Hunter x Hunter ( HxH )

The Buddhist influence in Hunter x Hunter goes beyond mere passing imagery: it is part of the very premise of the show. The main character, Gon, was abandoned by his father, Ging, when he was just a baby. He wasn’t left in the woods or anything—Ging dropped him off with family—but it was still parental abandonment, all so that he could go off and be a Hunter. Yet he’s never condemned for this. Gon does not suffer for his lack of a father figure, and he does not foster resentment. Instead, he wants to learn more about the occupation Ging left him for: to be a Hunter.

This may appear to be just a ridiculous situation. Obviously, parental abandonment is generally bad, and the scenario has been contrived for the sake of a good adventure story… right? But this apparent disregard for familial responsibility is actually a part of Buddhist tradition. The Buddha himself left his wife and son to seek enlightenment. Eventually, he found a way to Nirvana, or complete liberation. This requires minimizing or severing attachments and aversions, including familial attachments.

Even if Togashi Yoshihiro isn’t drawing a purposeful parallel between the Buddha and Ging, the influence of Buddhist tradition in this scenario seems undeniable. When you realize this, you can better appreciate what otherwise seems ridiculous: a boy admiring his father for leaving him to go on an undefined search for "that which I can’t see in front of me now."

Togashi incorporates many other Buddhist themes, terms, and images in his fantasy world—ideas that require a bit more study to notice. The more you learn about rebirth, nen, and Eastern perspectives on morality, the richer your Hunter x Hunter experience becomes.

Attached: 335DD9D4-74B2-454A-9D3C-D036B5C962F8.png (835x785, 633K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tK-d2LJlaaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Name a bigger hack

Attached: 201904615.png (131x231, 41K)

based hunterchad etc. you already know the drill

Attached: 1534671541070.png (491x335, 112K)

Oda

>etc

Attached: 1544426791115.jpg (1085x1031, 526K)

I've noticed a similarity between people who prefer Yorknew over CA and people who prefer shonen like One Piece or BNHA over HxH. They usually have short attention spans, and they usually miss a lot of the details and themes in CA.

Pitou is the best girl and is my wife

Attached: 44917049_p0.png (1024x1280, 637K)

Kurapika

Attached: 0500CB8E-C74F-4347-9D3D-12E934E96E04.jpg (578x1000, 397K)

this but unironically

i saw a youtube reaction where someone didn't know why meruem got poisoned and had to die with komugi even though it was explicitly stated in the past several episodes, and that person's favorite shonen of all time is one piece. so yea it makes sense.

The protagonist's dad actually being around the entire time would've been a significantly more revolutionary setup within the realms of chinkshit cartoons, what series do this?

Another fine HxH thread, still waiting on new chapters though.

Netero did nothing wrong

Kurapika Kurta

Attached: 2FDF7D40-D263-48AF-8DE4-C6B5EF712AD6.jpg (835x749, 107K)

Can gooks be hacks too?

Kurapika Paladinknight

Basef

Attached: 301C22AA-6FF5-458C-A37A-0DB99D8EE692.png (800x1200, 171K)

Burrito

Kapsalon

Test

Up to no good again, huh Chrollobro.

Attached: 37202011-4AAB-4B6E-8A15-29588FB9033A.jpg (1280x1939, 638K)

Based

I can't wait until Hisoka kills all the spiders, I hope the association finds out and promotes him to a 1 star hunter.

if the fortunes during yorknew changed then that just makes it all feel so pointless

What?

half the spiders didn't lose their limbs. how is it telling the future if the future wasn't told.

Shalnark's fortune came true

just so you know, when hxh returns and all the real hxhfags come back, you'll be the first one to get called out for namefagging

Hisoka will die of old age.

How can publishers accept the hiatus' and the horrible art half the time? Is he sucking them off? How has it not been cancelled by now?

Attached: 38378632_p2.jpg (800x1000, 104K)

Only Allah knows

Got banned in the SnK thread that’s up right now but I’m back. Only like half my posts disappeared which is weird.

Fellow hunterchads, it is actually worth it to read the mango starting where the animu series dropped it?

Attached: 1531694519676.png (883x628, 758K)

the story is just too good to pass up on

Hunter x Hunter is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive complexity and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of shitposting both in their own threads and in the rest of Yea Forums. The superpowered characters all asspulling their hardest to cheat death, the stand-like nen abilities, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole Pitou faggotry and everything about the Hunter world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the chapter-long infodumps, lack of emphasis on art, and overall edginess of the series make it fit just right with the pseudo-intellectual drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Hunter x Hunter is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Yea Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Hunter threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here

Nice pasta/10

Attached: IMG_20190523_182402.png (304x237, 84K)

Yes chimera ant arc is amazing, so is the dark continent arc but its not finished yet.

Why are you laughing?

Togashi saved Shonen Jump from bankruptcy and was overworked when he did Yu Yu Hakisho so he forced them to let him do things his way and they had no choice in the matter.

