Does it really deserve the hate it had?

It was a different formula but it wasn't that bad overall

Attached: DigimonFrontier.jpg (1062x1500, 334K)

>discussion about a unique topic regarding a classic anime franchise many grew up on
>0 replies

>"hey Yea Forums isn't this 12 year old hot?"
>300 replies

such a shit board

The girl was cute but was a jobber.
I honestly didn't knew it was hated, it was my favorite as a child.

It was good until cherubimon was defeated than became the takuya and wolf-guy show

>takuya and wolf-guy show
God I hated that even as a kid why dose digimon always do that? They introduce a whole team and then sideline most of it with the acceptation of the MC and who ever his homo lusting after Tamers is the only season I can remeber that didn't have this bullshit.

Still better than Digimon Tamers

starts good, the whole children becoming digimon was an interesting concept though a furfag's wet dream but the show fell off the moment they went to
>let's make the lizard boy and wolf boy have more powers and drag the rest of the team for moral support i guess
they already did it with 01and repeat with 02, at least in 03 is understandable since the only 4 who were able to matrix had more attachment to their digimon compared to those who recently became tamers, im glad savers acknowledge that part of 3 making the 4 main characters able to reach ultimate forms

>"let's make them use the tcg to remind everyone this takes place in the real world"
>dropping the use of tcg turning into another isekai type of show

yea i thought it was good until it became the mc and his edgy rival show. I think this was one of the first seasons to have a darker feel but it didn't fully commit, at times there was an awkward clash between the darker atmosphere it was aiming for and the whimsical nature of digimons roots. As well as this, my main gripe would be that since the tamers themselves were the ones who turned into digimon, the show lacked that bond the other seasons had. The bond between the human and digimon was a big part of the show and what made it so interesting. They could have subverted this by having the main cast bond with each other in the same way but I feel like the other seasons did a better job of that as well, I honestly don't even remember who the guy on the far left is in OP's pic. Overall the show had potential but poor execution I feel, the digital world wasn't as interesting as in other seasons, the lack of partner digimon took away a lot of the appeal and the main cast wasn't as interesting (and half werent even useful towards the end of the show).

This is where I dropped Digimon as a kid.
I didn't like that the group was so weak, it felt that every other episode they had their asses kicked

the entire dynasmon and lordknightmon arc had a lot of pacing just because they couldn't beat them which was a pretty sad excuse to extend the episodes

Better question is Tri actually good? I want to watch it, but I always decide not to.

It just looks so shitty

It's kinda dull. Cool world, cool designs, but that's fucking it. Dives off a cliff by the end.

>into another isekai type of show
This post is retarded and you should feel terrible for having posted it.

>This post is retarded and you should feel terrible for having posted it.
fuck you, you don't drop the idea of pretending is the real world which was every digimon fan's wet dream and then drop it because muh lain director

Tri is absolute trash. There are a few good moments but it's ultimately shit.

very OVA is divided in 4 parts, 3/4 parts are teenage drama and going nowhere, then a quarter of that 4th part is just battle. I know adventure was half personal issues and the other half battle but Tri made it 75% personal issues and 25% battles

It wasn't good either, it was just plain boring.

It also lacked a sexy 12yo.

You got shit taste

Attached: how.jpg (512x384, 31K)

>Cool world
Maybe I am a nostalgiafag but all the digital worlds feel dull and uninspired when compared with the original digital world.
The only thing I remember from this season is the rails. Everything else was generic fantasy world for children.

Savers was better.

>not remembering the burger land
>not remembering the wacky races tribute episode
>not remembering the flavored lettuce
>not remembering the beach episode

SHIT TASTE

Attached: IMG_20190523_182402.png (304x237, 84K)

Is the beach episode the one with the blonde girl undressing that always get posted in fanservice threads?

no it wasn't that bad
savers was much worse

tri was dogshit
especially how forced that oc donut steel character storyline was
>hey lets make a adventure ova for people who watched the original but add a shitty new character and give her all the screentime

Zoe didn’t do that much should have had a bigger role

yes

Zoe won ONE SINGLE BATTLE
Her fractal code scan animation was used ONLY ONCE in the entire series

Fucking ridiculous.

I really like the first half or so a lot. It's fun, the Digital World is inventive, if it's a fresh Kamen Rider-esque take on Digimon, and overall the characters are strong and things feel at least decently balanced.

However once you get into the 30s you get to the really repetitive "Kids go X, lose, X is absorbed" stuff and it just takes a dive in overall quality in general. The Transcendent states basically ruin the balance since it means the other kids are just there, and Koichi is really poorly incorporated into the group as a result. There's also the fact that the show could have used the powers of the evil warriors in interesting ways but instead they're just fusion-fodder.

The last one I saw, I saw mostly reruns and though fun my youger self it just wasn't as good as Digimon 1 or 2.

Also I thought that bug kid was cool AF and he didn't got several transformations like the main 2 (it was 2 for bug vs 4 for main guys, right?)

Some moments are really good.

Attached: Boku wo yatsukete.jpg (1920x2159, 465K)

>OP is as good as Butterfly
>has the coolest digievolution
>girl gets naked when transforming
Thats all

lewd

I think Adventure still found uses for the others but it's been a while, obviously.

Too bad it is like the second or third time they use that character arc.

Attached: FCC8D513-7934-4E44-BBB5-595200788CBA.jpg (2480x3508, 2.48M)

I want to do very naughty things to a Patamon's anus

Would have been better had they dropped the kid and edgelords secret half brother for a loli and a secret half sister. The story was a little too repetitive then their wins were too anti climactic. A good dose of eye candy can help ease the pain. I mean just look at sun and moon, they knew it was going to be bad so they added 3 girls.

Attached: 1531533285005.png (2589x1920, 772K)

Frontier deserved all the hate it got, it sucks.
On a writing front, if you take away the monster partners you really, really have to nail down the writing for the characters and give them solid arcs/development.
They really have almost zero development, weak personalities from the get-go and the plot is meh.
My favorite thing that really pin-points how bad it is, is when Takyua goes back in time as a half-monster after he is beaten and utterly demoralized.
He goes on a little journey, regains his some of his confidence and goes 'yeah, all of this did make sense, I have to go back and fix this'
What do they follow that up with? Instead of his newfound confidence and all giving him the strength to unfuck things, they utterly ignore that and suddenly he has an idea that 'we are one with the elements' that is completely unrelated to everything previous, completely dropping him developing as a character.

This was the one time where they tried to develop a character properly, and they failed badly.
It sucks, it deserves to be forgotten about and nothing about it is really redeemable or stands out in any positive fashion.
Tamers is still the best

>it felt that every other episode they had their asses kicked
That's what made it great. It was nice to see villains actually wreck the main cast for once and not go down like a monster of the week Precure villains. It was to the point where shit got real fast if even one showed up. It showed that the stakes were high, not only were the main cast lost and confused most of the time and couldn't tell up from down but they also had to survive being chased around by some really strong digimon too and just when they think they have a fighting chance, the main villains can also evolve killing all their hopes. Another thing I really liked was the first group of villains just looked like normal digimon you would think would job in there first appearance, they sort of had this Dark Masters theme to them of being composed of 4 random really strong digimon which is probably why I like them.

Attached: 1542828001271.jpg (400x300, 36K)