They have cars but are still using swords? What time period is this even supposed to be?

They have cars but are still using swords? What time period is this even supposed to be?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.02_[2019.05.25_18.02.15].jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MichaelRogge/videos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Rogge
youtube.com/watch?v=qvoZjbp9R1w
youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=mHZrlwQkBRY
youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8
youtube.com/watch?v=q8w1d01Y2vY
youtube.com/watch?v=pyA_XahL7dQ&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1za2FrOimvk_0-3yh2vz1C&index=4&t=0s
youtu.be/dsUXAEzaC3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE
youtube.com/watch?v=XNxPptMqyvo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Taisho.

Remember, this was when Japan just started adopting Western stuff.
On the other hand, America was full of high rises and high tech stuff.

is that michael jackson

HEEHEE

(HEE HEE) is innocent. There is no proof he touched the humans. (OW) Do not believe the jewish Demon Slayer Propaganda. (SHAMONE)

>Taisho
It takes place between July 1912 and December 1926

It's ayuwoki

Who cares, I just want to see more of MC's sister, she's so cute.

the Taisho period user, both the narration and characters in the story have said that

Will they have a timeskip to Pearl Harbor?

Did he touch those kids?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.52_[2019.05.25_18.12.27].jpg (1280x720, 183K)

I'm pretty sure it's fairly early into the era, because Tanjiro was the first trainee that Urokodaki had after the end of the Meiji era

Annie's not so okay.

Attached: 65342462.jpg (1286x724, 91K)

>WW1 veterans didn't use swords while having cars.

The bad guy really acts like Kira.

He did nothing wrong

Attached: images (9).jpg (733x418, 17K)

It's between 1913-1916. Probably leans more to 1913 because the implication is the era had just changed. It's obvious the manga author didn't know how modern Japan was at that time however, and the anime is trying to make it more realistic.

Early on, then you get a bit of a flashback and realize he is a petty cunt with a really bad temper, and has been that for over 1000 years.

came here to post this

>They have cars but are still using swords?

Wait until you hear about the time there was a cavalry charge against tanks during WWII!

> They have cars but are still using swords
Yes? Swords didn't go out of favor until a decent while after cars were invented.

except raping little kids

based

>smooth criminal starts playing
HEEHEE
>kills an entire family of 6 and leaves the brother alone for revenge
WHO'S BAD

That didn't actually happen.

The fuck is Michael Jackson doing in Japan?
He seems as fond of children as ever.

what makes you think that

Attached: moonwalking.webm (1920x1080, 581K)

Proof?

And that's a good thing

What shitty anime is this?

Michael Jackson's Thriller

kys phoneposter

Why does he look like Michael Jackson?

He is

Oh, so another fucking shonen? I knew it was shitty, but just from the responses from the fan boys I know I won't watch it, thank you

>he doesn't Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

>all these MJ jokes

What's wrong?

You know it's gonna be overused very quickly and people are gonna run it down to hell.

Annie, are you okay?

This is now an MJ Thread

Attached: MJ.jpg (1056x594, 89K)

>shonen
While that's the target audience, the genre is more of a Thriller

But that's a good thing.

Attached: drowning-in-memes.jpg (600x526, 49K)

MJ knew who was a pedo in the industry, nice try schlomo

dude this would be a good Webm if it looped correctly

People underestimate how advanced Japan was.

youtube.com/user/MichaelRogge/videos

Search Michael Rogge videos on youtube.

He has a lot of old footage of Asia, especially Japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Rogge

>Michael Rogge (born 27 May 1929)(aka IJsbrand Rogge or Ysbrand Rogge) is a Dutch photographer, videographer and amateur filmmaker, best known for his depictions of post-WW2 life in the Far East, in particular, Hong Kong and Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvoZjbp9R1w

el ayuwoki

How could he turn this pretty young thing into a demon?

Attached: 1558802951106.webm (852x480, 1.03M)

>gonna be overused very quickly
So you're saying they don't stop til they get enough?

Attached: 756475953.png (201x456, 75K)

But even during WWII swords were the normal gear for officers.

Attached: 67ed4640eb7d51162744e9b1ab313b87--evil-empire-wwii.jpg (513x650, 73K)

el ayuwoki HEE HEE

LET'S PLAY BLANKET

Why didn't he turn MC's other younger sister into a demon as well?

Then we could have had 2 demons

So the one making them demons is Michael Jackson himself. Hah! I knew it!

Michael Jackson loved Japan.

Should have moved to Japan to be honest.

It would have been thousands of miles away from his family and American paparazzi.

My mistake.

>Charge at Krojanty
>The charge at Krojanty, battle of Krojanty,[1] the riding of Krojanty or skirmish of Krojanty[2] was a cavalry charge that occurred during the invasion of Poland in the Second World War. It took place on the evening of September 1, 1939, near the Pomeranian village of Krojanty. Polish soldiers advanced east along the former Prussian Eastern Railway to railroad crossroads 7 kilometres from the town of Chojnice (Konitz) where elements of the Polish cavalry charged and dispersed a German infantry battalion. Machine gun fire from German armoured cars that appeared from a nearby forest forced the Poles to retreat. However, the attack successfully delayed the German advance, allowing the Polish 1st Rifle battalion and Czersk Operational Group to withdraw safely.

Attached: 1528048928056.jpg (200x198, 8K)

Attached: bd8e8725b75d4277e4-1200x600.jpg (1200x600, 32K)

Why does MUZAN looks like he just got out of neverland?

Attached: bjcXCo.gif (480x270, 2.55M)

Question about war horses. How come they are so tough? Nobody seemed to worry about them breaking their legs unlike race horses?

Is it because war horse legs are somehow more muscular and stronger? I noticed most old pictures of war horses didn't even have horse shoes.

Why did we stop breeding these better, superior horses then?

