Is subaru retarded?

So I'm sure this has been discussed to death already, but I just got around to finishing the anime. Rem is literally perfect, why is he so focused on the elf slut? Mangafags, does the demon waifu still have a chance?

Attached: re-zero-starting-life-in-another-world-chapter-3-truth-of-zero-vol-5-manga.jpg (1200x1800, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KkEAGCqS!xoPEC1isMhJSjHFsEGOkTA
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/mobilebasic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no no no NO thos character is supposed to be LITERALLY ME
>why is he acting outside of what I would do
>stop stop this isnt how protagainsts are supposed to work I need to self insert no nooooooooooooo

This

You must be a complete retard to get in love with some bitch who literally killed you in an alternate reality. Team rem fucking sucks as much as narusaku.

I don't really follow this series, and only have a vague sense of what happens after the anime ends, but I thought there was a strong case for actual mind control.

The witch pulls him into this reality, gives him dark powers, places him within a few meters of Emilia, and he just happens to become obsessed with her as soon as he sees her? She clearly wants him to help her take the throne for some nefarious purpose.

I always thought that sort of twist would make the series much more interesting, since personally, I don't think the romance is very good, no matter which waifu you like. But mind control, and overcoming that creates an interesting mental conflict, and I'd probably start reading it if it went in that direction.

His savescumming power also curses him to be a retard for Elf.

*ahem*

Attached: emi_luv.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

>literally perfect
>kills people for no reason
>also a literal demon who enjoys war and murder

Yea Forums literally a bastion of "Why is the MC not LITERALLY ME?".

>ask girl to run away and start a new life with you
>she confesses her undying love and support to you in an insanely heartfelt speech
>"LMAO JK, IM SET ON THE BITCH WHO HATES ME"

She killed him once cause he was suspicious as all fuck. They definetly bonded together more than he did with the elf.

>boring and retarded
>perfect

You prefer the emotionally cold cat lady? Man Yea Forums has shit taste

Can someone post that really long image which screencaps Rem's whole speech.

Rem killed him twice. Would you love someone who killed you twice? lol

I'd also choose the kind, nurturing half-elf who helps lost children, gave me a home, and didn't brutally murder me.

Attached: 327204_s0.jpg (659x965, 42K)

Yea Forums sure has strange fetishes

Attached: rem.jpg (959x563, 78K)

god she's psychotic

what would happen if she stuck that up my ass

bloody prolapse, but she'd clean it up

Attached: prepare uranus.jpg (863x1000, 283K)

he gay for emilia

>rem is literally perfect
no

Attached: 1-5.jpg (1440x2560, 818K)

>Rem is literally perfect
>perfect
>A character entirely defined by her love for the protagonist is perfect
Didn't think being a virgin could ever get in the way of appreciating anime but here we are

Subaru is pathetic but at least he has better taste than you.

>mangafags
>manga
Fuck off and never post here again, retard

What?

>mangafags

She doesn't care about the MC, so yes, I do prefer her. Rem and Emilia are the worst female characters in the series because they fell in love with that absolute shitter.

It’s hilarious how blind people are to how far Emilia goes out of her way to help Subaru despite no obligation to do so.

>Saves him from 3 alley rats muggers
>Stays with him until he regains consciousness
>Let’s this out-of-world wayward begger tag along with her to help look for Felt even though it actually slows down her search
>let’s him leech off of her and stay at Roswaal’s mansion
>Notices when he’s stressed and puts his head on her lap to comfort him
>Let’s him accompany her to the castle where he preceeds to embarrass her

>Subaru then has the gall to say that Emilia owes him

Meanwhile Rem kills him twice simply because he smells bad. Emilia did literally nothing wrong. Why do people hate her?

Attached: D1B596E3-19DC-4609-8C6A-582996FCD402.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

I think he was purposefully written to be like that, so he'd be much more discussed than other more traditionally virtuous protagonists.
All publicity, even the bad kind, is still publicity, and Tappei knew that very well.
That's why he made the character and his decisions so controversial, so we could still have "I love Emilia" and other threads like that to this day.

Attached: 1556131317998.jpg (1280x1632, 524K)

Because they get their dick hard from Rem/Ram's design. Spend an a few hours arguing with a Rem fag and if you're competent enough you'll break him down until he says 'god I fucking hate Emilia's face'

Yeah I too thought it was leading to the obvious conclusion that Subaru was being manipulated the whole time but it kind of just ends and didn't make me interested in reading the source.

Attached: 1558643189867.jpg (800x787, 98K)

Because she's a boring Mary Sue pretending not to be one. She has no meat.

