Kimagure Orange Road

This is a very comfy show

Attached: yvjo2_400.gif (400x300, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE
youtube.com/watch?v=AXUq4HG7fo8
youtu.be/Ep3QkaabO-c
youtu.be/LTOZhZSr6RY
youtube.com/watch?v=pkH2Jr3ZCn8
youtube.com/watch?v=p3FsbF_Aito
youtube.com/watch?v=x4kM_B_NMxI
youtube.com/watch?v=-lBa2yL3tGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most of the episodes are really boring. Kyosuke should have fucked both.

Misunderstandings: the show

Attached: 1554925130920.webm (640x480, 2.06M)

good premise but then nothing happened: the show

>mc acquire a new power without knowing it(self hypnosys)
>use this power without knowing it and he completely lose it
>when madoka go to his home,he threw her on the bed and rip her clothes apart with the intention of raping her
>she is shocked but in a split second she start blushing and stop struggling
>this supreme gentlemen goes back in time to stop this
>somehow it fucks it up again
>same scene as above but this time with hikari
>goes back in time again
>this time he does everything right AND NOTHING HAPPENS and back to the status quo
bravo.BRAVO

At first I was impressed by the "comfy" you suggest, but soon I was impressed by how shitty and infuriating this anime is.
Unbelievable.
Even Madoka manages to prove herself a bitch.

Attached: [Leeson] Kimagure Orange Road - 23_00:12:41_35.jpg (960x720, 126K)

another episode i remember is the one where incest almost happened
>manami the most tame of the girls in the show dress up with a wig and bury herself in make up because she is desperate to get a boyfriend
>start flirting with any boys she mets
>some delinquent girl want to fight because its "their zone" so the boys belong to them or some shit
>during the escape she loses her contact lens her brother save her without realizing who she is and has a very deep voice because of some spicy shit
>because of this little detail she also doesnt recognize him(no lens+different voice) so she fall in love for his own brother where she confess she really want to have fun on a date all day
>they have fun all day and she go back to home
magically mc's voice is back to normal and then nothing happens again

good timing with this thread
I've been wanting to rewatch it for some time but I wanna skip all the repetitive shit. Does someone got somekind of filler episode list?

The protags sisters were hotter than his love interests.

>ywn make a lonely and stoic beauty laugh

Attached: madoka laugh.gif (400x300, 1.83M)

Attached: Madoka snark.gif (500x377, 2.32M)

Attached: Madoka smile.gif (540x405, 1.92M)

Attached: Madoka smoking.gif (500x375, 876K)

Attached: Madoka surprised.gif (400x297, 999K)

Attached: Madoka pensive.gif (400x300, 502K)

Attached: Madoka flustered.gif (500x375, 1004K)

Attached: Madoka reflecting.gif (500x375, 994K)

Attached: Madoka breeze.gif (540x405, 424K)

Attached: Madoka playful.gif (500x375, 152K)

it's garbage
the only reason people like it because le 8tees and art style
which is a why it's a waste

Attached: Madoka wink.gif (500x375, 1.85M)

At least change your posting style.

Attached: Madoka drink.gif (540x405, 2.07M)

Forgot to add

Attached: 46234025_158682035092727_4437137709118392771_n.jpg (600x338, 33K)

Attached: Madoka flower.gif (400x289, 960K)

Attached: Madoka timid.gif (500x375, 1.48M)

>underaged smoking

>bloomers

>aerobics

TAKE ME BACK

Attached: 悲しい.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Attached: Madoka upskirt.gif (500x375, 642K)

WE CANT GO BACK

Attached: Madoka skating.gif (400x300, 459K)

BROS HOW COULD WE LET MADOKA WIN, ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TIME LEAP SHENANIGANS

>it's unironically almost 2020 now
I'M NOT HANDLING THIS VERY WELL

Attached: 1543997128874.jpg (1440x1080, 183K)

Attached: Madoka shower.gif (540x405, 1.5M)

>you must love this show or you are samefagging
get checked bro i only made 2 posts and both are greentexting where i even quoted myself

Attached: Madoka dancing.gif (400x298, 1.16M)

Attached: Madoka crying.gif (500x375, 1.67M)

Attached: Madoka surfing.gif (450x338, 1.85M)

