Hunter x Hunter is a Shonen in name only, it has transcended the genre a long time ago

Hunter x Hunter is a Shonen in name only, it has transcended the genre a long time ago.

Attached: War drama.png (1692x1908, 3.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs&t=28s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah just like yu gi oh

Attached: 1553093172155.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Based hunterchad, Wan Piss and all other shonen etc are bad, HxH is only for high IQ people did I miss anything?

this says a lot about our society

Is Kurapika a girl? Why is she so cute? Why does everyone refer to her as a 'him'?

>Is Kurapika a girl?
Yes
>Why is she so cute?
Blond shoulder hair, cute face, short, adult woman voice, Kurta, beautiful eyes.
>Why does everyone refer to her as a 'him'?
Reasons.

Attached: 9FBBF369-8F7C-40FE-8887-AE3A04AD74B2.jpg (871x750, 84K)

All guys in hxh seem so cute, I started it yesterday and now I'm suddenly gay

I started it two gays ago and now I am too.

Attached: A5CBC5A7-FB8A-4DAC-9213-89600B5B0278.jpg (708x750, 78K)

>Human critique
WOAH SO DEEP

Attached: killua_2.jpg (500x540, 31K)

Attached: 1538686496040.png (640x480, 325K)

Attached: C2CC653A-E5C6-426A-83C6-54CFC79E7C19.jpg (856x734, 114K)

If you can read CA and Succession war arc and still say this is a Shonen then something is wrong in your head.

>literally say anything about anything
>WOAH SO DEEP

>dude it's almost as if we were the ants lmao
ebin

Picking the lowest hanging fruit truly is DEEP.

I hope no one unironically think this is mature or deep, hxh has nothing even remotely interesting to say about any of the real life issues it references.
It just parrots the most brain dead normie tier nothing opinions, which in it of itself is bad writing, literal 2/10 shit.

The funny part is that hxh finds away to say absolutely nothing, about anything here

Attached: killua_14.gif (177x220, 190K)

Hunter X Hunter is your typical "authors pet project" that goes for so long that it just changes alongside the creators interests change, leaving all it's scence behind, like DB series, $onichu or Cerebus the Aadvark

It says one important thing which is that no matter how shitty things are you have to balls up and face them or you'll just get rekt without even a chance

>Thinking that Togashi's focus in the middle of an arc with a bunch of characters and a bunch of yet unfinished plot points is going to be talking about IRL issues for more than a few pages.
Hurr durr he only pointed out the obvious 2/10
You are legit retarded

Attached: 1558482439806.png (700x526, 113K)

Attached: 7BBF4003-CFF5-40F8-A6DE-A493BE410122.png (441x519, 223K)

Hisoka will die of old age.

Hunter x Hunter is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive complexity and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of shitposting both in their own threads and in the rest of Yea Forums. The superpowered characters all asspulling their hardest to cheat death, the stand-like nen abilities, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole Pitou faggotry and everything about the Hunter world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the chapter-long infodumps, lack of emphasis on art, and overall edginess of the series make it fit just right with the pseudo-intellectual drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Hunter x Hunter is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Yea Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Hunter threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here

Hisoka wasn't in the CA arc despite being in every other arc in the story because he would've killed Meruem by himself.

Attached: 9B354E4C-1D8E-41CA-95C2-9C1B3C788494.gif (400x400, 389K)

Hunter x Hunter is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive complexity and DARKNESS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of shitposting both in their own threads and in the rest of Yea Forums. The superpowered characters all asspulling their hardest to cheat death, the stand-like nen abilities, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole Pitou faggotry and everything about the Hunter world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the chapter-long infodumps, lack of emphasis on art, and overall edginess of the series make it fit just right with the pseudo-intellectual drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Hunter x Hunter is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Yea Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Hunter threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here

I wonder if Hisoka can use his rubber nen to create strawberry flavoured condoms

Does Hisoka penis still work? Does have a rubber penis?