I think it's a very good question for /an/.

race horses are bred for speed, but as a result their bones are far more brittle and hollow so they can be lightweight. Warhorses are not bred like that.

EOOOOOOOOOOO

I really like it

I want to become a cute demon girl too. Do I need to wear the mouth gag/bit though?

>own one horse meant to make you a lot of money
>own a thousand horses meant to run into the jaws of death at full speed

Are you aware the Taisho era ended 13 years before the WWII? In fact Rogge born 3 years after the end of the Taisho era.

>that entire scene
Jesus

That’s still hot desu

> illiterate retard cant into filenames

It's obvious the manga author didn't know how modern Japan was at that time however, and the anime is trying to make it more realistic.
How so?

>It's obvious the manga author didn't know how modern Japan was at that time however,
You say this shit just because in the first 10 chapters the series was basically set in the mountains? Tanjirou comes from the boonies for crying out loud, modern civilization really was only seen in hub cities in the early 19th century, people from the backwoods wouldn't see the advances till decades later.

I recommend you read the manga, all that modern stuff that anime watchers are confused about wasn't in the manga. The time period is the same in both the manga and the anime but the manga never addresses the time period and plays out like it took place a few eras earlier at least.

>The time period is the same in both the manga and the anime but the manga never addresses the time period and plays out like it took place a few eras earlier at least.
It took 12 chapters for modern settlements to appear, you gotta be out of your mind to think Wani didn't know which time period her series would've taken place in so little time of serialization, Tanjiro lived in the mountains, coming from a poor family of coal sellers, nearby settlements were also rural and small, early 19th century Japan would only show western influences in bigger hub merchant cities.

I'm surprised this insecure man hasn't killed his "wife" and "daughter", I wonder what he has them for. I was kind of hoping to see them again if they weren't eaten.

I mean he had no qualms of killing his foster mother and maid and maybe even the whole household.

DUDE
What if we...
know hear me out
*hits blunt*
attack the dude with the glowing purple eyes?

user are you okay?
user are you okay?

Only reason I clicked on this thread was to ask that very question

Attached: 1500936888387.gif (694x720, 347K)

You know it's a Jump adaptation when all the retards discover the existence of the fucking Taisho era.

What Michael Jackson is doing there?

The guy was piss drunk, every drunk feels themselves to be free to start a beef.

I was just about to ask that
Damn

Attached: 1470615298710.png (102x121, 39K)

thugs/drunk assholes attacking the OP villain because they don't understand how strong he is and getting annihilated is a kino trope

I've seen the character before but OP's pic is the first time that it finally occurred to me.

I chuckled.

Attached: 1558632288669.jpg (540x540, 34K)

You mean stuff like cars?

Attached: weird looking horse.png (959x1400, 970K)

I forgot, have we ever seen Muzan's wife and child again in the manga?

THRILLER~
THRILLER NIGHT

Glad the manga did not have any of that “modern” stuff

>this thread

Attached: giphy.gif (240x340, 938K)

It really doesn't. The car is actually one of the most questionable things in the manga because it's almost too modern for the time period. It's obviously an import which I would think suggests Muzan is truly one of the biggest elites in Japan (unless you are now going to tell me everyone was importing cars back then), a plotpoint that will never be addressed. Or maybe his wife is heiress to the first Japanese car company and this is their prototype.

Honestly Nezuko is 10x hotter as a demon. The piercing pink eyes and especially the long hair with gradient at the end. Her beauty was wasted with generic Japanese fashion and those ugly hair knot/bun things.

Are you serious? Did you see the archteture shown there in Asakusa? The town is completely westernized, a car doesn't look out of place there at all, you are trying to discuss history here while appearing to be ignorant of it.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=dsUXAEzaC3Q

You've been hit by
You've been hit by
A smooth criminal

Actual thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=mHZrlwQkBRY

Nobody cares if a car looks out of place, the anime intentionally portrays the world as more modern than the manga does. The manga doesn't explain why Muzan has a car, I have found no evidence cars were so commonplace at the time that him having one is trivial. Japan was only making its first cars at this point and had yet to make their first mass-produced car (which only had 22 copies). The West also wouldn't start mass producing in Japan for quite a while. This car was therefore imported but if you can find me evidence that imported cars were available to everyone at the time then I will accept it. I'm not saying Muzan isn't an elite, but if he is, it seems like an abandoned plot point.

Is that Michael Jackson?

Yes he is based on MJ

Actual thread theme
youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8

>The manga doesn't explain why Muzan has a car,
I guess you couldn't pick the obvious fact Muzan is gusing himself as someone very fucking rich? Did you even notice how he, his pretend wife and predent daughter are dressed? Fully western clothes, obviously the upper classes could trade early industry cars if they were rich enough by 1913 onward.

>I'm not saying Muzan isn't an elite, but if he is, it seems like an abandoned plot point.
Muzan is shown to have a second disguise, a child, that is also surrouded by western riches, nothing was abandoned, you just aren't paying attention.

>the anime intentionally portrays the world as more modern than the manga does.
The exact same Asakusa is shown in the manga, and power posts are shown earlier too, what the hell are you talking about?

When Tanjiro was going on about how beautiful Nezuko was I wonder if he was getting an erection. I mean you know being that isolated with just your sexy ass imouto it could cause some forbidden urges.

You are being needlessly slow-witted. What are you getting out of it? An erection?

You're going through the incest phase like every manga reader did. This isn't an incest story though, Nezuko is the cutest but her relationship with Tanjiro is pure.
He was defending her beauty like a proper big brother instead of drooling over her thighs or something.

Nice deflection, that will surely prevent them from exposing your complete lack of a point

Dude, seriously, what are you talking about?

