Untitled

Attached: 1555107849696.jpg (1440x1080, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/5334678/1/Scar-Tissue
fanfiction.net/s/3856690/1/Shinji-and-Asuka
youtube.com/watch?v=_bLRaGo-Qwc
youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That’s what they all say.

Attached: BDBBFCF5-349C-4367-BFCF-D5439F72703D.gif (500x315, 191K)

Wow, that looks stupid.

Made for each other and they just don't realize it

Attached: 1736352.jpg (480x751, 65K)

>this scene is ruined the instant you notice how Asuka's right eye is scrunched up like someone ran it through a scaling tool and didn't bother fixing it

At least Toji's dub VA was based during this scene

Attached: 1549090260099.jpg (600x600, 43K)

I think it helps her look flustered and mad at the same time

They subconsciously realize their potential, but are too afraid to explore it.

Asuka reluctantly might, but I feel like with Shinji he didnt put in enough effort to even have hope for the idea.

Because his self-esteem is too fucking low to even convince himself he's worth the attempt.

I just wanted them to both be happy.

Attached: 14729087143509.jpg (789x1000, 519K)

That's what fanfics and doujins are for.

I'm pretty sure a good fanfic where they are all happy doesn't exist.

Then write it

Attached: 1534736585028.jpg (1200x892, 507K)

Why are they so perfect yet terrible together?

Guessing you haven't read Re-Take

>mfw your classic 90s show is just newfag shipping cancer now
Good to be a Lainchad

Attached: 12.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

He said good.
Re-Take had an interesting premise I admit, but then you got shit like Rei hanging herself over not getting Shinji's dick and the kid being god.

neo evafags in a nutshell.

tfw Asuka's European genes are gonna kick in and she will be a titty monster

Oh so Shinji won't mind me fucking Asuka then

Didn't do anything to Eriri Spencer, who is like Asuka in design and personality wise.

>one anime dictates what will happen in another

Attached: 0b06H1X.jpg (624x480, 40K)

>a post-apocalypse SoL comic that totals over 600 pages
>a 500+ page sexbait doujin with such an over the top plot it's pretty much become THE fanmade story within the Eva fandom
>a combination post-apocalypse/time-travel fanfiction that spawned a webcomic from over 10 years ago that's still getting updates to this very day

what's their secret?

Attached: Shinji-and-Asuka-neon-genesis-evangelion-39077552-540-385.gif (540x385, 1.84M)

Kek, Eva fiction and doujinshi are as old as the show, since you're just aware of the English side of it (and it might be seeing a small resurgence) you think it's something new
People have always enjoyed seeing the characters doing lewd stuff and etc.

There are no titty monsters in Eva, though.

Misato is the closest one we got. Asuka will make her look flat!

Re-Take is trash, Post-3I Asuka doesn't have the will or the desire to antagonize Shinji to the extent she did. If she did, she would have been out for blood during the last stretch of the original show.

The second one is Re-Take and the third one is Second Try, what's the first one?

Also you forgot to mention Genocide

Attached: 1549056798447.jpg (494x464, 31K)

They're one of the most aggravating cases of unresolved sexual tension in fiction. You just want them to fuck already. Hence the slew of fan content in which they get together

Actually confirmed that is what will happen by age 17.

Attached: anima asuka.jpg (3015x2525, 2.01M)

Shinji is a lucky man

>tits go Mogudan
>ass remains the same
What happened here?

Aftermath of Evangelion, sometimes it's called Epilogue instead

I like the SxA stuff in Genocide but the rest of it REALLY doesn't work. I'm absolutely baffled how the writer can avoid romanticizing Shinji and Asuka like most writers do and actually remember how broken and flawed the two are, but somehow thinks OC drama is anything that should belong in an Evanglion story

>tits go Mogudan

If those tits were Mogudan, they'd be hitting the floor with every push-up.

fanfiction.net/s/5334678/1/Scar-Tissue

I didn't exactly like it but didn't mind it too much. I wasn't a huge fan of Musashi Kluge or the new characters, but it's obvious the author has writing skill

I don't care if this turns into the next fucking Wuthering Heights, the start is so bad that it instantly turns me off from the rest of it.

28 year old asuka x 14 year old shinji is best

I read far enough to see that it gets worse, because once the two start making progress on fixing their relationship some super-edgy villain gets introduced trying to assassinate them, and that is where I dropped it.

I've read worse fics. There was this one by a writer named Adam Kadmon that was really fucked up.

I don't care if a piece of rat shit isn't as bad as a piece of dog shit, it's still shit. Anyway, this is the best fic of all time, read it and weep.

fanfiction.net/s/3856690/1/Shinji-and-Asuka

Attached: 1551050735448.png (522x456, 185K)

Seeing stories like these get tons of reviews brings me personal pain.

must be something in the water at nerv

Attached: 1204_Chapter28_176_177.jpg (3676x2164, 1.3M)

That's not bad, Misato was always described as having generous tits.

scar tissue is accidentally the funniest eva fic ever written, it just gets more & more goofy and edgy and it all takes itself completely seriously

That one's way too fucking edgy. Like one of the first fucking things it does is make Asuka a rapist

Nah, the one I mentioned in is actually way edgier

Probably because they're one of the ur-examples of "they need to fuck". The two very easily could have been together but their individual personal issues purposely get in the way and giving the way Eva ended, it left fans with the incentive to make it happen

Plus they've got great chemistry, even if it's largely destructive

Would have been a pretty shitty anime if that was the case.

>now
Do you know how this franchise has lasted so long in popularity? It's not just because it's a good show

>a fic where Asuka rapes Shinji sucks
>a fic where Shinji rapes Asuka is awesome

Hmmm....

I 'think' he was being sarcastic because that fic is known to be pretty awful.

We can only hope.

Its because its got good characters that aren't just lusting after the mcs dick like most anime. Even if they were shinji would either become depressed from the advances or berate them for being so forward.
So its not really that Eva is so good but more that most anime is so damn bad in comparison.

This so much, Anno can try and ruin Eva with the Rebuilds but he doesn't need to because nothing will leave a larger hole in our hearts than the absolute cocktease that was the last scene of EoE. You can try and fill the void with fanfics and doujins, but it doesn't really matter how good they are, because it will never be THE end. We get no catharsis. We're doomed to be unsatisfied forever.

In a perfect world, the ending of 4.0 is just a second beach scene where original timeline Shinji and Asuka are having a picnic some indeterminate time in the future in a much better place than they used to be, and the credits are laid over an extreme long shot of the apocalypse while they walk home holding hands, and we can all go home and finally move on from this fucking show.

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_sorandia__sample-0254b6c18438dcaabd83038cc5 (850x567, 100K)

>yfw Rebuild is just him wondering how he could have done things differently as he sits in Instrumentality during EoE

Attached: 230-231.jpg (1832x1346, 464K)

>he wants a Mirai Nikki ending

I want to tie Asuka down and breed her like a cow.

It's kind of understandable because there is barely any ramen stands and coffee/tea shops for Misato to fatten up and look for plump. Everyone in Eva looks slim and normal.

Anno didn't give us the end we wanted but the ending we deserved.

Japanese like open ended finale's because butthurt fans and because they don't know how to write a proper ending.

I mean they are still recovering from second impact. It makes sense that they might have food rations for a while.

I called it the greatest fic of all time, I get there aren't as many social cues to pick up on over the internet but no shit I was being sarcastic

Well Shinji decides to grow out a small ponytail like some proto-Kaji, so either Asuka's tastes for men were always on the mark all along or Shinji is doing it deliberately.

Attached: 154528022117.jpg (1569x1920, 650K)

it makes sense that shinji would grow up like a kaji without the facade desu

Do you think Shinji picks up the cello again after 3I?

Can some good user elaborate about "made for each other" thing? I am a fucking autistic&retard user, I dont get it

Asuka and Shinji have the same internal issues (intense feelings of loneliness, depression, all-consuming desire to be loved and cherished by others brought on by the lack of affection from meaningful parental figures, self-hatred and self-esteem issues, need for validation, and most importantly too scarred from their history of abandonment to try and reach out to others and closing themselves off instead to prevent being hurt), and given this they are the only people on the planet that can understand, empathize with and really be there for each other when they need it. Asuka is Shinji's only way to get a good end in life by the time the series starts, and vice versa. They will be broken and miserable people until the day they die without each other, completely alone in the universe.

There are people in this thread that will try and tell you otherwise, but that paragraph is law. That is how they were written to be.

Attached: 1558002323410.jpg (640x640, 84K)

You should of also mentioned the fact that them getting with each other would mean that their mental health is actually improving for once.

They're like peanut butter and jelly.

Both trapped in the jars of their own pain and isolation, one stiff and content to remain as is if left alone, the other more vibrant but easily crushed.
And you can't just take them out of their jars and mix them together or they clash and the result is icky and worse than either of them alone. And just having one of them alone is also unsatisfying.
But if they can properly come together and compliment their strengths, you get the ideal sandwich. I mean relationship.

We all know that Asuka would either shlick to shinji in that coma upon seeing his dick. Or rape him so she can feel some form of intimacy

Usually I'd disagree but realistically it makes more sense if we meet in the middle and say she starts either of those things and snaps back to her senses midway in and gets nauseous from herself to the point of vomiting in a nearby trash can

Attached: dO4MNX9.jpg (2048x1536, 424K)

Asuka isn't that desperately horny.

But for intimacy she might try kissing him, lament that he isn't awake to kiss her back like she needs - which makes her remember the failed first kiss and that an awake Shinji still wouldn't be kissing her back, causing her to spiral into another bout of self-loathing and disgust.

