What killed the hype?

What killed the hype?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 2.45.08 PM.png (620x92, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
desuarchive.org/a/thread/188526093/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bunch of hxhfags

Shonenfags

Election tourists (mobile posters) and Yea Forumsermin.

Few people seem to actually watch anime anymore. They just come here to collect new smug anime girl reaction images to shitpost with.

Moe

Reddit and discord dropouts who migrated here
Also this

Lack of Gatekeeping. Anyone who is anti-Gatekeeping isn't Yea Forums.

>Moefags spamming the catalog

>Few people seem to actually watch anime anymore
It's because only 10% of the new anime is good.

Attached: a.png (1880x233, 119K)

>cute and funny posters did better job than jannies most of the time

Watch older anime then, fag.

These kinds of animals are allowed to post here.

Attached: Untitled.png (915x485, 111K)

elitsm has died out

>Nu-jannies banning threads they don't like every day until you like it, effectively killing this board's ''identity''
>Election tourists as previously stated
There are some anime that get hyped up and a shitload of threads about it from time to time, last one being darling in the franxx.

Yea Forums
Yea Forums
/pol/

You're not even trying to even look at the catalog right now, are you?

Trannies

nujannies killed board culture

fetishfags, /u/niggers and shonenfags infesting other threads, shitposting contest for (you)'s, mods banning and deleting the wrong threads/posters, too many generals (it's only natrual that the quality of discussions sinks if there is a thread every hour instead of just on chapter days etc.) and also these

The virgins that used to rule Yea Forums turned into "have sex" posters and they're not slowing down any time soon.

Normalfags

Most posters only watch 5 anime a year.

We all went to other imageboards.

>anime and manga
>there's no manga other than shounenshit

Attached: 1558395120304.jpg (748x748, 46K)

I'll admit I'm not watching a single show this season. Normally I'd at the very least watch an original but they're all boring.
But I still do keep up with various manga. Those are still fun.

Someone told you to do your part and you didn't listen.

This

Attached: twitfags.png (1163x870, 433K)

>manga
I try to avoid discussing manga on Yea Forums because U usually read completed manga and some faggot would just spoil it

I dont even watch anime
manga is better

Yea Forums died when the fish did.

Attached: sakura fish.jpg (301x320, 22K)

Yea Forums has turned into a manga board now, but not everyone has accepted it yet so the vocal minority ( anime fags) just spread their cancer

newfags, hxhfags, nostalgiafags, celfags, seasonalfags, yurifags, oldfags who think of themselves as valuable to the board because they've been here for 15 years despite having the anime knowledge of someone who's started watching 15 months ago, studiofags

That should cover all the major groups.

Attached: 1554249411989.gif (480x270, 896K)

We need manga board.

Attached: 1494191435682.png (933x1050, 561K)

>openly talking about Yea Forums on twitter
fujoshits were a mistake

Attached: 1482210782069.png (720x720, 911K)

>Yea Forums has turned into a manga board now
go back to where you belong

it died when it stopped being animu and mango

this isn't Yea Forums anymore

you forgot the biggest cancer of them all - moefags

>Yea Forums has turned into a manga board
No wonder Yea Forums is so horrible now.

More like we need a /jump/ board.

Attached: 1511173658840.png (392x320, 118K)

Bad writing, diamond dozen plots, incel MCs?

Why can't we admit that Yea Forums is as bad as it always was and anime just got worse?

newfags

ITT: everyone but me is the problem

Attached: 1548117600635.png (915x645, 113K)

How do I become the problem?

The mod team is fucking awful and a fan of them got outted as newfags/normalfag bronies that don't even watch anime. They've been removing board culture/sanitizing the board to make Yea Forums easier for plebbitors and child to invade
>sadpanda kill
>sakurafish kill
>sfw loli kill
>DJT kill
>r/a/dio kill
>mogra kill
>wake up koume kill
>yui claus kill
>buyfag forced to change their OP as a retarded loophole
>cannot make threads about specific arbitrary topics (strike witches, monster girl, im@s, love live, kancolle, etc.)
>any threads with young characters arbitrarily banned (gochiusa, prism illya, colors)

Meanwhile
>naruto threads allowed
>20+ shounenshit generals 24/7 allowed
>rec threads allowed
>netflix and CR shill threads allowed
>blog threads allowed
>3dpd and politics garbage allowed
>anime youtubers
>low tier shitposting everywhere (wojak, pepe, "incel", "thot", facebook/twitch tier abbreviations "rn", "omegalul")

Yea Forums is a unique case of a good board that was single handedly ruined by moderation instead of an influx of bad users. Yea Forums had amazing self-moderation before when shounenshit would get dubspammed and rec threads would get reported and told to fuck off. I don't know what happened in the past few years.