>Emilia did literally nothing wrong
Because she literally can't do anything wrong. The author worships the ground she walks on.

Because she's passive and pretty simple while Rem's inferiority complex gives her layers.
They're confusing entertaning character with viable partner, so they're mad Rem's not getting the dick

Attached: rz-s46-079.jpg (212x257, 18K)

>Why do people hate her?
let's see
>waifubait
>gets everything without doing anything
>actually retarded
>doesn't do anything but cry in a corner and gets rewarded for that
>muh equality
>owns a massmurderer pet that starts killing everyone for no fucking reason at all
>MC acts completely unreasonable and retarded because of her
>generic design
>ignorant
many reasons to hate her but what I hate the most is how she's getting special treatment without deserving it

Rem murdered him, very painfully, multiple times and he has serious PTSD.

He did that out of desperation to get away from the time line, he doesn't actually love her. We like to use autism a lot to make fun of people but that scene was pretty obvious about that and how Rem denied him because she also knew that.

>manga
Copy of the anime which cuts this scene
>[Rem: Say “I love you”…]
>Rem spilled these words out with a faint, frail voice while looking up at Subaru.
>In her vision which had become blurred by the swell of tears that gushed up, she saw Subaru shake his head. After that, Subaru brought his face close to her and said,
>[Subaru: I love you(suki da)]
>[———–]
>[Subaru: I love you(daisuki da). Isn’t that obvious…If you aren’t with me, I can’t live on…]
>It was his true feelings. If you were to say that this was when he spilled everything out, that wouldn’t be an exaggeration and would be an accurate statement. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t come this far. >If she were to disappear, he would not be able to live on.
>[Rem: Ahhh…I’m happy…]
>Accepting Subaru’s confession, Rem felt a tear alongside her closed eyes. Taking in Subaru’s words happily, her face quickly blushed. Soon after, it now really did seem that all power within her body had departed.
>[Subaru: Wait…]
>[Rem: I love you(aishiteimasu), Subaru-kun]
>[Subaru:Don’t fuck with me, stay by my side. You’re going to leave me with regrets again!?]
>Subaru could not bear to live in a near future where Rem would cease to exist. Along with knowing this fact since long ago, her existence still has become sooo much more important to him, compared to long ago. So,
>[Subaru: In the future where I talk while smiling, I need you…I don’t want this]
>[Rem: In that future, is it okay if I stay by your side?]
>[Subaru: ….Isn’t the answer obvious? I won’t let you go to anyone else’s side.]
>Wiping off her tears that were suspended on her eyelids, Subaru looked straight at Rem and said:
>[Subaru: You are mine. I won’t let anyone have you.]
>[Rem: Proposal accepted!]
Raw ncode.syosetu.com/n2267be/138/
WN Eng Version remonwater.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
LN Yen Press Version pastebin.com/XPWB6xPr

>he doesn't love her
get out animefag

>waifubait
jesus

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 922K)

just once speedwatcher and he doesn't even give a fuck so stop projecting

the author literally begs the audience to like her and shills her more than developing her, yeah I call that waifubait

>Mangafags

Yah Subaru is retarded, but so are you thus why you can self insert into him so easily.

I’m sick and tired of reminding people that Subaru canonically is supposed to be in love with Rem

It's been three years, cut me some slack.

Yet he still falls in love with her

fuck off, don't talk if you can't remember shit

Didn’t have room to quote you

See

He does love Rem, just not in the same way as Emilia. Anyways, I don't really care who subaru loves. Rem is still my waifu.

Attached: 1530031700574.gif (512x288, 1.7M)

wtf is wrong with emiliafags? first you tell others to stop self inserting and then you start talking about how Subaru would never love someone who murdered him even though that was never a point in the series and he even fall for Rem anyways? You guys are just as retarded as that boring elf slut

Yeah he doesn’t love her in the same way as Emilia because he doesn’t love Emilia

>Create a design that baits basement dwellers
>Create a personality that baits basement dwellers
>Make them not the main heroine
>Shill for the main heroine
>Merchandise, polls, forums are flooded with the waifubait you created
>Ohshit.jpeg
kys

>Emilia, Rem, Ram, and Betty are all shit

Attached: 9D4A3C98-2A40-44E1-A501-993297275437.jpg (1280x1418, 115K)

>people like her therefore she's waifubait

You need to chill and stop spamming LN user

You need to catch a fucking .45 slug and die

why are you so salty ?
ram is best girl anyway

Attached: d6c17e87-ad94-4988-8503-0b6b47d42a77.jpg (854x480, 52K)

Emilia is literally the worst of the Dragon priestesses

Attached: ABF7103A-238E-46A7-94BA-2AAACA17D9BF.jpg (2250x1500, 165K)

