Why is the cyberpunk genre dead?

Why is the cyberpunk genre dead?

Attached: gits.webm (480x258, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_pop),
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It died because just like any Alternative genre once posers become a majority it becomes oversaturated and soulless

I fucking hate posers so much

Shitty games.

Because it became reality.

Because real life is Cyberpunk and turns out it's not cool as we were hoping.

The world and aesthetics cyberpunk promised didn't come to pass

It's not cyberpunk enough yet, god dammit.
You don't see me rolling down the street with rollerblades built into my feet or or retractable elbow blades, do you?

They were about the future, now we live in the future and don't have any of the cool stuff they said we'd have, so people lost interest

I mean we are almost there. The bad side of Cyberpunk, mainly intrusive monitoring, is definitely in full swing.

>tfw we got all the downsides of cyberpunk but none of the advantages like robowaifus

We're still very close.

Attached: CoarseUltimateAnemone-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 1.76M)

this.
Real life is nowhere near to actual cyberpunk yet. There's still a long way to go.

At this rate I'll be lucky if I live long enough for them to dump my brain in a jar so I can drive around some tin can they build for me.

because its really hard to capture that genre's atmosphere and draw it as well. Its a hard genre to make

Cyberpunk is to scifi, what dark and gritty fantasy is to high fantasy.

We are in a fantasy period, so it's just normal that scifi and therefore cyberpunk are not popular.

Sci-fi is fairly dead right now in general, and cyberpunk was only ever a niche under that umbrella.

Because real life is cyberpunk

it is possible to make an anime or manga so good but that doesn't attract plebs?

Attached: 1520071853163.jpg (1121x720, 285K)

logh

Neon is expensive, inefficient, and potentially dangerous, especially when compared to LED. The megacorps all chose stark white as their primary colors. The aristocracy are all shitposting memesters, wannabe politicians, or deliberately unknown. NIMBYs and environmentalists shut down tall buildings and urban sprawl.

Post-modern society is incapable of creating new cultural forms, we're still stuck by the imagination that the past created on their future. The materialism of capitalism will always yield more pleasurable, stimulating results, so we turn to nostalgia, this is called Hypnagogic pop (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic_pop), you can see it with the rise of vaporwave/80's references all the time, by companies, who are usually the subject of critiscism on Cyberpunk

Attached: 1529664910496.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

It was the future people thought we would live in, now here we are and nothing has really changed and has even become safer.

Attached: [Koharubi]_Sora_no_Manimani_-_01_[C7170CB].mkv_snapshot_08.35_[2019.02.04_22.47.37].jpg (1280x720, 92K)

We thought the future would be cool but the only real thing we got was buggy software with paid updates.

Attached: 1549393875366.png (704x400, 394K)

user, we are living in cyberpunk land.

We're all owned by a handful of megacorps
Super powerful and insane tech that you can't even fathom is already around us
We have cybernetics and genetic manipulation happening around us right now.
We have huge swaths of cyberized net connected filthy peasents and techno monks wondering around.

user, the only difference between us and those people in cyberpunk land is the shitty 80's inspired fashion and neon.

Oh and silly cybernetics that are just utterly fucking pointless and philosophically ridiculous nonsense.

Know what.
I want 80's makeup and clothes styles to come back. That shit was fucking awesome.

I'd rather other genres of scifi make a comeback. Retro futurism or diesel punk would be awesome.

>thread about anime genre
>bitchass nibba we live in a real life society lololol XD
no nibbas, it's all because nobody ain't gonna watch that shit which in turn the studio ain't gonna gain profit out of it
most anime watchers are normalfaggots who only consume shounenshit or human garbages who only watch otaku panderingshit