Can we talk about this show?

Can we talk about this show?
Did kayo really think he'd be okay with her marrying his friend, I mean to them he had the same mind as a 12 year old nobody really got shocked at his sudden maturity at handling the situation.

Attached: images - 2019-05-24T031354.117.jpg (516x285, 18K)

Why is Yea Forums so bent out of shape by this? He never saw her that way. He just wanted to save her so he could save his mom.

He kept blushing around her

How the fuck did the teacher go around killing and doing all his shit without people noticing.

Kino, the show?

It's such a shame that best mom had it the worst through this "fixed" timeline.
Sure she's stays alive in this but she had to take care of her comatose son through a large sum of his better years while seeing his friends grow and progress.
Fuck that teacher.

>15 year coma
>doesnt use time travel
>both him and his mom wasted 15 years.
> he has to start from scratch with the pizza girl so we have no idea if they hook up. She is in high scool?
Its been awhile but how did they explain him keeping his past memories when it keeps getting overwritten???

He keeps his old memories AND he's younger than when he started, 25 compared to 29. So it wasn't a waste for him, really. The skills he honed as an artist weren't lost, as we see in the ending.

Are you guys just mad that she fucked the trap?

if he didnt have time travel it was a really dick move
but i much prefer the high school girl, although the story could have existed without kayo or the high school girl

>everyone mad over the NTR
>time travel was never explained
>MC literally yells at god for another chance and time travels again

>15 fucking years
>a whole childhood/teen years lost
>wasn't a waste
Tell that to his mother. Who in another timeline, actually gets to raise her son up proper.

Considering the alternative, where she gets brutally murdered, it's not so bad.

Better alternative is going back and stopping the teacher but lets not do that for drama

B-b-but muh self-incert

I'm sure she'll understand if he tells her.

>proper
>becomes a deadbeat literally who mangaka working at a pizza place
No, user. No parent wants that for their child.

Also, I feel like a lot of people missed the point of the timeskip. There's a narrative problem in the form of a paradox that arises from Satoru significantly altering the past, since that creates a reality he never lived through. He'd either have to be zipped to the new "present" with his current memories, which contradicts his abilities as explained thus far, or he'd have to live his entire life over. That's the only thing that makes logical sense, but it would be narratively unsatisfying. The coma is a pretty elegant way to have him technically live through the same time while also not being aware of it. As a plot device, it works.

I feel like throwing up seeing the ntr. The rest is pretty alright.

>That's the only thing that makes logical sense, but it would be narratively unsatisfying.
Are you dim? the coma is narratively unsatisfying.
Its not that hard to execute and maybe he could've done something different this time aroumd. The coma is just a cheap plot device to bring him to the present that doesn't expect the reader/watcher to think to deeply into how much he's made his mom suffer or the experiences he'd missed.

I can sorta see the flipside though
>Kayo thinks they had a romance
>Expects him, who from her POV is a 10 yr old that is in love with her, to wake up after 15 years and be cool seeing her kid

Even if you nix the romance bit. Can you imagine how shitty you'd feel if you were 10 years old and then suddenly you'e wasted your formative years and your friends all have children.
He really got shit karmic payoff for all the lives he helped.

But he's a successful mangaka at the end and a few years younger as well
I'd love to have those

Yeah but still, there's a gap in is life. Alls well that ends well because plot, sure.

>Its [sic] not that hard to execute
It's not that hard to execute him living his entire life over? Are you fucking mental? Things would obviously be very fucking different if he relived his entire life while being aware of the future. The coma was an elegant way to move him forward in time while keeping his meddling in the current timeline to a minimum. He sets the course, then gets out of the way. It was a logistically elegant solution to the problem of needing to tell his entire life story twice. As a writer, I appreciated that.

I've seen it happen in at least a dozen different narratives exactly like this one. There's montage and they skip to present day. No fuss. No bullshit.

>a magic coma that delivers him to the exact right period he needs to be at is elegant
>"As a writer"

Good luck writing Gilligan's island episodes.