>Create a design that baits basement dwellers
>Create a personality that baits basement dwellers
>make her the main heroine
>don't develop her cause muh purity and innocence will be enough for retarded to like her
>develop a twin maid instead
>oh shit twin maid with generic design gets actually popular
>write maid out of story to give waifubait a chance
>people still like the comatose maid more after 3 years than the waifubait main heroine

>write maid out of story to give waifubait a chance
>gives the potato pivotal scenes anyway
>make the MC be madly in love with her
Doesn’t add up chief

>calls the chaarcter that killed the MC waifubait
>not the chaarcter that trust the MC immediatly and is over the top innocent and pure and wants peace and equality
yeah user Emilia is literally the "didn't do nothing wrong" character and that's why people don't like her, it's unrealistic and disgusting

>give her like 3 good scenes in over 300 chapters
>give waifubait like 30 of them
>it's too much so people still don't care for waifubait
it does add up

>not burger
why ?

Jesus, these fags have taken the bait.

Attached: file.png (1234x958, 212K)

>urban dictionary
Lmao get the fuck out

Does this trigger you?

Attached: 1529929068573.jpg (1050x731, 379K)

>fags are mad because someone called a character waifu bait and won't stop seething until everyone on the internet thinks like them

pathetic

Attached: kek.jpg (780x619, 60K)

>>give her like 3 good scenes
The pivotal “From Zero” esque scenes and like half a dozen scenes of Subaru gushing about how much she means to him. Rem’s scenes have impact and are memorable while Emilia could have a hundred named chapters and no one would remember them or probably actually read them

Yes it does, the same way I get “triggered” when someone takes off their pants and starts flinging poo when I’m trying to enjoy my meal at a restaurant.

where is the bait? If a character is likable than that character is just a likable character and not bait. Bait is something that looks good on the surface but in actuality is just bad like Emilia. The author shills her and calls her most majestic and heroic in 400 years without supporting that within the story.

Burger?

Don't tell me she's actually interesting in the LN ?

Attached: thisone.jpg (377x545, 29K)

If a character is likeable?
>Maid outfit
>Short stature
>Adorable/cute
>Good design
>Rides MC dick
>Not main heroine
>Not otaku bait
Her presence in the story is needed for MC to utilise her abilities but author could have cut her down from chapter 1, by either making her a boy or in love with someone else instead of making her fall for MC who is interested in someone else. If she were main heroine it would be fine, but when you put in this much for a side character while making your main heroine trash...yeah, not waifu bait. This is my last reply to you fags, wash your eyes-better yet, wash your brains.

Attached: file.png (1902x1400, 2.73M)

>Not otaku bait
You can't possibly think this.

Emilia is just so flavourless but the author tries to sell her as the new best thing ever. Obvious bait and retards buy it.

a good romance character =/= waifu bait

Fuck off animeonly

Subaru is supposed to be in love with Rem in the source material, more so than Emilia.

People don't love those that love them, they lose those they can't have.
>Subaru chases Emilia
>Rem chases Subaru

Subaru is in love with Rem pre anime LNs and in the WN.

that's just retarded and not true, love creates love

You don't have much life experience do you

I don't get it. Are you trying to point out a contradiction? Because there is none.

Since you are not an animeonly, can you show some proof for that statement besides that memery of "oy i'll let you be my secondary wife if Emilia allows me, oh and sorry but you are now in a coma"
Is there anything actually indicating that he loves Rem over Emilia?

how pretentious wtf, listen if someone really loves you and you can tell you'll start to like them back, it's only natural to like people who like you

>Is there anything actually indicating that he loves Rem over Emilia?
just compare how he acts when it's about Rem and how he acts when it comes to Emilia

Better than Emilia

Am first user, why would you even include me in this answer ? My point is, I don't give a fuck who's a waifu bait. I recognize Rem is a better character than Emilia, but I don't sperg at Emilia just because she's more of a side character. Besides, it's unknown if they're going to follow the LN or not, so why do you care if people treat the anime as a separate work ?
Your maniac keyboard warrior attitude is unwarranted. Group all your fucking answers in one post and stop spamming or go to reddit.

