Forced Animation Thread

Show me your forced animation

Attached: 15574261102990.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uDqjIdI4bF4
youtube.com/watch?v=iQiNsGCI3E0
desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/Toji.webm/image/4f1eBw9yqQjqrRzivvto4A/
youtube.com/watch?v=z-Jxu8p3iSY
youtube.com/watch?v=AsyzVNbPAcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1540406179400.webm (1256x698, 2.88M)

more like forced criticism

>itt underaged retards dont know the difference between forced animation and shitty animation

Ah so that's what it was. I was so confused by op trying figure out just what exactly was forced.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] One Punch Man S2 - 07 [720p].webm (1280x720, 1.2M)

this is dishonest animation, not forced animation

this is just shit

Forced animation means forcing animation on something that clearly isn't.
dishonest animation doesn't exist.

Every time I see this I hear bowling pins in my head

Watch nichijou by kyoani

KyoAni hair

>thinking exaggerated or cartoony animation is forced.

Attached: 1530829202705.png (211x173, 99K)

thread derailed

Attached: chika.webm (656x540, 2.9M)

still hurts

t. Seething onepunchnigger

There was barely any animation

Give me the reason why this was forced.
In this scene, shes supposed to be dancing. And of course, she will dance.
Google : Animator Survival Kit.

Dishonest animation is anything that is meant to give the illusion of movement without actually drawing anything. Usually involves camera panning and character's 'hopping.' Which are exactly what OPM2 relies on.
Forced is overanimating for pretension.
Don't misinform others.

This is example of FORCED Animation
So, fuck off OP

Attached: 1538894875487.gif (540x304, 2.89M)

based, came for this one

It's forced cause it looks rotoscoped
Normal animation doesn't look that smooth

After all this time I fail to see where lies the problem behind this dance.

>it's forced because it looks good.
based retard.

This is nu4channel user looks like. Pathetic.

That's not criteria for forced.

Attached: 1456348894666.webm (800x450, 1.78M)

I can't believe this faggot made a fucking "forced animation" thread and proceeded to post 0 examples of forced animation. If you're that fucking autistic over OPM not having season 1 quality then you're just as spoiled and ungrateful as the dipshits on its cancerous subreddit.
>Also fuck your boogeyman all of you across all social media websites are the same- don't try to defy the cookie-cutter existence you're bound to.

Attached: here_we_go.jpg (535x410, 46K)

>Rotoscoped = Forced
Rotoscope isnt always bad you dumbass. Disney always used it back when they still do 2d

Have never used Yea Forums and never plan to.

Everyone has it in their heads that good things should not exist in this world, so they try to bend reality to that idea. But the true reality is that the dance is great.

Attached: forced hair.webm (800x450, 1.04M)

unironically this

some parts of s2 are indeed pure trash and deserve to be treated as such, but most of it is average to slightly above average, but autists won't accept it since they got spoiled with a god tier s1

the best part is when they say they want madhouse to take over

They on a ship and train, of course theres a wind. Also its done to be more dramatic.
Try again, kid.

This is the type of animation you would expect from toei

Attached: Screenshot (61).png (1366x768, 1023K)

What is the actual quality of season one?
How can you attest to the quality of something without, yourself, posting in the same quality?
Show us some examples. Make something. Stop just fucking youtube commenting.

This fucking subreddit sucks. I want my imageboard back.

Did you not watch season 1? The way you worded this implies you didn't. Spoonfeeding is against the rules; go to youtube, faggot.

It's definitely forced, but it looks very good. They're not mutually exclusive.
However, the hair is moving like fucking smoke, not at all like how they would be moving from a 1 point windsource.

>forced animation
imagine following Dobson's mentality.

Its 3 different scenes of course they will moving differently.
Try again.
And Forced doesnt mean bad. Just like Rotoscoping.

>spoonfeeding
>faggot

I don't use Yea Forums either, retard. Are you so socially inept that your only method of communication is """redirecting"""? Congrats, you're copying something a shitload of other faggots here do and you aren't even doing it correctly. What did I mention earlier? People like you fall right into the mold, and therefore are worthless.

Why do you think I was comparing them to each other when I wasn't? I don't think you understand what I wrote, if you removed the docks and the train you would be unable to tell where the wind is blowing. That's the problem, leave your room.
And again, I said that forced doesn't mean bad. Your reading comprehension is fucking awful.

>Your reading comprehension is fucking awful
Isn't it kind of weird/worrying how this site is 18+ but so many fucking people here can't read? It's mindblowing to be honest.

Literally watch the scene you posted carefully again, kid. You that one kid who always hate VEG right ? sad since VEG is one of greatest anime released in this last 4 years.

>mommy mommy he says words that make my feefee cry! make him go away wahaaaaaa

Samefagging

>Toei bad
Kys npc

But that dance was rotoscoped though

ur MUM was rotoscoped lmfao

Hurrr durr , muh weekly shows , naruo looked a million times better with the same constrictions

Attached: 1556806525967.jpg (1024x775, 46K)

why do all action scenes in S2 always blurry?

>ITT faggots literally complain about stuff looking too good.
This is a new level of shitposting.
Don't bumb this thread anymore.

How is any animation "not forced"?

Attached: 058.webm (600x450, 2.72M)

Isnt the problem that it stop looking good after some point? well no, maybe the problem is that begins to look unnatural

when it doesn't hurt the feeling of western animators that think OKKO and teen titan go is "literally perfect"

Again, this isn't forced animation, nigger. It's just good animation. Fucking hell.
These are examples of "forced" animation:

how about this

Attached: 1533517556974.webm (640x480, 2.86M)

Attached: 1530833993261.webm (650x374, 1.66M)

it's just inadequate, it's not "forced". you repeating that word over and over just show you know nothing about the medium, but whant a meymey out of it instead.

gon can float?

imagine watching so much She-ra you think a good battle is "badly animated"

That's looney tunes tier. What a disgrace to the manga this adaptation is.

Attached: Anemone 2.webm (960x720, 1.51M)

this is how you expose yourself as a dumb memester.

>badly animated
This is a forced animation thread, brainlet

>forced animation thread
>not even 1 webm of the classic examples posted
>90% of the thread is forced shitposting
Kuso thread.

are you just desperately posting whatever webw you find on Yea Forums archive now?

Attached: Annin.webm (640x480, 2.55M)

>MY MEME WORD
fuck off ignorant retard.

what a fucking clown you are.

Attached: 1543601774850.webm (854x480, 2.04M)

it sure was oishii desu

This look so bad but i still dont get why

Attached: 0057.webm (640x480, 2.07M)

how do you define "forced animation"? too many frames?

I am not sure it counts when its done as a joke.

When the show looks good, but it's actually bad

Attached: 1540703041476.webm (640x480, 1.89M)

It's rotoscoped but the moecaps moves like drunken inflatable wavy arm displays

Attached: 1416192172552.webm (855x480, 2.89M)

then all of VEG

Attached: 1414700535634.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

That's the joke, you amoeba.

Attached: 1450715611277.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

it's defined by "twitter animators told me anime is racist so STOP LIKING IT"

>you amoeba.
imagine an adult talking like that in real life...

