What is with the recent trend of Shonen main characters being complete and utter betas?

What is with the recent trend of Shonen main characters being complete and utter betas?

Attached: Deku.jpg (848x477, 57K)

You’re gay

>recent

>beta
he successfully protects his sister, that's pretty far from beta

anime watchers are beta. probably you included.

My testosterone levels probably surpass your whole family tree combined kid

>still using the old alpha/beta classification
it' s been updated, OP's a gamma male btw

Because beta main characters make the viewer anticipate his actions, the viewer feels much more satisfied when a beta MC does something like actually making a move on his love interest/kiss/hug or losses his shit/does a comeback etc

Meanwhile a MC who's a chad from the beginning will feel monotone,predictable and unsatisfying for the viewer and his actions will not be as impactful since his personality isn't as shakey.

Writers aren't dumb, this whole beta MC trope is not an accident or a result of incompetent writing, it's fully intentional.

Slurping down buckets of cum isn't a good indicator of your testosterone levels.

Attached: 1556473171914.jpg (889x700, 76K)

>Tanjirou
>beta

Glad to know you haven't seen/read Kimetsu.

I was going to say you're reading and watching the wrong series but Asebi's actually a seinen so my mistake. Still though, Yuu's the most Chad MC in a while.

Attached: b26.png (1355x1920, 2.78M)

Craving that Chad power fantasy is a most beta thing.

>entire family massacred
>gets teary eyed, doesn’t even fully cry
wow what a beta

I'd say craving a beta having everything good fall into their lap fantasy a little more beta.

>threatens to snap an edgelords arm
>actually starts to go through with it when the endgelord doesn't stop
He seems pretty cool to me.

I want to impregnate you

because unflawed and prefect MCs make trash stories.

To appeal to the fanbase

Attached: 57438316_591783294650657_6352665518729643513_n.jpg (240x260, 18K)

>beta
>immediately tries to chop the head off the dude who killed his family
Nah

Picture unrelated?

How the fuck is he beta?

>Gets over the slaughter of his family quickly
>Begins training and spends many months completing it
>Passes test by splitting rock in half
>Kills demon that has slayed dozens of high level fighers
>Threatens to break assholes arm if he doesn't cut the bullshit and does it
>Kills demons without hesitation
The dude kicks ass and isn't a pussy. The only time he cries is when his sister (who is fucked up) comes back to normality for a while.

>small and cute
>starting journey powerless
>facing many hardships
so is beta just a buzzword or do you actually know what it means?
fuck right off
tanjiro is a lot better than ~95% of what we get

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.56.12 PM.png (838x492, 151K)

Tanjirou x Asta x Denji
currently the only chads MC in shounen jump

They should all have an orgy

While I like Denji, he is not a Chad in the least and is a total simp.

Emma is chad

I don't appreciate the trend of using Tanjirou to shitpost

Attached: 1529889296696.png (467x347, 162K)

That picture is literally a 13 year old boy who went out into the village for an entire day to earn money so he could provide food for his family and when he returned to find them all slaughtered, he detected the one with a pulse, put her on his back and began running back down the mountain to get her medical help. He's literally a bigger dick chad than anyone who posts on Yea Forums. Like a real alpha he's always had the goal of going straight to the top and killing the progenitor of evil while his supposed superiors had never even dared imagine doing something like that themselves. He literally waits until after he beheads his enemies to listen to their pleas.

nice bait user

>I'd say craving a beta having everything good fall into their lap fantasy a little more beta.
But being fine with it isn't the same as actively complaining something is "too beta".

Easier for nips to self insert.

Otakus are basically all herbivore men.

>family gets slaughtered by demons
>sympathetic towards them

That's the ultimate beta attitude. It's like saying HEY MUSLIMS COME AND INVADE OUR COUNTRY m8! WHO CARES IF YOUR UNCLE SUICIDE BOMBED THE SHIT OUTTA OUR SUBWAY!

Attached: [Mushin] Hajimete no Gal - 11 [OVA] My first school festival (BD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv_snapshot_09. (602x720, 593K)

Yeah, but he cry after his entire family got murdered! What a fucking pussy!

>shonenshit
>otaku

He feel sympathy for the thing, after killing it, how is that example of yours similar?

Someone kill this user family, let's see if he cries like a pussy.

Yes user. As long as the series has cute/sexy girls the demographic/genre doesn't matter.

The fact that you mention those trite and common "satisfactory" actions already proves how overplayed that trope is. The beta MC is now the norm in action anime and viewers anticipate when they'll "get the power up", "make a move on their love interest", or "lose their shit". It's all very formulaic now.

I also disagree that having a chad MC makes their actions predictable and unsatisfying; the fact that they are established from the get-go as someone who is naturally talented, extroverted, or motivated makes it much more interesting when they are faced with situations that they are not used to or challenge their present abilities. They are just as capable of character growth and development as the beta given competent writers. That being said I do agree that the beta MC trope is intentional, but only because they want to make sure the viewers have someone they can self-insert as.

Are Soma and Osamu + Yuma subversions of the Beta MC in Jump?

ur dum

Anyone who thinks tanjirou is a beta is an insecure dumbass. He’s a great example of a character that’s masculine without being toxic. He fucks up the retarded alpha-beta dichotomy and I feel that’s an important part of his character.

What's your definition of "beta"?
None of the characters you mentioned fit that mold at all.

It's an assblasted BnHAcuck that keeps comparing Tanjirou to Decuck.