>hy is he so focused on the elf slut?
Because the author wants him to, the half-elf is literally designed after the author fetish

The Witch of Lust who passively takes the form of “the one you want to see most” is my go to. But I can elaborate, unlike Emilia Subaru actually needs Rem. He’s completely reliant on her as his support, he refuses to rely on anyone else or did as the LN tried changing that because it really sinks the Emiliaship. Subaru always turns to Rem for strength, I’ll just post a quote actually
>Rem imposter: “No, no no. Please listen, Subaru-kun! I, I was wrong. Just, I couldn't bear watching you in suffering... and so, I merely, I wanted you to forget the pain and rest for now, that was all!”
>Subaru: “I'll let you see my weakness. I'll let you see my frailty. I'll let you see that I'm a pathetic, worthless bastard. —But I'll never let you see me giving up.”
>Subaru is a hero, Rem had said.
>I will act being as Rem's hero, Natsuki Subaru had decided.
>Ever since they shared their promise, Subaru had resolved.
>—That in this world, this universe, the only time he could show his weakness, was when with Rem.
>When with the Rem who knew Subaru was weak, but even so believed in his efforts to act with strength, was the only time Subaru could go without hiding the fact he was weak.
>Not to Emilia, not to Beatrice, not to anyone else could he show it.
>The only person could a Subaru who needed to be strong show his weakness to was Rem.
>Subaru: “My weakness belongs to Rem. She hides all of my weakness, and in exchange even if I have to grapple it in tight, I'm not letting my surrender happen.”
>Rem imposter: “—”
>Subaru: “Fuck off, you fake. —Don't goddamn coddle me wearing my Rem's face and voice!”
>That firmly declared, Subaru jabs his fist out at Rem—at the imposter.
He doesn’t turn to Emilia or anyone else, only Rem. I’ll continue on my computer

She turned into Rem because Rem has been lost for a long time, of course he wants to see her the most when she's gone. Are you retarded?

>write Rem out of the story to give Emilia more spotlight
>have her do nothing for 80% of arc 4 and be surpassed by echidna and Beatrice in terms of writing
>have her become a literal damsel in distress in arc 5
>have her count stairs in arc 6 to pretend she has some sort of character quirk. Also have her give one of the worst speeches in the series.
>instantly give Rem a far better speech 3 chapters later
Is Tappei really that stupid or is he playing the longcon?

Attached: 4CA37B7A-C7F2-4312-8F74-95DB058A743A.jpg (460x488, 42K)

>long gone
it was just a couple of days

Still gone.

>She turned into Rem because Rem has been lost for a long time, of course he wants to see her the most when she's gone. Are you retarded?
Are you? Read the scene. There is no one else that would have appeared. I've finally found you again asshole, fucking replying 2 in the morning when humans are asleep.

>count stairs
What?

>this spin
The absolute state of emiliafags

Can the witch use her unseen hands to pleasure Subaru?

>Emilia is waifubait

Lmao oh yes, the girl which is nearly always sidelined during action and is crazily hated by so many people because she doesn’t just suck Subaru’s dick is waifubait, not the maid which is actually fucking waifu’d by everyone and their damn cousin.

Why are Remfags so delusional?

It makes sense to want to see someone who is gone. How is this difficult to understand?

It turns out that Emilia autistically counts stairs as she walks up them for fun. She also stacks rocks for fun, and brought it up in her fight with Gluttony, who seemed to reply using Rem's memories that she only ever did so to pass the time.

he killed himself instantly without any hasitation when he found Rem asleep and didn't give a fuck about saving Emilia

>described as “THE MOST HEROIC AND NOBLE GIRL IN 400 YEARS”
>not waifubait

Emilia sucks Subaru's dick all the time lately. It hasn't made her any better. She's been given a lot more scenes too.
>not the maid which is actually fucking waifu’d by everyone and their damn cousin.
Meido is fucking crazy. Maybe some people don't understand that.

listen brainlet, Emilia sucked Subaru's dick before anyone else but it had no development so people don't give a fuck, she gets sidelined because she's garbage with immense power but too retarded to even use it. Rem is popular because she does things that leave impact.

No, you dumbass. It's a classic scenario and all too common. People often fail to appreciate or notice the people who actually love them and chase some unattainable goal of love. Are you so completely devoid of intelligence that you've never read Great Expectations or Of Human Bondage?

Subaru and Rem's relationship is classic stuff. Rem devotes everything to Subaru while he chases another girl who probably doesn't even love him in that way. Rem sacrifices everything for Subaru and he in turn sacrifices everything for another. Yet, Subaru knows Rem loves him and actually exploits her love whenever he is weak or desperate. Then when he gets what he wants, he again chases after his unrequited love.

>Emilia is not waifubait because she's not that popular
>Rem is waifubait because she's popular
okay plebbitor Emilia isn't popular because she's boring and bland and a failure for a main heroine

Thanks, this is what i wanted to know, as it stands i can't stand generic one sided harem style love interests so I'm glad that Rem isn't treated like that in the story.
I'll be reading the Light Novels then.

I like the green haired girl. Is she best?

