Beast children chapter 1

viz.com/shonenjump/beast-children-chapter-1/chapter/18239?action=read

Thoughts on weekly shonen jump's new rugby manga?

Attached: images.jpg (473x648, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rugbyworldcupjp/status/1132964942380916737
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100061
moetron.net/post/183640865150/an-original-college-rugby-anime-titled-number
moetron.net/post/183425731365/a-tv-anime-adaptation-of-senzoku-erisawas-rugby
www104.zippyshare.com/v/Opk3YV6O/file.html
www38.zippyshare.com/v/4dwOBx5X/file.html
twitter.com/matsukenmanga?s=09
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

David died for this.

David's death was inevitable.

Fuck rugby. Where the fuck is my hockey manga?

I like the setting and the art. Some hopes for the future.

Art is okay, but who cares about rugby?

jump is really struggling to get something new these days huh?

They just want some rugby world cup moneys.

I really liked hot(actual name of the one shot) but the art while action sequences felt weak.

looks gay and generic. jump should stop this type of duo sports manga

>hockey

cringe

I was naively hoping for a Rugby manga that wouldn't be turbogay

Nuetral about the 1st chapter. Hoping good thing from Tokyo shinobi squad although the artstyle looks very generic.

I always find it weird that rugby is popular in Japan

>THE AXE

*blocks your path*

Attached: 250px-2019_Rugby_World_Cup_(logo).svg.png (250x313, 32K)

It is?

What the fuck, who cares about rugby.

It's fine. I don't watch rugby but i atleast i understand it. That new shogi series looks nice but i neither understand nor have interest in shogi.

>he spedread through the first panel

The golden kamuy author did one. It flopped.

> shogi
> Rugby
Both will get the justice of axe.

Probably yes.
I hope shinobi one will be decent.

If it mentions demons in any capacity it's fucking shit

They’re trying to get another Bleach/Naruto/One Piece level series and haven’t had much luck so far.

This sucks.
I agree. They are struggling to find new artists worth any shits.

Nigger the anime couldn't save Jimoto. A shitty sports event won't salvage a flop in WSJ.

I normally at least read the first 3 chapters of everything but this looks way too gay to even read that much. Everything about it from the name to the sport to the manlet fanged MC and who is assumedly his rival. Robo looks like a fucking chad compared to this.

I couldn't read the first samurai 8 and shogi chapters. Both shite. This one is a worse haikyu

Like others said it's a worse haikyuu, made me want go read the manga where the anime stopped.

I checked the first Haikyuu chapter and the first noncolor page is infinitely more striking and interesting than anything from Beast Children.

Attached: 0001-009.png.jpg (1065x1600, 346K)

>shogi
Fuck I forgot about that. That one looked gay too. The character design turned me off. The premise doesn't seem interesting either. There's literally already another alter ego premise. Though it's mostly I can't stand shogi and go manga because my brain is too feeble to understand the rules. I only forced myself to read the first chapter of Samurai 8 and supposedly there's a tranny or something. What is this shit? The Jump Super Alphabet Soup round?

The autistic quadruple squad.

Quadruple?

>Nigger the anime couldn't save Jimoto.
It was moved, not axed
>A shitty sports event won't salvage a flop in WSJ.
It doesn't matter what the manga is like this is how marketing works.

Tokyo Shinobi Qquad is the final member.

meant for you *Squad

I salute you when Beast Children rightfully joins the U19 club.

twitter.com/rugbyworldcupjp/status/1132964942380916737
This manga does indeed seem to be supported by the rugby wolrd cup or whatever, don't know if that's enough for it to survive though. It might get moved to another magazine, like Japan, if it doesn't do well.

You don't understand yet, this isn't the next Haikyuu!, it's the next Hinomaru Zumo

It was obvious. Two other rugby anime were announced a few months ago. They want rugby to be relevant in Japan? I don't think this is how you make it happen.
Hinomaru Zumo is good and sumo is Japan's national sport.

1 chapter and already better than Full Shit Alchemist.

I don't think they are equivalent, rugby is not a national sport from Japan like sumo. After the cup is over they won't have a reason to keep it unless it becomes popular.

OH shit I completely forgot it existed for some reason. As in it didn't even register to me that there was still another one. Yeah that one just looks like they missed the Jump Super Dark round or whatever it was called. Some more chuuni crap.

