Now that the dust has settled, what is the anime of the decade?

Now that the dust has settled, what is the anime of the decade?

Is it Your Name?

Attached: 1558768418325.png (640x384, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime-Gatari
english.stackexchange.com/questions/178743/is-up-to-inclusive-or-exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=irqFRZqptWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The year isn't over yet

meguca

Do we take into account only originals or adaptations too? Unfinished anime?

These threads will be hell

Attached: _1680.png (1680x1050, 2.27M)

Snk by far. Unless Vinland Saga adaptation makes the manga justice
And fuck tatami galaxy.

boring blockbuster shit

Agreed, though you don't have to go into them.

>it's bad because it's famous

>t. unironically enjoys marvel movies

Just admit that it's and we can go home without having these shitty threads for the next year.

>spoiler
not even the anime movie of the decade which was Rebellion
Also, forgetting someone, are we?

Attached: nichibro.webm (1280x720, 1.41M)

Kill la Kill, and nothing will change it.

Attached: PW52384F-Kill-La-Kill.jpg (1000x662, 443K)

>marvel movies
>snk

For me it's either Space Dandy or Made in Abyss.

I hate capeshit retard.
But if you watched or read SNK you would know that it has much more depth to it that what you think.

>2010s are coming to an end soon
IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHERE WE'RE GOING
THEN YOU WON'T LIKE WHAT'S COMMIN' NEXT
WHAT WILL WE LOOK LIKE
IN A POST AMERICAN WORLD?

Attached: forwhomthebellstoll.jpg (1223x1529, 411K)

>read the manga
This is about *anime*.
For instance, K-ON has a passable manga adapted into a masterpiece of an anime (which would probably be a top 5 anime of the 2000s decade)

Attached: 1544044756258.jpg (1600x3200, 975K)

Definitely Keit-ai, yes.

Attached: 1518251492010.jpg (1440x810, 170K)

I think both adaptions of ONE's shit are pretty strong competitors, given the stellar animation and character-based storytelling. I'd put Mob above OPM, though.

This. Animefags don't know but it's become one of the better stories in years. I insist you read the manga if watch anime for more than waifubait.

Attached: tumblr_inline_mpb5ioXurj1qz4rgp.png (500x404, 141K)

>mob
tumblr-tier
>opm
spic-tier

aotd is madoka magica, give it up already

>tier
Yea Forums-tier

You're gonna have to wait a while Yea Forumsnons. The messengers of true taste are heading their way over to the thread to present us with what was the best show of the decade.

Attached: Messengers of Taste move forward.gif (480x270, 468K)

Violet Evergarden

still Tatami Galaxy tbqh
Ping-Pong, second season of Kaiji, first season of Mob Psycho and Made in Abyss would be the other picks according to my pretentious reddit elitist pleb casual taste

Attached: tatami.gif (320x180, 473K)

The VEGetables took longer to show up than I expected.

>>mob
>tumblr-tier
What does that even mean?
The anime's literally about how no matter how different you might seem or try to make yourself out to be, you're not special. That's anti-tumblr, if anything.

well you see both shows are liked by many different people, including people that I dislike, i.e. tumblr users or mexicans
that makes them bad and means I can dismiss them entirely

I would agree with Made in abyss if the writer didn't shit himself. They writing has taken a turn for the...uh...fetish.

Your Name was the best anime of this decade.
That's a fact.
You have a right to your own opinion though,
even if it is entirely fucking incorrect.

Attached: download.jpg (1440x2560, 659K)

I can't stand Madoka Magica but it will be considered anime of the decade.

Attached: nigonigoni.jpg (500x500, 49K)

No it won't, everyone forgot about it already. Now Oreimo, that's a timeless classic.

yeah I fucking hate that show, I think it's complete and utter garbage with no redeeming qualities, but I still have to agree it is objectively the best anime of the last 50 years at least

Way to miss my point.
My point is that watching the anime or reading the manga makes you easily see how SNK has nothing to do with capeshit, and I'm right.
Since I said "watch the anime or read the manga" this means your point in is also stupid, because the anime is included in my point.

The anime is already at good parts though, enough to understand that SNK has nothing to do with "blockbusters", even if the better parts aren't adapted yet.

Oreimo

Attached: 1455907214236.jpg (700x800, 221K)

Your post makes no sense. If that's how you feel you are strange, or you are trying to imply that's how I feel about Madoka Magica. You could also just be fucking with me, which is fine.. As I said before, I can't stand it but I never said it has no redeeming qualities. I like two of the characters but that's not enough to make it anime of the decade for me. I stated that it will be considered anime of the decade because I observed how popular it is with other people and how I almost always see a thread on it with other people discussing it to death.

this user gets it.

It's a manga about torturing lolis, dude. It's always been a fetish thing.

This thread is about anime though, which toned down a lot of it.

Looking back, some of the best stuff was concentrated either at its beginning (Madoka, Anohana) or in the end (Made in Abyss, Asobi Asobase). That entire middle portion 2012-2017 was such a fucking wasteland.

Attached: 1557484909532.jpg (599x599, 152K)

Unironically Dragon Ball Super.

obviously

Attached: _20190519_113625.jpg (640x798, 130K)

Umaru

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

I hate Madokafags

Attached: nichibros.jpg (639x360, 53K)

Sounds like you speed read through all the chapters and can't handle the wait for new chapters. It never took a turn for his fetishes.
In fact nothing ever really changed with the way he's handling the manga.

>shonen
Shit taste.

The true best girl of this decade and best anime of this decade.

Attached: adb0e31.jpg (800x328, 50K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.42_[2018.02.20_11.35.06].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

nah I'm just fucking with you
I enjoyed Madoka, but didn't feel it was as deep or original as some people said
great visuals and a fun concept but not a masterpiece, 8/10 I would say

Shounen can be fun, just look at Noragami or the first seasons of Naruto or even Neverland. It all panders to a certain wish-fulfillment instinct. If you don't have that instinct that's fine, nobody forces you to watch anything, but you may still appreciate the production quality and fun characters.
The problem is that most shounen fans are retards who attach themselves to absolute irredeemable trash. Stuff like SnK or Shippuden or One Piss or post-Namek Dragonball. They give shounen a bad rep.

Based
>Shit taste.
Massive cope.

whatever makes you sleep at night Pedro

Yagate Kimi Ni Naru

Attached: Yagate Kimi ni Naru - 02 - Large 12.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Ah ok cool. For all of the people who found something special in Madoka I'm happy for them.

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi

Evangelion.
All decades. Eva is best.

>IN A POST AMERICAN WORLD
Finally, I fucking hate America.

OPM AND MOBu

This, but I would put one punch man over mob

pos-namek dragonball
The fuck are you on about? Cell ark was way better than Namek, and highschool gohan was fun.
And super is largely wish-fulfillment, which, as you said, is the point of a lot of shonen.
Nobody ever seems to have concrete reasons as to why they hate this or that in dragon ball, it's all arbitrary lines in the sand.

sora no woto

Attached: 1543906489995.jpg (600x680, 106K)

Kemono Friends. Not a single show this decade has made me feel such strong feelings of joy, sadness, happiness, relief, grief, rage, schadenfreude, anguish, pity, and melancholy.

The fact it grew so large and died such an unnatural death and continues to be an unmistakably sore point for countless millions of people only shows how great of a show it is on the merit of its affect of people alone, and so much more can be said to the merits of the people behind the show.

Attached: IMG_20190511_170500.png (550x696, 188K)

>schadenfreude
explain how

gochiusa
love live
yuru yuri

Attached: mig.jpg (207x207, 12K)

Watching KF2 crash and burn and everyone involved with it suffering brings my Friend-deprived heart endless joy.

>tumblr

Attached: tmp.jpg (1024x638, 501K)

My gut answer is Aikatsu but I could see it changing with other series I haven't seen in the 2010s. It is unlikely as Aikatsu is an all time favorite.

Movie of the decade: In this Corner
TV show of the decade: IM@S (2011)
Short Film of the decade: Wonder

Attached: 1552576341816.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

Naruto

Top tier taste right there.It's one of very few anime toy commercials(aside from precure but that varies a lot) I would consider good.It just has a very nice "atmosphere" to it,if you know what I mean.

TV AOTS was The Idolmaster.