Attached: 1506566660760.png (410x816, 409K)

Apart from the loli threads, moefags aren't detrimental to the board. Seasonalfags already reduce the quality of debate. And the pseud-oldfags, who are no more than a different shade of newfags, contribute less than the moefags, yet they stand on ceremony because they've "been here for longer".

based and rebel-pilled

Why can't you admit that the huge influx of newfags on Yea Forums in the last 5 years didn't have a deplorable impact on the quality of shitposting?
Because you're one of them.

Old Yea Forums on the left, nu Yea Forums on the right

Attached: 02.jpg (1859x1038, 1.06M)

and here we have the actual cancer

Most of your shitty template threads should never even have been allowed. Sakurafish is not board culture and it has never been.

It, like every board on here, was never good to begin with.

shitposters. You can't have a comfy thread nowadays without faggots shitting it up. /u/niggers are also the worst offenders

Unironically SakuraFish threads provided no value to Yea Forums.
Circlejerk threads are just discord bifore discord existed.

cringe

Attached: 1548875928172.png (524x524, 141K)

>incel
kill yourself

>>>r/anime

In his defense, I've joined this board 3 or so years ago and I know more about anime/animation or the industry than 99.9% of you people. This board is a fucking farce. The vast majority of you people laughable shiteaters who see anime as nothing but a convenient timesink. You're no better than Yea Forumsedditors

Y'all have problems.
Do better.
Be better.

Attached: 1493348530095.png (424x412, 276K)

Most anime discussion takes place on Kiketube and Plebbit. Yea Forums is old news.

Newfriends from other boards :
- Yea Forumsermins starting shitpost threads with an archetype OP
- Yea Forumsnsanguin americans worshiping Trigger because of their nostalgia, spamming the board with 20 threads after each new episode
- transex/u/als and their headcanon, if two girls looks are friendly it means they are gay for each other. You can't have a normal thread without lesbian spamming, worsen up if it has a male in it.
- /pol/ bringing their shit into everything, everyone hates niggers but keep it in your own board
- threads becoming generals, weekly shonen(HxH/HeroAca/SNK and others)/ manga or anime that has nothing new (DBZ) having constantly a thread at any given time / LN retards trying to make a general.
- Studio fanboyism ending up in war (Shaft/KyoAni)

Seething

This. Get with the times anons stop living in the past. Even Yea Forums would have fallen at some point. At least we'll always have the memories of all the fun times we had together.

>anime boy thirstposting
>i love girls a lot
What did they mean by this?

The lack of self awareness in this thread is amazing. Keep pointing fingers Yea Forums I'm sure they're the problem.

Attached: 1557782579833.png (520x600, 349K)

It was already dead since before they even started deleting loli threads 2 years ago. I always say it, phoneposters was a mistake, moot allowed the devs to make a css for mobile browsers in 2015. Look at the stats, when was the largest activity peak before the elections peak? it was after the fappening that's around the time when the new css was implemented. Moot killed Yea Forums before abandoning ship out of spite for getting dragged into the gg mess.

Attached: 1493960432250.png (185x185, 41K)

it was funny to pretend to be all elitist for a while and shit on narutofags, but then anons took it too much to heart and now you have a mixture of people who just can't seem to bring themselves to genuinely enjoy anime and the ones who due to the "serious" nature of this board find it easy to shitpost on it to get a reaction

r/anime, right on cue.

Yea Forums hasn't been a secret club in years.

missing tier 4 master race

Ah yes. Be buttmad at a word that targets (you)re very being. /pol/fags shitting up threads with their verbal diarrhea? nah man, that's og Yea Forums right there

>>sadpanda kill
Is not Yea Forums, belongs to /h/
>sakurafish
belongs to /trash/ and /offtopic/
>sfw loli
is fetishshit and not anime/manga related
>>r/a/dio kill
this one can stay
>>mogra kill
they are not banned, what the fuck are you talking about?
>buyfag forced to change their OP as a retarded loophole
they are still allowed to have their general, that's even worse. mods should delete it altogether
>cannot make threads about specific arbitrary topics (strike witches, monster girl, im@s, love live, kancolle, etc.)
they only get deleted if they're offtopic, so not anime/manga related
>any threads with young characters arbitrarily banned (gochiusa, prism illya, colors)
see above

Dumbass.

Attached: 1539139157758.jpg (300x100, 25K)

Cringe
Cope
Based
Seethe
Yikes
Have sex
Oof

The sakura fish thread was simply a FSN thread, it had no negative impact whatsoever on the board for years, why would it make any difference banning it now? if anything, it was containment for the FSN shitposting.

not him but both are cancer

word filter for this and "cope" , when?

I tried to warn you.

Attached: 59467qfV_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

There hasn't been any good memeable anime since 2017. 2018 was a complete dry spell of continuations/filler, forgettable one-offs, and fanservice. 2019 looks like more of the same shit.

Attached: 4a379271a8e3c9da980fb992cb725760.jpg (1094x1094, 100K)

>Newfriends from other boards :
The biggest newfags on this board are Yea Forumsnons. I know, I know, it's hard to swallow, but it's actually the case.