Jump only needs one spokon at a time really. And this one has a very shitty design. It's so unappealing I can't bring myself to read it.

It already looks like it will be an overly complicated mess. Many rookies make that mistake when they attempt battle shonen manga. Having good execution with a more simplistic premise works better.

It looked like more a sci-fi than fantasy. At least I saw a page with date and it was 2043 or something like that.

>evil cyborg demons

I still think it's funny that Jump editors had the audacity to claim that Samurai 8 was the first sci-fi samurai series. Especially considering one of the most well known is Jump's very own.

Hinomaru got to live not just because "muh nipponese national sport" because it was loved by most of the WSJ staff.
This uninspired trash is gonna get axed the second the world cup ends, if it even survives that long.

Is Gintama still ongoing?

June 10 is supposed to be the date where it's last chapter gets published in the gintama app. But we don't know for sure because it's the gorilla sensei ‍️

Until June 10 or something like that yes. He seems to finally be ending it for real this time.

Gorilla a hack.

But is equally irrelevant to Japan. Almost no one cares about sumo.
Sumo wrestlers are far from modern standards of beauty, training is still uses harsh, literally middle age methods. Sumo is dying.

gay

Attached: Screenshot.png (257x943, 327K)

It's a shame rugby wasn't popular during the 80's. We would have gotten some ultra manly manga with players constantly beating the shit out of each others instad of that gay crap.
Fujo killed the sports genre.

I had naive hopes this manga would offer me many bara guys.

I don't know user. Honestly despite the mishaps I still don't think this is the worst ending in Jump. Or even close really. Something about the 200 chapter mark in Jump is cursed. I feel like there's less manga that had good endings.

dump please. I don't want to click Viz.

I agree.

Samurai 8 is "serious" samurai sci-fi shounen, while Gintama is a satire/parody/gag manga thing.
Still I don't believe that S8 is first, but same time I can't remember any sci-fi samurai shounen manga.

OP is a faggot. Here's the manga plus link. If you want to download it check the archives.
mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100061

Gintama is still a samurai sci-fi you retarded nigger.

The part that matters is that Sumo is dying AND it's part of Japanese tradition. The same can't, at least to my knowledge, be said about Rugby.
Same reason why we see all these attempts at Shogi manga but none about Chess.

This mangaplus thingy is very good on mobile, but disaster on desktop.

It's a short one but Renjou Desperado comes to mind. There's probably a few others here and there. Though "serious" vs comedy shouldn't matter. They're talking about the setting and not the premise. Though collecting the seven dragon balls (keys) in space isn't anything new either. Nothing about this stands out to me. Probably why I can't force myself to read past the first chapter.

>There are people still talking about this one line of text that's literally fluff for the color page
The editor probably just put whatever he thought about first, it literally doesn't matter.

It's from Shueisha.

Shogi is kind of more relevant for modern day. You shouldn't be a big fat dude to play shogi. Also you won't be killed from training. But I'm kind of surprised lack of female protag shogi manga. They have a nice prototype IRL.

Mahjong is far more interesting than that boring inferior chess.

Never heard about this one. Will check it out. Thanks.
These hiki lines tends to be some random crap but still "first sci-fi samurai" it's rather flashy one.

That was a shit JB translation, they weren't actually claiming it was the first. Sad that people keep spreading misinformation off a line from a shitty speedscan. Although in the long run it doesn't really matter at all.

>All Out
>that upcoming original anime
>And now this
What's with the sudden interest in rugby in Japan? Yeah I know the Rugby World Cup, but still.

It's only me or Samurai 8 really in some way like Aposimz? I mean a lot of white and a lot of small details. And samurais are like frames, they even have similar "armored mode" or something like that.

What's the original line?

>That was a shit JB translation, they weren't actually claiming it was the first.
Where are raws or proper translation?

唯一無二

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (117x599, 26K)

actual line was something like it being a unique SF samurai drama, still hyping the series but not something obviously ridiculous

Attached: IMG_005.jpg (757x1106, 318K)

That was a mix of boring and homo.

Try Knights is not original.

Attached: try-knights-35006.jpg (350x499, 60K)

Thanks. It definitely has nothing to do with "first"

From a rugby fan...kinda meh. It's inoffensive and honestly the action is pretty weak. It's only the first chapter though so let's give it a grace period I guess.

