THERE'S MORE SOUP

THERE'S MORE SOUP

Attached: soup.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that the rise of ironic, detached, too-cool-for-school culture is what killed Yea Forums. Yea Forums created memes by the dozen during the 2000s, like in OP's picture, because people didn't have to worry about being mocked for being sincere and putting themselves out there. Legendary memes like Pedobear could never be created during the 2010s because assholes would reply to it with stuff like "lol he's a pedophile and he's a bear, so funey xD I swear officer I didn't know she was three xDDD"

Attached: idolmaster goth girl.jpg (827x1169, 578K)

This is actually exactly what I have been thinking about every time I check one or two threads in the catalog. Fun isn't allowed anymore for sure but that's true of the whole internet I think. The problem is that the internet has stopped being scary to the average person, and instead has become just an extension of real life. The internet died to me when it unironically became 'srs bns'

I thought what you said had merit until you started going on about pedobear. Come on, man. You could have picked a better example than that.

GO TO THE NEXT AISLE!

WHY ARE YOU IN THE SOUP STORE?!

there are still pockets of good here and there but in general you're right, the internet has shifted to srs bzns

Team Deathmatch?

Attached: 1557643818501[1].png (1382x733, 1.27M)

can't wait till we go back to being able to unironically enjoy things

Attached: 1436367469648.png (302x302, 86K)

Internet being widespread and flexible via mobile definitely influenced srs bzns.

it's better to only act like a retard than to be a retard outright

>there are still pockets of good here and there
The only reason I'm still around on the clearnet is trying to preserve those pockets
It's a number of things piling up like fat blocking bloodflow in and out of the heart, but that was one of the bigger ones

just stick to CGDCT threads

CGDCT is ironic weeb magnet

Now I bet all you out there in TV-land are wondering: What is HD?

Attached: Suzaku.jpg (640x448, 28K)

It doesn't help that many of us have been here for 12-14 years and are coming up on 30. Maturity's a bitch.

Ant... Anthony...Ant...Anthony...
It all makes sense now
SANJI! HE'S FLAME RETARD ANT!

Attached: Anthony.png (1268x1080, 780K)

Clone Yea Forums that updates every 6 hours with less than 100 users when

I miss the days where the two options were hiding your powerlevel or being a complete social outcast.

Reminder that you're a faggot who can't enjoy himself because he is too busy obsessing over meta.
Kill yourself.

>that boomer who still browses Yea Forums

>we
You are such a clueless faggot

If you’re under 25, you should leave and get off my lawn.

have you seen the state of this board?

Why the fuck would anyone be an ironic weeb on Yea Forums?

ITT 2014-2016 fags pretend to be oldfags

Every single day on Yea Forums ever is newfags pretending to be oldfags. Welcome to Yea Forums.

Post-ironic society fucking sucks. No wonder the japanese refrain from being too sarcastic/ironic.

Attached: post ironic society.png (1361x764, 2.2M)

Honestly I'm fine with how everything is.
Unless you post a pepe/wojak.
Memes need to die. If you keep beating a dead horse like that, you start pissing people off and making everyone irritable.
People have been posting pepe/wojak every single fucking day for well on 10 years on Yea Forums alone. Think about that.

...I'm gonna kick it.

That is a terrible idea.

I miss Code MENT.

Why have abridged series stopped being funny parodies?

CodeMENT was lolsorandum but he made it work beautifully.
Only other good abridged series is Avatar the Abridged Series by Ganxingba.

Oh my God! It was the mole people!
Mole people took Nunnally!

>responsibility is no more
This is what comes to my mind when you tell someone to fuck off back to /pol/ and they all go "lmao /pol/ boogeyman" even though they're fooling absolutely nobody.

Too bad, 'cause I'm doing it.

Attached: 1554561399549.webm (448x252, 418K)

I liked YGOTAS no bully

Oh my God, he kicked it.

Attached: There's only soup.jpg (428x443, 49K)

The stroke around the text is fucking with my eyes and it looks like the words are sliding down

newfag

Why do you guys care so much about being thought of as an oldfag?
If you lurked for a good amount of time like you should then you shouldn't have an issue posting freely for the most part.

There are already like 6 or those, but they are either slow, dead or a circlejerk between 5 users

Being thought of as an oldfag was a newfag thing in the days of old. I don't think anyone actually cares nowadays, and Yea Forums barely has memes/culture that gates people and outs newfags anymore anyway.