Attached: raw.png (500x280, 205K)

>humans are the real monsters
>deep

Attached: 1555205115113.jpg (400x400, 19K)

I might as well be watching spodgebob,

There is a madness in humanity – our passions and individuality both make us strong and set us against each other. The Hunter Chairman Netero embodies this madness – as Meruem remarks during their battle, it is only through pushing his body through individual struggle far past the point of sense that he could have achieved his tremendous physical enlightenment. The potential single-mindedness and self-focused determination of humanity are expressed both in his physical strength and in the secret weapon he conceals – the Poor Man’s Rose. It is the Rose that finally defeats Meruem – a nuclear weapon, a pure expression of humanity’s individualist need to make war on itself, a weapon that the narrator grimly explains shouldn’t exist, wouldn’t exist, if humanity were able to make choices in its own communal best interest. Netero sacrifices himself to destroy Meruem using an expression of humanity’s ultimately self-destructive individuality – but both his choice and Meruem’s final actions demonstrate that cynicism is not the final word of Chimera Ant. Human and ant nature each reflect the other, and each show themselves as brighter for it.

Though the Poor Man’s Rose is undoubtedly reflective of humanity’s worst instincts, Netero’s use of it is not. Netero activates the weapon by killing himself, and thus his use of it is an almost ant-like expression of loyalty, or love. And in the aftermath of the Rose, as Meruem slowly succumbs to radiation sickness, his own actions are pointedly, individualistically human – he chooses to cede the battle of his race, and spend his last hours with the human he loves. One nature reflects another, and each is enriched by the exchange. The conflict of human and ant may end in great tragedy and destruction, but through countless actions throughout the arc, the value of each philosophy is demonstrated, reflected, and shown to be part of a continuous nature. Life ends, but life goes on.

Attached: Netero_heart.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

He only knows the obvious because his a plebian, and retards like you act as if the obvious is something deep, when ironically his portrayal is incredible shallow and chilidish, i mean hxh is for babies of course and togashi lacks the nuisances to make any kind of intelligent commentary on anything.
naruto is 100x better in this regard, it never surprised me that kishi completely btfo'd hxh when they came out along side each other.

If you're idea of media talking social commentary is it has to be "taling about irl issues for multiple pages", then you're a fucking idiot and it's no surprise you read garbage like hxh.
social commentary can only affectively be tackled in media if it's a truly organic element of the created world, you don't need to force it with literal references completely out side of your childish baby world, parallels with reality will arise naturally and if you have any talent at all you'd have something interesting to say.

and yet this is what you truly are....

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs&t=28s

>his a plebian
>nuisances
>you're idea
>taling

Attached: 1553805393446.png (262x239, 88K)

Attached: Selection Day casualty.png (1334x750, 756K)

FUCKING BASED

Attached: 1542186059643.png (420x420, 76K)

>Incel x Incel

How am I supposed to say this? Hunter ECKS Hunter?

I'm 100% sure 'hunterchads' never watched Yu Yu Hakusho

>sexually active MC
>incel

The X is silent.

Attached: 1477958552328.jpg (1066x1600, 199K)

>>Thinking that Togashi's focus in the middle of an arc with a bunch of characters and a bunch of yet unfinished plot points is going to be talking about IRL issues for more than a few pages.
Not him but yes of course, why bother trying to make a clearly important thematic point without actually delving into the "why ?". The imagery is important in this the way i interpret it it basically equates animal/non-sentient being life with Human/sentient life without really explaining why while showing a crushed bug and a slaughterhouse. I feel like it took away from the story honestly and it should be something that's engaged seriously or not at all imo.

>watched
One single YYH page has more soul than the entire anime.

Attached: DqC4X2jWoAAtR--.jpg (640x948, 81K)

Based casualties poster.

>HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS
sugoi monogatari sempai

It's pronounced "hunter hunter" without the x

Well said.

Looking at the beginning of the Dark Continent arc, I’m now deeply conviced HxH is built like a Möbius ribbon, and we are now, and we’re starting, more than a new arc, a new cycle. Look at the main four. They at the exact place they started. But their situations and motivations have turned, just like they have reached again the starting point on a cycle, but on the other “side” of the ribbon.

The Dark Continent itself can be the mirror of the Chimera Ants arc, a confrontation between different sentient species, where the humans take the role of the first Chimeras, the invadors trying to survive.