>a montage is sufficient to show an entire alternate life
What
>magic coma
I didn't say it wasn't convenient. But it does the job of advancing the timeline without him being a part of it, which is pretty goddamn elegant.

>What
He grows up pretty much the same with slight variations. 10 pages max. Its not hard with manga. Read more.
>But it does the job of advancing the timeline without him being a part of it
Except, because it changes his mom's life for 15 years and the lives of every single person he interacted during his childhood and adolescence. Its as inelegant as thinking a woman won't get pregnant because she's on top.

Shut the fuck up. Why did he save her? TO SAVE HIS MOM? No, he saved her so he can get that loli puss.

Why didn't he just go back in time and uncuck himself?

>When your killer waits 10 years for you
>But your girl don't

F

Lies

Attached: 1509693055014.jpg (750x728, 270K)

I think everyone agrees the anime had shitty writing. No point picking the lowest hanging fruit.

>As a writer
Writing blogs on tumblr doesn't make you a writer.

I thought the coma was a pretty cool way to timeskip, though I agree the mom deserved better.
What annoys me was the teacher suddenly losing his killin instinct and being obsessed with the MC. I understand that they very well couldn't have had him continue his streak ovr the past decade and a half for it to be a happy ending, but it felt very forced.

Maybe they could have had him somehow sacrifice his memory of the future in exchange for getting the guy.
Like, have the butterfly come and get him everytime he returns to his original timeline, but then in order to escape the ice lake he has to swat away the butterfly or something.

Attached: 1545762689352.jpg (1400x900, 225K)

The unbelievable amounts of butthurt on Yea Forums for not getting their shitty cliched forced romance will never stop being hilarious to me.

Why so upset? She wasn't even a loli anymore.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boku dake ga Inai Machi - 07 [720p].mkv - 0007.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

He was in a coma for 15 years, safe to assume she thought he was veggie for life. Sometimes in life your cute childhood crush moves on and fucks one of your friends instead. Sato rolls with the punches and goes for pizza girl instead.

>establishing certain expectations and then subverting them for the sake of it is good writing
>implying the hack author simply didn't do it for his NTR fetish

Those are my main complains about the show. The mother was literally GOAT entire series and as a reward her son gets into coma. Thats just sad. And he doesnt even tell her nor his friends about the time travel. Thats so unsatisfying.
I didnt expect him and the 12 yo girl to end up together and its for better that she didnt wait but fuck her. From her perspective she should wait. Also him meeting pizza girl should be expanded. I want to know if they end up together.

>From her perspective she should wait.

You have some serious problems

t. basedboy male feminist

Maybe i have because i would wait till the age of 25 for someone i love. Id expect the same.

I really hope for your sake that what they had isn't what love looks like to you.

It's unhealthy for the narrative. In real life, you'd expect someone to move on. In an anime, however, you'd expect some kind of payoff at the end.

Reminder that the Kayo is willing to wait for the MC to wake up, it's just that his mom thought this would ruin her life and moved the MC somewhere she wouldn't know.

One that really got fucked was the mom.

The guy got to have his normal childhood, then do time travel shenanigans where he was in a coma for the second time around so it was like he only had the one real childhood. But the mom ends up having to live with the memory of only having a kid that was stuck in a coma throughout his teenage years.

Of course Satoru was like 29 and i dont expect him to be a pedo, but from Kyako perspective - she surely had strong feelings since he saved her, not sure if love.

Here we go again

Attached: cdc.jpg (800x450, 82K)

>establishing certain expectations
Stop thinking every girl needs to end up with the MC

but they would be cucks otherwise and muh self-insert must get the pussy. But for real though, I don't mind if the MC doesn't get GF. Better leave it out, if it would be forced and etc

Anime characters are retarded.

Why was the teacher going around killing them instead of doing other stuff? This is loli Kayo from the Netflix live action.

And didn't the friend become a doctor? I bet he didn't even try to be a doctor and looking at research about comas. He probably just went for some other shit to make fat cash while fucking Kayo. Absolutely based.

Attached: 1548046611929.jpg (1920x1020, 685K)