Akira - 2021

Yup. Leonardo DiCaprio's live adaptation of Akira will come to theaters in 2021, exactly 2 years from now. Shooting has already begun.

Thoughts?

Attached: 1558716825239.jpg (1242x2103, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

otakumode.com/news/5a83d104a05fc3a04d0d02de/Sword-Art-Online-to-Get-a-Live-Action-Netflix-Series
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>first he triggered roasties by refusing to date women over 25
>now he's going to trigger western anime fans
Based Leo

It will be shit, like all the others. Why do they keep making this crap?

It will be shit, like all the others. Why do they keep making this crap?

Who cares. The original movie isn't good outside of its animation quality. If this movie is going back to the manga rather than just remaking the original movie it could be cool. I doubt it though. I'd be surprised if it ever comes out. I'm more interested in seeing what they're doing for the Gundam movie because I'm sure that'll be hilariously bad.

Whats the point in making these? They're horrible and most of the time they flop.

I only care about the soundtrack.

>shooting has already begun
>no word on the casting
I don't expect anything good. Early on he mentioned it would lift a lot from the manga instead of just going with new Hollywood shit or retreading the masterfully animated but equally poor summary from the 80's, but nothing Waititi directed make me believe he can tackle this.

How many failures does Jewood needs before realizing nobody really wants anime adaptation, especially of boomer-tier anime?

>bakagaijin-LA-adaptation 39 (thirtynine) years after the mango-release
can't make that up.

It's just another area to draw from so people don't need to make anything original. Just remake/readapt anime/manga from the past that people are likely to have forgotten or never heard of in the first place (at least in the case of the audience that goes to watch every capeshit movie) and you might strike gold at some point.

They couldn't even have it ready to release during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics? This is a failure on every conceivable level.

Because Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and they are grasping at straws to milk any and all possible franchise/brand from the past they can.

They might turn a profit off of this one, who knows. It’s just weird with Akira. I know a lot of people who watched it, but I don’t know anybody who really liked it enough that they’d be rushing to see it.

>boomer-tier

It's a shame that Nolan, George Miller or Denis couldn't be calling the shot
Sucked that they also missed the 2019 release date, this 2019 is almost the same but shittier anyway

>The original movie isn't good outside of its animation quality
Imagine believing this. It's not a masterpiece but it's not bad either.
I agree on the Gundam one but it's not like the original is some kind of masterpiece either.
Over Gundam, LOTGH and Macross I take Macross all day erry day, it's the only one who doesn't take itself too seriously while being mediocre.

I mean disney's doing the same with all the live action remakes nobody cares about. It feels like the big wigs in general just don't give a fuck anymore

Would you rather it be star filled or would you rather have it be no names?

There's not enough time. 1 year to film, 6 months for effects, and 6 months to advertise. They should've announced this shit way earlier.

>Because Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and they are grasping at straws to milk any and all possible franchise/brand from the past they can.
This, the only movies that are bringing money to Hollywood nowadays are capeshit and shitty remakes.

I expected to like Macross more than Gundam but I didn't. And Hollywood isn't making a Macross movie as far as I know so it doesn't matter anyway. I think a live action Gundam movie has more chances to be hilariously cheesy and over the top too compared to Macross.

>It will be shit, like all the others
What about Oldboy

So who is the white man who will play Tetsuo

When this and Your Name bomb will this cure Hollywood of their anime itch? Oh who am I kidding, movies are a money laundring scam anyway.

Gundam and Fate to me seems to be the easiest anime to adapt.
They are also still relevant, unlike 100% of the shit they are adapting.

>capeshit and shitty remakes.
That's just because that's all they produce. Those assholes are caught in a loop. They don't want to make "experimental" movies because they invest so much cash into them that a flop will hurt them severely so they want a "Sure thing." The reason why they spend so much cash is because its a substitute for actual movie making skills.

>I think a live action Gundam movie has more chances to be hilariously cheesy and over the top too compared to Macross.
Dude no. Did you even watch the original Macross? Roy Fucker and his salads or whatever it was, Bajeena guy, idol sluts, Green mommy dueling with knives etc.
It's an endless source of memes.
>Gundam
>relevant
When was the last Gundam anime that was a commercial success itself, instead of just the merchandising?
Fate is dumb garbage that resembles a fanfiction but nowadays we have stuff like King Arthur so even if normally I would say no chance that'd be good for a movie, they could probably shart out a Fate one, doesn't seem so impossible.

