Why do people hate Wing?

Why do people hate Wing?

Attached: Mobile.Suit.Gundam.Wing.386497.jpg (436x640, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rodBIsXTfM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0z6OQhlRlY
youtube.com/watch?v=3jl64zgBsxE
gundam.fandom.com/wiki/New_Mobile_Report_Gundam_Wing:_Frozen_Teardrop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the main 5 characters sucked and were filled with spergelords.

I will say the opening was god level, truly a classic.

They think that being contrarian makes them look smart.

Watched 2 episodes, hated every single character, dropped.

Too much political BS.

Ask

Pretty boys with problems.

I don't understand how this shit was popular in the US

Full of faggy faggots doing faggy shit.

G Gundam is where it's at. Manly men fighting manly man battles.

Virgin Wing
vs
Chad G

Attached: DOMON1.jpg (256x192, 9K)

just wild beat communication rhythm emotion

>Gundam
>Too much political BS.

Attached: Only the shiggy know peace from this diggy.gif (250x250, 98K)

Attached: 1536121969270.webm (600x450, 2.95M)

>Power Ranger Gundams that never take damage.
>Said Power Ranger Gundams became too popular in the west before regular Gundam shows, ruining audiences expectations for what Gundam's were actually capable of, or the realism aspects of classic gundam. Wing pushed too far into "Super Robot" territory, before western audiences got to know Gundam as being a more Real-Robot series with some super elements sprinkled on top (newtypes, ect).
>Gundam Pilots constantly changing allegiances made them hollow characters with no real convictions or ideologies outside of the current moment/their feelings. (Clearly written by a woman)
>Main female character looks ugly as fuck on purpose so Fuji's don't get worried.
>Damaged the future of the Gundam Franchise in the West after it's airing, and only just in the last 10 or so years finally self corrected.

That all being said, I will say some nice things about Wing:

>Ballin OP and ED music
>GREAT Mobile Suit and Gundam Designs
>Main Villain has arguably better convictions than the main cast.
>The Best "Not-Char" in the entire franchise.
>The Best "Not-Gundam" to go toe to toe with a Gundam (Tallgeese)
>Satisfying Movie and Conclusion (until Frozen Teardrop, which I haven't read), plus great re-designs for kits.

I would probably hate Wing less if Original MSG and Zeta had come out in the 80s/Early 90s in the west to compete with Robotech/Macross, so people had been introduced to the original first, and not spoiled with beam-spamming never losing power ranger Wing Gundams.

Attached: Zechs.png (413x549, 246K)

popularity magnifies the intensity of opinions, even for mediocre shows that aren't quite great or horrible.

am i the only one who liked seed?

Just watched the first episode and died at this bit Is the rest of Wing this level of baffling? The rest of the Gundam crew introducing themselves by full name despite them not talking to anyone or how quickly Heero went from comatose to beating up everyone around him was great, but not for the reasons the show seemed to intend. Literally nothing about it worked (except for the suit designs) but in a fascinating way.

Gay fuckers wearing SKIN TIGHT suits
giving two shits about any women
caring about other men

G in the series might as well stood for GAY

G-Gundam is literally just a generic shonen show with Gundams in it.

Only Brainlet children think it's good.

There are serious baffling moments in Wing, along with the one you posted. Heero in general is capable of staggering levels of baffling, but Zechs has his fair share of 'wtf nigger?' moments later in the series.

>(Clearly written by a woman)
You're projecting enough there that you ought to get a job at a cinema. Some episodes had their scripts written by women, but series composition (ie, overall plot, what events happen in what episodes, etc) was done by a man.

I liked it when it was new and I was watching it week by week, but looking back at it now I'm not impressed.

Heero is the greatest Gundam, no anime in general, MC ever. Pic related is my favorite anime scene.

Attached: Gundam Wing21.png (720x540, 473K)

I'm watching wing right now, and outside of Heero being an absolute autistic madman, the main characters are completely disorganized and uninteresting. The villains are actually organized and have it together, and the meat of the show seems to be the Gundams 1-shotting Leos.
Overall, just wild beat.

