Will anime become as popular as American cartoons?

Attached: b0c.jpg (500x375, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0NRJD-2ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it already is.

Attached: 1555078617185.jpg (640x480, 53K)

It kinda is...

I think it's killing western animation because cartoons have god awful animation now.

Depends what you mean by popularity
American cartoons are 99% meant for and watched by actual children, if you're talking about the size of the adult audience then I have to imagine that anime already dwarfs American cartoons in the west in that sense

Anime already is more popular outside of a few exceptions. American cartoons have become an esoteric hobby for landwhales on tumblr.

>2000
"What do you like to do user?"
Watch anime and read manga.
"Please don't shoot up the school"
>2010
"Lol what a fag!"
>2020
"Oh me too! What episode are you on in JoJo/Boruto?"

Attached: 1499108537311.jpg (260x282, 16K)

Not as long as I exist

Attached: 7FD77954-7BBB-4013-BD63-ECE682D1C083.jpg (1640x1242, 168K)

In my college I know way more people who watch anime than western 'toons.

I wonder if people recognize fate, MHA, and one piece more now than the mouse.

Attached: 1548216470301.jpg (478x466, 94K)

Not even in America are American cartoons more popular than anime.

Cartoons are so shit now that anime took over. Spongebob is the best currently airing cartoon right now! HOW

Please God, no

It is so painful. Most people have seen at least one or two anime and enjoyed it, but they still riff on people who are more into it.
>heh, you've seen over 100 anime? What are you some sort of antisocial loser? I have only seen like 3.
The group then proceeds to talk about multiple hour-format netflix/hbo shows that I have not seen nor have any desire to watch, but they describe as "its an ok show, you should check it out." Fuck me for spending 20 minutes during dinner watching something that I actually enjoy and not wasting countless hours on preachy, soulless trash right?

Why is Yea Forums continuously deluded about how popular anime is with normalfags? It’s not a closeted hobby anymore.

Outside of Ghibli films and certain franchises like Conan and Doraemon, in Japan pretty much all anime pales in comparison to the popularity of western 3D animated features. I'm pretty sure Frozen is the second highest grossing movie in Japan.

This is more about TV and not movies. Fuck Frozen tho

It heavily depends on what kind of social surrounding you have though.

This. Anime is super niche in Japan just like everywhere else. Western animation is mainstream in Japan, not anime.

>normie friends hate anime because it's "weird"
>they watch and love big mouth

Attached: 1493139074545.png (872x632, 258K)

Shonen is fairly popular, other genres like moe for example are not. I'll see people out in the wild reading MHA or One Piece, but that's the only accepted genre. I doubt most people I know who are "into" anime could even recognize Yui if you showed them OP's pic, and K-ON isn't exactly obscure.

Maybe if your social surroundering is a 3rd world country or literal boomers.

It’s not like watching Moe is seen as normal in Japan either though.

Well if it's about TV, then anime is already more popular than cartoons. The only people who watch cartoons are children.

i can just tell that nigger wants to post his quora links again

yep, Yea Forums is a good example of this

>It’s not a closeted hobby anymore.
it's not a full normalfag hobby either

youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0NRJD-2ts WTF happened to cartoons?