And yet boards like /biz/ are the most fun on Yea Forums whilst Yea Forums dies obsessing over meta not realising that that is the source of srs business culture. Just look at /jp/. There is nothing wrong with wojak/pepe and all the variations. The reason why those characters are hated is because they have broken off into the mainstream and you know I'm right.
Just shut the fuck up and enjoy yourself, that is all there is to it. I swear the only people incapable of that are insecure newfags which is probably 90% of this thread and all meta discussions in general.

Fuck /jp/.

Attached: 1449013124528.jpg (971x504, 280K)

People desperately want there to be some kind of value attached to all the time they wasted here.

>I am not going to make /vn/
Funny, all things considered that's what /vg/ is these days for the most part.
DDLC thread #1213
Katawa Shoujo thread #3649

[screaming gets louder]

>spoilers

Attached: 1395795042494.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Half of /vg/ is mobage now

How /ddlc/ is still going baffles me, but not really. /kdg/, however, has lost count and restarted twice, so that number might as well be higher

>potentially fun thread turns into meta bitching #1230
Just leave at this point if you hate it that much, you're the Yea Forums equivalent of the nisekoi otter

Oh fuck you, you actually made me think they made new stuff.

>/ksg/ lost count at some point twice
>they're probably at least in the 6,000 area

Attached: himoutofriend.png (1204x1512, 1.78M)

Yea Forums, and Yea Forums in general, was lost when elitism declined. There's no greater barrier to entry than calling people names and refusing to help them.

>Legendary memes like Pedobear
user please.

>lame 10 year old meme
>potentially fun
yeah no

Is Pedobear not legendary?

For all we know- there is a place more Yea Forums than Yea Forums is right now.

I miss the old Kanye, sticks to his goals Kanye

Attached: 1558378041578.jpg (640x640, 60K)

he's an ascii art from 2chan that morphed into a bear with pedophilic tendencies. if that's not legendary, I don't know what is.

Attached: 1530442085639.jpg (540x710, 124K)

You can just ignore the no fun squad perfectly, there are worse problems than that right now.

Attached: 1548813707678.png (1153x2712, 943K)

>people unironically believe this shit

Attached: Lily.png (180x170, 51K)

Based

>the seriousness at the end and dedication of making the image

Attached: 1552600064423.jpg (917x562, 98K)

Surely this was made in jest right?

No. They unironically think they are in the right

The worst part is they're just shitty Western VNs too.

>mistaking getting bitter for maturing

how the fuck is /ksg/ still a thing
what could there possibly be left to discuss

Attached: katawa shoujo.png (600x600, 316K)

>/pol/ Will show you the reasons the world is like it is.

Attached: lame.png (626x417, 361K)

Nunally, watch me do a somersault!

Kindly kill yourself you fucking loser. Shut up about this "meta" crap, nobody cares.
People tell you to stop posting it because it's ugly, repetitive, unfunny trash.

Reminder that this can all be blamed on Twitter.

the problem is too much moderation and their (american born chinese) lakeys

Attached: dats right.png (211x232, 37K)

>There is nothing wrong with wojak/pepe and all the variations
Go fuck yourself. Pepe and Wojak are directly linked to twits homogenizing Yea Forums as well as unfun, boring shitposting.

>mainstream
almost as if when something gets mainstream it's ran into the ground and no longer funny

>too much moderation

Do people even use twitter for anything more than following an artist's work or something?
I know a lot of Nip artists use it but its character limitations don't exactly allow it to be used for anything more.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread

Attached: idolmaster titty girl.jpg (785x1111, 562K)

Agreed. What happened to lurk moar?

HAHAHAHAH EPIC LOLOLOLOLOO OMEGALUL SXDDDD OMG POOGERS LUL ULUL XD SO FUCKING epic FOR THE WIN YASSSSSSSS

Gone because newfags are too eager to start posting in threads. Also why many boards are overrun by garbage like fr*gposting and w*jak posting

>its character limitations don't exactly allow it to be used for anything more
You would think so.

kys

Stop trying to fit in, and lurk before posting..

It isn't unfunny, you are just frustrated and see everything in a negative light. I was just like you some years ago, then I stopped giving a shit and was able to enjoy Yea Forums again. You are incapable of having fun. The internet is srs business to you. You people fail to see the irony in your complaints and that is tragic.

I have no interest in what goes on outside of Yea Forums, you do. That is your problem. That is why you are perpetually frustrated.

Twitter is where all the crypto discussion and updates and everything is now.
Honestly the character limitations is a complete non factor. You just make more posts if you need to, not that most people are writing essays on twitter or anything.