Attached: ASUKA12A.jpg (455x512, 79K)

I have double dubs, so my idea is more powerful!

Their relationship will end in teen pregnancy.

Attached: 1546469233624.png (695x1200, 434K)

She has three off-screen years of Kaji-like Shinji, but I think she's fused to her Eva the whole time that there is also a Gendo-like Kaji. And Rei-5 never met Gendo, this is messing with her because she thinks he resembles Shinji. Feels like we missed out on a thing.

Attached: 1531626173480.jpg (1280x878, 253K)

>Asuka takes it too far
>Leg locks, Shinji
>Blames Shinji for it
>Gendo goes full "im gonna be a grand dad mode"

It'll always be a tragedy how there isn't an alternate version of EOE where the roles are reversed

>ywn watch Asuka suffer through one more rage breakdown from her intense self-loathing after using Shinji's body in the hospital before entering a similar fugue state, barely doing anything but walking when prompted by Misato
>ywn watch Asuka cry for the first time on the elevator
>ywn watch Asuka try and fail to activate Unit-02 until it breaks free for her, witness Unit-01's desecrated corpse and fucking lose it
>ywn watch Asuka completely lose her mind and repeat sweet nothings to herself as a giant Shinji breaks down her AT Field to slip her into Instrumentality
>ywn watch Asuka's Instrumentality
>ywn watch a thoroughly punished Asuka cling onto the last remnants of her rage and self-loathing as she throttles Shinji on the beach, double take in pure shock as he caresses her face and slowly break down sobbing onto his face for a while before gargling out "How disgusting." to nobody in particular

Attached: 1522787775907.jpg (540x400, 35K)

>pregnancy makes Asuka super horny so she and Shinji continue to have sex.

someone post it

Attached: 1557715984710.jpg (600x800, 162K)

They would never stopped fucking. Ever.

Attached: 1553213047819.jpg (562x393, 69K)

I was referring to . Still funny timing

all teenagers are desperately horny

but asuka is more wrapped up in denial since her main coping method is just insisting to herself that she doesn't feel whatever is bothering her, so her self-loathing masturbation would only happen in her room later in the evening once misato had passed out in the living room. man, between shinji not cleaning, misato reeling from kaji's death and asuka trashing her room in intermittent fits of rage and angst, their apartment would be a fucking sty in this hypothetical

So one needs to edited it further so that there is a large puddle of cum beneath them and with at least asuka naked.

*someone needs to

What is this from?

an eva sequel light novel series by the guy who did the mech designs for eva among other things.

Attached: @ikuto_yamashita.jpg (2048x852, 423K)

So why do you ship them? They'd become codependent and kill themselves because they'd be dating mirror images.
Shinji doesn't need romance in his life he just needs affection and Asuka is the same. I mean she likes Kaji but would probably work with Toji since Kaji would never taste unripe fruit.

Huh, neat. Thanks user. Is it any good?

>gardening with an entrenching tool
what a chad

I want to fuck them one after another on the same bed as they hold hands

>Gendo-like Kaji

Would this be the greatest antihero of all time? I think if Gendo had been a little more Kaji his harem wouldn't killed him in the end.

not if you're looking for more of the series' tone, but it's unabashedly over the top which has something of its own charm. there's a official english release coming eventually now

Attached: 164-165.jpg (2455x1616, 1.13M)

I am a 38 years old wizard, I never been horny, not even as a teenager...well I am really ugly :(

>a giant Shinji breaks down her AT Field to slip her into Instrumentality
Sometimes I get mad when people have such an unbelievably superficial inkling of understanding of what happened in in EoE but then I remind myself that I've watched it 40+ times.

Attached: 1448680374167.png (1452x1050, 1.43M)

I know nothing about it but general details - its set 3 years after an alternate EoE scenario where the MP-Evas are defeated and the JSSDF don't help invade NERV.

And then it gets weird.
In addition to Rei-3, there are also Reis 4-6 simultaneously active, Rei 6 is a loli for some reason, and Asuka merges with Unit-02 and becomes stuck as an Evangelion.

Attached: 1555985669181.jpg (1576x2260, 1.41M)

>Shinji the light novel protagonist
Why haven't they realized yet that he's the least interesting thing about the series?

>using fucking dogshit manga characterization Asuka as evidence

The Rei amalgamation takes the form of whatever the user would find most comforting on a spiritual level to help them sink into the abyss. Asuka never had anything but superficial feelings for Kaji and used him solely for easy validation, Shinji appeals much more to her wrecked soul.

Why would any of the sort happen? Asuka is sexually attractive, so Shinji fapped. Most of us did weird depraved shit of a similar nature when we were in the throngs of puberty.
Shinji is the furthest thing from a sexually attractive male, and females don't have the same heat-like urge for sexual gratification the boys get around that time, so Asuka wouldn't do anything.

I can't believe how deeply you've all read into Shinji jerking off onto his unconscious coworker. Tell me the deeper meaning behind Weinstein jerking off into plants now.

if anyone i'd assume it'd be her mother

That works much better actually so yeah it'd be her mom

I also think she'd still see Kaji.
The people who the tanged see are the ones most unconditionally comforting to them. In Asuka's case it is Kaji, and in Shinji's case it is Kaworu.
If the other was dead, even if they admitted Asuka/Shinji loved that them, they still would not see the other as that person because their feelings and relationship are too turbulent to be that unconditional easy comfort.

My guess is you gotta be dead for the Rei molestation army to use your form.
So if Unit-02 is still kicking, no mama for Rei to look like (honestly a disturbing thought for Asuka to be tricked into hugging a Rei that masqueraded as her mom)

Attached: SEETHING.jpg (969x1615, 917K)

no, they appear as yui

Hey genius, the entire premise of their relationship is that they're fucking uncomfortable with each other. Its the Hedgehog's dilemma, speedwatcher. The manga has nothing to do with thing. Shinji would make Asuka raise her AT Field to peak levels.

Lastly
>superficial
Fucking insecure self-inserts I swear to god. Kaji was literally the person closest to her and had been with her all the way from Germany. She tries to die after Shinji spergs out and tells her he's dead. I don't care what you call it, romantic or platonic, surrogate daddyism or the like, but there's no denying she felt deeply for the characters.
Even if its "superficial" like you say, that doesn't preclude her from having her walls torn down by him. Or what, you think Misato was Hyuga's one true love?

Attached: 6yty.gif (500x375, 1021K)

Soon

Attached: Based Shinji.jpg (1280x1024, 157K)

Gendo looks really good there.

>trying to disprove what i already changed my mind on

hmm, right. Fuyutsuki sees her.

In the manga canon where Asuka is tanged, I'll just chalk it up to Yui's bullshit since she also holds an extended conversation with Gendo.
Otherwise it makes no sense that Asuka wouldn't just see mom again.

>Disallowing me the catharsis of getting mad and sperging at people on the internet about character relationships in a 20 year old japanese cartoon
Work sucked today.

Asuka was the first one to leave instrumetality after shinji and she is kinda a loner. Even though she loves her mother, i feel she would have a reaction similar to Shigeru Aoba and try to reject instrumentality.

THAT IS, if she still still alive. Asuka is definitely already dead in EoE when 3rd impact happens, so she doesnt need anyone to hug her, she becomes tang by default.

Kaji's betrayable, his character starts at a girlfriend leaving him, chasing her and trying to understand why, and getting into the conspiracy behind her whole life until it shoots him. His record may actually be worse than Gendo's, because Gendo was able to string along Naoko, then Ritsuko and Rei for a decade before everybody but Casper turned on him at once.

Attached: 1543483392508.jpg (1837x2515, 604K)

Remember:
Gendo, Misato, Ritsuko = Shinji, Asuka, Rei
In that order

Attached: Evangelion DEEPEST LORE.jpg (1577x2216, 968K)

Shinji would not fuck his mom's clone.

>i feel she would have a reaction similar to Shigeru Aoba and try to reject instrumentality.
no way, she might be more hard-headed than shinji but there's still all the baggage and void where a mother's affection should be that the series builds its message around. with aoba i don't think the message is supposed to be that he's more closed-off or anything but that he's more content and accepting of the human condition if you will

That or Aoba just doesn't love anyone in particular.

Did the poor guy ever do anything to accidentally piss Rei off at him?

Attached: 1465364709610.jpg (634x480, 115K)

Kaji's problem was not confiding in his harem or asking anything of them because he cared too much for their safety
Gendo's problem was treating his harem like shit and not showing his emotions or empathizing with them. If Gendo genuinely had cried about Yui in front Ritsuko or Rei, and pleaded with them and begged for their help they'd probably have pulled through. He didn't make them feel good about what they were helping him do.

>It takes 10 Rei clones to force down Chad Aoba's AT field
Why didn't he fight the Angels with CQC?

Do you think Gendo could have brought Shinji into his inner circle if instead of pushing him away as a kid, he let him know he had a way to bring mom back and asked for his help?

shit, he probably didn't even need to go nearly that far, ritsuko only boiled over after everything went to shit between them and rei had to die first

>be a guy chasing his gf
>stumble open a global conspiracy extending back decades that resulted in the deaths of 3 billion people

Kaji's story would make a really good spinoff.

>MAGI=Naoko

Doesn't Ritsuko say that shit outright?

If anything, he should be seeing a guitar, but that would look too silly.