Attached: naruto day.jpg (1321x735, 250K)

>loli isn't anime/manga related
>no other medium has loli as a concept

I know, but I still think its pretty cancerous to act like you're on Yea Forums(nel) outside of it

I never saw discussion of FSN in it, it was just same posts over and over in the thread.

don't forget and probably a bunch more

Just passing by to say, the current captcha, fuck that shit.

What, sakurafish finally stopped posting?
If so I don't blame him for leaving. The only things that have brought me back here in the last couple years are Senko-san and Jojo part 4 airing.
What little I've seen confirms what I saw coming 6 years ago, Yea Forums really is reddit 2.0 now, and I know for a fact from old #janiteam dumps that most our our current mods for the last few years have been tumblr/reddit shitters.
You got it ass backwards. Our classic elitism was real and heartfelt, and served for a good while to keep out the type of poster who seems to be in the majority here these days. But sure enough some dumbfucks got Yea Forums in the mass media news and within a few years new folks are flowing in faster than they can soak up and adapt to our culture.
Critical mass was reached long ago and rather than adapting to the wonderful unique thing we had, they forced our ideals on it to the point where imouto and loli threads seem no longer welcome, lewd gets deleted, and the joy of nighttime Yea Forums will never be found again.

Damn I came here to talk about about cute foxes and got worked up over all the reasons I quit frequenting the shithole. I need another dose of Senko.

Attached: 1294816429881.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

The internet culture in general changed, it's a worldwide phenomen in that everything moves too fast and attracts people from all around the world. Mobile devices etc. make it even easier to take participation, thus suppressing the old userbase.

this thread proves that this board deserves all the cancer it gets
I hope that in a few years this turns into a wasteland of shounen and flavor of the month seasonal shit

Attached: 1440971608261.png (850x480, 487K)

Trying to rigidly stick to the rules while ignoring the generally accepted presence of some of those threads by the general userbase is part of the reason why Yea Forums is so bland now. We need more self moderation, more creative threads, more fucking fun.

Unironically when moot left.

Yea Forums was already in the media for years.
Poster count has been decreasing not increasing.
> I need another dose of Senko.
Enjoy your shitty show.

>the joy of nighttime Yea Forums
>we'll never have threads again of guys unironically, wholeheartedly giving advice about how to jack off over your sleeping sister.
Yea Forumsutism was too good for this sinful earth.

Waifufaggotry is absolute cancer. It used to be made fun of more but now people are treating it completely sincerely so every day we have threads and threads and threads about people posting their waifus and jacking off. Yea Forums has become some weird emotionally stunted cum bucket. Any discussion of anime devolves into waifu faggotry and that's it. Rinse and repeat. That and seasonal anime is cancer.

>more self moderation
read: I want to shit post more
>more creative threads
read: other people, please create OC
>more fucking fun.
read: I want to shit post more

>elitist
>watches Senko

Attached: 1537665989338.png (512x512, 300K)

Attached: Meanwhile.png (1200x857, 658K)

too ugly

Metathreads.

Attached: 1558298237341.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

Why do fujos get to keep a literal general?

>1 metathread per week kills the board, not the hundreds of shonen general and low quality template threads
truly a high IQ poster, right here

>What, sakurafish finally stopped posting?
His trip was permabanned.

Yea Forumsermin

How many anime do you watch per season? that's right nothing, kill yourself /oldfag/.

But is this still permabanned?

You can tell Yea Forums is fucking dead when even lolifags are newfags.

Attached: 1491808294993.png (439x474, 10K)

>should I try to make this board better by either making fun OC or wholeheartedly discussing a series I like?
>nah I better complain on a meta thread, post lolis to own the jannies and then shitpost about how much I want to sniff my waifu's ass
>yep, that's the true Yea Forums essence

Attached: 1465930884643.jpg (527x705, 26K)

>everything that isn't utterly strict, overly autistic discussion of anime is low effort shitposting
>there's something wrong with encouraging the rest of the userbase to make oc

Attached: fun-things-are-fun.jpg (640x480, 91K)

>Our classic elitism was real and heartfelt
The classic elitism was a bunch of newfags who watched garbage like Haruhi and Lucky Star, shit posted about it in every thread and thought they were special, when in reality they were merely fucking annoying. Mentally underdeveloped, annoying teenagers.

Hunterchads

>!!

Attached: 1555201355834.png (777x805, 795K)

>implying fun OC doesn't get shitposted into oblivion
>implying people watch/read anime/manga enough to wholeheartedly discuss said works.

Your theory is sound but unrealistic.

Well to be honest people have forgotten how to have fun. I blame the electionfags for bringing in politicism of the internet to here thus embittering the boards and Yea Forumseddit shitposters trying to create hardcore wars between everything

My brain automatically blocks every post with a moeblob pic attached to it, maybe I've just come to dislike modern anime in general since the majority of it consists of seasonal moeshit these days.