I miss vhs
I miss records
I miss floofy hair
I miss bright colored clothing
I miss payphone booths
I miss video rentals
I miss aerobic videos
I miss blockbuster action flicks
I miss the cartoons
I miss rewinding
I miss Japanimation
I miss synth drums
I miss my walkman
I miss polaroids
I miss my pumps
I miss denim
I miss sweatbands
I miss arcades
I miss the '80s

Attached: Kimagure.Orange.Road.full.457661.jpg (1265x1300, 247K)

Me too man, me too

Attached: 1_hNv-BfG6B2dSJyUV_cyAWg.png (1121x610, 716K)

>almost 2020 feels like I'm living in the F U T U R E
>tfw I thought there'd be flying cars and nanomachines and anime waifu androids by now but all we got is cell phones and zoomers
Talk about a disappointment

Here, listen to this and be sad youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE
That's what I've been doing all day

>Dadrock

It's kind of weird, but Madoka is the sole reason I actually started watching anime and reading manga in the first place. I could remember almost everything from the first episode from when I watched it at three years old when I was 28 years old.
Some stuff just get etched into your memory. But I still think that pick thingy was and is pants on head retarted. And it was like only used for that first episode.

Pick thingy?

Pick thingy?

It was the first time child me was tricked into watching a romance SoL because I thought the superpowers were going to be relevant

My wife Madoka is so cute! Thanks for the gifs, based user.

Hands down one of the most disappointing things I've seen in my life for every reason already mentioned.

It fucks up the basic premise it introduced as quickly as possible and then consists entirely of bait-and-switches.

Attached: orange_road.png (640x489, 317K)

>Does someone got some kind of filler episode list?

The entire fucking show?

Why would someone toss a shitty filter on this?

>It's kind of weird

It's not weird at all. That's the whole gimmick of the show. It's designed to draw you in by making Madoka seem like the most fascinating girl in the world, and then doing jack shit with all the things that made her seem interesting.

>I could remember almost everything from the first episode

Again, the first episode is designed to do this. You see her smoking, playing music, hanging out with random biker dudes etc. and in generally portrayed as this delinquent with a heart of gold with all this seemingly mysterious backstory.

If anything, it's much worst than most bad anime because of how dishonest it is in continually trying to trick you into thinking it'll 'get better'. It just does tons of random shit for the hell of it.

It disappoints me that their powers didn't play a bigger role but overall i enjoyed it.

Attached: 154.png (783x596, 570K)

>80's Nisekoi
>comfy
I'm a patient man but, Jesus, even I didn't last after 17 episodes. And they have 50 of these.

love these round style faces.

Madoka a best

Attached: Madoka1.jpg (850x1095, 222K)

we are just getting old and being left behind

Attached: 1537108816641.jpg (468x431, 17K)

Attached: Madoka3.jpg (850x1214, 280K)

There are still a lot of classics out there for you to watch. And archive. If we don't preserve, who will?

Attached: BubblegumC7.jpg (340x488, 74K)

Whats this?

Bubblegum Crisis
Specifically the Double Vision OVA.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXUq4HG7fo8

Attached: bc2.jpg (681x1000, 213K)

you're really underselling how dystopic 2019 is

I've tried watching this show three times and I just can't make it past episode 3. Does it get better, should I just push though?

This

It sucks. Only worth it for the music and cute Akemi Takada designed girls.

honk honk.

You can largely credit it to two people: Akemi Takeda who did the character designs for KOR, most of Maison Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura, Patlabor and Creamy Mami and Minoru Maeda who did the character designs for Dr. Slump, Dragon Ball, DBZ and Touch. Those two are more or less responsible for the soft, round style of '80s anime considering they worked on a bunch of huge series.

[future funk intensifies]

Attached: 8a230fcda33de4d3f9b8fb20457b5c036dbac0dd_hq.jpg (736x540, 82K)

The 'powers' were fucking ridiculous. Absolutely nothing was accomplished that couldn't have just happened with normal physics. Half the time I forget that the characters are supposed to be literally psychic since it's otherwise a completely mundane high school love-triangle show with no reason to have this.

> episode 3

Ahahahah. God no. The first three episodes are the highlight of the whole show. I wish it had remained like that and actually pretended to have something like a plot compared to how it gets later.

Mfw girls will never do this anymore :(

Attached: [U-Jin] Angel_ Highschool Sexual Bad Boys and Girls Story Vol.01 [English] - Chapter - 125.jpg (754x1200, 114K)

You're still here? Fuck off.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x188, 20K)

Ah. When KyoAni was still for outsourcing.

youtu.be/Ep3QkaabO-c
youtu.be/LTOZhZSr6RY

Watched this a few months ago, every time I was about to drop it there would be an episode that I actually really liked. Then another five would go by I would hate and I would be about to drop it until another good one came on.