I might have gotten the order of the anime and the manga adaptations mixed up over which came first.

The manga adaptations were written/drawn as pure Fujo-bait, essentially showing the series true colors.

Gundam series are pretty much all anime first, aren't they? The manga are basically all adaptations and spinoffs.

The action and the gundams are great, but the characters themselves are practically impossible to relate to on account of acting so bizarrely. They just spout ideals without seeming like humans, like the authors made them want to appear virtuous.

To be fair a lot of fighting/action shows from that era did this (it got the kid viewers, who just want to watch a classic good vs. evil battle and don't care about character development), but the characters here are just so autismo that it ruins any chance of enjoying it past adulthood.

Most of the time yeah. Some are LN's first.

Still hoping for that Blue Destiny OVA.

Attached: G Blue Destiny.jpg (800x1123, 129K)

The entire spectrum of human emotions in less than 40 seconds. Masterful.

Attached: Tomino_zpscc5c3c4f.jpg (800x600, 45K)

Yet Gundam was one of the early staples for adult otaku.

What a chad. You know that chick was soaking wet after that

Too erratic

Yeah but Amuro and even Kamille are at least relatably human. You never get a sense of the W pilots personalities outside of Duo because they just all stand around stoically half the time

It's has better writing than the vast majority of UC Gundam and The Tomino fanatics refuse to accept this reality so they tear it down

Also most of the people who hate it are deep down reactionaries who fear the idea that teens can change the world and do away with war forever.

Also, also Homophobia.

>Kamille is relatably human
If you mean I found him to be an insufferable shit that I wanted to punch then yeah, that is relatable.

UC Gundam deserved to bomb in America because it's boring and badly written, you deluded Tominio fag.

Just like normal asshole you can find anywhere.

Literally made for fangirls.

it became popular with not traditional gundam watchers. So, traditional gundam watchers hate it.

From rewatching the series, I remember a lot of it just sort of... jumping around and being inexplicable. I thought that I had missed episodes, as a kid, but no. It's just poorly put together.

Gundam was fucked because it was trying to preach an anti-war message in America in the immediate aftermath of 9/11

fuckk always gets me

Attached: laughingSunrise.png (677x483, 961K)

UCfags hate any gundam not set in UC. They're also the vocal minority.

All I remember is the massive amounts of stock footage, I've got that shot of heavyarms firing his gatling gun burned into my brain.

Toonami. For a lot of people, it was their second exposure to mecha. For even more, it was their first. Lack of context means they can't recognize the failings of Wing.

>the Gundam pilots other than Heero are horribly underdeveloped, one of them is literally a nameless nobody
>for every bit of nice animation, there's 10 times as much recycled
>most people are too dumb to appreciate the themes, which isn't helped by the very slow buildup that doesn't really take off until the second half of the show
>it isn't "Gundam"
With several major flaws, it's easy for a lot of people to find reason to hate it.

The Gundam designs were cool.

It was cool back then because of all the crazy twists and pseudoidealism perfect for my adolescent brain, and entertaining now for the nostalgia and ridiculous campiness. If you've got any friends who also watched it as a kid I recommend rewatching it together as a drinking game, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it as a serious watch.

What the fuck

What is the context here?

In short, she knows that he's a terrorist with a giant robot, but wants to get closer to him, and he wants to prevent her from telling anyone.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense.

Which is a shame, because America really fucking needed an anti-war message.

I can't relate to any of the characters or identify with their struggles. Everyone is cold, calculating, or stoic, which is the worst direction to take in a show that involves giant robots.

G Gundam succeeded because there was passion and emotion behind every words that came out the character's mouths.

I'm pretty sure that it had more to do with the original Gundam being dated as fuck. Who would want to watch something so old looking after their first introduction was wing?

The themes are the same as every other Gundam title. There's just no average joe being displaced by war giving the message. Everyone is either a politician, a mercenary, or a military personel.

