fixed it for you,

She isn't a depraved shell of a makeshift human being like Rei

She's a child prodigy with stunted emotional maturity. She excels at everything minus who she wants to be; normal. Not in the sense that she's not a genius, I mean in the sense that she has friends, family that loves her, a boyfriend, blah.

These are one some of the primary qualities & reasons she is friends with Hikari but that's another discussion. Asuka knows what normal is and get hella frustrated she can't have something that basic.

It takes multiple Rei's just to figure out what a normal is.

Asuka's struggles are human and realistic. Rei struggles are more subhuman than her genes.

But that's my opinion. I still love Rei but she's too much of a blank slate. I know that's mostly the point but she's so malleable to other peoples wills and desires of what she should be That's a pinnacle of innocence but pure innocence itself is ignorant towards moral strata and their corresponding acts. She's like an animal. I dislike it on the level of a person not a character for lack of better words. I feel pity for Rei but more for Asuka because she knows what is wrong and thus suffers more.

*phew* This show is hard on the head sometimes.

Attached: 1559148032790.jpg (673x763, 46K)

She sucks.

Yeah dude where did all of these Americans come from? You'd start to think that this is an American website. Of course everyone knows Hiroshima Nagasaki founded 4channel in 2015.

>She isn't a depraved shell of a makeshift human being like Rei
I think of myself as an Asukafag and I wouldn't say this about Rei. Rei's pretty deep and tormented person. Perhaps here existence is depraved in the way it perverts science and nature but the girl herself is pretty blameless until the end when she dooms the Earth by giving Shinji the reigns in EoE. Seriously bitch pick anyone else.

>Seriously bitch pick anyone else.

It's not like she knows a lot of people to give it to.
>Asuka: Dead
>Misato: Dying
>Ritsuko: Dead
>Ibuki: Shitting her pants
>Makoto: Useless
>Aoba: Gives zero fucks about anyone or anything
>Fuyutsuki: Might have been a decent choice
>Gendo: She just gave him the fucking shaft

Not a whole lot of options.

fucking this
hes really the only person who made shinji happy
everyone else is a cunt

Attached: 1240393095655.jpg (639x595, 81K)

I'm not saying she's not those things you say, but the qualities of her disposition are infantile, which is the point, which makes it worse to be audience to.
And right at the end, well I'm glad she finally developed her free will and rejected Genjo's version of instrumentality despite fulfilling her main purpose. He act was evil but she really seemed the most human then before the turning life into delicious Tang®

WA
HA
HA

Yui wouldn't do that, its pointless destruction and a waste.

She'd instead enslave the local population and have them worship her as the god she is. Much more resourceful.

>Asuka: Dead

The concept of her slowly bleeding out, shifting in and out of consciousness in the dark confines of her entry plug and drunkenly murmuring "I'll kill you" for the next five minutes to no one until a Rei that looks like her mom brings her into Instrumentality is much better IMO

Attached: JXO0SMN.jpg (746x1200, 275K)

What is it that make OP a cum guzzling faggot

she stands out in the story, she's energetic, emotional, aggressive, smart. she would give me massive energy IRL, she is a challenging girl and that gives me a hard on. AND she needs fucking love and affection so badly i just need to give it to her. rei is just a fucking replaceable clone, she's insightful but i already have insight, i need that redhead fire girl to call me an idiot every single day and then i'll disarm her with affection and she'll turn to mush in my arms. oh god

Attached: asuka neon evangelion.jpg (665x842, 65K)

Attached: 1559340318478.jpg (741x701, 54K)

she is fire and i am ice. i need that fire. nothing else will suffice

universe gib

She totally died.
Her arm was split in two, and then she got impaled in 7 other places to join the one in her eye. Blood loss alone would do the trick, and Unit-02, by extension Asuka, went through its death throes when it happened.

Only way she didn't 'die' would be if Unit-02 tanged her right as her arm split, like how 01 tanged Shinji against Zeruel. Same end result other than that she'd be directly tanged by mom rather than Rei doing it.

Attached: ouch.gif (500x280, 612K)

Could she have just picked herself, or was that not an option?

I literally cried when this happened because in the back of my head I was expecting Shinji to somehow help her out or Asuka managing to go Berserk and turn it around

Obviously, I'm just saying it also works if it took her a small period of time after it happened to kick the bucket. People can survive some fatal shit for longer than they should.

Besides, she should have been instantly dead after the first lance fucking went through her brain anyway.

Attached: 1558087813598.jpg (680x486, 36K)

>Described as intelligent
>Is actually retarded
>Simplistic enough to appeal to other simpletons
>Nothing going for her other than looks
She needs Kaji's Chad cock in her mouth to STFU already

Its not entirely clear how precisely the damage transferred over, she seems to only have the front wound from the first lance, she is not bleeding from the back of her head from what we can tell.

Took longer than a small period of time anyway.
By the time Shinji got the battlefield, the EVA series had already come back down, grabbed their lances back, and picked apart what remained, and it took several more minutes for them to carry Shinji into the upper atmosphere and initiate 3rd Impact.

this is what missing the point and not picking up on context clues looks like

Its sadder when you realize it was basically a hopeless situation from the start with way too many odds against her between her fighting 1v9, her 3 minute battery, their regeneration, and then the lances.
If the MP-EVAs wanted to they could probably just start out with the replica lances and win in an instant.

Manga even takes away their lances for the main fight, and has Shinji show up just on time, and he still can't turn it around.

Attached: 1533042445584.jpg (1066x1600, 492K)

How was she on the beach with Shinji at the end if she died?

Yea Forums newfag

Attached: 1556235419213.jpg (665x574, 25K)

Having a personality at all is a start

Souls exist in Evangelion.
So her body died, but her soul didn't.

Lilith/Rei collected all souls around the time right before (at the very least) and at 3rd Impact.
So Asuka's soul was a part of instrumentality, and then she could reform her body with LCL as raw material after Shinji ended it.

Thanks for explaining. Is this speculation or confirmed? Do you know how she reform so quickly, she seems to be the only other person with Shinji on that beach

Also if she reformed her body why does she still have a fucked up eye?

Masochism.

>What is it that makes her so much better than Rei?
Asuka is a more realistic character. Both Asuka and Rei are male power fantasies (of women) but Rei is basically completely out of touch with reality.

It really shows that Anno was still a virgin when he wrote most of Evangelion.

That's the main reason why he was so embarrassed about it and is trying to damage control with Rebuild now.

What do you think Asuka's workout routine is like?

yep she truly never stood a chance against them but she gave her best, it was as splendid display of piloting an EVA, when she loses her eye and shes trying to move the EVA I felt for her, the despair. Probably my favorite segment out of all Evangelion

I don't think Starfleet would be a good fit for her.

Maybe the Klingon-Empire?

Romulans, maybe.

because their conflict and tumultuous relationship is one of the devices the series in general and the film specifically uses to tell its story about the human condition and ultimately the value of human interaction

lots of cardio and calisthenics, maybe gymnastics too

Pilates and kegels

She is not an emotionless doll.

And her harpy attitude is just like a real girls

Yeah, it's a rough situation since the MPs abilities to keep active even after been torn apart was insane.

I mean, thinking about it, only way you could have really dealt with them would have been to like, zandatsu the dummy plugs out of them.