But OC is being made RIGHT NOW
I hope you made your contribution to the current Yea Forums draws if you like OC that much.
And anime and manga is being discussed like always, you would know if you watched anime or read manga. But most people who don't like current year Yea Forums probably don't partake in the Yea Forums hobby anymore.

This board has been around 15 years. Do you know what the definition of insanity is? If you're still trying to make this board better, or give posters the benefit of the doubt, then you are insane. Yea Forums is for shitposting. Nothing else.

I actually felt a pang of nausea from hearing that.
It'd be sad but at least acceptable if he moved on like the other oldfags but that's just sickening.
Reminds me of the time AoJ was banned briefly by some newfag mod for "promoting accelspam" by selling the only Accelerator shirt you could get for under $60 or so.
I wish I had the cash on hand when he was selling those delightful Korbo steins.

Attached: 1337573498280.jpg (2862x2137, 773K)

I'd say the problem is too many people are watching now. The fandom is very widespread but as deep as a puddle. The average retards streams on their phone and thinks they're actually watching anime.

>There is no manga discussion from these guys discussing manga but let's not count them because X reasons
There is a plenty of manga discussion. Just because they are not discussing the manga you like it doesn't mean that they are there.

>Shounenfags bringing consolewar bullshit here
>Generals
>Lack of gatekeeping
>People who confuse gatekeeping with vehemently defending shitty anime because it panders to their faggot NEET world view and life style

>namefagging
That is also a single thread. I watched an Yea Forums sings thread get shitposted into oblivion not two days ago.

>implying fun OC doesn't get shitposted into oblivion
Can you give a recent example?

generals, like any other board

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NO FUN ONLY MATURE WESTERNSHIT LIKE SERIES

>Generals
Generals got banished to the shadow realm by the mods

and then there are faggots who green text like this

Moderation has been pretty terrible since gookmoot took over. It's great.

Advertising is against the rules.

Idk m8,i was pretty hyped to see what's up with Yea Forums after hearing about it for years but the hype died down real fast when i came and realised its no better than some faceberg groups i knew .im not here and on reddit bcs they are better but bcs here is where everbody is.muh quantity rip quality .they are too big to be good

would be nice

>not using any capitalization

>People who confuse gatekeeping with vehemently defending shitty anime
Not sure what you're trying to say. At what point in Yea Forums's history has this board not been run by people who vehemently defended shit anime? Haruhi, Nichijou, FMP, Lucky Star, CGL, you name it. All absolute dogshit.

I love the kind of guys on the right though. They're perfect for getting cucked in NTR doujins.

Pretty solid bait. Not even the content of the post but the formatting in which you've provided it.
6/10 (you).

Tell me, Yea Forums. What do you consider FUN?

Attached: 1538437506993.png (500x421, 166K)

Nichijou isn't dogshit.

>but most people who don't like current year Yea Forums probably don't partake in the Yea Forums hobby anymore.
I agree with you. Notice most of the thread is either complaining about muh sakura fish getting banned or "why are people discussing anime I don't like". Seems like they care more about this board being how they want it to be rather than actually engaging in discussion of the hobby.

>this thread

Attached: 1550475709692.png (601x582, 149K)

I would say subtle, but you can't really put it past a Yea Forums Yea Forumsnon to be into netrorare nowadays.

Yea Forums going to shit has been good for me though. I spend less time here and more time fully enjoying the hobby by drawing, learning moon and actually watching anime and reading manga. I didn't start truly developing my own taste until I completely ignored Yea Forums's opinions.

It's been entirely too long since I posted this.

Attached: 20882eaccee4b775f47955fec7a43d6f.jpg (800x938, 330K)

There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a beta twink get his woman stolen from him and pumped full of alpha seed.

Lack of standards, shonenspic immigrants want the board to wallow in feces like they do. Throw those smelly turds back over the border already.

Attached: 1557509187237.jpg (565x760, 28K)

don't respond to /r9k/ crossboarders

Attached: me.png (470x469, 489K)

Worthwhile conversation with people who have explored animation beyond surface level
Worthwhile shitposting with people who have explored animation beyond surface level
Trolling of people who have explored animation beyond surface level
People whose favourite anime aren't sthitty juvenile comedy shows
People who actually watch anime films and shorts, a demographic that makes up for less than 1% right now.

Attached: 1549121248266.jpg (1224x1199, 340K)

Just because a thread doesn't have "general" or "edition" in the OP doesn't make it not a general

>post lolis to own the jannies
This site had a loli-dedicated board in the past, cancerous underage newfag. There is literally nothing wrong about posting SFW lolis unless you're an underage plebbitor with mommy complex who thinks of himself as mature for fapping to used goods and dead eggs.

>people who have explored animation beyond surface level
What's that mean?

