Anyone else despise episodic shows ?

anyone else despise episodic shows ?

Attached: cowboy-bebop--1540419611868_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Attached: Screenshot (1464).png (2556x1440, 2.42M)

You're the only one out of the 7.5 billion people on the earth to hold this opinion. Congratulations.

Found the Deviant

Attached: large-1.jpg (750x422, 20K)

Learn to flout the maxims , a simple yes or no question can be used to open a discussion about a topic.

Starting a discussion by making yourself look desperate for validation isn't going to get you anything but the opposite.

God i love connor , the only character in all of fiction that i would turn gay for

yep they are trash and this show is no exception.

>desperate fot validation
whats up with your huge assumptions

Cowboy Beepboop is too Western to be interesting, it's like watching bad Firefly

Only if binging. I'm actually re-watching CB now and am finding that one or two episodes a day results in me enjoying it the most. Too many different locales doesn't process right in my mind and it end up feeling like a movie with way too many set-pieces.

Attached: pikachu detective reaction.jpg (837x837, 43K)

That just means you're a plotfag.

Me.
Cowboy Bebop, Kekkai Sensen, Champloo, Psychopass; these shows only get good when the "real" plot kicks in. Episodic storytelling is pathetically lazy. Am I supposed to enjoy stagnation?

calling bullshit on that last half

>Am I supposed to enjoy stagnation?
for real
I don't see the appeal of shows in which always the same happens.

How do you think psycho pass is episodic? Every crime ends up tied to the main antagonist.

JoJo part3 is the worst in this regard , other shows have some variety at least , jojo is the same episode repeated 40 times

....that is literally every Jojo part.
>Antagonist comes in the fray
>Jojo and pals take him down
>Keep moving on with journey
Wtf did you expect from a group of 5 travelling to Egypt to defeat a vampire?

Part 1&2 while still bad weren't like that.

It's okay as long as there is an overarching plot progression. If the world gets reset after the end of an episode, that makes me drop a show.

Episodic isn't bad, but unbreakable status quos are unforgivable and god awful. At least in bebop they added and subtracted characters and that had an impact

disliking a show based solely on the format is a sign of low intelligence

Liking a show despite of the format is a sign of suppressed homosexual urges

>Muh special opinion.
>I'm so unique and interesting.
>specialsnowflake.jpeg

Attached: 1558656073890.jpg (781x564, 52K)

only people who wants everything serious and little to no character development would agree with you.

Actually episodic shows often have the least character development

Not really true. Only true for DB type shonen where the MC has the plain character arc and that's even justified, cause the MC being plain allows the show to centee in the development of the world and side characters.

Attached: 1558643477821.jpg (708x750, 78K)

All stories (pretty much) can be divided into two basic types:
>the world is fundamentally changed at the end
>the world is fundamentally the same at the end
There are so many shows of the second type I can't believe OP really hates all of them. e.g.:
>Star Trek (the original TV series)
>Columbo (TV series)
>Sherlock Holmes stories
>James Bond movies
>etc
Also something like
>The Simpsons
is really like this even though any single episode might change the world drastically, because it's all snapped back to the initial starting position the following week.

This is ideal for a show with no fixed length, but it does mean the main characters can't change that much (or at all). Usually the only illusion of progress comes through us finding out a bit more about them. But that's fine; no-one cares that Columbo or Captain Kirk or Doctor Watson are exactly the same person every week.

The only time it *does* get annoying (in my opinion) is with something like a soap opera, which has to be the second type of story *but pretend to be the first*. You almost always get this problem when a show has a continuous plot but the writers don't know how long it is going to last (or it's going to run for so long it might as well be infinite). After a while the audience realizes all the "dramatic" arcs are fake; the show is pretending to go somewhere without really moving.

Lots of shows are the other way round, though.
They appear episodic but they do have an underlying story even if it only progresses very slowly.
e.g.
>Comic Girls
Every week, they do cute stuff and Kaos gets rejected for being lame. BUT she's gradually progressing, and eventually she gets accepted.

These are much more common. Again, I can't believe OP hates them *all*.

Youll love them when you get older.

>Psycho-Pass
>Episodic

Attached: DAC38B3A-768C-4482-B59C-47F4A144EA29.jpg (917x942, 121K)

You are already gay

no one cares tripfag

I like Yuru Yuri, Lucky Star, Gab Drop, Azumanga Daioh, etc just fine.

now i havne't seen psycho pass but GITS:SAC did the exact same thing where a lot of people they meet are connected to Kuze or the laughing man but never get mentioned again, and those plot points kind of got shoed in so people don't think they're fillers

That's rich comming from a tripfag

>*actions*
Feel free to leave anytime, kiddo.

yes i hate all of them, comedy being the exception

Based Hisobro speaking the truth.

Attached: 1515534845739.jpg (950x534, 114K)

HxH is trash

Attached: 1558692367234.png (883x628, 725K)

Konosuba is literally garbage

like clockwork you dumb insect

Attached: smallqua!.png (259x194, 10K)

generally not a fan but space dandy was based

Attached: dandybaby.png (1280x720, 768K)

I don't know if I'd call Bebop completely episodic. When I think episodic, I think of a show that just kind of maintains a permanent status quo. But the Bebop picks up three members and then is down to two by the end of the series.

I don't dispise them, but I think they are harder to pull off unless you have some serious talent working on it. A "normal" series can be good even if it has some weak episodes because they might be setting up for something important to happen and you still feel like the plot progressed, but with an episodic one a bad episode just feels like you're wasting your time.

you have to have good characters with great interpersonal dynamics to make episodic work, moreso than with heavily plot based shows. that is why episodic often falls flat, character writing is harder than plot writing.

OTOH, with an episodic series, you can just skip any episodes that are weak, and you haven't missed any vital plot points.

But how do you know in advance which ones are weak?

You ask Yea Forums, of course.

Usually, but for some reason its been the opposite lately. They have a much better flow when you watch them regularly

N-nani???

absolute brainlet

(You)

nope, just you

I despise your low-quality cry for attention.

Bebop manages to develop characters even with the episodic shit somehow, but I generally agree with you

Attached: 50847823_1890007404429771_3770175468098440947_n.jpg (500x500, 43K)

A lot of the first half had inconsequential shit in it that didn't relate to the plot.