The LN tones down the Remance a little from the WN, but sadly I've been too lazy to translate the early chapters.

>For a Subaru who abandoned his life continuously and continuously to redo time, actual timespans held no meaning. By his soul's internal clock, a much more gargantuan span had passed since that voice had last made tremble his ears, his heart.

>???: “—Please wake up, Subaru-kun. I would be happy to see your face.”

>Words rain down from above as he lies face-down on the ground. The affection brimming in that voice, that passionate fondness, swiftly fill Subaru's heart with something warm. The parched, empty vessel what was his heart, permeates with heat. By just two sentences spoken by that gentle voice.

>—Just how much strength was it that she gave him?
Dude if this flew completely over your head then I don't know what to say.

>How is this difficult to understand?
It is very difficult to understand your point here. Who else would have appeared? Emilia? Subaru doesn't look at her anymore. Beatrice? Subaru refuses to rely on anyone else than Rem.

>Subaru is a hero, Rem had said. I will act being as Rem's hero, Natsuki Subaru had decided.
>Ever since they shared their promise, Subaru had resolved. —That in this world, this universe, the only time he could show his weakness, was when with Rem.
>When with the Rem who knew Subaru was weak, but even so believed in his efforts to act with strength, was the only time Subaru could go without hiding the fact he was weak. Not to Emilia, not to Beatrice, not to anyone else could he show it. The only person could a Subaru who needed to be strong show his weakness to was Rem.

Subaru is weak right now. Why would anyone else but the only person he'll show his weakness to appear?

the LN's post anime (8 and on) start conforming to the anime so it's really the WN you want which happens to be better since the editors can't get their mitts on it

Before she has her memories stolen, probably yes. Emilia never really develops as a leader. She's more a fighter than anything, and not one that needs to train because she's apparently just got good instinct and a ton of power.

Subaru appreciates Rem's love and trust. At one point it's the only thing that keeps him sane. He knows very well that he can't without her and even tells her when she fakes her death.

>Rem sacrifices everything for Subaru and he in turn sacrifices everything for another
Subaru doesn't sacrifice anything for Emilia, he doesn't even save her because he loves her but because Rem expects him to act in his best ways

she gets aids

Attached: Re_Zero_Volume_18_2.jpg (1443x2048, 622K)

Yes, she and her cat-eared husband are the best characters in the series.

Attached: Crusch-sama and Felix 198.png (1186x556, 1.42M)

Attached: felix in pain brings me joy.jpg (500x706, 84K)

>Subaru doesn't sacrifice anything for Emilia
Every single action he takes revolves around Emilia. Every conflict, every battle, every danger is linked to his devotion to Emilia.

I see thanks, i'll go with the Web Novel then.

Not post From Zero. Subaru stops being "Emilia's Knight" and transitions to "Rem's Hero". Ever since he started from zero in another world his ass has been property of the Rem Corps.

yeah they go to the tower of death because of Emilia, sure buddy

i've been writing up a guide in preparation of season two but here's an old copy pasta that's been floating around

>what are the differences between the WN and the LN?
The LN tones down characterization, foreshadowing, world building, straight up cuts content out, and past Vol 7 it takes influence from the anime which makes it cut way way more and drastically changes the structure of events. The WN is superior, except that it will never have official translations into english.

>wn fan translations
arc 1, none (LN 1)
arc 2, none (LN 2,3)
arc 3, none (LN 4,5,6,[7],8)
arc 4, the longest is the only one that is complete (LN 9...
arc 5, is about half way complete

Even though you have watched the anime, I'll still recommend you to read the LN to Vol 7, It actually isn't that bad as I made it seem (until vol 8) and you get most of the things the anime left out and also able to get a better perspective on Subaru's character which is vital.

LNs 1-7
mega.nz/#F!KkEAGCqS!xoPEC1isMhJSjHFsEGOkTA

most translations can be found here, its a little hard to use
docs.google.com/document/d/1_wOtTltdwZhHK0UKaV1AelPcA-K70SdWPcY3FTBJGnA/mobilebasic

If you want to jump to where the anime left off, start with Arc 4. I strongly advise you to start with user's interlude (the part you start with) because his doesn't skip a chapter like Translation Chicken. Translation Chicken's translations are higher quality and more polished than user's but he hasn't finished Arc 4 like user has. Start with user's interlude, then switch to Translation Chicken or just keep with user's like I do. Also user's translation gets way better the farther into the Arc because I guess they were learning as they went.

user's Arc 4 is 1600 pages and 660000 words.

forgot this vital part that I cannot stress enough

>Fuck translation chicken, fucking reddior translators skipped the Natsuki Rem chapter too. The first Natsuki Rem chapter is not apart of the extra What IF chapters. It’s meant to be read with the main “timeline”, that’s why it’s in the LN and on the WN page it doesn’t say “Re:Zero EX” like the other What IFs.
Seriously the stupid piece of shit skips a chapter, so all those readers directed to his site skip a chapter which I believe is vital to Subaru's suffering.