Both Keion S2 and Hidamari S3 are on the same level too, and there's a bit more choice on great 2010s films

Attached: 1546223771131.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Attached: Devilman-Crybaby-Poster-Netflix-Japanese-Anime-TV-Show-36-x-24.jpg (570x806, 52K)

Pingu pongo

There were plenty: Rezero, Charlotte, Sukasuka, Kaminai, Illya.

We still have 2019 and 2020 before the decade ends.

There isn't an anime out there that made me happier than Aikatsu. I grew super attached to the whole cast and at the end of the respective generations I was so overwhelmed with joy I was in tears. Akari's arc hitting slightly harder from how much she grew throughout the series.
Seriously, if you haven't everyone has to check out Aikatsu. It's criminally unknown for how amazing the series is.

My list probably goes:
10/10 - Katanagatari, Space Brothers, Your Name
9/10 - Madoka Magica, Kids on the Slope, Shirobako, NagiAsu
8/10 - Silent Voice, Made in Abyss, Yuru Camp, Love Live

Madoka by far.
SnK was the manga of the decade (though I wasn't too happy with the anime adaptation and actually dropped it before I read the manga and found out that the manga was a million times better) mainly because it and the anime opened the doors to so many good shows.

I thought it would be 100% moe haremshit by 2019 and Madoka and SnK prevented that from happening. Madoka for playing with "moe" in such a horrifying way that it forever changed moe anime (you can no longer judge anime that look purely like moeshit on the cover now - many shows after madoka deliberately made the show look cute in teasers and then introduced a nightmarish aspect to it).
SnK revitalised the whole kaiju/eva-angel idea and humanised the "kaiju" to the point where it became more powerful to me. It wasn't just monsters eating you, it was your family or relatives.

The fact that both of these sold well, compared to the late 00's/early 10's when anime like K-on were the main sellers, changed the industry in a couple years.
Isekai is the only other thing that really changed anime - fuck you Sword Art Online, fuck you.

>compared to the late 00's/early 10's when anime like K-on were the main sellers
It's funny because everyone is always nostalgic for this particular era when ultimately the industry back then was in desperate need of change.

Not really, most people tend to agree that Madoka was the anime of the decade, whether they liked it or not.
I actually dropped it because I thought it got a bit silly by the end of the first season, but I can still say without a doubt that it impacted the industry in a manner not seen since Eva or Pokemon (eva arguably for the better, pokemon for the worse).

I get the feeling cyberpunk might come back this year and the next decade, though not as cyberpunk, but something influenced by it (more critical of technology than merely showing it off). Moe seems to be creeping in again too, which is not that great of a thing if done poorly.

>netflix original

Attached: refuse remover.jpg (300x400, 31K)

>POST AMERICAN WORLD
You have no idea, I think China are making some of the most catastrophic economic/social engineering blunders it has made in years.
Chinese people will more likely become westernized if China doesn't recognise it's issues.

That said, it seems that countries have bought so much of each others debt that we're all potentially screwed by this.

Show of the decade, possibly the century.

Attached: ika chan.jpg (460x500, 279K)

Most stylish character design of the decade goes to Hotaru.

Attached: 1549063770535.webm (488x600, 349K)

This.
I found it got boring very quickly.

But it's ideas paved the way for much of the innovative shows of the 10's.

>Mai 2019
>Anime of the decade
What is wrong with you?

>muh objectivity
Base your opinions on what you like you fuck not on what other people will think.

>everyone forgot about it
You simply cannot forget the moment mami got her head bitten off. That was THE moment that changed shit in the anime industry. It hooked people in with moe only to blast you with that. That made it sell big time and that therefore made people rethink how to make sellable anime. Genuine art seems to be seeping into what was, prior to madoka, the safe moeblob shit industry.

>what was, prior to madoka, the safe moeblob shit industry
Madokafags ladies and gentlemen.

Attached: 1526025447915.png (473x675, 361K)

I posted madoka as aotd in 2012 here, it's an absolute metric that's easy to see.

I find that odd too.
There is definitely a nostalgia for moe again. I think people grew to used to Madoka influenced anime. It's not as shocking as it was in 2010.
That said, shows like Narutaru are still on the peripherals due to the "what the hell did I watch and why does this show draw my attention" factor. So we're going to have to find some new thing that does that without being like Madoka, etc. I think Anno doing Godzilla was an interesting move. I think I know what he's trying to bring back to eva which was lost in the rebuilds to a degree.

At the same time, something tells me the 90's cyberpunk style might creep in too. While the GITS LA was terrible, it stimulated some urge to see more things like it again. There are few cyberpunk shows that have grit. I honestly wonder what would happen if Psycho-pass were done today and took into account developments in style over this decade.
Another trend is oni/east myth and magic related anime in a Japanese historical fiction setting like Dororo, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Mecha needs innovation too. I think it's almost too de-constructed to the point where it's no longer a war machine, but rather a living entity.

Well how many shows have there been since Madoka that try this "cute characters in a horror/psychological torment setting"? I think Franxx tried to give it a crack. School-Live! too, but it added more moe.

There were shows like this in the 00's, but none with the success of Madoka.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

I know you're not supposed to let fanbases affect your opinions but I will never watch madoka simply because the fans are such insufferable retards. Worse than evafags at this point.

>Dragon Ball Super Rushed Development
Yeah no.

One decent final episode doesn't make a series.

Attached: tmp.jpg (700x525, 75K)

Dragon Ball Super is easily the worst anime that has come out in the last 40 years.

Juxtaposition of cute and horror/violence is nothing new. Madoka was babby's first edge for a generation just like Goblin Slayer was for the current one.

Attached: 3c270fe1ea7f2fe54fbcb851b5c222b1.gif (320x240, 2.27M)

Was just about to mention this. Why do people mistake shock value for narrative depth?

Just the novel, user. I would like see moar ship between Okabe and Maho, fucking yuri rute.

Attached: 1d43ba02b6096a4682586af66aa0edf2.jpg (1684x2381, 2.64M)

Elfen Lied and Narutaru were before their time I think.
Elfen was also so bad I almost didn't finish it. It's hard to get horror to work. Madoka was strange because it seemed very innocent for many eps, then randomly threw the show into a hellish nightmare. Cute magical girls don't get devoured by monsters, especially after eps of nothing really hinting at what was to come.
Madoka also had a very interesting visual style. It felt like a bad acid trip to me. Reminded me of Paprika and Kuuchuu Buranko.

What the fuck shows were even popular in the first half of this decade? There was Tiger&Bunny, Pingudoramu, Shinryaku, IS, haganai. That's about all my elderly brain can remember.

>meme anime

>Juxtaposition of cute and horror/violence is nothing new
But it was never executed as perfectly as Madoka. see I think the visual aspect of it was crucial too. In retrospect, you can see near the beginning of S1 in the visuals hints of what they were going to do.

Madoka, I guess.
But my favourites were SG and Psycho Pass.

I was going to say Disappearance before I realised that was 2010 so yeah, I'd go with Madoka.

Attached: homu.png (600x848, 197K)

2010 is part of 2010s.

Disappearance is phenomenal, but it's still madoka for me.

Huh? Battle with Valpurgis is the first scene in Madoka.

2010 is the first decade, literally tenth year.

With increasing influence from the American audience, what will anime look like 10 years from now?

Attached: sickening.jpg (1280x1024, 310K)

Serie: Madoka
Movie: Kaguya

>With increasing influence from the American audience
American dream, kek.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s

Based

Hunter x Hunter

Bakemonogatari, Angel Beats, Oreimo, Snk, School Live, Infinite Stratos, SAO, Highschool of the Dead, cross ange, Katanagatari, Psycho-Pass, Shiki (lol tractors), Plastic Memories, Steins Gate, Working!, Amagi Brilliant Park.
Most of the better shows this decade , in my opinion came after snk and well after Madoka, particularly between 2015-2018. Were a good few seasons.
I actually stopped watching shit in 2013 it was getting so boring.

Shows like Made in Abyss really changed that and got me enthusiastic about anime. I think the industry was becoming influenced by shows like Snk, etc after 2015 so they were looking for weird and interesting things, rather than more generic shows.

Well, they infiltrated Taiwan. Who knows how many years ((they)) will take to implant Western degeneracy in Japan.