Attached: zandatsu.gif (446x251, 3.11M)

>tfw no mixed social sim/boss rush hack & slash eva game

imagine

Attached: [email protected] (2048x1365, 191K)

>A. everyone who was alive at the time of the harvesting gets into Instrumentality and gets the opportunity to come back (dead people are just dead, their bodies are thrown into the vat because Reis don't discriminate), Asuka doesn't immediately shuffle off the mortal coil from her horrific injuries and barely scrapes her way into Instrumentality
>B. even if you died, your soul is still around and that's what they collect; Asuka dies and her soul is put into Instrumentality

I personally find B to be a really fucking stupid route because the logic behind souls is really poorly defined (How long after you die does your soul stay? Is it around forever? Is there some arbitrary time limit on your soul being around? Does every single soul across history get into Instrumentality if there isn't?) but they're both reasonable interpretations.

Attached: 1516109534410.jpg (492x479, 33K)

>What do you think Asuka's workout routine is like?

Depends on which version.
Manga Asuka does some sort of martial arts and gymnastics. I'd guess she's doing Kung-Fu for some reason just based on the stances and stuff.

As evidence for B, Rei dies twice and NERV is somehow able to retrieve her soul and put it in the next Rei clone

You should be asking what part makes her so much worse than Rei, but that should be obvious to anyone with a brain.

Attached: 1530675901055.gif (640x480, 257K)

He wanted to create the perfect world for himself while ignoring his son and escaping reality. His intentions were less than pure.

Well it would be B since it is shown that even all the NERV guards that got killed in the assault get turned into LCL. Who fucking knows how far back soul reaping goes. Maybe Kaji's soul was taken.

I don't know what those Reis are up to, they could have easily just tossed their bodies in because they're human.

I'd probably figure the later, since lots of people get tanged that should have been long dead by the time it happens.

And Asuka is dead but manages to come back unless it turns out she's not Asuka but that mishmash theory of Rei, Asuka and Misato.

I figure maybe it's just souls that are still outside the Room of Guf.

One handed push-ups

Attached: 1541828621881.jpg (3019x2529, 2.16M)

The Anti AT-Field just reverted all Lilith-based lifeforms in general to LCL. It didn't matter if they were dead or not. If you were alive, your liberated soul was dropped into the egg, and if you were dead then it just means your body was turned into LCL.

Attached: 1552256621712.jpg (500x496, 192K)

I still don't get how this works for non-humans getting tanged, or at least organisms that are not sentient animals.

Yui says all life has the power to return, but is a tree or amoeba ever going to be capable of "imagining themselves in their own heart"?

this is your brain on plot

>16/17 years old

Attached: 1554425124387.jpg (1832x1346, 464K)

Obviously getting tanged only concerns sentient animals like humans because we were the only ones influenced by the Monolith.

Attached: 2001aspaceodyssey_monolith_FC_HD_2997_WithCCs_470x264_110920150517.jpg (470x264, 14K)

I kind of want her to stay somewhat small chested. Maybe more toned if she stays in some military function after 3I or something.

yamashita just can't help himself, everyone's got cow tits in anima

Yui? How so?

she'd probably put a lot of effort into keeping her figure and appearance up regardless

Misatofag reporting in. I think asuka is the most popular here in America, but relative to other places Anno’s seen, there’s a larger Misato clique than usual here.

Please stop leaking into Yea Forums, specially if you're just gonna post trash

Well, no brainer that Asuka would be popular in Germany.

How does the German dub handle the scene where Asuka speaks German to start up 02 and yells at Shinji for not thinking in German?

She’s ugly.

That is what Shikinami is for.
Forever small and sleek.

Attached: __shikinami_asuka_langley.jpg (714x1000, 79K)

how does this cope with this? her body cannot age

Way too many issues.

Attached: ritsuko2.jpg (2160x4023, 3.46M)

>Asukafags and Evafags revealed to be cancerous crossboarders

Attached: seiba is disgusted.jpg (937x534, 95K)

They said Curse of Eva made them stop aging.
Does that mean they're like, immortal now?

I mean, I'm sure if you shot them, they'd die, but outside of trauma or something, they'd just live forever then?

source?

youtube.com/watch?v=dNJfeCtSbhs

looks like raising project

Piko Piko Middle School.

Its a really strange read, but it has some occasionally fun panels.

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Legend of the Piko Piko Middle School Students v01 (2017) (Digital) (danke (1025x1450, 413K)

That’s cause Shinji is a fag.

Do breasts really grow bigger when warmed?

no, Shinji needed someone who actually wanted to understand him.

She wanted to become an immortal being, proof of mankind's existence.

Do you think Asuka could kick your ass in a fistfight?

This isn't a very touched upon topic but it's highly likely that Asuka is heavily trained in CQC, she could probably break your fucking arm

when do we ever see an indication of that, outside of the manga?

She's a 14 year old girl. Any one of us could snap her like a twig.

>Any one of us

Did you forget we’re all little girls?

Technically yes, but not by any amount you'd notice at the sort of temperature changes that'd be considered reasonable.

No, but given the shit she had to learn it would be a pretty glaring omission to not have been trained that subject. It's not like they knew what the Angels were gonna be, so assuming you'd have to get up close and beat the shit out of one is a reasonable precaution to take. Also, Asuka seems like the type to take that up as a hobby anyway.

You'd throw a punch and then get your balls shattered.

Attached: 1519635160040.png (1440x1080, 1.66M)

*in that subject

You gotta test it

Attached: 0066.5-007[1].jpg (1131x1600, 442K)

>getting punched by a hologram
is this the true power of teutonic martial arts?

>Asuka, try to remember the basics of CQC

Attached: Punished Asuka.png (967x544, 527K)

What the hell is Shikinami at this point?
She calls the other humans "Lilin" at the end of 3.0, that means she is part angel?

I would if I could

Attached: 4e4.png (315x315, 157K)

>Do you think Asuka could kick your ass in a fistfight?

NGE Asuka, probably not.

Manga Asuka would fuck all sorts of people up.

Shikinami, hard to place, but she punched that glass hard enough to crack it, and might not be entirely human anymore after contamination, but won't know without more evidence.

Attached: 7ltf-Z_c.png (654x1000, 449K)

They really made Asuka a mary sue in the manga.

>She calls the other humans "Lilin" at the end of 3.0, that means she is part angel?

She could be. After being contaminated by Bardiel, in 3.0, we see a blue glow from her eyepatch, and not that there's a lot of comparision, but her human eye glows green, like Mari's do when she went Beast mode.

Possible that maybe there's like a mini-core in her eye, or some other sort of angelic component that's 'infected' her.

Attached: Asuka left eye.jpg (1092x548, 49K)

I actually liked the idea of test tube Asuka, where she's pretty much genetically selected to be very exceptional from her lineage.

My guess is manga Asuka was made more competent to start in order to make her fall more significant. Doesn't help that the manga cut out or shortened so many of her scenes in favor of Rei.

Manga Asuka also only disables 6 of the 9 MP-EVAs before being defeated by the remaining 3 (though non-lethally this time), while NGE Asuka was on the verge of putting down all 9.

I thought NGE Asuka did take down all 9 and pretty much one regenerated just as she finished the last one and threw the spear and then the rest came back after it went through her eye and her power ran out.

>the japs can't handle the confidence and shamlesness of Misato. Instead they choose a complacent doll who only shows some real agency at the end of the series
Pathetic.

She was kinda in the middle of squeezing the 9th one's core after punching through the 8th to get to it, before getting interrupted to defend against the incoming sword thrown at her.

punching something that hard without smashing her own hand at the same time means she would pretty much certainly permaheem a human skull with a clean shot

Well, then if Shikinami knows some Martial Arts, give it to her then.

