SlimeCHADS King of Isekai can't stop winning

One of the top best selling Manga
Source: oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/53075/7/
>7. Slime Isekai 2,527,807
Top of LN sales also
Source: oricon.co.jp/confidence/special/53075/11/
>1.That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 604,159

Attached: 74298321_p0.jpg (1280x1920, 1.01M)

Konosuba is better

>overlord author is FALLING DOWN FALLING DOWN FALLING DOWN
>slimebro CAN'T STOP WINNING
Feels good to be a slimeCHAD. Nice bois always win baby. Rimuru-sama is simply the best, how could other isekais POSSIBLY compete?

Can't wait for the demon summoning and full SPLAT Rimuru.

>finally going to get high quality fanart of primordial demons
Demon waifus make your laifu worth living!!

Attached: me.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Sword Dad is pretty good

B-but user. best girl died from the beginning of the series ;-;

This, but it seems she comebacks as a spirit inside the loli (pure speculation on my part).

LN readers, is it considerably different from the WN up to now?

I hope the story takes a darker turn soon. The whole nation-building shtick was kind of cute at first but he's been going at it for too long now with very few real obstacles. Most of the characters are no particularly interesting or likeable. I hope that something dreadful happens to the city and the story will shift its focus to a smaller cast with Rimuru, the Isekai kids, Milim, and a few survivors from Tempest.

>Seishun Buta Yarou in 3rd
Not terrible but I was hoping we'd get at least 2nd. Didn't think SAO would still pull those solid numbers. Movie is coming really soon, expecting a bump.

Everything will be daijoubu user.
D-daijoubuu.

I don't want everything to be daijobu. What is the purpose of the city? Is political theory or political economy a part of the story? No. Has the city been a good setting for story-telling? No. The story moves forward when Rimuru leaves or when outsiders enter the city. Are there any interesting characters or plot-lines tied to the city? No. The goblins have taken the back seat and are largely irrelevant. The only use for the city that I can think of is as a setting in a story about how wildly different people can overcome their differences and work towards a common goal but that has been a minor theme in this story. It's an Isekai adventure where the protagonist is pointlessly tied down to a single place. Oh, and I guess they made him some luxuries so that the author can have his NIPPON BANZAI! moments with onsens and sweets.

Attached: Slime_milim.png (848x1200, 540K)

Anime-only here.

Does the fact that slime-san comes from another world even come into the plot at all?

I can't really think of any times where it has.

Did you forget the part where he bonded with Shizue over them both being Japanese? Or the part where he takes care of a bunch of other-world children? It also becomes a little relevant in Veldora's notes from the manga where he mentions perusing Rimuru's memories to find out about Shogi and martial art moves from manga.

Ah I should have mentioned after the parts in the anime (if there is any?)

She's just the best.

Attached: 1543285016857.gif (640x360, 1.35M)

Not that I remember, but I'm a mangafag, and we're not that far ahead of you.

Attached: milim_slime_play.gif (540x304, 1.65M)

I don't even want to fug her and I agree. She's great littleactually big sister material. I just want to spoil the fuck out of her, put a smile on her face, and make her happy.

Glad someone else can recognize her true value.

Attached: 1531180259260.jpg (289x292, 23K)

It is fantasy simcity city so there is no purpose but to build a bigger city.

Maybe it's different in the LNs, but the majority of the anime and the manga was dedicated to the adventures of Rimuru and a few close companions. Matters pertaining to urban planning and administration were rarely mentioned.

Maybe, just maybe user, it's also trying to be a story about a...fantasy world.

You know, the thing you get taken to, in an isekai.

The genre is not implied to be explicitly all about quests and shit, isekais are more than just Overlord and shit.

If it's trying, then it's making a very poor attempt. We see almost nothing of life in the city - at least in the manga and anime. We saw it built in a few panels and see the denizens ocassionaly interacting. Other than that we get a few glimpses of some of the supporting characters doing their jobs. So again, what's the point of this? Either show more of life in the city of get rid of it.

Pretty overrated. I tried reading it, but it becomes stupidly convoluted and full of broken, over the top power ass-pulls.

> full of broken, over the top power ass-pulls
There are plenty of things to accuse the series of doing wrong, but I don't think that ass-pulls are one of them. What are some instances where you think the MC or someone else gets through with an ass-pull?

Attached: 1481648425468.png (344x506, 124K)

There is a side story manga which is about a rabbit beast-kin exploring the city and the new nation of Tempest. It has 20 chapters translated.