Complaining about the one meta thread that makes up .01% of the board's content instead of the 90% shipping and shonenshit threads.

Mods are pretty bad even for 4ch standards. Rec threads stay up for hours, spoon feeders don’t get banned, I got banned for a week a few days ago because I posted a get in a rec a thread, it’s so weird.

I've been a lurker and rarely active for a few years.still not sure what reddit spacing is or what's up with the formating.This always happens to me,im dismissed via meta reasoning that seems nonsensical to me

never forget

Attached: 1371463625787.jpg (252x299, 57K)

Here's a random segment of the current Yea Forums catalog. All the red circled threads are threads that are about waifufaggotry or something a 12 year old would post. You'll notice that this is pretty much true for the entire catalog. There are a few discussions about anime and manga in there but the majority of it is basically teenagers jacking it to their waifus and roleplaying with other compliant anons.

Attached: random clip.jpg (1352x653, 180K)

Did I kill the hype?

It's literal shitposting, report it and move on

>everything that isn't utterly strict, overly autistic discussion of anime is low effort shitposting
Yes, first day on Yea Forums?

This is the final redpill.
The people who are actually into anime/manga and knowledgeable about it spend more time engaging in the hobby rather than shitposting here. That's why only retards are left on this board.
Though I did get some nice recs out of this place.

Attached: 3e6.png (540x540, 17K)

Well, looks like it's confirmed.

Attached: 1421854154973.jpg (499x498, 181K)

Yes

To give two examples: Sakugafags, Lainfags. I'll gladly take some mentally stunted college freshman who spends their freetime over-analyzing Lain, over another FUN poster. The anonymity has become this boards biggest problem. It destroys most of the worthwhile discourse you could have.

meant for

lain pseuds suck dude

I'm sorry.

General crossboarding shitters, shonen, Yea Forums tier studiowars, and forced garbage like time flop, dishonest X, or native isekai just to name a few

They do, but they are still better than the shit currently on the catalogue.

>The anonymity has become this boards biggest problem.
Now THIS is Reddit.

Stop kidnapping my waifu. You're a robot, my waifu is too small for you

>break rules
>blame mods
This is why you teenagers shouldn't be here

soooo... the guy telling me im improper.... is actually the one that's improper... ? U sure about that? cuz it looks like self entitled reasoning to me

Anonymity isn't even the problem, it's the fact that every single poster for over half a decade has made even the worst tripfags look like quality posters.
Also kill all fujos

Yea Forums has declined ever since they became mainstream and started to adopt mainstream conservative talking points and culture. Considering that conservationism is an ideology of death, it would make sense that all that it comes to kiss would also wither away and die. You chose this fate anons.

overmoderation

Not worshiping the one and only true chad Leorio Paladiknight!

Attached: theonlychad.jpg (599x599, 29K)

Most of the faggots who post in loli threads are oversensitive newfaggots. Just make a single post saying "loli = cp", "lolicons = pedos" or "X isn't loli" and watch how they kill their own threads with their fights and drama because they're too stupid to ignore a post.

Attached: 1499645992949.jpg (960x1280, 236K)

>The anonymity has become this boards biggest problem
If you take that away we become no different from r/anime or r/manga (save for the non pirate rule)

>the worst tripfags look like quality posters.

Am I a quality poster?

I can't have people see me watch anime. And I download it on my phone, at least.

Based.

shitposting is shitposting, I don't know what you're saying

Threads get derailed when someone making them mentions kissanime instead of crunchyroll or nyaa.si and mangapark instead of mangadex.
anime became seasonal supermarket shit instead of genre defining.

In layman's terms, it has become stale and oversaturated.

Anonymity wasn't a problem in the past becasue people were still wary of posting despite being anonymous. The internet has changed. Now they don't care. They realize that they can shit post to their hearts' content and nothing will happen to them. Anonymity now literally promotes shit quality. People realized there's nothing to be afraid of.

>third world ESL fuck doesn't even understand the difference between conservativism and "conservationism"
Back to /qa/, Pedro.
I don't even know who you are.

Shows how often you actually browse if you think a discussion going slightly off-topic always necessarily devolves into shitposting along the lines of "I want to suck on her toes"

Attached: stop sucking a.jpg (704x396, 50K)

And who is the one stirring shit up with those low effort bays? it's (You).

I was a small tripfag back in the Summer of 2012. I only show up these days during really shitposty threads, like this one.

Attached: 1558606808306.jpg (272x153, 17K)

the userbase is complete garbage now. I'm not going to call them newfags which may or may not be true, but they are uninventive, bootlicking, unfunny garbage.
For example:
Nagatoro thread:
> what's this called again?
> 100 replies of unfunny garbage
EVERY FUCKING THREAD
we see the same fucking shit every thread for years on end, and nothing new develops because it's inevitably reported or deleted.
Simply put: our problem is fat chinese from vancouver

That is actually watching anime you idiot, be it HDrip or Stream, that's like saying if it ain't VCR, it ain't watching a western movie

That was auto-correct.

it would just be dead as shit, and turn into /vg/ style generals.

