Why does the anime community hate edgelords so much? They can actually be really fun

Why does the anime community hate edgelords so much? They can actually be really fun.

Attached: avenger.jpg (1064x1600, 488K)

Because the non normalfags in the anime community are assholes that cant help but spread hate everywhere.

Suck my cock, fag

Because there aren't many ways to write an Edgelord
Its all the same shit. I'd rather have a interesting character instead of DAAAAAARRKKKNNNEEEESSSSSSS

No.

But what if the Darkness is Imprisoning Me
and All That I See is Absolute Horror?

You're edgelord #18935834670248562047682042346

There's nothing wrong with an edgelord character so long as they aren't treated as being deep or profound.

Normalfags hating "edginess" is ironic since Normalfags stole that term from the Punk Rock scene and drove it to the ground with poser ass shit in the 90's/00's after Grunge made being "Alternative" mainstream

They basically ruined a concept and then blame the concept itself rather than themselves

I am ok with this since it means less posers walking around in Hot Topic clothes pretending to be "deep"

>Because there aren't many ways to write an Edgelord
Are you kidding? There are all kinds of things a character can angst about. Maybe they're lonely or they've been betrayed or have anxieties. Also, being cynical and cold on the outside goes well with having a secret soft side. There are different kinds of things an edgelord can care about that conflicts with their demeanor.

Also, cynical characters complete the dynamic with other characters with different outlooks. The very reason this archetype is done a lot is because there's a lot of potential, which is a.good reason.

Attached: saikeangst.jpg (394x432, 42K)

Thats fine when a character is a 4-5 on the angst scale
But most writers have to throw it up to 9-10.

This. I enjoy edgelords when they unapologetic assholes rather than the author trying to make you care for them.

Their asshole ways do have to be funny in some way for it to work, though. See that spear guy from Kingdom, he's an unfunny asshole and the dullest character ever.

Edgelords can vary. Izaya Orihara is an edgelord, yet he is one of the most interesting anime characters I've ever seen. He is pulling so many strings which cause drama between others, as well as constantly pulling stunts of his own

never read this garbage but thats some edge

Don't be rude.

It's "Please come suck my cock, fag."

Hilariously, this is when Sasuke was still fairly level headed. Early Sasuke was like a tier 2 Edgelord can you could still like.
He gets much much much MUCH worse. Eventually evolving into a Tier 5 giga daemon level edgelord with no redeeming qualities and he got away with all sorts of shit because Naruto decided to forgive him.

Later Sasuke is debatable but what's so bad about the moment in the OP? In everyone else's lighthearted introductions Sasuke starts his dark monologue about how messed up he is which is an odd contrast as everyone just stares in silence. It's an amusing addition to the scene at the same time as adding intrigue to how he became this weird. I feel sorry for anyone who can't appreciate that.

he had his entire family murdered by his brother, pretty normal reaction

I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell

The best edgelords are the ones who get embarrassed easily and are fun to tease.

Attached: yukinasbrother.jpg (640x480, 60K)

nah the best edgelords are those that are played straight, pretty much the ultimate challenge for a writer to write an edgelord without them coming off as cringe, tryhard or a joke

Why did they ignore his third eye thing for the entire series after his first appearance?
It was Saiyan tails levels of "let's ignore that".

Araki forgot.

My foolish brother… If you want to kill me… curse me! Hate me! And live a long and unsightly life… Run away… run away… and cling to your pitiful life. And then some day, when you have the same eyes as I do, come before me.

Attached: itachi.jpg (834x469, 41K)

I want to put both of you on a cross. Disgusting and cringepilled

My response was clearly shitposting, you autist.

I get what you mean, but its later mentioned that protecting Yukina is why he got it in the first place and even further on they do face the guy who gave it to him.

What do you mean by hated, they are most of the times one of the most popular characters in their series.

If itachi was a good guy why did he spoke like that to his litle brother?

to give him motivation so he could get strong and protect himself

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Akame Ga Kill made me sick of them.

and it's make his brother a retard edgefest
genius my ass
good thing this nigger dont become hokage, or else shit's fucked

Is this a naruto thread in disguise?!!

Sasuke's the most entertaining character in that series though, only the most diehard self-inserters who need Naruto present at all times would disagree

>edgelords

Attached: vjacklikeme.jpg (595x340, 93K)