One Punch Man

What real purpose would shipping characters together serve that is not just pointless fanservice for the reader?

Romantic relationships tend to have thematic implications. Hypothetically if Saitama and Tatsumaki were to end up together, it could be a great thematic victory in the story. While Fubuki represents power in a societal context (status/rank/social standing), Tatsumaki represents power at its purest and most primal, the kind of power that pushes others away. ONE has consistently shown that power isn't what it's all cracked up to be, and Saitama having already displayed genuine concern and relating to Tatsumaki is a great way to break through her walls and illustrate this, especially if they subsequently formed a relationship, showing that personal relationships trumps loneliness and power, a theme carried over from Mob Psycho 100.

Attached: tatsaitama.jpg (1200x848, 244K)

Good points. I don't know about shipping but knowing ONE he plans to bring them closer together.

Shipping fags get out

Is new chapter out yet?

you mean the fight between Saitama and Flash? Yes, it's out

>is a great way to break through her walls
I never wanted to breed with anyone more than I want to with Tatsumaki.

That perfect, curvy body. Those alluring, toned legs. The child bearing hips of a literal goddess. It honestly fucking hurts knowing that I'll never mate with her, pass my genes through her, and have her birth a set of perfect offspring.

I'd do fucking ANYTHING for the chance to get Tatsumaki pregnant. A N Y T H I N G. And the fact that I can't is quite honestly too much to fucking bear. Why would Yusuke Murata create something so perfect? To fucking tantalize us? Fucking laugh in our faces?! Honestly guys, I just fucking can't anymore. Fuck.

Attached: 1558795893572.jpg (640x372, 85K)

Honestly, I prefer the narrative function of Saitama choosing neither of them, but going for a third, more traditionally pleasant girl. He already has maximum power, and he doesn't need someone in his life that also values power above all else. He needs someone who can keep him grounded. Essentially what King provides for him right now, but in waifu form.

Do not waifu the King.

>2 bitching years of buildup and this arc ends in one chapter

Attached: 1552552311309.jpg (180x180, 41K)

>expecting romance in ONE's work

But as you mentioned, King already serves the function of keeping him grounded. What would be the point of a 'waifu form' in that regard?

Attached: 0077-009.jpg (1066x1600, 330K)

I get where you're coming from but I disagree. Saitama represents an absolute rjection, or one might even say immunity to 'the rules of society' in terms of being beholden to others expectations. he doesn't do heroism for fame, or glory, or even because its the right thing to do but because he enjoys it and prefers doing it to not doing it.
saitama getting romantically involved with a girl just because he cares about her well-being feels too much like a social expectation
saitama just does what he feels like and he doesn't come across as someone who feeling like getting into a romance. even if she confessed to him that she loves him he'd probably turn her down because want that in his life.

>He already has maximum power, and he doesn't need someone in his life that also values power above all else
I don't see why not. Someone like Tatsumaki could even be a potential sparring partner considering how much he seemed to enjoy their battle, smiling at times, a bit of banter here and there between them. Even following her around for a while to understand her better. He's never done that for anyone before, not for King and not for Genos

Attached: x22.jpg (600x848, 108K)

this. I really don't understand why shipperfags latch onto OPM when there hasn't been anything to hint at romance in it.

shipperfags exist mostly for series that do not have canon ships. It's a desire to see romance, something they enjoy, in an otherwise great series. It's the strawberry on top of the cake if you will.

I thought she was just an acquaintance

quite based

Attached: 1558396992394.jpg (3000x4000, 2.24M)

???
what arc

Psychic Sisters arc is my favorite arc in the whole series

>calling it shipping in the actual work itself
I hate what's happened to the internet

Op is being a faggot as usual, nothing changed all these years.

Why the fuck does she carry a boxcutter on her?

Attached: box.png (720x364, 293K)

Because she is insecure sukeban who lacks confidence in herself and her own powers. Either that or she is a big fan of breaking bad.

Fubuki is one of those girls that makes me want to be reborn as them.

Attached: 64873468.jpg (421x810, 26K)

Attached: tats098.jpg (784x1020, 125K)

CUTE
U
T
E

Why would you want Saitama to end up with a toxic tsunbitch like Tatsumaki?

If we take Mob Psycho 100 as reference I don't think there'll be any relationship between these two.
Tatsumaki's only defense mechanism is her powers and then she tries to pass that onto her sister who already realized no one will ever reach Saitama's strength.
For me the real conclusion will be when all the S-class heroes realize Saitama's potential and then we will have either seeing him as a threat to mankind or embracing him.
For comical purposes I believe it'll be the first option.
Then they'll probably bring Blast to face him and he'll be the same as Saitama.
They'll have a final battle in which Saitama will finally have a suitable opponent and it'll revive his joy of fighting.