Post your backlogs

My backlog is too big Yea Forums, even though these are all shows I had enough interest in to download at some point, I haven't gotten around to watching any of these yet. I want to watch something, but every time I look at my backlog folders I freeze up.

This isn't a spoonfeeding or rec thread, this is a thread for posting your backlogs, because I think the concept of "These are shows I wanted to watch but haven't yet for some reason even though I can't ever motivate myself to start a new non-current show" is interesting enough for a thread today.

Attached: backlog.jpg (1172x922, 255K)

I watch a lot of seasonal stuff and don't write down my backlog.

I think backlogs are pretty interesting for sure, they probably say a lot about what kinds of shows someone is interested in, though my taste is pretty eclectic so it might not say much.

Most of these are untouched but a few aren't specifically Gundam I've seen a few series of (just not all the ones I downloaded) and I watched Umaru S1, and downloaded S2 but haven't touched it yet.

how do u get dark like that

You don't even have a "plan to watch" or "in progress" going on any sites like MAL or anilist? Maybe I'm just insanely autistic but the concept of not being able to "see" my backlog feels off, I tend to download and store everything, my digital hoard is huge because I only delete shows that are basically 3/10 or worse and I know I wouldn't ever watch them again even just to laugh at how bad they were.

>tfw most of my backlog consists of newer anime and barely toutched any of the old stuff
I'll never ever be able to finish it

Windows 10 had an October update including a Dark Mode, and a few other basic tweaks like reducing the space between folders in this format specifically.

The theme looks pretty great if you set it all to black, really helps the eyes after staring at it all day long.

Attached: dark mode.png (1546x1079, 339K)

Personally I tend to only add 1 or 2 new thing to the backlog a season, if something new catches my eyes I tend to watch it quickly, even if I know something great is in my backlog still waiting.

I've been sitting on Shirobako since it aired, for god knows what reason, and I know I'll love it when I watch it just from the reactions of everyone else, but every time I look at my backlog it's always "nah, maybe next time Shirobako".

oh rip im still on 7

Don't feel bad, you don't get dark mode but you don't get spyware as bad either

im gonna have to switch one way or another, just gonna enjoy these last 7 months

Yea its the worst. Instead of logically going through all the classics/recommended ones I just pick based on a temporary feeling and end up watching some irrelevant shit that aired a year ago.

backlogs I should get to
anime:
>finish Macross 7 (almost there -- show's pretty cool, but the pacing is fucking ASS)
>finish Precure a la Mode, and I've been meaning to watch basically all of precure
>finish Smile Precure
>finish Card Captor Sakura
>catch up on Shinkalion (dropped off around when WS didn't release for like two months, and then I never caught back up, bleh)
>finish Cowboy Bebop
>finish Doremi Sharp (literally zero idea why I keep putting this off)
>rewatch like all of UC Gundam (was gonna just do Victory, but it's been ages since I've seen any of early UC at this point, I'm forgetting big chunks of what happened)
>watch LoGH
>finish Symphogear GX (might just rewatch from the top, it's been ages now)
manga:
>finish Devilman Lady
>maybe reread Bleach (probably not, I keep telling myself that it gets retarded)
>finish JoJo part 7, start part 8

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. I wanted something with action/horror elements, and settled on Blassreiter, deciding to give it 1 episode to see if it had anything to offer. I actually liked that 1 episode, and over the course of the series it was mediocre and tried several odd things, and then I got to the ending and was like "yeah, this is why I've never heard anyone recommend Blassreiter I guess". I finished it in 2017 and since then have not seen it mentioned even once outside of cast listings.

Bleach does get pretty retarded. How far are you in on Cowboy Bebop? A lot of the best episodes are near the end, like 17-20 are all completely different types of episodes but are all very good at doing what they want to do.

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2019-05-27T19-43-40.450Z.png (911x1067, 80K)

People complain about current anime seasons sucking but all I do is just hoard the series that sounded interesting. I haven't even watched any of them yet.

Attached: 1558895776988.png (720x1022, 284K)

I don't like to see backlogs as an obligation, but rather as a "I might watch this if I feel like it sometime" list
thinking you'll have to get through all this anime someday is too stressful
there's stuff on my backlog that I know I'll never get too but I'm alright with that

Attached: 1551726108626.gif (500x432, 1.19M)

>People complain
What else is new.
>current anime seasons sucking
They don't. Not nearly as much as they sucked in 00s. Or literally any decade before 00s.

I don't get why anyone has a physical backlog. Like if it's in your drive just watch it. Unless your re watching something else you should be able to get through it pretty quick

Did you watch and like Shiki? The specials are both nice little side stories providing some extra context to characters that seem to "disappear" for a while in the main anime.

OP here, I'm the exact same. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see a screenshot of your folder, seeing a hoard of anime from someone else is always interesting to me, moreso than seeing someone's actual MAL list that only shows what they've actually seen.

because by the time you actually download it on your disc you no longer have the need to watch it

I don't know, OP's backlog looks like 100+ series, and I don't know what's in some of those folders but a single folder labeled "Gundam" or "Gintama" could take weeks or months to get through, depending on what's actually inside of it.

Nobody needs to watch anime. If i download something it's because i like it and want to watch it.
Maybe if you just started watching a few years ago this would be understandable. But it gets to a point were you shouldn't have a backlog that big if you don't truly enjoy watching it.

Like if it's a chore for you just stop

I meant in a "I no longer feel like watching it" sense

Hurry up and watch LoGH.

After you finish a 110-episode series, all your little 13- and 26-episode fluffs will be much easier to get through.

>Like if it's a chore for you just stop
I disagree. I discovered 2/3 of my top 10 by "choring" through hundreds of series in the past year or two, while at the same time finding new appreciation for the anime I already loved. It was worth it.

It's not that I don't enjoy watching it, it's that I don't have the time to get through it all. Each season I can watch generally 2 new shows, clear 1 or 2 things off the backlog, and then add 1 or 2 things to my backlog that I didn't have time to watch, leaving me back where I started.

If all I did was watch anime in my free time I could clear it, but even past work and my responsibilities anime isn't my only leisure time. I play (low-gameplay) games, especially vns, I watch some non-anime stuff, I post on Yea Forums, I follow a few youtube series.

It's never a chore to watch it, but whenever I go to start a new series it's always "oh but X game/movie/show episode just came out" or "I should really try to clean the house and just listen to music while I do instead".

Yes. Will watch them with re-watching series.

Attached: 14452478360700.jpg (721x536, 49K)

Of course I completely agree with this, it's also fun to power through a mediocre series to see what you might have missed. When i said to stop what i had in mind where the people that stare at their backlog but never start anything. If it's not fun for them maybe just drop all but 3 series in their backlog, and if they don't enjoy that maybe just stop watching anime?

Ah yes, i didn't think of this. My perception of free time is skewed since I retired. But you make a very good point

Sometimes it's simply hard to pick an anime to watch from your backlog. If you're watching anime long enough, at some point there will be mostly mediocre series left in it, with hidden gems few and far between.

But I suppose that one should take a break if one feels burnt out. Back in winter I could power through ~100 episodes a week for good 2-3 months. These days I can't do over 30, despite having the same free time.