>VEG is one of greatest anime released in this last 4 years.
That's a very specific timeframe. Unfortunately, VEG isn't even in the top 20 of 2018.

Do you also greentext in real life? Fuck off, redditor.

It looks like what I used to do with macromedia 8, think they called it tween or maybe its rotoscopeing idk
But it looks like they (as an example) wanted to have 24 frames per second but only drew 12 so they just kinda stretch or drag drags each frame to create a second frame and give them 24.

Like the dudes are moving but half or more of them is just sliding around and not actually being redrawn each time

Or maybe you're retarded and so am I who cares it some gay anime anyway

Attached: 1558194034890.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Yea Forums seems to have a problem with this so here: forced animation is when the medium, suddenly and unwarrented, becomes exceptionally higher in quality but also so egregiously exaggerrated that it's jarring it's audience.

best example is here
suddenly the character is making so many more uncalled for gestures and movements (while being a mixture of rigid and flowing) that it crosses some sort of uncanny valley of human behavior and takes the audience out of the experience
for the sake of attempting a memorable scene these movements have random (and choppy) arcs in between, but only make it look even worse to the eye

good animation is not bad. uncanny animation is.

Attached: 1558193951847.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Attached: 1558140659036.webm (960x720, 853K)

Not only that, but calling anything done by Bones "forced animation" is stretching it due to their production quality, anyway.
I'm just more concerned about when Kyoda's finally going to let E7 die a peaceful death.

Attached: 1549488833502.webm (1280x720, 904K)

>people use Yea Forums features
>FUCK REDDIT
it's not like people expect you to not be a clownish sack of shit with your vocabulary, but still...

but that's just the animator fucking up a chewing animation. You are so pretentious you can't make de difference between your ignorance and reality. You will always push "the audience" to avoid any technical discussion. You made that thread to be praised, not to talk about animation.

What the fuck , when did this happen ?
i never knew toei could animated some decent shit

>Redline
>1st OPM season
>forced animation

Attached: Doge - OK RETARD.jpg (264x264, 16K)

once you go

Not anime, but I think The Thief and The Cobbler is the best example of overanimation. The whole thing was a man's vanity project and it shows. Everything is animated and moving at all times to the point that it just becomes jarring and tiring to the eyes.

Why are they clapping like that?

How are they not forced animation

>Forced Animation
Isn't any animation forced? I mean you don't draw an image and record it moving by itself.

>but that's just the animator fucking up a chewing animation.
between drafts, animatics, key frames and inbetweens, it took a whole team to do this, meaning they all fucked up. which just proves my point of unintentionally hitting an uncanny valley

>You will always push "the audience" to avoid any technical discussion.
avoiding what? how? are you just spouting random stuff hoping it will stick? kek

>You made that thread to be praised, not to talk about animation.
I didn't make the thread. I come on Yea Forums for the same reason as everyone else: to shitpost

Redline is literally the definition of forced animation.

Attached: 1416189706715.webm (855x480, 2.84M)

Attached: 1534238420872.webm (800x800, 2.62M)

Rotoscope always look like shit though.

t. oei employee

Attached: 1557293809222.webm (720x780, 2.31M)

user, hair don't float like car dealership balloon when blown by wind

It's prob that kyoani fanatic who gets buttblasted over people posting ridiculous kyoani webms and copes by posting actually good animation.

so is forced animation good or bad?

good

Is it forced if it stands out awkwardly from the rest of the work?

>being so used to shit animation that anytime you see good animation you call it forced

>if looks to good its forced
Sasuga, retard-kun

trying too hard to fit in

>MY MEME WORD
>meme word is in the op
fuck off ignorant retard^2

Tryhard animation that is shoehorned in

So good animation is frowned upon now?

>Yea Forums
Is this a new meme?

It's forced if it looks like it was forced

So basically the point you are trying to make is that every good animation is forced?
Yep, that's a kyoanitard right there

What is it about kyoani that attracts autistic retards to the flock?
Is the bright colors and retarded direction?

>let's just loop these 1 second clips and call it a day

>good animation
no

EXAMPLES OF FORCED ANIMATION:

NOT EXAMPLES OF FORCED ANIMATION:
Forced animation is when, rather than simply animate a motion well but realistically, the characters move like wavy tube men with their arms or bodies randomly bobbing and weaving in nonsensical directions to do something as simple as stretch their arm out, simply as an excuse for animators to shove in a whole bunch of frames and make 'good animation'.

Attached: vd5QCTT.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

I agree
Why is it so difficult for some people?

Attached: forceful.webm (1280x720, 1.68M)

s2 is trash

fucking disgusting

didn't they promise they'd put in the effort for the Suiryuu fight? how am I not surprised they dropped the ball. we were fucking telling them even since the news first came out that they just DO NOT have the ability to do this series justice. lo and behold crap animation, crap music, and directors who don't even understand the source material (like the superimposed Genos fight scenes and the martial arts fights in the manga, completely missing and segmented into different parts altogether in the anime).

honestly the team should be slapped in the face, literally, and then they should apologize to the fans. rather s2 never came out than have this crap.

>Forced animation is when, rather than simply animate a motion well but realistically, the characters move like wavy tube men with their arms or bodies randomly bobbing and weaving in nonsensical directions to do something as simple as stretch their arm out
Like Redline, exactly.

>OPM has been reduced to DBZ move-spam bullshit
Why were there apologists trying to shill for JC staff again?

How does someones brain work so dysfunctionally yet they manage to gain internet access and write strings of words together?

Animator whipped to death by Walt Disney's ghost. "WORK MORE/FASTER/HARDER YOU NIP BASTARD!"

>"this thing bad, it does this"
>"oh like that thing you like?"
>"n-no"

Attached: 76235.jpg (225x350, 39K)

This. CGshit is true forced animation. It's quite literally, constantly forced into anime to save time, money or to compensate for a lack of talent when it comes to hand drawing something difficult.

The forced animation meme is just that, a cancerous one at that. It's spouted by people who think they're so "le random funny xd" and whatnot. But there's also retards who, for some reason, don't know what good animation is. I have a suspicion that they're shonenfag, most likely of the wanpiss and dbz variety, shows which have piss poor and stiff animation, and now onejokeman aswell. And so when they come across above average and even good and fluid animation, they just think it's "forced" because they've gotten accustomed to 1 fps "animation" from the shit shows they watch. There's also a fair amount of people here who seem to think "it looks good, therefore it is bad".

Oh fuck off. It's always been a nebulous term and is usually just used to troll and shit on good animation. I'm surprised this garbage thread hasn't been nuked yet.

This is good animation.

Forced animation is good

Lmao, just watch FLCL. It's filled to the brim with that shit.

Attached: 5d9sc.gif (540x410, 1.97M)

kek, that gif is so cringeworthy

as forced as it gets desu

>It's another "Yea Forums can't define a meme term they keep using without contradiction" thread

Attached: f75.gif (407x212, 564K)

It looks like its high effort, yet still looks bad = forced animation.

pinnacle of forced animation

Overexaggerated Gainax spasms. FLCL and Panty are prime culprits.

SOUL
SOULLESS

Take your meds.

No. SeeThis is a prime example of dishonest animation. It's when they don't bother animating the shape properly and just do the outlines. They're too lazy to shade it properly. Usually just to make the motion more realistic too.

