If I like grimgar, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, sage's grandson, That time I got reincarnated as a slime...

if I like grimgar, How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, sage's grandson, That time I got reincarnated as a slime, and the rise of the shield hero will I like overlord?
I just got done binging shield hero but I desperately want more to watch.
the thing about isekai for me isn't the whole being transported to another world I don't really like or care about that premise the thing for me is that it's all fantasy which is what I like so I prefer isekai that has less 'videogame' elements in it which is why I haven't given overlord a try it seems like it's very heavy on the videogame aspects of isekai.

Attached: google image like the 7th picture or something.jpg (960x540, 259K)

overlord is better than demon lord and shield hero.

If you like shit anime yes. The pacing is wrong, the anime is shit, the dialogue is shit. It's a "go read the light novel" type of anime. If you like even 5% of the anime you'll enjoy 100% of the light novel.

Attached: file.png (715x590, 570K)

how is the pacing, if I watch the first episode is that enough to find the hook and feel out the show. most of the time something is recommend or shit on, on this board people always say you have to watch like half a season or so before it gets good.

All I know is the third season CG is legendary

shitty animation and poor voice acting can be hard to watch but a lot of the time it's way better and more interesting than anything on netflix or any other streaming website just because the writing is way better. I mean anime can be cheesy and camp in it's own way and has it's on cringey tropes but it's still better story telling than 98% of the shit on netflix.

You'll like anything then, you have absolutely no standards nor taste whatsoever.

maybe you could name some animes you think are worth watching that aren't 6+ years old that I probably have already seen.

i loved the overlord anime, but i only watched s1

maybe you could lurk more, homo

me lurking more wont lead me to what you think is worthwhile because Yea Forums isn't a hivemind governed by you.

Overlord killed my madhouse hype. Not even one punch man can save it.

go bother reddit for reqs I don't give a fuck

>will I like overlord
Overlord has a serious problem that may gate it for some people. It's edgy. It's edgy as fuck. Casual murder, torture, mutilation, grievous injury, rape, cannibalism, homophagy...

I'm fine with all of that if it's not hamhanded and brash

it's not. the girls in the series sometimes force themselves into waifu mode though, not different from any other harem anime but sometimes it feels out of place.

I never use reddit, not necessarily because of the communities it harbors but it's format is fucking ugly, it's an eye swore to lurk through a thread on reddit.

anyways I don't know why you bothered posting in the first place.

To formally inform you that your taste is bad and you should feel bad.

He likes Slime and Kenja no Mago, 2/5 isn’t so bad

>sage's grandson
didnt even realize this got an anime

The first season of Overlord is worth watching, then if interested you should swap to the LNs since the later season goes to shit yes to need to start reading from the start even if you watch S1. It's an okay isekai if you like standard fantasy, but it gets pretty grimderp at later points that'd even challenge Warhams40k for cringey writing lacking self-awareness

Attached: 1543256836836.jpg (528x619, 80K)

yes the show will grab your attention from the first episode.

Related. Also read the novels.

Attached: 000_1549047307.jpg (903x1280, 270K)

Watch the first 2 seasons of the anime, then read the novels and watch the s3 of the anime when you already know what's going to happen
that's the best way to experience overlord
s3 is So awful that you will get 3 times more entertainment out of it with the awareness of how bad of an adaptation is.

Overlord is shit, the entire show is hur-dur MC is so OP isn’t it funny how OP the MC is.

Attached: 5LYzTBVoS196gvYvw3zjwFygflM184WcXBBOK0fRwGBH-EU6NRFFUqiNlTK8bMpd.jpg (650x328, 29K)

The anime gets the hook around episode 3 don't listen to the retard. But even so just read the novel because the anime botched the novel and it's low budget. Season 2 and 3 were even worse. Thought the video game elements are pretty heavy in the first two volumes.

This!

Attached: 1557540908301.gif (568x630, 747K)

Read nigga, read.

Read the LN.

Attached: 1541882138695.jpg (486x476, 48K)

>Read the LN.
>literally believes the LN is LotR

Attached: boom!.png (800x531, 317K)

I did its shit.

Delusional Overfags .

Attached: 3bL3l11vh9y4to1_640.jpg (607x608, 63K)

honestly I think the overlord manga covered the ligger war better than the anime

Overlord is shit. Imagine your most cringey edgelord friend larping as a skeleton lord with tons of evil minions, inviting you to play DnD, then setting his skeleton to be a god and all his minions to be lightyears stronger than everyone and they have a massive fucking mansion and god level magics and items. Also he makes sure all your characters have to constantly acknowledge how powerful and rich his edgy skeleton is.

