Houseki no Kuni

PRAY GODDAMMIT

Attached: 283503_198931.jpg (1033x1039, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-50NdPawLVY
youtu.be/Z5IrfdwoYOo
i.imgur.com/rc5mRE1.jpg
nhentai.net/g/227091/
kuula.co/post/7YF2j
sentaifilmworks.com/news/the-gems-behind-the-land-of-the-lustrous-characters
youtu.be/aJbsdoDHUrI
crystalgemstoneshop.com/products/lapis-lazuli-polished-phallus-small?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&cmp_id=1680515707&adg_id=69405414670&kwd=&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf96hGKwYBBaBD1jMUoz_7gtmwTlJ69eU9luPi7pilB-EmbEhNxzuLWQaAhh9EALw_wcB
youtube.com/watch?v=czizBiAhHiI
youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0_m5oZW7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the chapter out already?

yeah my dude been out four days

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
I LOVE PHOS!!!

Attached: 1557771976727.png (129x137, 9K)

Big brain here.
Does the story ever get good? So far all that happens is that Phos does something stupid, gets cracked, and then someone else almost gets kidnapped or does get kidnapped because of her.
The story never goes anywhere, no character ever learns anything. Lunarians fuck them up every time, yet they still go out by themselves and get almost kidnapped. Not a single one of the fights so far has had a character decide to just pull out and regroup, they always attack the Lunarians until they get destroyed and they would get kidnapped every single time if other characters didn't rush in by pure chance and rescue them in the last second.

At what point in the anime or the manga there is actual growth of the characters and something in the story happens that isn't ''Phos did a stupid thing, another character tries to save Phos but gets smashed into pieces, then another character comes in and saves them both, none of the characters learn anything from this.''

phos is cool and all but have you tried lapis?

Attached: 1533054487010.jpg (539x542, 197K)

I don't want to spoil anything, but things go from
>phos phucks up and gets someone kidnapped
to
>phos does the right thing but suffers for it
There really is growth in her character, user.
>no character ever learns anything
Precisely. Adamant and the gems don't change while the Lunarians adapt, causing harm to the gems. Phos however does change, yet she brings pain upon herself and others. We as the audience know that her heart is in the right place, and she's always trying to do the right thing, but as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished.

Oh fuck I missed the release thread

Attached: 1549679396082.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Get on that shit! You have suffering to catch up on.

Attached: tumblr_p7xge8IhRB1tl1lm2o1_400.png (400x400, 177K)

I didn't even see the spoilers, I'm going totally clueless on this chapter. On the mohs scale how much suffering this chapter has?

Attached: 1549523345099.png (700x779, 796K)

I don't mind spoilers. The story is just not going anywhere. I watched episode 7, and it was the same thing again. Antarcticite couldn't just back off and run away, so she gets smashed to pieces. She specifically tells Phos to be quiet, yet Phos still yells and gives away her position. The gold gives her a power that she didn't know about, and instead of running away and getting help she attacks and gets smashed to pieces.
Without Adament showing up at a convenient time Phos would be shattered into pieces and sink into the sea. None of the characters have any common sense, none of them are afraid of Lunarians or even feel like they're in danger.
None of the characters seem to even care to find out more about the Lunarians. They don't seem to even be concerned about being kidnapped.

Pls no bully Sensei, he's still trying his best and just needs some good debugging (possibly some hugging too)

>None of the characters have any common sense, none of them are afraid of Lunarians or even feel like they're in danger.
>None of the characters seem to even care to find out more about the Lunarians.
It's almost as if that's a plot point and the gems aren't human and don't have a human outlook you dumb speedwatcher.

Then why should anyone care what happens to them? Just kidnap them all, who cares?
Phos is always upset that she is useless, why not just take a hammer to her head, turn her into gem pieces so she never has to feel anything again?

You're looking at least at an 8.5
Phos decides to go to the Moon when she realizes Adamant is hiding things. She learns about the Lunarians and how she can achieve peace for everyone. She manages to get other gems to come with her. Adamant could end the fighting, but he "can't" for reasons still unknown. Phos tries to talk to him about it, but the gems left on earth just see her as a traitor. No matter how hard she tries, she's met with violence because the Earth gems are set in their ways.
Along the way, she gains more new body parts, each one representing a "treasure" of Buddhism where each treasure is analogous to a specific Buddhist virtue. It is very likely that Phos' changes are tied to her spiritual evolution on a path to Nirvana.

This happens. At one point she is so stricken by grief that she tries to kill herself.

You will see character growth, specifically Phos, manifest itself physically.
When Phos lost his legs and had it replaced, his character grew, when he lost his arms, he grew some more, eventually he grows so much you'd wish he'd just go back to being regular old Phos instead of the monstrosity he's become.

Attached: img000006.jpg (1120x7102, 2M)

pray?

Attached: monk.png (353x400, 97K)

Post honk gems

Attached: D5ckrbxUcAAyn9L.jpg (1401x2048, 342K)

A big theme of the story is that they are not human, they're merely mimicking human behaviour, it's more obvious if you notice the Japanese dialogue and speech patterns. They're not human but they are supposedly human descendants.

They don't feel like they're in danger because they don't understand the concept of death, they just assume that since they're gems they are immortal. Also they are basically children, hundreds to thousands year old children, gems, unchanging.

Wait have you even watched past episode 7

Attached: Phosser.png (1024x972, 391K)

I think people should be happy with how active Phos is now, instead of him being all mopey all the time.

Attached: x20.jpg (979x3889, 442K)

Why are plotfags so stupid? There is a pattern, I swear.

how do the prince and the gem boi have sex?

great, now phos reached a new low

when i thought it couldnt get worse

No chapter next month by the way

Okay guys, I have a new Phos theory to share with you all

Attached: phos theory.png (2058x603, 615K)

Well at least it can't get any worse now, r-right?

he didnt need to pray to disperse the dog or board
why is that

reminder all of this shit is happening only because adamant is too autistic to explain himself

I apologize for people being shitty here. I really love both the manga and anime, and hope you can find a way to see what I and others do in it. Phos is changing. But it's a slow burn and not obvious yet. Even less so if you're only watching the anime. There's a lot it does really well. But there are exchanges where so much more is expressed in the manga. And after you reach a certain point, more and more of Phos' more gradual growth does get contextualized by what a drastic change it ultimately becomes.

It was astute of you to pick up on the gem's lack of self concern and personal growth. It's a consistent metaphor that their mineral constitutions represent their psychological state. And you'll find that the physical qualities of Phos' arms are in no way accident. The gems will remark on their inability to die and their slowness to change. And you will find those with the most mature personalities are those who have experienced losses of other gems close to them. But an important thing is that even these are not considered deaths. A gem simply goes away when taken by the lunarians. If they get enough fragments back, they can always be reformed.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
>Why dont people just consume shit

the story will progress enormously and you'll eventually find everything out about the lunarians

the repetive pattern of phos messing up and changing is necessary for her dramatic character development

Attached: phos2.gif (614x720, 1.31M)

What if the thing stopping Sensei from praying is the moonies' refusal to let go of their past anxieties, the same ones that stop them from wanting to consciously interact with the Earth's environment?

Maybe Adamant can't pray, simply because they're out of wi-fi range.
The lunarians might even know this but refuse to tell the gems, just so they don't have to even talk about their former lives.

Will there ever be a season 2? I'm starting to doubt it.

My theory is that he's been programmed to not pray for them. Aechmea had said that his creators probably programmed him so that he can't divulge all of his secrets, and I doubt that was a throw-away line. The Lunarians are the dregs of humanity, so Adamant may have already served his function by praying for the souls of those who deserved prayer, leaving the Lunarians to remain in existence.

The boardgame and Shiro pass on just by getting to be with Sensei again, the lunarians appear to have desires that can't be fulfilled or let go of so easily and so they can't pass on without something helping them.

Well, yeah. And they keep being dregs because they won't make peace with their former lives.
I'm still betting the lunarians are still just fucking around with the gems, lying to them and building up their own little dramas for thousands of years.

>Houseki no Kuni in the OP

Attached: 1534176548003.png (333x333, 104K)

I like how Ichikawa has been making Phos' face cuter again recently. The meme shoulders have also been disappearing.

Attached: 1530072897600.png (490x434, 96K)

Hey, please don't make manga threads with an anime OP image. Might spoil some dudes who think it's an anime thread.

Cicada still remembers Phos, right?

Cicada got sent to the underground moonprison to be eternally sealed in concrete for daring to oppose Aechmea's plan and trying to rescue Phos.

>Cicada helping Pad get to Phos
I can see it

The early evolution of the houseki.

Attached: 1547699355709.webm (598x334, 2.97M)

just from reading that, i dont think houseki is for you. just leave and go watch sao or something

I want to look EXACTLY like Dia!