We're talking about Rem, not Yea Forums's collective waifu Esdeath

I don't see how any of those contradict.

Attached: 57859715_p0.png (650x601, 215K)

Attached: 74860882_p0.jpg (2896x4096, 448K)

well Rem doesn't enjoy war, she wants a peaceful life that's why she shows no mercy to the people who threaten her family and friends

If Subaru doesn't only love Emilia because of Satella fuckery then Tappei is a fucking hack.

>well Rem doesn't enjoy war
Dude. Rem regularly laughs, giggles, and smiles while killing shit. She enjoys it when no one is at risk. Rem likes killing and violence.

Attached: 58243360_p0.jpg (1080x1080, 1.07M)

no one enjoys war user, enjoying war means enjoying innocent people die. She likes violence and that's different than war.

A woman who enjoys killing enemies is a good thing though. You'd rather she invited the witchbeasts over to culturally enrich the village?

>focused on the elf slut
>does the demon waifu still have a chance?
Keep crying for your overrated mainstream, waifu-bait, toxic shit character of rem

Attached: Rem (1326).jpg (948x1200, 708K)

>generic design
>waifubait
How the fuck?

a unique design would mean something new and special and could backfire, a generic design is a safe bet

>purple pupils
>silver hair
>contender for the throne
Emilia is really just a really bad copy of Game of Thrones character Daenerys Targaryen

How can you bait anyone with a generic design?
And not sure if Ive seen any charavter with unique design get backfired before. Mind if you name a few?

The only way to redeem Emilia is have her go evil too

the design is just part of a character, a well known design that has never failed before is the safest option. If the author gave her anything unique some people might not like that and would go against her purpose as bait.

>emilia goes full hitler with the magic cat
>subaru has to put her down
>marries rem and there is peace in the world

Kino ending

>inb4 Emilia goes evil and start to kill the innocent people she tried to befriend the whole time
>Subaru kills her and stops her

Rem is easy af, zero merit. Emilia is a challenge, the path that any real man would follow.

Emilia is a character who has actually lost several character quirks in he editing process. Scenes which would have made her more popular, like beaning Subaru in the head when he was making an ass of himself. Just imagine how cathartic that'd have been in the anime. Emilia is nothing but safe moves.
Emilia isn't a challenge. She's just retarded and doesn't understand.

Well Emilia is mentally a 14 year old. Having an actual romantic relationship is impossible because she is too immature

>Emilia trusts you for no reason as long as you're nice to her, she'll even take you home
>have to earn Rem's trust first
yeah yeah challenge

STOP TALKING ABOUT SHIT GIRLS

ONLY PRISCILLA MATTERS

Attached: 131A5036-5B91-4D2C-B8FA-FD2667E98AF7.png (1280x720, 691K)

Wrong. Only Rem matters. The entire series is named after her speech

Attached: A7D4D933-A788-4A86-B508-FDB50AB6841F.jpg (1125x1500, 381K)

I’ll forgive your transgression if you beg

Attached: 116CF44D-3B19-457C-95D2-47BAEA35760D.jpg (1200x672, 108K)

Anime only pleb here, where can they go with Subaru's character development in the next season? His resolve seems to have been completely restored at the end of the first season, so I don't think they can break it down and build it up again.

Attached: v4D99CJ.gif (540x304, 1.69M)

I really don’t know, the LN cuts a lot of what Subaru goes through and the big scene where Subaru gets his resolve back after breaking down has less impact. He’s supposed to be nearing his breaking point at around what would be episode 2-3 but with the anime cuts and LN changes I have no idea.

>so I don't think they can break it down and build it up again.
All his resolve in the source material was from our lovely demon maid, which the anime tried to remove as much as possible so what the anime does sort of has no connection to the source material.

The anime makes his attitude look a lot healthier than it was in the original work. The LN changes to follow the anime a bit by not emphasizing just how fucked up he was to the same degree.

Subaru is emotionally dependent on Rem to the point of confessing his love and need for her, which the anime cut, with something resembling a suicide threat involved if she should die. With his thoughts including the delightful note that he means this, even if he wasn't guaranteed to return.

Tappei is a huge Emiliafag. He was never going to have his waifu lose.