Am I the only one who’s always imagined Tanjirou as having a female seiyuu? Even as of now, whenever I read the manga I imagine him having a much softer and more youthful voice in my head than his current one. I mean, it’s obvious why they hired a male voice actor to do the job considering his age, but I get thrown off whenever his voice goes super low. I like Hanae, but I feel like in general he’s not the best match for Tanjirou, to be honest.

it's less a matter of advancement and more the weird state Japan was in. Sure, they had the tech to make revolvers and bolt actions but they also didn't have a culture for them and a fuckton of swords laying about.

In fact, officers would carry swords into WW2 simply because they were more used to swords than handguns.

Im a mangareader dummy I know its not an incest story.

Based MJ

Inosuke = Pigsy
Zenitsu = Kappa
Nezuko = Monkey
Tanjirou = Tripitaka

Prove me wrong.

Shut the fuck up, faggot. Animated sword fights are much better than animated gun fights.

Inosuke = King of the Mountain
Ponjirou = Racoon
Chuuitsu = Squirrel
Minion 3 = Rabbit

You chucklefucks post in every Kimetsu thread in an effort to act like the manga is very consistent with what era it takes place but refuse to accept that basically the whole manga could be taking place 50+ years ago except for this one panel with a car in it that was extremely cutting edge for the time and in fact so elite that it needs to be addressed. It is not trivial. You also act like the anime is exactly faithful to the manga even though a Tanjiro who interacted with electric trams clearly wouldn't be shocked by trains. The tram is more modern than the train. I mean for fuck sake, Tanjiro sold coal, electricity would be way more foreign to him than steam power.

*Sorry, I meant charcoal but the point still stands. He would understand burning things to make energy.

>not drooling over your imouto's thighs

Attached: 15065467489943.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

How many moons left?

In the manga? 4.

I count 3

1, 2, 4, 5

Whos 5?

Dead

>still using swords
The military has guns but no one else does. Private gun ownership has never been a big thing in Japan even in modern times (you have to jump through a million hoops and can only own a shotgun, no pistols). Even the cops generally don't use guns.
Also this is a fantasy version of earth where demons exist and humans can train to do superhuman feats.

We don't know yet, either Gyokko or a new character. But it would be a massive plothole if they didn't appear. The positions are ranked and we've already seen 6, so someone has to be 5.

Was about to ask the same thing

I'm so afraid to enter Demon Slayer threads because I'm afraid of spoilers. I have SO MANY QUESTIONS, but I'm sure the anime will explain them in due time, just gotta be patient.

One more who thought this

It won't explain them for years.

I thought the swords were just a status symbol for officers though? I'm sure they fought with them if need be, but guns were primarily used.

most of your question will be answered in season 2 or three to be honest

This. Learn how to read, television has coddle you.

Wow, really? Is the manga that long? I'm not sure how good the pacing is in the anime compared to the manga, but we're getting like 24 or 26 episodes. Not sure where they'll cut it off at, and what's sad is if we get a season two it'll probably be sometime in fucking 2020 before it even airs. Might just pick up the manga, but only after the first season is over. I can live with that. I won't have the patience to wait for season two.

I mean, literally one of the biggest mysteries of this episode (the flashback) still has not been explained and probably won't be until next arc.

I never mentioned I didn't read manga, retard. I kept up with like 12 manga series currently, but when a new anime airs I like to watch the anime and THEN I pick up the manga from where the anime left off.

The anime is doing two chapters an episode. There are characters you've seen in the anime that don't get their development for over a hundred more chapters. There are characters that appear as shadowed figures in the opening that won't even be seen until the end of Season 2 at the earliest. At least if the pace doesn't significantly speed up.

the anime is adapting 2 chapters per episode except for the first one that was an adaptation of the first chapter.
right now the anime has adapted 17 chapter and the manga has 150+

Jesus...

So that means by the end of the first season we're only going to have the first 50-52 chapters animated? Damn, but hopefully will get a season two and even a season three.

the era before everyone used cosmetics was truly something else

Heck, we don't even have a confirmation about who killed Tanjirou's family and for what purpose.

Really Hope they do the full fight next ep

>WHO'S FAT

No. He kept a young girl next to him. Not a boy. Definitely not him.

>50-52 chapters
Your guess might actually come true, since chapter 53 is the beginning of a new arc.

No proof and the accuser commited suicide after ruining michael jacksons career

In that context, the manga's pace is actually perfect because there's nice season ending points for Season 1 with Chapter 53 and Season 2 with Chapter 99 but I think people will have gotten impatient with the anime at that speed. Kimetsu doesn't really need to be an anime with 100 episodes.

Eh, if you don't think it needs 100 episodes then that means they'd have to cut a lot of corners or speed up the story in the anime. I don't see how they'll cram 150 chapters into just one or two seasons. Technically the manga is still ongoing so we don't even have an ending, unless they just end it on a cliffhanger or some shit.

Alright someone just fucking tell me if they will explain what the colors of the swords represent in season one? Or is that later down the road? Don't spoil it for me, like, just tell me if will at least get some more explanation about that shit before the end of season one.

Depends on how many chapters it took in the manga. If it took four chapters than it'll take two episodes to show the whole fight, I guess.

At the current pace not in season 1, but it should be briefly mentioned pretty early in season 2.

I am thinking of making an article about Muzan disguised as Michael Jackson lookalike which is portrayed as a villain on Japanese media for some SJW liberal media. Wish me luck Yea Forums and hope it gets a pass.

Goddamn it, well, it's whatever. I'm planning to pick up the manga at the end of season one.

What?

I mean honestly you'll probably know after the next arc. We get an explanation later but you'll probably figure it out by then

Do they really? I must have misses it

Ah, well if it's that obvious then I'm not too worried about it.

I'll be real, the manga can be a bit too fast paced at times. The way the adaption is approaching atmosphere is very well done. I'm stoked for future arcs because the atmosphere will be exemplified

All I see is virgin walk need panel with car

For me some of the later fight scenes are a bit overlong

Not directly, but there's this page.

