5 Centimeters Per Second

was it a good ending?

Attached: onlymenunderstand.png (1024x576, 925K)

Yes.

The shit made me hate women so goddamn much and I'm not even a /r9k/ type. Fuck that.

Yeah, whole thing was amazing. Never seen any piece of media capture those feels as well as it did.

it was

Attached: 1531069753555.jpg (1920x1080, 736K)

Only redeeming thing about this shit

>15 when first watched movie
>virgin, beta
>wow this guy is so dedicated to like a girl for 10 years
>misinterpret ending
>cried like a bitch
>watched the movie 10 more times over a few years
>understand the ending
>didn't watch movie for 5 or so years
>watched the movie when I was 25
>normie pussy slayer
>wow this guy just wasted 10 years over some bitch

It's a good movie but I guess growing older made me realize that there is no reason to waste that much time on a single woman. I get it that he loved her but still.

it was a good ending once i saw a better translation some years later.
word order is important.
first time i saw it:
>1 | Yesterday, I had a dream.
>2 | A dream I have had since long ago.
>3 | In that dream, we had yet to turn 13.
>4 | We were in a vast countryside completely covered in snow,
>5 | the lights of the houses extended far into the distance, a dazzling sight.
>6 | We walked on the thick carpet of fresh snow, but did not leave any footprints.
>7 | And like that,
>8 | “Someday, we will be able to watch the cherry blossoms together again”,
>9 | both of us, without any doubts at all,
>0 | that’s what we thought.
second time i saw it (group: RaX):
>1 | Yesterday I had a dream.
>2 | A dream of long ago.
>3 | In the dream, we were still 13.
>4 | And we were standing in a field covered with snow…
>5 | where in the dim light from distant houses,
>6 | our footsteps were all that could be seen in the new fallen snow.
>7 | And because of that
>8 | we both believed without any doubt
>9 | that someday, we’d watch the cherry blossoms fall again…
>0 | …together.

>It's a good movie but I guess growing older made me realize that there is no reason to waste that much time on a single woman.

The movie should have hammered that in from the first watchthrough. He sabotaged every relationship that came his way because he couldn't let her go.

But yes, I read you were young and naive.

Yes.

Lol didn't read

I watched this on Netflix a year or two ago. I don't remember much of it, because it seemed pretty boring to me.

All I remember is him spending a very long time on the train, only for the train to stop running because of the rain. After that, he goes to this girl's house somehow, they share a packed lunch, and then he goes home on the train again the very next day.

Visuals were beautiful, though.

Why ? She did nothing wrong, he was just a loser lol

She probably cucked him off camera
Who knows how many dicks she’s had by the end

The manga was overall better

based incel

Your wrong memory of the movie is very interesting and a valuable addition to the thread. Do you have a blog somewhere?

So what was this movie trying to tell us?

Attached: 1452494081246.jpg (625x554, 126K)

The kinoest.

Yes, and you've already subscribed!

i liked how bittersweet it was, yes. also, that guy is
>literally me
well, that guy was kind of a cuck. he had all the opportunities with other girls.

they literally mean the same thing, there is no difference between the two translations.

This movie sucked, main girl was worse than the qt tomboy the mc hooks up with in the manga

It was a solid ending considering the story that led up to it. Not a very good anime overall though.

There is an impressive amount of cancer packed into this simple image.

Movie is only 11~12 years old
Watched it 10 years ago implying you watched it in 2009 or earlier when it was fresh. Pretty sure movie wasn't available in english back then...

what are subs?

I hate women too but nothing particularly egregious happened in 5 cm/s. Mc banged other girls too.

Attached: 1558509262899.jpg (666x450, 30K)

not as good as garden of words

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Kotonoha_no_Niwa_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[ED03F005].mkv_snapshot_39.47_[2019.05.23_15.1 (1920x1080, 1.02M)

It's alright. He gets back together with the surfer girl who was lusting for him in the end.

>Pretty sure movie wasn't available in english back then...
you think fansubbing is modern phenomena or something?

letting go

As someone who watched it and still ended up wasting 7 years after doing the same fucking thing it's become more poignant over time how relatable and authentic the movie was.

Having the opening montage at the end instead of the beginning was not a good decision. It lessened the impact of the ending.

ITSUDEMO SAGASHITE IRU YO DOKKA NI KIMI NO SUGATA WO

both are trash, I really don't understand the appeal of these movies.

15yo feetfags

I am a feetfag and still hated both movies, they are so retarded, Kimi no nawa was retarded too and the music was even worse than 5cm per second, but I have to admit it's probably the only decent movie from that director, I will never understand why people suck his dick so much.

They are always the same shit over and over, even the main characters always look the same and act the same and in the end they never get the slut and a fucking sad song plays. Woah what a masterpiece.

I wanted them to fuck