Means that most versions of Asuka would wreck the average man.

What do you think their first conversation was like after Third Impact?

Attached: 1f074a759ae64df457ca8ff8d805cfd3ce84c4b1.jpg (1000x1000, 514K)

Nah, he’s definitely gay my nigga

Probably something simple like "I'm thirsty/hungry"
Feel like they'd set aside having a serious conversation over what happened for a later date to prioritize finding shelter, and also out of fear of scaring the other off too soon and being left alone.

Well, got done reading 'Witness'.

Got any more?

don't forget the ol standbys, denial and shame

Who the fuck knows what Anno was trying to do. The Rebuilds are a mess.

One of the popular theories is that all kids are part angel, and if its a time loop, already were part angels even before 1.0 started

>Completely silent walk from the beach all the way to Shinji's new temporary home
>"Um, there's a guest room down that hall."
>Asuka looks at him in what might be an intimidating fashion if she wasn't so exhausted before turning her attention to the guest room
>"I'm tired. We'll talk tomorrow."
>"Alright."
>Shinji and Asuka both go to bed without saying anything to each other
>Shinji feels bad about this and knocks on her door a couple minutes later; when he doesn't get a response he peeks his head in
>"Asuka?"
>Asuka tilts her head towards him
>"Uh, I missed you."
>"I mean, I miss everyone, but I missed you the most."
>
>"I know."
>
>"Alright. Good night, Asuka."

Attached: 1521962756768.jpg (1440x1080, 744K)

Good to know the obligatory Eva thread is up.
Just now finished all the rebuilds. Interesting that Asuka has a significantly less character exploration - though I guess that goes for pretty much everyone other than Shinji but Asuka's lack of anything was especially striking in 3.0.
Kind of confused where the fuck Anno wanted to take all this.

I dont think shelter is a priority.
I feel it would be a lot of Several hours / a few days of shame, creating courage to start talking it out. A lot of apologies. Shinji would cry for roughly 99% of the time, Asuka would try to hold a serious face but would tear up from time to time.

>"I know."
the ride never ends

Especially with Mari, who didn't really seem to have a role. Honestly just felt like she was there to eat into Asuka's screentime and replace her.

Every board belongs to Yea Forums, silly newfag.

Honestly I forget about Mari. I assumed she's just there as some kind of ironic symbol from Anno.

She was only an Asuka replacement for the end of 2.0 since Asuka got relegated to Toji's role.

Mari in 3.0 was just Asuka's wingman and waste of space.

She was the genki boob girl obviously. If Anno was being serious here I don't think he'd have introduced her in the first place in 2.0

I hope Mari dies a brutal on-screen death in 4.0.
Like EoE Asuka's death times 10, and with bouncing breasts as it happens for added ridiculousness.

Attached: 2Zvg.gif (480x204, 3.63M)

based and guropilled

Attached: RAmJulc.gif (480x360, 885K)

Nice.

I was about to say it won't happen but if anyone would do it it'd probably be Anno.

>and with bouncing breasts as it happens for added ridiculousness.

>As she is being torn apart, her tits pieces literally smash against her head

Fuck off crossboarder.

She's a 14 year old girl. While skill is very important, even it has a limit on what it can help you with.

Any adult male of average height whose even slightly athletic would be able to snap her in half.

This isn't a strength contest. Obviously, you'd beat her ass in arm wrestling and could break her nose in one punch, but in a fair fight Asuka would immediately move to snap your ankle, or gouge your eye out, or hit you in the testicles. She'd wait for you to make a move and then act accordingly. She could probably wheel kick you and dislocate your jaw instantly.

Of course, those are big ifs, but the idea that Asuka, the child prodigy with a hard-on for combat, isn't trained in CQC is very far-fetched.

It's like 5cm of lexan, too. She hits windows harder than gorillas at the zoo when patrons make eye-contact.

Attached: 1558746299542.jpg (1920x816, 177K)

user, both speed and strenght are strongly related to muscles. Have you ever seen the arms of a female fighter?
Asuka is so fucking tiny and light.

Also dont underestimate resilience and reflexes. If she doesnt straight up knock you out with a single hit, a good grip to her arm completely disables her.

yeah, trained or not someone that strong and durable in a fight against regular humans would be punching holes in people and popping heads like riki-oh

for as much of a difference as proper form and training will make in a fight, there is also a reason weight classes exist

She does cool moves in her EVA and she did that slick kick in 2.0 to Shinji in the kitchen. That should indicate she has some kind of training.

Again, while training and skill is important, underestimating raw strength is equally stupid. No amount of skill is going to allow a human to consistently win a to the death fight hand to hand fight with a gorilla or a tiger.

Could a very skilled 14 year old beat an average grown man in a fight? Sure, it's possible.
Is it likely? Fuck no. The only hope they have is to beat them with the first strike, which simply won't consistently happen since they're outclassed in: strength, speed, mass, height, reach, resilience, muscle mass, etc.
The only advantage she has is skill, which simply isn't enough to overcome those factors consistently. If you honestly think otherwise, you've been watching way too much trash.
And this is all assuming an average slightly athletic male. If we start talking about any male who's got even a couple month's worth of training, or somewhat decent strength (like 1/2/3/4 numbers and above) or god forbid both, then there's no question she would lose 10 times out of 10

If we're being honest this is probably just a stylistic thing for the scene.
I'm more inclined to agree that size matters here. I couldn't really imagine her fairly dispatching a big dude like Kaji or any built guy twice her weight without a degree of luck involved.

Also, you're hugely underestimating the power of things like adrenaline. When pushed into something like a life or death situation, breaking bones, gouging eyes, hell even being stabbed or shot isn't always going to guarantee that someone is down for the count.

Why would it be just a stylistic thing when its so emphasized? They make it pretty clear that Shikinami is no longer a regular human.

>Shikinami
Fuck off with this trash. Not the same asuka

Canonical pink nipples!

Attached: 1537048367989.png (250x206, 17K)

23 FUCKING YEARS

>They make it pretty clear that Shikinami is no longer a regular human.
Oh, well then there's no point in using it as a valid comparison.

And maybe this. It would be sensible for the hatch on an entry plug to have explosive bolts or something for emergencies, but if it has the manual crank like Gendo and Shinji opened for Rei, Shikinami just tore it all off and flung it away.

Attached: 1542667169442.jpg (1920x816, 188K)

Asuka's slim frame doesn't indicate weak muscles. I imagine she exercises. Besides, Asuka wouldn't be working to knock you out. She'd go for the easiest available route to incapitation. I imagine a low roundhouse kick would work wonders in most situations.

Retard strength vs. notable skill is almost never a contest. Have you seen the average person in a fight? It's fucking pathetic from an outsider's POV. They flail around like retards, or they go for these big grabs, or god forbid they try something like a haymaker which is basically asking for someone to bust your head open. Even something basic like a normal straight can be dodged without any sort of training, let alone a trained professional. Of course, we're all also untrained retards, so this type of shit is what we would start doing if we got into a fight, but Asuka would just wait for you to do something, casually slinging insults at you the entire time, and if you actually tried like the retard you are she'd instantly dodge it and snap your quadriceps.

There's obviously an unknown element at play, maybe you get lucky and your punch actually connects or something like that or you just pull out a gun, but generally you're fucked. Asuka wouldn't play the aggressor, she's a smart girl. You either pussy out of a fight, or you try some basic bitch move and get plowed.

Attached: 7c156393-d03c-4b5e-b41f-0e7de90cc8ca~2.jpg (1600x1204, 204K)

>Any adult male of average height whose even slightly athletic would be able to snap her in half.