That's pretty much the jist of it.

Overlord is okay until you realize that they have a deep cast of OP characters in a custom-built world, and they decided to go with the story they did

Having your shit taste, surely you'll like it. Isekai are for 30yo kissless virgin neets and retards.
You can't watch pic related having that brainlet IQ.

Attached: basedgod.jpg (781x564, 52K)

Attached: 1557795577527.gif (447x576, 698K)

>unironic isekaitard
You need to be 18 to post here.

You mean they decided to go fucking nowhere.
Maruyama just wants to tell you about his world, he doesn't want to have his characters DO anything in that world.
It's Ainz sitting in a sandbox, moving dirt around.

Attached: 1531694519676.png (883x628, 758K)

Attached: 1558692367234.png (883x628, 725K)

Attached: 1558652341784.png (524x524, 141K)

I bet you haven't even seen 90% of fantasy anime thst you claim to love so much, lil zoom zoom isekaitard.

Attached: heh.jpg (590x550, 53K)

Attached: theonlychad.jpg (599x599, 29K)

Attached: theonlychad.jpg (343x335, 37K)

based

Attached: 1558249093786.png (800x450, 383K)

Konosuba is the worst dogshit ever.
I personally would kill myself before watching a second of that garbage.

Attached: Based.gif (498x458, 3.27M)

Attached: ains 105.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

HxH is the worst dogshit ever.
I personally would kill myself before watching a second of that garbage.

Attached: Ahem.jpg (1061x870, 150K)

Nice paste, you are just showing your brainlet IQ.

Attached: 1558648841843.png (1012x835, 513K)

quit being so melodramatic, no one cares about your faggot opinions

Attached: 1532565102812.jpg (833x696, 143K)

Samefagging
>You need to be 18 to post here

Attached: based.jpg (400x400, 20K)

retard

Nice paste, you are just showing your brainlet IQ.

Attached: 1558688841647.jpg (607x608, 94K)

>the thing for me is that it's all fantasy which is what I like so I prefer isekai that has less 'videogame' elements

so why don't you just look for fantasy anime? are you retarded?
Seirei no moritibo, Juuni kokuki or whatever

Attached: dissapoint.png (304x237, 84K)

>so I prefer isekai that has less 'videogame' elements in it
>likes sheild hero
You are contradicting yourself. Overlord is fine though in that regard. The videogame stuff woudn't be so bad if the MC stopped bringing it up all the time. He could have easily just resurrected as a skelly mob in some fantasy setting and story could have been the same.

Also want to tell you that overlord is an ugly cheap as shit production especially in its 2nd and 3rd seasons. But the fact you seem to be fine with sheild hero makes me think that won't be an issue for you.

suffer

Attached: fufufu.jpg (2000x2600, 2.04M)

Grimgar is way better than overlord.

Fuck you and your shitty retarded waifu

Attached: bestwaifu.png (350x500, 232K)

take that semen dispenser out of your mouth before you reply to me again, incest zombie

kek

I enjoyed it quite a lot.

That’s because Ainz manipulated the setting of Albedo to love him as a joke when the Yggdrasil MMO was ending. Shalltear’s background includes her creator’s various fetishes including necrophilia.

doesn't make it any less stupid or out of place

Overlord is a dark comedy. Most of this is played for laughs because for literally everyone outside of Nazarick it's tragedy.

Even S1 is shit in comparison to the LN. Doesn't mean the anime is bad, but they don't have the budget nor time to spend on dialogue or world building the way the novels do. Which is honestly part of the fun of the story, the whole logic of whole the world is constructed and the histories of the various characters.

>Aquafag still SEETHING over getting raped in his own thread
I like Aqua but fags like you are an embarrassment.

Attached: 1557952719348.jpg (800x468, 73K)

I think most of the problem with the anime is that there's no inner monologue at any point. Which is really important for almost all scenes. Like in volume 9 when Jircniv is trying to figure out what the actual fuck is happening in his diplomatic apology to Ainz for the worker's incident and is thinking he's somehow outmatched and 8 steps behind when Ainz literally doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and has no real awareness of what's going on.

The scene was comedic in the LN but because inner monologue just simply isn't adapted it ended up looking like power level dicksucking in the anime.

Attached: 1536666756196.jpg (2500x2500, 685K)

It is out of place, because guardians collectively lose their minds around Ainz.
I wish I had the picture of Ainz at the bar with Albedo and Shalltear around, and in his thoughts he just wants to drink alone.

>those gifs
based retard!