Attached: 4d330a937b4475ea59dafe9753dc5564.jpg (456x893, 31K)

Cute face but that neck

Attached: 1555803446785.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Are you saying you don't like Phos' neck?

Attached: 1529629507417.png (844x1200, 986K)

Will we see Phos in one of Antarcs uniforms for the comfy winter healing arc.

I like Phos but I'm an only anime fag

Attached: 1516316352126.png (521x543, 532K)

there will be no healing kid

>Healing
>In Houseki no Kuni
HAH

Attached: Dance.gif (530x416, 1.04M)

This wasn't ever really followed up on, was it? Not that it needs to be anything special, I guess, but it feels like Phos losing his sanity and his weird alloys starting to essentially commit suicide piece by piece is such a fucked and unique thing for them and there's just not any real "okay what the fuck was that?" follow up on what exactly is happening to him. I suppose they just couldn't really figure it out and had to move on.

Most gems seem to crack or go through physical shit when having a breakdown, Phos's unique nature just makes it all the more dramatic when it happens.
Or at least that's how I interpreted it anyway.

I feel like Phos's break down, specifically, was also meant to tie into the alloy parts of him being implied to sort of have a will of their own. But perhaps I just misinterpreted that. A lot of the story still feels kind of hazy in my mind, and I just read the thing for the first time like a month or two ago.

Attached: 1554919190934.png (1103x1098, 922K)

Phos suffering is the only reason I keep reading this, I can't wait for him to fail.

I understood it like that too. All gems break themselves when under a lot of emotional pressure, but Phos' alloy allows him to break himself in a much more sophisticated way than simply cracking.

Damaged Jehuty is one of my favourite /m/ designs of all time
Fucking Kojima will never release a new ZoE will he

I think Adamant can't pray because something happened and he need human verification to fix the error, and since Phos is the closest on being a human (with her body being a mix of buddhist 7 treasure gem) she's able to make him to continue praying like in the last page of this chapter.

POO... POO... POO... behind you...

This manga has successfully made me stop giving a shit about any of the characters in it. Gembutts can get nuked and the moonfags stuck on the moon until the heat death of the universe for all I care. Fuck them all and fuck this manga.

youtube.com/watch?v=-50NdPawLVY
PADPARADAPADAPADRADPARADAPDASCHA
IS
GONE

Attached: crab.gif (220x138, 178K)

>yfwnf when that little gem you rised became a demon among the demons that even a souless machine capable of splitting earth and annihilating entire race is afraid

Pads just got Cinnabared a bit too much. He's still alive.

What planet is she from?

Attached: 1559204871064.jpg (1483x2048, 433K)

What about Phos?

Phos is dead. What's left is a ship of Theseus called "Phos".

Attached: Phos.jpg (640x312, 48K)

Nah genki Phos is still in there, I know it.

Still has a Phos torso. Her inclusions are resilient bastards.

He is a eunuch isn't he. That's why all his creations are genderless?

Can someone explain me wtf is happening in pic related?

A mental breakdown due to intense grief causing Phos's alloy to incontrollably trying to crush his own body. Chapter 39 of the manga.

Attached: Is this a pigeon gold prison.jpg (1000x769, 71K)

Genderlessness doesn't mean they can't experience pleasure

Attached: 1556134940339.png (2225x1597, 2.42M)

Phos has PTSD and loses it for a moment, referring to Melon as Antarc. Then the grief/stress/etc builds past its limit, and she either willingly or unconsciously tries to kill herself or at the least inflict harm on herself. Notice the gold squeezing her pieces, trying to break them.

So I paced out season 2 with possible episode names. It could be paced into 10 episodes.

What I know is:
1. Episode 1 & 2 have recap time (the content from chapters 32/36 that they moved to S1E12) and they need time with Ghost Quartz as she fucking dies at the start of episode 3.

2. I don't think any of episodes 6-11 can be paced faster at all, there's a lot of text in them and the last long fight is in Board.

3. 52-53 and 54-55 as anime episodes are going to be absolutely fucking kino

4. 56-58.5 (Ends with "You are our hope") could be the last episode or the season 3 opener.
But I'd like if the season ended with "Think. If you don't come to your senses you will fall apart." Then animeonlies will flock to the manga.

Attached: S2.png (484x287, 14K)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: x21.jpg (1000x1436, 172K)

Attached: 1558506001227.png (483x540, 343K)

Ichikawa

You're being dense, there's no way the first season was decompressed as hell and still managed to fit nearly 5 volumes minus Ghost and your s2 is supposed to fit like 3 of those
Your "long winter" episode is literally a single conversation over Lapis' head, Phos being put to bed and Crinkle saying "welp it's been a century already", how the hell is it supposed to span 20 minutes? Your episodes 8 and 9 are basically 10 minutes at best each.
A hypothetical s2 would need to cover at least the whole of volume 8 and probably some volume 9 too

Attached: Laphos head shock.jpg (844x741, 126K)

nah user S2 will end in the night raid for extra suffering

That's too much blueballing, but not enough. I think ending S2 with chapter 62 would be perfect.

being phos is suffering

Season 1 managed to adapt 4 and a half volumes even with some filler inbetween.
Season 2 would probably span from the first half of the fifth volume as a flashback to either the end of the night raid or the gems all destroying phos when he comes back to talk to sensei

RUAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE PHOS
youtu.be/Z5IrfdwoYOo

RUAAAAAA
This is so good
how the fuck d'you find this user?

PO PO PO PO
HEY HEY HEY HEY

Attached: shinshaaaaaaaa.png (169x367, 47K)

with the power of autism

Attached: tumblr_ps3lp9j0xX1toj660o1_400.png (400x471, 75K)

I should have known

Attached: phosdoor.png (213x404, 47K)

AND THIS...

IS TO AWOOOOOOOO...
EVEN FURTHER...
BEYOND!!!!

Attached: awooelectrifies.png (245x342, 154K)

Alright alright I'll rework it.

I used Season 1 as reference anyway

Attached: S1.png (365x312, 14K)

the jazz part is really good
RUAAAAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE PHOSSU

Attached: 1550969166056.jpg (506x575, 29K)

have a jade

Attached: ohnojade.png (135x321, 32K)

So what exactly made him react and seemingly, work properly? I'm theorizing the fact that it was a command/order rather than a request.

You just can't go to a machine and "ask" it to work.

What the fuck

Attached: 1543000722150.png (164x200, 32K)

RUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: ruaaaa.png (844x472, 585K)

The alloy parts of Phos do not have a will of their own, but serve Phos' subconcious. Explained by Kongou when Phos starts crying alloy as a trait inherited from humans. Basically the alloys makes him more human and expressive.

Attached: G21.png (1114x1600, 822K)

But like actually what the hell did I just watch
Its cool but what is it? Its really catchy too

RUAAAAAAA

doritos hair is still best gembutt

She's mocking us.

Attached: G7.png (1114x1022, 336K)

We should make one pic like this for each chapter

Holy shit, this is so good.
What's RUA though?

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I wanna know what the text says!

Attached: RUAAAAAAA.png (554x566, 319K)

I'm confused about the whole praying business. Does Sensei need a human to command him to pray? If so, why do we seem him nearly praying and stopping himself?
If not, then why hasn't he prayed for the Lunarians? Is it just cause he's defective, or does he choose not to?
If he chooses not to, what would be worth the lives of the many gems who have been lost?

>Does Sensei need a human to command him to pray?
Yes
>If so, why do we seem him nearly praying and stopping himself?
Because of his defect.
I'm pretty sure he would pray for the moonies if he could. The same applies to explaining his condition. He's programmed to not explain all of his programming.

The lack of Cicada is strange, I can't see him accepting leaving Phos behind as readily as the others. Also I miss him.

Attached: concerned cicada.jpg (240x227, 21K)

Rutile
Ultimate
Asparagus

He might be concerned but none of the lunarians are going to go against what Aechmea wants, are they?

And just like that, Houseki threads developed their own variation of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. We really do have the best taste anons

Attached: omit shinsha.png (615x463, 271K)

This is a goldmine of reaction images. Good post user.

>tfw she vomits mercury everywhere again

Attached: ruaaa.png (387x366, 102K)

Pretty sure what he's asking is "why are you halfway through an anime that constitutes 1/4 of the story and asking for a resolution".

>188804970
This is the final straw, !Akemi, I have never seen anyone this insane in my entire life.
Do you actually think ANYONE is going to believe you when you replied to (your own) reply that was calling out your insane post with a reply that is calling it out for false-flagging as what you think is "ack", when in fact, you are double-false-flagging?
Do you really think people are so stupid to fall for this?

You will never fool anyone, !Akemi. Seriously, just give up already and move on with your life.

Holy shit, his art when he's trying is really good too. I don't think I'e ever seen someone draw a sexier Dia.