Technically, MAGI is supposed to be an artificial copy of Naoko's brain.
I think the theory in question is that it is the real deal, after she suicided they put her real brain inside the thing.

yes, but tbf things that are openly stated in the series are often overlooked in eva threads

And she still didn't betray him to Seele. She kept his secrets and went for her own revenge on Rei and then a murder-suicide end.

Yeah the Shinji cucking Gendo thing with Rei felt really forced, especially with how Gendo just stopped being nice to Rei halfway through the show.

Attached: 1464070159961.jpg (864x486, 58K)

I just realize that this is the only pic of a pregnant asuka I have seen posted on Yea Forums.

Here's Naoko's brain embedded in Caspar.

Attached: naoko brain.jpg (1200x908, 133K)

outed yaself as new tbqh

>before everybody but Casper turned on him at once.
About Casper, why did it still side with Gendo after everything. The old notes from her Naoto called him a jerk and she died realizing he just used her.

I guess this is why when making an advanced supercomputer tasked with saving mankind, you shouldn't do something as dumb as assigning one of its main 3 personality traits as "Woman"

>implying Asuka didn't sit there drunkenly murmuring "i'll kill you" to nobody on the verge of death from blood loss, saliva leaking from her mouth. her bisected arm limply hanging down and her hand slipping off of her face exposing her popped eye all alone in the dark

Attached: 1506904455872.png (171x233, 55K)

What does it mean when Asura level seems like entry Evageeks theorizing to me?
The only thing deep there is hair length/color variation

not even a supercomputer can beat the cock

Are you still in High School or something? The fact that something is included in a narrative shows that it has meaning. If Shinji jerking off to Asuka was just hormones, it wouldn't have been in the movie.

Because Naoko's superior computer memory weighed Gendo's total chadliness and the pleasure his dick had wrought against her more recent memories of being betrayed, used, tossed aside for her daughter, and still found that it was worth it.
Humans tend to prioritize their most recent experiences, unlike computers you see.

It's this. That's Naoko as a woman, programmed with the same logic she used to make terrible decisions based on how much they made her bean jump.

They outright said all the religious imagery was there because it was cool.
Shinji jacking off is an audience capture that fucking worked since its still the most referenced scene 20 years after the fact.
And it does have meaning. Its juxstaposition that screams "Yeah he's just a fucking 14 yr old boy" and makes the viewer well aware of his non-qualification for the series of events he is to experience.

The idea is that it is meant to be a copy of her brain, not the real deal.
But it can be, i guess.

EVA threads are only ever good when we talk about Gendo

Its part of the joke, the last level is either insane, dumb, or very very blatant.

Eva threads are only good when we realize the real villain is Yui.

Then why that pairing only appeal to ronery weebs waifuing Asuka?

Attached: Asukafag.jpg (560x420, 42K)

>When you sacrifice everything to bring back the love of your life but she's a fucking nutcase who wants to put her soul into an Eva unit

Attached: 1553302226728.png (1048x1532, 1.18M)

>literally took the helm of a supercorp and ran the entire fucking thing from day 1 in office just for the endgame of living in paradise with his dead wife

I'm not saying Gendo didn't do Shinji dirty or that he did nothing wrong, because he did, but his intentions were relatively good compared to everyone else and he didn't deserve it.

Attached: 1517115557641.jpg (184x184, 28K)

Everything that happened to Gendo in EoE felt forced.
>Rei betrays, chooses his son
>Ritsuko shoots him, even after his plans are completely in ruin and her love rival rejects him
>Yui eats him for no reason and contradicts the message of the whole movie

Attached: 0087-012.jpg (1066x6400, 1.64M)

You mean the true mastermind and head of SEELE Pen Pen

>When you sacrifice everything to bring back the love of your life but then you realize she never gave a shit about you and decided to ditch you to become a floating gravestone in space

ftfy

At least in the manga Rei just takes Adam and not his whole hand.

She wasn't dead yet on Day 1. He married into the globanati, participated in the planned demolition of half the world, and became director of Gehirn before that because he was into it.

Attached: 1534522559790.jpg (1440x1080, 375K)

>become a floating gravestone in space
Now I'm remembering that fanfic that someone was posting a few weeks back where Yui had been crash landing on alien planets each incursion and had ended millions of civilizations after going berserk.

>Yui eats him for no reason and contradicts the message of the whole movie
>Yui

You realize Shinji was in there too, right? By that point he was just a mass of insane rage and was lashing out at the person he felt was most responsible for him being in that state.

>participated in the planned demolition of half the world
Objectively speaking SEELE was on the straight and narrow until after this happened. They killed 3 billion to save the other 3 billion. I wonder if they'd still planned on instrumentality before that, or if it came about after researching what happened when Adam partially awakened.

That sounds cool, was it on here or on another website?

I really wanna know what all of this shit means, but I have the feeling it's all a tiny bit too obscure to find the reasoning behind each theory without having someone spoonfeed me
I still don't even understand EoE why Rei rejects Gendo and what that even means

The irony I'm starting to realize is that things would have turned out better if Rei just remained obedient and did her damn job to let Gendo have control over 3rd Impact.
She picked the literal worst time to express her free will and be rebellious with it.

Shinji was too busy screaming to be in control of anything whatsoever, and he wasn't
Someone was reposting it. Its some Gendo-protagonist alternate story.

To be fair, we have no idea what the rest of the world would have looked like with Gendo at the head of Instrumentality. With Shinji, people at least have the opportunity to return.

There's probably like a 90% chance Shinji and Yui would be able to convince Gendo to end the paradise world too once they're all reunited (although there's no reason to do that tbph)

Reminder that Yui let Asuka die in order to clear the field for Third Impact.

Attached: 05e14fdded9895073e9bc938ded7235bda58d4e2.png (480x640, 424K)

The game and manga presents us some possible explanations that fit. It'd be like a VR world where everyone keeps their individuality but can live however they want abstractly inside of Unit 01.

Attached: ttt.jpg (771x520, 46K)

cause he was a bad dad

Attached: ezgif-2-00950a34df88.png (1365x2048, 1.42M)

>VR world

Is Asuka riding Shinji's baloney pony in that world?

Per NGE, the scenario did not start until Gendo proposed it to Keel, after Yui disappeared and Gendo came back from going off the map for a week. But Fuyutsuki already had an idea of what Gendo was suggesting, so the plan could possibly have existed internally to Gehirn before that.

Attached: [2D4U]Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_BD_21OA[1080p_DualAudio](F20F5E22).mkv_snapshot_14.15_[2019.05.22_23.3 (1440x1080, 174K)

>lets remove all individuality and memory and crush everyone's soul into placenta within a black egg
SEELE's goal ended up being such retarded "2deep4you" posturing, I wish they'd kept the "we'll become omnipotent alien gods and rule over men" plot.

It's a shame they don't like each other romantically.

Because Shinji was in trouble and she cared more about him than Gendo because her memories faded every time she died .

Alternatively because her boyfriend just killed his side hoe right in front of her and then stuck his hand through her tit.

Attached: 37vggw7.jpg (750x600, 62K)

and her parents are still alive & together

Maybe if Shinji started working out.

youtube.com/watch?v=_bLRaGo-Qwc

The funniest thing about SEELE is that going off of the themes of the show they're a bunch of sad old washed-up losers that never matured or learned the lesson Shinji and Asuka and Misato did, lived miserable and joyless lives and are essentially the most pathetic human beings on the face of the Earth, and have to be to unironically believe the shit they're spewing out.

It's just that nobody ever really thinks about this since they're just a plot device.

Attached: 1522206944737.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Gets taller and works on fixing his garbage personality. Maybe Asuka would love him.

Making everybody into a formless, thoughtless ball of LCL seems like a tough sell. Gendo surely is the most talented character to be able to convince them.

She also let Toji get hurt/die (anime/manga) when in the very next episode demonstrates she can just reject the dummy plug.

Why would retake being canon be higher up than Angelic being canon? Isn't AD an officail AU?

>Shinji becomes not Shinji
The perfect solution to every problem in NGE.

Gendo could sell shit to a pig farmer

>implying Asuka wouldn't be utterly, irreversibly heartbroken if Shinji's personality changed from a soft-spoken doormat to something completely different, thus cementing her as completely alone in life

Yeah but look at this shit

Attached: 0072-023.jpg (1131x4800, 1.39M)

Now just animate it like Inferno Cop.

>sol au yui is never passive-aggressive to shinji's friends
missed opportunity

Nothing shipperfags have to say are valid.

that's the goofy raising project manga, angelic days is shoujo adaption of the second girlfriend of steel game

Asuka hated Shinji passive personality, if he were more stoic like Gendo she might've had a crush on him. Stoic guys in anime get all the girls.

I'm rewatching Eva for the first time in ages and I'm remembering why I don't actually like Asuka or Rei (or Misato for that matter). Rei barely even exists and Asuka while megatsun can actually be likable but then she does stupid shit like in episode 16 where she goads him into attacking the shadow angel which fucks him up bad and almost kills him.

shinji's fault for not being able to handle the banter

As the most popular girl in school Asuka only liked chads like Kaji, her interest in the beta Shinji mainly stems from him being a better pilot than her because of plot reasons and not anything that has to do with the character. If Shinji was a worse pilot than Asuka, then she wouldn't even care about him because she's driven by status and validation.

