Never watched an anime with a female protag or an all female cast, what am I in for? How obnoxious is the yuri?

Never watched an anime with a female protag or an all female cast, what am I in for? How obnoxious is the yuri?

Attached: yuri.jpg (1268x1268, 308K)

There's no yuri in the show

There is no yuri aside from Homura's one sided obsession with Madoka

If you need to ask that, you won't get it anyways.

>what am I in for
AOTD

Attached: 1530836799159.jpg (1443x1308, 1.33M)

It's not Yuri.

If anything, Homura's feelings for Madoka are one-sided.

fpbp

Attached: 1558139520483_0.jpg (1191x1684, 167K)

>How obnoxious is the yuri
If you just watch the show it's nonexistent. If you try to engage with any aspect of the show's community, then holy shit is it ever obnoxious

They literally FUCK in the first episode Homura has some dickstrap shit

>Never watched an anime with a female protag
How?

Watch this instead, it'll be more suited to your tastes

Attached: DQOgKEtWkAA2lFB.jpg (1280x1798, 575K)

I know right isn’t like 99% of anime specifically made to appeal to a male audience by having a virtually all female cast?

> Fought for Madoka over multiple timelines for god knows how long
> Is inevitably gonna get cucked when chad dickblasts her

Is there a more cucked character in anime

Attached: heh.jpg (590x550, 53K)

>what am I in for?
an ok tragedy soiled by trying to have "twists"
if you like the show there's plenty of other (better) shoujo out there, try princess tutu, utena, cardcaptor sakura, and ojamajo doremi

probably only watched shonen shit. Naruto, Bleach, Onepiece, MyHeroAcademia, OnePunchMan etc. all have male protagonists

Just shut the fuck up and watch the show you fucking faggot

The yuri is imagined

Autists cant tell the difference between platonic and romantic love. Yes homura is obsessed with madoka, no she doesnt want to fuck her.

Dont reply to me autists

even then, he never watched Soul Eater?

the movie is yuri though

delete this

Attached: D2YYrb6VAAcYTxa.jpg (705x1000, 53K)

>soiled by trying to have "twists"
>goes on to list Utena as something good

Watch Princess Tutu instead

>Dont reply to me autists
You can't tell me what to do

>no she doesnt want to fuck her
ahahahhahahhaha

AI YO

Attached: [Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-1080p_FLAC][45D40AAC].mkv_snapshot (1920x1080, 3.8M)

None of these are better than Madoka.
And I love Princess Tutu and Ojamajo Doremi.

A fantastic story of selfishness and despair wrapped up in a digestible, aesthetic package.

Rebellion is my favorite movie of all time, I even took the time to learn some of the songs in it on the accordion. You can dissect the movie for hours.

As a fellow Rebellion analyst, do you think this part had Buddhist undertones, particular when she asks if Madoka prioritizes her "desires"? I still can't figure this out

Attached: [Meguca]_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_Part_III_-_Rebellion_[BD][h264-1080p_FLAC][45D40AAC].mkv_snapshot (1920x1080, 2.69M)

“Among the so-called neurotics of our day there are a good many who in other ages would not have been neurotic—that is, divided against themselves. If they had lived in a period... in which man was still linked by myth with the world of the ancestors. . .they would have been spared this division within themselves.”
Rather than being overcome by the inner chaos that plagues those disconnected from an effective myth, the hero faces up to this chaos and discovers his or her own solutions to the existential burdens of our time. The bold few who take on this challenge return themselves to the world of myth. For in striving to impose order on their own small corner of the world, they have chosen the mythological path that is represented as the fight with the dragon.

It's the succumbing to Jung's shadow

Alanystfags, explain why her mom let her go into a huge storm alone. Madoka is my favorite show ever but that scene bothers me still

Self-insert fags need to be gassed.

Is that a joke? The decade?

Ack. Its an okay show; Akemi carries it

Its easily the biggest contender for AOTD. Its not lacking in any category and its been a top pick for the entire decade.

Symbolism bro. By letting her go mom shows absolute faith in her and allows her to complete her journey to becoming a god. Or something like that.

It never was

All the show's problems stem from Homura's desire to rub nubs with Madoka

Have you even seen Rebellion?

It‘s the opposite of that.
Desire in this case is radical individualism. Homura in this case decided to take the responsibility for everything onto herself, to grab power with her own hands(If you have seen Legend of Galactic Heroes, compared with Reinhard trying to grad the star from heaven)
And so Homura has assumed Power and became the King of the cosmos, and here in this scene she asks Madoka if she is ok with it. If she considers it to be Legitimate, but Madoka is a child of freedom, and thinks that this is not good(Just like Yang comments that the water is not to his Taste when asked by Reinhard).
But Homura must take power, for the world does not allow such childish naïveté. She HAS to take responsibility, even if it is not nice sometimes.
That is their tragedy.

Madoka is alright, it was a nice little series. If later you want to recover from the post-Madoka depression, you should watch Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya. It's ecchi and a bit yuri but the base story is all about the power of friendship, the animation quality is great, especially the special effects and the fights.