Again, Manga Asuka was able to take out 3-4 grown ass men.

Rebuild Asuka might not even be fully human at this point.

Kaji I imagine has training of his own that'd make it an easy win.

I don't know, there's a point where size will overcome training, but I mean, I can see a trained and athletic 14 year old taking the win over some 30 year old lard ass who hasn't hit a gym since high school.

This sounds an awful lot a fetish thing for you.

but arguing about meaningless pedantry is a cornerstone of Yea Forums!

Not to get too into it, maybe like BJJ or something, I'm just hearing this all and thinking about Royce Gracie tearing up all the early UFCs despite being outweighed by like 3-4 weight classes and 50 lbs every time.

It's half past 3 and I have nothing else to do but think about shit like this, let me have this

>incapacitation

Again, I'm tired.

Attached: 1541486960082.jpg (720x758, 48K)

doujins of shikinami pinning shinji down with one hand and riding him like it's the kentuky derby while he struggles futility when?

Doujins of Asuka tapping into weird Angel DNA shenanigans to tentacle rape Shinji and touch his 'core' when?

You cant incapacitate a man by punching him in the balls or kicking him in the ankle.
Have you never seen a football player keep running and tackling people even with broken bones? I have legit already broken my hand in a fight and kept going. The pain is nothing until you calm down.
The only thing asuka maybe could do to win is an armlock, and it only works on a one on one fight.

In reality, all fighting styles only serve to avoid unnecessary kills. The most lethal, unstoppable, uncounterable move you can do on close quarters is the prison rush stab. There is no grace, no skill, and its still extremely dangerous because there are stuff skill cant counter reliably.

>pull out a gun
Section 2 would be on you like white on rice.

>actually claiming that a 14 year old girl is going to win the majority of fights with a grown man
user, you're straight up retarded, to the point where I'm honestly surprised that you didn't disagree with the notion a skilled person could never beat a tiger.
As someone who's trains in both martial arts and boxing for years, including at times against some very skilled young girls, I can guarantee you that it's not nearly the steam rolling you're acting like it is.

First, 2 basic facts: 1) Asuka is, as presented to us in the original show and EoE, physically a normal 14 year old girl. 2) The average grown man can easily knock out a 14 year old girl with one punch.
Because of this, asuka's only hope is that she can incapacitate (which by the way, absolutely means knocking out in this case. A person can keep fighting through broken bones, injured testicles and/or gouged eyes. Those at most buy her a second or two more to actually knock them out.) her opponent within the first few seconds of the fight, but the fact is that this is very very hard for an a 14 year old girl, even a skilled one, to do to a grown man, especially consistently in an actual fight. Can she theoretically do it? Sure. Is it something one can consistently rely on? Fuck no. If you think it is, then you're very clearly woefully uninformed. As if you're mentioning "instantly dodging" stuff or "[snaping] your quadriceps" doesn't make the clear. I can tell you flat out, there's not a 14 year old girl in existence who can tear the quads of a grown man by hitting them. The quads are one of the thickest muscles a person has

This entire argument rests on vaguely defined and possibly non-existent anime powers being pitted against a regular human. The fact is that no amount of training will ever allow a 14 year old girl to consistently KO an average human male.
Now lets talk about something nicer than hurting my waifu, like how great asuka is

but muh wushu mcdojo techniques! superior speed! using the opponent's momentum! aikido!

>How does the German dub handle the scene where Asuka speaks German
Sorry, I think I've only seen parts of the German dub ages ago. I do remember it being below average as far as German dubs go, average for an anime dub. But that's all I can remember.

>The only thing asuka maybe could do to win is an armlock
I mean, or any other lock or choke she could pull off. I mean, if she can get you in an armbar, surely a RNC will do the job too.

Plus, I'd assume we were talking a 1v1 fight. If you need multiple men to take her on I say she's won in spirit at that point.

>A person can keep fighting through broken bones, injured testicles and/or gouged eyes.
Sure, they can. Many don't. Even skilled fighters often don't, IE Anderson Silva's busted legs, Corey Anderson, ect.

I mean, if she managed to slap a heel hook and tear your ankle and knee to shit, fight's done. She just waltzes off while you crawl or hop maybe. You ain't standing on that or giving chase. And this would also go for chokes too.

KO isn't the only way. Subs exist as well.

>Subs

Dude, any crafty opponent can fake passing out, only to attack from behind once Asuka lowers her guard. From then on, she's going to get fucking obliterated.

Soon

Attached: Based Shinji.jpg (1280x1024, 157K)

>Sure, they can. Many don't.
In a life or death fight they absolutely will. Skilled fighters stop fighting in such cases because they make money off their ability to fight, and fucking that up permanently just to win one fight is retarded.
And again, you're acting like it's super easy for her to break the bones or tear the muscles of a grown man when it's objectively not, no matter what her skill level. I honestly believe you simply don't understand how vast the difference between a early pubescent girl and a grown man is physically and mentally for that matter. Down to facts like the man's bones being much denser, and therefore much much harder to break than hers.

>And again, you're acting like it's super easy for her to break the bones or tear the muscles of a grown man when it's objectively not

Nice quad.

Also, never said it was. I just think it's just as viable as her trying to knock a guy out, maybe moreso, because I doubt she's got the strength to deliver a KO hit, where it doesn't take anywhere near as much power to squeeze the neck down if you can get in position. I think Asuka would be more likely to win via sub, than by KO. And I think the likelyhood of her winning in general is pretty low.

But I also don't like everyone assuming also that every man on earth is just going to turn into the Terminator at the first sign of trouble.

Plenty of people get shot, stabbed, smashed, whatever, and they just sit there and piss their pants and cry until they die of blood loss, and could have physically gotten up or tried something, but the pain and mental shock was too much. And this happens with cops and soldiers, let alone regular 9-5 slobs. Plenty of them, even when their life is on the line, when it would be the absolute best time to Hulk the fuck out for some final sprint to save themselves, end up just sobbing and begging and praying to be spared instead of becoming unfeeling combat droids.

There's plenty of people out there thinking they're stone cold badasses until they get popped in the mouth and turn into whimpering little children.

Attached: When Shinji talks back.webm (512x288, 2.47M)

I think it's just this guy drawing super-powered Asukas and just so she can look weirdly gentle for not doing it.

Attached: 1544523594547.jpg (1172x1558, 397K)

Asuka is a better girl and a more realistic character

Rei is a more interesting character

/thread

Link to more super-powered Asuka stuff?

>Also, never said it was. I just think it's just as viable as her trying to knock a guy out, maybe moreso, because I doubt she's got the strength to deliver a KO hit, where it doesn't take anywhere near as much power to squeeze the neck down if you can get in position. I think Asuka would be more likely to win via sub, than by KO. And I think the likelyhood of her winning in general is pretty low.
I see. That's a fair point I suppose, though I'm still not entirely convinced. While a sub is probably easier for her to accomplish than a KO, I don't know if she can rely on it to end a fight compared to a KO's almost guarantee that it will. I think at a certain point it comes down to a matter of opinion, including on what winning the fight even means, and it's probably best just to agree to disagree
>But I also don't like everyone assuming also that every man on earth is just going to turn into the Terminator at the first sign of trouble.
It's not so much they turn into the terminator than it is "can a 14 year old do enough damage to make them need to be the terminator," to which I think the answer is simply no. If we want to talk about asuka with a gun or knife ow whatever, then that's a completely different story, but in terms of just what she can do hand to hand, I just don't see it coming to that point.
If she was an adult, I could see it happening. With a child? It's possible, but no more likely IMO than her just knocking them out with one punch

>I don't know if she can rely on it to end a fight compared to a KO's almost guarantee that it will.