>Asuka's face when Shinji pops up in her mind probe immediately followed by her ranting about never being there when she wanted him to
>implying she doesn't have a crush on him

I seriously don't get how people on Yea Forums miss the most basic shit in this show, it's not fucking Lord of the Rings

Attached: Screenshot (1147).png (1422x1011, 818K)

That's not Angelic

THIS is Angelic

Attached: 12.jpg (728x1171, 127K)

On her nights off, Rei is a DJ

Attached: 7YTFjPS.gif (380x285, 1.05M)

>implying

What said, Asuka's banter was great

Attached: super duper number 1 eva pilot.png (1434x1035, 1.28M)

>A co-worker you live with pops into your mind occasionally. Wow.
Shipperfags in charge of logic.

If everyone is dead in the reboot then how is their command ship kept afloat? How do they produce spare parts or it and the evas?

Attached: evangelion-asuka.gif (500x230, 1016K)

Oh yeah that's the one well best boy Kensuke as a pilot.
He's like Shinji but interesting.
Everytime I rewatched NGE Asuka got less and less tsundere. By the 10th time I'd stopped seeing her as tsundere at all. She just genuinely dislikes the brainlet troglodytes she is forced to interact with save Kaji.
People fluctuate between treating her like a kid despite being a college grad, and forgetting about her to jerk off Shinji.

Attached: 038.jpg (728x1077, 112K)

Because Asuka is dependent on people in general, she isn't self-sufficient. It's not my fault your a shipper who missed the boat with their relationship.

Shinji's fault for getting cocky with his "combat is a man's job!" shit talk, shortly before he screams out to 3 women to save him.

Most of the stuff in that pic are fan theories, many of which are purposely dumb or reaching, for comedic sake
Others are real theories, and others arent even theories, are actual points of the story.

I thought her interest in his was a combination of low-risk and proximity.
I can't imagine how she'd feel if she knew Shinji's piloting skills were basically nepotism and having a completely different type of Evangelion.

Pathetic shipperfags never experienced High School romance of their own so now they're just projecting on to nip cartoons for adolescents.

Shipperfags are a disease on every fanbase, they go from series to series only for one thing.

Is that how your girlfriend looks at you, user?

Shinji was getting pretty prideful there before he got swallowed by the shadow angel. Even if Asuka hadn't goaded him into attacking the angel, something would have come along and fucked him up. Who knows? Maybe if Asuka hadn't convinced him to attack the shadow angel, maybe Shinji would have been the one to get mind raped by the 15th angel.

>I can't imagine how she'd feel if she knew Shinji's piloting skills were basically nepotism and having a completely different type of Evangelion

You srs? She calls him out multiple times on him being a pilot only because he's Gendo's son, and that he pilots the test-type Eva instead of her own production model.

I mean yeah that's how it works, happened to me too for a while with a hot girl. You get to play around a lot but girls like to flirt and get your attention even if she isn't attracted to you to assert her worth.

Angelic Days is even goofier while having fewer jokes. It's the one where the giant of light that sometimes appears out of nowhere has Unit-01's silhouette and Shinji might be dreaming the whole setting.

Attached: 5.jpg (728x1092, 140K)

Yeah but she doesn't know Yui is carrying him and that the unit itself was made from Lilith and not Adam.

>WHY ARE YOU THERE DAMN YOU? YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING
>YOU WON'T HELP ME
>YOU WON'T EVEN HOLD ME
>NO ONE
>NO ONE
>NO ONE
>SO LOOK AT ME

25 years and still SEETHING

Attached: Screenshot (1153).png (1435x1009, 792K)

The nepotism call out is only on Shinji being chosen, and Asuka believes the production model superior.

If she knew the actual mechanics at play, she'd have quite a different reaction.

I remember when we used to enjoy things for a good story and interesting character arcs. All these shipperfags need to project their fantasies they never experienced, it truly is pathetic.

Dependency, shipperfag.

>not even your horny male roommate will pay attention to you, an objectively attractive female

I'd kms.

I only watched Eva recently like you

You're just mad your ship isn't canon bro

>and that the unit itself was made from Lilith and not Adam

She doesn't even know Unit 02 is made from Adam. That's top-level classified, same as her mom being in her unit.

I don't watch anime for shipping, retard-kun.

He notices that she's hot, but he's too afraid to tell her that he wants to fuck her brains out.

It's just a joke image, 'Kaworu Achieved Chim' doesn't even make sense in as the concept is pretty uniquely rooted in it's own series and frankly can be confusing as fuck even there.

It's the need for validation because these people are just average or worse than average and never won anything competitively.

Well you're posting in this thread with an emotional charge for some reason.

Toji is always based.

Attached: evagroup3.jpg (640x583, 59K)

Alright bro hit me up when Rei gets dicked in 4.0

Asuka suffered from being unable to find a middle ground relationship-wise
>Kaji so chad he rejects her
>Shinji so fag he rejects her
Toji would've worked but she was friends with is gf.

>emotional charge
shipperfag projecting again, the only emotion I feel about this is disgust like any good Yea Forumsnon.

Toji made the mistake of showing off his tiny dick when they first met.
And it must have been tiny since Asuka doesn't give a shit about him from that point onward.

Shinji's not a fag. He just has shit self-esteem.

Not really, I just think it's sad.

>he thinks it's not like that

Attached: laughingwhores2.jpg (768x590, 45K)

Ya know its funny, if NERV had just told her that her mom was there she'd have jobbed literally every single angel.
As soon as she realizes it she's wrecking those mass production units until they asspull immortality and wings

Asuka even being a pilot herself is also depotism (kinda).
Now a good question is: Why Yui was so much more proactive at protecting her son than Kyoko was to protecting her daughter?
Kyoko only showed up to Asuka during EoE.
Shinji already had understood the truth about unit 01, at the latest, when he got tanged inside it.

I didn't mean fag in the buttfucking way.

Nepotism***
im sleepy, okay?

Well you're going to keep feeling disgusted and sad then.

Attached: gos2_153.jpg (800x436, 231K)

It makes sense that a Lilith based soul and/or lifeform would be incompatible with an Adam-based construct

>"That was amazing"
>"I can't believe Mr.Kaji fucked us both"

Because they aren't dead. The fleet of aircraft carriers together to jumpstart Wunder is larger than any nation in our world could put up, they're dropped cargo by a fleet of helicopters, and Wille is still so much bigger than we see that Misato is only a colonel in it. The views outside that Shinji sees are from within what Asuka calls the L containment field that humans can't enter to pick them up.

I remember one user talking years ago about this idea:
>Asuka subconsciously knew her mother was inside unit 02, and likewise assumed shinji's mom was in unit 01.
>The fact unit 01 goes berserk, is stronger and fight more means, subconsciously to her, that shinji is more attuned to his mother, while hers dont show to care about her that much
>That is one of the many factors that drive asuka into the depression she is shown in the later episodes.

This.

Shinji was wearing an exoskeleton, Asuka was piloting a mecha.

Reminder to anyone in this thread in denial that Shinji and Asuka after Post-3I almost definitely
>are in the process of forgiving each other
>watch movies together at night
>sleep in the same bed
>have more casual conversations
>are slowly eroding each other's emotional barriers
>will get through an emotionally charged argument with a positive resolution and a hug
>will end up kissing properly
>will end up admitting they love each other when the relationship has progressed to that point
>will end up doing exactly what you thought this sentence would have ended up saying

Sorry that love wins you fucking virgins, cry about it

Attached: 1552616665459.jpg (474x679, 74K)

>>are in the process of forgiving each other
There's literally nothing for Shinji to forgive Asuka for. He's jacked off on her, forced her to fight the mass production units alone, told her about Kaji's death out of spite, strangled her.
>watch movies together at night
How?
>sleep in the same bed
Primordial earth doesn't retain heat as well
>have more casual conversations
"Hey Shinji, when do you think a well hung guy will finally pop outta the LCL?"
>are slowly eroding each other's emotional barriers
Literally the opposite of what escaping the LCL means
>will get through an emotionally charged argument with a positive resolution and a hug
Who will Shinji be hugging when Asuka's hugging LCL escapee chad?
>will end up kissing properly
Eating giant Rei's tongue doesn't count as kissing
>will end up admitting they love each other when the relationship has progressed to that point
To the point where she's willing to entertain Shinji's NTR fetish by confessing and then getting fucked by LCL chad in full view?
>will end up doing exactly what you thought this sentence would have ended up saying
Going their separate ways and forming nation states with survivors that grow and grow and eventually enter an endless civil war with each other 1000 years later.

While im not against the possibility of forgiving each other and starting a proper, healthy relationship, how the fuck are they going to watch movies in the apocalyptic landscape they now live on?

You really are one miserable dude, you know that?

Shinji-kun is so cute, he should dress like a maid again.

Shipper fantasies don't care about that

shinji openly longs for his mother and subconsciously accepts the embrace of the eva while asuka has it all wrapped up in layers of denial, rei even calls her out on not opening her heart to the eva

>s-stop ruining my fanfiction

Cool story but this post was by a shipper so it's automatically invalid.

Not even my fanfic, but don't shit on everyone else's fun just because no one digs you, man.

I'm going off the assumption that there are still some vestiges of power left for a couple weeks or months until everything goes dark. There are also external generators, so they'd just have to find a house with one.

What the fuck does Rei know?

You don't get to call people out on fanfiction if you are brainlet enough to think Asuka would go for some random 'chad'

You babies want a diaper? Goo goo ga ga you little retards

Pretty much everything, as she's the key to the fucking apocalypse.

Despite you being a retard, i do agree shinji has more to apologize than asuka, although she did say some pretty horrible stuff earlier in the series while enraged

I'm not even the one that made that post, though.

Why would you ever frequent anonymous anime boards unless you want to wallow in misery?

the actual nature of the evas for one

Yeah but what does she know about opening your heart to the eva. . thats kinda impossible for Rei especially.