I think the bigger problem is the typical japanese idol "hand dancing". I don't like it either, but the animation is fine.

What the fuck?

Attached: 1a.png (418x170, 3K)

Looks like they mocapped a CG model.

>durr everyone must be a samefag
Seek professional help with your schizophrenia buddy.

Thats the thing, its never had a concrete definition. It's such an insular shitty meme that has no context from any real conversation anybody has had with another human being.

Faggots coined it to trigger peaople and it's hard to argue because of its lack of definition. Then some other faggots take it as some kind of actual criticism based on their interpretation of how it's being used. And now its turned into this.

the is damn forced, jesus

>anything that is meant to give the illusion of movement without actually drawing anything. Usually involves camera panning and character's 'hopping.' Which are exactly what OPM2 relies on.
Shows like Kill la Kill do this really well though and make use of limited animation creatively. Lurk moar.

Heck, I've just been posting random anime webms to throw people off

Attached: 14363201421.jpg (475x377, 19K)

I agree that there can be instances of high effort animation that look bad, but most of the shit posted here is just decent effort level and it looks good. also, 'forced animation" can also work for comedic effect like this and and in cases like this, it's not the animation itself is bad, it's just that people don't see the humor in it, and that's totally A-okay, but it is clearly for comedic purposes.

It honestly sounds like this forced animation meme is just people who equate effort to bad quality. Is is not good when animators put effort into the shit they're working on? The whole thing about sakuga is high effort and high quality fluid animation is it not? Objectively, that's one of the big goals of moments of sakuga in anime, wether people like it personally it doesn't matter.

Attached: 1496281611238.webm (900x506, 1.35M)

Attached: 1475906786977.webm (917x847, 416K)

Oh this thread is just full of false flaggers.
The OP started with a few shit animation webms, then theres few regularly posted examples of forced animation, then someone started posting good animation webms

I'm so glad I never watched that garbage. Just takes a massive shit all over the source material.

You are right, it's a nebulous term. It was actually originally used to insult studio SHAFTS slideshow "animation", it was then later hijacked and used to refer to stuff like the nugget webm here. I actually think it's legitimately funny and very fitting to call bad cg "forced animation". Because it's quite literally forced into every damn anime these days when no one asked for it and consequently ruins them. By the literal definition it's forced. It's the most forced thing in modern anime. Like the overlord webm here I say we officially coin it to mean this and end all debate. It makes much more sense than all the other definitions.

This.

Yea. I can't believe people were posting actual good animation and calling it forced like VE, Chika Dance and Redline.

Attached: 1093822738934.png (391x200, 33K)

LOOK AT THIS FORCED ANIMATION!

Attached: 1552137735892.webm (1714x1080, 1.24M)

Jesus christ that's so forced.

Yea, I agree with this. You seem like the most reasonable poster in this thread.

No.

Some reason kyoani fags have hard time coming to terms with the fact most people find kyoani shows to have lots of unappealing scenes due to poor direction.

>Can she just not sit on the chair like a normal human being, what the fuck? literally forced animation!
This is what you retards who peddle the forced animation meme sound like.

Not really. You sound obsessed, also people say the same about shit like Gaina/FLCL and OPM.

Forced animation looks like THAT??

What do they say about "Gaina/FLCL and OPM."?
First time I'm hearing anything regards to those shows having unappealing animation.

Fucking this. Let the shitposting end already.

So "overacting" + good animation means forced animation which is bad right?

Attached: Dm79CM3UwAAea4U.gif (488x272, 1.45M)

Read the thread. People often complain about tasteless overexaggeration which is especially apparent in FLCL and getting motion sickness from OPM shit.

You're right about the overacting part but not the good animation.
Poorly animated shit like the this flcl gif sums it up about right.

Okay, those 2 things aren't the same as forced animation tho. Just different faults where the solution is different.

Is this more forced or more dishonest?

Attached: 1555879053178.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

Neither, it's good.

Attached: 15431152233325.jpg (604x816, 439K)

It's garbage direction just like most kyoani shows.
Maybe its forced animation in the sense of it being so masturbatory towards it's own self-importance.

Yea. I agree.

None of this is forced you trolls.

>that hilariously shitty and cringe gif

Now this is some spastic shit right here. Terrible direction. It's the animation equivalent of tasteless and cheap melodrama.

Purely the overacting part is what makes animation forced; A good animator makes someone lifting their hand up look smooth and natural, in forced animation their hand will wave about left and right, they'll pull it back a bit and then reach back up, their arm and body are stupidly gyrating the whole time.

Basically imagine someone moving like THIS in real life, you'd think they were having a seizure with the amount of full body spasming they're doing with every movement.

It's not "good animation", it's adding excess and out of place motion to very simple gestures purely to stuff in as many frames as possible, and it ends up looking like shit because of it.

Attached: 1556377097894.webm (889x500, 2.77M)

>It's the animation equivalent of tasteless and cheap melodrama.
I thought this was

it's just good animation with the sole purpose of giving that bow more impact

Nah. That looks fine. Cutting isn't inherently good/bad.

This term has no real meaning.

all you need for good animation
youtube.com/watch?v=uDqjIdI4bF4

>good animation that i dislike for irratonal reasons

Pathetic.

Dear Yea Forums,

Which would you prefer to watch?
(a) forced animation
(b) a time flop

Attached: Smug Ship.jpg (361x375, 80K)

Forced animation for sure. Fuck time flops.

forced time flop

bad animation is stiff
good animation is fluid

Nah. Fuck off back to Yea Forums. Limited animation is superior.

>HURR DURR aiamtion can only be good if it's realsitic and copies reality
No. There is a time for both.

Dishonest.
There is absolutely no reason for a 20 minute show to have a cut like this that is 18 seconds long.
This would be fitting for long form media, not an episode of an anime.

Attached: 1283256.jpg (335x395, 21K)

>dislike
Who said I disliked my example

Michael_Bay_tries_to_direct_a_period_drama.webm

What's will all the vitriol towards VE? Is it a spammer? It's the best animated tv show ever.

/thread

it might be filler to you, but to many other people, it gives the character more importance in the show.

Yea. It's probably, KHK. Just r & i.

>it gives the character more importance in the show.
she's literally the MC

epin spam

a bunch of dumb babby newfags saw rotoscoping for the first time. Unable to process from seeing something new to them, they started screaming buzzwords in their confusion.

It looks bad?
I think thats why people think it looks bad

>vitriol towards VE
To anime itself. Almost every show has stupid unnecessary padding that wastes the viewers time due to short formatting of typical episodes.

>baby first anime with truly good production values
not him, it's an episodic drama and in a lot of the episodes she takes a back seat to being the main character. Also Evergarden is about extravagance and fine details so it fits the show.

I honestly hadn't really seen it until VEG exploded like a whale carcass onto the scene. Maybe I just don't follow any of SHAFT's shows closely enough to have seen it before but I feel like it was one among a handful of other shitty memes that began to be used exponentially more during/after the whole winter 2018 season mess.

>mfw an entire generation of newfags grew up on toei and trigger slideshows and now they genuinely believe that everything higher quality is tryhard and unnecessary
What the fuck went wrong?