Based Leoriobro

By then i’m too busy with analyzing HxH chapters and discussing the lore, chapters, events and clues. But thanks for warning user.

It's nice to be here with the bros.

Attached: cda9ceb4676c52f9dabb0fb2621d2d22822f91ec_hq.jpg (599x599, 29K)

Attached: 37795090_p0.png (1500x2041, 1.26M)

What happened to Ponzu poster?

Hunter x Hunter it's the Sheldon Cooper of anime

based

That was probably me but I stopped because nobody really showed any interest.

Attached: 3081C410-AFE7-446A-9844-4629DC9BD8D7.jpg (720x440, 33K)

For christ sake dude

Attached: 1E3096D3-7180-455C-B4DF-A593AE2640B8.jpg (708x750, 78K)

Will Kurapika fuck and marry Leorio?

That comparison made me puke irl.

Attached: Leorio_2nd_phase_hunter_exam.JPG.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Why do you have gibberish next to your name?

?

based hunterfriends, hope you're all having a good day

Attached: sleeping hisoka.jpg (640x480, 38K)

This may might become a funny and interesting thread.

Attached: 97336DA9-52EC-4ADB-9919-C8B2E0E1981F.png (640x480, 325K)

I think Leorio would be fine with it if he didn't hate fujoshits.

Attached: kurapikaisnotatrap.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Hisoka Sr
Hisoka Jr
Hisoka III

2 Leoriobros?

That's only the calm before the storm. We'll soon get our well deserved yearly batch of new chapters, be patience bros

Sorry, I didn't even notice.

Attached: based.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Posting the better version than the user who's posting the tran scan shit.

Attached: Selection casualties.jpg (485x400, 63K)

patient*

Attached: 70955406_p2_master1200.jpg (966x775, 262K)

Based Pitou.

Attached: mywaifu.jpg (848x480, 51K)

Attached: ;).jpg (699x750, 74K)

Hisoka wasn't in the CA arc despite being in every other arc in the story because he would've killed Meruem by himself.

Attached: hisoka.gif (400x400, 389K)

Attached: read the fucking manga.png (756x527, 190K)

I should do it, but I generally don't like mangos, maybe HxH is the first one.

Attached: imretarded.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

As much as I love hxh threads, with the long hiatus and no new chapters those threads become boring and repetitive quickly.

>>Be Bono
>Bono sees Hisoka
>Begins to play the song and dance of his people
>But all the holes are suddenly clogged with bungee gum
>Hisoka starts to emit his own creepy carnival music
>The cards he's throwing about transform into two tailed snakes, which somehow act as his instruments
>Bono wakes up screaming

Attached: 9F2255D8-B150-443C-B3E6-6B2006EAD9B0.jpg (927x750, 90K)

Hunting for your dream when?

youtu.be/tK-d2LJlaaQ

Chrollo cheated because he knew that he would've lost in a real 1 on 1 fight against Hisoka.

Man fuck this show.
>Leorio and Kurapika were my favorite characters
>Love how they interacted and cared for each other
>Kurapika's selfish vengence mission clashing with his capable self
>Leorio's selfish demenor masking the deep warmth he has for helping his friends
>Both of them leave after Yorknew and fuck off for the rest of the anime
>Leorio only gets an eighth of the scenes to his arc
I fucking hate this god damn shit.
Is there any show that has characters like Leorio and Kurapika, but actually uses them.

Attached: 48DF5BF7-E6F0-4DC4-98BF-648EE957ABAD.jpg (964x738, 98K)

The worst part is the how the Gonfags and Killuafags are still bitching to bring them back even though those two faggots have been hogging the entire series.

I am trying to imaging Uvogin in Kakin royal ship during succession war arc and future fight against Tserriednich and Benjamin

Togashi owns the rights himself unlike most mangaka, he's not a slave like the other dogs and he can do whatever the fuck he wants and they all have to suck it up.

It was 1 vs 1, Hisoka could have used the crowd to his advantage if he was smarter

Hunter x Hunter is a shonen in name only, it has transcended the genre a long time ago.

No

I haven't read the manga yet but I had the same same struggle with JoJo Part 5-7.
It was worth it.

Would King Bradley (2003 or BH) make a fine member of the Phantom Troupe?

Attached: 35162451_p0.jpg (492x800, 223K)

pitou is a boy, user

Will we ever see an end of this manga?

Attached: 703c76a6-5708-49a9-94be-0328b3ffaa8b.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Didn't you say you got bored of pitouposting?

Nice, it is the daily/hourly hxh thread.

How many times do you think about hxh when you not in front of it?

Me like 10+ times, I'm always remembering thread, some passages from the anime or having some ideas for bait or hxh threads. I can't study more than 20 minutes without hxh coming up to my mind.

Attached: hxh.png (809x451, 484K)

Had Uvogin not die, what then?

Nah I prefer gon + killua even though they are a gay couple. Never really liked kurapika or leorio even in the 1999 version. I wish there was an arc focused on killua's family or more about the chimera ants or even some arc with hisoka as mc.

