Japan names the 2 best anime girls of the 90s

Attached: D8D66A3B-A1F0-4149-B7C5-5450291E4828.jpg (480x480, 182K)

>nips in charge of taste

Attached: 1429772121721.jpg (500x500, 72K)

I agree with Usagi.

I miss the late 80s and 90s so damn much.

Attached: koto_fullintro.webm (960x720, 2.65M)

Glad this is finally settled

Attached: 76b97e278472818c342b743af967915b.jpg (221x346, 31K)

Asukafags BTFO

Attached: Rei.png (1080x1920, 2.19M)

>the nation of body pillows prefers a lifeless doll to a headstrong girl
Sounds about right.

Attached: 1534808287874.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

One of those bitches should have been Lina Inverse.

any sane man would prefer a mild-mannered woman over a fuckin bitch, dumdum lmao

Attached: yeah-nah[1].jpg (344x291, 31K)

Not surprising at all to anyone who was actually alive during the 90s (kys zoomers)

>mild-mannered
Did you even watch the show?

Well, we know that the Japanese prefer literal nobody over the other Evangelion girls. But I really don't get Usagi when pretty much every other girl in Sailor Moon had a larger fanbase. I assume the participants of that poll haven't even watched Sailor Moon and just went for the popular title character!?

>lifeless doll
Ohhh no no which one was the lifeless doll again? Hmm what if we were to hmmmm actually look at their personalities again OHHH nooo how could this happen??? You mean my redhead waifu is actually as internally deficit and vapid as me??? how could this haaaappen...

Attached: 1539665527520.jpg (1080x4000, 1.3M)

>she thinks therefore she is

Someone doesn't understand Descartes.

Not surprising. Next you're going to tell me that Nausicaa is the most popular of the 80's.

You do know that following that trend of calling people "NPC" instead of making an actual argument pretty much makes you an NPC, don't you?
That pic, by the way, has already reflected quite badly on Reifags as it has proven their lack of understanding for the very show they claim to like. So maybe you shouldn't repost it quite so lightheartedly, unless of course you're a falseflagging Asukafag. In which case I applaud you.

90s had nothing on what happened after.

Attached: RinLingerie.jpg (704x731, 60K)

Too bad you can't dismiss the argument by quibbling over the usage of a popular phrase. It's absolutely on point, Asuka is the quintessential "NPC" character, she's nothing but a hollow reflection of others, shaped and molded by them completely out of a desperate need for validation (remarkably like many people on this board, for instance).

>hur durr you used buzzword therefore not an argument
Sorry fellow but the argument is well-formed and rock solid, maybe you should read it again if you had trouble the first time. All you have to do is watch Evangelion, see how the two characters act, it holds up completely.

no

Attached: sailor mercury.jpg (1434x1052, 572K)

Rei > Bitch

Asuka is exactly like the average Yea Forums poster, it makes perfect sense why she's so popular here
>no actual personality of their own
>desperately needs acknowledgement
>allows their likes and dislikes to be dictated by the group despite asserting that they're making decisions on their own
>"If X group I hate likes something, I have to hate it! This will demonstrate independent thinking to the group I crave acceptance from!"
>exist as nothing but shadows of other entities
Such a sad existence.

I distinctly remember Ami being literally the most popular thing to ever exist in the 90s. She was EVERYWHERE on the japanese web and con community.

Is Shinji number 1 for the males ranking? I can read just the name

>Sorry fellow but the argument is well-formed and rock solid
Do you actually believe that? No matter how much it impressed you when you first downloaded that pic, it just spouts nonsense with a few big words. It makes not one single argument.

The very point of Rei is that she is NOT an individual. People like her because she is NOT an individual. And the picture does at no point explain why Rei would be an individual. It states a few simple facts, but her being an individual does not follow from any of those. It's as if neither you nor the guy who made that pic understood what "individual" means. It's definitely not the opposite of an "NPC".

And like wrote, the "she thinks therefore she is" part makes no sense, because the functional aspect of Descartes "cogito" is the "o" (the "ego"). It is a proof of self-evidence of a thinking mind, not an onotlogical proof of everything that appears to be thinking.

Furthermore, that Asuka does not reflect on her perceptions is not based on any actual evidence but just a postulation by the author of that pic. In fact, there is no way for anyone to deduce whether anyone (other than oneself) actaully reflects on things, but we usually assume that that is the case.
The whole argument rests on those postulations, and just like Spinoza's ethics, it breaks apart once you see how nonsensical those premises are.

The pretentious use of a phrase to sound smart always deserves to be pointed out for what it is and anyone participating in any way in Evangelion waifu shitposting wars is a cretin. They're both interesting for different reasons.

>Ami being literally the most popular thing to ever exist in the 90s
She's basically Rei with a personality. So it makes sense that some insecure teen otaku would like her. However, because she has a personality, she'll never be as popular with them as Rei.