I personally on have artists and crypto stuff in my following but twitter seems to be the fastest update place for a lot of news.

Here's the thing.

None of you come here to create content. You're obviously here to bitch, complain, and breed negativity. You expect Funny to happen to you by virtue of the Funny Website.

You have to participate and, yes, try and fail to make things.

The anonymous nature of the board was for people to fling ideas out without ownership for refinement.

The boards have potential. If you are unhappy with what is going on then the problem is either You not participating or it legitimately is the boards themselves and the website is a lost cause.

Yea Forums was a splinter from Something Awful. An audience wanted to grow beyond their origins so they started fresh.

Yea Forums, the epic lolz shithole it is, is frequented by edgy teens and people in their early 20's who haven't yet realized they are wasting their time hoping things happen to them.

Make the content you want to see. Other people will follow. And if they don't? Move on. There is nothing here.

There is nothing at Yea Forums.

Go back to twitter

What is this

Too many people consume before even getting well-versed in what it's like here. I think we need to find a way to actually reinforce the notion of "lurk moar". The Chan has millions of visitors a month, most of whom hear about this place from other people who give them entirely wrong ideas of what this place is like, it's not being new that's bad, it's trying to be accepted without putting forth any bit of effort that is.

That's a popular meme girl from the idolm@ster.

Attached: 1424311867976.jpg (610x660, 75K)

what does her shirt mean?

Attached: 294.png (680x616, 110K)

I wonder what he's doing for Jewgle now

last i heard he's living it up in Nip land.

This is true.

The only actually good Abridged is Chevaliers du Zodiaque Abrégé

Attached: 1431665052916.gif (80x96, 2K)

Watched like 8 episodes of this the other day and it was even less funny than post-hiatus TFS

>Oldfag soul weighted down by gravity

Couldn't be me

Attached: IMG_1237.jpg (600x600, 31K)

>nokotta nokotta

Basé et rougepillé

>because people didn't have to worry about being mocked for being sincere and putting themselves out there
Are you having a laugh? Yea Forums always mocked people.

Plaît-il ?

Good news Yea Forums, you got some shit on your plate HURRAH!

Attached: who.jpg (610x660, 64K)

This is singlehandedly the reason why I'm glad to be French. I've unironically never seen anyone make use of the language so fucking cleverly. EOPs will never how truly funny it is, even though the watered down subbed version is still better than most abridged series.

seigen jikan ippai

What did user mean by this?

CDZA has several shortcomings. The guy's elocution is subpar, or at the very least, inferior to LK for instance. Some lines I needed to listen several times just to understand everything he was saying. Still great though.
I am vengeance! I am the night! I am... AQUARIUS

The whole point of making a general thread is that you don't have anything in particular to discuss, but want to bring together people who like x anyway.

That only really applies to Gemini due to the overly grandiose tone + filter he used, and *maybe* Capricorn from people not familiar with Spanish. He gets considerably better starting from Cancer while still giving a fuckload of fun, diverse personnalities. Characters like Abridged Shaka and Saga are some of the best these kind of vids ever produced.

>"You're just one of many Knights of the Zodiacs... what hope could you ever have against an anime villain like me?"
>"That's where you're wrong, Saga! Because, originally, this series is called... Saint Seiya!"
>"Saint Seiya?! But, then, that makes him... the hero!"
>Pegasus Fantasy starts to play

Attached: 1514065780790.jpg (640x480, 28K)

/pol/ is so totally unrelated to the death of sincerity that your "boogeyman" post actually applies to what you're saying here, but you seem like the sort of person who is wholly incapable of recognizing that.

>Oh no! Hyoga is about to use THAT!
>What's THAT?
>THAT is the most terrible attack a shonen protagonist wields...
>A monologue about hope and friendship!
>OH NO

>*friendship monologue in the background*
>Well shit, I sure am glad Hyoga is on our side.
>Yeah well, let's take this opportunity to fuck out.
>:O
>Get the fuck outta here I mean.
>Jesus you scared the crap outta me.

Attached: wtf am i laughing at haman.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

This fox is too lit for me.

Attached: angry reeeo.jpg (357x352, 39K)

Unironically fucking this. The twitter culture killed the fun of all other site's cultures. Everyone's trying to be cool, woke, relatable.