Attached: Togashi on endings.jpg (1193x1417, 492K)

And no 'hunterchad' has watched it, much less read it.

hunter x hunter is the batman v superman of anime

I have only watched the Chimera arc as other seems garbage. Sonic really need to watch the rest?

true
>both created by visionary geniouses
>both break away from the shackles of their genre to become something more
>both hated by shallow people who only want simplistic storytelling and cannot grasp any sort of inner themes

Good observation, brother.

Attached: Lake_Mobius.png (695x386, 206K)

can't wait to catch this salt from the hxh haters

Attached: 1534011788513.jpg (1628x2048, 356K)

Better version (Viz)

Attached: Selection casualties.jpg (485x400, 63K)

I love how Jealous Killua gets when he starts spying on Gon's date
Gon x Killua is not a fan ship it's a cannon ship

Netero and the hunters did try their best.

Attached: Meruem Netero Zeno.jpg (1057x1600, 494K)

>anime fails to mention this

Attached: 0380-011.png (1781x1300, 421K)

Who is the leader of the NGL?

Attached: Dictator Netero and gang in NGL.jpg (1066x1600, 236K)

>edgy images makes my kiddy cartoons more "MATURE"

Attached: Laughing anime girl.webm (1280x720, 688K)

No they don't, OP's post isn't what makes the show for adults, read the manga retard

>better an otaku than a shonentard, amirite?

Attached: killua_5.jpg (390x435, 15K)

Attached: BC3333F7-B644-496C-9E3B-3E2D2880FA18.jpg (745x750, 82K)

Is it the bad art?

So next chapter in what, a month?

Over 6 weeks

In a month + 2 years.

we live in a society

Man fuck this show.
>Leorio and Kurapika were my favorite characters
>Love how they interacted and cared for each other
>Kurapika's selfish vengence mission clashing with his capable self
>Leorio's selfish demenor masking the deep warmth he has for helping his friends
>Both of them leave after Yorknew and fuck off for the rest of the anime
>Leorio only gets an eighth of the scenes to his arc
I fucking hate this god damn shit.
Is there any show that has characters like Leorio and Kurapika, but actually uses them.

im on episode 23. When does it get like in the picture? so far its the equivalent of pokemon.

Hunter x Hunter is the game of thrones of anime. Everyone wants the author to die so he will never have to write an unsatisfying ending

Thanks.

>game of thrones
No one can confirm if this is true because only faggots watch gaijin shit.

tl;dr

It gets serious in Yorknew arc so around 40-50

If you don't watch "gaijin shit" then you lack the sufficient context to fully understand HxH.

Attached: Togashi Alien.png (1200x800, 1.01M)

wow, we truly live in a society, im crying

You can already see that the tone is weird with deaths in the exam not being given much importance, but the big tone change happens in approximately 20 episodes from where you are at

Those are classic masterpieces you ass. I meant general entertainment schlock like Game of Thrones.

Season 1-4 were kino, you stupid weeb

Attached: BA0AC202-03DE-48F9-B6E7-59651EDA4033.jpg (874x749, 100K)

Cringe Teenager

Sensui was a shit villain though. His entire multiple personality gimmick was a joke that defeated any thematic significance his character might have had. Toguro was far better.

Attached: ayo hol up.png (800x1182, 111K)

Ants not only obliterate any insect and plant life in their colony's vicinity and their travel paths with 0 regard, but also consciously go to war with other ant colonies and kill all their babies. This is just inherent animal nature whether you're an ant or a human.

