What is Yea Forums's opinion on Mushishi in 2019?

I just finished it for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Put it off for a long time because I heard many people say it's incredible boring, but that wasn't true. Now that I've seen all 2 seasons + specials, I can safely say this anime has become one of my favorites.

The only thing I disliked about it are that the character design can be confusing in the first season (as a lot of characters look exactly the same), the "only a few people can see Mushi" becomes quite pointless when there are tons of people who can see them in every episode and while the second season was great too, it didn't have that "special" something the first season had.

Attached: mushi-shi.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

My opinion is 10
Close the thread

I'd give the first season a ten, same goes for the specials. The second season is a 9 for me.

The first season had so much variety and amazingly memorable episodes, like the one where Ginko had to kill these human-like seed Mushis who then burned the house down. Somehow, that genuinely sent chills down my spine (something horror anime haven't been able to do, but for some reason Mushishi could).

Season 2 also had its moments, pic related.

Attached: tomboy.png (2048x1536, 1.36M)

Season 2 was very forgettable compared to season 1. I can accurately remember at least 5 episodes from s1 over 10 years ago, while zero from s2, despite watching it more recently. Either way, a lot of the lessons stuck with me, and I can still remember the unique feeling it gave. 10/10 for sure.

Yeah, I felt like S1 had more memorable episodes than S2. Not that S2 is bad or anything. I don't think there really needs to be a need to compare the two when they are the same, really. It's just different stories.

The one that I must have seen over 10 times is with the guy chasing the rainbow mushi. Nothing really special about it but it just clicks with me and I could somehow relate to the guy. Great mundane shots combined with the melancholic music is one of Mushishi's strengths.

Attached: mushiii.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

The entire show made me want to settle down in rural Japan for some reason, I don't exactly know why, it just seemed to so relaxing (of course it wouldn't have been in the real world).

Also where the hell did Ginko get those modern clothes? It has been explained where he got his cigs from, but that guy's fashion sense was a few centuries ahead.

Very true. Somehow it had an extremely calmin g effect on me.

Concerning Ginko's attire, how comes he wears modern clothing in a feudal Japan? I mean that's definitely a shirt with a collar. The pants look out of place as well.

Attached: gpts.png (1275x709, 1.68M)

is this guy dingo's cousin or something

Attached: zoe2-dingo-egret1.jpg (440x970, 64K)

Does he talk about mushi a lot?

It was maximum comfy. Genuinely sad that it was over after two seasons, it felt like there was so much left to explore in the world. Also I wonder if he ever got together with that librarian girl.

I looked it up and the reason for his clothes is that the author originally wanted the story to be set in more modern setting. That was changed but Ginko's clothes stayed the same as a throwback to that idea. And maybe to reinforce the disconnectedness between him and other people.

Based. Thanks user.

They would have been a perfect couple to me. However, Ginko could have also probably started a family with the chick in the snow mountains (and her Mushi seeing little brother) any time. Or that one mirror girl.

Attached: based Ginko.jpg (2048x1492, 204K)

I was pretty bummed out when I found out that S2 basically covered all the remaining manga. Oh well, at least what we got is already great on it's own.

I thought it was cute when the mirror girl asked Ginko if he's single.

I don't think any of the girls would like the lifestyle of wandering hobo since he can't really settle down due to his affinity with mushi, basically being a magnet to them.

Attached: Mushi4.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

He could have gotten with the blind girl too, since she was wandering too. But if Ginko wouldn't have the Mushis-follow-me-around thing going on, I bet he would have settled for the library girl.

>library girl
I remembered what her name was again. Tanyuu.

Great in a non meme way. Legit 9/10.

She was never able to walk. I bet she would've been fine wandering around with him had she ever been able to write that last bit of nasty mushi out of her legs

Well, Ginko carried her around at times and seemed like a strong guy... with enough breaks, I don't think Ginko would have minded. She was also able to climb over all those hills in the special episode of season 2 (the 40+ minute one).

Now move on to watch Natsume to try and fill the hole Mushishi left behind.

Both season are amazing and some episodes are total kino.
The true question here is: have you seen the live movie Yea Forums ? it wasn't bad

Attached: Mushishi_poster.jpg (200x283, 39K)

It can't be filled. Mushishi and SAC are the only anime I rewatch every other year or do

I didn't like it. That fucking cat was 2 smug 4 me.

I've been browsing through a lot of doujinshis on nhentai lately and some of those beach/tropical island themed ones have such an uncanny artstyle to the Mushishi anime

I might watch it just for the single reason that it's the only Mushishi related media I haven't seen yet.

Eeeeh... it's very, very average. Watch it if you want to but it's mostly just a story recap with a live action cast that don't know their character's personality that well.

Attached: ginko live action.jpg (400x225, 34K)

Still probably my favorite show. My personal favorite episode was the one with the fire weed

Attached: mushishi24-01.jpg (856x480, 92K)

That one was great too.
I really enjoyed the outcome.