>Gundam
This. Gundam doesn't need to follow any particular setting. You just need big robots that look like fucking Gundams and have guys pilot them. And if that shitshow Pacific Rim was any indicator, people will go watch a giant robot movie even if its complete shit and spends a pathetic amount of time on actually fighting in the big robots.

Alita Battle Angel was a pretty decent faithful adaptation.

What the fuck is with the western live action adaptations lately? It's all very unnecessary.

Gundam is relevant because of the Name. Everyone has heard of Gundam. The actual shows and movies and what not that have been released recently are irrelevant. Only the weebs would know any of that shit and these movies are about taking weeb things and seeing if they're marketable to the larger populace.

>What about Oldboy
Peak incest kino. Park is the best active director.

Attached: The Handmaiden.720p.mkv_snapshot_01.44.28_[2018.11.17_12.13.20].png (1280x536, 1.11M)

>Gundam is relevant because of the Name. Everyone has heard of Gundam.
It's not really a good argument.
The same could be said about Death Note, GitS and Akira itself.
They are still irrelevant franchises nowadays.

>Having to do shitty live action animu adaptation in order to get funding for What We Do In The Shadows werewolf spinoff movie

I feel sorry for him

>Everyone has heard of Gundam
Stop a random person in the street and ask him if he does. He won't.

How many failures do you need before realizing that it's all money laundering in combination with ignorance?

Is there any news from the people who were interested on adapting SAO?

Hopefully they died in a plane crash.

Sir, i need a link of that

>It will be shit, like all the others
Watch more films.

>The same could be said about Death Note, GitS and Akira itself.
Because unlike those series, Gundam is is also relevant outside of its anime(s) especially in its merchandises like Transformers.

How do they adapt Fate with their semen mana?

Daily reminder that both Nurutu and Your Name are coming out soon. Thanks for listening to us, based Hollywood.

Attached: 1506586657968.png (1191x835, 2.17M)

DiCaprio himself.

The smart thing would be make up a brand new HGW.

That's unfair. Jim Cameron worked on it for years and wanted to make it a movie. It wasn't until he earned Hollywood enough money with Alien/Terminator/Titanic/Avatar that they gave him the money the produce the movie. But by then Hollywood already locked him up for Avatars 2-5.

If you think Alita was a good adaptation, think about how much better it could be if Cameron himself was directing it.

((They)) are afraid capeshit is going to run out in the near future so they try to force anime/manga adaption onto us thinking it will be the next gold mine. What they need is 1 kino thats adapted well and doesnt get "westernized" with a great producer.

wrong board, this is Yea Forums not JC is like a Targaryen, god flips a coin every time he makes a movie, which decides whether it is great or just inane.

They made Ready Player One instead

Its related to anime/manga
Like it or not, mods will allow it because its not against the rule
And you are not Moot, so go eat a big fat dick, user

Okay, so three parentheses is Jews. Who is it if it's only two parentheses?

Waititi has proven himself to be a good director.
We can hope.

Can't wait to stream on Hulu the fight between Brian and Jason to get the control of Wilfried, codename Akira, in Neo New-York.

>think about how much better it could be if Cameron himself was directing it.

thinking like this is a waste of time and unhealthy desu. it's better to focus on what did happen and what could happen rather than what didn't.

Bajeena guy is from the Gundam franchise, stupid. Go back to your shitty memes.

It's a dumbass who's trying to fit it.

Right, sorry. What was the name of that Zentradi undercover among the humans, then?

I HATE IT

Attached: 1557769332717.png (842x720, 473K)

>TERRYYYYYYYYY
>KAAAAAAAANE
Putting that aside, how much rap will there be in the soundtrack?

Big robots are not easy to do right in live action. How would Newtype hallucinations even work?

Isn't netflix doing that already?

otakumode.com/news/5a83d104a05fc3a04d0d02de/Sword-Art-Online-to-Get-a-Live-Action-Netflix-Series

Pacific Rim is dogshit but it made money and had a sequel due to China.

Gundam could also be dogshit, but it'll have a higher budget so it'll at least look better. China will prop it up.

Not gonna watch it, so really don't care.

Director said he's only casting teenage asians for the lead roles so at least it won't be a whitewashed production

hey, it's taika waititi, an actual great director. problem is, is akira supposed to be a comedy?