>over 100 posts
>barely any VEGshitposting
I am dissappointed.

>Now that the dust has settled
wait 5 more years before using that phrase

I really think that the best anime of the decade is Anime-gataris, because it is the perfect representation of everything that 2010s anime is. No other series has ever understood the medium so deeply. It is pure anime and nothing but anime.
But Madoka is by far the most memorable series of the decade. Some of the other picks in this thread are pretty good contenders as well but overall this decade will be remembered as having a whole load of poorly developed series that pale in comparison to their inspirations.
Things that I expressly disagree with: SnK and Oreimo are understandable picks but ultimately I think that they are shit series that could have been good and failed. Choices I cannot understand: Made in Abyss, VEG, Love Live. They are decent series and that's it. Any battle shounen is also a terrible option.
Almost anything else in this thread I enjoy and can appreciate why people picked them, along with some things that haven't been mentioned (Mushishi s2, Uchouten, Nichijou, etc.)

Attached: f87587f9111109e36efaf553ab6439cf.jpg (1000x690, 76K)

Yes, burger education is bad, can't even count years.

Episode 3 was when Yea Forums lost it's mind though. There were hints of something, but when Yea Forums started to spam what happened that ep I instantly had to check out the show. I did not expect a show like that to have what it had.

More gore like the late 90's perhaps. The only issue is Japanese censorship.

it's the 11th year of the millennium

Bakemonogatari was very good.
The rest diluted what made Bakemonogatari so good.

This.

I may agree with Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
It was a huge anime, it was an original, it's good, and it had influence.

It feels like it should be a bad sign that the anime of the decade aired at the very beginning. It may not mean anything, but feels like it could.

That said, I haven't watched Kizumonogatari or Shinobu's arcs. I think Kizu sounds good on paper.
The sisters arc and snake arc made it corny as fuck.

0 is a much better counter starting point.

Also it's not just me. Any of these threads that have popped up (including this one) have anime like K-On!!, Disappearance, tatami galaxy, Katanagatari, etc. as answers.

I love Bakemonogatari, but I was talking about the series that's literally called Anime-gataris, not the sequels to Bake.

100% pic related. Broad appeal, memorable characters, nice mix of genres and styles, arthouse flavor, great animation, kickass soundtrack.

Attached: dandy.jpg (1200x680, 78K)

I disagree, many good shows lagged half a decade after madoka yet clearly looked at madoka.
SnK may have lead to the increased away from cute slice of life shit. That drew in a big western audience apparently.

kek oops.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime-Gatari
I forgot this existed.

It's already too late.

I don't think people will even ironically joke that it's one of the best. Not a horrendous show I'm just not into misery porn.

>what made Bakemonogatari so good
loli service was the only thing holding that jalopy of a series together

Most people did, and that's just another element that makes it pure anime. It blends in with all of the schlock.

Attached: 1376568680433.png (625x626, 74K)

Just got the BD and rewatched it for the first time since it aired. Absolutely fantastic show, I find it strange how quickly it's been completely forgotten. It's the kind of show that's best enjoyed on a big t.v. with the lights off.

Attached: [MD] Space☆Dandy - 14 (1280x720 Blu-ray AC3).mkv_snapshot_16.02_[2018.11.08_10.45.53].jpg (1280x720, 670K)

Nah, it had something in the first season, some mystique.
Then it went all out with loli service and I got bored because if I wanted loli service I would watch hentai.

HxH

More 2011-2015.
It really was.

I think the election stimulated brains and ideas perhaps.

I think the formula got tiresome and pretentious quickly.
>girl says something
>zoom in on arararagi's eye
>two seconds of a wall of text on a colored backgrounds
>silhouettes of traffic signs
>slowly zooms in on random body part of girl
>araragi's ahoge twitching

The early 2010's ran off the fumes of the late-2000's silver age.
In the late 2010's we're experiencing a sort of quality revival, mostly thanks to new money flowing into the industry.

2011 was a great year for anime, how could you say that was part of any wasteland.

Even 2012 is a bit hard to agree on, because it had Hyouka and a lot of people liked Psycho Pass, but at the very least, 2011 should not be part of the wasteland.

don't forget GuP

>2012-2017 was a wasteland
Humanity Has Declined
Shinsekai yori
Girls und Panzer
Psycho-Pass
Hyouka
Tsuritama
HxH Chimera Ant
Silver Spoon
Eccentric Family
Space Dandy
Mushishi Zoku
Ping Pong
Barakamon
Nozaki-kun
Shirobako
Euphonium
Kekkai Sensen
NNB
OPM
Rakugo
Tanaka-kun
Luluco
Mob Psycho S1
3-gatsu
Yuri on Ice
The Great Passage
Maid Dragon
LWA
Tsuki ga Kirei
Made in Abyss
Girls' Last Tour
Houseki no Kuni

I agree, I think bakemonogatari's style "quirks" stewed online as memes to the point where they were no longer appealing to me. When you get bored with the visual style, the plot becomes the focus and that's when you began to notice some issues with the series. Nothing happened for much of S2 whereas S1 seemed to be heading towards something exciting. After S1 it felt like SoL rather than an interesting show.

With some exceptions like shirobako and konosuba 2015 and 2016 were absolute trash.
things only picked up in 2017, where we had in one year:
• Kemono Friends
• Houseki no Kuni
• Made in Abyss
• Girls' Last Tour
• Princess Principal
• Gabriel Drop
• that boring storytelling one
• Maidragon
All are very notable, some being obvious future classics e.g. MiA (>inb4)
and that's just off the top of my head.

>2011 was a great year for anime
There was a lot of shit that year. The stand outs stand out by a long way.
It's like this year with shows like Dororo standing out by far.

>Made in Abyss
2016?
There were some darker shows in 2017/18 too and they were refreshing. Franxx had so much potential with that dystopian setting.

Pingu in the City

I thought 2016-18 were good years 2bh. Best since 2009.

Sorry I have to do this, but...
>Hyouka
>HxH
>Silver Spoon
>Space Dandy
>Ping Pong
>Euphonium
>Kekkai Sensen
>OPM
>Luluco
>Mob Psycho
>LWA
>Tsuki ga Kirei
At least you didn't mention yuruyuri

Attached: 1453380781238.png (1194x810, 152K)

>no mention of Fate/Zero
What's wrong with you guys?

>console wars
take your dinosaur slut back to Yea Forums, nigger

If there are any newfags reading this thread, take notes. You don't have to open a rec thread now.

honestly, kimi no nawa is very close to a perfect movie

D-don't forget Free!
It got 3 seasons and a movie or two, so it can't be all that bad

Yea Forums shits on anything Fate these days

MiA is summer 2017

>OP is a newfag that just wanted this thread for recommendations
We've been tricked.

Attached: 1532965282099.jpg (1366x768, 144K)

Are we going to have a bowl or something where we do a chart for the best of each year?

it's the oldest trick in the book
if you've been successfully tricked by it, I'm afraid the real newfag is YOU

I really wish there was some way to have one of these, but disallow anyone who hasn't watched every show on offer (or at least >85% of them) to vote.
I mean, some way that didn't involve having MALfags shit it up.

Which is the Ass of the Year? Fan arts doesnt count.

Of course I didn't mention Yuru Yuri. I only listed good anime.

Goblin Slayer was the worst on 2018.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1539111678820.png (397x513, 210K)

spbp

Attached: 1543304496290.jpg (800x533, 88K)

At least it was entertaining. Not many shows go all in with brutality because of laws.

I hate Free! so much I want to nuke Japan after thinking about it.

There was a lot of good stuff too, and a year should be judged by the amount of good, not bad.

You have Madoka, Stein's Gate, Tamayura Hitotose, Chihayafuru, Fate/Zero, Hunter x Hunter, Mawaru Penguindrum, Hourou Musuko, Hyouge Mono, Nichijou, Usagi Drop

1st season was actually good, but Yea Forums hates things liked by fujos.

I'm talking about asses, orcbulge, that thing that makes your stick grows, that hás nothing with goblins

MADE IN ABYSS A SHIT!

The only entertainment I derived from it was having a group viewing and hearing everyone's hype slowly turn to disappointment as I was pointing out how cheap it looked.