It is. Japanese rugby team remains the underdog internationally. Domestically though it has a robust infrastructure and their own professional league. Star players from my country either go to Europe or Japan for retirement money because they both pay well. Every time our team goes to Japan their stadiums are absolutely packed. They may not have a stellar track record, but they do put their back into supporting it

Their team ranks 11th in the world so they have favourable odds of beating teams like USA (15th) and Italy (14th)

I said in the thread before. Two homo rugby anime were announced months ago. One original, one from a manga.

moetron.net/post/183640865150/an-original-college-rugby-anime-titled-number
moetron.net/post/183425731365/a-tv-anime-adaptation-of-senzoku-erisawas-rugby

It's all to promote the Rugby World Cup.

It is the rugby world cup, look no further. Japan has a history of playing rugby and has had some odd mangas about it.

There was a comedy one in the 80's about a rugby star who died and got reincarnated into a girl so he had to continue playing in his new body. There were two shounen ones in the 90s. One lasted two tankonbons (ie canceled), the other one was made by Hiroyuki Kikuta (the mangaka for Ganba Fly High), which managed to last 7 volumes

U19 newcomer or moved jump+
it has a lot of bait but it won't survive with just that especially from a literal who author with not much (fujo) following.

U19. Moving to other magazines is rare.

U19 club hasn't had any members in a long time. Hell I can't remember the last time it did. Feels bad that Jump is deliberately ending them at 19 chapters.

You wanted ne0; in your club so much?

Let's be real now that one didn't even deserve 10 chapters. The first chapter was so insultingly bad it was already dead.

it's getting shilled like sumo, but without the mafia backing of course, so who knows might happen

Tell me when they introduce the female love interest. until then i cnt read this garbage

yup after one piece ends the mangazine will become shonen sunday tier again

>Naruto ends
>Jump forces Kubo to continue Bleach and not give him any time off
>Ends up dropping Bleaches sales
>Have to end Bleach
>One Piece is nearly over
>Still hasn’t found anything that can match the previous big three in sales
They’re fucked.

Jump survived the drop from 6.5 million readers to 3.6 million between 1995-1998 (Thanks to DB and Slam Dunk ending), and that was back in the 90s when digital sales didn't even exist.
Not saying they will find another One Piece but i'm sure they will be fine.

I think the pilot chapter is pretty cliche and kinda like few things mixed up. Although i atleast like how the master is dead already. Idk if it will get pushed due to the rugby World cup or whether it started due to it. But I'll keep following it for a while to see how good/bad it gets. Waiting for the shinobi manga to arrive.

I know everyone already dropped it, but I recommend you to read the second chapter of Futari no Taisei. It's such a fucking trainwreck, holy shit, I don't know what the fuck is happening anymore.

Also, I won't be surprised if Taisei will be the quickest axe we have seen recently.

It is far better than fixed and rigged NFL.
For people who has high IQ. So Americans cannot understand.

Its last member was some shogi manga that was inducted over half a year ago.

Attached: 1536206029052.png (1456x1042, 1.88M)

>female love interest
This is a pure gay relationship. Back off.

THE SAMURAI 8 KILLER

Attached: TSS.jpg (1122x1626, 490K)

I love Rugby Union, I've always wanted a good manga about it, but I know it would be a flop. It is really hard for the english colonialist sports to grow up in different parts of the world (like cricket), football is an exception because even retarded anons can play it.
I bet this manga will be axed after nov 2nd, right after the final game of the world cup. Which it will be Wales vs the All Blacks.

Imagine if this shit becomes popular but jump will continue to push S8 because BUT MUH KISHI.

>implying they won't milk OP with sequels and spinoffs

Denji clone?

It's so bad what the fuck were they thinking?!

How many chapters until it gets axed?

after rugby world cup

Under 19.

I think All Out had more to do with Japan beating South Africa in 2015 than the world cup.

Glad to see i'm not the only one baffled by Taisei, it's like the author got the axe notice already.

Deepest lore.

why did they bring it into the magazine is a real mystery

I just read it and what the actual fuck, how did this garbage ever get published? The pacing is ridiculous and goes through a baffling number of events that had no build up at the speed of light. The first chapter is already a mess, but did no editor even read the second chapter to ask what the fuck the mangaka is doing?

>how did this garbage ever get published?
Incompetence. This entire round of four has been a mess.

I can already tell this is going to suck.

That was said about TPN, KnY, JJK, and CSM too

Maybe they green lighted a bunch of axe fodder so Samurai 8 is guaranteed to survive even without push and face no real competition?

