How can I become a great mangaka if I only speak English and don't know how to draw?

How can I become a great mangaka if I only speak English and don't know how to draw?

Attached: Osamu_Tezuka_1951_Scan10008-2.jpg (595x508, 140K)

you don't

>How can I become a Olympic sprinter if I only speak English and don't know how to run?

You guys are so negative

Learn Japanese and learn how to draw manga

learn to draw

Just play a simulator

漫画の描き方を知ってる者でも少年ジャンプに連載できるような漫画家になれるのは日本でも一握りなので
よっぽどの天稟があるのなら話は別だが

Develop schizophrenia and deceive yourself into believing you've accomplished your dream.

Based

Lots of manga have very crude artwork and are still more popular than more skillful works.
Or you can opt to write LNs instead.

I’ve wanted to make an SoL manga about two construction workers for ages

Why write LNs when you can write actual novels?

Do it, user. That sounds comfy.

You answered your own question.

Start by learning how to draw.

Murder everyone in Japan

We already tried that like 70 years ago.

>How can I become a great doctor if I don't know anything about medicine or the human body?

Honestly I think the only difference between a light novel and a novel at this point is putting like 5 pictures in the book and being japanese, so it doesn't really matter

Become Togashi.

suicide is always an option

Pretend to be a girl and get a job at marvel.

>how to become mangaka
You can't. Sorry, but when there's literally thousands of Japanese people who
>A) are very good illustrators
>B) have worked as assistants to actual mangakas
>C) have already met and shook hands with some of the industry leaders/publishing execs
>D) are fluent in the language
who still can't become mangakas because they just don't have "it" (bad composition/poor storytelling), are still too slow/inconsistent in process and work ethic, and/or simply aren't just as marketable as other people who do become mangakas, you have no chance in even swimming in the same pool as them. It's a matter of "if you have to ask on Yea Forums, you don't have the work ethic and tenacity required for the job". You can't compete with someone who is and has been working their ass off to get the same thing you want when you've done nothing in the meantime.

I will say that if you learn illustration, writing, composition, communication (this is very important - more important than the product itself, most times, as all of the real money to be made is in marketing and deal-making/licensing), and refine your process, you *can* get published. Entirely within the realm of possibility. Unlikely? Very. Realistically, a minute fraction of submissions get approved for publishing and the process itself can and usually does take years. If you're serious, prepare to always have a project to work on after you finish with whatever you're doing. You need to keep your head above water and always be moving forward.

Here's an actual professional tip, too: if you should ever land the opportunity to meet with a publisher/editor, do not bring them
>the original copy
>a finished copy (one that has been inked/colored)
Bring some finished pages to show that you can do the work, but don't walk into a room with an editor assigned to you thinking that you're holding the final product in your hands. It never happens that way unless you're vanity pressing, which you probably can't afford to do.

Don't become a mangaka, it's not worth it.
At most, draw a comic or something like that whenever you feel like it.

unironically based, thanks for providing a real answer

Obviously you haven’t read anything about Negative Man or Negative Woman or even Mr. Negative.