Didn't you say that you were tired of Pitouposting?

>fellow
>hasn't read the manga

Attached: huntershitpost.png (1012x835, 513K)

Attached: 35561120_p0.jpg (493x508, 488K)

I've never said such thing, it was probably just someone pretending to be me or another Pitou poster.

>Nah I prefer gon + killua even though they are a gay couple.
Ok but I prefer Leorio + Kurapika and I want both of them to share a arc and work together just like gon and killua. Why don’t you like Leorio and Kurapika? I know I like them.

>Nice, it is the daily/hourly hxh thread.
Nice, I feel the same.
>How many times do you think about hxh when you not in front of it?
Too much and hell I even fantasy about it. I listen to the HxH soundtrack and watch/read some scenes/pages again. I never knew that a anime/manga like HxH can have so much influence over me that I’m literally daydream about it.
>Me like 10+ times, I'm always remembering thread, some passages from the anime or having some ideas for bait or hxh threads. I can't study more than 20 minutes without hxh coming up to my mind.
Same situation

Killua is canon gay. Reminder:
>Togashi previously wanted to write a sports shōnen with a canon gay crossdressing boy as the protagonist, but Shueisha shut him down.
>Togashi would then go on to write Yu Yu Hakusho, a hugely popular series.
>as thanks, and because Togashi had worked himself halfway to death, Shueisha allows Togashi free rein to do whatever he wants with Hunter x Hunter (hence his erratic schedules that would get any other author fired).
>Togashi also has full ownership over Hunter x Hunter, giving him absolute control over the story.
>now that he has so much power, Togashi plans on getting revenge on Shueisha for canning his gay sports manga all those decades ago by making Killua gay and they can’t stop him.
Further reasons:
>in chapter 286 (episode 121), Killua literally says he and Gon will commit "shinjū," otherwise known as "double suicide" — a term connotated with lovers.
>Togashi clearly has an interest in the "weird," as seen with Hisoka and Alluka.
>Togashi is married to Takeuchi, author of Sailor Moon — a series that features canon lesbians. In addition, the current Hunter x Hunter arc features a lesbian kiss between Morena and one of her followers.
>Yu Yu Hakusho has a gay couple: Sensui and Itsuki, showing that Togashi is willing to include gay characters and relationships in his stories.
>everything Togashi does is for a reason. When he includes scenes such as Killua's "Gon, you are light" and "shinjū,” he knows how fans will interpret them. To say otherwise implies he’s ignorant.
>to claim this is all bait is to insult Togashi, because that implies he's a hack who has to resort to the lowest form of writing: pandering. He is not that desperate.
>as seen in chapter 323 (episode 139), even Hisoka thinks Killua’s most “beloved” is Gon.
And the main reason:
>Togashi is a mad man.

Attached: D7LKmSnUYAYITZJ.jpg (1200x846, 150K)

I want Tonpa to stompa on my face

Attached: ad65855c89.png (802x613, 362K)

We know.

Attached: Gon and Killua 5.png (704x519, 280K)

HxH chapter 400

i see

HxH lost a lot of potential. Imaging all the arcs we could have had if Togashi only took few short haituses.

A Leorio arc, a prison arc, Meteor City arc, Illumi arc, ect. Such a waste...

The two phoneposting roleplaying namefags are the biggest piece of cancer that has ever hit HxH threads in the past 2 years.

You fail to mention that being a hunter is the polar opposite of Buddhism. Hunters are generally egomaniacs obsessed with pursuing some desire or another.
Ging did not abandon Gon so he could focus on enlightenment. He did it so he could go on adventures. The guy is also canonically a billionaire considering how much cash he blew to pay off Beyond's team.

Anyone who thinks Togashi can survive a Dark Continent arc expects Meteor City to be the end of the series.

Based and Buddhistpilled
Enjoy the suffering anons.

Attached: DSetpZKV4AAmH9J.jpg (1100x1100, 276K)

Once again why hxh > your favorite manga

they will never know the amazing Samsara wheel

Attached: IMG_20190423_010106.png (1104x976, 845K)

Attached: 40854777_p0.jpg (595x918, 372K)

Shitpasta/10

Attached: theonlychad.jpg (599x599, 29K)

Post the moment when you realized HxH was just another dumb battle shounen.

Attached: x11.png (790x1200, 111K)

>Posts moment that only has significance to the plot and nothing in common with "Battle shounens"

Attached: 1558556116783.png (307x285, 31K)

When will be see Nobunaga get into a real fight? I know it’s funny to mock him, but he’s probably at least a bit impressive. Especially considering how many fodder Nen users there are on the boat.

He's going to job to Leorio

Based and Buddhapilled

I actually wondered how a fight between them would go recently. Leorio can warp punch while staying out of Nobu’s range, but if the latter’s hatsu is just an instant strike in his range, perhaps it wouldn’t change much. Though if Leorio used his power the same way as Ging, then that issue would be circumvented.