Characters suddenly are starting to get offscreened

>characters suddenly are starting to get offscreened
>armon, a character who arguably could be considered the second MC in the prequel, now gets sidelined into obscurity
>introduces bunch of new literal whos as the main cast, whilst throwing the previous established main cast into the trash
>stupid last minute-plot twists for the sake of cheap shock value
>author somehow forgets that he tried to establish a basic, fundamental battle system in the OG by making the powers based on the user's imagination, thus skyrocketing the powercreep
>for some reason, the art gets noticeable worse after the first half
>the main evil organizations i.e. the clowns and aogiri tree, have barely any impact on the main story and are all bunch of jobbers
>etc.
I've always regarded Part 1 as one of my favorites, but :Re honestly feels like some cheap fanfic cashgrab akin to Boruto.

Just what the hell happened to this series, where did it all go so wrong?

Attached: Re_Vol_1.png (844x1200, 1.67M)

author got burned out hard and didn’t take a hiatus for whatever reason
goddamn retard, it was my favourite weekly manga and he ruined it for no good reason

The only good thing that came out of re was the "Kaneki and Touka fuck for an entire chapter" thing that absolutely ass ravaged the fujos.

>Ishiiiiidddaaaaa said he got depressed and took it out on the manga
>Said he hated the manga towards the end
>Still is supported by fans of the manga
Why are TGfags so loyal

I've read the first few chapters together with Yea Forums but then I dropped the series for other reasons and now in the past 2 weeks, I binged the whole thing only to get disappointed by this weak sequel.
>author got burned out hard
Is the only reason I could think of, especially seeing how the art degraded at some point. I wonder if this was ever confirmed.

>>Said he hated the manga towards the end
He never said that, he said he hated drawing on a weekly schedule because he couldn't handle the pressure which is pretty understandable, considering how fucked up the industry is treating mangakas.

I dropped halfway through the REEE anime, worth picking up again? seemed pretty shit

it's true that :re takes a massively quality drop in terms of storytelling etc, but the anime is so bad you can hardly call that powerpoint presentation with ugly visuals an anime

Attached: comp.jpg (2200x720, 899K)

>tfw Autisma had to off himself because beta-ki was still too weak
>tfw beta-ki was called king without doing anything kingly
>tfw beta-nugget's hair color was inconsistent
>tfw Eto came back for no reason at all
>tfw Furata died and the Purple-Glasses bitch was made more important to the plot than she actually was
>tfw when V jobbed to everybody
>tfw Uta jobbed to Renji
>tfw when Kaneki faced no repercussions for killing a bunch of people and got a happy ending.

What a dumpster fire.

AAAHHHHHH I miss the first part

>>tfw Autisma had to off himself because beta-ki was still too weak
no its becuase ken didnt want to kill him
>>tfw Uta jobbed to Renji
which is perfectly fine. only people who actually liked that character thought he was gonna do something
>>tfw when Kaneki faced no repercussions for killing a bunch of people and got a happy ending.
the only people who know the kaiju was kaneki were already killed and he's cleaning up his mess
>>tfw beta-ki was called king without doing anything kingly
the entire point. he was a puppet to everyone's plans

>tfw Autisma had to off himself because beta-ki was still too weak
>too weak
He refused to finish him off
>>tfw beta-ki was called king without doing anything kingly
The sole fact that he defeated Arima, the strongest being in that world, automatically gave him the king status. Add to that the fact that Eto published her last book, that specially talks about this stuff to bring ghouls together and you can picture why most of the ghouls would follow his steps (there were still some who rejected the idea of seeing him as a king)
>>tfw beta-nugget's hair color was inconsistent
How so? Even if true, doesn't have much impact on the overall story.
>tfw Furata died and the Purple-Glasses bitch was made more important to the plot than she actually was
Do I have to remind you how it's possible to create Dragon in the first place?
>>tfw when Kaneki faced no repercussions for killing a bunch of people and got a happy ending.
Just like every other ghoul?
>tfw Eto came back for no reason at all
>tfw when V jobbed to everybody
I agree with those, was pretty underwhelming
>tfw Uta jobbed to Renji
Are you angry that Uta got outsmarted by someone who canonically has always beaten him in fights?

Also, stop writing like a faggot with all those buzzwords.

Attached: 1518276120952.png (607x600, 693K)

The only redeeming quality of :Re is how aesthetically pleasing it can be.

unironically the only reason why i want a new series by ishida, i wouldn't expect much from the writing unless he takes breaks or has a bi-weekly/monthly schedule

Shame cause I really liked Tokyo Ghouls art and aesthetics, some of :re is still alright though, I liked mutsuki at least

Why didn't he make it monthly if the pressure was too much?

>I liked mutsuki at least
Are you a msaochist user?

Because that would mean he had to switch the magazine and I doubt that someone who just got famous with his first work could easily do that.

>I wonder if this was ever confirmed

Ishida literally confirmed it himself in an interview (I think), it could've been in Zakki tho. He had a shitton of pressure, got death threats from fans and lost his sense of taste

>choni su-u-na
yeah probably but all those extra side projects did definitely added to his plate, but hefully this doesn't scare him away and he learns to pace himself or his schedule

Because he wasn't as lucky as someone like Isayama with his first work, personally I doubt that SnK would be as good as it is right now if it was published week by week.
I can only hope Ishida learns from this experience and will start to change his schedule for his next work (if he ever considers returning back to the industry that is). Dude definitely has talent and did well for his first work, it would be sad if this is the end of his career.

Attached: D1mM89AVYAAE0-N.jpg large.jpg (1000x428, 52K)

what do manga authors even do if they dont do manga? do they shadow work? like work on a game or whatever or help a new author draw?

>like work on a game
In Ishida's case, this is exactly what he's been working on the past few years. But he said that it wasn't something he came up by himself, he just got a good deal where he can have a big impact on the game's direction etc. So he isn't just a character designer like Kubo is for sakura wars now. That said, there are many mangaka who just take a big break from the industry until they eventually will start their new series. And then there are others who have been nonstop drawing manga without taking huge breaks in between, so it just depends.

can takei(shaman king) design medabots please

>Also, stop writing like a faggot with all those buzzwords
No, I will not you TG:Re cockscker.

>everyone who isn't a speedreading faggot like me is a cocksucker
Imagine being this much of a faggot, i even agreed with some of your points.

my brother

Attached: 1537171077300.jpg (536x960, 49K)

Attached: eto twitter.png (616x798, 420K)

>"holy shit kaneki is fucked!"
>kaneki comes back stronger than ever and with a different hair color
>"holy shit kaneki is fucking dead!"
>"kaneki went through a very incredible battle!"
>"kaneki ded agen!"
>"oh look! kaneki is dyi-
DROPPED

Attached: 1558327711411.png (1672x1440, 405K)

>expecting the MC to die this early on
yikes

She's too perfect

Attached: c5f6657f01e3f97f8742252374cd66e3.png (896x1187, 525K)

she was cute before her yandere phase, fuck this shitty kaneki clone

Was a fun party

Attached: 1550129919212.png (951x1400, 707K)

Girls who kill their family are cute though

>Urie was the only good character left in the entire manga
That guy truly persevered throughout all of Ishita's horrendous bullshit.

OMEGALUL

Takizawa was also good character.