Skipping the OP

>skipping the OP
>skipping the ED
I seriously hope you don't do this.

Attached: 1493714427151.png (500x564, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EswBzKh_WPM
youtube.com/watch?v=jsNm1LQUrXM
youtube.com/watch?v=QZyK3uYq-qQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UWY2y4D1Qks
youtube.com/watch?v=uWD4_nZsh4U
youtube.com/watch?v=_d8lv6YLuGc
youtube.com/watch?v=HlAbwYQmv0A
youtube.com/watch?v=cYKW6fVqbmA
youtu.be/Sd6PkKicUd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only if they suck.

Attached: 1551802103588.gif (250x300, 1.56M)

I usually skip endings unless I really really like the song. The visuals for endings are usually pretty boring too compared to the openings. I'll occasionally skip the opening if I'm binging something or if I just don't like it. Don't do that as often though.

I browse Yea Forums while the OP and ED play.

I usually skip the ones with stupid dance numbers and lazy cg animation.

Love is war was so bad I skipped it every time and went out of my way to make sure I had to listen to not one second of that shit

Attached: 1537016861477.gif (311x439, 2.43M)

I didnt even give the show a chance cause that opening was so fuckin shit.

Shit taste.

I skipped to sex with Chitanda.
And by that i mean rape

chika dance wasn't cg lol

The show is way better than that opening, trust me

Depends on the OP
And I always skip the ED

If it's by Ali Project I have no choice.

MINNA NO PIISU IT'S ALRIGHT

>Be retarded
>think you are smart
>skip ops/eds because "lol, it's just a waste of time"
>muh, I'm here for the story, and not for fucking pointless music videos
>intelectual.jpg
>watch Madoka
Congratulations, you have just ruined the best moment of the best anime of all time for yourself because you wanted to save some time by not watching ops/eds. Your life is practically over at this point, as you stumbled upon salvation, yet in your ignorance, you just skipped the op.

Attached: TheBestMomentInAnime.png (1354x710, 247K)

If the OP/ED is good it instantly makes the whole anime better and me happy to hear it every single time. If it's bad I skip it just like I'd walk away from my TV screen and grab some snacks if I wasn't able to skip it.
That being said, here are the best OPs this season
>youtube.com/watch?v=EswBzKh_WPM
>youtube.com/watch?v=jsNm1LQUrXM
>youtube.com/watch?v=QZyK3uYq-qQ
And the best ED
>youtube.com/watch?v=UWY2y4D1Qks

based

Attached: 1555254145389.jpg (432x444, 196K)

the opening is pretty good, but the strange engrish makes it suck

I haven't sat through a title sequence in over 5 years. I have a hotkey that automatically skips forwards 88 seconds. It's a waste of time. I hate shows like Date a Live that have 1:40 or 1:45 opening cards because then I get stuck with the last few seconds every time.

When I watch anime on my PC, I just alt+tab and do other shit in those 90 seconds while the OP plays in the background. I usually skip the ED to see the after credits stuff.

I haven't seen anime on TV in about 10 years and I don't remember what I did when the OP/ED played back then.

Only OP/ED I ever saw was Cowboy Bebop

Everything else I've skipped after listening through it once.

This is shit taste right here.

How can someone be this subhuman? Is this ironic?
When I watch anime, every time - EVERY SINGLE TIME, NO EXCEPTION - I watch the openings and the endings, AND the "next episode lookout" even if I am going to watch the next episode immediately after that.
I do this even if I am marathoning the show.
EVEN IF it means that I have to watch the same OP and ED 12 times in a row.
It is a ritual, you HAVE to watch it that way because it is the way the creators intended it to be watched.

Sure, there are trash shows where the OP is pointless, but if you watch something like Madoka or Gurren Lagann, then you just directly loose so much by skipping the OP that I don't even know what to say.
Like Madoka without the OPs and EDs is just so much less than with them. They are actually intended content. Repetition is content.

Did you get this copypasta from MAL, reddit, or ANN?

no, this is original.
You can credit it to this thread if you want to save it as a pasta.
It does not make the stated any less true or intended.
In fact, I toned it down a bit before posting it.