You had me there until Naruto
Also read the fucking manga before talking about it please

Attached: 1558109934450.jpg (850x640, 104K)

Killua is canon gay. Reminder:
>Togashi previously wanted to write a sports shōnen with a canon gay crossdressing boy as the protagonist, but Shueisha shut him down.
>Togashi would then go on to write Yu Yu Hakusho, a hugely popular series.
>as thanks, and because Togashi had worked himself halfway to death, Shueisha allows Togashi free rein to do whatever he wants with Hunter x Hunter (hence his erratic schedules that would get any other author fired).
>Togashi also has full ownership over Hunter x Hunter, giving him absolute control over the story.
>now that he has so much power, Togashi plans on getting revenge on Shueisha for canning his gay sports manga all those decades ago by making Killua gay and they can’t stop him.
Further reasons:
>in chapter 286 (episode 121), Killua literally says he and Gon will commit "shinjū," otherwise known as "double suicide" — a term connotated with lovers.
>Togashi clearly has an interest in the "weird," as seen with Hisoka and Alluka.
>Togashi is married to Takeuchi, author of Sailor Moon — a series that features canon lesbians. In addition, the current Hunter x Hunter arc features a lesbian kiss between Morena and one of her followers.
>Yu Yu Hakusho has a gay couple: Sensui and Itsuki, showing that Togashi is willing to include gay characters and relationships in his stories.
>everything Togashi does is for a reason. When he includes scenes such as Killua's "Gon, you are light" and "shinjū,” he knows how fans will interpret them. To say otherwise implies he’s ignorant.
>to claim this is all bait is to insult Togashi, because that implies he's a hack who has to resort to the lowest form of writing: pandering. He is not that desperate.
>as seen in chapter 323 (episode 139), even Hisoka thinks Killua’s most “beloved” is Gon.
And the main reason:
>Togashi is a mad man.

Attached: D7LKmSnUYAYITZJ.jpg (1200x846, 150K)

>social commentary can only affectively be tackled in media if it's a truly organic element of the created world
How i know you never even watched or read HxH, try again you low chromosome retard

HUMANITY BAD

Togashi loves trannies, we all know this. You don't need to write an essay to convince anyone.

Shonentier

Attached: IMG_20190118_223037.jpg (1540x1268, 881K)

>Black Clover
>Good tier

Attached: 50gp.gif (300x225, 1.99M)

you don't like 2011 hisoka, do you?

Attached: killua_3.jpg (300x250, 15K)

looking at shounen as a genre is what made it a problem in the first place. HxH is great but shounen is truly a demographic at it''s core

What makes you say that? Huh?

Attached: 4DF2D900-7A80-4570-955E-028BDCEE7188.jpg (696x392, 25K)

When I was young i liked noir movies and watched a bunch of the ones called classics.

I can't understand how an anime arc (yorknew arc) is so much better noir than many of the great noir movies like the third man or le samourai. If you prefer japanese cinema then you would go for branded to kill but just watch yorknew because it is better.

Attached: third.jpg (189x266, 7K)

That's just fact though, naruto completely buttraped and stole all of hxh thunder, both series did a lot of the same things, naruto just did it 100x better and the public choice.

Attached: 3B04F4FB-E264-40D6-BCC8-2CA0365A8F55.jpg (400x417, 29K)

I have, HXH's parrallels are shallow at best, or completely dishonest, it's a childrens manga after all.

>Woah humanity bad war bad
Devilman did this a millilon years ago faggot

i dunno actually, just a hunch on my part

Attached: killua_7.png (459x359, 212K)

Human always war
Human never change

Just a hunch huh? Your instinct sucks imao

Attached: 108B80B6-C3A1-4B94-B7CD-2176F3C980A2.png (1334x750, 1.82M)

Attached: 80A65DCD-2FF0-4D1C-9CBF-F892AAA83620.jpg (500x281, 24K)

Why are you so mean to me, Hyskoa?

Attached: killua_11.png (457x291, 103K)

>Hyskoa
You deserved it, Zolcock

Attached: 106B556D-C999-464F-A89A-1235F106C223.jpg (460x258, 27K)

Attached: killua_21.jpg (225x225, 9K)

chuckled

>someone actually took time to make this picture to start a hxh bait thread

Based hunterchads.

what was the most recent joke in the HxH manga

>Hunter X Hunter will be on hiatus

Maybe this scene? There hasn't been much comedy as of recent.

Attached: 5-1.png (852x550, 337K)

Nah that shit manga tried to make excuses for devils

I mean, if you need an anime to tell you that we are fucked up then how smart really are you ?

Attached: 7L8UCjX.png (423x710, 420K)