Fruits Basket Thread

New Episode Today

Attached: D7KGfS9UEAAspDu.jpg (600x338, 30K)

Hana-chan is gorgeous.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_11_56_[19.05.25.01.27.41].jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Reminder that cat wins the tohrubowl

Attached: 1556224758562.png (311x156, 85K)

Yes

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_10.25_[2019.05.24_14.18.38].jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Reminder that Tohru is cute.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.01_[2019.05.24_14.20.47].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Where's the dub at? I literally can't stand this show without it.

I mean, enjoying your nostalgic bias is fine and all. But step up your game like the rest of us that enjoy this regardless.

So what happens next? Somebody spoonfeed me please!

>watching dubs
>ever
go commit die

So is nobody watching this? That's kind of a bummer.

This is the state of 2019 Yea Forums

sad

I am, it's my AOTS. Even if I'm just an anime-only. I'm planning to read the manga so I stay away from the threads.
Sadly this show is obscured by the mainstream seasonal titles.

It's kind of funny. 10 years ago this would have probably been the biggest anime of the year, but now it's just another show. The original anime is almost 20 years old all that clout it used to have is kind of gone.

id rather have this kind of threads instead of having to deal with shitposters

Having the MC being such a mary sue is kinda offputting.
I'm still watching it though.

Is it due to change of popular taste? You mean, the audience ten years ago liked different types of stories?
Tbh, I think I enjoy the story even more now, over ten years later. There's just so much heart in this story. Sure, some things are a bit over the top and Tohru is too kind to be alive, but only now do I really appreciate her emotional strength and resiliency. (Ten years ago she just seemed plain to me)

I used to watch that show back when Gaia online was still a thing

I don't like seeing my waifu sad.

Attached: doggy's waifu.png (500x500, 165K)

Fruits Basket is the only few exceptions though.

There are no exceptions

i...uh....

is it 2003?
did i go back in time?
why aren't the fujo from my middle school days talking about this?

Time to watch it, let's see how the pacing goes. So far they're 1 episode behind DEEN but with the same content (without changes)

Only people above 25 are watching it, and as you know the current userbase of Yea Forums have between 10 and 20.

I would say that there are just more options out there now, especially for female fans, and that a lot of classics or shows that were popular in the early 00s aren't on the same level of popularity as they once were. Also much like Brotherhood in it's early days the show is retreading a lot of old ground right now and it won't be until it starts hitting original territory where people will start talking about it more.

Why is mouse so much better than cat?

Why is dog so much better than both mouse and cat?

>shitposter coming in 3...2...1

This episode was very weak imo. Too much forced shoujo drama over "how can we leave her alone in an empty house".

Both are great boys, don't bully.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 06 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00.20_[2019.05.10_15.08.36].jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Let the baiting game begin

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.50_[2019.05.24_18.45.59].jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Cat is pretty good, I don't dislike him at all, but Mouse is so much better.

Haru is Bi

ONE OF US

Attached: autism.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Would you a God?

Attached: waifu.jpg (660x520, 112K)

I know what you mean. Like the dub of Fruits Basket is the only dub I'll atch because it's so nostalgic.

I imagine like said most of the people who are watching this are in their mid to late 20s.

Don't get me wrong I like Haru and Rin as a couple... but I would have rather seen Haru end up with a dude instead... but that being said I like to think he and Rin still have regular mmf threesomes.

HaruRin is a god-tier ship though, it outranks even KyoTohru for me.

HaruRin > KyoTohru > YukiMachi > The rest >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shigure/Akito

Worst girl.

For me, its the Dog.

Attached: 8eecb697ddcd5d483b3941259c13f3b21247421479_large.png (200x208, 192K)

Worst boy.

No cause fucking a reverse trap is gay.

Why's it called Fruit Basket anyway?

Did you not watch episode 5 user? Its based on the "Fruits Basket" game Tohru played in her youth where she was dubbed the riceball and automatically disqualified from the game.

The title is meant to emphasize isolation and exclusion for being different.

Sourin is better

Attached: sarazanmai-manga.jpg (650x443, 54K)

Hey guys it's me, just wanted to say cat-cuck is cat shit and rat is perfect boy for Tohru. Have a great Memorial Day weekend everybody.

What the FUCK was his problem?

Attached: Shigure evil.png (1280x720, 620K)

It's love.

Cucked by a Cock

Attached: fruits-basket-459708.jpg (800x1307, 117K)

>Love

But why? His waifu is an abusive, screaming, vindictive bitch.

When I was young and first reading the series I used to like him because he was hot and had a troll sense of humor. I wanted him to pleasure my prostate.

>I wanted him to pleasure my prostate.
Shigure is for fresh lolis and old MILFs only.

Attached: Shigure_and_akito.jpg (745x1200, 86K)

This was a good episode, we finally got to see my waifu's feet.

Attached: Akito feet.gif (540x270, 1.63M)

>t. Shigure

any stitch?

Kyo and Yuki's "IMA SUGU" was kind of hype actually. Still, can't help but feel the manga/01 adaptation did it better as far as pacing the emotional beats. Don't get me wrong, this episode fleshed out the situation waaaaaaay more and added a lot more context for newfags but I can't help but feel as if delaying the emotional pay off of the sunrise scene made it lose some punch

It's exactly how it was in the manga. Wait until Kyo's sensei shows up. Then shit starts happening. I just hope they leave the 'Tohru's friends have to push her to chase after Kyo" bs the last anime fillered in.

>That next episode title card

I thought the mangaka was supposed to hate the queers, what's with the blatant gay-baiting?

i'm not feeling this at all. no no no.
To oh ru's voice acting is miles inferiour to the 2001 version.
the rat and cat, meh. just your typical ikemen voice that's indistinguishable, along with Sigure(Nakamura)
but To oh ru's voice acting irritates me. my my
and the pacing and directing is absolute shite.

Cant wait until we get to see Akito's "Waah I DIDN DU NUFFIN" rant

Tohru isn't a Mary Sue

Being worried leaving someone alone for the first holiday since her mother died isn't really forced drama

Never seen the original. How does 2019 compare to it?

Is there any nudity in this compared to the original? What's the point of the transformation gimmick otherwise

The pacing of this anime is just rough. The manga reads fine because you can just read at your own speed through the pages, but all this time spent fellating Tohru slows the whole thing to a crawl. Every fucking episode has to spend about 1/4th of the runtime fellating Tohru and it brings EVERYTHING to such a hard hault. The Soma's story isn't particularly strong, it's fairly arbitrary, but at least they each have a character, even if it's a shoujo stereotype- I would rather meet them and spend more time with their little family struggle than see Tohru for another fucking minute.

The direction and storyboarding makes it quite ham fisted in this episode, hence forced. Too many flashbacks, too.