Attached: 1547531270983.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

No matter if its episodic anime, she is literally the MC and hell, her name is in the show's name. If you need such exaggerated animation to know that she(the MC) is an important character you might be a brainlet

that can't be real

It's mostly KHK, false flagging and spamming. Relax and just r & i.

I'm not saying it looks bad. I'm saying that everyone is freaking out because bad and cheap animation is so prevalent that something as simple as rotoscopping causes everyone to lose their fucking minds

Ah gotcha didn't realize it was a specific autist. At least he's not tripfagging.

You're trying too hard. Also learn English, kid. That's not exaggeration, it's extravagance. See for exaggeration.

Wtf does shaft have to do with anything?
They're the prime example of shows with no forced animation.

>They're the prime example of shows with no forced animation.
lol

Attached: 1557834137759.gif (320x180, 3M)

This thread is an embarrasment

Seems like blatant trolling to me. It's generally regarded to be the best looking tv anime ever.

Shit. Replied to the wrong post. But yea I agree autists are freaking over the Chika dance for nothing.

Attached: 102387423748237.png (625x626, 86K)

That scene is unappealing to you?

is this forced animation?

Attached: creepy incel.webm (1280x720, 1.17M)

Yea. Fuck KHK. I can't believe the mods haven't deleted this shit thread yet.

Oh yea. Didn't realise mob had this kind of awful shit.

The body language is excessive and unnatural, and since the rest of the anime is a slideshow this random ultra animated scene sticks out even more.

This isn't forced animation, nor is it bad, though the scene suffers from the same thing the whole anime suffered from - hair, clothing and other shit moving as if they're in a typhoon rather than a gentle breeze.
But the scene is a self-gratifying piece of shit though. You don't need to cut like 6 times to show a single fucking curtsy. If you really think a fucking curtsy is deserving of 6 cuts then you might possibly be a middle aged woman who lives off dramabait. (this show's audience)

>taking your show seriously means it's bad
Fuck right off.

user who sounds like he has a fair amount of insight claimed he thought the forced animation term started as criticism about their shows, probably their work on the monogatari series. For the sake of conversation I'm inclined to beleive him as I can neither confirm or deny that being the reality.

I wouldn't personally call their work on the monogatari series anything but positive. The whole conceit of those adaptations is to make an extremely dialogue heavy story as interesting as possible to watch through the use of constant whacky visual shit.

t. newfag

awful incels, I know. they should they all die in a fire. good thing that guy was arrested.

Attached: 1501035787031.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

trying too hard, how? is it because i said brainlet?

>though the scene suffers from the same thing the whole anime suffered from - hair, clothing and other shit moving as if they're in a typhoon rather than a gentle breeze.
This is demonstrably false? I can make a VE thread to continue this conversation

>But the scene is a self-gratifying piece of shit though. You don't need to cut like 6 times to show a single fucking curtsy. If you really think a fucking curtsy is deserving of 6 cuts then you might possibly be a middle aged woman who lives off dramabait. (this show's audience)
>not being cheap shit and having an extravagant style is inherently bad
I'm sorry it's not lazy, poorly produced seasonal shit.

>deflecting
I accept your concession.

Yup, that's forced alright, forcing my dick up.

they did, that's the controversy. people got absolutely buttblasted when they found out it was rotoscoped, for some reason.

>implying fanservice is a bad thing
Not anymore.

See Now here is a definition that fits and makes perfect sense.

what concession? i was right. she doesn't need so many cuts for a bow for the audience to know she's an important character in her own show.

Look buddy I'm not quite sure how educated you are on the aerodynamics on hair, but seeing as you probably haven't been outside in a long time trust me on the fact that hair does not move in tangible clumps ala .
>I'm sorry it's not lazy, poorly produced seasonal shit.
I'm sorry my friend but the antithesis of laziness, poorly produced seasonal shit is not cutting 6 times for a single curtsy. That's just not how it works.

>I can make a VE thread to continue this conversation
Buddy VE threads are the slowest, most necroed threads on the board. It's over. Other people don't like it as much as you. It's time to move on.

I fucking love this sequence. I'd buy a cell of it if I could.

That's the style. It's meant to be grand and extravagant. Fitting for the series with the highest production values on a tv anime ever.

Pure vitriol. Get a life you pathetic loser.

Are you a different user? Because that was not what he said. That user said the shot was necessary to show her importance in the story

You can hardly tell and it looks better than the usual cost cutting cgshit. Besides Classic Disney movies were rotoscoped.

>Pure vitriol.
>Get a life you pathetic loser.
(笑)

Attached: 116.jpg (747x768, 116K)

VE has far and away the best production values on a tv anime ever. It's as close to it as it gets, this is a fact.

That's what a lot of old anime did. Difference is you could actually see what was happening.

>I say we officially coin it to mean this and end all debate. It makes much more sense than all the other definitions.
Me too. This is actually logical.

This must have been on purpose, I still believe it.

this is what good animation is folks.

Attached: thanos slash.webm (1920x1080, 2.82M)

This dance is cringey as fuck

I really hate how rubbery the animation became in this arc. It works when the announcers are doing their thing, but it looks awkward for a lot of the fights.

Why the fuck are they flying like the audience from Paper Mario TTYD?

If you think production values has anything to do with (and I can't believe I'm saying this again) cutting six times to six different shots of the same curtsy, then you might be a bit of a dimwit

Did you seriously post a god damned storyboard previsual as an example?

LNfag here. Hell no. That shit is nothing like the menacing descriptions in the novel. Absolutely fucking butchered, soulless LN ad.

not him, yea. Sadly now it's much though, because they use cgi to cut corners instead. Shit clashes with everything around it causing the viewer excruciating migraines.

Attached: fuck.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

The cutting is fine. The point was that it's extravagant and as far removed from being lazy as tv anime gets. It's sad that i even need to dumb this down for you.

that guy is supposed to be a sperg though. it makes sense that he would fidget and twitch like a weirdo since he just got caught peeping on the woman.

This is the ultimate forced animation.

Attached: tufa.webm (854x480, 1.93M)

this burns my eyes

>ITT: A bunch of drooling media illiterates fail to define fake terms for things they don't understand

No, retard it's forced animation. The context doesn't fucking matter here.

what if you guys just called it unnecessary animation instead of forced animation

>good animation is not bad

stop posting on Yea Forums emiya

so have we decided on what a "forced animation" is? people still just posting bad animation, smooth animation and animation which is bad only because they hated the show

I hate show there's so much unnecessary moment in the foreground yet the background is completely fucking static. Like what the fuck were they thinking?

>Yea Forums
Go back to wherever the shit you came from, newfag.

Attached: wtf.png (650x581, 276K)

Yes. See

Fuck. Looks a little goofy in some cuts but 8000000x better than the best cuts of DBS.

Yes. It's as says. CG that's FORCED into anime, especially to cut corners, when no one asked for it. Bad CG. Like the awful corner cutting 3d vehicles in the new flcl abortion. It's the perfect term for it. I'll never forgive them for doing this to one of my all time favourite franchises.

Attached: flcl-a-1.webm (1280x720, 2.38M)

i concur

The new FLCL has CG in it? Fuck me. It's worse than I thought. I'd say Kazuya Tsurumaki must be rolling in his grave, but he's alive and just look at what him and Anno are doing to fucking EVA.