All in all a rather frustrating watch. Kick ass OPs and EDs though

I think I miss the music of the 80s more than anything else. It all sounded so bright and cheery, and even when it was completely synths it was more soulful than most pop music today.

The future turned out to be autistic but not the good kind of autistic.

I started Yawara awhile back and I'd kind of forgotten how often the annoyed "mou~" was a thing, it seems like it's completely fallen by the wayside even though it's cute as hell.

This desu.
;_;

Post some of your favorite KOR tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=pkH2Jr3ZCn8
youtube.com/watch?v=p3FsbF_Aito
youtube.com/watch?v=x4kM_B_NMxI
youtube.com/watch?v=-lBa2yL3tGo (RIP Hiromi Tsuru)

Why did you prefer Hikaru, Yea Forums?

Attached: hikaru.png (492x378, 192K)

We don't, but I sue as hell wouldn't turn her down for a quick bang if she came on to me.

>feminist cunt who smokes
>dyke bitch who's only wet for MC because she saw him throw a basketball in a hoop, but treated him like shit before that. also smokes
shit girls, shit show

Do they ever even smoke after the first episode though?

Because she's loving, devoted, cute and fun to be with. Girls that show how much they love you are the BEST.

Attached: 49913253_283078932364039_1720938860723055679_n.jpg (500x379, 23K)

Still better animation than berserk.

Attached: 716.gif (800x617, 451K)

What's the point of the supernatural powers if it's to use them every 7 epusodes

>I miss Japanimation

What did he mean by this

Animation made by japan?

Anime doesn't exist anymore ?

Dumb millennial

It's what anime used to be called in the US before it was called anime.

THANK YOU. Been trying to source this clip for agesss

Anyone backed up kickstarter for manga?

Been trying to get into this franchise but then I read up that, in addition to the original manga, you have the TV animated adaptation, OVAs, and a movie. How many continuities are there? One animated work will pertain to the manga continuity while another pertains to the TV animated adaptation.

loved every inch of this show. never understood why he couldn't just tell hikari that this was all a mistake lmao. the movie made up for it at least

I want to go back.

Ano Hi ni Kaeritai is really the only thing that should be considered separate. It's an anime original sequel that the mangaka hates, but most people like. It's a no nonsense reality check for the characters, which is nice after sitting through 48 episodes of them pussyfooting around and lying to themselves.

>underaged smoking
Why is this nowadays censored anyway? Did some kinda law chance in japan?

Yea Forums is dadrock board, user.

>Muh plot
why are plotfags are so obnoxious?

Because zoomers are weaned on 12 episode tv shows with shaky came and literal 3 second shot lengths.

Orange Road is the poor man's Maison Ikkoku

Attached: Maison_Ikkoku44_21wa_Akemi_Roppongi.jpg (650x500, 201K)

man do I miss this level of detail.

They don't have anything in common. Besides, Maison Ikkoku is extremely overrated. It's typical Rumiko Takahashi hijinks, which is really not a good thing. And if you want to talk about a story where nothing happens, then look no further than Maison Ikkoku.

Attached: Madoka 07.gif (594x512, 378K)

Attached: Madoka 06.gif (450x337, 1.23M)

Attached: Madoka OVA 01.gif (500x281, 1.51M)

Attached: Madoka and Kyosuke 02.gif (400x310, 2.88M)

Attached: Madoka 39_ 04.gif (350x261, 2.53M)

Attached: Madoka 39_ 02.gif (350x261, 2.78M)

Anyone know where to get a torrent for the OVAs cause i just cant find it. I found everything but that. Not trying to watch it streamed either.

Attached: 1547341998024.gif (500x375, 982K)

Attached: Madoka 39_ 03.gif (350x261, 3.34M)

Attached: Madoka 39_ 01.gif (556x416, 1.61M)

Attached: Madoka 00.gif (485x374, 791K)

Attached: Madoka 01.jpg (1375x1927, 1.01M)

Attached: Madoka and Kyosuke 01.gif (420x332, 2.62M)

>And if you want to talk about a story where nothing happens, then look no further than Maison Ikkoku.