>99.9% of websites have accounts/names
>comes to one website that is anonymous and complains

>not watching anime in the living room on the t.v. with a loud soundbar
Phoneposters belong in the trash.
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Why would it be dead? It'd just be slower than Yea Forums.

why u bad speak my shity?

Kill yourself.

No it isn't.
see

There are too many rules here now. They were always there, but moot never enforced them, so it was fun to post.

You make it sound like I haven't been using this shithole of a website for 15 years. I am not dumb enough to deny that anonymity promotes shitposting.

says the tripfag

Why the fuck are you posting off-topic youtube videos of american comedians? Go spam your shit on

We NEED forced trips so I can filter some of the retards who spam off topic nonsense like this

At that point I had done one of my yearly fuck-offs, so I probably either wasn't around or you didn't make much of an impression on me. Regardless, the new crop of tripfags who arrived in 2011 were all pathetic trash. Bring back Meru.

/thread
You can't even namefagging without being mocked, despite it being useful to differentiate you if you make a thread.

I hope you've already said sayonara to your waifu.

Attached: Laser sword.gif (500x281, 985K)

>Literally mfw

Attached: 1531694519676.png (883x628, 758K)

>I've joined this board 3 or so years ago
Stopped reading there, 2016 cancer.

I'm not the one who starts shit (at least not intentionally), I'm simply calling them out because they're stupid.
Check a recent thread: desuarchive.org/a/thread/188526093/
It was so bad that a mod deleted 1/3 of it.

Attached: aa63d04ad4117a2673ce5ebd60d13d82.jpg (1190x1684, 887K)

Stop shitting up /raildex/ threads you cum guzzling whore

look at the number of manga threads up right now
those threads living for a month wouldn't improve the conversation at all, really it would hurt it

What we need are flags so I can filter every single American.

I used it primarily for shitposting and attentionwhoring, which seemed to be on the uptick from 2011-2013. I got bored of it, so I stopped doing it. I managed to kick up a small fanbase, but it was all pretty superficial.

there's no hype anime anymore

every anime nowadays is based on a manga or LN, so we all now the spoilers from the beginning

the last hype anime we had was Darling in the Franxx, but that show dropped the ball so hard and turned out shit

Didn’t we already learn that Canadians were the cancer that killed Yea Forums?

EHfags

I remember when any Big 3 thread would get saged into oblivion. And when the same thing started happening to Lucky Star but the mods banned everyone.

Get out of my sight, hiatusroach

Attached: 1480928772823.png (443x451, 162K)

but it's an american bbs

I don't even post in raildex threads my dude.

*everything

That entire thread deserved to be deleted.

What a lewd picture !!!

Attached: 1558648841843.png (1012x835, 513K)

>monster girl
weren't those banished to /c/ ages ago

This is the problem. Anime died for the most part, so only stragglers and ironic weebs remain. People were saying anime was dead as far back as 2007-8, and it's 11 years on from then. There's NOTHING left to talk about. It's over, like Yea Forums and their dead film industry.

And that's how loli threads are now.
As I said before, even lolicons are newfags.

Attached: b036799a6baae9e17eaa772ca17e2617.png (600x840, 184K)

I don't know about "what killed the hype", but Yea Forums should mandate an IQ test before letting retards post here. And then you have to name your IQ test and your approximate percentiles on each subtest if you want any chance of being taken seriously. Then, and only then then, we can have a filtered, retard-free zone board with high quality discussions.

Attached: 1537209408178.jpg (781x564, 52K)

Based Hunterchad.

Attached: based.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Does every work have to be about furthering the art form? Do works just for cheap entertainment value mean nothing? Does entertainment mean nothing? And if it means nothing, then what does it speak of humanity when we have memorialized things such as the Roman coliseum?

I don't even care about the loli thing I just hate waifufaggotry in all its forms.

You'd be filtered from the discussions you want to take part in.

It's not that it was on the uptick, it's just that post quality on the entire site massively downgraded in that era. [a/ stopped being good after 2006, died in 2008, and became a putrid festering corpse by 2011. The rise of new normalfag boards catering outside of otaku interests attracted a bad wave of people, which is why boards like Yea Forums of all places kept the spirit of Yea Forums alive. By 2009 [a/ became indistinguishable from AnimeSuki and MAL. Though even that wasn't as bad as letting actual tumblr users and underage third world children on here. Now since anime, hentai, memes and weebshit are popular with every Instagram browsing grade schooler and 20 year old minority community college student, site and anime culture has become homogenized.
When's the last time you saw Marked for Deletion (old)?

