Anime and Society

Warning... May contain spoilers for The Rising of the Shield Hero.

So lately I have seen a lot of people rushing to the defense of Naofumi for all the injustices he faced since being Isekaiā€™d in episode one.

We knew he was innocent from the start, but it was only recently revealed to the rest of the world.

My problem is that in real life, no one would care and would probably do the same as Myne if given the chance. They would also deny evidence if it suited them. But maybe stuff is different in Japan.

What does Yea Forums think about anime with social commentary?

Attached: 89053549-71D2-413F-A0F3-7D10ED728943.png (1334x750, 1.14M)

What was the social commentary? If someone tries to frame you for rape you go try to enslave a bunch of lolis?

Most people are utterly evil?

They want the world to devolve into Mad Max 2.0
What they fail to realise is that woman will be put in their rightful place as nothing but onaholes

Attached: file.png (500x281, 277K)

Tl;dr I don't give a shit. I just watch anime because is fun.

Here's the difference faggot.
Naofumi is a hero, needed in the world and granted exceptonal power to fight against literal extintion.
And here's you, a nobody who if accused of rape, nobody would do shit because your existance is insignificant.
Trying to assiociate everything with fantasy is retarded, because in one you're telling a story wich will either end good or bad, usually good because that's what we like to read, but life is a series of stories and only a few exceptional people will have good endings.
Grow up and see the world kiddo. You're starting to think fantasy is reality, and that is what makes you a gigantic prancing lala homo.

Social commentary in Shield Hero is like a frozen lake. At first sight it might be deep and vast but the moment you jump in head first you will find a solid thick wall of nothing.
The whole thing is about Naofumi getting treated unjustly, being a dick, getting called out for being a dick when he wasn't a dick (which fascinates me how an author can fuck up in opposite ways at the same time), and at the end of the day getting his revenge and praised by society for not being an horrible human being.

And, to be fair, Naofumi's situation wasn't even the focal point of their trial. They were on trial for high treason, the accusation were merely evidence of said treason. Only Spear made a fuss about it because he couldn't believe Myne was lying, even though he just caught her lying one episode ago.

The catharsis fell flat. Naofumi wanting them dead was the highlight of this part of the series and they gave that role to the Queen. The worst adaptation decision of this season.

God, I hate that fucking director for making Naofumi and Raphtalia moralfaggots.

>sjwshit
>phoneposting
>crunchyroll
>reddit spacing
What a great thread.

I have been here since 2003 and reddit spacing has existed before reddit even existed

Sure thing, Tim.

Attached: 1345326426165.png (864x480, 224K)

>bitch begging not to be beheaded and then getting publicly humiliatedeven more.
gonna be honest that turned me on, senpai.

it was a hyperbole in a fantasy. Like captain marvel over does it on the male bashing.

and still looks like you spent most of your time on leddit

Yea Forums wasnt around in 2003

it started in october of 2003, so if user isn't lying he would've been among the first 100ish people here

i think he is iying

I was first here either late 2003 or early 2004, but I just can't remember that much from that long ago. It was probably just something no one cared about much back then.

Attached: 1070660956541.jpg (697x1000, 56K)

maybe you're mixing up the decades and it was 2013

That's not possible, partly because the first year had to be on or before 2006. I also still have a few files with modified dates and filenames that match with those years.

Attached: 1069019615745.jpg (290x400, 63K)

I remember that there was this user who hated how Naofumi became this cynical and distrustful of others because of what happened to him. He wanted Naofumi to become a complete doormat and let himself be backstabbed over and over. I don't know why there are people who think that's a good idea.

Naruto started airing in 2003, and you're telling me Yea Forums wasn't around then?

>in real life
>social commentary
It's a fantasy anime with fantasy scenarios and the author is not espousing any social commentary through his fantasy scenario. Things are there because things are convenient to be there and nothing more..

>What does Yea Forums think about anime with social commentary?
It was never meant as one. It can be one, but only from the view that can only be understood by the Japanese. Anime was never meant for the "outside world."

>>What does Yea Forums think about anime with social commentary?
I don't think you know what that means