Attached: dia bort band.png (1067x597, 994K)

remember don't reply to the bot

Do you actually think anyone will fall for this, !Akemi? No, honestly, do you really?
You get called out on replying to yourself when you are agreeing with yourself and trying to make it look like everyone agrees with you. You trying to false flag and shitpost saying that posts telling you off are all the same person only makes you look stupid.

Big if true

Imagine being !Akemi and being this fucking mentally ill.
Imagine doing literally the same exact shitposting every single day and thinking you're "epic" for it.

Reminder that every single crack post, with an image or otherwise, is mage by !Akemi. He is literally the only person who does this, and literally his whole life revolves around it.

You can't talk with him, you can reason with him, literally nothing you say will make him accept reality and that he's not the "epic troll" he wants to be.

Hnk lives up to its reputation of having worst fanbase out of the non-shonen shows.

No, !Akemi. No one is ever mad at your shitposting, nor will "ack" ever be real.

And as always, this has nothing to do with "shipping". It has to do with you, !Akemi, attacking people and trying to ruin threads on purpose.

>REEEE IGNORE GIB ME MY SAFE SPACE REEEE REEEEE
You're so fucking pathetic.

How about YOU ignore people shitting on your for being retarded?

Yeah, because you'd never lie, !Akemi.
Look at how you literally refuse to type your tripcode correctly. You stand out so much.
You're truly pathetic, !Akemi. Going as far as pretending to be what you think is "ack" and calling yourself out to justify your obsession just proves how much you need mental help.

How so? This is the only "general" I've seen on Yea Forums that isn't constant shitposting and shipping. Unless you consider those things the good part of Yea Forums.

>trying this hard to be obtuse
>thinking it will actually fool someone
And no, as always, you are the one ruining threads, !Akemi.

What's with the fake ack?

theres that doesnt get banned
>"buddha user"
>Gay fanart/fujos/no jokes
>muh suffering

>!Akemi pretend he's tries to "troll" "ack" because he thinks everyone is !Akemi
>!Akemi himself calls everyone "ack"
>by his own logic he should be trying to "troll" himself
>he actually attacks people because they don't give him his safe space hug box

And there you go replying to your own posts !Akemi.
You are the only one who shitposts here, !Akemi.
Telling you to stop spamming off topic garbage and attacking people is not shitposting. It's actually what you're supposed to do.

No even Buddhanon's teachings can save your soul from samsara user
>AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
>HE HATES IT
pic related

Attached: cursed_paddy.jpg (1450x1180, 144K)

No, !Akemi. You didn't see "him" in Houseki threads. That is you copy and pasting posts that have been directed at you before. And you are spamming them at random people. Because you are trying to pretend that's what "ack" does.

You are literally so fucking consumed with your own shitposting it's insane.

Excuse me, flyby shitposter, can't you see there's some ultra sperg currently in your spot?
Come and complain about completely meaningless things like "worst fanbase" later.

>that doesnt get banned
That's ok user. Not everyone spergs out over someone making the same post once per thread. I like seeing his based AAAAA posting and based Phos loving.
wat
>muh suffering
Well ya, it's a depressing story. What would you rather the threads talk about or focus on user?

There is something seriously fucking wrong with you, !Akemi.
No, really. There is no sane reason you should want to be acting like this.

Do you actually think anyone will fall for this, !Akemi? No, honestly, do you really?
You get called out on replying to yourself when you are agreeing with yourself and trying to make it look like everyone agrees with you. You trying to false flag and shitpost saying that posts telling you off are all the same person only makes you look stupid.
You're truly pathetic, !Akemi. Going as far as pretending to be what you think is "ack" and calling yourself out to justify your obsession just proves how much you need mental help.

>buddha user
While admittedly self-indulgent, buddhanon actually contributed a lot to the discussions. Even then, they already bailed these threads long ago.

Only happens when faggots and tumblrinas take advantage of the little activity going on in threads. Even then there's more waifufagging and the occasional fanart relevant to the ongoing chapters.
>muh suffering
The story revolves around it, so why wouldn't anons talk about it?

You'd have to be an absolute newfag if all this shit triggers you, especially considering how there are threads and generals with far worse shitposting in them on Yea Forums.

No, !Akemi. People can easily see through what you are doing. It's not hard. And you replying pretending to be fooled by it doesn't make you look "epic".

Post gems in normal human clothes.

Attached: Dtgh1jrUUAAH_VC.jpg large.jpg (1586x2048, 120K)

i wonder why that "user" comes here

based
mad

Attached: swissrutile.jpg (545x1228, 234K)

ack? he goes wherever akemi summons him

Please stop spamming this thread, thank you very much.

I'm an anime only, does head Buddha man remember what is like to be a people?

read the manga
dont listen to anyone else's answer

It's a bot, stop responding to it.

the feeling of eternity and emptiness really scare me in this series

It's supposed to. It's a bit similar to the feeling of uncanny valley, where something that's very similar to 100% human except not quite ends up being registered as bizarrely nonhuman.
Time and basic physiological needs having little to no meaning to what would otherwise be a recognizable human society works to ramp up the eerie feeling.

Attached: Labyrinth Aechmea drawanon.png (1085x1493, 379K)

the hell is happening in here

sensei and Phos are the only ones that have empathy, most gems are psychos

RUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: fuckingpissedphos.gif (900x770, 2.95M)

Just ordered english vol. 8 finally, are there any shitty translation moments in this one?

Who?

Attached: Benito.png (1920x1079, 2.33M)

kino

Attached: Screenshot (83).png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

Is this the happy ending?

This is mesmerizing

Phos says "shiroi" meaning "that white thing" when talking about Shiro, and that got translated as "immaculate".
Also the translators suddenly realized that Sensei is never refered to with special words or pronouns, so he got "that gem" 'd too. The board game gets translated as "molecular geometry puzzle game".
Nonetheless, it's still miles better than the Ruski.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c053 (v08) - p004 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 391K)

HAAA~~~~~~~AAAAAA~~~~~

Was AAAAAAAAanon literally searching "HNK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA on youtube?"

This now required watching for HnK

Attached: 1548810631087.png (247x265, 59K)

So Aechmea is a pedophile right?

Each episode you get excellent worldbuilding, characters clash and gain flesh, phos acts as the primary pov and develops.
You can complain that it doens't diversify it's plot beats but it also serves as a consistent back bone to the narrative of the story.

Phos tries to change in service of goal, phos suffers and you ask whether it was truly better, and likely settle at it's simply different.

The world in an of itself is a character. It develops from a simple place, to an intricate web of interactions, histories, and stories.

I think Houseki has one of the best plots in manga. It's pace is excellent while not being too fast. It puts on flesh without being bloated. It uses it's art well, granted not to the degree something like berserk might but it's quality can not be easily denied.

Your complaints are really mediocre. If you want to discuss something specific I am here, but in terms of story beats. I think Houseki does it well. Better than most even.

Also why is your complaint about tactics as they apply to humans. They are gems, and they are immortal, it's' explcitly stated they don't have the same conceptions, of death, loss. What they have are a lot of learned behaviours. They are imitators, they are also not fighting a war. Neither are they incentivized to be tacticians to the same degree. It's not even about tactics as a whole.
You have inadvertantly strawmanned the premise of the show, and said you didn't like it.

Let me give you one for berserk.

When is Berserk anything more then guys runs foolhardedly into a problem. Suffers and gets knocked out only to get back up and win the day at great cost to his body and mind.

There you go, I have summed nearly every climax, omiting the griffith content. It works for Count Climax, Eclipse, Lost Children, Conviction, Sea God, Armour.

I feel everyone is worse off for your retardation.

AHHHHHHHH STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

SEEING GENKI PHOS BREAKS MY HEART

ARGHHHHHGJGHHJHHHHH

Attached: DELET.png (200x224, 78K)

Finally someone gets it.

Attached: 69576089_p45.png (675x1148, 198K)

Gems seem like the height of full grown females.

he's millions of years older than craig so, maybe?

They are also forever mentally children.

Again, so are full grown females

AAAAAA posting is multiple anons.

How'd you like the chapter user?

Attached: i am in incredible pain.png (976x972, 445K)

Until they get mouth fucked by the Prince.
Well said.

Attached: fghfn.jpg (815x630, 198K)

>reddit
>lustrous
memes aside a lot of this is pretty accurate

Attached: elated.png (376x529, 151K)

What a fag.

>he doesn't think feminizing a prepubescent gem and moulding him with your moondick is the hottest shit ever
queer

Attached: 1540210284000.png (468x620, 350K)

Its losing dust from the chest

>t.lunarianscientist

Its cirno a gem?

Attached: png_KoFi_d814ac9a-b288-4284-9ebf-4edfd371468bfrute_display.png (500x500, 318K)

Oi, barbata is the most based moonie

how good is this show?