It's pretty much the same thing.

KOs in real life only last a few seconds most of the time, and people pop back up pretty quick, if a little wobbly, but still would be able to 'fight'.

Choking someone out is the same deal. No blood to the brain means you go to sleep, and once you let go it'll take a few seconds for you to wake back up, wondering what happened and why you're looking at the ceiling.

>It's not so much they turn into the terminator than it is "can a 14 year old do enough damage to make them need to be the terminator," to which I think the answer is simply no.

Yeah, it's unlikely, but people don't really walk off broken legs and stuff. Not saying she'd deliver one, but if she did somehow (namely by subs in this theoretical), that could very well be a fight ender for a lot of people, even if their lives were on the line, that'd be game, set, match for them.

But the long story short is yes, a grown man will usually win in a fight with a 14 year old girl, even if she's got some martial arts training under her belt. No surprises there.

that's oddly cute

Your shit taste.

Attached: 1536634432082.gif (480x360, 1.8M)

Rei is literally the "touchless virgin" appeal character.

>Rei is a more interesting character
>Rei is a [...] character
Really? You mean character as in "personality"? Can't see that, sorry.

>touchless virgin
And what's wrong with Rei being untouched and virgin?

Attached: 1557214896913.jpg (2428x3496, 3.29M)

>Rei being untouched and virgin
I don't think he meant that Rei was a virgin, but that she appeals to virgins. In other words: She appeals to insecure boys who project their wishes onto her empty shell of a character because they can't handle a girl with an independent personality.

Rei is a literal whore who would have sex with anyone Gendo orders her to.

>empty shell of a character
>independent personality
Hmm, that's even stranger.

Attached: 1539975311386.png (1080x4000, 3.08M)

Haven't you grown tired of getting BTFO'd every single time you repost this stupid made up meme?

Not a Reifag, but asukafags have been posting doujins and shipping fanfics the last few NGE threads. So that's kind of a strawman argument.

I'll never get tired of watching Asukafags desperately trying to replace reality with their headcanon.

Attached: 1556934641263.jpg (720x900, 197K)

Rei is an interesting plot device, her character has the depth of a small puddle

>Asuka is an NPC
Like I said. Asuka is a realistically written female character.
>Rei is an individual
Rei is male power fantasy.

I like Mari. She's the only character in EVA that is exactly where she wants to be and her enthusiasm is entertaining.

>Asuka is an NPC therefore Asuka is realistic
That's true.
>Rei is an individual therefore a fantasy
Also true.;_;

Attached: 7d0cfe862fe46dafe89b6780c20ba8c4.jpg (800x1198, 74K)

I'm sure she sorta came to terms with not aging over the 14 years, but if Shikinami shared any view on adulthood like Soryu, then it would have been a really nasty shock when she realized she wasn't growing anymore in the first year or so. On top of her injuries, not aging would be an extra insult to her personally.

Might kill any kind of motivation to date since she'd have to be comfortable with her 14 year old body and find someone comfortable with it.
Might not have even been time for that though, military matters 24/7 could have distracted from that.

>So that's kind of a strawman argument.
No, you're just not getting the argument.
The argument was not that Reifags are reading fanfiction, the argument was that they need to project their fantasies directly on the character, hence why they need a character with no traits of its own for that purpose. There are people out there for whom Rei not having a clear personality is a positive.

All that meme shows is that you neither understood Evangelion, nor Descartes, nor the "character" that you claim to like.

>NPC
Using that word alone makes you an "NPC". A sheep that follows Yea Forums and /pol/ trends. Hope you're proud of yourself.

From what I've seen in these threads, both sides are projecting their fantasies onto the characters. So it's not all that different.

She becomes more appealing as I get older. She'll never compare to Misato, but I'd give her a poke, and a cuddle.

Could never bring myself to watch this anime because of how beta Shinji seems. Having a male MC at all is already a red flag. Since I know he's a beta faggot that even jerks off to a corpse I can't be arsed to care about his story.

And then you get her STDs from Gendo

Long hair on women makes westerners erect, blue eyes, cute tsundere personality
VS
Calm, stoic, almost emotionless, almost like a robot short haired cold bitch.

Gee, I wonder why Asuka wins...

Attached: Vg-jeDAklb8co6zPeoBFqhrA7MCmGpGMvGv_GHAFmus.jpg (801x767, 114K)

You are certainly not afraid to claim these things, but can you actually provide any evidence for your claims?
It fits, the rest is irrelevant. Care to prove otherwise?

What an honor.

>both sides are projecting their fantasies onto the characters.
Haven't seen anything projected on Asuka. People mostly like how standoffish she is and how little she cares about what people think of her.

>but can you actually provide any evidence for your claims?
Well, that you don't get Descartes is probably the easiest to prove: "Cogito ergo sum" does not imply that everything that we describe as a thinking entity does exists, as your meme implies. It only works as evidence of the self to the self. Descartes makes that argument because of a thought experiement: What if everything I perceive is merely an illusion? Well, then I do still perceive myself perceiving. That means that there must exist something that is perceiving, and I call that something "myself". Thus, there is at least my own mind.
That's how Descartes argument works. Not "Rei appears to be thinking, therefore she is". That's decidedly not what Descartes was saying, because your perception of someone else thinking could be an illusion.

>It fits
Except it doesn't. But it very much describes you.

She'll come around to the benefits of being adorable forever.

Attached: 523621237.jpg (847x1200, 428K)

I agree that Rei is largely an empty vessel to be filled, and lots of fans are very eager to do that. But people are unrealistic about Asuka too, just in a different way - they ignore or gloss over or minimize her emotional problems. Pathologically insecure and destructive people are much less fun when you're actually around them.

That's the Tiffany Grant interpretation. It takes an idiot to act out Asuka's hypersensitivity to how people see her, her standoffish defensiveness of that vulnerability, breakdown over how she perceives her own worth, and then say Asuka's great because "she says what we're all thinking!"

Attached: 1549702242872.jpg (1440x1080, 197K)

Just look at all the doujins posted in the previous threads and people acting like it's canon. Fans use Asuka for shipping and other escapist things.
that too

>What if everything I perceive is merely an illusion
It is. It's YOUR illusion. That's what we call reality.
>Well, then I do still perceive myself perceiving.
Except you don't. How would you distinguish reality from an illusion? You perceiving yourself perceiving could be just an other illusion and you have no way to tell what's real. This Descartes was saying some strange things desu.

>how little she cares about what people think of her.
are we talking about the same character?

>Just look at all the doujins posted in the previous threads and people acting like it's canon
Its called "having fun", might be a shocker to you, and no one is seriously acting like it is canon.

Red better than blue.

Better dead than red.

So it's fun instead of "projecting" onto the characters? What's with the wordplay to suit your argument?

Attached: Eva fanbase in a nutshell.jpg (598x99, 21K)

>You perceiving yourself perceiving could be just an other illusion

No, read Hegel's explanation.