It's not a coincidence that the rise of twitter is on par with the decline of the other social media sites.

reminder that witch hunting in an anonymous chink cheese is what killed all the fun

Attached: 1555856643558.png (164x200, 32K)

CALL MY THERAPIST
TELL HIM HE'S A RICH MAN

I think what they're saying is that we didn't use to shit on people for having fun. This site is noticeably less "wacky", for lack of a better term.

Yea Forums is an ironic joke, Yea Forums is a pale shadow of its former self, and any attempt at having fun gets you a thousand cynical replies. I wouldn't be surprised if someone says "put me in the screencap" in this thread if it gets more popular.

I remember loving this when I was a kid. The jokes were so corny but still.

Correct, because Twitter condensed the idea of social media giving everyone a voice and allowing them to find attention even further, creating millions of echo chambers in which people can screech about whatever they want with no repercussions thanks to the ability to both completely shut out any and all criticism and the ease of finding an instantaneous dopamine rush via responses now being available to anyone, thus making both sincerity and trolling that much more effective.

>not Jojo's bizarre abridged by antfish

user you must always keep your limiter on

SAO Abridged is kino

Hopefully he'll recover of the shitty mess that was S4

fuck off

I am 22 and have been browsing Yea Forums since I was 9. How does this make you feel?

No u

At we least we still have spurdo

shit i'm the same age and only started coming here when i was 11

I will never get tired of spurdo

Attached: 1547567896128.jpg (1400x970, 1.15M)

o fugg BAGINA :DDDD

:DD :D :DDD

Attached: 1551823632197.png (540x270, 52K)

Not him but using stupid catchphrases makes you part of the problem, and is yet another symptom of

Being inronic beats being an actual retarded newfag.
Which there are too many of at this point to actually get anything going.

This is why going mainstream will always ruin any respective thing it touches because it removes all the niche elements that made said thing good.

Attached: 1547341692183.png (404x404, 181K)

I mean yea but whats that got to do with OP

It's the fault of influential SA users who joined twitter to be precise.

>SA users
>influential
it isnt the early 2000s anymore gramps

I'm not going to mention any names but many of the progenitors of this "post-ironic" posting culture are former goons turned twitter users.

>And yet boards like /biz/ are the most fun on Yea Forums
the most fun boards are Yea Forums, Yea Forums, /int/ et cetera and not because of frogposting, and these boards have sacrificed quality discussions for the sake of "funposting" while Yea Forums did the opposite but in the end both are harmful stances for the site.
>Yea Forums dies obsessing over meta not realising that that is the source of srs business culture
not only incorrect but also not the reason Yea Forums is dying
>There is nothing wrong with wojak/pepe and all the variations
>there is nothing wrong with stale, reddit-like humor and unfunny shitposts ad infinitum
again kill yourself.
>The reason why those characters are hated is because they have broken off into the mainstream and you know I'm right
lurk 2 years before posting something this retarded
>It isn't unfunny
>It isn't unfunny
>disliking cancerous unfunny shitposting killing the site = "internet srs business"
>failing to see what kind of newfags these forced dead memes bring to the site

Yea Forums is just has its head way too far up its own ass to enjoy anything any more

can't say i'm surprised though since this is what happens when you have a board culture that centers around elitism and a bunch of newfags that don't know what the purpose of the elitism was in the first place

hint: it didn't mean "fun no allowed"

no fun allowed even

you forgot the part about mods deleting good threads for the retardest of reasons

>Mfw there ARE clothes at the soup store

Attached: 1523700827_Kekyoin.png (959x719, 693K)

Join the new sincerity movement. Postmodernism a shit.

MAH NIGGA
youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk

HD standing for Internal Affairs is one of the funniest jokes I've heard. It plays off your expectation that he's going to say some retarded shit that also begins with HD, but then he comes out with the thing I'd be least likely to guess.

Lurking is not encouraged anymore. Tourists are not adapting and as a result have distorted view of what Yea Forums is about.

Attached: 1556983169526.png (858x1200, 653K)

Post-2011 Yea Forums in general was a mistake.

Attached: 1335078495608.jpg (600x524, 154K)

Have you considered getting out of the soup aisle?

Attached: 1254831065135.jpg (198x270, 8K)

I miss peak Yea Forums.

Attached: [gg-BakaWolf]_Seto_No_Hanayome_02_[DVD]_[7B031305].mkv_snapshot_06.14_[2016.11.16_11.37.18].jpg (720x480, 65K)

>The reason why those characters are hated is because they have broken off into the mainstream and you know I'm right.
My problem is that there's literally nothing new coming out of here as far as memes and jokes go but variation upon variation of Pepes and Wojaks, the latter far more so. Everything else is plagued by the same detached ironic tone that's all over the Internet right now, like the resurgence of "based," this stupid D/Z//Bl/Boomer shit, it's not fun anymore.