Watch it and tell us

>they look like a prepubescent child
wtf

good like this

Attached: de39f61f91c341ded3858bde30c3765a03d05832275e13d3d4ad0c4177717d65.jpg (1000x1400, 523K)

ice is a mineral

Attached: Capture.png (231x458, 100K)

It's great user. I read the manga first, but wish I had watched the anime first looking back. You'll enjoy it.

whats he reading anons?

Attached: Screenshot (82).png (1920x1080, 804K)

is RUAposting now a thing?

Attached: 1557463034999.png (628x673, 359K)

Awhh :)
I'm going to watch it just because of how nice all of you are, all of you have great days

2333 over and over again

Attached: phos hey.png (531x780, 298K)

Enjoy user, and fuck off these threads until you finish the manga, because this place is a hotbed of spoilers.

Yeah.

Attached: RUA.png (260x410, 77K)

Why is this series cursed with trash official translations? Are the writers human? Do they understand how awkward it is to never use pronouns?

cool

Fuck off literal redditor.

Attached: Bort.ru.png (909x381, 73K)

>Music:waaaa

Like... sime kind of special ice cristalization or just ice?

Bros...

Attached: dia too sexy.png (200x544, 163K)

It's interesting how without Phos nothing ever happens in the world. When Phos was around the moonies were making breakthrough after breakthrough, yet as soon as she's gone they stop all research and begin sitting on their asses doing nothing for 200 years.

flat chest, small, those eyes

it's almost like someone who challenges the status quo is required to change things

Justice

They wanted to be progressive, assuming (unfortunately, probably accurately) that this series' audience would consist of pronoun aficionados who would get upset if some genderless rocks got the "wrong" pronoun assigned to them. Most of them should have fucked off when they saw this.

Attached: 39.jpg (982x1400, 317K)

I love how it feels like the fanbase for HnK is subconsciously trying to make the cutest most heartwarming OC possible, to counter just how soul crushing the manga is.

Probably: they felt like they couldn't use "he" (or "she") without causing backlash, and "they" would've made everything awkward.
So they went for the second-most not completely retarded choice.
I mean, it's the same for >Didi. Assuming you can't use nii-chan, it's not a bad translation: still, everyone familiar with the original will just question the initial assumption.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c025 (v04) - p116 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2146x3056, 1.1M)

If only this manga was made a decade earlier.

>Didi

Attached: 1556024268011.png (773x997, 696K)

>2009
Then you likely wouldn't have had any official translation at all.

Attached: Sensei closed eyes.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I'd rather that than dealing with pronoun fags.

MY DIARUAAAMONN!

Attached: diaaaaa.png (415x475, 188K)

/some/ of it's certainly cute and heartwarming

Attached: 1556018511400.jpg (800x591, 236K)

The official translators are identical twins, so no, they aren't human.

>Thin Man

COMMANDER

Attached: 632498-xcom-enemy-unknown-playstation-3-screenshot-thin-man-is-human[1].jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Ahh, the acursed fourth person! No wonder they can't English when they have an identical twin.
Me (1st)
You (2nd)
Them (3rd)
Umbilical Rival (4th)
>TL Note:" Umbilical Rival" may be rendered using the alternate Latinate "Absolute Onahole" in certain states

Please god, give me evil Phos. Even if she snaps out of it at some point, let me have her for just a little while.

No, it is a bad translation. They are clearly calling each other brothers and using masculine pronouns. Ignoring that and going for progressive nongender bullshit is butchering the original material to fir your narrative.

It's about time for Phos to get another design change, but she doesn't really have it in her to be evil.

Attached: 1542928094175.png (652x756, 308K)

Give me theories of what are Alex, Benito and Goshe up to after the timeskip. The user who guesses correctly will win a shitty fanart.

Alex is still receiving injections
Benito is sitting in a plain white room doing nothing
and Goshe has been on a moon drug bender for 164 years

Alex is an artist, Benito is an idol, Goshe is actually a double agent for the slugs and has placed over 108 remote mines at strategic locations to cause the most damage when he receives the code word Phossylickylick/Pospopolizliz

They all got slug tattoos and became moon delinquents

Alex is half-blue and half-red from their treatment going wrong, they are bipolar and schizo. Benito became a nudist (doesn't wear powder). Goshe is a snail rancher and talks with a texan accent about snail breeding while wearing suspenders and a straw hat.

Alex enjoys his DAILY DOSE OF INJECTIONS and cooks, Benito is a weirdo idol, NuGoshe is just enjoying life to the fullest and shitting on buddhism itself. Currently investigating a way of raping Red Diamonds half-formed corpse, his moonie friends love him.

Really hope Alex and Barbata are dating. I can see it happening.

Alex spends his time on a GTA-style rampage through the moon constantly vaporising moonies, only for them to just respawn immediately so they don't care too much.
Benito has spent her time trying to convince other people to help her make a permanent laser/light source to eat, but since no-one else is tagging along, she's still not even asked Barbata for help yet in case he thinks she's weird.
NuGoshe went to explore the moon, only to forget that it's tidally locked. He's now stranded, unconscious, in a small crater, unable to wake up due to never getting any light. He's slowly becoming pitted with micrometeorites. If he were awake to see this, he'd think it looked pretty cool.

Do you think there any significance to Sensei putting in Phos' pearl eye in while reconstructing them? I just noticed the other eye was absent, maybe for a reason

Check the chapter again.
Senei was holding a piece with the other eye and was about to it in when Phos woke up, and dropped it to start praying.

Not in and of itself, but if Phos gets another pearl eye later on I won't be too surprised.

It is an odd choice. It would have made sense for Sensei to put away that suspicious foreign body part and replace it with a normal eye, since he creates eyes for all the gems and should have a drawer full of them.

I did not notice. But sensei must know the pearl eye is important. They showed as much when Phos returned to earth with it.

*red diamond eye

Yes I agree, so I'm not sure if there is more at work here or not

Attached: x13.jpg (1000x1440, 302K)

Attached: 1517784070747.jpg (1905x2540, 562K)

Good one user

Attached: tumblr_ozh6ocm9AV1v6bs4yo1_400.gif (265x265, 2.99M)

oh wow, not into mecha but ZoE designs are sweet, is it worth playing it?

>phos will die or at the very least lose all of his phos near the end of the story
>final panel of the series is this small fragment washing up on shore somewhere as the last remnant of him

Attached: 1540111267599.gif (174x100, 686K)

Alex is now Alexxx
Benito is the new head in charge of the moon cementery
NuGoshie went full Roman Colisseum with the moonies

>No Houseki no Kuni game released yet
This is a fucking crime. The setting is too perfect for it with the infinite waves of lunarians and shit. Many of the gems have well known/estabelished fighting styles. Phos alone has like 3 completely different phases for god's sake. I'll even take a cash-grab gacha at this point. Just let me play with different gems. I need this in my life.

Attached: hou.gif (480x256, 1.22M)

Where do you think mineral water comes from?

>Alex spends his time on a GTA-style rampage through the moon constantly vaporising moonies, only for them to just respawn immediately so they don't care too much.
This would actually be a 10/10 gag page.

>injections
I swear its a new unknown meme with you guys on every thread, I get lost and I wont be reading those long ass compilations to understand.

>NuGoshe dies offscreen.
>Again.
>ANOTHER NuNuGoshe is born.

Fund it.

Attached: 1558238525103.gif (420x560, 971K)

Attached: i was talking with that girl you know.png (819x492, 223K)

>>injections
it's not a compilation thing its a horribly cursed porn image that I'm sure will be posted again sooner or later

It honestly completely threw me off guard when I finally read this. I put it off for years because I though it was just slice of life. It's absolutely packed with action and hype though. Even more so than a lot of shounens.

So anime is cgi shit? No way in hell will I watch it.

>I'll even take a cash-grab gacha at this point
I've never touched gacha's but I'd go broke for a hnk one beyond general money making it would be the best way to create lore and characters for dead gems without diverting from the plot

I don't remember this conversation. Did i speedread?

Give it a few episodes, it's not bad. It honestly has a lot of soul. I don't know if it's just because they're rocks, but it works really well for this series for some reason. I hate CGI usually too. Loved the anime for this though.

she looks like a gender-neutral npc.
she went from a cute whimsical girl and turned into a life-hating, no-fun freak.

Implying it isnt hot.