Attached: Mizoguchi.png (959x1400, 820K)

hahahaha

Wow, it was so obvious. It's not even a spoiler for me because I fucking theorized this INSTANTLY that they were associated with elements so I'm actually happy I was right about that, though that doesn't explain what a black blade represents. Maybe it's because Tanjiro doesn't know what he wants to focus on so the sword is undecided right now? I don't know lol

>Fog
Does really mean fog or it’s Mist mistranslated? Sound is a variation of Lightning, Insect is a variation of Flower who is a variation of Water, Snek is also a variation of water.

And Sun Breath is the original and most powerful of them.

>Does really mean fog or it’s Mist
probably mist.

I think Love and Beast are a variation of Rock

It's Mist, I went and checked

holy shit he was based as fuck

beast was made by Inosuke with no prior knoledge of swordsmanship, Its not derivative of any breath

It kinda of has to be

Collecting shota doujins

Attached: 20180818_230506.png (208x222, 58K)

It was made by him but is definitely is a variation of one of the five mains even if he wasn’t aware of this.

Why? The metal is what kills demons, not the breath. It's possible he picked up things from everyone else to get stronger but we already know that because Tanjiro taught him and Zenitsu everything he learned. Technically his Breath isn't derivative though.

This how I imagine the air looks when girls poop.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.31_[2019.05.25_21.37.44].jpg (1920x1080, 721K)

Fixed.

Attached: 1558823055281fix.webm (1920x1080, 79K)

Is this legit?

Yes what the fuck, this has to be an edit.

Goddamn, I want to marry Nezuko's legs so badly.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.41_[2019.05.25_21.53.42].jpg (1920x1080, 939K)

Fuck off Zenitsu.

Why do they have to make them so hot?

I want to marry you so badly.

A war horse is not a plough horse, a plough horse is not a race horse, and a race horse is not a war horse. They're all bred for specific tasks across hundreds of generations.

are you a mind reader

Muzan either body hops or shape shifts. This was probably some other dude who already had a wife and kid. The mechanics of how he does it aren't explained yet, but the best theories I've seen are that either he can take over the bodies of demons he's converted or else he can take over the bodies of people directly in his hereditary bloodline.

Might be something like Kira from JOJO. Wani sensei loves jojo so she might got some inspiration from it.

Aside from the whole bit about black blades not getting very far, they most likely represent charcoal/embers. Most likely they are people with potential for breath of the sun which is basically a dead/lost style now. Later on when he begins using breath of the sun and mixing it with his sisters fire it briefly turns red.

i dont understand shit in this anime, only MJ can make new demons,wasnt any demons mixing their blood with humans? is doctor demon the one the organization sent him to kill? doctor demon will betray him?she was lying about the cure right?

that was brutal for a kids anime, im surprised it wasnt censored

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08v2 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_08.52_[2019.05.26_01.55.2 (1280x720, 321K)

This was unironically his most iconic look before everything went to shit

Anime onlies were a mistake.

I was reading the Viz translation and for some reason the difference in this joke immediately stood out to me. Which one is the correct one?

Attached: 132673849.png (877x986, 753K)

>Looks inspired by famous artist (Bowie, Michael Jackson)
>Wants to live a quiet life while still being a serial killer
>May have stolen someone's identity

Yeah I don't know

The convulsions made me uncomfortable.
The tone of this anime is all over the place

I can't wait until they introduce based pigboy and sleepy virgin

Their interactions genuinely make me laugh or smile at the least and lend to some great comedy bits, I feel like I've laughed more in the first 50 chapters of Kimetsu no Yaiba than I have in the entirety of Fullmetal Alchemist

Only Muzan's blood can create new demons outside of a single exception over the past thousand years. Certain demons can gather up some of Muzan's blood thats inside them (most likely only upper moons who are pumped full of a lot of his blood) and share it with others to turn them into demons. But they are adverse to doing so because giving away some of his blood inside them leaves them permanently weaker unless Muzan's feeling generous and gives them more.

Otherwise the average demon cannot create more demons.

That was their dad's. The two smucks that are accusing Mike are broke and looking for quick cash from Mike's estate. Safechuck isn't credible and Robson has claimed Mike's innocence up until 2013 when work dried up. So two white boy accusing a black man in molesting as children after the man has been dead for 10 years yet let known white pedos off the hook. Fuck you nigga.

I guess you referred to what shoichi think about Zenitsu. I checked with Thai official translation it more like mess up in the head than dump something like a bit crazy or insane but also a bit dump.

Muzan can clearly manipulate his body at will, he obviously shapeshifts. I also think that this is his original form, because when he abandons his foster parents he turns into this one. I guess he used mundane means to become a businessman and husband of a rich lady.

>because when he abandons his foster parents he turns into this one
He turns into this one after the kid.

Attached: Muzan.png (959x1400, 1.23M)

Does Nezuko actually need to be gagged or is it just a fetish thing?

yes

Is it not the same just with different hair? I never did go back to check, now that you mention it.

MJ
>It don't matter if you're black or white
Confirmed for not being MJ.

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>reddit demon

Attached: 1553863363585.jpg (1920x1080, 733K)

Yea Forums btfo again

>reddit is a demon
No shit

Is that the Hee Hee

Are you retarded?

SUBARASHII

TLanon when

>Flower who is a variation of Water
Someone in another thread said Flower came from Wind?

More speed = more force on the ground = stronger bones required.

Wani said herself that Flower is variation of Water, is Mist that comes from Wind.

Wani really likes or hates MJ.

He even has a female form, just for you guys to know.

Attached: Screenshot_20190526-195259_1.jpg (1078x1107, 201K)

Interesting. I guess either would make sense. Where did she say that?

Attached: 1551258368388.png (550x720, 442K)

Haven't read the manga yet, but I think his voice is soft enough.