I think it has some unique thematic elements due to Treize and Milliardo. Trying to end war by waging a war that no one would want to repeat and by unleashing a "new war" too terrible to repeat are interesting additions to the anti-war message. Especially if you consider that Milliardo might have known from the beginning that the White Fang's plan would be stopped, as Heero asks several times if the Epyon's Zero System is showing him the same thing as Wing Zero's. Treize adds a bit of depth with his glorification of the soldier's role in ending war by becoming a sacrifice to the greed and ambition of the people as a function of awakening them to the result of that folly.

Some of the Gundam pilots were clearly supposed to fill the role of "average joe." They just went way to far by making Trowa such a nobody and putting so little focus on Duo's backstory. The conceit of having a variety of Gundam pilots from different positions in society was a nice idea, but the execution faltered a bit.

That makes no sense. It's like engineering WWI to be so horrific that it prevents WWII.

And yet after "The Great War, the War to End War" the idea that a major war would never happen again was promoted. Treize and Milliardo aren't meant to be right or have perfect philosophies; their ideals are supposed to be considered alongside the views of other characters precisely because they represent actual historical notions. At the same time, you have to consider things like the Vietnam War where American anti-war sentiment was stoked by the increasing numbers of dead soldiers. You had anti-war idealists rallying against the war itself, but the true collapse of support for/tolerance of the war came about due to the deaths and maiming of our soldiers. Similarly, Milliardo's version of the White Fang plan (he didn't actually side with them, he just wanted to use their big gun to make a point) can be compared to the emergence of nuclear armaments and their effect in deterring wars.

i like it more than Gundam G.

>Anonymous ~

You cheeky cunt.

It had nothing to do with that. The Original Gundam series is supremely dated looking. Toonami could have gotten away with showing it earlier in the 90s when they were showing Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, and Macross, but not in the post 2000's when something like Cowboy Bebop with it's animation style was on.

Imagine if we had gotten Zeta, and the interesting parallels that could have been drawn between the Titans and the Department of Homeland Defense swallowing up the jurisdiction of all other agencies under one umbrella to keep down insurgency. Would have been hella interesting time.

Everytime I watch it I find something to new laugh about
>why were all the girls clapping

UC fanboys hate it and the OP Mechs

>Power Ranger Gundams that never take damage

So many things wrong with this comment but I’ll address this one. Episode ONE of wing. But hey, people can bash a whole series by not watching it.

ITT: Naruto and Pokemonfags try to into Gundam

Why the fuck they had to put all the pilots backstories on a side manga instead of the anime?

I love Trowa

He's dead though.

Those didn't work, though. Most importantly no war was fought under the intent of "ending war," it was always just hope that whatever atrocities that were happening would convince the world that war was bad. Even the Cold War resulted in a ton of proxy wars not directly fought by the US or the Soviets.
At least 00 had CB target those currently causing battle, "causing war to end war" is completely retarded even if we aren't meant to agree. It's a large enough logical leap that it turns the show into even more of a farce.

because is mediocre

I liked it because the Gundams looked cool and unique. Deathscythe was neat. The other gundam shows look like generic mecha.

Keep watching more than episode 1. The Gundams take on hordes of enemies and barely take a scratch most of the time.

It's not "causing war to end war," Treize and Milliardo developed their ideals in a world that was already endlessly engaging in war. Milliardo didn't start the White Fang rebellion, he accepted a leadership role because it was offered to him. Similarly, Treize had built his career on fighting in the conflicts that others were starting, presumably even before he came to the conclusion that soldiers had a duty to play out the bloodthirsty whims of the populace in order to exorcise that thirst. Treize acts as the leader starting a conflict in two instances, when he launches a coup that ostensibly brings peace to Earth and in response to the threat of the White Fang. It's not like Treize just goes around starting wars, his ideal is more that wars are an inevitable function of the ambitions of populaces which soldiers have a duty to fight in order to ultimately teach people the folly of starting wars.
This is part of the reason why they are contrasted against Relena, whose response to the world already filled with war is to tell everyone to just stop fighting. Their ideas are instead that the only way the fighting will end is when it is taken to its conclusion and the survivors are given the perspective to reflect on the cost. Calling these concepts completely retarded when they are drawn from direct real world parallels is childish in the extreme.