Only true men of culture can fully appreciate Asuka's loveliness in its entirety. In a popular vote, that which aims for low-brow mass appeal is expected to come out on top.

Attached: 1550830045947.jpg (599x780, 281K)

>wanting to fuck your own mother
disgusting reifags

When will Japan ever recognize a 'best girl' who's not the primary female character of her show?

I get it with Usagi/Serena, but Rei was always kind of creepy to me. Asuka was a bit of a cunt but at least she had a personality.

I can't believe we still have to deal with the two piles of shit known as Rei and Asuka in the year 2020. Imagine if Gundam fans continued to push the absolute cunts Beltorchika & Reccoa 40 years later instead of growing up and admitting neither characters are worth a goddamn.

You can't blame people for liking characters, user. Not even decades later.
You can, however, blame people for liking non-characters like Rei.

Usagi isn't even the best Kotono Mitsuishi character from the 90's.

Attached: birdy_knuckles.gif (500x370, 710K)

The worst of the 80's/90's is a thojsand times better than the best today

Prefer Lina Inverse over either of them, desu

>Usagi

Ew, why? Literally EVERY other Sailor was more fun than that screeching idiot

I mean, realistically speaking ,were you expecting anything else?

Attached: e0951fcbeffc6b4c00f64e71ea2760e8.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

What would the 00's be? Shana amd Haruhi?

whos the artist of that usagi image

Shana?

And probably Sakura and Yoko Litner

I thought japs liked Sailor Mercury the best out of all the senshi. What happened?

People who voted either didn't have any idea about the series and just went for popularity. Or the poll only had one option per series or something, and for some reason offered Usagi instead of any of the others (probably because there's too much of an even split between those).

>I thought japs liked Sailor Mercury the best out of all the senshi. What happened?
Those who like Ami obviously voted for Evangelion's Rei instead. Pretty much the same archetype, but less of a character (which those people would consider a positive).

Usagi is great and all but Makoto is the better wife.
I'd still fuck Usagi 24/7 if she was real and my GF but Makoto is a top Wife

Or maybe they actually watched the series and paid attention and understand Usagi's character better than a bunch of neckbeards on Yea Forums who watch anime one handed?

There was a brief year or two in the late 90s where Nips agreed and voted that Ruri was better and more popular than Rei and in the top 5 anime girls of all time
What happened since then?

Attached: ruri06.jpg (1500x2118, 488K)

HAHAHAHA TAKE THAT ASUKA-TARDS

>Belldandy

My waifu

People realized she was a fanservicey Rei clone

Mars BTFO

No matter how well you understand Usagi's character, most people won't like her over EVERY other female character in that series. Having a favourite is not the same as understanding a character, and if you look at polls conducted among actual fans of the series, they do show a wide spread of opinions and have varying results, but always have Usagi far behind the other (inner) senshi. That's not unusual for a main character, who's supposed to be more of a compromise between archetypes and character tropes. Which means that while most people liek Usagi a lot, they do like at least one (or in most cases multiple) of the other girls more.

Holy BASED.
30 years old discussion finally solved.

Are you MALtards or Redditors? Or why do you value public opinion (or rather the opinion of a select circle of otaku) that much?

Loli Rei clone > Rei

Attached: Hoshino.Ruri.full.28850.jpg (2391x868, 639K)

>every thread

Attached: kek debiru.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

>Jupiter
MUUUUH!!!

rei is important, but no one actually likes rei
the actual best character of the 90s is probably mihoshi
that was hard to narrow down too

>implying I self insert as Shinji

>the reifagfag Yea Forumsedditor posts his cancerous image once again even after being BTFO repeatedly
why?

The 80's and 90's didn't have hinata

Attached: __hyuuga_hinata_naruto_series_and_etc_drawn_by_shiori_lee_jeng__sample-d8bcab1e4a3e477317ac988282b6e (850x850, 120K)

The NTR queen.

I disagree!

Attached: asuka UpLe1EwCYwgq7dIxgG0NJqyidSB8SOnUgpL1dmDfXMw.png (1176x1600, 1.2M)

easy (you)'s

>Impliying she holds a candle to 90's waifus
Lmao

Remember when otakus weren't afraid of badass women?

Attached: 80s.jpg (1280x1841, 776K)

>90's waifus
Please go back to wherever you came from. Here on Yea Forums , "waifu" does not mean what you think it means.

Attached: 80s(2).jpg (1280x786, 368K)

Nausicaa was still top 5 even in the 90s. Impressive how much they loved her over there.

>Minako higher than Makoto
disregarded

>anyone but nausicaa higher than lum
also disregarded

based

Attached: 1558028531283.gif (704x396, 367K)

Unemotional ≠ emotionless

Attached: Shinji&Rei-4.jpg (2100x9744, 3.52M)

I can get behind this.

>Code Geass
Fucking hell. I hate that name fields are even a thing.

What year is this from? Crazy that Nausicaa is in the top 5