A-B-C
Easy as
1-2-3

Attached: x5.png (959x1400, 975K)

I don't like that they left out Muzan changing his eyes to be pupil-less when interacting with the family.

They didn't

>manga never addresses the time period

Attached: 20190526_083751.png (466x337, 193K)

As he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo

Vol. 11 extras or just 97.5

Attached: F8.png (764x1200, 242K)

Ahh, it's you again slandering their suffering

>potential main antagonist is michael jackson
why

They needed them for commuting sudoku.

Attached: sword.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

She didnt explain Love

I think both Kanronji and Inosuke invent their own technique so it's difficult to categorize. Though I guess Shinobu also invent her own breath, it probably influence by her sister's breath. So it's easier to place.

>tfw animeonlies say that the anime is going too fast

Attached: c0c.jpg (634x650, 45K)

The Breath of Water and Tanjiro's smell/seeing lines confuses me. All the different Breaths shown are just sword techniques right? Like in Kenshin. Are the lines that Tanjiro sees because of his smell (which is basically a psychic power as far as I see)?

He doesn't really see lines, it's a metaphor

>All the different Breaths shown are just sword techniques right? Like in Kenshin.
yes

>Are the lines that Tanjiro sees because of his smell (which is basically a psychic power as far as I see)?
yes but the lines gets dropped soon anyways

I tought the same

>This entire thread

Attached: mj_lean.jpg (653x367, 45K)

This story cant decide if its sci fi or magic

Does Muzan change his own shape like doppelganger or does he posses bodies of real humans?

I think its posession. He's been shown to have strong connection and awareness of the actions of anyone who has his blood. I think he just uses demons as host bodies.

Shapechange

I’m pretty sure Inosuke Breath is a variation of Rock even if he don’t know, Love is either Rock or Flames.

are you ok, OP?

it was basically an American tradition to collect katana from soldiers they killed

>turn 360° and leave

>looks like MJ
>looks like Jack White
Is Muzan secretly a successful musician?

Attached: Jack-White-2012-2---c.-of-Sony-Music.jpg (460x345, 38K)

holy shit is this really MJ?
what the actual fuck is going on with his face

too many face surgeries and botox

Black is the color of breath of the sun users, the first and most powerfull breath.

War Horses were huge, like Clydesdale huge. They were bred to be tough, strong, and resilient. They were also mean as they were trained to bite, stomp, kick, and charge at people.

War horses were no longer needed in war. So they no longer were bred. Horses are work animals, they’re bred to do a certain job.

It has never been stated in the manga that sun breath users have black blades. The color of your blade simply aligns with your natural affinity. You could argue that it's been implied but nothing concrete actually backs that up.

It was said the og sunbro's blade turned red during hantengu's fight iirc, not that it was red, it turned red. It being black would make sense, even if it's not canon yet.

> all that modern stuff that anime watchers are confused about wasn't in the manga
>the manga never addresses the time period
At least read the manga before posting these.

Edit Muzan here

no, that is AYUWOKI

>Sunbro has the same hair and eye color as Tanjiro

And people say that the later isn't a descendant of his, even if they're not blood connected.

This. Every war horse in Japan was like Gyobu Oniwa’s horse.

It's a shame we couldn't get a demon with his demon horse.
>ONIWA GYOBU MASATAKA NARI

nice

Kill yourself, spic.

That's fair. It makes sense it's just not confirmed yet.

The only other swordsman shown with an obsidian black blade was sunbro, who had the unique trait of turning it to red in combat.

Fuck off, sub-human trash.

>You know it's gonna be overused very quickly and people are gonna run it down to hell.

Damn you were right

>manga author didn't know

It's you who doesn't know the history of adoption of tech because most entertainment media you see was focused on cities. Even in the USA in 1930s rural areas did not have electricity, and the replacement of draft animals with machinery was still going on.

fucking Naraku

?

>It being black would make sense, even if it's not canon yet.
It is canon, Sumiyoshi's wife said that it's "obsidian black".

He's the really petty non-incel version of Naraku.

Aha. I might have been a bit of a speedreader then.

Attached: 1539572100523.jpg (497x393, 136K)

Damn the anime sure is aesthetic as fuck, really took the manga art to the next level

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p] (00_19_43.558) 0005.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

Tamayo's blood scene was legit beautiful with the music added.

>how advanced Japan was

Then you link to guy with documentaries of late 1940s and onward Japan. You're hilarious. This story is set 30 years earlier.

It’s awesome and doesn’t happen very often with manga adaptations

It a fucking spic facebook meme. You are evidencing yourselves as retarded normalfags. I don't fucking care where you saw it, don't post that trash here or, God forbid, I'm going to scream.

Chill your autism or learn to ignore things you don’t like.

Nezuko is displeased

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p] (00_16_15.225) 0006.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

All the adults in this world looks like teenagers, it's fucking confusing.

How about you shut your whore mouth and fuck off to a normalfag friendy board, like Yea Forums or Yea Forums?
>autism
Read a book, nigger.

It's a shonen

brb buying his entire discography

Damn, you sure fit in don’t ya

they look so short, then i remember this is japan and this is what they actually look like

>he dares to pick on oniichan!

Epic. You sure showed me.

autistic incel

its Yea Forums dude and you are in a shonen thread, no reason to act tough here

Don't forget the kick

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_07.25.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Ah, what a cute little kid. I just want to grab you up and take you to neverland

Attached: shamona.jpg (428x563, 36K)

not that user
go back from wherever you came from

How about you get a job

but I have one? stop projecting and fuck off back to facebook

So much plot seems totally ignored at this point.

ayuwoki

Why can't Demon Slayers just make bullets out of the metal?

Attached: Frodo.jpg (225x224, 7K)

how many episodes until pigboy shows up

It's not as effective. There's a slayer that does it though

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=q8w1d01Y2vY

Okay, D-mite.

But they literally do

Hey, is this Moonwalker?!