JUST WILD BEAT

Wing was my first show into gundam, and my way back into mecha anime.

Attached: __mazinkaiser_mazinkaiser_and_etc_drawn_by_taaburu__45673e8f2d8566b4ff705e8fd1851dac.png (700x525, 407K)

While wing was edgelord fest, I liked the gundam design.

Attached: __gundam_sandrock_gundam_wing_and_etc_drawn_by_hiropon_tasogare_no_puu__6c2da5e250f0d888aec09888142e (845x1000, 343K)

And girls with forked eyebrows is a turn on.

Attached: __dorothy_catalonia_gundam_wing_and_etc_drawn_by_curry_dbt__4d79497075751edcac6d3402be280ead.png (679x960, 303K)

I will never not find this funny holy shit. Heero and Relena were the only saving grace in that shitshow.

Attached: 1549896449108.png (650x581, 284K)

The immediate context is as states, but it is interesting to look back on the scene again after Heero's backstory is told. The full context is that he is actually a soft-hearted idealist who wants to scare her off from associating with him because he doesn't want her to put herself in harm's way. Unfortunately, his autism causes him to use a method that instead induces instant attraction because his assassin training failed to include the notion that treating women with contempt and cultivating an air of danger is exactly what they want.

>treating women with contempt and cultivating an air of danger is exactly what they want.
No wonder I'm single.

I don't.
I like them both.

>Coming from a board that lusts for traps and futacocks

What did he meme by this?

>Main female character looks ugly as fuck
Are you gay? All wing girls are hot as fuck.

You must be the gay one, because all the females are designed to pretty much look like men.

Unless you got confused and thought the pilots were all females, which is understandable.

Duo was best boy and had the best ending

Noin>Dorothy>Catherine>Mariemaia>Relena>Sally>Une

You forgot Hilde

Fuck, I had even written her in and then backspaced to add Mariemaia.
Mariemaia>Hilde>Relena

They all looked like guys that could stab you with their eyebrows

Seed was fine. SEED Destiny is what fucked everything up by trivializing literally all of the major plot points and characters of SEED.

They were congratulating the new boy for being worthy enough to be invited to Relena's birthday.

Sure did.

Attached: sapporo-317.jpg (1200x1600, 480K)

Attached: 1548643723564.jpg (800x1200, 184K)

SEED is really popular in Japan and SEA territories, and only really unpopular in the west.

>Kisama
>Omae

Attached: 1557278343096.jpg (143x207, 8K)

Multiple units are destroyed in the show, and the pilots are constantly shown repairing their mecha. One of the shows most iconic scenes is Duo talking to Heero while he tries to fix his mech due to all the damage it took in the previous battle.

>tfw the main antagonist has better characterization and motives than all five protagonists combined.

Attached: Treize.Khushrenada.full.419949.jpg (1861x2551, 1.5M)

i hated the chinese fucker

That's not how you spell Quatre.

Duo was a good guy but I always thought he was overrated especially since 1x4 was so hard to find since 1x2 eclipsed everything else.

Attached: Gundam Wing.jpg (750x600, 100K)

Im watching it currently and like it. Good saturday morning cartoon vibe with a decent story and involves the intracacies of politics. It's a nice show

Attached: Berserk - fuck.png (501x505, 339K)

Why? Wufei is pretty based.
youtube.com/watch?v=-rodBIsXTfM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0z6OQhlRlY
youtube.com/watch?v=3jl64zgBsxE

Was he pulling a Lelouch or am I just retarded?
I watched this when I was like 9 so I might have just been retarded.

Not that guy but for me (watching as a kid) he was the least-interesting character. Smug, preaching about JUSTICE, and getting his ass kicked unless he was fighting Lucrezia. His dynamic with Treize was only really interesting because Treize stole the whole show whenever he was on the screen.

The only other character I disliked about as much was Trowa and 90% of that was because his hair was fucking stupid.