>asuka watches movies while shinji cranks a hand-operated generator

I've been here for years, and I've never been 'miserable'. That said, I don't go out of my way to intentionally piss in someone's lemonade.

That's pretty much the founding principle of our greater Yea Forums community though.

>thats kinda impossible for Rei especially.
oh jesus not another who's in 00 debate

He's a genius at manipulating other manipulators who expect him to be manipulating them and convincing them that they'll still outplay him at the end. He sucks at humanity.

Attached: 1540251227250.jpg (1440x1080, 147K)

I dont see how, specially since she:
>Is the only person who can tame unit 00
>Unit 00 has a part of her own soul inside it

Rei just opens her heart to herself, since its her in 00

Rei realizes the Eva is more like a partnership, than the way Asuka tries to force it to her will.

Eva is just as real as any shipfic or even some dumb crackfick from 2007 where Asuka is 'teh evil pancake alien overlord XDDDD'

the only difference is production value

>he's never been in a thread where an idea blows up and gets support from lots of people

I've gotten half a dozen people in a single thread to compliment my fucking plot for a Wander over Yonder continuation, get your head out of the gutter

I'd think that opening her heart to the EVA would be impossible because she's so closely related to Lilith and they go on and on about the "unholy fusion"
unless its Unit01

>Goo goo ga ga you little retards
cringe dumb shipfag

>Watching a silent film
>"Shinji, pick up your damn cello and make the soundtrack"
>"Also do the voices"
>The TV is dimming down, crank harder"

>That's pretty much the founding principle of our greater Yea Forums community though

Yea Forums is a discussion board. How you carry yourself during the discussion is your own thing. If you wanna act like a genuine dude, go for it. If you decide to act like a cunt, you'll get treated like a cunt in return.

LAS always wins

Attached: AngelicDaysEnding.jpg (728x1171, 112K)

Spoiler alert: pen pen is inside unit 00

I change my mind. I just remembered that Rei opened her heart to literally everyone thats why she destroyed the world for some kid because he saw her naked and tried on some glasses.

Hence the qualifier : community.

We've been the source of internet vitriol for decades man

>sorry, but I have a boyfriend in Germany.
>he's 6 ft tall and has a car

Sure. But it doesn't mean you're obligated to be a dick.

Be the positive change in the community, don't be a dog

Except you're just a cancerous shipper so that doesn't apply to the likes of you.

No neck.

Yea Forums is LITERALLY founded on the principle of waifufagging for Asuka more than "hurf durf be bitter and miserable"
You are the one trying to fit too hard

Nah but it sure feels good to unload my emotional baggage on unsuspecting passerbys.

Who needs a car when you got a giant robot?

Attached: C126.jpg (1894x1024, 477K)

>Asuka
>Dating someone with a car instead of an Eva
Way to miss her character. She snobbed and told all the kids who showered her with gifts to fuck off because they are beneath her

Yeah let's just become like any other internet forum and remove the standards that made it good.

It was literally founded on the principle of 'hey they got that 2chan in nipland. Let's make the same here for shits and giggles and discuss nerdy shit"

No fucking way. He's calling it out. You're the one in denial of what happened.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm equally entitled to tell you I don't give a shit about your opinion.

Shinji showing up with Unit 01 is like you showing up for a date driving your mom's minivan and she's sitting in the back

And the car is from Redline.

>denial of what happened
Speculations based on almost nothing and misconceptions about the series is not 'what happened'

I'm not in denial of anything, I just remain open to the possibility of change. Also, the idea of Shinji and Asuka getting their shit together is far less fanfic than 'hurr durr LCL chad'.

No it wasn't revisionist, it was founded on the basis of posting loli porn on a middle schooler's website for laughs.

>Be the positive change in the community, don't be a dog
bumper sticker when?

As much as Evathreads entice anons to murder each other we're nowhere near as bad as evageeks.

Do you think Shinji would get it off with Asuka getting it on with another guy? He does seem a bit depraved that he might have a few weird fetishes.

Cope harder with the fact that Shinji x Asuka can only work when they're the only two sentient being left in existence.

>calling out a concept as simple and easily possible as "Asuka and Shinji learn to resolve their issues and grow closer to each other after pre-Instrumentality" like it's some insane misconception or OOC bit

Yeah nice one dumbass

The story is over, but you missed the point of it because all you care about is the shipping potential. Why did you even watch the show if that's all you cared about.

Yeah, by a weeb asuka fag who specifically wanted to talk about his waifu like the japs in futaba did in japan

>Shinji x Asuka can only work when they're the only two sentient being left in existence.

Which they are at the end of EoE, until someone else comes back, so thank you for finally agreeing.

Examples pls.

As long as it works

Attached: image0.gif (400x308, 563K)

Inside the LCL ocean thingy he stood around watching Misato get drilled by Kaji, Asuka by Toji so probably.

He wouldn't. At best he would wish he was in asukas place.

But they aren't because anyone can come back at any time.
That's like saying the sun will never rise because its currently night.

To be fair, its just a single guy baiting for the last 3-4 years

>he stood around watching Misato get drilled by Kaji

And looked completely unimpressed. He even commented on how worthless it all seemed.

Its actually a couple because I'm one of them and I took a break for the last 2 years or so.

>But they aren't because anyone can come back at any time.

Sure. But until someone does, they are, in fact, alone

Anyone can come back.
Doesn't mean they want to or will any time this century. Shinji was apparently waiting long enough to declare it a lost cause and begin putting graves up

internally he was stroking his incorporeal penis while projecting a calm persona. such is the nature of instrumentality.

Not that guy but Shinji had his hand out like he was about to rub one off seeing the scene.

I thought the whole point was that even if you gave them the most conducive conditions to fuck they still wouldn't do it because of who they are and they simply dislike each other deep down so much that even teen hormone urges aren't enough. They had all the opportunity to do it living under the same roof but somehow didn't do it. Usually in other mecha shows they would have gotten together already.

He had this judgemental look on that almost seemed disappointed with Misato.

>yfw God Emperor Aoba parts the sea he rejects instrumentality so hard
>can manipulate AT fields now
>makes Shinji and Asuka into sex slaves

I think he was disappointed by 'adults' in general.

They don't dislike each other, the whole point of the series was hedgehog's dilemma and people's fear of being hurt preventing them from reaching out to others.

>God-Emperor Aoba

Dude got the full frontal view of Third Impact. He comes back, his mind will probably be reduced to paste.

Considering what Asuka is known to watch, tricking Shinji into voice-over can only be humiliation play.

Attached: 1532944961358.jpg (1440x1080, 264K)

>Achieve transcendental state of self reflection past death while merged with the souls of the most important people to her
>First action is have ghost sex with kaji while everyone is watching
I mean, shinji isnt to blame for being disappointed with misato

So did Shinji, and Shinji was a child.
I would thoroughly enjoy an after-earth thing with Barbarian king Aoba, mindbroken from third impact as well.

He would just take one look at Rei's head in the sea, and starts running in the opposite direction screaming in horror until its out of his sight.

Attached: 8.jpg (627x450, 117K)

>Get him to do the voice of multiple cheesy and sexualized romances
>He still doesn't get it

>Fist of the Black Moon
>Aoba as Raoh
>Shinji as Kenshiro

I dunno if I'd fund it, but it might be fun.

Aoba handles third impact better than Shinji though.
To be fair, that's probably what Asuka and half of NERV's female staff did.

So tell me AxS fags, what did Asuka truly want with this scene in Ep 9? Did she really want Shinji to come into her room and fuck her?

Attached: z.jpg (630x480, 105K)

She probably wanted him to come in and stay with her, but if he actually tried something, she probably would have beaten him up.

>puts on porn
>he still needs further explanation
>Shinji is actually Shirou

She wanted him to just sleep next to her, which Shikinami went and accomplished more directly in Rebuild.

Attached: 1557970485483.gif (500x280, 329K)

she wanted shinji to express desire in some way because that would validate her

Doubt it, but she wouldn't be THAT annoyed if he knocked on her door and asked her how was he day, how she feels about being an eva pilot, smiled at her and then went to sleep

She didn't know what she wanted. If he tried she's scream and hit him.
Perfect world would be Shinji crying in the bathroom for the entire night lamenting at full volume about how smart and beautiful Asuka is.

Asuka's an idiot in any case. Did she really think a 14 year old Japanese atheist would know fuck all about the biblical battle of Jericho?

Think about how hot a 24 year old Asuka and a oyaji Kaji would be together.

The only comprehensible reason for him being a good pilot must mean he's a genius on similar par.
She was wrong, of course.

If Kaji is alive I want him to be with Misato
He doesn't even like Asuka romantically and Misato was the woman of his life

Im not sure if asuka knows herself what happened to the wall of Jericho.
In the 30' romance movie where the same scene happens, the girl who sets up her own "wall of jericho" doesnt seem to know they have fallen

>movie night is temporarily canceled after asuka tried to teach shinji about german art and he collapsed halfway through the restored cut of dr mabuse

I'd like to see how Kaji handles a development similar to what Gendo experienced. With Misato in place of Yui and Asuka in place of Ritsuko.
Also Misato would have aged out of fuckable range so she's better off dead.

Asuka pulled the reference from an episode of Star Trek and hoped Shinji was also a fan.