Attached: alekki.png (210x604, 256K)

I still like the idea of a prequel manga that has each volume focus on one of the phases of Yellow’s life.
We can even have a bunch of gens vanish and new gems show up between each volume for maximum suffering.

here's some pixel stuff

Attached: gem pixel vidya.jpg (400x2180, 75K)

I'm feeling unsympathetic towards Phos throughout all of this. The way she tried swaying the gems to go to the moon was so underhanded and full of empty promises that it makes sense to see how so much has gone to shit.
> Your abducted friends might be there
As fine dust, nearly impossible to put together for multiple reasons, and if they are they don't have a single memory
> They probably have the technology to get rid of your poison!
Despite all their tech, they never figured out how to fix Pad's poison, and they can't cure Yellow's mental problems either
It's pretty frustrating that Phos lost that Lapis intelligence too. What the fuck was she expecting to happen in her last trip? Their previous attempt at diplomacy failed miserably, making Phos extremely suspicious, and Adamant was broken anyway

>Praying for Daiz

This causes me to think of the show and all the meaning we shitpost about, it gets to my feelings.
Why can animation so easily reach feeling within me where almost nothing else can?
It's like the autism goes so deep it completes a loop.

Attached: 1545768060860.jpg (768x768, 73K)

Attached: phos.png (550x750, 6K)

>life-hating, no-fun freak
Dumb speedreader

Attached: 1545325111191.png (221x295, 64K)

Attached: pho.png (550x750, 6K)

Attached: ph.png (550x750, 7K)

I miss them. Morga would have never abandoned Goshe like nuGoshe did to nuMorga.

Attached: DOp5VmZWAAEK6bw.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1920, 142K)

Attached: p.png (550x750, 6K)

Whoa, what the fuck is going on there?

Attached: ..png (550x750, 7K)

>I'm feeling unsympathetic towards Phos throughout all of this. The way she tried swaying the gems to go to the moon was so underhanded and full of empty promises that it makes sense to see how so much has gone to shit.
I use to feel this way, then I remembered that page right before they go to the moon, where she tells them all that they can turn back. They all agree that they are going to the moon for their own reasons, and would have agreed to it regardless of Phos' words.

>oh look I just happened to regain my memories
>come with me to the sea there's something you want there I promise
Is it just me or is the way Ventricosus got Phos to come to the ocean very similar to the way Phos acted bringing the gems to the moon?
Since it was his only real experience with being manipulated it's possible he subconciously imitates how Vent acted when trying to be manipulative, even if he doesn't remember the event itself.

Attached: 1531619634852.jpg (1920x1080, 343K)

Please do tell!

Attached: 1539828403087.png (225x350, 130K)

First attack was an actual attack. Second time was an attempt at diplomacy when she appeared unarmed.

Phos deserves happiness.

Attached: instincts.png (255x253, 5K)

It had more suffering than I expected. Ichikawa truly mastered emotional torture.

I used to enjoy making tiny gemdick Yellow jokes but now it feels like kicking a corpse. I dont think even Phos suffers this much. Fuck you Ichikawa. I love you.

Attached: D7dNVK-UEAAg5ua.jpg (1075x1544, 242K)

I've had a lot of feels from various anime and manga, but there's something different about HnK. It's easily become my favorite "still in production" form of media.

How did yellow's tiny dick meme start?

Oh, that's interesting. I started with the anime and the scene with Phos running with her new legs instantly made me wish for a HnK game. I can totally see her gamestyle going through drastic changes since her gold version trades speed for defense. This series is asking for a game adapation.
Yeah. That would be fun. Fate and Senran Kagura are examples of franchises that did that and many characters originally introduced by the gacha are well accepted by the fans.

Attached: houseki-no-kuni-0501.jpg (1920x1080, 900K)

A couple of fanarts randomly gave him a small one, plus his cowardice on different scenes + gay threads making gemdick jokes. Not sure how did it exactly start but a combination of those factors created it.

Nice!

someone post the image about Euc's gemdick

>wanting gacha
Entire companies or franchises have been ruined by the gacha menace. Gacha ruins everything it touches.

>comfy gemtimes never again

Attached: D4s2ojwU4AA_y9i.jpg orig.jpg (1240x1754, 198K)

We need the dick chart! Some got the dick chart!?

Attached: 1539790254386.jpg (1200x759, 75K)

Yeah, this makes sense to me. And Lapis influence finished the job.

I can't help it user. I really like collections. Plus Gachas aren't so bad as long you don't throw money at them. Brave Souls is the only thing holding the Bleach fandom together since the manga ended( for better or worse ).

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

I have this one.
i.imgur.com/rc5mRE1.jpg

Attached: 74763339_p1.jpg (2039x2894, 1.83M)

>Red Beryl image I don't have
Saved, thanks user.

Attached: Hair.png (600x600, 181K)

Close enough!

Attached: 1.png (924x1508, 765K)

Red Beryl is a hidden gem.

Attached: 69742330_p1.jpg (768x1024, 149K)

Cursed ship.

Attached: 1512423475943.jpg (1013x655, 85K)

>Variegatus has been passing down that thing to every one of her descendants
>It has over the 220 years become a pearl

Reminder that the only acceptable Phos ship is Phos x Me____

Attached: 1533562828521.jpg (575x575, 48K)

So... Variegatus is dead, right? ;_;

Attached: 1548453263251.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

I've said as much.

>Dia got the best sleepy time dress.
Based.

doritos

Attached: 73634793_p19.jpg (1348x1264, 1.64M)

So final form will be an fused alloy Phos? Makes me wonder if he could forcibly fuse with Sensei to try to get prayer done.
I'm partial to ver.2, but Cygames has funded some stuff with collaboration with Grandblue. There's always hope.
Yeah, it's pretty fun. There's some annoying missions, but the game's pretty fun and vector cannon is some nice stuff.

>boi
ghost dick phasing thru the gem pussy, touching the inclusion really deep

Reminder that bortz got btfo'd by Phos

Attached: 1529599657071.png (1908x1076, 2.52M)

Vent being betrayed by the moon after being asked to "kill" a gem and refusing is a parallel to Phos being kinda betrayed by the moon and being asked to kill the slugs and refusing. The whole mini-arc is foreshadowing for Phos.

That pic makes it almost seem like Phos has a spear. Spears are cool. I wonder if Phos's next weapon will be something other than a sword or even more OP arms/sensei mode.

Attached: 1535149708986.png (958x4670, 843K)

Phos with a normal sword would probably have lost, her moonsword tipped the scale. I'm pretty sure it's made of bullshit sci-fi artificial alloy with 100 hardness.

That's the one! thanks user!

Attached: Suffering.png (500x281, 71K)

Perhaps the artist imagined Phos with a spear? It's difficult to interpret that long black shadow as anything else.

It's probably made of an imitation of Sensei's material that they said they could never get quite right.

I think it's just supposed to be the moon sword she had during her fight with Bortz.

>Phos' dick
My fucking sides.
>Shinsha mercury drip
Oh man.

Based Alex the straight choice for straight men like me.

Attached: not tumblr.png (501x394, 134K)

nhentai.net/g/227091/
translation when ????

>Euc

Attached: jost.png (72x56, 9K)

Barbathyst is cutter. specialy with Ame's new sex hair.

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 20190530_195609.png (659x514, 369K)

I couldn't confirm if the artist wanted to draw Phos with a spear in this fanart but I did find out that they drew a follow up with Bort getting ready to fight.

Attached: e02737a3007f5f2a.png (954x538, 1.13M)

Red Alex is top tier gemdick though.

Attached: DlIbZhoUwAUpSDKc.jpg (1583x2048, 661K)

The artist is called Skirtsan. They also did an interesting 3D picture.
kuula.co/post/7YF2j

Attached: DV25P4QXkAADWBK.png (1200x494, 1.05M)

Muh dick.

I've finally had a boner for a rock.

I think he just drew the handle way too long.

good taste user

Attached: 1538895616724.jpg (788x1200, 284K)

Flat Lapis is the houseki no kunni.

Attached: Lapis on the bed.png (700x1050, 199K)

Stop it, I love Dia, stop confusing me.

maybe some sort of reverse grip?

Attached: squiggly lines.jpg (600x313, 35K)

>"wow this is nice"
>"turns image
jesus christ

Attached: 1549669459732.png (549x778, 108K)

this is an absolute gem, thanks user

Neat.

Yeah the fuck

For some reason this video makes me realise we never really hear or see any characters laughing, outside of a smug chuckle or nervous laughter.

Makes me want a giant hotdog with mustard

RUAAAAAAAAA
I LOVE PHOS

Someone edit her into a houseki

fucking gays anhero

The anime was a mistake

Attached: 1531186197162.gif (500x281, 1.01M)

homosexuals and dumblr users are
fuck off Yea Forums

So is it a song with a vocaloid on top or is it an actual original song? Cant find anything on it

Why did the gem restoration project halt as soon as Phos was dissected? Is she the only one that cares about getting the old gems back?

Either there was something fundamentally wrong with the restored gems (beyond not having old memories) or the moonies are total dicks. Either way, Alex can't have reacted well, since she was apparently expecting Chryso to be brought back.