Both look gay as fuck. This is like having Kpop twinks playing American football.

Wonder what angle they will give it, it's not as fast paced as Eyeshield 21 nor have it crazy antics.

I miss Robot x Laserbeam,

Did Futari no Taisei have first chapter dumped on Yea Forums? How bad was it?

Fuck off you're a Sayuki Golem Hearts fag.

It was ok, but second chapter is literally retarded

First chapter is meh. but not that bad. Second chapter, however... I'm not even sure how to describe. Just read it yourself.

Like burito? If they do the same as boruto then wsj is doom.

did early Haikyuu always look that good

yeah but the art style became streamlined garbage as it went on

Literally unreadable tier.

Latest chapters of Yui are giving me serious Hungry Marie vibes. Like Shiibashi doesn't know what the fuck he's even doing anymore, he's just pushes in random shit and hopes it somehow works.

Robo WAS a fucking chad

Attached: 019 (1).png (885x1300, 442K)

Oddly its still better than all of the new series. Jump get your shit together.

Not him but
>Strapped crazy man injures MC and the alter ego fucks off
Did a timeskip happen or something?

Attached: 1553697507217.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

Not really? This new rugby manga is just a generic spokon so far. Samurai 8 is just a generic battle shounen. It's not really bad, just mediocre.
New Yui is fucking garbage. I wanted to drop it, but it will get axed in like 10 chapters, so I will enure it until the very end.

If by generic you mean dogshit then we can agree.

What sprot would you choose to make a manga from?

I'd like a MotoGP or F1 one, where they risk their lives with impossible moves, cute mechanics and political intrigues between the teams and the federation.

Golf

You miss this chad as well ?

He was robbed.

Barely comprehensible. Read it so you can enjoy the trainwreck while it lasts, if anything's joining the U19 club this round it's that one.

game sport.

He probably wanted around 20 chapters of set-up before he starts the main plot. But it's shounen jump so he deiced to shoehorn this entire plot into two fucking chapters instead.
On the other side, The Last Saiyuki is STILL INFO DUMPING WALLS OF TEXT ABOUT THE SETTING NON-STOP FOR 10 CHAPTERS IN THE ROW. It might get axed before anything interesting even starts.

I'm not surprised, most new series from last year were basically axe fodder as well. I think only Jujutsu Kaisen, Act-age and Chainsaw Man survived? Only difference is that this batch had 4 new manga, all of which I can see failing, except for Samurai 8, maybe.

No maybe, samurai 8 will go at least to chapter 50.

I miss him every day.

Attached: 1531843012769.jpg (900x1200, 198K)

>On the other side, The Last Saiyuki is STILL INFO DUMPING WALLS OF TEXT ABOUT THE SETTING NON-STOP FOR 10 CHAPTERS IN THE ROW.
Really? I already dropped it after 3 chapters because it seemed to not be going anywhere interesting, apparently it was the right choice.

Samurai 8 will survive for a year even if it's a total flop. But it won't even be a flop with MUH KISHI initial hype.

Popular mangaka came back to Jump and their new attempts failed. Kishimoto is not immune. RxL was recent.

But they are marketing the fuck out of it, it's gonna stay for a while.

Remember when they kept bringing Obata back with a lot of hype? Only to fail?

RxL survived for a little bit more that a year, I don't see how it's a counter-example. Samurai 8 is being pushed too hard for shueisha to give up on it easily.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MUH EDGE

Attached: 18223_double-taisei-chapter-2_018.jpg (784x1145, 294K)

i can already see the axe

robo was really run of the mill spokon, but at least it was decent, especially compared to other shit junp tried after

>Really?
They're literally just sitting in their house and explaining the entire setting in a gigantic non-stop info dump. They finally went outside in the latest chapter an I was like "Holy shit, it's happening!" And you know what? Nothing fucking happened they're just info dumping on streets now.

This guy had a forgettable flop in 2013. Six years later and now we know why he is a failure.

I still don't understand what happened. Did the edgelord push him or did he fall on his own?

Tokyo Shinobi Squad has a pretty good artist

Attached: IMG_20190527_160500.jpg (1426x2048, 332K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_160534.jpg (1448x2048, 394K)

Is TSS a solo or a duo work?