Sadly I'm aware of the baiting and the out of control replies to the baits, but the problem in the first place is that those baits rarely get moderated, if you report all the baits in a loli thread, the janny just deletes all the thread at once. This happens often, either because the janny is a newfag hating on harmless SFW lolis or a lazy faggot. Though, I personally noticed a trend since the site was split, it's not just on Yea Forums but on any board and in any thread where there is a talk about lolis suddenly at least a couple of these low effort baiters show up to stir shit up, it's more likely that someone is trying to keep the things in check, I'm not sure for what purpose, it may be related to the ads revenue or it could be a psyop, the moderation team doesn't notice what's going on, I'm really wondering how did they even get the position since on /qa/ a janny said that the recruitment process is a strict one and only capable people is allowed in the team.

The current state of seasonal anime is barely even entertaining. Maybe if you've just been introduced to anime it is but it hardly compares to older anime that didn't just tick all the boxes or have this whole cute girls crap carrying the show.

I vaguely remember you as part of the cancer generation of tripfags.

Am I the only one left representing the ‘08 - ‘09 trips? I think drt is before my generation.

People said the same shit 10 years ago and they were shouted down. Now we're here, on a board of almost nobody. The sane people all left.

>[a/

I always hated that meme.

I am a bit salty that you consider the downfall of Yea Forums starting with the year I arrived here. I don't mean to be so unlucky!

Maybe it's just me, but when I'm just lurking and reading, I haven't noticed much of a change over the years. People still post and bicker about the stupidest of shit, as they always have. I don't get involved in the stupidity as I used to, as I don't think it's as fun as it used to be, but maybe my expectations of the site are different from other people's. Regardless of what anyone uses this place for, I still think it's worlds better than other places on the internet.

Yeah I was pretty cancerous. I didn't give a single shit about tripfags or tripfagging until I picked up one myself, so I don't really know anything prior to 2012.

Triggered a lot of subhumans with that post.

>nowadays

What makes you say that?

The Hunterchad is too absorbed in Literature and Philosophy to waste their time with manchild power fantasies. We read classics - Tolstoy, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, James Joyce, Tennyson, Rilke, Goethe, William Gaddis, Julio Cortazar, Ford Madox Ford. - Proudly, there'd be no way of us not taking part in these discussions, let alone get filtered by an IQ test.

Attached: 1498781413009.png (392x236, 80K)

Because 99% of people here are retarded pedos.

>Being so mad cute boys get to be pure AND get the girl
Fucking cope

Yep fuck this.

Don't hate the actual name of the board. Even moot had [a/ - Anime and Manga as the title.
It's not the downfall, trust me. [a/ was completely irredeemable shit by 2009. Everything within the past decade was just further desecration of the corpse. It's not better than other places on the internet because other places on the internet (that are still somewhat relevant) have all invaded and replaced the former populace. Children whose primary entertainment is YouTube, Twitch, and Tumblr come here and transform this board into their own type of community. It's indistinguishable from the rest of the internet, from Discord servers, from YouTube comments, even from other boards. How many times do you see people going worked, seething, have sex, what did he mean by this and other non-[a/ memes, when prior to Titty Monster becoming a crossboard meme, if you used any type of non-[a/ meme you'd get crucified and told to go back?
You were barely around back then, sure as hell no mimw, Cink, TBRM, 60%, etc in terms of posts and presence.

Horo a shit but you're right. Nobody lurks 2 years before posting anymore, the other day some faggot in a jojo thread was freaking out because he couldn't write to be honest abbreviated form, that's something even people who don't visit this site know about, the poster above or below you could be someone straight out of facebook still with the facebook cookies in its browser tracking his shitposting too.

I don't remember Bleach threads getting shitposted.

Jewtube animay community and reddit

He did.

Attached: hxh.jpg (2000x2000, 467K)

I still look at the rest of the internet, if for no other reason than because I'm always looking for the best nest to sit upon, but I still see a fair deal more quality in the userbase here than in other places. I won't postulate upon the reasons for such an opinion, as the reason would no doubt involve crossboarding opinions, but I think therein also lies the difference. I don't really hold Yea Forums any higher or lower than the rest of the Yea Forums boards. I don't frequent many other boards, or even regularly, but I do appreciate that there's a sense of "Yea Forums" everywhere I go in this place, and not just a sense of "Yea Forums." Perhaps Yea Forums is not the meme-maker it was in a decade past, but you can see simply by browsing that it is no less populous and, thus, no less relevant. You can see the pervasion of anime and manga based posters on every other boards, as anime and manga reaction images are used quite frequently everywhere on the site.

I don't see such familiarity anywhere else. Everywhere else I go, all I see is a sense of hate for everyone else. Everywhere else on the internet is just brimming with hate for anyone even slightly different than their rigid memes. As always, Yea Forums is best when it comes to freedom, not just of expression, but of impression as well.

There's too many shitposters attacking from different sides in loli threads. There's some guy posting older loli and baiting people to reply to him, there's some guy who thinks loli is prepubescent only who constantly feeds the trolls non-stop, there's constantly meta-posters who feel the need to talk about how the thread is shit and being derailed.
Why is it so difficult for people to just post and talk about little girls and ignore morons who try to derail with off-topic shit?