>so I don't think they can break it down and build it up again
Getting assraped by rabbits will break any mans resolve. Also seeing the worlds where he dies fucks him up. But yeah the LN removed a lot of the suffering that he went through and makes the whole arc a lot less good

Attached: DAA0C4D9-644C-42CE-9109-ACF31310F960.png (885x1000, 629K)

>return on death
>not running around raping all the girls and then just dying to reset

Wasted opportunity

Attached: 28BA4894-ADDF-4379-B0E7-021E0101B0FE.jpg (618x619, 59K)

I love how this list will keep increasing when S2 starts airing. What a time to be alive.

The only girl he could realistically rape would be Petra. No other girl would be weak enough to be raped by him

>not trying to bugger the bowel hunter

Apply yourself

She likes to adorn herself with people’s intestines so she probably smells like ass. So use to it she won’t know she smells like a latrine.

But let me put it this way. By deemphasizing Rem, the anime has sort of neutered a large part of the psychological shit you'd have gotten in season 2. And the LN was edited to be an easier read for anime-onlies, so it's also been neutered to a degree.

Arc 4 for Subaru kind of revolves around the resolve that Rem left him, and how he approaches "being her hero", and his trauma for having lost her. The WN is great at showing all the complexes he's developed, but the LN half-asses it by cutting and changing a ton of shit. This is a common opinion among Nips as well, who think the atmosphere and characterization of LN Arc 4 isn't as good, though it does flow smoother. Some dropped the series because of how much changed.

The LN actually cuts a ton of very disturbing scenes in Arc 4.

Unless Subaru goes full dark lord mode, Elsa is not fucking him

Havent you read doujins? As soon as he starts secually assaulting them they will mind break and become a slave to his manhood

As expected of the mind of a child in the body of a teenager.

All the doujins I read Subaru becomes someone else’s slave

Attached: 955755C0-162F-4E31-B240-30A026B7FF61.jpg (490x700, 154K)

Are there any doujins where the witch shadow rapes Subaru while Rem and Emilia try to comfort him?

Attached: 990E215A-FBE9-43CE-BDFD-0615DBB9EF62.jpg (612x868, 161K)

Unfortunately no. Maybe season 2 we will get some envy doujins

There's one where she gives him a handjob while Rem's sucking his dick.

How can anyone hate this waifubait? Just look at her, so cute and gentle. She’s also pure, so pure she doesn’t even know about sex or love actually. She wants equality for all and she will stand up for her friends but only when Subaru is there, otherwise she does nothing and let’s everyone die.

Attached: DE93EE04-2F3A-49DA-82B3-2895F31295B5.jpg (1339x712, 204K)

Why would you post Rem while talking about Emilia?

I think the biggest problem with Emilia is the fact that she never suffers. It’s like she’s immune from any danger and will only die off screen if it comes to it. Rem,Ram,Beako,Julius,Garf, Crusch, Subaru, etc all suffer horribly through the series. It’s a shame that Tappei protects Emilia instead of giving her good scenes

Attached: D09ADA7A-CE96-471A-84EB-831D7C8CBD17.jpg (600x450, 65K)

>tags: Dark skin, dilf, bbm, lolicon, nakadashi, size difference

Attached: 2DDBEC56-8A9C-48F4-8B7F-58A7EB75BBC6.png (1280x720, 453K)

Does anyone else think Subaru is legitimately autistic?

That's not even it. Emilia's problem is that she has really weak characterization. When I say Tappei cut the scene where she throws a snowball at Subaru while he's making an ass of himself, I am explaining in detail everything that is wrong with her character.

She's not allowed to throw snowballs at Subaru sperging out anymore. She's waifubait scenes to replace ones where she acted silly or childish, literally made to be less distinctly Emilia to try to make her more appealing. Emilia is not a character. She's an idea with no core identity.

If Emilia was more Emilia, she'd be better. But she's increasingly less Emilia by the day. She has less personality now than she did in Arc 1.

this. I think most of the love for Rem is because people felt bad for her.

Don’t forget the editors made her like Rem in the LN coma promise scene since Rem is so popular Emilia surely would be more popular if she’s like Rem

well yes, he is supposed to be a self insert of us and everyone on Yea Forums is autistic.

Why the hell didn't Tappei run with the personality he built for Emilia in Arc 1 anyway? I mean it's not the most amazing thing ever or anything but it's better than the fucking milquetoast we have now.

it's not about how much a chaacter suffers, Subaru would be the most popular by far, it's about how the character acts in difficult situation. Rem tries her best even in the most helpless situation and tries to do as much as possible. That's fascinating. Emilia runs away or just dies without doing anything, that's not so fascinating.

Well Subaru is the most popular male character so there's that.

