Jojo

Steel Ball Run should be official suggested reading for AP Lit.

Attached: FunnyValentine_Original.png (252x376, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YV3SSinegN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unironically agree but this post is really fucking Reddit.

the entire beginning is filled with throw-away references to a shounen manga
so no, dumb faggot

What's the most Yea Forums moment in Steel Ball Run?

I think it might be when Sandman said that characters were calling him by the wrong name the entire time and he's actually named Soundman.

No it was when Pocoloco won the SBR because he thought positively.

Attached: bruhoverheaven.png (468x371, 242K)

He's just trying to get people to shit-talk it by being hyperbolic.

Attached: 1549220686306.png (250x250, 20K)

>a character being inconsistent because of the author's indecision is Yea Forums
Yea Forums must be a shit board

it's probably civil war

fits right in with shit like slaughterhouse and things they carried

its pretty easy to shit talk SBR especially when there's so many hardcore autistics who had never read a seinen before jerking off its played-out ending

half right

of course. what else is Yea Forums for, other than pretentiously shit-talking the greats

Is SBR the new HxH?

Probably better imo, but I couldn't say for sure. HxH is really, really good.

wasn't a serious post, but ok autist

Chimera Ant and SBR are the best shonen arcs

Not even close. Most of the story is villain of the week encounters no different than any typical JoJo part. Sandman/Soundman was a literal joke. Boom Boom Family, Pork Pie Hat kid and Chocolate Disco (among others) were lame filler fights. Alt. Diego and The World were pure fanservice. And "spin" is just a pseudo-science asspull vehicle with no tactical depth to it.

Attached: 1539899457112.png (218x244, 55K)

That DOES make it the new HxH though.

Oof, SBRtards btfo

Any anons living in UK? The manga exhibition in London is starting today and i'm dying to know what's inside this book that sells at the exhibition. There might be exclusive jojo illustrations and interviews.

Attached: image.png (1200x1625, 1.21M)

1. When Johnny told Gyro that taking the shortcut was the wrong way to do things, the river scene
2. The True man's world
3. Sugar mountain

Attached: 1544341370413.jpg (1520x1200, 1.12M)

An user from a JoJolion thread posted some pics of Araki's interview some days ago. Apparently at the end of the interview Araki showed some drawings of Ojiro in some places in London, so there's that.

Attached: 1537135677438.jpg (760x1200, 880K)

I've always wondered, is this how Araki actually writes or just bad translation? The 'HIGHLIGHTED' words in almost every panel is obnoxious.

please post spoilers

As a HxH fan myself, I have to disagree.
Yes most fights are villain-of-the-week, but this is only a structure. It says nothing of the substance.
ALL of the fights are martially interesting, as (like nen) stands are a fantastic power system, and at their best in SBR. Many of the characters, including even minor villains, have development and substance to them. Not all of them do, but neither do all the ants in CA. What could be said of chocolate disco could also be said of gon vs the owl and bat. Additionally, alt. diego was intended to complete the trilogy, so to speak, as the whole of steel ball run was intended to pay homage to the first three parts. Diego is a dio, Valentine is a kars, and alt. diego is a DIO. Spin, likewise, is a recreation of hamon, reimagined within the stand system.

HxH is full of filler and joke fights

I didn't say anything negative about Stands, I specified Spin. Those moments in Chimera Ant are thematically relevant because they depict (at first) how these ants lack goals of their own and solely work in service of the colony, and later their growing individuality (Zazan, Rammot, Cheethu, etc). I don't see any thematic structure in SBR that justifies so many worthless filler fights that have nothing to do with the central story. That time could have been spent on developing more of an ensemble cast like the first chapter hinted at so characters like Sandman and Pocoloco aren't so wasted.

I still wouldn't consider spin a negative. If you can't handle magical japanese bullshit, i would stay MILES away from jojo

Attached: 1546062352802.jpg (760x1200, 841K)

HxH characters are fucking shit

Hopefully someone will scan it if it's worth it.

You almost have it. I have a much longer answer that is about this but it's not about thinking positively. It's another thing that is tangentially similar to positivity.

In American comic books, you'll see bolded words for emphasis, that's all they're meant to be. In Japanese, the equivalent of bolding is putting quotation marks around a word. However, translators are retarded weebs and instead of just bolding the words like a normal comic book, they put quotes around them like the Japanese, which doesn't transfer at all.

Attached: 20190208_210303.jpg (1367x1080, 1.22M)

Attached: iq6p6ndmda9x.jpg (1920x1080, 848K)

>AP
fuck off underage b&

There's nothing good about SBR besides art. Stands are shit, fights are shit, main character is shit, Gyro is a meme, Valentine is a meme, alt-Diego's appearance was like an exlosion on a dumpsterfire factory.

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

I unironically loved the Boom Boom/Tomb of the Boom fight. It showed how terrifying even a shitty stand is to non-stand users.
It also succeeded in making me believe that Johnny and Gyro had any reason to stick together for the rest of the race.

Every fight until True Man's World and Catch the Rainbow are utter garbage. And so are most after, until the main villain battle which is great but no the best in Jojo. And after that even that gets ruined by the fucking Za Warudo Diego.

>Gyro is a meme
That he is.
>hating Diego
How is this possible?

Attached: 1543488039981.jpg (760x1200, 856K)

There's only like 8 more weeks until jojo is over. And I bet those lazy fuckers aren't even working on part 6 right now. They could have easily been working on part 6 and had a trailer at the end of part 5. Then 5 months later start airing 6. What the fuck were they doing during that 12 year gap between 4 and 5?

High Voltage

he didn't ask for the most shit moment

I don't understand why people dont like alt diego it was hype.

I know he asked for the best moment and I gave it to him.

That was the best part of the finale.

Attached: 1529220059476.jpg (760x1200, 965K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YV3SSinegN8

>AP
HIGH SCHOOLERS O U T

This scene and Gyro vs Ringo are amazing. I genuinely can't wait till we get a part 7 anime

Attached: dh8dsvS.jpg (1520x1200, 984K)

Based hairposter

Who will voice Jesus in the anime?

Idris Elba