Also
>Eu asked every day for 220 years for Adamant to pray
>"Since the lunarians aren't coming today either"
Calling it now, the gems have enjoyed 220 years of peace while the lunarians fucked around with the moon gems. Phos' revival is going to fuck everything up again.

The ghost people are pretty apathetic to solving their problems.

Isn't that sort of the point? Phos is pretty much the only character with any desire for real, fundamental change to how things are. Maybe the snails too, but they're so completely outclassed by everyone else they can't really do much. Even Aechmea isn't all that active and he's basically the only other character who even pretends to give a shit. When Phos isn't around stirring shit up, everyone else just falls back into easy to live with patterns that ultimately accept how things are.

Meanwhile Phos's actions ultimately just kind of fuck everything up and increasingly erode his tenuous grasp on sanity. Everyone gets angry with or dismissive of Phos in the end. It's a pretty depressing series, in the end.

I think it is as deep as we discuss here with the whole buddhist thing and deep things resonate.

Attached: cryingtinyphos.png (532x412, 142K)

And also how sexy these gems are.

>Pray
honk honk

Attached: Df4sZntVQAA5O5Q.jpg (1300x1000, 111K)

Attached: IMG_20190530_084753.jpg (414x207, 34K)

>bumping his own thread
truly a loser

I'm sick of all the focus on moonslut and moondaddy.

Attached: 1541568284566.jpg (1147x1499, 193K)

Attached: 1548746928957.jpg (512x384, 27K)

Sentai article about gembutts
sentaifilmworks.com/news/the-gems-behind-the-land-of-the-lustrous-characters

Go ahead! As long as I don't have to see that cunt anymore.

Attached: 1547856453299.png (842x2339, 1.07M)

How bad were the anime translations compared to the manga? I recall the trailer having more reasonable translation of lines the manga translation butchered, despite the voice acting great.

Yellow bursts out laughing when Phos tells sensei she loves him.

>2019
>still posting houseki no trannies

Gems a shit. Lunarians a shit. Admirabilis master race.

Attached: snails dabbing.jpg (1208x679, 204K)

You're nuts. Look how happy they are.

Attached: 1559278924999.gif (480x360, 204K)

>dies
Nice species you got there fleshy.

Considering they changed like 6 generations in the span of 200 years, the average longevity of royal admirabilis seems to be around 35 years

Attached: dumb dog.png (351x253, 51K)

On the topic of slugs, may I ask you what the most literal translation of the second balloon in the right panel would be?

Attached: img_064.jpg (1494x2154, 406K)

I don't think there's any ambiguity in that balloon, it just says "They are said to be drifting, waiting to regain their bones and their flesh"

Oh, it must be the first one then. The one where she's talking about an untainted land

>They finally obtained a new, untained world (lit. Heaven and Earth). To resurrect...
>...They are said to be drifting, waiting to regain the bones and their flesh they need

There doesn't seem to be any hidden meaning.
The only thing that's maybe harder to convey in English is that the Flesh and Bones are something they "have" to regain (as in a requirement), but that doesn't really offer anything new.

Grazie, caro. I needed confirmed that the prevalent nuance in the word for 'pure' was in fact "untouched, untainted", same as the words Sensei chooses in his speech in chapter 64 I asked you a while ago.

Attached: VenTHICKosus.jpg (1280x1791, 232K)

>tfw our most reliable and accurate source of translation is a nice user instead of the officials or scanlations
I love striborg

That's not how generations work, if they give birth at 20 then the next generation starts 20 years later. It doesn't mean that the previous one is dead.

Well by generations I meant how many kings they have changed.
Assuming they're the king for life, that still places their average lifespan around 35.

Attached: image1203642.jpg (350x542, 213K)

Goddamn
Why did skinny chic go out of fashion for brapshitters? I get that fashion isn't just about aesthetics, it's also a reflection of the culture of the moment, but we've neglected aesthetics almost entirely with the current 'thicc' worship.
Based cosplayers and based east asia showing how it should be done

3d is shit anyway, and there are plenty of skinny 2d girls.

Attached: G8895472063.jpg (540x808, 70K)

It probably works like
>slug lays a bunch of eggs
>other slug relays sperm on them, fertilizing them
Variegatus was the 5th ruler after Ventricosus after a mere century, while Convallarius was king 50 years before Ventricosus. I don't think an immediate implication about their lifespans should be made, but I doubt the life cycle for marine androgynous lifeforms is anything like ours.

Words of wisdom.

>pukingshinsha.jpg

This is the ideal Lunarian body.
You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

>CairngormCosplay.jpg

Who?

Attached: who's that.png (594x726, 240K)

YES YOU CAN AND YOU WILL
GET UP SOLDIER

It makes me happy that HnK threads stay active. Keep suffering everyone!

Attached: 47205365_2276268585982201_6325187065196202163_n.jpg (1080x1152, 96K)

slugs are hermaphrodites, and usually they both just inseminate each other and they lay their eggs seperatly
there are some sea slugs that have sword fights (that kind of sword fight) and if one manages to poke the other he tops her and she takes the cum like a good boy(female)
since admirabilis are human descandants anything goes with how their reproductive systems work

youtu.be/aJbsdoDHUrI

>and if one manages to poke the other he tops her and she takes the cum like a good boy(female)
This is how all reproduction on Earth should work desu.

Where does this thing about the pearl eye being objectively evil start? The manga dropped every instance of the eye looking weird after volume 8.
Yes, the real reason Aechmea gave it to Phos was surveillance but it looks like the moonies have to choose to use it as a camera rather than the eye working 24/7 as a CCTV.
Being artificial isn't ground for dismissal either, because nothing in the story suggests that "naturally occurring" means good or superior. Are people with glasses or tooth fillings evil because those are artificial too?

>I'm feeling unsympathetic towards Phos throughout all of this. The way she tried swaying the gems to go to the moon was so underhanded and full of empty promises that it makes sense to see how so much has gone to shit.
Congratulations, you're smart enough to figure out that you shouldn't root for the main character just because they're the protagonist, especially when the story signals plenty of times that they're being shady and ill-advised.

Attached: human kid Phos sees statue comic.png (774x1200, 520K)

>Are people with glasses or tooth fillings evil because those are artificial too?
Yes.

>be drawfag
>cant draw qt phos
I wish i were a lunarian so i would practice phos for the eternity... actually... i can become a lunarian! See ya bros

Phos is kind and all the things he did were for the greater good
Incels will disagree though

The great pospopilizliz!

it's shit

>trying to draw qt phos
>failing
>not trying then to draw sexy rutile lewds
The first two made sense

>i can become a lunarian! See ya bros
Is user going to kill himself?

He already did.

Attached: doit.gif (59x56, 99K)

>Craig: All you're doing is causing the other gems harm, Phos.

SAYS THE GEM WHO HAS ONLY COME TO KNOW THE FREEDOM, INDEPENDENCE, AND ROMANCE OF WHICH THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED THROUGH THE SOLE EFFORTS OF PHOSPHOPHYLLITE WHO HAS NEVER HAD TO SEIZE THEIR FATE BY THEIR OWN HANDS A SINGLE DAY IN THEIR LIFE

How short sighted.

Which colours should anal blasted rutile have?

Craig might be a bitch but he wasn't wrong in what he said there

It's as if you read only the first few words and glossed over the rest.

I think that's the point of Karen. He is Phos' opposite. Also Phos is obviously harming other gems, but it needs to be done for everyone to ultimately get what they want. And it's not like Phos is doing anything wrong. The Earth gems get hurt because they're inflexible, narrow-minded, and impossible to reason with. If they get hurt, it's because of their own problems.

Hmmm, she's got the gold and brown tones in her hair which look great but should be nowhere near the arse
Maybe her white powder rubbed/scraped off her back and arse to reveal a gold quartz? I don't kknow how you could do the rutile strands without it looking like shit though

Clearly written with casuals in mind, but it's acceptable.
It also fails to mention the important fact that Phosphophyllite is rare and sought after by mineralogists, but its only redeeming quality as a gem is its colour since it's shit for decorations and hasn't historically been used as a gem. Same for Cinnabar, Antarcticite and Crinkleporn, which sets them apart from every other more proper, valuable gem (with the exception of >he doesn't suspect Obsidian I guess). It's not like it's thematically relevant that the main character and all of his partners in a series called Kingdom of Jewelry have weird properties that don't make up for good jewelry, right?

Attached: Phos Shinsha wedding winter dresses.png (402x1000, 285K)

Dumbass. Karen is thankful to Phos. She did thank him, and mentions this again in that very speech when the very reason she claims for going to see Phos is giving him the talk he needs because she feels she owes him for bringing her to the moon in the first place. All written on paper in that very dialogue.