>Heero ends up with Relena
>Duo shacks up with Hilde
>Trowa has Catherine, who is "totally just an older sister".
>Shenlong Altron is the only woman Wufei needs
Quatre was the only one of them who was actually gay

that was suppose to be comedy right ? it was directed by the same director of gintama

bad protags
mediocre animation
tons of reused animation

Gay characters
Hiro insane cause he saw a dog die
S T O C K F O O T A G E
Dumb politics
Plot that crawls forward for 50 episodes and I wanna die

I can see why you'd make the comparison, but I don't think it quite fits. The Zero Requiem was targeted at eliminating the reasons that conflicts were happening, namely imperialism and vengeance. Treize was a bit more fatalistic in his outlook, essentially believing that humanity would continue using war as a tool for ambition until enough soldiers were sacrificed that the taste for bloodshed was expunged, but not necessarily the ambitions which had driven wars. Treize also didn't try to become a figure whose death would put an end to anything so much as having been willing to put his life on the line due to his code of honor.

Milliardo's plot is closer to the Zero Requiem since he became a villain against whom everyone else could unite while showing the most fearsome potential of war. Plus he faked his death and eventually disappeared into the sunset with his waifu.

Duo should've been the MC

>Hating best bro Duo
How is it possible to have taste this shit?

I don't. It's quite fun.

Reused footage was basically a staple of all mecha shows until very recently. It's a valid complaint against mecha shows in general for that time, but not so much for an individual one. And the animation itself was not bad for a 50 episode show made in '95.

I will grant the slow plot though; the dynamic intro slowed to a crawl then meandered drunkenly through some basic philosophy points about human nature and war before the show runners tased it into submission for the finale.

Tominofags have no taste.

It was popular in Europe too.

Have you even watched the show?

Nope. Edgelord Hero was funny.

Duo becomes a deadbeat dad lmao

>Damaged the future of the Gundam Franchise in the West after it's airing, and only just in the last 10 or so years finally self corrected.
It was literally the only Gundam that did significantly well in the west.

SEED was meh. The first season is alright, but it's dragging so much. Destiny is good up to the point when it totally derails and becomes a sad mess of a show.

That describes all of Gundam tho.

This is my 2nd Gundam anime.
I'm at the part where heero fucks up his Gundam and borrows one to fight Zechs.
Idk not feeling it, I honestly thought it was gonna be school life + mechs.

My first was 0087 and I kinda got tired of the whole "Amuro stop being a fucking bitch and kill these robots."
Any other Gundam should I check out?
inb4 user has shit taste

>shit taste

(you)

Try Origin if you are into /ss/.

HAH called it.

Growing up with 29 sisters and a mostly absent father sealed his fate.

Why on earth would "going to school + mechs" be in any way interesting?

08th MS team was pretty good, but it suffers from being cut short and focusing too much on a forgettable romance. You can visit /m/ for the fuckhuge chart for a better idea of what you'd personally like though.

Why wouldn't it be? It's interesting to see stuff like Bokurano or stuff where kids have to shoulder the responsibility of adults and look in the face of death.

Attached: overkill.webm (960x720, 2.41M)

Did Heero actually end with her? The last scene I remember from it is her flying off on a plane and him leaving a teddy bear on her seat before vanishing into the crowd or something.

some episodes 13 years ago , barely remember a shit tho

>Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man after throwing him out of a plane

He's shown protecting her from the shadows. He's too autist to commit to a normal relationship but he will keep her safe as she pursues her goals.

If I remember correctly Frozen Teardrop does have them end up together but that shit's basically fanfiction.

Is Frozen Teardrop still planning, I heard it's been greenlit as a movie or OVA series.

Wufei hooked up with Sally Po

Kamille is a girl's name.

Attached: 61684.jpg (225x350, 32K)

Apparently it's been slowly released as a novel since 2010.

gundam.fandom.com/wiki/New_Mobile_Report_Gundam_Wing:_Frozen_Teardrop

Wouldn't mind a visual adaptation though since novels are far less likely to get translated than manga/anime.

t.women

lol how she open dat door by flexing her pussy mussle to poosh butten off remote controle in pussy
huehuehue