>Also Misato would have aged out of fuckable range so she's better off dead.
If Rebuild has shown us anything is that she is immune to aging, no curse of Eva required

>Tank full of blue-haired red-eyed Misato clones
I want this all the sudden, not even a Misatofag

>all the good untranslated dj over the years because it doesn't feature self-insert kun

Attached: 007.jpg (1133x1600, 329K)

she's just a really big frank capra fan
instead of a sol au in instrumentality she got the it's a wonderful life treatment with rei as clarence

Attached: 0030.jpg (1101x1600, 479K)

She came up nominally Christian in Europe, at least enough that her mother was buried in an actual churchyard, and the same episode established her as knowing fuck all about Japan and why their bedrooms don't have deadbolts. She really might not understand Shinji never saw a church in his life.

Attached: 1538064931268.png (606x454, 296K)

The only reason I can think of for why anyone would actually ship their waifu with a disgusting beta who jerked off over her commatose body lying in a hospital bed is because of self-insertion.

Attached: Girlhood_26.jpg (1120x1647, 502K)

akebono haru does good Asuka/Shinji stuff for about 80% of their work. The last 20% is shipperfag pipedream but they do a good job of not painting over Asuka's feelings (since its told from her perspective) and portraying Shinji as sub-standard as he actually is.
They even talk about how they're basically mirror images.
>tfw your love shows up a day after you let the betamale you're living with dogfuck you as stress release

Attached: 001_027.jpg (839x1200, 206K)

Is this the most profound and deeply symbolic image in existence?

Attached: P2sSPyN.jpg (2575x1728, 1.6M)

Is Rei staring at the watermelon because it looks like Leliel?

she is communing spiritually with the soul of the watermelon

>What is it? What is it for? Man made from red soil. Watermelon made from red soil. Watermelon, a creation of man? I hate red.

I'm still waiting for Death of illusion and an angel pt3

Misato would be my waifu out of the three, and even then wouldn't really call her waifu; best girl at most

I just think they're a couple of cute broken teenagers and maybe if they ever opened up to each other they'd be just a little less broken.

kek

>Shinji = spiral king
I spat out my milk and couldn't stop laughing for 3 minutes.

She's staring at the watermelon cause she's high as fuck.

would you?

Attached: choices.jpg (800x600, 124K)

This picture makes me want to retake Jerusalem.

youtube.com/watch?v=isxvXITTLLY

got a name for this game?

Attached: 0f5.jpg (877x544, 58K)

Girlfriend of Steel 2

Attached: xd.jpg (600x662, 33K)

>tfw this dialogue box appear every time you near a woman.

Shouldn't Rei be the childhood friend and Asuka the new exchange student?

>This thread

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

to be fair, the child of a human and an angel would probably be stupid powerful

It should be 100% impossible. It'd be like a human and a duck having children, but even harder because Adam based lifeforms and Lilith based lifeforms don't have a common ancestor.

That would be true in the sense of Asuka being foreign and Rei having a relation to Shinji and his family, and Asuka plain entering the series itself later, but Rei's deal is being withdrawn and unapproachably mysterious while Asuka is instantly acting almost obnoxiously familiar. You can't really do an osananajimi as curious to learn things about the protagonist and being guided around common things by him, and it wouldn't be very Rei without that.

>withdrawn and unapproachably mysterious
BALONEY PONY

That's what two pieces of shit madly in love say.

This.

Attached: 1545889026504.png (655x400, 269K)

It's quite obvious they're into each other.

Considering she slept near him after (though that may be sleepwalking).

>especially with how Gendo just stopped being nice to Rei halfway through the show.
So I'm not the only one who thought that was weird

Get fucked.

Rei best girl.

Attached: e7616e4345d5c23fa3eba4736e5df3d1.jpg (500x502, 89K)

Attached: c37d12ce-60ba-448c-8bbf-2c89bd57baa0.gif (300x169, 1024K)

Attached: 1494491672510.jpg (1675x908, 249K)

Attached: GutsCascaKiss.png (699x450, 201K)

shinji could never be happy with a girl

Attached: miłość.jpg (500x625, 190K)

Attached: afjn345ggd273.jpg (499x750, 59K)

hey the whole point of the romantic subplot is to say "They are too young for romantc love"
Did anyone actually watch this show?

Attached: afjn345ggd712.jpg (600x885, 110K)

kurwa

Was he ever nice to Rei? Shinji sees them as talking happily, but Rei never acts like this again and doesn't know what Shinji's talking about when he brings it up, doesn't know what Gendo is like when Shinji asks her. On their own, nobody interpreting, Gendo and Rei interacted like this. It's nice for Gendo, very to the point but he's asking about trivial things that are a waste of his time, and it's totally sterile on both sides.

Attached: status report.webm (640x480, 772K)

the volume of good anime has increased so in absence of great ones everything seems like shit.

Attached: c5a.jpg (512x572, 32K)

hmm, maybe asuka was best girl after all.

LITERALLY THIS. Anno knows fans will eat anything up so he gives you garbage on purpose to make you reflect on yourself for all the money you spent on merchandise and all the wasted time praising your waifu. He's very much against escapism, just like EVA is. I think the wait for 3.0+1.0 is also on purpose because he keeps on taking on projects for no reason other than delay the final EVA movie. It's been 7 years since the last movie and he knows what he's doing.

>asking "How is school?"
How low is the bar when this seems incredibly affectionate? I'd qualify it as "being nice".
He also eats dinner w/ her every day.

Attached: 715351ecff093eb84d21627b49b042b09d99d632_hq.jpg (550x412, 29K)

That's also why he won't word of god any of the autistic arguments we've been having for the last 20 years either.

Bump

kek

I wish someone would translate the nyoriko dj.

Attached: AO2008_65.jpg (1280x1893, 632K)

Attached: AO2008_80.jpg (1280x1850, 541K)

Not like it matters if he changed how he treated Rei.
Rei 2 was loyal to the end.
Rei 3 appeared more aware of her nature and was pissed over being used from the start.

Maybe because Rei 3 was conditioned by daddy Gendo is what I'm saying.
I'd like to think Gendo closed off his emotions because losing Rei 2 wass traumatic, but that may be giving him to much credit.

Attached: AO2008_81.jpg (1280x1855, 712K)

The more stuff I read about evangelion the less I understand it. How is this shit even considered a classic?

Attached: ruffy.png (600x435, 353K)

Attached: 1557587585804.jpg (724x702, 188K)

You're giving him too much credit. Gendo's attitude towards Rei doesn't change between 2 and 3, and it's a shock to him that Rei's attitude toward him had changed. They're modular to him, he didn't spend any time rebriefing 3 where he could have noticed and filled in her memory, he sent her to Ayanami Rei's home and expected her to still be with the program.

It's not that hard to understand the main message, you just need to pay attention and pause evey now and then to digest the info.

I like the "Rei 3 is Rei 2 + Rei 1" theory, and it checks out.

Rei 2 was with him long enough for his distant father routine to pay off. Rei 3 wasn't

Wouldn't that just make her want to suck Gendo's cock even more?

No because rei 1 is aggressive and vengeful as fuck, and neutralises rei 2 passiveness

Attached: 0370b106d89efbf15fe264ff327a5b62.jpg (595x800, 60K)

Rei 1 was a dick to Naoko because she was gonna larp Usagi Drop

Its more of Rei 2 was operating with an incomplete soul since some fragment of it got put in Unit 00 after Rei 1 died.
Rei 3 gets her complete soul back.

>hate yuri
>still think yuri pairings are better than anything including shinji

That's not relevant to Gendo himself not noticing anything was different.

Gendo would've known that since it would mean his plan wouldn't have worked with Rei 2.

But Shinji is best girl

Probably, but i think people give too much credit to gendo and SELEE.
They believe they are in control but in truth all they have is a soggy incomplete instructions manual to Lilith, and definitely have to make some shit up as they go

shinji better be getting some giant puss.

man I love gundam wing

SEELE was unironically low IQ religious nutjobs. When they realized Shinji was in Unit 01 and other various hiccups in the plan they were noticeably put off but literally went "Oh well, whatever happens, happens". And then they acted like they needed Shinji all along since they had to rip his psyche to shreds to catalyze third impact.

Shinji being in there was just a small set back, once they broke his mind they'd take control through the MP Evas.
They just didnt expect Rei/Lilith to crash the party, and they have oddly little reaction to her.

japanese culture tends to have fewer happy endings than western culture. They more often have endings about self-sacrifice.
I think part of why miyazaki movies are popular in the west is because most of his movies DO have happy endings. Of course it has a lot more to do with studio ghibli's expertise in directing, animating, etc, but I think this is a part of it nonetheless.

They stole that for DitF

They say that they need to deconstruct his ego to do the Human Instrumentality Project, so that the gaps of his soul can be complimented. I'm assuming that'd make him the vector for the rest of humanity to follow suite.
Im mostly confused about what Fuyutsuki was expecting though. He seems genuinely concerned about instrumentality inside the eggs, implying that Gendo's plans were vastly different from SEELE's. Gendo's plans for "a world without suffering" seems impossible if not for the method SEELE is using, and if there was a better way that doesn't remove individuality, why didn't he just originally pitch that to SEELE in the first place?

It really might not have worked at all, because Rei wasn't their plan and she performed a very visible function collecting people and conducting them to the Black Moon, which she was also operating. They might have destroyed Shinji's ego, gotten Longinus into EVA-01 to form the Tree of Life, and then just killed everyone with anti-AT expecting the souls to be attracted to it.

>Yeah let's just become like any other internet forum and remove the standards that made it good.
>actually being willing to discuss something without constantly posting 'yikes' or 'cringe' is removing standards

Why not both?