Attached: 5610b096a65a22e720d90f3406ccf21e.jpg (400x400, 45K)

Look,I can do this too!
ą

I only liked Madoka, Stein's Gate and Fate/Zero.
Nichijou is boring. The rest were drivel.
Usagi was weird and an honourable mention I guess.

Haven't seen Hyouge Mono, don't know why as it looks good.
Haven't seen Wandering Son .... why the fuck didn't Yea Forums lose it's shit about an anime with traps?

It was boring garbage from the start. I actually didn't know it was fujo in ep 1.

I also did that but still was entertained by a main obsessed with killing goblins and the sjw freakout from seeing rape in anime.
I guess they've never seen Berserk.

What was the worse of the decade?
Seems like a tough question. You get contrarian answers because nobody watched the actual bad ones.

Mayoiga

Gobbo was babby's first edge for ironic weeaboos.

Mayoiga, Glasslip and Hand Shakers

No, everyone agrees it was Fractale.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

I have heard people say that swimming itself is incredibly boring, because all you do is swim up and down a lane for (let's say) an hour straight, without any music, or being able to talk to others. Just the same movement over and over again.

So maybe it figures that an anime about swimming wouldn't be full of exciting action packed scenes

Do you want to know how I know you're American?

I also felt we got a mass of newfags the prior two years. But many weren't even legit posters. That was the funny part. Seeing shills hate the show.

Madoka

Attached: 1445823625596.jpg (2339x1956, 1.16M)

not that guy but please go ahead

As an Australian where swimming is forced down your throat from year 1 to 12, fuck swimming.
But it was also just generally boring for other reasons.

Damn, you hate fun and your taste is shit.

babbys first anime

>stellar animation
user...
Yes, you're absolutely right. It's a shame only Mob got its S2.

The PSG one was better.

He wrote "worse" instead of "worst" REEEEEEE it's on par with other typical American mistakes like "would of" or "I could care less"

>Franxx had so much potential with that dystopian setting.
It also had a director that had no idea what the fuck to do and a clear lack of identity.
And to make things worse, a lot of the elements that should have defined it were window dressing at best.

please go away

Don't want people to think you type like a retard? Don't type like a retard.
Anyone can see that "I could care less," doesn't make any sense when you're trying to say that you don't give a shit about something.

And a good first anime, because most mainstream anime sucks.

Despera Fall 2020. They saved the best for last

Fair point, there could be worse first anime, but that doesn't mean it's Anime of the Decade.

no competition

Never heard of them. What was so terrible about it?

Yorimoi

Last thread like this turned into a 600+ shitpost about VEG.

DON'T CALL IT A GRAVE
ITS THE FUTURE YOU CHOSE

Mayoiga was some self-financed high-concept trainwreck that felt like it ran out of money after two episodes.
Glasslip was the most boring and cliched piece of shit to have ever aired on Japanese television. Literally nothing happens. And not in a good iyashikei sort of way.
Hand Shaker was simply confusing and pretentious.

>THE moment that changed shit in the anime industry
Maybe for people who were teenagers at the time
>It hooked people in with moe only to blast you with that
Madoka foreshadowed it from the very first scene, and it was nowhere near a new concept
>Genuine art seems to be seeping into what was, prior to madoka, the safe moeblob shit industry.
This is the statement of someone who has never watched any anime from before Madoka
Simply pathetic

Attached: bea.png (500x482, 251K)

>Never heard of them
>Fractale

Attached: 1544134468702.gif (400x400, 179K)

Actually I have heard of Fractale and Mayoiga I just don't know anything more about it than the title.

I liked 10's. Most of the shows you people consider average there would be fucking big and great during the early 00's. Shows were either decent or unwatchable back then.
It had more shows about working adults than the previous decade, liked Working!, Shirobako, Sore ga Seyuu and Girlish Number a lot.
Madoka made an huge opening for other shows with the formula of "maho shojo going dark", I liked it.
Ikuhara was more active in this decade that the past 20 years, although Penguindrum is still his strongest work.
2010 had Katanagatari, Panty and Stoking, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, Sora no woto, Durarara.
2011: Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Tiger & Bunny, Usagi Drop, Mawaru Penguindrum, Fate/Zero.
(mentioning Guilty Crown / Blood C for fun shitposting time)
2012: Nichibros, Jinrui, Shinsekai yori (still the best and complex worldbuilding I've ever seen in the anime), Psycho-Piss
2013: Uchouten Kazoku, Samurai Flamenco (the wildest ride ever).
2014: Noragami, Space Dandy, Ping Pong, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Shingeki no Bahamut, Yuuki Yuuna, Cross Ange
2015: Death Parade, Houkago no Pleiades, Rolling Girls, Osomatsu-san S1, Himouto Umaru, Shokugeki no Souma S1, Hibike! Euphonium.
2016 (that year we had 50-60 airing shows per season so there is a lot): Shouwa Genroku Rakugo, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Kono Suba, Mob Psycho 100, Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou, Flip Flappers, MHA, 3-gatsu no Lion, Occultic;Nine,
Yuri on Ice.
2017: Maid Dragon, Made in Abyss, LWA, ACCA, Kuzu no Honkai, Houseki no Kuni, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Inuyashiki
2018: Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, Yuru Camp, Violet, Darling, Pop team epic, Hinamatsuri, High Score Girl, Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru, Yagate Kimi ni Naru, Hataraku Saibou

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Happy Sugar Life - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.38_[2018.09.29_23.49.45].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Madoka foreshadowed it from the very first scene
I know. But I only noticed that in retrospect.
>it was nowhere near a new concept
It was more a concept that never really got enough attention before Madoka. Narutaru tried something similar but it was ignored. Elfen Lied is arguably similar too, but it lacked Madoka's execution.

And you're in denial that moe slice of life anime wasn't transformed into things like Love Live!, Made in Abyss, etc. At that time, most moeblob shows were like K-on and before that you had magical girl shows like Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Madoka juxtaposed significantly from that sort of moe animation, adding this thick layer of nightmare to it both narrative wise and visually.
In fact, I felt reminded of some of the darker weird moments of Rozen Maiden.

Of course, a filthy false witch like you would never understand.
Though you raise a point with Umineko and Higurashi, though both of these never had anime adaptations.

Attached: battler.jpg (641x478, 62K)

Attached: Ping Pong The Animation.jpg (750x940, 197K)

You missed out. The director tried to hype his show, calling it a saviour of anime or something and the show was so boring and flopped so hard that it's dvd (blu-ray?) sell count was used an increment of measurement for anime for some time.

>Mayoiga
People though it is going to be another Another, trainwreck that is so bad that it is actually good, or for some trashy horror. Shitposting was fun and the crazy theories anons made were so much better then the fucking nothing we got at the end.
>Glasslip
We were waiting another Nagi no Asukara, love triangles and drama and wanting to cum inside the fat tuna, but it was fucking nothing again and it seemed the show lost its own point it wanted to make so everything felt undercooked and pointless.
>Hand Shakers
I dropped it on episode two. Those filters and direction made my eyes hurt.

>Shinsekai yori (still the best and complex worldbuilding I've ever seen in the anime)
You know it's adapted from a novel, right?

>It was more a concept that never really got enough attention before Madoka.
Bro, do you even Utena? Eva also pretends to be a mecha show for god knows how many episodes.

you are incompetent

Attached: shkannon.jpg (2244x1240, 1.28M)

This guy? I remember all the memes, didn't know it crashed and burned. Fucking hilarious.

Attached: 1464796317489.jpg (400x311, 76K)

Animes of the year (my personelle opinion):

2010: Katanagatari
2011: Steins;Gate
2012: Sword Art Online
2013: Free!
2014: No Game No Life
2015: Himouto! Umaru-chan
2016: Konosuba
2017: Eromanga Sensei
2018: Darling in the Franxx
2019: [None yet]

Umaru was fun. Seems to have been popular with women.

>2018: Darling in the Franxx
You mean wasted opportunity of the year?

Anime of the decade will be eromanga sensei

How did you not know about "the fractale" measurement increment?
People were comparing the failures of each show in "fractale" units.

It was like 796 DVDs or something.

>You know it's adapted from a novel, right?
Yep, I'd love to see more novels adapted into anime. Also the worldbuilding was very nice there even by Yea Forums standards

based

Probably checked out of Yea Forums for an extended period.