Even though you get tons Rumiko's usual misunderstanding and delaying tactics you do get Godai going from a failure who couldn't make it to college to finishing college and there's actual definitive conclusion for the relationship at the end, unlike in other Rumiko series where it's just suggested something will happen in the future. It has a lot of development compared to most other anime romance.

fucking god this show...

the ending sucked.

Great legs

it kinda ended like a shovel to the face like. "okay, its gonna be done.... loose ends? nope, exterminatus"

God I wish this art style would come back. It's so nice, cute, gentle and sexy at the same time.

Yeah, I agree. Put some modern touches on it and you could really make it erotic while being easy to animate. If anything about anime has advanced, it's definitely the way that bodies are drawn.

That it was OP. I've still got several imported posters (licensed) from this show.

Fun fact. AnimEigo, the company that brought KOR to the states, gave fans the opportunity to get the TV show on laserdisk if they put down half the cost (OVA and movie were already available). Full price...$500. I swear I'm not kidding. They would only do it if a LOT of people were on board and the fans actually made it happen. Let that sink in for a bit. An anime company convinced fans to part with $500 for a TV show on fucking LASERDISK. Oh, and as an added bonus, you got your name in the ending credits (mine is on there). I still got the KOR pin too that came with it somewhere in storage.

Not many anime that's made it to the states has ever had such a loyal following that I'm aware of. The fact people still occasionally bring it up proves it.

Attached: kor_3.jpg (3456x4184, 2.25M)

Attached: kor_1.jpg (3456x3931, 2.12M)

Attached: 20190523_044034.jpg (3497x2525, 2.1M)

Absolutely based. KOR is magical.

I can't listen to Ano Sora o Dakishimete because it makes me intensely sad. I love the song, but it's just too much. Same with the movie itself. Everything about it is just so sad, the direction and visuals are so melancholy. I want to return to that decade

Attached: kimagure-orange-road-i-want-to-return-to-that-day-531.jpg (344x500, 98K)

what other 80s/90s romance anime would you guys recommend? Where relationships and story actually go somewhere.

>there's actual definitive conclusion for the relationship at the end, unlike in other Rumiko series where it's just suggested something will happen in the future.
Damn, this almost makes me want to watch it. I thought it would not be worth it because every Rumiko Takahashi show ends with open endings, which I hate.

>TAKE ME BACK
Fucking this. This era was so comfy.

Im surprised this has such a large thread. KOR was definitely magical, but I can't put my finger on what makes it so good.

It's probably because you don't find heroines like Madoka that often these days

For me, Kimagure Orange Road is the 80s. It's such a product of its time. The characters, designs, comfy teenage life and amazing soundtrack encapsulates that time. It's got that feeling of an everlasting summer on the beach.

Just imagine this gets a reunion anime special where all the main characters are aged in their 40s now.

get a load of this delinquent

nice hi-cut gals

no it's clearly not

it's what has regressed

The movie was pretty much my favorite thing about KOR. I love how brutal it was, even if its tone collides with the show's harder than a speeding bullet train.

Is it complete adaptation or should I read manga instead?

I'd wait for the autumn to watch it desu

higher res

I want to watch KOR but I want to skip the useless shit yall are talking about

Attached: 293004.jpg (1624x2212, 1.3M)

For comfy reasons?

The people complaining are complaining about the show as a whole. It's not as if there's a list of filler episodes you can skip, the whole show is episodic. Relationships are the way they are and they reset back to that after every episode. If that bothers you, don't watch it.

Yep

Maison Ikkoku

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Bullshit. Match this anatomical detail with an 80's equivalent.

Attached: 1544207343115.jpg (1280x1906, 976K)

>YouTube thumbnails

Not here.

For the first 10 and last 2 episodes. The movie is good too.
Watch Maison Ikkoku instead, it's basically superior proto-KOR

You can't discuss KOR without bringing up its shitty parts because it's shitty for the 70% of it.

Attached: Kimagure Orange Road - I Want to Return to That Day (1988) - RAW [1080p][ATTKC][A8BC13DC].mkv_201810 (1920x1080, 335K)

>Besides, Maison Ikkoku is extremely overrated.
If anything it's underrated in west. And it's way more subtle than Ranma and UY.

>he's still here

>If anything it's underrated in west
No it isn't. Maybe more obscure with the newer fandom, but that's it.
>And it's way more subtle than Ranma and UY.
Not in the fucking slightest. It's straight Takahashit except there's a rushed ending.

I just came in.

I thought that was /m/.