They literally said what period in the show numbnuts. Also I'm not sure that a demon killing gun would be incredibly effective due to the scarcity of resources needed to make demon killing weapons

Attached: Nezu-cutie1.png (331x251, 169K)

I've seen and heard more about MJ since anime Muzan Jackson appeared than in all my life and i'm no even trying

Attached: 1537237379933.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Try to remove someone's head cleanly with a bullet and then say if it's easier than with a sword.

So I thought Nezuko was conditioned by Urokodaki to treat all oni as enemies. Can she just tell that these 2 aren't bad or what?

Seems weird to me as well, but I'm blaming it on plot armor.

Maybe because they don't eat people they don't register as demons to her, like how they didn't smell like demons to Tanjirou

nezuko is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

Tanjirou is her moral compass regarding what to attack. Also killing intent is a real thing in this manga.

Is the anime going to be 2 cour?
Also, thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=pyA_XahL7dQ&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1za2FrOimvk_0-3yh2vz1C&index=4&t=0s

yes 26 episodes confirmed

Real thread theme
youtu.be/dsUXAEzaC3Q

She was growling at Yushiro when she first met him, like she was ready to attack, but Tanjirou stopped her

>not smooth criminal

Looks like someone else picked up the 4koma.

Attached: N1.png (822x1200, 1.09M)

To put things in perspective: the first domestic petrol driven car manufactured in Japan, the Takuri, was rolled out around 1907.

But the cars in the manga and anime are different, the manga cars lack full doors with inset windows you see in the anime and is most likely a Ford model T dating the manga to around 1916~ when converted Model Ts were being used as smol buses in tokyo, whereas in the Anime you're looking at a Kaishinsha Motorcar Works Model 41 or DAT which was on the market around 1915.

So yeah, this story takes place during ww1, which does make the guns later on in the series more reasonable. Taisho 3-6

Attached: emergence of a smol evil.png (391x441, 226K)

Wasn't there a huge influx of guns in Japan in the last few years of Meiji?

Sorry, I meant split cour. We all know what happened the last time UfoTable tried to do two cours in a row with a break, after all.

Thanks for bringing some info to the thread. I'm surprised the topic got discussed as much as it was in this thread. Seems Sakura Taisen already faded from the public fandom conscience, which immediately sprung to my mind, when I tried to place the setting. Also, why is it such a big deal that they use swords? We've got contemporary settings for manga with characters swinging swords at each other, yet here it becomes an issue for some? For those still agitated about that, the manga later mentions that they usually carry theirs swords concealed in public, since it's not a common sight anymore and raises unwanted questions, as the demon slayers are not an organization recognized by the government.

do they have guns yet?

>Sakura Taisen
There's a new game coming out soon for it, actually. And Kubo's the character designer.

Attached: 020.png (959x1400, 1.92M)

Yes

Attached: 1543530291507.jpg (764x1200, 715K)

I'm sad he's so shit his sword is literally colourless.

Heard about the new game, but the spoilered info is new. Didn't expect that. Really didn't expect that, but somehow cool. Would have though they'd dig out Fujishima again to do it, but pretty cool with Kubo. If there's one thing he excels at, it's coming up with character designs.

>it's coming up with character designs.
More like recycling them.

WW1 prussian soldiers had swords and iron plate armour.

This. user you have good taste

He doesnt use a breathing technique either for some bs reason. There shouldnt be any reason for why he cant use breathing techniques, as long as he is breathing correctly he should be able to use it but i guess using breathing + demon powers would make him to OP.

So again, why not use machine guns with bullets made from the nichirin ore?

Maybe whatever his body has that allows him to turn into a demon rejects breathings.

A demon hunter uses a shotgun later in the manga and it seemed fairly effective at wounding an upper moon.

It's said in the series that some people simply do not have the talent necessary to use breath techniques, like Rengoku's little brother. They would usually be hopeless as swordsmen, but Genya powers through with his special ability

Nichirin ore is not easy to come by, wasting it on that many bullets would be very foolish

>wounding
Allowing himself to be hit you mean, ripping of a whole head with a gun is hard.

Beause Demons are to fast. And even if you hit them, bullets are for effectivity not quantity of damage, but the demons can easily regen bulletholes, they need their heads cut of in order to die.

But that makes no sense, we arent talking about hamon and vampires, the breathing doesnt do anything special on the demons, it just enhances the users power/speed/etc, the blades are the sole special thing against the demons.
> It's said in the series that some people simply do not have the talent necessary to use breath techniques, like Rengoku's little brother
But he should have to be at least capable of using it to some extend, and given he can become superhuman and get regeneration powers he would certainly force his way through the lack of skill in the breathing department, he doesnt have to think about healing his body afterall, he could use techniques that would crush any other humans lungs constantly.

>at least capable of using it to some extend
Most human beings aren't able to use breaths in the first place, you need a ton of training and some talent to pull it off.

>hasn't actually read the manga

I do think it's possible that he may one day get a fight where he destroys his body to force breathing that he's not suited for, but it'll be okay because he'll be in demon mode

imagine being this much of a speed reader

To add on to this, he doesn't use breaths but he does use 'repetetive motions' to perform superhuman feats. He's weaker than a normal breath user but stronger than a regular human.

Attached: speedreaders.png (1640x1089, 1.62M)

Yeah, is MJ

I was surprised she didnt try to defend him. Hell, she didnt even react other than mad dog stare the other dude

No real killing intent, Nezuko could have blown off his head, but that was banter.

You need training, the talent just determines how well you use it and how fast you learn it, and that would be easily for someone who can become superhuman.

> full focus
Isnt this like the thing you have to learn in order to actually be at any level just below the pillar? That means that Genya basically has a technique making him able to do the same kind of stuff that tanjiro and co did before learning 24/7 breathing.
Now if only he could learn breathing, than combine them, and learn to use demon blood arts as well.
He would be quite strong.