If I'm marathoning a show then yes, I skip it after the first time. Not that it's any of your business you retarded shitcunt.

If a show has 100+ episodes, yes asshole, I eventually end up skipping through some of them as I marathon the series.

PATHETIC!!!!!

I'm not saying your point isn't "true". It's just retarded.

I skip the OP after hearing it a few times. Usually let the ED play in the background while I do something else, if it was an emotional episode I watch it.

It's your loss.
Retarded or not, it's you who lost so much from your ignorant behavior - never to be regained.
So, I deeply pity you, and fools like you.

You can usually tell after one watch whether the OP and ED have soul or not. A bland sequence that doesn't really connect well with the anime itself is also unlikely to get changes as the season progresses or any other cool stuff.

And how many shows of over 100 episodes have you marathoned? One piece, Naruto, Bleach and Gintama?

>It is a ritual, you HAVE to watch it that way because it is the way the creators intended it to be watched.
They intended you to take week-long breaks between episodes, too.
I agree with the conclusion, but multiple parts of your argument are retarded (this happens far too often in my life)

>watching the same OP and ED 12+ times
I only do this if it's OP/EDOTS material and really catchy or good song. Fuck the shows where they make small changes to the OP/ED every episode, I hate that shit.

was it autism?

>It is a ritual, you HAVE to watch it that way because it is the way the creators intended it to be watched
nice argument

>It's your loss.
It's really not. I'm not missing out on anything.

>loose
Why is this retarded mistake so fucking common?

I used to do this

Is that why they sell them on Blu-ray?
The week-long break is optional.
But I actually agree that it is better to watch them when they aired with one episode a week.
But that is something that can't be helped at some point. Only because something can't be made perfect, does not mean that you shouldn't attempt to get it as right as possible.

You don't know what you don't know, faggot.

>But that is something that can't be helped at some point
Yeah no. You're breaking your own rules.

No, I'm not. You are just spouting nonsense because you were found out.
Watching the opening is information, consuming information in order wihtout leaving something out is a reasonable constraint.
But the surrounding context is autism level.
Like, for example, imagine you are watching anime, and then someone rings on your door.
What do then? The creators did not intend for this to happen.
At that point, you no longer have the mental state after shouting at the visitors and telling to leave you the fuck alone to watch anime.
The chain is broken.
Normally, the best compromise, in this case, is to rewatch the whole episode. And yet, even that won't bring you in the same mood as watching it for the first time.
So perhaps just rewatching the last 2 minutes is more optimal if the interruption was rather short.

The real world does not allow for autistic idealized conditions. This is a sad reality.
And in the same way, you can not just artificially wait for a whole week after each episode - because the next episode is already available. The mental force required to hold back the curiosity will corrupt the effect. As normally, you are looking forward to seeing it as soon as possible - and spending time looking if it is already up. Now, you are just forcing yourself to hold back, not the same thing.

You are just trying to wrap my mind with you insane statements - but you will have to get up a lot earlier for that!

>watching something stupid
Why would anybody do this?

Terrible taste

Why are you here then, stupid?

I only skip them when they’re mediocre, like Queen’s Blade Rebellion

Fist of the North Star
Hunter x Hunter
Pokemon
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Initial D

faggot.

>Skipping the Opening in Legend of the Galactic Heroes
hahahahahahahahahahaa

Next episode previews often have spoilers. There's nothing about a next episode preview that is something people should watch. It's just there because that's the way TV series have been made for forever. Not even every show has previews either. For me, watching previews actually hurts enjoyment of the show.

Openings and endings sometimes are used in interesting ways. Madoka's like you're saying, or Jojo's where the opening sometimes changes during certain parts of the show. Endings though are usually pretty boring. I don't know if I've ever seen an example of an ending doing anything interesting either. Jojo's endings sometimes add in new characters as they appear but that's not enough to make them worth watching.

I do know though. I watched some in the past and that's how I decided it was a waste of time.

I usually watched them but didn't like the second opening much and usually skipped it. The first and third were great though.

depends on the OP
I'd never skip ClariS, they're just too good

>I don't know if I've ever seen an example of an ending doing anything interesting either
youtube.com/watch?v=uWD4_nZsh4U
youtube.com/watch?v=_d8lv6YLuGc
And last but not least:
youtube.com/watch?v=HlAbwYQmv0A
It's sadly only the music without the video, but you literally can not understand Madoka without that song.