Man that looks horrendous. Fuck nu Production IG. I miss GITS mechanical sakuga.

it's the world we live in, imagine the cost of animating this by hand vs just using a computer to do everything after the models are done
same shit why Disney doesn't do drawn movies anymore, costs too much in comparison

>The new FLCL has CG in it?
Yea. Lazy fucks don't want to draw mechanical properly and coherently in the aesthetic of the show.

This is sad, user. It's really depressing. Art should't be dictated by what easiest to make or what's the most cost effective. I really miss hand drawn mechanics. Look at western animation, everything is cg or calarts shit because that's cheapest.

>imagine the cost of animating this by hand
At least it would fit the style of the show.

>costs too much in comparison
Don't confuse "costs too much" with "isn't as profitable." They could turn a hell of a profit off of traditionaly animated projects, they just don't want to because they can save some time (mostly time) and money by using CGI, but CGI especially to the level Disney-Pixar does is not at all cheap. Theres also the problem of animation talent drying up in the west because nobody is doing it anymore.

>They could turn a hell of a profit off of traditionaly animated projects
No they couldn't, which is why they don't try. Traditional animation is loads more expensive and time consuming than cgi and it's a sad fact that the main target audience of families with young children want to see cgi movies and not 2D cartoons.
Granted that's purely for western theatrical releases, fuck if I know what focus groups in Japan want.

it's easier and, for the most part, much faster
also yeah, more profitable is what I meant, but you know

>Theres also the problem of animation talent drying up in the west because nobody is doing it anymore.
Isn't the ever increasing popularity of a distinct traditional style like anime reinvigorating it again? Or do filthy casuals just not care if cgshit is forced into anime?

Attached: best girl.png (1350x693, 1.55M)

aside from a few "cult" studios in Japan that can afford it, why would anyone waste their time not using CGI when it keeps costs lower

It is fucking newfags and casuals. I remember the pushback for this 3dcg garbage when Akito first came out but now sadly people just don't care or even make excuses for this cheap shit.

This looks good tho, I really don't see the problem with forced animation if it looks like this

>why would anyone waste their time not using CGI when it keeps costs lower
I blame capitalism for this shit.

Animating that by hand would actually be cheaper, but more time-consuming. CG is catching on because it is more consistent and easier to do retakes with. Cost-wise CG is only cheaper if you are able to use the models over many episodes (you see this in bottom-of-the barrel kids TV cartoons), while the CG you see in Disney movies are very expensive cutting-edge stuff. They actually do R&D to advance 3D animation for their movies.

XD spilled der potatoes

>Animating that by hand would actually be cheaper
Cheaper? Really? With all those details in the tires and wheels? and at 24 frames per second like the cg?

>but more time-consuming.
Time is money user. The people animating this shit have to earn a living at the same time.

The blur will disappear in the Blu Ray so it will look fine once the show ends.

Attached: ctf.png (1002x591, 186K)

>more time-consuming
The solution is manpower and cultivating talent. If you look at Shingeki no Kyojin, they don't have enough skilled animators on top of trying to save time and money so they're resorting to abhorrent cgi. I'm not kidding when i say this but 90% of the titan sakuga battles are animated by the same guy. Arifumi Imai. It's crazy.

Came buckets. Why is new DB so soulless compared to this.

Attached: 1556192820866.png (640x480, 249K)

CG animators are likely to earn more than 2D animators as their skills will be more in demand, and the initial outlay for making that scene in CG would be higher due to the extra software, hardware, and manpower required to make and put the scene together. Like I said, CG is only cheaper if you are able to spread the costs of creating the assets over the long run. Ultimately, it is the flexibility and consistency of CG that makes it appealing. Well, that an the fact that a lot of people seem to like the detail that CG can provide.

Pretty sure the decision to make the Colossal Titan CG is mostly a time-saving measure. It's a pain to draw and the 2D animators need all the help they can get given the awful schedule.
A lot of the best scenes in the show are animated by Imai, but he's not the only main animator there. He's usually accompanied by Yasuyuki Ebara and Takuma Ebisu. And even then the show gets many other animators to help out.

What's this from? i watched dragon ball and Z ages ago but don't remember any of this?

Here's the difference between elaborate, good animation and elaborate forced animation, using two similar examples posted in this thread

Both of these feature girls eating, with very elaborate animation. The first one is filled with many nice details (the clockwise scooping motion, the nice sense of weight on the jam falling down, the nice arc and timing on her head turn, etc.) but is never comically elaborate: everything has a sense of weight, everything is grounded in realism. It's all regular human behaviour, but animated with a lot of care.
The second one flops around all over the place. The shot of her chomping down is not that bad animation-wise, the chomp and then pulling back has a good sense of weight and rhythm to it, but it's still absurd and then it just keeps going for too long so all the extra head bobs look ridiculous. The following shot is absolute garbage, there's zero sense of weight, her hands and fingers seem to writhe and spasm around, while her head turns an absurd amount of times and her swallowing causes her entire torso to convulse. No one acts like this, there is no actual reason to animate someone moving like this when eating.

Lastly, it's not a question whether or not it's "necessary". Otherwise everything would look like Hanna Barbera or UPA cartoons, with the absolute bare minimum. The important thing is whether or not the animation realistically make sense or serves a purpose. As an example, all those shots of Violet Evergarden with the flowing fabrics and hair flowing in the wind aren't "forced" because it's windy, of course it'll flow in the wind. Secondary movement like that is usually cut in order to save a lot of work, but hey if you have the money you can totally add it. It is still very well animated and reacts like hair/fabric does, it's not just flopping all over the place with no regard for physics or logic.

good thread guys. i enjoyed it.

>and the initial outlay for making that scene in CG would be higher due to the extra software, hardware
It would still be cheaper. Departments dedicated to this will already have assets set up.

>Well, that an the fact that a lot of people seem to like the detail that CG can provide.
It's not fair, detail looks even better in sakuga. I wonder if this is how anime will die. People comparing simplistic 2d stuff to detailed cg whilst claiming cg looks better.

Attached: fire.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>nerds want this current state of studio handle season 2

I don't typically like this blurry looped frame animation they use in s2 but gotta give them props for one of the fastest combos I've ever seen

>Z

Attached: DBSPDC01.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Proof that Madhouse should be still handling OPM

flip flap?

Digits confirm

Happens around the 23rd Tenka-Ichi Budoukai Saga

Attached: DBSPDC04.jpg (640x480, 56K)

>hardware
This shouldn't be an issue for people in the business of making cost cutting cg. How many times will you count hardware cost? It's only an issue for the first project the studio does and hardware gets increasingly cheaper every day. The laptop i'm typing on can render rise of Tomb Raider at 720p which is around the mastered resolution of most anime nowadays.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQiNsGCI3E0

Thanks.

oh yeah. so much fucking soul in it you can touch it.

First post best post. More proof that overproduction is a mistake.

>dragonball and Z
>and Z
>and

God i fucking hate them

i meant the ordinal dragon ball show and dragon ball z you twat

>he has no nose
does this count as moe?

forced = over animation in normal scenes
dishonest = lots of cut scenes and lighting to not have to make any animation

rotoscope is the future

Attached: Toji.webm (424x240, 2.69M)

Anime?

