Shinkai

>"Conveying emotions and evoking feelings on the viewer is much more important than telling a cohesive story with proper characterization and development."
What does Yea Forums think? Is he right?

Attached: Shinkai Makoto.jpg (870x580, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CWi5gjxdh4o?t=610
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes
he's still a hack though

Attached: miyazaki_smiling.jpg (620x349, 70K)

plotfags need to die

It's very subjective. He's right that it's more important to him.

Author or DMC 3/4/5 has the same philosophy when it comes to game design, and it works for me.
youtu.be/CWi5gjxdh4o?t=610

>Conveying emotions and evoking feelings on the viewer is much more important than telling a cohesive story
Agree with with but
>proper characterization and development
not with this.
Something like NNB is good because it is about evoking feelings, and doesn't have much of a plot. But the characters are still have distinct personalities, which is why it works.

Too bad that he fails at both.

Attached: mediocrity incarnate.jpg (433x650, 48K)

He says this like it's impossible to have both. If you have one and not the other you're a shit writer. How can anyone feel emotionally invested or engaged if everything is so glaringly full of plot holes or poor character development. Nothing would have any weight to it.

>Conveying emotions and evoking feelings on the viewer
The majority of his films make me laugh due to how cheesy they are. I don't think that is his intended feeling though.
>proper characterization and development
Can't say I remember a film of his that had well developed characters so I can see why he'd say it.

Based Shinkai, the savior of the anime industry. How can other "directors" even compete against his brilliance?

He should drop the pretentious bullshit, his movies are only good for wallpaper material.

/thread
Shinkai is just a hack.

when we could define art as the mean of conveying emotion then yes it becomes more important to convey emotion than to set a cohesive narration, if your purpose is art
sometimes the purpose is entertainment, not art, then the little details and filling the holes of a story becomes important, whether more or less is up to your objective

I think emotion is more important to entertainment than plotting.

>too popular for Yea Forums
guess his only way out is to commit sudoku

I agree with the premise of the second part but feelsies are for cucks.

But he's a master at both.

>"Conveying emotions and evoking feelings on the viewer is much more important than telling a cohesive story with proper characterization and development."

Dishonest film-making

Shinkai is certainly the most dishonest director active in anime right now.

Second leads to first. But that nip can't understand that simple fact

>second leads to first
It doesn't.