Do you miss 80s-90s anime art style?

Do you miss 80s-90s anime art style?

Attached: YuYuHakushoOtome.jpg (679x1000, 87K)

The manga art style isn't bad, but I dislike the anime art style.

The 1990 OVA or Shin?

I was talking about anime and manga in general

O-oh...

I miss the girls. The men tended to have jawlines that are way too sharp.

Me too bro...

Attached: 7178919.jpg (754x1200, 114K)

What is the appeal of this type of girl, whatever it is?

Read "The Taming of the Shrew".

ROMANTIC CONQUEST FOLLOWED BY FUCKING VANILLA AND VANILLA FUCKING

I don't have a punchline but Jesus Christ you've already made this thread 4 times today, lay off.

You tell me bro

What other threads?

Attached: Ryoka.jpg (312x301, 19K)

I could have sworn I saw this thread 3 times already today, but it looks like I was misremembering , sorry about that and never mind.

Hell no. My eyes hurt from it to the point that I can't watch anything older than Eva. Modern art styles look great.

Bruh what.

I said I can't stand low res, low fps, color-saturated art. Animations are slow and clunky, characters look ugly, and effects look dated.

>low res, low fps
>Animations are slow and clunky
Has this motherfucker never heard of Akira or the 80s?

Attached: akira.gif (500x281, 1.98M)

I've watched it. Modern animation unironically looks better. Just look at KyoAni.

Yes but when I go to watch them, I'm reminded that the shows were made for literal children who forget what they watched a week ago.

Attached: 1547951051429.jpg (1440x1080, 165K)

Get this fag baiter outta here

Attached: 8a230fcda33de4d3f9b8fb20457b5c036dbac0dd_hq.jpg (736x540, 82K)

Not baiting. The screenshot you posted doesn't do your argument any favors desu. That's exactly what I'm referring to when I say it makes my eyes hurt.

Yes and no. I personally dislike the modern day character designs and prefer 80s character designers (Haruhiko Mikimoto/Yasuomi Umetsu i.e.). Also, the colors nowadays feel too soft (?) for me -- I dislike the "bright" colors (pink most notably). I've only really mostly watched higher budget 80s OVAs and a few 80s TV series. The TV series tend to suffer from quality issues and the OVAs being higher budget leave me in awe. I should probably learn more shit about anime like sakuga and whatever to better elaborate.

Attached: 1521197575837.webm (460x256, 2.94M)

That's because 80s,90s and 2000s threads are pretty common. Anons loves drowning themselves in nostalgia.

>people who were around to watch anime in the 80s and 90s still browse this board
boomers get out

Faggot you said
>low res, low fps
>Animations are slow and clunky
These are provably untrue. Akira has the highest fps of any anime, and being on cels means it can be reshot into any possible resolution, as with the special rereleases. It's also anything but "slow" and "clunky", owing to its high amount of frames it's probably one of if not the most fluid anime ever made, and there's so much moving in every scene it can satisfy even the most ADHD viewer.

Okay, but it still looks like shit.

Zoomers missed out lol

Very yes fuck digital looks fucking bland, cel is the shit

>t. tasteless faggot

Yes, all the time. I've been reading through City Hunter and my god is it that more satisfying

Attached: City Hunter - Chapter 58 - 22.jpg (751x1200, 87K)

I just can't shake the feeling that older stuff just had more respect for the mediums

This isn't the 90s anymore, oldfag. Get with the times.

I wish U-Jin will bring his old art style back. I just can't fap to his current one

To you.

Yes. Remember when adult women in anime looked like adult women and not just high schoolers with big tits? I sure do.

>image is of high schoolers
Adult women? What?

Nobody likes post-wall roasties. The new style is better.

You ever notice that these threads are almost always full of normalfags that want anime to look socially acceptable?

ye

Attached: Dirty Pair Flight 005 Conspiracy v2 [E0213732].mkv_snapshot_34.21_[2019.02.17_00.06.58].jpg (648x480, 39K)

>4:3 aspect ratio is acceptable in any era

Crusher Joe is kind of great.

Attached: Crusher Joe [BD-rip 960x720 x264 FLAC] .mkv_snapshot_00.28.48_[2019.05.16_02.46.14].jpg (960x720, 60K)

yes

Attached: 580122.jpg (1408x2044, 1.05M)

Yes I do. This decade isn't bad at all unlike the 00s, but I still miss the vibe from the 80s.
It's really comforting. From the shapes, the colors, and such.