This wasn't great the first time I saw it, but the fact that they're choosing to make it into an animation staple of Season 2 by using it in like 75% of the fights (with the same goddamn sound effect no matter what's hitting what) is truly atrocious.

Attached: you are borb.png (178x300, 39K)

Based humongous fucking retard

poor animation. just look at the terrible sales to see why

>right click gif
>image search options
>sauce nao

That's a hilarious fantasy. You just posted forced animation.

Attached: 013984729238204983.png (4000x4000, 84K)

He's an anime hater. People like him are why can't have nice things.

>forced = over animation in normal scenes
>literally posted a shitty overanimated cgi rotoscope

Attached: 12038932048323.png (299x325, 149K)

This is extremely forced.

Action scenes can't be forced since they are sakuga.

Attached: yyh.webm (560x408, 2.89M)

Numbskull logic and cgshit is not sakuga.

(You)

>cgshit is not sakuga
why?

how does the board ay on 4chanel do the thing that it does!

why do these threads exist, all you people do is bitch and moan every time they're posted.

Attached: 1507964031643.jpg (1146x631, 136K)

sakuga literally means hand drawn

>muh Disney
So? Lord of the Rings was also rotoscoped. So was He-Man.

It's lazy.

This guy gets it.

>we don't have the talent to animate something properly so we'll just make a retarded cg dance sequence.
>bright flashing lights and fast movement to conceal the ugly 3d model
This looks like complete dogshit. Fuck off with this forced animation you retard. I've seen you spamming this awful garbage in so many webm threads. Fucking disgusting mentally ill cgi apologist.

desuarchive.org/a/search/filename/Toji.webm/image/4f1eBw9yqQjqrRzivvto4A/
>ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY(126) SIX RESULTS FOUND

They lack the skills to animate something properly like attached webm.

>tojishitter is still spamming
Sakuga literally means drawing pictures you retarded troll. You've been told this before.

Attached: SOTS.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

Based on this comment calling you retard justify

>spammed 126 times
Holy shit. Why is it always these disgusting cgshit apologists that are braindamaged spammers? There's another one that ruins pre 2000s threads too.

Attached: 9291092103825902834.png (616x720, 482K)

Muh dick

Sekiro boss fight?

Both boards dedicated to discussing animation display an astonishing lack of knowledge about the medium, it's crazy.

>forced = bad

Attached: PR.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

>126 results found
>yet another crazy spamming cgi apologist
No wonder this place is so cancerous. I hope the mods intervene soon and nuke these fucking anime haters permanently.

Attached: desu dance 9000.gif (200x155, 2.91M)

To be fair the same can be said about pretty much any media board on here. People rarely know what they're talking about

>cgshit shill spammed that cancer well over a 100 times
How does Yea Forums even attract these turbo spammers?

>flows well and is smooth
>WAAAAAAH CGI IT DOESN'T COUNT
Guess how many times your overrated webm has been posted, hundreds of times.

Attached: toji no miko.webm (426x240, 2.91M)

forced = forcing animation with a still image or a few frames to lazily imply movement. it looks stiff and dull.
dishonest is a complete meme. it's just shit direction.

The same sound guy came back from season 1 though. Unless you mean the song that the band plays in which case I agree.

Point? All cgshit is smooth. Try to do something stylized and creative like Kill la Kill does with it's limited 2d animation.

>Guess how many times your overrated webm has been posted, hundreds of times.
Not by the same person though.

So you're basically telling us that ufotable are dishonest studio since their works are known for using dozen of filters, lightings and camera movement?

All cgi and rotoscoping are shit no exceptions.

Attached: rotoscope cg.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

It's CGI. Unless there's a rendering error it can't be anything but smooth. Sakuga is the art of creating the illusion of fluid motion in 2D animation. It's meaningless to call CGI sakuga when the fluidity in it is inherent to the nature of 3D animation and not an illusion created by artistic license.

Sakuga is not just "anime kino" you ESL shit.

This could've looked so good if it was stylised properly like the rest of the 2d characters in the show and had proper weight. There characters look ugly and weird of course because of the cheap imitation cg and the way they move is off. It feels "springy".

Proof this was rotoscped?

yes

Ufotable has a pretty big mix or both great animation and low-effort animation concealed by post-processing effects, but even the latter is rarely as bad as the shit you see in OPM webms at the start of the thread. Animation can be 'dishonest' and still create a good-looking final product and in fact it's pretty normal to use camera and lighting techniques to limit the amount of animation necessary for a shot. It's not inherently bad, and as long as it's used alongside shots of actual sakuga it can help the action feel more focused, weighty and intense. But using transparent frame overlays to try and conceal the fact that you're using the same half-dozen keyframes on loop with no in-betweens looks fucking abhorrent and is clearly just a corner cut to avoid the effort and time necessary to make animation that looks good.

>terms don't evolve over time
Sorry gramps but cgi can be sakuga now and they also have spikes in animation aka sakuga.

Attached: ctarl ctarl ain't furries.gif (320x232, 438K)

Dishonest animation. Violet Evergarden just overdramatises everything

Attached: 1023908439048234.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

i will never understand how people are able to enjoy the looks of ufotables post production
it makes me sad because they've made anime that looks pretty nice like naoko-san and yoyo to nene

Please kill yourself

How is it not forced, faggot.

If we go by the definition of excessive movement just for the sake of having more frames of motion to animate to the point where the body language and character actual appears unnatural or silly, then it's typically bad. The Joshiraku example is a clear exception because the whole cut is a meta joke about forced animation. We call that physical comedy.

If the amount of movement and animation doesn't have a negative effect on the overall presentation of a cut then it's not inherently bad even if it's unnecessary, but by the same token having more motion animated well doesn't always contributed positively to the overall presentation of a scene. Closeups and quick cuts might be easier to animate and present less motion to the viewer, but they can also have a very positive impact on how a given sequence looks. We piss on sakugafags specifically because they prize the quality and quantity of sakuga shots over the overall visual presentation of a given series of cuts, which in turn leads to idiots like obsessing over appropriating the label in a desperate appeal to legitimize something they like.

You have serous brain damage.

Here's the new hotness, MMD will rise again.

youtube.com/watch?v=z-Jxu8p3iSY

Forced or not?

Attached: 1558713183390.gif (500x213, 2.54M)

I'm only now noticing that the two guys that go flying in the center reuse the exact same animation, too.

Maybe you just like colourful stuff?

>HURR THE ANIME HAS CUTS AND CLOSEUPS EVERYWHERE BUT ATLEAST IT DOESN'T HAVE GOOD ANIMATION
Hello brain dead retard.

Attached: atleast it's not forced xd.jpg (960x960, 57K)

This. Fuck that retarded toji spammer.