Looks like they stopped with the color manga

Yeah he looked good there

Machine guns were incredibly expensive and heavy in that era.

Viz never did the color manga

I kind of wished MC's other sister survived so then MC could be like Kirito and dual blade wield 2 sister demons

I love that I have the exact same onions sauce the kid is using home.

Attached: beautiful.png (260x298, 103K)

Ha, I forgot you can't say the s word on 4channel.

Attached: 1558288102582.png (502x492, 342K)

>that
Will Genya actually have a breath technique later after he makes up with his brother?

Wow, it's not even samurai shit. Why do they live like poor motherfuckers?

....do you know when cars were invented user

Why did Rengoku die so soon?
I think they did a good job at expositing his backstory and getting me to like him and stuff, but it just feels weird as shit when later arcs have Tanjiro reminscing on the guy like he knew him for a long period of time, but they met and then split up over the course of one train ride

They literally say next episode "she treats you like humans cause you're not dicks who eat people" as he mentions how weird it was his teacher fucked with her head (to help her do what she wants to do in the first place).

Sop they do address it? thats all I wanted to know really.
Thanks

Not in this case. The other styles are intentional derivatives cascading over time. Boar god is just a fucking boss.

micheal jackson chooses his next victim.

before 1900?
swords were used after that.
hell, there were cavalry divisions in WW1.

Japan had been using guns commonly since the 1500s.

Didn't the Portuguese and Dutch send weapons like guns and cannons to the Japanese and other European shit?

Also, there are historical pictures of samurai touring Europe and also places like Egypt.

Wheres the tl thread?

i still miss her bros

Attached: lastwords.png (901x699, 486K)

You're doing it wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

Pretty sure they were German at that time.

And they all got mulched by machineguns.

Color pages were all a lie?

How about now?

I just want to know why everybody in the city is cool with him leading around his cute little sister while she's wearing a gag in her mouth, but when I do it I'm 'disturbing the peace' and 'engaging in incest fetish play in public' and 'not welcome at Olive Garden anymore'

They are put out by digital Jump in Japanese, but Viz doesn't do anything with them. TS user here eventually gets them done, though

>How come we still use knives instead of shooting our streaks?
This is how stupid you sound OP.

I wish Tanjirou was my brother

So they didn't stop coloring them?

No

Guns don't kill demons. Special swords do

Here, let me show you how it's done!

youtube.com/watch?v=XNxPptMqyvo

Semen demon

Where do I get a Nezuko imouto?

Attached: 1531453921765.webm (472x342, 600K)

I imagined Yushiro with a much deeper voice

>What time period is this even supposed to be?
Taisho, they specified it like 10 times

Holy cute

Attached: 1527902087428.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

>t. burgerstanislavisraeli 56% muttlord

Attached: 1513777478504.png (710x505, 299K)

A lot of cute Nezukos this episode

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.25_[2019.05.26_23.18.17].jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Attached: _20190527_041146.jpg (746x293, 33K)

take your pills schizo

There are too many pillars

How

Glancing at the thumbnail I honestly thought that was Michael Jackson.

Good I'm not the only one.

Five elements, nine pillars
Too much

it was probed that he was innocent.

a e s t h e t i c

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p] (00_05_29.079) 0003.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

Mommy

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p] (00_04_32.147) 0004.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

The face of a boy's first crush.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kimetsu no Yaiba - 08 [1080p] (00_05_15.774) 0002.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

What happened to tl user?

That's literally how most countries during the early 20th century were. Only the capitals and the cities close by were modern while the rest of the country were villages and rural areas. I mean take a look at Russia or even Italy.

I would assume he's asleep, traveling somewhere with poor or no internet access, or is busy with work/family/friends. Monday is also a holiday in the US, so that tends to drag people located there into non-standard circumstances.

Or he is just lost in a ghetto again.

So the five rookies all have special senses:
Tanjirou - Smell
Zenitsu - Hearing
Inosuke - Touch
Genya - Taste
Kanao - Sight

Surely the endgame will be all 5 combining their senses to fight Muzan.

I already received one of my two doujinshi (Tanjirou/Kanao pair) and scanned it. Should I upload it here or in translation thread for manga?

Kimetsu threads seem pretty comfy.
Deepest lore.

The only Machine Guns that existed in this time period were aircraft mounted and completely impractical for infantry use. The first true Assault Rifle dates to around 1915, but this was an adaptation of an American Aircraft mounted gun that was simply small enough for infantry use, and was never exported to Japan to my knowledge. This was followed by the 1917 Browning Assault Rifle, which was likewise never exported to Japan (though you could argue one might be able to turn up due to being captured in the Sino-Japanese war, as there was a model exported to the Chinese).

The Demon Hunters are an extra-governmental organization, so their ability to get what was at the time cutting edge military technology is obviously going to be limited.
Automatic Infantry weapons didn't become widespread until 10-15 years after this series.

Upload it here, please.

I think you can upload it somewhere and then provide us the link

Don’t

Almost all of that is flagrantly wrong, just FYI
>Browning Assault Rifle

Actually I think this is a better idea.

>all the anime onlys complaining that it's too modern for yenolde car to show up
>they don't know about the train arc
>they don't know about the Breath of Shotgun

Man this is one of the few times I've read the manga before it got an anime, feels weird watching Kimetsu get popular

Power of tax evasion dollars.

>suffering
>Robson and Safechuck
those faggots are just looking for easy cash. Besides their stories just don't add up.

Tl thread >

dafuq?

if that goopy woman scene is anything to go by then the Spider Arc will be really something

Who did it better?