Attached: b19c8ecee493d7a0d579e4ea9eaa244b.gif (569x517, 155K)

Because I want Rei for myself.

>we used to enjoy things for a good story and interesting character arcs

Attached: 1549916052283.jpg (480x360, 13K)

So did Asuka and Shinji fuck in the end?

definetly made for each other

Attached: shinji asuka child+.jpg (1000x773, 301K)

Attached: shinji asuka kiss.jpg (640x918, 213K)

>They outright said all the religious imagery was there because it was cool.
>How to make anyone with a brain ignore anything you say about Eva in just one sentence

presumably yes and a lot

Attached: 1550336842252.jpg (1356x2000, 643K)

I think gendo has hid rei's true nature from SELEE, because he knew liliths soul would play a key role.
Hell, despite SELEE fucking up shinji in the surface, gendo is the one who "won" until rei decides to betray him

Unless SEELE is stupid, they must have basically known. They got their own red eyed albino angel walking around, and they see this red eyed blue haired girl with no verifiable background is a pilot. What else could she be?

SEELE probably had no idea about the specifics of Gendo's plan though, like being able to use Rei as a control with Adam implanted in his hand.

Clearly you didn’t.

That thread from a few weeks ago that used this same image reminds me of that place I was living in another state from my country. Now that I'm back to my old place for almost a month,it reminds me of the other place
See ya

>God worshipping Anno's random selection of cool jewish names
Only something mid-range Evafags do. Sink 7 levels deeper and then hmu.

SEELE is stupid.

itt children too young to remember what life was like before the tsundere archetype

Asuka is mean because she genuinely dislikes the kid around 85% of the time.

>That's like saying the sun will never rise because its currently night.
Fallacious analogy. It's more like saying that there is very little light because it is currently night - there is a potential for change, which DOESN'T change the fact that it is night.

Two wrongs don't make a right

>provides what is almost the psyche textbook definition codependency and toxicity
>he doesn't understand what codependency or a toxic relationship is

Holy shit.

Attached: f82.jpg (556x1280, 164K)

>Self-insert kun
>Demigod Kaworu and Rei obsessed with him because he's the first pilot they met
>Daddy is high rank Illuminati
>Mommy is high rank Illuminati
>Has best giant robot
>His older sex interest doesn't die until the very end

Asuka gets the short end of this whole Eva piloting gig.

OT3s are a patrician taste of the new century

it totally is

A co-dependent relationship is the best thing either of these two can hope for

Nobody give a shit about NGE, not even evafags. They only care for their headcanons. They can only see Asuka as a generic tsundere that need a hug from generic harem lead that's totally ME

Attached: caution.png (720x544, 534K)

They're both already fucked up beyond belief, and its only codependent if they enable the worst in each other while in the relationship.
Just overcoming the hedgehog dilemma to have a relationship would instead be a sign of personal improvement in both of them.

Or maybe just wait until they're not 14 and grow out of their angst. See if their full-formed personalities are compatible.

>They're both already fucked up beyond belief
Not really. I was way more fucked up at Shinji's age than he is.

Most probably Shinji and Asuka will move to other people and at best remember each other at their first love, unless Asuka claim Kaji was her first love. If they see each other again as adults, it'd be awkward but with some nostalgia. Inb4 they have to repopulate the world, watch the damn movie for once instead of posting your headcanons

Attached: yui's message.png (500x281, 176K)

>it's just teenage angst bro

Out of all the batshit Eva theories the concept that Asuka and Shinji aren't severely mentally unwell individuals regardless of age and are just going through run of the mill teenage angst that they'll grow out of is one of the dumber ones

I mean all lifeforms had the power to pilot the Eva but very few actually could. Asuka and Shinji emerged first because they had the most experience reconstructing their AT fields. Maybe after a year their Tokyo-3 classmates would start coming out.
Or it could just be more abstract and restoring yourself takes place over millions of years like in the manga.

For me the worst is the Asukafags claiming Asuka didn't try to commit sudoku in episode 24 and the blood was actually rust because Asuka is a fighter, not a quitter like that horrible brat Shinji and it's so obvious she wouldn't kill herself under any circunstance because she's pure and perfect and every problem she faced was brat Shinji's fault.

Attached: Asuka_sudoku.jpg (716x539, 61K)

This is really creepy coming from an Asukafag. Sometimes I think you guys like that theory of the new Adam and Eve so much because you want Asuka to be only for (you), I mean Shinji, Something like "I wouldn't fuck you even if you were the last man on Earth"

The whole point is that they're not batshit insane they're regular kids subjected to abstract and insane conditions. Hence the messaging behind the AU.

If this End of Days shit knocked off Shinji and Asuka would eventually adjust. They'd probably have weird kinks and self-esteem issues, but we all do.
They certainly wouldn't be murdering neighborhood pets or eating feces like the truly deranged would.

ffs not everything involving Shinji is self-inserting. Just because he's outwardly bland doesn't mean he has no character. We're discussing Shinji and NOT pretending we're him. Get over it.

She was missing for like a week and was there is no blood anywhere on her body, she was not cutting herself.
She was sitting still waiting to die because she couldnt bring herself to do it herself, hence her "I dont want to die" mantra.

I'm not an asukafag (in the shippery way, I like her as a character), I just get triggered by that line for some reason.
I liked the manga ending the best, which is an unpopular opinion.
When I watched it the first time, I read it as rust but that could be the show trying to get away with showing sensitive material (like a 14 yr old girl cutting her wrists in the tub) on TV.
I mean her wrists don't have any visible marks during the hospital scene, and the bandages are rather high compared to where you usually cut to off yourself.

I mean she is clearly trying to die, but it might just be through starvation. I'd like her wrist cutting to be true though.

>Just because he's outwardly bland doesn't mean he has no character
Shinji isn't bland and if you think he's bland, that mean most probably you're self-inserting as Eva was haremshit. I don't know, stick to Ah Megami-sama or Tenchi

Attached: confesion.jpg (300x424, 19K)

I said outwardly bland you fucking baitposter. You had your chance but if you're just going to be purposely dense you're not getting anymore (you)s

He said outwardly brainlet

Shinji is pretty bland unless you're an absolute normie chad. Most people discussing anime on Yea Forums have had every single nihilistic musing as he has had and then some.
We'd also have done a lot more to Asuka's comatose body.

Fucking Asukafags. That's the typical suicide pose and she was thinking on her mom's suicide. Not including Anno already got in problems with the PTAs and sponsors for episodes 18 and 19, NGE was almost cancelled. The author intention was too obvious except for waifufags defending their waifu for showing any weakness or a mental illness that can't be moefied

It's the if I'm nice to the damaged pretty girl I can take advantage and have her like me whiteknight beta fantasy, the anime harem escapism that Anno was making a point against in Eva. But Asuka would just take your validation to reaffirm her ego and leave you.

idk why you think cutting your wrists vs starving yourself in a tub is important?
I said she tried to commit suicide, ESL-kun.

>Implying I'd ever be nice to Asuka
dude what do you take me for? negging is tailor made for her.

Because Naruto and the AMVs

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

Attached: sasuke%20crying.jpg (479x270, 31K)

Well she wouldn't be interested to begin with because you're nobody and getting validation from you is meaningless for her.

>oh they'd just have some problems, we all do xd

Shinji and Asuka are a far cry from regular children mentally, they would both socially adjust well enough to reality and that's the best thing that you could say about them growing up because they'd still both be fucking broken and empty people on the inside that never end up happy.

Asuka would end up having some cushy government or other sociable position, but internally would look down on pretty much everyone and never resolve any of the issues she's had since she was a little kid. She'd just be using her job to get a constant feedback loop of micro-validation like she did with piloting and mostly delude herself into thinking her empty, personally miserable life is alright. This would fail like it did last time and she'd go through another mental slippage.

Shinji would be a shut-in office worker with average social skills. He'd have a beer with his friends occasionally and talk about things, but generally he'd sit in his apartment after work, do nothing of interest and lament his general situation. Shinji would probably end up the better of the two on account of maybe contacting a therapist.

The only saving grace to either of their shit lives is that they'd probably get back in touch with each other and reconcile.

Attached: 1541389130121.png (498x713, 442K)

I'd be one of the only two men on Earth.
>older male /fit/fag who can build a fire
Relatively speaking I'd be a complete package.

>Shinji and Asuka are a far cry from regular children mentally

They aren't though. Go home Reddit.
>Shinji would be a shut-in office worker with average social skills. He'd have a beer with his friends occasionally and talk about things, but generally he'd sit in his apartment after work, do nothing of interest and lament his general situation. Shinji would probably end up the better of the two on account of maybe contacting a therapist.
t. Regular person 1
>Asuka would end up having some cushy government or other sociable position, but internally would look down on pretty much everyone and never resolve any of the issues she's had since she was a little kid. She'd just be using her job to get a constant feedback loop of micro-validation like she did with piloting and mostly delude herself into thinking her empty, personally miserable life is alright. This would fail like it did last time and she'd go through another mental slippage.
t. Regular person 2

If you think the humans around you are all sunshine and daisies you're in for a wild ride young'un.

And Asukafags claim they aren't self-inserting

Attached: Asukafag BTFO.jpg (241x209, 9K)

>Shinji would be a shut-in office worker with average social skills
That or Hideaki Anno, maybe something with music. The rest is completely right

>doesn't know what a self-insert is

I'd rather be a fag than an antifan.