Attached: C16.png (1426x2048, 826K)

It's like Phos is a surgeon performing a live saving operation on someone, without anesthesia. Yes, the surgery is necessary, and in the end everyone will be much better off, but some consideration has to be made for the patient's suffering. If the pain is worse than death, they might really prefer not to be operated on. Obviously the best outcome is reducing the pain level until it's bearable and then performing the operation, but everyone is too panicked, in pain, and confused to do it right. Instead we've got the gangrenous patients holed up in the basement with makeshift weapons while Dr. Phos hacks his way in with a chainsaw sc4reaming about how he's going to chop all their limbs off.

The whole moonman pedo angle is funny to me. They are all just rocks. It's like getting mad about dating a sedimentary rock instead of metamorphic.

Attached: jahy laugh.jpg (651x737, 53K)

Huh, looks like for once I'm looking forward to the Netflix adaptation.

Attached: 1545898532869.jpg (1500x1500, 177K)

I disagree wholeheartedly. I think that the ends perfectly justify the means in this case, especially since the previous situation was hardly any worse. They've been dealing with the heartache of loss for thousands of years. Sure, to believe that they're being brainwashed by Phos is a little harder of a pill to swallow than simple loss, but the real source of conflict lies on their shoulders, not those who have left. Hell, perhaps it's even better than before. Nobody's died in the last 200 years either because I'm sure the Lunarian diplomatic stance has since been updated.

It's like a mom whose son has run away from home who is upset that he left, but won't take appreciate the fact that he still wants to have that relationship with her.

The political faggotry honestly isn't 1/10 as bad as I expected after reading this.

>It's like getting mad about dating a sedimentary rock instead of metamorphic
Kek

Calcite is good enough for me

so cute

Attached: 1558874930537.jpg (400x250, 22K)

>Look up Lapis Lazuli
First link by Google:
crystalgemstoneshop.com/products/lapis-lazuli-polished-phallus-small?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&cmp_id=1680515707&adg_id=69405414670&kwd=&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf96hGKwYBBaBD1jMUoz_7gtmwTlJ69eU9luPi7pilB-EmbEhNxzuLWQaAhh9EALw_wcB

Attached: lapis dick.jpg (1500x1500, 172K)

>ywn date an igneous rock
why even live?

Attached: 57490422_632239523868546_3810848259515410330_n.jpg (1058x678, 45K)

I don't see that, maybe google is trying to tell you something user

Attached: 1537976698534.png (900x902, 628K)

I'm not seeing it. Not even on image search. Say user, what's your browsing history like?

user is a slut for rocks!

I guess that's how he gets his rocks off!

Attached: carlos.jpg (600x600, 35K)

I bet he search for goatse

It was a Google Ad actually, but still it's a little scary that talking about gemdicks here yesterday, has lead to my browser suggesting me literal gem dicks during my searches.

Attached: lapis lazuli.png (1397x773, 223K)

The same thing happens to me. I was talking about getting a new mattress, and the next week, I see mattress ads everywhere. Fucking Google spooks.

At least the reviews are good. I just realized me clicking on the gemdick ad, just told some AI algorithm bot that it's advertising is working.

Attached: reviews.png (512x421, 22K)

>and great conversation piece!
Sure it is, Brandi.

Attached: Rutile chuckle.png (401x539, 304K)

If yall are actually spooked about google just don't use chrome and google stuff. If you have an android phone you're fucked and you should install lineageOS or something. Get a different email provider. There are great resources to find recommendations and guidelines to making yourself at least a little less data leaky.

>The same applies to explaining his condition. He's programmed to not explain all of his programming.
Which doesn't make sense. Either that's another defect, or he was purposely designed to confound the Lunarians' designs.

I believe he said something about harm their emotion if he explains

>filename

What I mean is that everything we're seeing could have been designed to occur from the start. We don't know much about the Professor or what her aims were, but it seems that the Lunarians went to an awful lot of trouble to replicate her just to get Sensei to take their commands.

Good catch user.

I think it's a security measure. For instance, you build a humanoid robot that can act just like a real person. However because you can converse with it, someone could just ask the robot how it works and the best ways to destroy it or reprogram it. Therefor as its creator, you program it to not divulge certain information.
When was that?

this is you bortz today

Attached: IMG_20190531_122638.png (998x1246, 1.41M)

But as far as we know, he's only programmed to respond to *humans*, not just one in particular. The Lunarians are the selfish-desires of humanity; this could have been a mechanism to keep them from enacting some bullshit plan.

But then again, why give him the ability to pray them away to begin with? Why have a mechanism at all, unless you're truly trying to restore humanity?

Quality posts, user.

The moonies are only one part of humanity. He responds to Phos because he contains pieces of the other parts.
He was made to pray, but that doesn't mean that he is able to pray for the moonies. For all we know, he has already fulfilled his function and prayed away the spirits of humanity, leaving the moonies as refuse.

I get the feeling that this is some kind of Nier plot; that his job was to restore humanity and he hasn't for whatever reason. Praying might destroy the Lunarians as they claim, or it might "destroy" them by restoring humanity and by design the gems and slugs as well.

He wasn't always with the gems, and he could've grown attached to them and refused to destroy them.

>when was that?
After phos went away with some gems and sensei collected the ones who chased phos in the ocean.
There or, when phos was seeking answers from sensei... can't recall correctly

I should also point out that as an hybrid amalgamation, Phos might be exempt from this and could be setting herself up for the ultimate suffering.

I never considered this. Though if that's the case, why not just explain it to Euch or Phos?

Because if he's critical to the human race's survival, he was probably programmed to survive himself. Telling them would only complicate that; even if he is relatively indestructible.

Besides, he cares for them greatly.

He's a prayer machine though. He was built in order to help humanity achieve peace, not save them from extinction.

>When was that?
Chapter 64. Sensei decides to reveal "the truth" to the remaining earth rocks, but explicitly says and apologizes that he's forbidden to say certain things.

Attached: 009.png (1114x1600, 380K)

Oh, and I don't think he says something about harming their emotions. Just that he's forbidden to explain certain things.

We don't know anything about him other than that he's indestructible and that he's the only corporeal thing pre-calamity to exist as far as we know. The Lunarians obviously existed before; as his dog and board game pieces came to visit him - this demonstrates a first-hand knowledge of the world before the shattering.

We know his primary function. Even if Aechmea was lying about certain things, Adamant confirmed to Phos that he was built to pray for humans. Also we know that he has a flaw. Everything beyond that is a mystery.

Does anyone remember his full name? I remember reading something about the Buddhist symbolism his name represents, but that was awhile ago.

>Varja Mahametta Ratana Ksitigarbha
I don't think the whole name means it, or maybe the whole thing is the term for it, but I recall at least one word from that is essentially just the Buddhist term for the name he'd already told him. The whole Admant/Adamntine/Kongo thing.

Attached: 015.png (1426x2048, 449K)

There is a third possibility which is more likely. He may be commanded by a human (the professor) to not pray or to not say certain things. It's neither a programming design nor a flaw. A command from another human could rescind the order.

Phos could just make the alloy go through sensei's mouth and mess things inside... i want sensei the hug phos so his pain will cease a bit

Mercury is much better at creating alloys

cum is the best alloy!!

So... will shitsha betray flat-earth gems and help phos?

How do i control my alloy bros?

mercury is only good in making brittle amalgams
in a sense, pig steel that slowly evaporates and kills you whilst being hard yet fragile

It's an old gyari music video redrawn with rocks
youtube.com/watch?v=czizBiAhHiI

Attached: ボーカロイドたちがただ叫ぶだけ 15-36 screenshot.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

Sensei already did that though.

Thanks, almost forgot to watch this again today.

There are an even older version

why this whole song and video reminds me to gembutts?
youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s

where the fuck is hans when you need him

user...

Attached: 1558652751723.png (450x532, 236K)

Travelling in a blacked out sunspot
on a buddhist trail, hunting for gembutts
I met a strange robot, he made me nervous
he looked at me, I turned to vapours

I said
"Why won't you send us to nirvana
It really blows here in samsara
Can't you see, what you do is unfair
Gems better run, gems better take cover"
>break, up tempo

all the other gems with their pumped up butts
they better run better run
outrun my bow
all the other gems all the genki sluts
better run better run
faster than my arrows

reddit deserves the gas

that last scene is exactly what happen when the gems and phos left the earth
amazing

thank you for providing context to this

Oh no what a travesty. Cairngorm is truly being torn apart by Aechmea's sexual abuse. Her being the happiest she's ever been even 220 years later is just a sad facade.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Attached: 1494648824384.jpg (400x438, 43K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0_m5oZW7c
>buddhism noises
We're made of
SOLID ROCK
Carved from
SACRED GROUND
Living on
BORROWED TIME
With winds of change, we're all wearing
THIGH HIGHS
>buddhism noises resumes

how do the aussies do it?

aussies are naturaly enlightenment

Aechmea is a gemphile, more specifically a quartzphile or whatever Gorm is made of. The gems are forever mentally gems. Trying to equate a sexual relationship with a gem to a human with similar physical and mental attributes is fucking moronic because it is an immortal semi-sentient rock, not a human and Aechmea is fully aware of this. Both sides have demonstrated only benefit from this relationship meaning thusfar Aechmea's attraction is one that has benefited their lives and that of those around them.