When I'm watching multiple eps I watch the first OP and last ED. The only exceptions are when they are putrid garbage songs then I never watch them.

>The creators did not intend for this to happen.
This might hurt a little now but the creators also didn't intend their target audience to be mentally disarmed that easily by the decision of skipping some retarded PV they couldn't bother to remove for the BD release.
Just because the information in there doesn't mean it's of any use or important or do you try to get some sense out of all white filler manga pages as well?

>listening to the dogshit 4th OP every episode
That must have been terrible.

>white filler manga pages?
Have you ever tried increasing the contrast on those "white" pages?
How do you even read manga without even knowing that?
Granted, most translators do this so that plebs like you don't miss it...

youtube.com/watch?v=cYKW6fVqbmA
It's unironically my favorite opening of them all. You have shit taste.

I said third above but was thinking of this one actually. I love it. I just wish they got one of the singers from the earlier openings to sing it so it wouldn't have so much Engrish.

there are very very few good OPs and even less good EDs
even if the OP is good i won't watch it every time either.

this!

I skip eds almost all the time. It's gotta be really, really catchy for me not to skip it usually. If you actually watch ending themes for shows without post-ending theme scenes, I question your sanity and know the value of your time must be low.

>you HAVE to watch it that way because it is the way the creators intended it to be watched.
You shouldn't marathon it either then

Not watching OPs or EDs, obviously.

This but unironically. Skipshitters are not real fans and should be lumped together with people who refer to anime as "weebshit" and people who watch dubs.

Attached: ironic_zoomer_weeb.jpg (720x728, 75K)

I mean, most of the time, yeah. Whenever I start a show, I always watch the OP/ED for the first episode. But it's pretty rare that the OP/ED are such straight bangers that I have to watch them every single time.

I only watch the op if it's any good and I always the ed.

Attached: 1554935180585.jpg (410x452, 43K)

>skipping Fist of the North Star
>not rocking out to YOU WA SHOCK every time

Know how I know you're a fag, my man?

unbelievable

I do this if I marathon an entire episode in one sitting. fite me nerd

Attached: 1537895000729.jpg (554x450, 71K)

> marathon an entire episode
What did he mean by this?

>Love is war
You mean Kaguya-Sama, right user?
You're not from Reddit, right user?

Only if I'm watching multiple episodes.

Isn't it simple? You watch the opening and the ending during the first episode. If you like them, you keep watching them, else you skip. How hard is this? Surprisingly most of the time either both are good or both are garbage, although sometimes only the OP is good. I can't think of a show where the ED was good and the OP was trash.

Attached: 1558920222084.jpg (643x943, 117K)

Somehow a japanese trying to sound like a black american isn't maximum cringe

Attached: Rin2.png (490x614, 434K)

I was literally talking about the OP song. As the line "love is war" is repeated in it I assumed that was the title.

Depends on the OP and ED, but I usually only watch them once through unless they're particularly good.

Yes I do it. Fuck you.
I like BGM but not songs.

This.

like, when you start the episode and finish it in one sitting, when you binge the entire thing

Attached: Claudia_smug.jpg (1920x1080, 512K)

Same but I don't really whether the creators necessarily wanted it to be watched that way or not, it's just that I have always done it and I find that watching the OP/EDs make up a great part of how memorable an anime is for me, I just can't imagine skipping them.

>not skipping both while bingewatching anime

youtu.be/Sd6PkKicUd0
this top ed for me

Not only that but I also 2x speed
If the plot is interesting enough then I read the manga like a normal person

Based. It was a show for plebbitors anyway

>I always the ed.
And sometimes you also the verb.

>OP has 1 frame spoiler thats impossible to see unless you slow it down and pause

Has any other show done this?

Attached: 1534101568907.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

The OP for the Dies Irae anime reveals the final protagonist/antagonist of the entire series during 1 second of the OP by showing Mercurius' Throne but it really wouldn't mean anything unless you already know what it is.