>If characters animate smoothly it's forced
Dear God why do I still come to this board

>forcing animation on something that clearly isn't
What the fuck does that even mean?

can someone post that stein's gate scene where okabe and faris are sprinting away from trouble on a budget of about 5 dollars

Going by the definition by user here[]. It's definitely bad.

it's more that the digital effects in their other stuff are incredibly overbearing and imo pretty ugly

Attached: (you) 3.jpg (1000x1215, 208K)

because they look like ragdolls

still looks better than Berserk

Forced animation is retarded use of resources. All that distracting movement in the foreground yet the background is just frozen in time. It's just shit direction.

did i just see an uncensored anime girl's nip? or is that a boy?

this looks like a fucking twitter meme

In certain kinds of writing, particularly in art criticism and literary criticism, it is normal to come across long passages which are almost completely lacking in meaning. Words like romantic, plastic, values, human, dead, sentimental, natural, vitality, as used in art criticism, are strictly meaningless, in the sense that they not only do not point to any discoverable object, but are hardly ever expected to do so by the reader. When one critic writes, "The outstanding feature of Mr. X's work is its living quality", while another writes, "The immediately striking thing about Mr. X's work is its peculiar deadness", the reader accepts this as a simple difference opinion. If words like black and white were involved, instead of the jargon words dead and living, he would see at once that language was being used in an improper way.

-George Orwell

Attached: 1557639819948.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>newfag complaining about image spam

Attached: fuji1.webm (852x480, 2.84M)

Plenty of forced moemation in Little Bitch Academia. Pic related not even being a good example however what's with those extra motions huh?

Attached: forced.gif (500x281, 972K)

That's just like, your definition, man.

This cut was incredible.

Attached: 12483097908439483.jpg (848x808, 171K)

>77
Checked.

I'd say it's a mixed bag. I generally like the studio's use of colours and lighting but the studio's main director of photography likes to blend 3D effects with the 2D animation which tends to end up obscuring the latter. The final product usually looks fine but that compositing approach can be kind of frustrating as I like to see the 2D animation stand out. But I suppose on the other hand it can be argued that the final product is the sum of many things put together so I guess the drawings are just one piece of the puzzle? Oh well, I guess that's what genga books are for.

>overacting
"Forced" animation is really just disruptively excessive animation. There are some rare cases where it's not the animation that causes the same feeling but rather the editing.

is this forced?

Attached: sakuga or forced.gif (441x250, 2.74M)

Orwell has written endless tirades about literary critics because he has a personal beef with them and was obsessed with it. Understanding the arbitrary nature of language and ways that connotation can be used and misused simply to fill a word count with something resembling an opinion is important, but misusing a quote in substitution for an argument of your own is ironically just as silly of an error.

all of nichijou

There's nothing arbitrary about proper use of language user.

yes

good animation = forced = bad animation

Attached: 43653232.png (650x750, 409K)

You've committed a very comical error in assuming "proper" or "improper" has any greater inherent meaning in the discussion of language than "living" or "dead" has in art criticism.

Underrated post.

the notion that there exists a knowable proper use of language is arbitrary bucko

no

See definition here

Holy fuck you're retarded. That is the opposite of forced animation, where excessively intensive animation is used for something mundane. This poor animation for a high intensity scene.

It sure is summer in here.

Attached: noein football.webm (560x314, 2.78M)

This. I've always thought shit like Berserk was the perfect embodiment of forced animation.

Post examples then.

>What is wind?

FLCL. Like the entire show.

This is not forced. It's just bad.

hair doesn't move like this outside of otaku animation. you don't want to see what people look like you want to escape to fake overly idealistic diarrhea art

maybe

Some of the shit in this thread is exactly what Miyazaki was shitting on. Some animators need to get out more and actually look at real life for reference instead of just trying to concoct how people would move and act.

How come you guys answer him and not me

Sweet Jesus that artifacting and bitrate.
Stream kiddies actually pay for this.

Man I sure am glad I dropped this shit.

>yes

>no

>maybe

We did it lads.

I guess people just missed the post. But yea that Kizu shit is definitely forced. That mistake of a trilogy is riddled with hideous near photo-realistic cg.

Attached: Nazca.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It only looks that way because they looped the animation and played it forward then backwards just for the sake of keeping the leg moving, and it wasn't particularly good animation to begin with. It looks like either the cut was unfinished or didn't line up with the planned duration of the scene and they had to lengthen it in editing to avoid just having a 30 second still.

The whole movie is like this so no, not really.

this

dishonest animation
forced animation
Shit animation.
rotoscoped

Everything else is either good or average.

Who says a whole movie can't be forced? The 3d looks atrocious and it's sad that GenAbe had to waste his talents on that shit. The cg backgound really took away from his stunning burning cut.

The actual character motion is just normal. It looks very natural and is animated well (probably because it's rotoscoped but who knows). The photorealistic CGI background is obviously an intentional stylistic choice intended to contrast the 2D animation and unique colouring. It's a running motif both through the tv series and the movies. I'm guessing that's the part you were getting at but it's not really even related to animation or what we mean when we say "forced"

There's a moment later in the same scene where Shinobu is writhing on the on the ground in an uncanny and comically excessive fashion that is definitely forced, but it's also once again very obviously done intentionally and the uncannyness is used for effect rather than just being the unintended consequence of an animator with too much time and too few references.

This.

>excessively intensive animation is used for something mundane
it's called exaggeration, which is sometimes used for comedic effect or to give importance to a scene.
forced animation is forcing the audience to see animation where there isn't.
go back to school, kid

This is now a dragon-ball sakuga thread.

Attached: GODcha.png (852x480, 8K)

Yep.

>implying shafts backgrounds haven't just bee shit for the last decade

Am I too late to stir some shit?

Attached: 1493256834542.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

Fuck,forgot the webm.

Attached: Yamcha_wolf.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

finally, a brain

i can't tell what exactly happened except one of the robot loses a hand

what a brainlet

Attached: 1508582030338.jpg (493x443, 152K)

>deliberate = forced
I know you're trolling, but goddamn.

> It's a running motif both through the tv series and the movies.
Nah. It's also done in their recent totally unrelated shows and looks disgraceful. Shaft are just stingy and lazy and don't want to hire a proper backgound artist. This is what the kizu movie should've looked like, with the better style from the tv series and proper backgrounds. The couldn't the quality of the original promo.

Attached: 20913230824234.png (1200x630, 1.27M)

The clouds and sea dont feel like there are there. But there are things like seagulls and people moving in the background. The lighting and tree's shadows just feel flat.
Really they only need to fix the sky/clouds and sea.

That's just typical Orange.

Attached: 1493257277350.webm (853x480, 2.9M)

this is good animation in OPs2 standars

is this forced animation?

Attached: 1530013681457.gif (853x480, 459K)

Looks better than 95% of anime to me.

Attached: 1558715946853.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

All of the leaves on the ground being completely static despite them being on an elevated location facing the open sea is also pretty off. It's uncanny for there to be seemingly no wind whatsoever.

what is rotoscope user?

yes, it's excessively over-animated.

I was think that as well. Mainly the whole background felt like a picture, while the main characters and some background things flying and moving.

You're joking right? It's cheap unremarkable shit that any studio could easily shit out.

Look around you when there is strong wind. No ones hair looks like this.

Yes, someone definitely forced their stylus against a tablet to draw&animate this.

Yes.

It really doesn't and I like monogatari.

If you're an uneducated idiot, yeah.