To consider the content in itself is not the first matter; for I can abstract from all my conceptions, but not from the ‘I.’ We think this and that, and hence it is — is to give the common would-be-wise argument of those incapable of grasping the matter in point; that a determinate content exists is exactly what we are forced to doubt — there is nothing absolutely fixed. Thought is the entirely universal, but not merely because I can abstract, but because ‘I’ is thus simple, self-identical. Thought consequently comes first; the next determination arrived at, in direct connection with it, is the determination of Being. The ‘I think’ directly involves my Being; this, says Descartes, is the absolute basis of all Philosophy. (5) The determination of Being is in my ‘I’; this connection is itself the first matter. Thought as Being and Being as thought — that is my certainty, ‘I’; in the celebrated Cogito, ergo sum we thus have Thought and Being inseparably bound together.

>they ignore or gloss over or minimize her emotional problems.
I don't see anyone doing that. Those who like her do usually accept her with her emoticonal problems.
> Pathologically insecure and destructive people
Name one person that isn't at least sometimes insecure and destructive. People have different ways of hiding their insecurities, sometimes even from themselves, but doubting oneself is one of the constants of human nature.

>Asuka's hypersensitivity to how people see her
She definitely isn't hypersensitive to how people see her. She does, of course, propagate an image of herself to the outside, but that is one that actively pushes people away, at least initially. And of course she is vulnerable, but who isn't? She does not say "what we're all thinking", quite the opposite, she doesn't even speak her own mind. But she is at least self-reliable and finds strength in her weaknesses. That's why she's great and why no one needs to project any traits onto her. She has an abundance of personality, with all the positives and negatives that entails.

>Fans use Asuka for shipping and other escapist things.
If that's how you argue, then you might as well argue like that against every single character in every single fictional story ever created.

But if you're dead in Eva, you're tang.
And tang is red.

Attached: 26e93e66605e059e1aafb52595d57975.jpg (461x810, 58K)

Original user here.
And what of it? I don't have to understand Descartes or think up a different word for the meaning of NPC to be right. It fits for Asuka and challenges the interpretation, that Rei is an empty shell. I don't care about the rest.

>Those who like her do usually accept her with her emotional problems.
OK, I'll rephrase. Asuka fans "accept" her because they have a childish, rose-tinted view of what it's like to deal with a person like that, and how destructive she is to herself and those around her. It's easy to say "I would put up with her and accept her and love her anyway, despite her faults" when you're watching a 25-minute show with explosions. No. If the average Asukafan met her in real life their patience would be exhausted in about seventeen seconds.

>You perceiving yourself perceiving could be just an other illusion
Okay, let's break this down to kindergarden level logic:
A) You perceive yourself perceiving.
B) Let's assume that is an illusion.
C) Than your perception of perception is an illusion and you perceive something that is fake.
D) Since you're perceiving something that is fake, you are perceiving.
E) Thus, there is an actual entity that is perceiving.
F) That entity must exist.
G) You call that entity "I" or "Subject" or "Self".

So, no matter whether your perception of your perception is real or just an illusion, there is still "you". That's what Descartes is all about and what was the first step into modern philosophy.

And nothing changes that the meme uses the "think therefore I am" (which is a mistranslation, by the way) in a way that fails to grasp even the surface level.

just stop replying, no one cares and you're not changing anyone's mind here.
No one in this thread will read either argument and think differently in the end, regardless of how accurate or not one side is.

If one person reads what he wrote and then comes out slightly less dumb, then he's done some good.

I think I'm slightly less dumb now, thanks user.

Attached: evangelion___asuka_and_rei_by_dannysulca-d7b9j2.jpg (849x941, 213K)

>I don't have to understand Descartes
You posted a meme that uses words you don't understand and then deny that it is wrong about how it uses them. That's the first problem.

Getting from "Rei thinks" to "Rei is an individual" (a word which also doesn't mean what the meme seems to imply) also is a non-sequitur argument. That's the next problem.

>It fits for Asuka and challenges the interpretation, that Rei is an empty shell.
"NPC" does not fit Asuka, as all the claims on the meme are unsubstancieated. How do you know that she "is unable to consciously reflect on" her perceptions, for example? The meme just postulates that out of nowhere. The rest of the argument treats that first postulate as truth and gets some more meaningless drivel from it.
That's the third big problem.

Lastly, it does not challenge Rei being an empty shell in any way, because all it only ever says about rer character is that she reflects on things, not that she shows actual personality traits. That's another non-sequitur.

Asuka is human.
And Rei is a tree.

Attached: 1475351829613.png (801x599, 104K)

>they have a childish, rose-tinted view of what it's like to deal with a person like that, and how destructive she is to herself and those around her.
I don't think anyone is ignorant of how hard she is to deal with. We see that in pretty much every single scene she's in. No one is saying she'd always be a pleasure to be around. But acceptance does not mean you can always stand it. It means that you can understand that it is there and forgive that it is there. And that you say that, despite it, she's worth putting up with her downsides.

Hmph, very well. I'll let you win this battle, however I'm not conceding the war.

Attached: 786dd275c09bdb3cc0c82bf7d7776147.png (600x800, 154K)

Certainly nothing that makes Misato better than both of them.

Attached: dfgdgdg.jpg (439x376, 40K)

Attached: 12.jpg (493x774, 199K)

I want to hug Asuka and tell her everything will be alright. I hope she likes eggs.

You need to be 18+ to post here.

Asuka also expresses need. Rei barely gives shit about anything and would be boring to talk to.

Net worth of Kaworu's acts ended up making Shinji more miserable than ever.

You can claim that almost any character has fans who barely understand or just don't care about who that character actually is.

Attached: 0057-024.jpg (1066x1600, 253K)

Asuka
>Jerk
>Always unhappy
>Ginger

Litterally souless trash.

>souless
Do you even know what that means? You basically decribed the opposite right before that.

Shes a ginger, fuck off Coppercab

>Shes a ginger
Yes, that's a positive. I like ginger. It's spicy.

Enjoy your waifu who is as souless as a corpse.

isnt rei like a weird brainless clone or something? asukas a real girl going through the same issues as shinji, reis just like his dads meat socket or something.

>your waifu
Asuka's not even my waifu. Just a character I like.

>isnt rei like a weird brainless clone or something?
You could argue that she's multiple brainless clones. But, basically, yes.

I guess the reason is that Asuka never is his companion. For apparently, the relationship of Rei and Shinji have been determined by the grown-ups, while Shinji rather chose the companion for himshelf, therefore from his POV, (which is also ours), Asuka is better than Rei in every aspect, even she dislikes him and in favor of another handsome grown-up. But Shinji chose her anyway, and distort her attitude towards him to somehow a twisted expression of love, which in fact not love but disgust, Shinji keeps ignoring all the signs and hates his father and treat Rei as his sister, in order to, again, to make Asuka better.

However, in the EOE we all find out, (so does Shinji), that Asuka just thinks Shinji is a weak and nasty boy.

Eggs have high cholesterol and dimonophostatetriteraxotatophyl.

Ok kiddo

Let's make one thing clear

Asuka >>> Hikari >>>>>>>> Mari > Rei > shit >>>>>>>>> whoresato

english isn't your native tongue, is it?

She has strong character

That vids always a dumb example cause the guy obviously wasn't giving full effort and you can clearly see him get tripped by the other guy in the chair a 23 seconds.

based

Attached: 113.jpg (1442x787, 504K)

I woke up and
said what I was getting at from the start. Asuka against some average shlub is a no-sell. Most of them would bitch out the second they got their heel teared.

Attached: 1522726873581.jpg (1440x1080, 357K)

I don't actually know any category in which Rei is better than Asuka.

Maybe she has slightly bigger tits?

She bathes and can talk about things besides Escaflowne.