Attached: 1334381491085.jpg (525x444, 38K)

OH GRAPE

Attached: [Ayako]_Seto_no_Hanayome_-_10_(H264)_[C9128A8A].mkv_snapshot_20.10_[2016.11.20_12.04.25].jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Hahahaha
His only real pricessa is euphyyy
Kick the fake replica

not the guy you're responding to but god you're such a faggot

>can't prove me wrong
>god you're such a faggot
thanks user, i try.

spurdo and gondola are the only pure things left

It’d be funnier if the nasal guy put away the thesaurus.

Twitter pretty much killed forum sites

I wish.

The irony of this and your lack of awareness of it's existence is sobering.

Here's an interesting relevant statistic

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-04-23-at-4.09.26-PM.png (2000x1300, 83K)

they're psuedo intellectual types that think sipping tea with your pinky out and wearing a tophat is cool what can you expect

A lot of the creators and voice talent went SJW agenda. From what I remember there was what they listed as "creative differences" for some of the cast leaving. Jragoswinn voiced the black guy. ChaseFace also left, but he just did minor side roles.

▲▲

Attached: 1550896676076.jpg (198x328, 19K)

this is what killed fish every day i agree 100%

I swear, Yea Forums has more meta threads than any other board on this website. If you people hate everything so much, then why are you still here?

Attached: 1547733810892.png (554x841, 596K)

Yea Forums and Yea Forums were the original boards, so it makes sense that old fags here have more nostalgia for the early days.

Attached: 1506273008461.jpg (480x953, 323K)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S MORE SOUP

>Tfw I can no longer enjoy abridged series because they're too lolsorandum
Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again and find this shlock funny.

At least lolsorandom abridged series can get me to laugh some of the time.
TFS took DBZ Abridged and are now less a parody and more a fandub these days.

I can take pride in knowing I popularized famalam

You didn't popularize famalam you old coot!

Attached: 1_OldMen2.png (618x477, 419K)

I can appreciate the general level of VA quality TFS has brought to DBZA over the years, but it's long since stopped being a real "abriging" of DBZ. It's not quite literally just as long, but it can certainly feel like it. A lot of Abridged series have gone this way. Just like webcomics, the entire subgenre has sort of "matured" beyond its completely unhinged, wacky, and absurd origins. It's not more like a an amusing twist on the original. It's been ages since Purpleeyes has done shit, but for awhile it kind of felt like he was the only serious one keeping the spirit of complete insanity and abriding alive.

The funniest thing I remember from Yu-gi-oh Abridged, which has not aged terribly well overall at least in its early episodes, is the fake "Last Time On" segment in the Bakura miniarc where they just take the spanish dub and put absurd subtitles on top of it. It was hilarious and completely divorced from any rhyme or reason other than it was a funny bit. The overall level of actual quality in Abridged series is probably higher nowadays, but it definitely feels like there was something lost in the transitions and there's just not a lot of off the walls nonsense any more.

Attached: 1470802017249.png (1280x738, 809K)

As a newfag from 2009 I can say it's the one piece of history I ever contributed to this FBI honeypot shithole

>the fake "Last Time On" segment in the Bakura miniarc where they just take the spanish dub and put absurd subtitles on top of it.
Fucking hell I had completely forgotten about this until now.

I liked Last Time on Zorc and Pals

The UBW abridged by project mouthwash is pretty good

I come in expecting a lighthearted thread and now I'm just depressed

But why? Normies enjoy things. Yea Forums was always smug on normies, but now we are shitting on each other. And it's not simple bullshitting or flaming. Seems to me that we created that smug and it became cancer.

cringe, kill yourself

>glad to be french
There's no such thing in the world lmao

>normies
>we

Shut the fuck up.

have sex

Cringe af

>normies
Fuck off

>but now we are shitting on each other
now discord trannies are shitting on us. the problem isn't smugness existing, it's people failing to rise above it

None Piece truly is his best series

Yeah a lot of the earlier episodes of Code Ment haven't aged super well but None Piece is still pretty funny all the way through

>Performance Feminism Fashion
I know what these words mean, but they make no sense in the order they're in.

He should be crushing her predator alarm.

Attached: hello-kitty-child-protection-alarm.jpg (540x300, 55K)

test