Times when watching the dub is acceptable

Times when watching the dub is acceptable.

Just going to get the obvious one out of the way.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

It's not like you could follow whats happening on the screen otherwise

Attached: key_art_the_tatami_galaxy.jpg (900x350, 69K)

Also this.

Attached: 5bdb23c4a980f0a3afbf3f3c749e74fa1372871011_full.jpg (640x960, 272K)

The time is never, Japanese voice acting is superior to Western in every single way. Even in American/Western games I play the Japanese dub even if it's intended to be played in English

Average IQ

old bait

People can complain about the script quality being wonky at times but you can't deny that the Eva dub is fucking solid, I weep for the shit redub Netflix is gonna poop out

Attached: 462f0158-7d47-4b58-82ec-31522926f747.png (1600x1200, 1.54M)

inb4 Dragon Ball Z. Dubs that make shit up in dialogue are unacceptable.

You shouldn't be caught watching dragonball z under any circumstances.

Pretty much anything in the 90's. Everything after that I haven't followed.

The dub of the original series is the ONLY acceptable version of Pokemon
Satoshifags can go fuck themselves

Absolutely wrong.

Ghibli films, generally.

Attached: https___s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com_psh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4_images_8_8_8_0_20780888-3-eng-GB_Cro (1246x701, 90K)

>dub ass niggas

Even though I would later find out it was censored to high hell by Fox Kids, Digimon was very enjoyable dubbed

Probably one of the few modern dubs where you can tell the person in charge of casting voices actually put in effort. At least for most of the characters.

Attached: 1394249_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_0d8869a2-2716-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 1.69M)

Hard Mode: Acceptable Dubs in the Past 5 Years

Attached: 0CD0A52A-28CE-41B1-8F11-E73FB65C3C71.jpg (770x1024, 162K)

No.

Nobody cares if you watch anime dubbed now. There are more dubs coming out than 20 years ago so there must be a demand for it.

Yes.

Panty and Stocking.

>wanting more normies

>There are more dubs coming out than 20 years ago so there must be a demand for it.

Dubbing was always a cheaper process for an entertainment-based business. It was basically the reason why WB's animation division died in the mid 2000's; executives kept looking at the numbers Pokemon was bringing in for 1/10th the budget as something like Jackie Chan Adventures and went, "Why the fuck are we even making cartoons?".

With the internet, which was always a big source of hardcore anime viewers to get their content, these businesses have found a way to profit off of dubs and streams while maintaining a budget. Since they don't have real TV competition, places like CrunchyRoll are basically able to thrive.

The voice work was fantastic, I much prefer the voices change with a digivolution when appropriate.
The script was debatable. They made serious scenes jokey, even if I like the jokes. Also being censored detracts.
The soundtrack is the best collection of licensed music, even better than the Shrek soundtrack.

Attached: Ska everywhere.jpg (500x500, 147K)

>the movie
Literally the worst post you made.

Attached: 1F86F5C8-D069-4F9F-894F-DF0835E4A6DE.jpg (640x480, 44K)

I'll watch dubs whenever the fuck I want to. Suck my cock you fucking tranny ass weebs :)

It's only acceptable for nostalgia purposes. DBZ, YYH, Bebop, Outlaw Star etc

I'm all for dubs, but I'm so used to the DS voices that I couldn't stomach any dubs for ace attorney. Although I never really gave the dub a look see.

Does Edgeworth have a British voice?

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

And nostalgia are a mistake.

The Digimon dub was awful. Come the fuck on.
Anyone who takes away Brave Heart is a monster.

>Even the director of Bebop prefers the eng dub
>You only like it for the nostalgia!
Why are weeblets so insufferable?

>defending shit script changes and characters

Attached: large.jpg (550x780, 57K)

why not watch both and decide for yourself which you personally prefer?

Being completely rational is Reddit behaviour now? I see...

the opening theme in japanese for this movie didn't feel like it fit at all. it was so strange to me when I first saw it. The english song fit so perfectly, so I expected the original to as well

Read or Die OVA. The TV series isn't as good sounding, tho Yomiko is at least given a British accent

Attached: Yomiko.jpg (500x375, 38K)

Don't care if the show is shit. You posted a mediocre adaption of vidya

Attached: Asuna.jpg (1000x689, 81K)

Ghost Stories, of course, but also older Funimation dubs. I found those to be pretty high quality and enjoyable.

Attached: Fruits Basket.jpg (1920x750, 151K)

>tfw Digimon's most faithful dubs are Frontier and Tri, and both suck ass

Watching the dub for this is only acceptable because it never got full, non-shit subtitles. If Pokemon had subtitles for every season, that'd be the superior choice every time. Fuck 4Kids, fuck your nostalgia.

The Pokémon Dub is trash though. Just looked at sub XY compared to dub. They butchered the best season

Unironically like the lucky star dub

I remember Redline’s dub being really good.

>so censored it ends up creating a fucking plothole by skipping how Ash caught Tauros

Cromartie High School had a pretty funny dub

It's at least definitely better than Kaji Yuki Phoenix.

Attached: 1553388056194.png (1274x715, 812K)

does this actually have a dub?