Attached: 1551527583397.png (1028x770, 874K)

Hey I doubt it

Attached: 1470c9ea-0be9-4eb6-906d-4fb35bfe6583.png (1600x1203, 2.02M)

Solo hago mi parte

Attached: rei.jpg (719x768, 56K)

>slightly bigger tits
That would be a negative. Asuka's pretty much perfect when it comes to breast size.

Assuming she can tear a heel from the start, yes.

She only beats Shikinami there

Attached: 4d2a20c4-0881-4287-9d04-b9f5b103ca03.png (881x960, 644K)

Attached: 1544103499354.jpg (560x577, 39K)

>girl gets you in headlock
>whisper something in her ear
>"Hurt me more"

Attached: 6.jpg (361x458, 87K)

Attached: 1543732865206.png (500x371, 112K)

>Having a male MC at all is already a red flag.

Oh shit, here come the SJWs

It's just moefags.

Moefags are SJWs?

Well, that WOULD explain a lot ...

Who gives better fanservice? Mari or Asuka?

Attached: sample_e90b337196d2e46d7267e749ce83ff67.jpg (850x1347, 246K)

Is there any reason to watch Rebuild of Evangelion?

Isn't it like the "I hate the fact that Asuka will forever be remembered as the only good thing about Neon Genesis Evangelion" (t. Anno) movie series?

>Who gives better fanservice?
Fanservice? You mean who is better at maintainance and repair service of rotating-blade fans? I'd say Asuka, because she has that German craftmanship in her genes.

How much will hetfags seethe when Mari ends up with Asuka in 4.0?

Less than we will if it turns out Misato hooked up with Ritsuko. Ritsuko now looks like a literal dyke,

They got to have experimented in college

Attached: dc09510b3ad2fb6074bb837b136e436d.jpg (366x640, 46K)

I'm sure they did, but now Ritsuko looks like a fucking militant SJW.

It's a weird Japanese thing where you shave to signify the end of a relationship. Could be related to Gendo

Why?

>Could be related to Gendo

Maybe, but she should have still realized that haircut makes her look like microwaved dogshit.

Attached: 0370b106d89efbf15fe264ff327a5b62.jpg (595x800, 60K)

>Why?
Have you never encountered a wild Moefag, user?

Of course I have, but still why?

I honestly don't know how to respond. If you know how they tend to behave, it's quite selfexplanatory.

she's real

rei? best
asuka? shit

Attached: 1488932013020.jpg (720x540, 37K)

Why are all Reifags unable to make something that even remotely resembles a structured argument?

user? mad

Attached: 1556578138988.png (421x479, 319K)

Nah. Just asking an honest question. You have an answer?

As Jupiter is like a wall that collects asteroids in its gravity to stop them from hitting the earth, Asuka defends Rei from plebs. I'm not angry at you, it's in the Asukafag's nature to make threads like this.

theyre 2d girls you fucking dip, i just prefer the one that actually says what they mean

oh and i like the part where she sacrifices herself in order to quite literally give the world to the person she loves, while asuka is generic tsundere #11145

Attached: October 5, 1995.png (698x678, 508K)

>generic tsundere

Uh oh looks like someone didn't watch the show

>Neither of them wants males in their stories
Okay, but that's it? I thought you had something profound.

>but that's it?
No, that's not it. It's the same kind of elitism both groups display. Both talk as if they were the sole judge on what's proper (in anime or in society, respectively). They often follow a specific type of group-mentality. And they are obnoxious.
Of course, all of that could just be a coincidence, hence the tongue-in-cheek comment "That would explain a lot".

Neither of that answers the question why Reifags are unable to make a proper argument. It merely reinforces that they can't.

I knew you had something profound.
Any sensible Reifag would create their own Rei appreciation thread, instead of coming here to shit on Asuka. Yes, I'm a retarded Reifag and I only came here to hurt myself.

Attached: 59e4895aa465472a81899cbe3bd42232.jpg (1000x750, 378K)

>I killed my closest friend today
>but the total happiness in the world increased
>so whatever

And 20 more once NGE airs on Netflix and Rebuilds are over.

Why does that picture fucking exist
At least post a cute Rei

Attached: 1533336574210.jpg (1276x1748, 654K)

Come on, she is cute in that picture. From a certain point of view, anyway.

Attached: 14668cd6e95cc0ee3d43491f617c8d3c.jpg (707x1000, 426K)

oh, she's not? why is that?

what is it you're looking for? asuka is trash, there you have it

>only browsing one board
Only manageable if you're a blatant newfag

They're about tied for expression. Rei doesn't doubletalk, but she doesn't know what she means, she can take all day thinking about what somebody said and articulating what she wants to say. It's the aloofness that Asuka takes for hostility and scares everyone at the school off.

Attached: 1536465450841.jpg (1280x953, 236K)

Again: That's not an argument.
I hope you're just falseflagging to give Reifags a bad repoutation. Because if you aren't, you are really, really dense.

>From a certain point of view

Holy shit. Obi-Wan is a Reifag.

so what's your argument in favour of x or y? not an argument is not an argument le epic debate man

dumb crossboarder

her heritage

>only browses Yea Forums
let me guess, your only hobby is watching anime?

>admitting to being a crossboarder
jesus, what has happened to this place?

Asuka and Shinji are for comfy hijinks.

Attached: f4eceef77e038bccf8544d9e705e91733fe23b23.jpg (1300x966, 651K)

don't respond, just ignore it and he'll get banned for rule 6 soon enough

Shinji and Asuka are for having a happy family and a wholesome life

Attached: 193.jpg (1000x773, 301K)

What?

can't believe i've actually fallen for your bait, fair enough.

Can't we all get along and enjoy eva posting together?
Look how wholesome

Attached: 0263101130c36645e2ba3f5312cd439e1227896921_full.jpg (640x918, 213K)

For making post 3rd Impact snowmen

Attached: 71950652.jpg (808x1200, 511K)

>fallen for your bait
What bait? You're not making any sense. Answer my question, don't just ramble random shit or ask me what my argument is in favour of "X or Y" when I never made a claim that X was better or worse than Y.
You are spouting an incoherent mess of words. I asked a question. Nothing you posted answers that.

it's okay you can drop it now, i've learned my lesson

Attached: 1555220839179.gif (128x128, 10K)

Was that in Vol 5 of the manga?

heck no

Of course he is. On Tatooine, he had to kill time with something..

Attached: e88ce985b0d0f78d9e6ba51bad215d24.jpg (752x1063, 135K)

I've stockpilled enough food and turned my seat into a toilet to fight in the upcoming netflix war.
It's gonna bring so many newfags.

Attached: Adorable Tanya.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

tanya cute

Attached: 1558023771961.png (254x254, 124K)

>Gendo as Vader

Nah. He's Saruman to Keel's Sauron

>On Tatooine, he had to kill time with something
Couldn't he just have picked up some power converters at Toshe Station?

Rei is already in Star Wars

Attached: BwfU7PL.png (1000x307, 377K)

He was too busy making sure Luke didn't get himself killed.

Do you seriously think whoever watches Eva on Netflix will come post on Yea Forums of all places?
I think things will more or less stay the same

Attached: 1550155501646.jpg (649x728, 154K)

>two franchises make bland girls named rei
Just kidding, I love you reifriends

>Travis Grant
Too obvious, would've passed as legit if they didn't use Tiffany Grant's name

I hope not.
That's rude.