Attached: 1506708528483.jpg (1922x1705, 2.73M)

Based user BTFOing filthy incestcunts

>le tone meme

do you actually know what you're talking about?

say that to my face not online and see what happens

Attached: 1557022641568.png (400x264, 130K)

You have to cut off the head num nuts

>a status symbol for officers
Definitely. If I'm not entirely mistaken they had the type of tradition where if you were to get promoted to an officer you'd get your own katana made to show off that status. Many countries in Europe also had a similar tradition of officers funding some of their own gear to show off their higher status.

But even in WW2 they'd actually use them to lead charges into the enemy lines which is crazy when you think it's WW2 we're talking about.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

I didn't gave a fuck about this series but MJ as the main villain is bretty based.
Nezuko a qt too.

>guns

One of the characters introduced later in the story uses guns.

>it's not very effective and does next to nothing against an upper moon.

I always figured that, in a world where swords are impossibly strong and people impossibly fast etc. (=most anime/manga worlds), swords would be superior to guns. I guess it begs the question why guns and their users don't evolve one step further as well, but still.

The metal is special and it takes a lot more to make the bullets. It's easier to turn it into a sword that can be used until broken.

Anime attracts the neetbux

TEHEE

What's your favorite Michael Jackson song

Nezuko is literally made to be a portable meat onahole!!!1

Attached: 1505807315691.gif (450x250, 1.98M)

Sorry, I'm bit late with the edit

Attached: HEEHEE no Yaiba.jpg (653x367, 187K)

Smooth Criminal

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one.

Read up to vol 5, the art is very mediocre and you can't tell what's happening in fights, the characters are pretty much talking tropes, it's clear it's aimed at the shonen demographic.
Spiders did nothing wrong and oni hunters are assholes. MJ is not a child molester.
At least Nezuko is cute, I'll finish watching the anime for her.

Tanjiro doesn't rely on only smell anymore, see-through world is him using all of his senses

You're a talking trope.

glad the bitch died

Europe does it in the 1400s and already have crazy innovative shit like the Ribauldequin.

did you ever saw 1 bullet decapitate someone?

so as long there is no dismemberment you can show gore of people melting

interesting

This is a show about beheading enemies in the first place, so that level of gore is nothing.
Nezuko is dismembered a few times

so nezuko is a oni
oni can heal any thing that doesnt kill then

so if you take her virginity she will just grow it back again?

But the series is also full of dismemberment.

in onis yeah but never with a human

japanese media is totaly against dismemberment of humans

Literally S4 material.

Attached: 2019_05_25_21.21.10.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

With every thrust

unless you take your dick out when thrusting that would not work, or your dick looks like a funnel

> tfw defloration fetish

Attached: 1493966384942.gif (342x512, 312K)

Usually when a banzai charge was called the ammo reserves were spent. Western nations would negotiate a surrender as fighting had become impossible. Japanese would just affix bayonets and run out with swords on a suicide charge. The idea isn't TOO farfetched that it may be successful either; during World War 1 an attack would quite often bog down into melee fighting in the trench using spades and bayonets. It worked 20 years prior, why not then?

Jesus fucking christ.

Attached: x19 (1).png (959x1400, 1.33M)

Wtf?

Gyuutarou didn't fuck around

Attached: x4.png (959x1400, 1.91M)

>duh why does he cry so much wut a baby
When will they ever learn emotion =/= weakness

Attached: shun.png (1206x426, 943K)

>It worked 20 years prior, why not then?
Well bayonet charges were definitely a thing to a point. I guess it's more a matter of perception of how WW1 was this goofy mess of modern and old while WW2 was the first truly modern war where people had learned from most of the mistakes of WW1. Sure, the people who actually experienced it might have thought different.

heehee

Attached: heehee.png (800x1364, 1.01M)

Like I said before, the violence in Kimetsu is not that gory, but it feels fucking raw. I flinched a bit reading this page.

>bayonet charges were definitely a thing to a point
>to a point

Attached: upt_m14punchline.gif (433x711, 749K)

>japanese media is totaly against dismemberment of humans
Not this series.

That style of outfit was popular as fuck and literally everywhere at the beginning of that last century. Why do western viewers only think about MJ when seeing it, and even after repeating the joke hundreds of times still think it's funny? Are you filthy gaijin really that stupid? The OP's post and those "hurr cars and swords" in this thread really showed the level of basic history education.

this is it!

People love Michael Jackson

Don't care, I just wanna say that MJ is innocent.

his name was Tsukihiko (=moon boy) in Asakusa.

It's not only the outfit, his hair are quite similar as well. Combined they give an approximate image of MJ.

machineguns would have been requisistioned by japanese troops stationed oversees to fight the triple alliance during ww1.

Neat. Never knew it.

Attached: Kimetsu-no-Yaiba_TF_07.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

That's fucking brutal. When I was watching that scene I was like "Jesus fucking Christ! Holy shit!"

Chill out user, people make MJ jokes all the time because he’s such a renown and controversial figure.

The end of World War 1 was just showcasing how World War 2 would operate. Even established defenses like fortresses still were a huge deal and stalled German advances in Poland and the beginning of the Battle of France at Sedan. The Battle of Kursk showcased a fuckload of prepared defenses. There isn't too much difference between WW1 and WW2 aside from the fact tanks and trucks existing at the start of the conflict. WW2 could easily have bogged down just like WW1 and the French actually prepared for such a fact. Tanks are good at traveling offroad but they're not very capable of moving on a fucking moonscape.

user her name is Nezuko

Smooth criminal user

Attached: Muzan.jpg (800x399, 21K)

> tags : brain fuck , snuff

>Muzan still can't do headpats

because of the mixture of clothes + the curly long hair

Sony framed and murdered him

>you will never cuddle with qt gagged oni imouto while she is making cute sounds

not a asspull

MJ was always doing good music videos

I really want to see Douma animated, his design is top tier and I can imagine being voiced by Miyano.

>and you can't tell what's happening in fights
Get your eyes checked

Haha, based.

How do you say lower/upper moon in nip? Can someone post the list of the moon names' meanings?