Violet Evergarden

Attached: thumb-1920-896276.jpg (1920x1200, 207K)

Ah, a fellow patrician.

Evergarden is better than Madoka from an production/artistic standpoint.

I had a pic but I also didn't use a condom for some interesting leaks.

Reminder that this decade is 2011-2020 not 2010-2019

Isn't it obvious?

Attached: Rem59.jpg (700x575, 79K)

Tatami is at least as good as any other anime from this decade, but it's idiosyncratic enough I'm not sure it even belongs in this category.

>doesn't know what up to means
A decade is 10 years you cretin. That's jan 2010 - jan 2020.

So obvious bro. Nothing compares to Rem:Zero

Attached: Rem158.jpg (168x168, 8K)

It didn't make any impact on trends and industry

One Punch Man if you're not an anime snob.

Well, i mean it's not exactly easy to copy.

Attached: 98327124923752.png (350x407, 67K)

>2015
>not Kimi no na wa

I disagree, I think Netflix, etc is the future of all TV shows unfortunately.
VEG made no impact on Yea Forums because the shilling was noticeable.

Reminder that you're a moron.

absolutely BASED

Attached: Rem151.png (874x1240, 479K)

meduka meguca

Attached: 1552088669364.jpg (1920x1080, 1.91M)

VEG is all style no substance.

A pretty wrapper with nothing inside.

I don't think there's any sane argument for any show other than meguca.

Attached: pmmm_0849.jpg (1600x1200, 1.03M)

It has plenty of substance actually so fuck off with your buzzword.

Astronomically based

Attached: 1558240753911.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Steins;Gate

Violet Evergarden is a show for intellectuals. One that you must actively engage with in order to truly appreciate.

Jesus christ it should be illegal to have taste this bad

Clearly not is you look at the thread madoshill.
The biggest blight will be trying to have discussion about it while the megusperg crew pushes their narrative.

K-ON!!

Mayoiga wasn't even good as a trainwreck. It was boring shit where absolutely nothing happened. Characters were shit, story was not existent, animation was terrible, there was literally nothing good about it.

>and 2020

By that logic SAO should be AOTD since it was far more influential on trends than Madoka.

What you people even like in this movie so much? Very little character development, forced drama by some supernatural shit.
Le swapped bodies gotta play with boobies xdd whoops meteor gotta Save the willage cause i somehow can travel time XD oh shit haha cant remember anything for some reason now!!!!
Koe no katachi was better.

Yes. And?

Worst popular anime list?

So One Punch Man if you have no taste.

This. It's an anime for the "look at the pretty frames" crowd.

SSSS.Gridman.

Really?
What is it about?
I bet you can't answer that.

1st season? Sure.

Overall? Ehhh... Nah.

SAO is terrible and so is Madoka.

First half of SAO was just fine, that's why people liked it, die mad about it

Koe no Katachi was just as bad. Bad adaption with tryhard direction, godawful pacing and too many characters of an already mediocre manga plagued by unsufferable melodrama and a terrible cast.

Why did they redesign their logo when the original already had the English name clearly visible in it? Did /gd/ trick them again or do they seriously think they can trick people into thinking their anime figures are American products if they get rid of the runes?

>sleep inducing yuribait
>filled with cheap cgshit
>hardly animated

Attached: 12098389082439424.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

I had to drop after ep. 1 because it was so fucking bad.

Ah, the show that almost made FranXX seem tolerable by comparison.
No.

The character interaction is so awkward and stilted. Which is even worse considering there is already very little characterization to begin with.

It's sad feeling porn.

Kaiji

I also just watched the BD first time since airing, I actually thought it was pretty meh the first time around... This time I thoroughly enjoyed it.

How can anyone vote for Madoka when Kyousou Giga exists and is objectively superior by every possible metric?

No. The decade is January 1st 2010 0:00 until December 31st 2019 23:59

Kusonigga is an ugly clusterfuck of dogshit that could never dream of comparing to madoka.

I guess I probably wouldn't say it was the best anime of the decade, but I think it was worth mentioning and noone ever seems to.

Attached: koto1.webm (640x360, 2.4M)

Nighthawk Star, Baja's Studio, or Future Diary.

Attached: 3x3anime.png (1365x920, 1.27M)

That's what i meant, obviously. it is up to 00 on 2020. that's what upto means

Just here to remind people

Attached: Katanagatari.full.556676.jpg (2560x1600, 1.55M)

I like Kyousougiga more than Madoka but there is no reason to compare them as they are barely similar at all.

The oxford dictionary defines "up to" as "Indicating a maximum amount."
Which basically means it "includes" that "maximum amount"

However, this decade does not include Jan 1st 2020 0:00

Evergarden is quite unique so it can't be briefly summed up. It's a, sort of, coming of age story about a broken girl with PTSD trying to understand the meaning of the words her Major once told her. Also her recovery and how she learns to understand emotion better, through the various experiences of other people she meets. At the beginning she's seemingly emotionless and cares for nothing but the Major, by the end she's a lot more human, empathetic and able to stand on her own two feet and live for herself.(no longer requiring orders) The format of the show is episodic and Violet has mechanical limbs which make for interesting scenarios too.(considering the late Victorian setting). This is without getting into even basic detail, e.g about the episodic stories and presentation.

english.stackexchange.com/questions/178743/is-up-to-inclusive-or-exclusive

Holy shit I forgot about fucking Yamato.

Attached: Yamato Girls. jpg.jpg (800x579, 93K)

>ctrl+f Oreimo
>4 results
4 Anonymous have seen the light, 2010s belong to Oreimo.

Attached: 1455055809187.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

The 20's will be the decade of HunterxHunter

What has a continuation been hinted or something?

Oh well, i'm really convinced now. Some guy named Drew said that some people use it as "not inclusive" in certain contexts.

That really beats the definition of the freaking Oxford dictionary

Maximum Autism

Attached: derpaonna.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Wow, that's a cute anime girl *huff huff huff* what's her name? does she have a boyfriend? You're still wrong btw

>ltierally defending SAO
the state of megucafags

youtube.com/watch?v=irqFRZqptWg

Psycho Pass or Steins Gate

Attached: 41995l.jpg (329x450, 34K)

>Sword art online
Alright, I laughed.

Everyone already knows that. You didn't show what it does that isn't done by 99.99% of all anime.
There's nothing unique about the premise or the basic storyline, if there's anything interesting it has to be more hidden.

The Chinese are more likely to have an influence on anime than westerners ever will. They hold the record of more companies in anime production committees than any other country. Just look at western "controversies" like Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero, they basically amounted to nothing, but China complained about that one WW2 parallels isekai once and it got cancelled.

How, exactly?

FINDS

Kyousou whatga?

Some ugly shitshow. That poster has mental illness.

>There's nothing unique about the premise or the basic storyline
That certainly isn't the case. The way violet learns, through the experiences of others, is unique.

>You didn't show what it does that isn't done by 99.99% of all anime.
The grandeur, style and expressiveness that it's delivered with is something you see nowhere else in tv anime. This is undeniable. I recall moments like the flashback and end of ep5 or the weeping client on ep2 where her entire body was animated instead of just the face or mouth.

>if there's anything interesting it has to be more hidden
There's plenty of subtle attention to detail and symbolism throughout the series to flesh it all out more and give it more substance and character.

Attached: Iris Characterization.png (3840x1080, 3.76M)

Holy shit how can someone's taste be this shit.

>not liking Space Dandy
cringe

Attached: 1674433_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_4e83e90b-d07b-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 2.27M)

The problem here is that it's not that PingPong is the best thing ever, it's just that decent non-bishoujo or edgeshit seinen very rarely get anime since that demographic doesn't watch anime. And when something's so big the animu crowd can't ignore it and it does get an anime, there's a chance the anime dumb it down into a shell of the source material like they did in Parasyte.

>future diary
I liked and all, but no way in hell it's the best of the decade.

One of these, with the caveat that Haibane is ineligible (and the best Hidamari Sketch season aired in 2008)

Attached: 3x3.jpg (900x900, 262K)

More the manga of decade, the anime adaptation is nowhere near to the greatness of isayama's writting.

>SAO
>Umaru
>Eromanga

Anime is a mistake for a reason, user.