Attached: __kaji_ryouji_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion__f919582fe21604684cceb0d46ca146f3.pn (480x640, 120K)

i wish that was me

>it's regular to have a depressing, empty life where your massive emotional hang-ups and issues brought on from excessive trauma prevent you from ever being happy or glad to be alive

Jesus christ dude

Attached: 1541735497132.png (1600x1228, 3.46M)

Evafags don't give a shit about eva. They only care for headcanons. Shinji is le generic harem MC and Asuka is the favorite harem girl for the Asukafags

That's life dude. Nobody is happy unless they delude themselves with a higher purpose or religion. Its only gonna get worse too as society continues to introvert.

I'm an Asukafag and I'd prefer it if Shinji was removed from the series and I'd kill for version of NGE with her as the protagonist.
I think you're confusing shipperfaggotry.

i think youre the one with the teenage angst

I'll do you one better; Shinji didn't try to drown himself at the start of EoE, either, and he wasn't contemplating jumping in 4.

Alright go fuck yourself buddy, I'll prove you wrong single-handedly

Attached: 1552746727729.gif (320x242, 491K)

Please, I wish I still had teenage angst since it comes with an inflated ego and some other side affects. Nay, this is your garden variety employed adult without friends or family resignation.
I really wish I was an edgy atheist snark-machine because all I feel is jealousy now.

Restoring yourself takes millions of years in the manga?
I do know the "beach" theory (the 3rd impact crate would take hundreds of years to become a smooth beach like we see Shinji and Asuka at the very end of EoE), but thats just a theory

>Restoring yourself takes millions of years in the manga?
Implication is that LCL = primordial ooze and life begins again from the starting point, evolution and the whole shabang.

Not him, but sounds about right.

Think this is the quickest I've seen an Eva thread approach bump limit in a while.

Best couple certainly gets everyone passionate one way or the other.

Attached: 9361r.gif (500x697, 928K)

The biggest gag here is how their relationship in the manga was one-note and shitty the whole run with basically no development between each other and this still happens

Attached: 1543421648052.jpg (843x843, 242K)

Why is future Fuyustuki there?

Attached: 101161_1353336367.jpg (2802x4100, 1.76M)

Waifu faggotry and shipping faggotry are interconected. It's usually shipping X character with the character (you) want to fuck. It's the same with women, see Kawoshin. Shinji is the uke, the "woman" of the relationship, so fujoshis used him as a self-insert for having Kaworu-kun. That's why Shinji doesn't sell but Kawoshin is bigger than ever. Also why LAS and LRS fanbase is 98% male. Women hate Shinji even more than guys do. Inb4 women only care for gay ships, then explain SasuSaku, Ichihime and many more.

A couple years ago i remember some eva threads, specially waifu shitposting wars, hitting limit in 6-8 hours.
The best eva threads are long, tho. 3 day long eva threads are rare but amazing.

Manga Rei got robbed so hard

Kaworu wasnt even competiton because manga made him a total asshole too

>muh hedgehog's dilemma

Ideally it would have been Rei but (Sadamoto didn't want to arbitrarily discard in-universe rules like Anno meaning that) Rei wouldn't exist in the new recursion because she is Lilith.

Attached: 0087-014.jpg (1066x1600, 327K)

So am I not a waifufag, do I just like the character a lot?

>people don't remember the manga very well
Shinji connects with people, multiple people, far more effectively than anime Shinji.

Attached: 0075-017.jpg (1066x1600, 313K)

>Kaworu wasnt even competiton because manga made him a total asshole too
*chad

I irony is that he is probably also a waifufag and a shipperfag himself.

Voyeuroru sending the thread tumbling down

Attached: 0058-014.jpg (1066x1600, 333K)

GIB ME A MUMMY MISATO!

>ONE scene shoved in near the end with absolutely nothing of note in between this and the fucking manga equivalent of episode 9 counts as meaningful emotional connection

The last scene of EOE conveys a more rich relationship between Asuka and Shinji than the entire manga did.

Thats because sadamoto is a retard
>Asuka and Shinjis interations are the majority of the anime
>Rei's actually is more about self discovery and introspection
>Oh wait i cant change the ending that much
>Do a 180 on both asuka and rei
>Still make an ending that completely misses the original theme and message

I like the reversal that happens here

Attached: tables have turned.jpg (1066x1600, 367K)

Rei's arc*

>Still make an ending that completely misses the original theme and message
How can one miss someone that doesn't exists?

>and most importantly too scarred from their history of abandonment to try and reach out to others and closing themselves off instead to prevent being hurt
Asuka is very outgoing, she's just not encouraging. Shinji needs her to hold his hand, but she just gets frustrated and angry.

She's a mute woman screaming at a deaf man to hold her.

It makes no damn sense for multiple reasons either
Asuka in her depression was more self loathing that hateful towards others, and the reason why shinji choked her the first time was made more sense

>>Still make an ending that completely misses the original theme and message
Except its 100% the same and depicted more effectively since it isn't steeped in 2 meters of artsy tragedy end.

Also
>he thought it was a switcheroo
>not remembering that Rei is perfect Lilith in that moment
>not realizing that by saying to "Rei I want to hold your hand once more" he is collectively referring to humankind as they are Lilith-based life

Attached: 0094-004.jpg (2133x1600, 789K)

She's mad and lashing out. Not everything needs to be 2deep4life.

>miss someone
user, you are using 2 different meanings of the word miss. The ending of neither is about "missing someone"

The ending of EoE is about accepting mistakes and the shitness of the world and still be willing to pursue happiness, because you cant change what you done. A grounded and realistic message, in the middle of a crazy setting.

The manga ending is about reseting the world to try again, your decisions have no consequences

Ending and reseting the world is a tragic end, unless you are as crazy as Thanos

That world was garbage. All the best character were dead.
I suppose I may feel like you if I was a shipperfag and deluded myself into thinking that they'd gained anything whatsoever besides anguish from that timeline.

Original
>no matter how bleak life seems, you can always move forward

Manga
>no matter how bleak life seems, you can always wipe everyone's memories and reset the world

Attached: 1556136730189.jpg (484x534, 44K)

I meant to say something, not someone. Eva is really just a random mess made by a depressed guy having a mental breakdown using imaginary because it's cool.

Those characters are still dead in the new one.
Shinji holds Misato's cross still, he only meets Kensuke and not Toji for school, and Rei is dust

The ending of EoE is about killing everybody and destroying their lives to learn about how "maybe its okay to get hurt".
Shinji would be lynched as soon as people start coming out of the ocean. The only reason he wasn't lynched in 3.0 was because Misato is a huge softie and they needed him because of his strategic import.

>dude, just kill yourself, lmao

Attached: misato.jpg (430x462, 21K)

>>Oh wait i cant change the ending that much
How would he have ended it if he could have done what he wanted?

No one knows it was shinjis fault except maybe selee and fuyu

He is very clearly a reifag, so I'm sure it would have ended with a Rei x Shinji romance if he could

Either no one knows its Shinjis fault and just sees SEELE's MP Evas doing the nutty stuff, or instrumentality filled everyone in and nobody holds it against him

>Original
>>no matter how bleak life seems, you can always move forward
>Manga
>>no matter how bleak life seems, you can always move forward

Ftfy

Attached: 0096-021.jpg (2133x4800, 2.3M)

But only after reseting everything to set yourself up to be happier in a safer world than you were without knowing.

Why wouldn't they hold it against him? Instrumentality is a conclusion, not a process. And it doesn't heal your soul. If they reject partial instrumentality and reform, they could cave his skull in with a rock just like he tries to murder his coworker Asuka-chan.

t. A good thing

I bet you hate Gendo's Unit01 VR shambala too?

Stop trying to inject romance damn bro. Go watch Franxx or something

How does shinji exist without a mom or dad?

Do you got some kind of rock bludgeoning fetish?
You or someone keeps mentioning the idea of someone killing Shinji with a rock in recent eva threads

Well, rocks are the only thing we know exist post 3rd impact. Its probability.

I never noticed how closely the second to last page of the last chapter resembles the last page of the first chapter

Different parents, or the world was created starting at that instant and everyone transplanted over is seemlessly made to think this is the norm.
Rei talks as if the world was just created and she is dying, so its provably the latter.

I choose to take that as a yes

>the world was created starting at that instant and everyone transplanted over is seemlessly made to think this is the norm.

Yui seems to imply a long route.

Attached: 0095-007.jpg (2132x1600, 977K)

>going back to the beginning and forgetting your mistakes moving forward
"No!"

In real life, you have to live with what's happened. You can (not) redo.

Attached: maybe i am stupid.jpg (661x577, 77K)

This isn't real life.

Its a retry, not a redo.

Then the manga ending is escapism in one of the most literal senses for Shinji, which is counter to a lot of EoE

Let's not pretend Evangelion hasn't always been a thinly disguised self-help book. The manga fails in this regard because its advice and solutions are totally inapplicable to real life.

Attached: 1476359169061.jpg (348x342, 17K)

Actually its a redo and not a retry.
EoE is trying again, but not doing over

You ever read spirit circle? Just take it as his soul learned a lesson and moved to the next journey.

Attached: 0041-021.jpg (1114x1600, 241K)

Redoing implies a similar set of events not a complete different one.

God damn you guys give this show way too much credit. Its a narrative written by a snarky atheist retooled over the last 20 years to move merch.

I'm not giving it very much credit. At kits core, it's got a very simple message, which the manga completely missed.

Except it didn't, as has been sufficiently proven until you moved the goalposts and said it was about learning the lesson AND rebuilding on apocalyptic failures. It dished out the same message in a more uplifting way.

It dished out the same message in a way that undercut it and lacked pretty much all the emotional power of the original yeah