Ferris has suffered more than Subaru.

I think it’s because that he doesn’t give himself any room for creativity with Emilia, he has a set in stone outline for her. With the other characters, Rem and Subaru specifically he said that they came alive and moved on their own
>It’s often said that characters that go beyond the author’s plans come alive. Subaru is a protagonist that strongly goes towards that trend, but she is the one who jumped over that framework and moved it. Not even a fragment of the initial plot’s top face is left.
If I remember correctly Wilhelm for instance was created on a whim when somebody commented that they would like to know more about the Butler, Tappei pretty much let’s every character other than Emilia interact organically.

I don’t blame him since when he dropped the ball on Emilia it would make it worse to try to pick it up again, once he started having fun with Rem’s character it was over for Emilia. If he tried to fix Emilia it would be like repainting just the door of a 40 year old car, it will stand out compared to the rest of the body.

>If he tried to fix Emilia it would be like repainting just the door of a 40 year old car, it will stand out compared to the rest of the body.
Here's the thing. She actually does get new scenes in the LN. The problem is that they tend to detract from the overall tone of the story, or add literally nothing of value.

I’m of the faction that some of those new scenes aren’t of Tappei’s design. The dreaded Rem coma one for instance, her being there is a complete 180 of the WN and the dialogue is extremely reminiscent of Subaru’s dialogues with Rem.

LN
>“…You really are something, Emilia-tan.”
>“Really? I feel like you’re reeeally amazing, too, Subaru.”
>“Nah, no way— I’m glad you’re here, Emilia.”

WN
>Subaru is not brave or spirited enough to face Emilia in his current mood. And Emilia must understand that Subaru feels hopeless. She knows that being with him would only hurt him, and is giving him his time alone unless he requests otherwise. Even though she must be jittery too.

2 different stories, really

All the perfectly legitimate reasons for disdaining her others have posted aside, not everyone finds her extreme devotion routine attractive. I sure as fuck don't, she feels more like a dog than a person with a developed personality. She's likable, but I could never be romantically attracted to someone so single-minded. Subaru is the same at the story's start and has to be guilt-tripped over the threshold.

Look at the fucking difference in characterization there.
Yes, you're right. It's a fucking mirror of Rem scenes, down to the "…You really are something, Emilia-tan.”. Considering that's basically Subaru's signature line for Rem. It's kind of gross seeing the scene mirrored with Emilia, as if trying to steal Subaru and Rem's character dynamic.

But there's not more to talk about. He's literally the same as those protagonists but the only difference is that he's kind of a faggot

Based

you're wrong

Ahhh, you prefer the "strong independant womyn". Hows tyrone and chad?

Attached: 1557251797978.gif (800x600, 1.04M)

Imagine how many Echidna doujins we will get once season 2 airs. Or even the amount of coma Rem doujins

I just want a fucking WN update, I don’t care if it would be Griffith equivalent chapter. I don’t want another fucking game colaboration

>Expecting WN update when Tappei is busy saving from the evil Kadokawa whatever if left from the WN to the anime.

it's irredeemable

this smile was betrayed

Attached: 74855848_p0.png (1060x1500, 1.38M)

Attached: 1506960635087.webm (320x182, 134K)

NOOOOO
EMILIA PURITYY AAAAAAAA

Attached: Take-Me-Out-fans-left-seriously-cringing-as-contestant-strips-and-crushes-a-watermelon-with-his-thig (1200x630, 59K)

How the fuck did they fit 4 novels per season, most adaptations barely fit 2 novels and still miss out on too much.

I finished the anime yesterday, reading more about Subarus retardation doesn't sound good to me but I would watch a S2.
Beatrice is so good, she helps Subaru out and does it really well for no reason, the others can't compete with her for me.

>How the fuck did they fit 4 novels per season, most adaptations barely fit 2 novels and still miss out on too much.
by chopping alot, most of the story happens inside Subaru's head. You are supposed to see how he reacts, how he feels, which is something the anime cannot do so it doesn't and purposely tries not to. They also went ahead and cut the real ending of the Arc/Volume/whatever and end early. And also cut several scenes which would be pretty relevant in a S2. Rem's speech is missing a specific part that gets referenced several times in the future in some big scenes.

Luckily the next arc has lots of Beatrice

Attached: 69BBF981-9FEC-4CF4-A4C4-56641DD17F39.png (1024x1092, 1.25M)

Беако

>She doesn't give birth microspirits when you fuck her

Does she even have a cunny

Attached: 43063056_p0.jpg (921x1086, 204K)

She is supposed to be a spirit with being closest to a human being

Attached: 1558713105544.png (900x898, 1.05M)