I'm glad no one outside Yea Forums using that retarded term

This is literally the last good thing made by JC Staff. youtube.com/watch?v=AsyzVNbPAcU

I'm sorry you're a moron, it's like cgi, it depends on how it's used

>cherrypicking and it's bad anyway
Most of their backgrounds look like this dogshit. Only 3 gatsu had actual ones.

Attached: cg vomit.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

UQ Holder had good limited animation.

Most definitely. It's horrifyingly forced.

Fuck you this is awesome

>there R no rules
Sure user, you can use words whenever you want wherever you want, however the fuck you want, but if you want to communicate something other than "I am a retard" to somebody else, there is definitely a proper way of doing it.

No, it is a good representation of poured milk.

If it's consistent throughout the entire movie/series it's not forced but a stylistic choice.

if it's just one scene here and there with no reason for it to be it's forced.

She turned cyborg in one scene, then she wasn't, then she became cyborg again.

Hello onee-chan lover

The character isn't, but the background is.

That can't really be considered an error when she can show/hide her weapons when she wants but I get your point.

They need to update their ps2 physics game engine. Balls don't act like that.

Maybe you wouldn't have dropped your crackers if you'd quit WIGGLING AROUND SO MUCH

Why do they make it so fucking hard to follow what's happening?

Why would she transform, then immediately transform back to say something before transforming again?
This is just a continuity error.

I don't see what being a stylistic choice has to with it? People always call stuff that's a stylistic choice forced aka the L&L and Joshiraku.

>If it's consistent throughout the entire movie/series it's not forced but a stylistic choice.
Are the dirt cheap cg backgrounds and the loose character style in ImoImo a stylistic choice because that shit is consistent throughout the entire series? I like SHAFT but they have their shortcomings, fuck their fake 3dcg backgrounds.

Is this how you faggots cope with your anime having shit animation most of the time?

Attached: IMG_9997.jpg (764x713, 124K)

That's why I said that I get your point, it's obviously an error but you can overlook it.

Anime have the best animation. Yuru Yuri's limited animation is way better than disney's ugly cancer.

If they chose to use cheap CG backgrounds through the entire thing then yes.

stylistic choice doesn't mean it has to be good. it just means they chose to commit to that one style for that movie/series for one reason or another. that they were satisfied with the end result enough to consistently do it that way.

My expectations are non existent so I don't care.

Attached: -.jpg (600x905, 71K)

I gotta watch this film again.

>stylistic choice doesn't mean it has to be good
Stop pointing irrelevant shit out then. Also i see how you conveniently ignored my other points especially about ImoImo's loose character style. Kizu was garbage and they failed to deliver on the quality of the first promo.

more forced animation. Look how this spring is overacting right now, completely forced.

Attached: 1548692955118.gif (506x415, 85K)

Not everyone like rotoscoped animation. They feel it's a shortcut, like CGI-ing cars and robots.

I can't believe we live in a world where someone watches this and thinks
"Yes, this is exactly what I wanted, we must keep paying these people !"

This.

>Closeups and quick cuts might be easier to animate and present less motion to the viewer, but they can also have a very positive impact on how a given sequence looks.
Very much agree. Also close ups can actually be more difficult to animate like in the famous case of Violet's mechanical arms in Evergarden.

So "forced animation" is the new "artificial difficulty"? What's next, "over paneled manga/comic"?

Sit down folks, real animation incoming.

Attached: Boruto.webm (532x300, 2.79M)

It's not irrelevant when that is the style they chose to go with. If that style is overanimate everything then that's not forced.

I didn't comment about imoimo because I didn't watch it and have no interest in arguing about something I don't know.

completely forced and contrived. NEXT!

Attached: blood supply.png (1280x1083, 1.49M)

That's just rotoscoped CGI
Bad is not the same as forced

Motion blur is the worst effect invented, fite me.

"""Native Isekai""" and """Chunishit""" because these sad shits like to hate on fantasy shows. We're not allowed nice things.

>188572277
Faggots like you will burn in the lowest levels of hell for all eternity while demons with horsecocks tear your assholes apart.

???

mate, it's literally pivot.

Shakey cam

>I didn't comment about imoimo because I didn't watch it and have no interest in arguing about something I don't know.

See>If they chose to use cheap CG backgrounds through the entire thing then yes.

Just stop posting you dumb faggot.

ONE is pretty guilty with his over paneled webcomic.

>Yea Forums's narutard board regular is here
>posts garbage full of cost cutting smears

Imagine thinking this is a good scene because of muh production values

Surprised no one brought up this gem of overanimation.

Attached: grave firefly.gif (500x269, 999K)

That's because the thread is not about overanimation you illiterate faggot. It's about forced animation.

see>The 3d looks atrocious and it's sad that GenAbe had to waste his talents on that shit. The cg backgound really took away from his stunning burning cut.
that is what I was talking about there autist.

What do you mean "choose"? That they "chose" to make cheap insipid shit? They "chose" not to deliver on the first pomo? That they "chose" to cut be cheap and lazy? Fuck off.

>It's not irrelevant when that is the style they chose to go with.
It is.

That guy is mentally ill. Don't waste your time with him.

Overanimation is forced animation you troglodyte.
What the fuck is this if not overanimated?

Attached: TTGL Crying Iso Mitsuo.gif (400x846, 1.84M)

THE LOLI MUST R U N ! ! ! !

That is how choice works, yes.

It's not you disgusting ingrate. It's overexxageration.

What the fuck is all this if not overexxagerated shit you cretin?

Not that user, but it's clearly a stylistic choice with how its carried throughout the whole trilogy of films unless you're telling me that they were somehow "forced" to use CG backgrounds when that means jackshit for a movie production of that scale. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't criticize it just like with any stylistic choice.

He can't admit to the studio's shortcomings. Shaft have gorgeous styles but their production values, consistency and cgshit backgrounds are a joke. They need to put more effort into their works and hire actual background artists. Their productions are always let down by it.

Attached: f-e016.png (674x720, 814K)

It seriously doubt it. It's just their usual laziness and even if it was, it was a terrible idea. These fuckers have ruined the chance of the best part of monogatari being adapted.

jesus fuck, please stop. once you finish your college degree n media production you can come back and talk.

The fucking mongoloid can't even spell exaggeration properly. The only forced thing here is the last one. Everything else is fine.

Attached: Nichijou And Not A Single Fuck Was Given.gif (240x135, 2.8M)

fuck neo-neo-Yea Forums

go back to plebbit

This is super forced.

Attached: ohno124.webm (950x712, 2.1M)

Shut up, summerfag. How does this board not know what forced animation is now. People like you ruined this place.

kek, this has got to be the most forced in the thread

this is so cringe and spastic

Not that poster, die nichishit.

>jerky disconnected frames
>obscene overexaggeration
>didn't even animate the character's shape properly(no shading)
I can't believe how dishonest this animation is.

freakishly forced

Attached: ab572jd9x.jpg (840x700, 368K)

>I don't feel so good Orochi-sama....

>sperg talks about over-animation
>calls fucking sword of the stranger over-animated
>also conveniently forgets this shitfest

the direction is really bad and tasteless. i hate shows that can' take themselves seriously

Except it is. Toji no Miko is heretical for being so fucking lifeless, it's completely flat but not overanimated.

"Forced Animation" does not exist you troll.

This is just QUALITY.