Attached: 1455958101787.jpg (960x800, 127K)

>ctrl+f
>no Jojo

HAHAHAHA GET FUCKIN REAL NIGGERS

Attached: DEAN.png (582x726, 112K)

You know it's true.

Attached: na74-dw.png (677x381, 569K)

Don't bully the hamster

wow, vegfags are severely deluded.
and i thought triggerniggers are bad, but at least they have the decency not to pretend klk is aotd.

Attached: 0c2d312dd61f3bb6ed043be64a3dae3f00e34261v2_00.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Madoka obviously

cringe

Violet Evergarden is the most impressive tv anime production of all time. It should be Anime of the Decade by default.

Attached: 109342384385494.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Not even close

Attached: 056E34A3-13F0-4130-A60C-3E585EDE8D8D.jpg (1602x2020, 2.37M)

Attached: 29178439143538943.png (558x491, 197K)

It was Girls Und Panzer. That's why they're still making more.

NBD, everyone go home.

Attached: 1557485597172.gif (427x720, 300K)

Attached: irozuku.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

This but unironically

Attached: 1549624670392.png (1284x723, 964K)

Violet Evergarden for sure.

I disagree with him and still think it's a better option than half of this thread

>He doesn't think the best anime of the decade is Kaguya-sama

Attached: af6.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

the ip count doesn't go up... strange

Half the thread is meguca so you're wrong.

I want to fuck her desu

It did though you troll and here's a new ip from a lurker. I also think it's anime of the decade.

lurk more

Evergarden definitely.

based

Been here for ever 10 years. You lurk more, dumb newfag.

I want to eat your pancreas is way better than your name ;)

It's easily Violet Evergarden

Attached: violetevergarden.png (640x360, 101K)

>sudden influx of veg baitposting
>they are all different people
>an underage faggot lurked for 10 years and watched every single post in this thread to see if the ip count increases
>mommy look i post le funny jokes
nice narrative kid, now do us a favor and

Underrated post.

Violet Evergarden because is legitimately amazing and because of how much it triggers mentally ill autists.

Attached: 1555434872953.png (457x645, 138K)

Evergarden is Anime of the Decade! The visual story telling was honestly amazing.

Take my IP Bioretto.

Attached: 1527886801176.png (372x388, 265K)

> Now that the dust has settled
Not really, Yea Forums can't even agree on anime of the 00s.

Why do Madokafags go on and on about how their show deserves AOTD for the influence it had?
The impact Madoka had on the industry is literally fucking nothing compared to what SAO had. If you want to judge AOTD on this criteria, it's not even close.

Attached: 1555053954725.jpg (1280x720, 338K)

Violet Evergarden, not even a contest.

Medabots Millenium will be AOTS and probably AOTD

i fucking cant's stand it but it's easily Attack on Titan

It's Dragon Ball Super.

Spics, Frogs and Russians streamed the final episode of the tournament of power in public places for the masses of smelly fanboys to come out from their mancaves.

It's forgotten because it had no plot

Too many anime adaptations have been cheap and suffered from their designs being oversimplified for animation. Reminder that Violet Evergarden proved that things like VNs which have very elaborate and detailed styles can be animated faithfully for TV Anime. It deserves Anime of the Decade for that.

Attached: Why Evergarden is AOTD.jpg (2560x1440, 2.26M)

DBS is so soulless.. I tried watching it, but everything was so predictable, boring, lifeless.. I found myself skipping ahead minutes at a time in episodes, just trying to get to the part where it finally gets good. But it never happened. So eventually I stopped watching.

Attached: a8d3d9d.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

this guy was right

>mommy look i post from every computer in school

Fucking this. Top right is a travesty. They butchered the style and turned it into moeshit. Massively cutting down on line-count, shading, removing the nose to make it easier to animate and drawing the reflection rings like fucking generic arcs.

That's what happens when people are retarded enough to reply to the spammer.

>that one insane spammer is anally devastated by people liking Evergarden again
Came here to say i like Violet Evergarden and that it deserves Anime of the Decade more than anything.

Couldn't agree more.

Yea. People need to stop giving the crazy Evergarden hater (You)s.

Plot wise it's Madoka, Production wise it's Evergarden.

/thread

Probably this. And yeah, Madoka is garbage.

Jojo, there's no competition

Attached: Sneedstarcrusaders.png (1225x921, 2.32M)

I can agree with this.

Fair enough.

Holy shit, your taste is so awful if we were in an anime together you'd be my archnemesis

This sums up the 2010s. Shame we didn't get a show with both.

How come when the VEGfag comes all the other VEGfags come with him? Is him just one person or do they have some sort of discord to move on group?

>autist is back again
Stop spamming. I just said Violet Evergarden to piss you off.

>Is him just one person
Duh.

it's plain bad anyway

>all the delusional VEG shitposting
I didn't think you guys were this eager to be a laughing stock.

I like Violet Evergarden. Does that make you angry?

Attached: 81294957842375894358.png (689x720, 577K)

literally the same overhyped bullshit trash

So you haven't been year in last 2 years?

HOLY SHIT. Stop fucking spamming you obsessed retard.

K-ON season 2 takes the cake for me

Attached: The best photo in existence.gif (500x495, 833K)

At least Evergarden fans make actual logical arguments as to why that show deserves anime of the decade. Unlike KHK who just irrationally hates it.

>takes the cake
kek

i like violet evergarden and you can't stop me from liking it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No, I knew they were spergs, but just not quite this delusional.

overall why was this decade so shit for both manga and anime

It's a tough choice between Evergarden and Madoka. I think i'll go with Madoka. It really boils down to what you care about more though, story or audiovisual quality.

Because you're blinded by nostalgia.

Violet Evergarden

>nostalgiatard boogeyman

I think I would've enjoyed this decade a lot more if I was actually still a teenager during this decade. There's a lot of good teen focused shows in characters and sadly the youthfulness they bring on screen doesn't resonate with me anymore as much as they used to in the 2000s.

>"wah wah why is everything so shit now it all used to be 10/10 before!!!"
sure thing, old man

Pretty much.

And Ano Hana!

And while I wouldn't put Idolmaster up there with most of the ones you listed, it was still a hit and a pretty good show too.

2011 was definitely filled with the best anime ever. Steins;Gate and Madoka alone make it a contender for that, but throwing in other very highly rated shows like Ano Hana, Usagi Drop, Chihayafuru, etc. makes it pretty easy. Penguindrum has mixed ratings as a piece of entertainment but is arguably a masterpiece too.

Fuck off with your stupid strawman, nigger. And i'm 19. Anti nostalgiatards have become extremely cancerous lately.

>Nichjou meme
Kyoani did way better shows recently like Hibike and Evergarden.

Yeah, you sounded like a 19 year old trying to seem old to me to begin with.

Evergasm obviously. Also hype for the movies!

t. patrician

Attached: x1080-LxD.jpg (2541x1080, 225K)

Saber's PTSD adventures featuring chromatic aberration and after effects overlays, of course.

Evergarden or GuP.

Attached: 092343938328432398432948232934.webm (852x480, 2.84M)

If you don't like Violet Evergarden, that's because you just haven't seen it and are more interested in being a contrarian attention seeker rather than intellectually honest

I actually think they are paid shills.
I used to be naive and think that Yea Forums doesn't have any shills. But I've seen enough over the years. Net Neutrality, the presedential election, Monster, etc.

VEG doesn't even have the best production of any KyoAni show.

Is the animated video series for that album aotd?

This.

I watched it. It was incredibly tedious, had a poorly-developed setting, and despite some laudable aspects of its production (sound design especially) the character designs are too detailed to translate well into animation and the cuts, lighting, and CGI usage are all bad. Maidragon unironically looks ten times better in addition to being better-written.

Why not? It's by far the most impressive, it has the best production values. The designs are so detailed that it makes even regular scenes a massive undertaking to animate. This is documented.

Attached: 19839842359432594382309.webm (704x396, 2.92M)

I laughed when one of the recurring visual highlights shown by several people in several threads was a scene of NotSaber skipping over the water or some shit, with cheap 5 minute Vegas leaves blowing and some extremely unfitting looking water under her.
At that point, I knew that the praise given to it was highly exaggerated.

Adding: There were two very good episodes (5 and 10) that could be solid 8/10s as standalone stories, but VEGtards can't seriously expect us to take "generic World War I setting except there's this teenage girl cyborg supersoldier and also rice fields for some reason" as anything other than a bad joke.