Attached: IMG_20190527_160834.jpg (2048x1534, 228K)

>Here's your rival character out of nowhere
>It's an edgelord and he's a GENIUS at shogi
>MC daydreams and suddenly he won
>Edgelord literally swears to spend his life trying to beat MC and stalks him
>MC falls down the stairs and is hospitalized but apparently Edgelord didn't push him on purpose?
>This all happens in the span of about five pages
I have no fucking idea what happened either.

Duo, Kento Matsuura is the artist. Not sure who the writer is but I hope he's good.

Attached: IMG_20190527_160952.jpg (1648x2048, 278K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161028.jpg (2048x1648, 256K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161111.jpg (1284x2048, 226K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161135.jpg (2048x2048, 278K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161223.jpg (2048x1448, 610K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161244.jpg (1446x2048, 480K)

Attached: IMG_20190527_161323.jpg (1752x2048, 186K)

Okay, user, we got it.

Attached: IMG_20190527_161414.jpg (1672x1977, 470K)

Wait until next chapter where we find out strapped man is not in prison instead he cries a little and they forgive him.

ok final post

Attached: IMG_20190527_161451.jpg (1446x2048, 476K)

I even wanted to dump it, but most people would've probably just ignored the thread.

The writer will ruin it. His own Tokyo Shinobi Squad oneshot from GIGA was terribad.

Ehh, I wanted to talk about how retarded the chapter was and why did he ditch his gimmick 2 chapter in the story.

link it

If you want to read the original Tokyo Shinobi Squad oneshot, here is the download.

www104.zippyshare.com/v/Opk3YV6O/file.html

Attached: samurai x-men niggas.jpg (959x1400, 233K)

Has that manga with mute, blind, deaf loli puppet been AXED yet?
I think it had an interrsting concept but was just forgettable.

It's fucking Sanic himself!

Attached: sanic.jpg (959x1400, 224K)

Not yet. But it's 100% being axed next wave

To be fair it's hard to discuss it when most people have a hard time articulating what they thought even happened.

This is going to be ne0;lation 2.0

Attached: pew pew.jpg (959x1400, 240K)

OH NO NO NO NOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

NO WONDER THEY GOT HIM AN ARTIST

I hate it when they pair good artists with disastrous writers. I don't understand why they separated the original duo that made the GFC winning oneshot.

Jeez, Usazaki is so lucky that she got the act-age dude as a writer.

Agreed, she was lucky. If they mostly have abysmal rookie writers they should go after some veteran writers instead, the industry is filled with them. You'd think they would care more about something this important.

>why did he ditch his gimmick 2 chapter in the story.
The only thing I can imagine is that he got greenlit without knowing about Kamio and somehow the editor agreed (or even convinced him) to change it in the last second and thus that mess was born.

Original Beast Children oneshot for those who are interested.
www38.zippyshare.com/v/4dwOBx5X/file.html

I honestly liked the old art style more. It had more personality and the characters were buff and muscular.

Attached: 0402.jpg (958x1399, 594K)

And then you have Kishi pushing his random assistant. Imagine if he got for Samurai 8 instead?

F chad main character.

Attached: 0404.jpg (958x1399, 453K)

holy shit, how do you regress in art?

This art style is cool but it's also an instant axe material.

Destroying your own art style so you can pander to fujos is a mistake. What the fuck.

Attached: 0442.jpg (1882x1374, 866K)

Wow that looks a lot better.
What's with the Pikachu cheeks though?

Couldn't they make this more superpower based during serialization? Like Inazuma Eleven kind of stuff?

He could have improved his own style in his break years. Instead he threw away all the personality so he could badly imitate Haikyu. We can blame the editorial department on this one.

How the hell did he get worse? This oneshot from a few years ago is better than the first chapter.

Did it really? sad if true

Sold bad. Unfortunate but not much can help. Axing Salmon-kun was a mistake.

>If Samon-kun in current Jump he could've survived and even get an anime
It hurts, fuck.

Attached: 1553064250360.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

Samon-kun was still a sumo club member. Hinomaru is the only sumo club member who's allowed to avoid the axe.

From Gintama director.

Attached: 1410820468469.jpg (1280x960, 163K)

Numa Shun come back!

Attached: 1466563729867.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Attached: huge shock for the scum Samon.png (437x471, 192K)

does he have a pixiv/twitter?

twitter.com/matsukenmanga?s=09

Beast Children ch 1 was good.

Samurai 8 has already gotten boring and Taisei is garbage-kino.