>blatant Yea Forumsermin format for OP
congratulations, you're in one's thread. Why the fuck haven't mods done anything? It isn't even hard to tell OP is a corssboarder

My presense was always low, but I still miss my friends Matsuda-chan, 60%, Natsume and all them. Still keep in touch with Tohno, but that’s it. Even SHiN and mimw shiposting threads had some character to them, unlike anything now.

And then the others, Matsuda, Gar Expert, iNfinity, Jake the Snake, Anonymous of Jacksonville, Manko, and all the other guys. A lot of strong personalities.

Look at this faggot lul

Attached: perma.png (927x482, 95K)

Is this....is this something you're proud of, man?

I have one better.

Attached: liking naruto.png (757x243, 40K)

[a/ is near the bottom of the boards due to a complete lack of relevance and innovation. OC is beyond dead and has been for a literal decade. The increased populace is a negative thing if you're looking for actual quality discussion from people who know what they're talking about vs waifu shit and OH NO NO NO LOOK AT THIS DUDE-tier middle school memes. Even Yea Forums as a whole for years has hated anime reaction images and rightfully called them out on any non-weeb board, since instead of being used by actual fans they're being used by so-called ironic weebs (circa 2014) and their successor, mentally ill discord trannies.
However, thankfully [a/ failed in its attempts to actually cultivate and maintain a good userbase with equally good taste, so now you get literal shonenshit constantly on the frontpage. Any entry-level series with normalfag pandering waifus like One Piss, AoT, DBS, MHA are praised to high heaven.
There is no difference between normalfags and actual fans nowadays. Ironic weebs have the exact same tastes and mannerisms as regular anime viewers. This site has become the McDonads of anime communities in terms of users and taste.
Thankfully, [a/ dug its own grave back in 2009 and deserves the shit community it has now, as their misguided elitism compounded by their reverse-luddite love for anything and everything new while shitting on any type of older discussion as
>hurr fuck off nostalgiafag
is why I enjoy that the board has become effectively globalized and soulless. It's justice at its finest.

I hardly visit Yea Forums nowadays. Of course the first thing I see when checking for the first time this week is a meta thread.

Can we get rid of the idiots that can't understand a simple chart. Or is it just shitposting to call everything furry? If so I don't get it. It's a waste of effort either way.

Attached: alternatefurrychart.png (991x434, 360K)

>tripfags whining
Must be doing something right then.

>muh 80s were better

Go get AIDS then

Death to all twitter users

The Yea Forums sings thread got deleted?!
Why??

At least you stay on topic here. I can't talk about vydia anymore

SEETHING zoomer detected

Jesus Christ all these tripfags to filter. No wonder this place went to shit if they're tolerated.

Enjoy societal collapse.

Tripfags should never be tolerated, but filtering doesn't solve the problem. You should harass them until they stop posting.

Giving them attention is what they desire.

I've never seen a man this right on Yea Forums.

Have you not noticed that Yea Forums is full of generals now?

Yea Forums is more Yea Forums.
slower boards and longer threads turn things sour.

just be glad you don't have it as bad as Yea Forums

Seriously cannot get myself to read through the shit on there anymore. This place is a lot more tame, even if its still trash.

I like Yea Forums as blue Yea Forums.

Nah, because what tripfags did was make their own vent/irc/skype groups and circlejerk together to shitpost with one another. Some tripfags even responded to their own posts as anonymous with different IPs. Not to mention how back when threads were automatically deleted after 5 reports, they would auto-report all on-topic threads with a script to make sure that only their shitposting threads would stay on top.
Of course, that was last decade and now those dead programs have been replaced on Discord, but the same still applies. Filtering is not a solution, it's being confrontational and scaring them off of here, which is easy enough to do if they leave a big enough trail of breadcrumbs.

sticky this mods

General threads, not a single one is good. They're as bad as /vg/ ones which are all atrocious.

What do you think caused the rise of generals?

Yea Forums is unironically a decent "anything-goes" board at certain times. They're terrible for actually discussing games (even if they were good 10+ years ago, and I miss that), but their random threads can have decent discussion.

Women and minorities

The shitposting illuminati.
Not even joking. There are organized groups dedicated to destroying Yea Forums. It's a sport to them.

Kill yourself boomer, your time is long gone.

Right now? if so, probably because it's US after-work time and newfag US jannys with an agenda infiltrated the ranks. Who is watching the watchers?

Maybe if you're a shitposter who doesn't go to the actual games threads.
"I only come here to shitpost xD" are fags shitting up every board.

nintendo fan detected

>actual games threads
I'll challenge you to name ten made in the past week.

Code Geass overtook the board, so Strike Witches faggots made generals.

Yea Forums

Attached: 1553200141606.png (517x186, 120K)