Sakamoto

Just finished the show bros. Very Funny.

I don't understand the ending though... why did Hayabusa ask if he was lying?

Attached: sakamot.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mangadex.org/title/22479/migi-dali
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait bros! I just found out there was a extra special!

I'm going to go watch it right now!

Attached: jahy1.png (1012x1178, 556K)

>missing the special

Attached: 1552087614830.png (922x576, 713K)

Sakamoto is secretly dying of cancer. Since he knew he didn't have long, he wanted to live on in people's memories. That's why he's so obsessed with acting cool and living up to everyone's expectations.

If you liked it then check out the mangaka's next work after Sakamoto.
mangadex.org/title/22479/migi-dali

Is this actually real? Because its too sad to be real

The manga was funnier. After watching the fire scene, I dropped the anime.

nice stupid spongebob theory stupid. I just watched the special he clearly goes into space and is in America right now

Attached: tf.jpg (374x374, 41K)

Attached: nlezy7w.png (700x1018, 461K)

You have to let him go, user.

HES LITERALLY ALIVE AND IN SPACE IN THE SPECIAL, STUPID.

THAT'S TO REPRESENT THAT THE MANGA IS OFFICIALLY OVER AND "DEAD".

Attached: AKKOWRRY.jpg (354x423, 83K)

How does sakomoto desu ga translate into "Don't you know Im sakamoto heh"?

Japanese is such a dumb language

Sakamoto is an alien who came to earth to survey its inhabitants before the invading armada would come to destroy/conquer it but found himself fond of humans and therefore committed himself instead to protecting the human species. Notice all his references to space, space travel, and NASA. Not to mention his inhuman movements and coolness.

Cancerfags are depressed losers with little to no imagination.

Manga is indeed better. Comedic timing is a bit off in the anime, and the secondary cast is grating (except for the based delinquent).
It's a shame because Midorikawa is excellent as Sakamoto.

>How does sakomoto desu ga translate into "Don't you know Im sakamoto heh"?
It doesn't.

then why did that get written in the Special episode where Sakamoto draws the title with the spaceship?

Because it's the official English name.
Like how Shingeki no Kyoujin doesn't translate to Attack on Titan, but it's still the official name.

No, I feel like its left intentiously ambiguous at the end. Like the show is saying it really doesn't matter and it wouldn't impact how entertaining the thing was either. They had a premise and ran with it and thats that no deeper meaning.

Attached: 1524318518178.jpg (362x296, 20K)

he's fucking ded

Him singing Der Erlkönig was foreshadowing

I couldn't find anything on the usage of ga as a sentence ending, but presumably, since ka (か) is a question marker, ga (が, note that it's just a slight modification of ka) would have a similar usage but represent a different tone. Sakamoto desu would be "I'm Sakamoto", and the usage of ga as the end of the statement makes it a question, asked in a rhetorical manner rather than a genuine one.

This is also a completely valid point though, sometimes Japanese authors settle on English titles that don't match the original, either because they don't know the language that well or they just think it sounds cooler that way. Other times they don't have a say in the localization of the title at all and it's left to some hack intern at CR to decide. I'm just speculating using what I do know to infer the things I don't.

It's completely ambiguous as to where Sakamoto went. He simply left, so it could be as simple as he moved to another town. The coffin panel is just ambiguity like "Is Sakamoto leaving to go die somewhere, or does it represent the end of his time there at the town?", and the special ending is just silliness as if "I guess he left to go back to his home planet since he's so perfect compared to everyone else he may as well be an alien."

Desu ga basically means "you know" and can be used in the same way as we use it whether it's at the start or beginning of a sentence.

Attached: ku0iUqY.jpg (1546x1318, 725K)