Attached: 632524205fe7b7e8cc38e43e0a0dda52.png (1151x996, 740K)

>Do you seriously think whoever watches Eva on Netflix will come post on Yea Forums of all places?
Sadly, yes. Redditors, tumblrites, ANNkiddies and MALtards invade 4channel regularly. Look at how many threads Devilman Crybaby got and still gets - the quintessential bad mainstream adaptation for edgy teens that no one who knows the original likes.
As long as there's no foolproof way to enforce general rule number 2, we'll get lots of Netflix watchers.

Asuka and Shinji are for blowing up at each other post-apocalypse after bottling up their feelings for almost two weeks before completely breaking down and apologizing to each other for everything while in a vice grip hug

Attached: 1559096272722.jpg (1926x1044, 171K)

not an argument

>that pic
Reifags are literally autistic and don't understand board culture. Sasuga.

and then high intensity hand holding

Attached: 187.jpg (936x1400, 207K)

>Reifags are like Rei
>Asukafags are like Asuka
Nothing is out of place.

Does this mean she's ripe for rape?

Attached: soviet_soldiers_berlin_rape.jpg (1212x1600, 227K)

>Reifags are like Rei
Damn, that's straight up the worst insult I've ever read on this board. You're vicious, user!

Which is exactly the post an asukafag would make.

So you feel good about being accused of being just like Rei? Well, good for you then. It seems there is some substance to that (non-)insult then: You are like Rei.

Misato fans don't bother with the squables of children and who has the most pedobait "waifu" they prefer to reflect on how Anno could create such a perfect character and woman as he did with Misato.

Last I checked Asukafags don't blush and go "ITS NOT LIKE THAT" if asked if they like Asuka, and if Reifags were like Rei they wouldn't be anime watching waifufags in the first place

Misato was in love with Kaji she wouldn't touch that nasty sloppy 2nds slurping trick Slutsuko

Thanks anons, I'm proud to be like Rei. This is one of the greatest compliment I can think of.

Attached: db00da0bc49fd0213a50fd3c43d8bffb.png (622x1024, 2.43M)

Fair. But I still don't think they outnumber either Asukafags nor Reifags.

>if Reifags were like Rei they wouldn't be anime watching waifufags in the first place
But apparently they themselves think they are:

Imagine being called emotionless, cold and interchangable ... and thinking that's a good thing.

>emotionless, cold and interchangeable
Please stop, I'm going to blush.

Attached: 34a9137ecb328bbdbd3b5139377156db.jpg (3840x2174, 2.38M)

Rei takes Rey's place in Force Awakens.
Would the sequel trilogy be saved?

Of course, Rei saves everything.

Attached: 1539979068842.jpg (4000x3766, 2.87M)

Yeah, a woman with daddy issues and a girl with mommy issues are 'strong women'

Okay user.

>Okay user.
You misspelled "Anno" there.

Probably meant strong as in active / aggressive, contrast to Rei being passive

Except the Earth. She fucked that place up good

>Except the Earth. She fucked that place up good
Well, the Star Wars fandom is even easier to fuck up than Earth. What was the last thing they were happy with? I think it was "A New Hope" ... definitely not the sequels, nor the prequels, nor the "Special Edition", nor "Return of the Jedi", nor "Empire Strikes Back".
Heh, just had a funny thought: Imagine Anno directed a Star Wars film! Oh, the "fan" outrage ...

Your first mistake was assuming these threads would ever die out

Attached: 1506E8A7-90DF-46B6-8AE5-25DDA42172FC.jpg (1125x825, 482K)

for me its Asuka

Attached: 1559063282172.jpg (719x720, 191K)

Can she do this?

Attached: 1540071899246.gif (400x400, 202K)

>Can she do this?
In fanart, anyone can do anything, user.

I guarantee you will not find a single gif of Asuka juggling on the internet.

Woah Rei that's amazing!

Attached: 1558925119528.jpg (240x430, 54K)

He'd have to love Star Wars to do any wild departure with it. If he doesn't care, he'll look at some of what there already is and make the rotest, most by-the-numbers addition to that. Or if he's really fucking into it, recreate the very first installment and how he felt about it in a sincere effort to give what he had to a new audience. The George Lucas comparison is fair but he's a little Alan Moore, too.

I just want to watch asuka hold it in until she pees all over herself. Is that really so much to ask?

>He'd have to love Star Wars to do any wild departure with it.
So basically:
Anno who loves Star Wars == Rian Johnson
Anno who doesn't care == J.J. Abrams

I can actually see that. And the fan outrage in both scenarios.

Attached: 2b06efc77dec12f48994c1b872035883.png (289x550, 124K)

It's no more disgusting than she normally is.

Attached: 82ff4862fd1c1fd7457b8116d91a0a07689c228707e8c04f15228e5bcb2bddf4.jpg (450x557, 62K)

Your apartment is disgusting, even for a doll

Attached: ee83064f605f2433cb704c5f59234349.png (393x390, 142K)

At least apartments can be cleaned, can't do anything about that disgusting personality though.

Attached: 1551069359165.gif (500x375, 271K)

You made Asuka cry, are you happy?

Not really, truth be told I actually like both of them.

>I actually like both of them
So you are just trolling?

eh, I like them both too, I cant bring myself to like one so much that I have to hate the other.

Attached: b82974da441b82f7eb19d327bacd8861.png (258x271, 71K)

Sort of. I actually do want to see asuka piss in her plugsuit.

Asuka>Misato>Mari>Hikari>Ritsuko>Maya>Rei

The pilot of Unit 02's stream is weak, anyway.

Attached: 1550009557401.jpg (600x637, 262K)

It wasn't really an example, it was meant to be funny with the title being "When Shinji talks back."

I'm a very big MMA and boxing fan so I just have a lot of random fight gifs/webms and this just seemed fun with the way the conversation was going, Asuka's got to get the practice in somehow, Shinji accepts being her test dummy, ect.

Attached: sleepytime.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

she is not a clone
meanwhile reifags still have to shut their lowly mouth whenever someone asks "which rei"?

It's a plugsuit. Don't they have an attachment for that?
Asuka is worst girl anyway.

>I cant bring myself to like one so much that I have to hate the other
I honestly want to like Rei, and I don't dislike her. But there is literally nothing about her that I can like. Just like there is nothing about her that I dislike. She isn't anything. She just is. How can I like or dislike that?

They might, but it could break on an off day.

Rei a cute.

Attached: 1531198508328.gif (950x1267, 939K)

>I don't actually know any category in which Rei is better than Asuka.

The Necrophiliac and deadfish fanclub.

Don't you have Google botnets to fix in the backroom, moot?

She's the calm and cool type. Some people me really like want to stick their dick in that type of girl.

>She's the calm and cool type.
It's not as if she could possibly be anything else. You might as well say she's "the bland and cold type".

She's not really all that bland. She has emotions they're just really subtle.

Attached: nge_rei04.jpg (360x270, 19K)

>She has emotions they're just really subtle.
That's like saying that Madonna can sing, she's just really bad at it.

At least she has a personality

Asuka has the potential to improve as a person, she is still just 14 and the experience of death and instrumentality will lead to some kind of change.

Rei died without ever fixing up her apartment herself.

Of course he is. Who would he go for? Souryuu "I hate you" Asuka "You underestimate my power" Langley?

Attached: d5fc041bf17ff531331435fb8f1e5ff0.png (1196x815, 476K)

This will be Yea Forums after Eva releases on Netflix.
And will stay like this from the 2020s.

Good thread

Attached: 15462808274.jpg (300x300, 26K)

>This will be Yea Forums after Eva releases on Netflix.
Best thing we can hope for is that Netflix goes the way of Myspace and Napster sooner rather than later.