Calling Aechmea a pedophile is like calling anyone who masturbates to porn a rapist because images cannot consent. Redditors are underage morons.

Correct. See pic related.

That's a different scene.

Attached: Land of the Lustrous - c050 (v07) - p140 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2587x3684, 1.95M)

put some smart thoughts into my mind bros

Do you think it's merely coincidence that your pinky finger is just the right size to fit into your nostril?

The cover says "Adamant" and "Crossdressing"

Attached: 1405552376784.jpg (300x201, 50K)

I bet Aechmea's much more fond of being in control than whatever made him go after Cairn of all gems. The one time we see him exhibit a strong emotion is when he gets mad at Cairn for doing something he wasn't supposed to.

Attached: 1425570087156.png (300x393, 106K)

Aechmea are far to cryptic. I think Aechmea is only using Cairn and moongems for some greater plan, it was way to easy for the moon gems to be welcomed and adapt to the moon...

Attached: Suffer.png (500x323, 151K)

Sensei is lying about his age to gain power over the gembutts. They also have a weaker grasp of time, because a day is no longer 24 hours. Without a single moon to regulate the rotation of the earth, a day will be a bit shorter due to losing mass to form the other moons and due to conservation of angular momentum.
The gems are all just gaslit kids still, and sensei is a loser who can barely even lie to a child, let alone an adult. BEEPBOOP I AM PRAYBOT yeah right, even phos, the retardiest of the gems, sees right through that.

It isn't tho. It hardly fits at all. I'm pretty most people do not use their little finger to pick their nose. They use another finger. The pinky is clumsy.

I fucking lol at all the seatbelt conspiracy nuts online. "Insurance companies would rather payout for your death than a surgery!" "Car makers do it to blame the victims for dying!" "My uncle survived 'Nam but died in a speedboat crash!"
I can understand the psychology behind denying scary events like school shootings or 9/11, but seatbelts? It's like making a conspiracy that handrails are secretly Big Pharma DNA dispensers. There's no reason for it.

Maybe 'they' should make an anime from conspiracy nuts, go full Eva on their arses

Attached: punishedphos.jpg (1181x741, 536K)

Man, nobody said anything about picking their nose. I was only talking about it fitting. Get out of here, you gross fuck.

Do gems even have nostrils?
Can they make the nasal tones for speech?
Can they hum\?

They got tongues? :^)

>clumsy
>not having perfect control over all fingers on all hands
pathetic

that takes away some of the magic but the gembutt one is still great

Attached: 1529293988379.png (601x353, 366K)

They have no nostrils or tongues, we know this for a fact.

Dont think to hard on that. I'm no expert but to produce speech(or sound for that matter) at it's simplest form you need air. Gems don't have anything needed for human speech(lungs & tounge) so the fact on how they speak is unexplained. God now I'm the one thinking to hard on it...

Attached: ydkUwwG.gif (500x592, 1.8M)

nice

Attached: 1555815860638.jpg (680x670, 35K)

>Gems don't have anything needed for human speech(lungs & tounge)
Neither do your computer speakers. Just some wibbly-wobbly surfaces that shake really fast.

Attached: Houseki no Kuni v01 c003 - 004.jpg (234x102, 14K)

Let's not get into the fact that speaking underwater or in the void of space wouldn't do much either.

True, but gems doesn't have wibbly-woobly surfaces that shake really fast either, so if we really want to take this in to a realistic perspective, how tf do they talk?

Attached: Moon feels.gif (665x702, 103K)

Do we know anything about a second season?

IT'S INCLUSIONS, DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT

Wait until after Beastars comes out

I think that's known as Summer, assuming you start indexing at Spring.

I don't know what that is.

Another work you must read if you want to be considered intelligent.

An awfully good manga.

That's what Orange, the studio that did Houseki, are currently working on, it's an adaptation of the manga by the same name. Out this fall I believe.

Cool, I'll check it out. Have they said if they'll do Houseki after that?

>Have they said if they'll do Houseki after that?
no

Inclusion magic makes their mouth holes vibrate?

is the motive of why Sensei can't pray for the humanity
i can't believe that Legosi is fucking dead

>It's like making a conspiracy that handrails are secretly Big Pharma DNA dispensers
They aren't?

You can speak underwater just fine, it's just that your lungs don't like it.
Also it's possible that there's some kind of atmosphere on the moon if we believe the slugs to be aerobic lifeforms.

There's an interview they did earlier this year, basically it's not scheduled nor planned but they'd like to do it, it's just that it was their biggest project to that point and they can't afford too many exclusive series since they were just "the contractors for 3DCG in other studios' series" before 2017

Attached: moon Laphos bunny ears with hands.png (751x800, 396K)

Is it worth reading the manga then? How much further along is it from where the anime ended?

based

much further along, and the unadapted parts are the best parts of the story so far

Something she wasn't supposed to which potentially endangered her safety, every time Gorm does something stupid the very first thing Aechmea voices is concern for her safety. Not to mention leaving on a mission unannounced could have been Gorm abandoning him by surprise. Humans aren't perfect and contrary to what every garbage romance wants you to believe they love for imperfect reasons as well. Aechmea getting angry that time was imperfect but ultimately harmless, especially compared to the positives of their relationship. We also saw in the latest chapter that 220 years later Gorm can get her way by begging him enough.

Also still having an active sex life with your gempussy after 220 years of your main mission being at an impasse detracts from the manipulation theory somewhat.

Has the writer said how long it's going to last for? I prefer to read stuff that's already finished.

Are you still talking about gembutts?
If so, the anime covers until chapter 31 in full, with some content from chapters 32 and 36 for the ending, so half of volume 5. Manga's currently at chapter 79, the end of volume 10.

We know nothing about that.

Attached: houseki no guide.gif (1062x461, 2.49M)

she hasn't said but we assume it will be 108 chapters for Buddhism reasons, which gives us more 29 chapters or about 2.5 years

Kay, I'll read it when it's done then.

220 years is nothing to the lunarians. They were seriously contemplating covering the moon in gemdust, something that would have taken an unimaginably long time. I don't think Aechmea gets nothing from their relationship, but there's no doubt in my mind that his plans take precedence over Cairn except in cases where Cairn would be necessary for said plans.

I'm confident that there's going to be more revelations about what passed on the moon since Ame and Karen dropped some hints on that, but if we don't I'll definitely hold that "the gems brought novelty to the moons so they put every former project on hold and just rolled with the new stuff" would be lazy writing.
Each one of Aechmea's plans made sense and had a clear goal in mind, so spending 220 years doing nothing but enjoying gempussy seems a bit out of character.

Attached: Aechmea lifting Karen.jpg (607x733, 74K)

Is the anime worth rewatching? I remember not liking it that much til the end.

Rewatching it with the manga in mind makes you appreciate a lot more
>the school as a setting that feels like a real space
>the quiet and eeriness of the island as a whole
>how spooky the lunarians are or used to be
Plus gembutts, great OST and Kumiko.

Attached: Dia at night at the school.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Aechmea's plans resulted from the conditions of eternal hellish repetitive boredom. Gempussy causing a change in conditions and thus priorities is a very reasonable possibility, except for there only being a tiny bit of gempussy to go around. Nobody ever wonders why this supposed secret satan runs a society full of unambiguously friendly and chill people.

It's not just boredom, Aechmea's right when he called it a curse. They're deathless, disembodied humans with no sense of personal responsibility, no means of giving your actions lasting consequences or relationships and interests changing over time.
Aechmea sure isn't the devil, but he *is* supposed to feel a bit shady and manipulative while being charming and capable of honesty at the same time.
Still, up to literally the last chapter his plan always took precedence over anything else, and he's personally responsible for grinding hundreds of sapient beings and the deportation of an entire people.

Attached: Aechmea TIME.png (1620x2160, 1.35M)

It literally is boredom. The reason people choose being alive over being dead is because life is good enough. They are de facto immortals that, although not getting to choose, get to live forever. The negativity or positivity of that results from whether they don't have things to make life worth living, ergo boredom.

Mark my words, Phos is going to genocide the moonies the moment everyone realizes that it's better having the moonies around.

lies, the manga went downhill pretty much right at the spot the anime ended

Attached: tumblr_inline_ps8eppBLDm1u19vu2_1280.png (700x1055, 824K)

You like them because of tits.

these water bags are elegantly designed

Attached: give them your admiration.jpg (520x705, 68K)

underrated

never post this again

I cannot