Well, it's clear that KyoAni has more than enough money to piss away, and this is not their first show that has a rabidly delusional fanbase lapping at their toes.

I still think the posts of that webm were a deep cover troll act. No one could think that looked good.
Oh look it's the other webm you post in every thread.

I actually do agree that Nichijou is painfully unfunny and not enjoyable at all, but you can't deny that a lot of people consider it to be the funniest anime ever, and it being so highly regarded, I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

I avoided Ano Hana because of the mixed reception on Yea Forums, but yeah, that's another one.
Also forgot about Hanasaku Iroha.
And if we add in other, less popular/ good anime, we get Level E, Tiger & Bunny and Gosick, and the terrible-reputation-but-huge-impact-mainstream-anime Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown and maybe Ao no Exorcist.
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee is another pretty neat anime, but may not be worth mentioning, I don't know.

>poorly-developed setting
You're being ironic right? The backgrounds are extremely fleshed out, this is peak visual storytelling.

Attached: 129308249328249235832.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

Sora yori. Dont even @ me

Attached: apfttu.jpg_large.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

>Oh look it's the other webm you post in every thread.
Oh look it's a schizo who thinks Yea Forums is one person and people can't repost webms. You also have no fucking argument as expected, dimwit.

I think the point is more that every VEGtard posts the same three WEBMs to oversell its visual greatness, and more often than not, they look janky and embarrassingly unfitting anyway.

Pure schlock.

Grand blue made me laugh the most. Guess ill say its that

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

You're mentally ill.

That's what I meant. I know there are several VEGtards but they all say and do the exact same things.

>MUH backgrounds that you can barely see anyway because of the shitty lighting
It's amazing how dense you people are. I was talking about the writing but you've never once even attempted to defend it.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Imagine unironically liking this horseshit over Madoka.

also
>@
Fuck off newfag.

>It's amazing how dense you people are. I was talking about the writing but you've never once even attempted to defend it.
>Evergarden hater outs himself as an immensely clueless retard
Is the concept of visual storytelling beyond you?

Okay, I know you're shitposting, because nobody over the age of 12 could ever be incapable of understanding what he meant by "setting" when the context is right there.

Is this your cope?
>"U-uhm.. its storytelling isn't garbage. V-VISUAL storytelling!"

Seethe more twat. It's the most consistently well animated show ever.

Attached: VE - 07 S1.webm (800x450, 2.47M)

Okay, I'll bite. What story does tell, and how does it make up for how poorly-written the entire military aspect of the anime is?

>no argument
>pretending to be someone else
I accept you concession.

It's one schizo

You appear to be the one seething, though.

VEGetables are genuinely the dumbest people on this board. Even the shounen spics are above them.

Kill yourself, your show will always be garbage

Kill yourself schizo.

>"e-everyone who attacks my favorite show is the same person!"
>"n-no all these people delusionally shilling for this show aren't the same person!"
Cope.

Yea. I can't believe he's still sperging out over people liking Evergarden, it's crazy.

case in point

It's difficult, but I have to disagree with that. Dragon Ball Super thread are a nuclear wasteland.
VEGfags are still dumb, though.

This. Fuck meguca.

Fuck off newfag

VEGfag kill yourself, you show will always be garbage not matter how much you shill it

If only a show had both, Yea Forums wouldn't be split in two right now.

Cute and funnypilled

Attached: euohonium.jpg (602x600, 156K)

No you kill yourself and stop projecting, spammer.

Wonder if being a KyoAni shill pays well. I can spam delusional tripe and post the same 3 WEBMs over and over again. It's easy.

Actually excellent taste.

It's Mayoiga.

Attached: 1552833698462.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

It was goblinslayer

Hyouka?

It doesn't have anything to do with the military aspect but it does flesh out the world more by adding more locations and depicting their current technological state.

Oh my god, you're right.

Okay, seriously asking for a moment: what makes Violet Evergarden good enough to be called Anime of the Decade for you? Or just a good anime in general?
With the exception of visuals.

The sound design is amazing and thorough too. I'd post examples but fucking sound doesn't work on this board.

As a viewing experience, nothing comes close to Samurai Flamenco.

>there's a house and some rice fields
>this is THE BRILLIANT PINNACLE of visual storytelling

Are you mentally ill?

Hang yourself brainlet.

Was it really that good? I passed it over because it looked and sounded retarded, but redpill me.

The sound design is move level as per the production values. Just at the begging of the first episode you realise the immense care put into the acoustics. The tone of Hodgins footsteps sounds higher in the narrow hallways as opposed to the large hall Violet is in.

When will you stop dodging any of the obvious criticisms of VEG's shitty writing and plot with
>MUH VISUAL STORYTELLING
>MUH SOUND DESIGN
>MUH SHITTY CGI WEBMS

It's not that good of an anime, even if it does some things very well. I'm not even anti-KyoAni (my favorite anime is K-ON!!), but I gave Violet Evergarden a chance and it wasn't good. Just admit it isn't a contender for AoTD and we can start the real debate.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Violet Evergarden. The storytelling is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of film theory most of the story will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Violet's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Jacques Derrida essays, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these backgrounds, to realise that they're not just beautiful- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Violet Evergarden truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Violet's existential catchphrase "What is love," which itself is a cryptic reference to Haddaway's epic What Is Love. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ishidate's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Pretty much nailed it about kyoanus shills in general

hxh (2011)

I can't decide on one.

2010 - Durarara
2011 - Madoka
2012 - Humanity Has Declined
2013 - Kill la Kill
2014 - Nisekoi
2015 - Punch Line
2016 - Flip Flappers
2017 - Princess Principal
2018 - Yuru Camp

The plot is literally told through the audiovisuals, the visuals being part of that.

>Just admit it isn't a contender for AoTD and we can start the real debate.
You just have a bad opinion.

Unironically this.

Episode 10 made me cry. No other piece of media has ever done that, period.(anime or otherwise)

So you're asking me to literally ignore the script?

>nisekoi

Attached: 1537386174753.jpg (536x572, 122K)

The script was good nigger. Yoshida is great and i'm sure she'll do a good job on Kimi to Nami ni Noretara too.

The ride never ends.

Attached: 1515609894565.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>The script was good nigger.
Then why haven't you even attempted to defend it?

What was supposedly so disastrously wrong with it then?

You couldn't at least say Shirobako, Ping Pong, or Space Dandy?

I deleted that because I forgot about Space Dandy. You got me.

Script was fantastic, just look at the scene with the Alberta at the end of ep5. Powerful and heartfelt.

The entire military background is inherently flawed; we're supposed to believe that a hyper-advanced cyborg supersoldier teenage girl exists in what is otherwise entirely a world of late 19th century technology and social mores. From the beginning it sets a tedious, melodramatic tone with "WHAT IS LOVE" and offers nothing to engage the viewer other than its audiovisual aspect. It's fucking boring.

I said before that that was one of two good episodes.

This thread needs more sakuga.

Attached: Killing all the haters ITT.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

>this bullshit again

>The entire military background is inherently flawed
It's not.

>we're supposed to believe that a hyper-advanced cyborg supersoldier teenage girl exists in what is otherwise entirely a world of late 19th century technology and social mores.
That's literally what makes this fiction and unique. That's what makes a story like this possible. I don't see people complaining about how fucking Hyakkimaru's prosthetics work in Dororo.

>and offers nothing to engage the viewer other than its audiovisual aspect
The sound design and characters are there if you're not a deaf and or heartless faggot.

Attached: 129489318908213890327943.webm (1440x810, 869K)

Fantasy/sci-fi works when the world makes sense by its own logic. VEG's setting fails that basic test.

It does not.

Going with Violet Evergarden.

What a dandy post.

not even AOTY

>Flip Flappers
You got this right at least.

Easily Violet Evergarden.

Good taste.

>Madoka
>Evergarden

Plotfags vs Productionfags THE THREAD

Attached: 102843292432932943.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Checkmate.

Attached: 1558160625395.png (1277x3517, 1.96M)

>Milky Holmes

Attached: madoka.jpg (4000x2715, 2.6M)

Violet Evergarden Ep5 alone has more impressive visual storytelling than any tv anime ever. It's the patrician Anime of the Decade.

Attached: 01437828479583454.png (572x571, 272K)

Stop it.

They're right though. Try responding with actual arguments like they are.

>they
It's one or two people.

>SnK AotD
>My Hero Academia AotD
>Hunter X Hunter AotD
>Violet Shittergarden AotD
>Meguca Maduka AotD
>Tatami Galaxy AotD
>Devilman Edgebaby AotD
>KyoAnus Shit #137 AotD
>Mob Psycho AotD
If anyone of you think this unironically please go kill yourself

Attached: wjbr1.gif (500x493, 631K)

I understand user. It must hurt knowing your favourite anime will never have production values like this.

Attached: Fate Action Done Right.webm (704x396, 2.55M)

Naruto Shippuden

>wojakposting
You're worse than any of them. What's your AOTD anyway?

WHY COULDN'T KYOANI HAVE ANIMATED OPM S2? IT'S NOT FAIR BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: gg_binbougami_ga_-_06_a03c4b86mkv_snapshot_1936_20120810_081300.jpg (1024x576, 128K)

Based braindead narutard.

Read but sloely this time
She is essentially a sci-fi being in a 1930-40 pseudo Europe and there is virtually no explanation as to who or what created her arms to be this way. There's no explanation on why the military is specifically using little girls in their military.

Its just shiny flashy mediocrity

Why'd it have to be JC Staff bros? Why are Kyoani wasting all this talent on a fucking drama?

Why am i not surprised anything VEG and its fanbase gets in contact with goes to shit, great thread

We already know who best anime girl is of this decade.

Attached: Dfah9rkXcAEW2kM~2.jpg (775x1200, 273K)

This looks so fucking goofy.

>There's no explanation on why the military is specifically using little girls in their military.
I see this is your first anime.

KyoAnifags are diseased.

This looks fucking glorious. Wish Kyoani would do more action instead of sol desu.

Violet wins again.

Again, stop projecting.

hibike euphonium obv

NGNL: Zero and nobody can change my mind.

>implying madokafags didn't shit it up first

>other anime do it so it's free space

it's shite bruh. effects and large structures were lazy 3d cg

I don't know about best, but these are the anime I liked the most:
>Shirobako
>Mushishi Zoku Shou
>Nichijou
>GochiUsa
>Steins;Gate
>Madoka
>Shinsekai Yori

Space Patrol Luluco

>Nichijou
Literally forced animation on a level with FLCL.

Attached: Shin_Sekai_Yori_Cover.jpg (640x960, 228K)

Madokafags are dumb, sometimes even autistic, but sincere.
VEGfags are just cancerous shitposters that try to make everything they touch shit.

Evergardenfags are also sincere.

>that try to make everything they touch shit
bullshit

Why the fuck is the worst garbage ever being spammed now? Got lost with this shit.

>closeted homo

Cope.

Evergarden. Nothing beats it's magnificent, aesthetic style. It's the ultimate eye candy and the true anime of the decade.

Attached: 1092908199083812438.gif (800x455, 427K)

Why do you speak about yourself in third person?

Oh, so you're genuinely this retarded.

Die schizo.

>every little crease and fold in the hair is visible
>fingers have a few lines alotted to them, no problem
Ha ha ha.

Best post in the thread.

Attached: l73jxd90s.png (622x641, 307K)

Haha how old are you snk fags?

Dead wrong, nigger.

The Fate series has been consistently great the whole decade. It has its roots in the deep dark bowels of the anime industry and therefore it weeds out the normie trash.

I say Fate is my AotD.

Attached: 1556199196824.webm (852x480, 2.65M)

And people actually think that is AoTD material.

How am I wrong? It's literally there to see with your own eyes.

Fingers have more than enough lines. Of course the fucking hair is going to be more detailed anyway, that's how it is for all anime.

No, it looks ridiculous. That's why you don't mix close up detail with fingers that looked like they were meant to be drawn for a character off in the background.
May as well put a realistic character in a cartoon setting.

>big budget means its good
>overly dramatic hallmark stories means its good
>little to no world building and unnecessary sci-fi elements means its good
>boring as fuck protagonist that is literally a walking tech-demo means its good
Violet is a shitty ripoff of Saber

You're over exaggerating.

Only because you wouldn't get the point without me grinding your face into it.

Legitimately the best style ever.

>big budget means its good
Yes tramp.

>unnecessary sci-fi elements means its good
>this fucking spam again
That's what fucking makes it unique and interesting. Watching how different people react to Violet's character. Like on episode 1 when she spills hot tea on her hand only to reveal it's mechanical.

Well, shit dude. What a masterpiece of storytelling.

>that is literally a walking tech-demo
>implying that's not great
The hair animation is more impressive than fucking Redline.

Attached: sakuga.webm (800x450, 1.04M)

The gimmick is fine if it were explained how or why she has those super advanced prosthetics. Like if we met another person like her or if the person who made her arms were a character. Instead its just sort of glossed over.

It it better explained in the novel?

>gay sarcasm
t. humongous faggot

Holy shit i think i just came. This looks ridiculously good.

It doesn't make her a good character and it doesn't enhance thr writing.

>marvel movies are deep, just look at those special effects

Too bad it's still a boring story with a boring character.

>seething
t. copefag

t. nigger

>The gimmick is fine if it were explained how or why she has those super advanced prosthetics.
Why is this even such a big deal with you? Not knowing is inconsequential and doesn't affect violet's story or the enjoyment of the show. In Death Note the Shinigami just exist and we never get an explanation on that but no one complains there.

>Not knowing is inconsequential
Those shit standards explain why you gobble this shit up so eagerly.

>huge gaping plot point that is never explained fully
>"why does this bother you"
Seriously?

It's so absurdly beautiful. I think i'm having an eyegasm.

Attached: 4303383_200x130.gif (500x281, 139K)

>In Death Note the Shinigami just exist and we never get an explanation on that but no one complains there.
There, the whole point is that Shinigami are supernatural beings.
Are you trying to claim that her prosthetics are magical? Created by some non-human entity or event?

>huge gaping plot point that is never explained fully
But it's not.

>Seriously?
Yes, faggot. No one makes this huge of a fuss over other shows.

Don't project your garbage standards onto others.

>Are you trying to claim that her prosthetics are magical? Created by some non-human entity or event?
That's just the way technology is. Fucking mech shows do this shit all the time, with their impossible time period technology.

While the inexplicably advanced compared to the setting robot arms are surely shit writing, I think that we can all agree that Violet's superpowers are even worse.

Those aren't "garbage standards". You just have mental illness. Dororo literally does the same thing but no one cares about that.

I don't think this handwaving and deflection is working out for you. It's making you look really silly.

No they're not. It's a fucking fantasy show for a reason. That's literally what fantasy is. It's not meant to make sense. Dumbass.
fantasy
/ˈfantəsi,ˈfantəzi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the faculty or activity of imagining impossible or improbable things.

What is it and VEGfags calling everyone who calls them out on eating shit mentally ill?
Is it projection?

I'm not defending Death Note, but they at least show us that the shinigami are things that are a natural part of the world by showing us other examples of that plot mechanic engaging other characters and aspects of the story. Violet could have had regular ass arms and it'd be the same effect

>Violet just inexplicably has robot arms deal with it

Obsessing over an insignificant and tiny detail doesn't make you smart, just autistic.

Attached: man of integrity.png (640x478, 431K)

>implying you plotafgs aren't the real shit eaters with your dogshit productions
Evergarden is the peak of this medium, kid.

And Transformers is the peak of filmmaking.

>Violet could have had regular ass arms and it'd be the same effect
No. Because the fact that she lost her arms affects how people react to her throughout the series like when Iris apologises to her on the train.

They are. Got a problem with that you shit eating fucking nigger?

kys

This. People are way more harsh on this show than other anime for some reason.

>violet evergarden is anime of the decade, no century with ease! N-no wait don't actually scrutinize it, just look at the pretty colors and the generic cynical tearjerking story of the autistic saber clone, guys!!!
Whahaha.

Stop fucking spamming already schizo. Nitpicking isn't scrutinising.

Violetchads just keep on winning!

Winning everyone's pity and/or disdain.

stfu

I guess confirms it. Evergarden is truly anime of the decade.

>seething because all his pseudo criticisms got BTFO