When will we have another Shinichi case now that they're dating?

When will we have another Shinichi case now that they're dating?

Attached: [Ah-le-le] Detective Conan Movie 01 - The Time Bombed Skyscraper (4K Digital Remastered).jpg (1920x1080, 795K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5-jtKdaDHs
youtube.com/watch?v=0-mcBotUkRY
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Rerun_and_Remastered_Episodes_list
youtube.com/watch?v=3j9vrTsLqyA
youtube.com/watch?v=2ShlZskzbHI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=1L9bCrG_Sqc
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-05-21/man-shoplifts-80-detective-conan-manga-volumes/.146959
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
tamashii.jp/special/conan/
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=78IxFLAh-88
youtube.com/watch?v=8qiS7R4QG34
myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1780072
news.infoseek.co.jp/article/wezzy_65616/
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Season_27
youtube.com/watch?v=1rBuUgCz1vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What does that hand gesture mean?

Spider-shinichi

slayer 4 lyfe

Red string of fate.

fake news

Soon I hope. I need another Shinichi fix. And those two deserve to go on a real date after the unpleasantness of the new movie.

Attached: 1541042138725.jpg (832x624, 67K)

I can't remember how long its been since the chapter came about but the anime adapted it like 4 months ago. We also know the boss of the men in black.

Attached: kiss.jpg (800x450, 31K)

I don't know why they had to set it after they started dating because it just makes what happens in the film more of a blueball, like even without the whole Conan seeing Kid as him with Ran flirting thing, the trailers attempt to make it seem like he gets to be himself this time but the cold open has Haibara outright refuse him the antidote as he bows for his request. It's a big fuck you to everyone made worse after their relationship has developed.

>he bows for his request
Did he really bow? That's kind of a significant self-debasing gesture in Japanese culture especially for someone as proud as Shinichi, so hearing that makes his treatment sound even worse.
Everything about the new movie puts a bad taste in my mouth. I wonder if Gosho doesn't have much creative control over the movies anymore other than helping out with key frame work, because I don't understand why he would OK something that makes his MC look so pitiful. He should give Shinichi and Ran another event together in the manga to make up for it, at least a phone call or gift exchange or something if they can't go on a real date.

Yea he bows. I think the video I was watching before got taken down but this seems to use the same source. The other one used instagram emoticon subs or something and had warped audio to avoid copyright.
youtube.com/watch?v=H5-jtKdaDHs
>I don't understand why he would OK something that makes his MC look so pitiful.
Everything seems to be humor oriented but if you actually look beyond the comedic value it just doesn't feel right. Maybe he overlooks it for that reason.

Attached: conanai.png (317x225, 95K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0-mcBotUkRY
>this is how he gets kidnapped
this really is one big fuck you isnt it like god damn

Thanks. I feel sorry for him, reduced to begging like that.
He deserves to have Ran give him pafupafu at the very least to make up for it.

Attached: 1545622058642.jpg (960x720, 98K)

It's really cruel for Kid to manipulate him using Ran's form. I mean I'm glad Conan is an emotionally stable person and won't get traumatized by even this experience, but this is a really shitty thing to do to him.
And after coming off of reading the manga and rewatching the anime (up to episode 162 now), honestly it feels surreal watching that. It's like it's not even the same series. Something has gone very wrong with the movies. Maybe letting the movie staff be separate from the anime staff was a mistake because it's like they've drifted off in their own direction.

Attached: 1548101530506.jpg (960x720, 85K)

I like Kid, but I liked him less ever since he tased Conan in that one case. It felt too fucked up, and he was just knocked out on the floor for awhile, and then because it had to stay sealed everyone just left him lying there for even longer, though he did wake up at one point and remained down there to think of the case privately.

I didn't like that either. Kid is a real sociopath when he appears in the DC world. He doesn't feel like the same person he was in Magic Kaito. My image of him has been damaged and I didn't enjoy my rewatch of movie 3 as much thanks to him.
It bugs me how a popular part of the fanon in Japanese DCMK fandom is to depict Shinichi and Kaito as friends (in some post-Conan future). I can't believe they could possibly ever be friends if Shinichi knew Kid's identity and all the things he's done to him.

Attached: 1542817879138.jpg (1920x1040, 240K)

Is there a list somewhere of the reairings with the remasters? I really want to see the remasters

detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Rerun_and_Remastered_Episodes_list

>taste closed 3 soon

Attached: 1296516955456.jpg (600x400, 92K)

Did they make a 2nd one? Why do people even like the first? It's just obnoxious gansta realtalk speak, it's one of the newer most insufferable popular forms of comedy.

>I can't believe they could possibly ever be friends if Shinichi knew Kid's identity and all the things he's done to him.
???
Kid never did anything bad. He just plays around a lot. Also the tone of early Conan is very different from what we get now making Kid seem more dangerous than he really is.

It's been on the guy's patreon for like 3 years, I just watched the 2nd one and found out about it in the comments. Also that was fucking awful, again.
>that guy saying its better than the original dub
this is what fucking happens when you give america anything

Kid used to be more of a technique guy but now he's actually tased people and yet they act surprised when in some situations it seems like he's done something really bad, like Movie 19. If he's tasing people that's already not good. He fucking tased Conan who everyone thinks is a real 7 year old child.

>tasing Conan isn't anything bad
If we include the movies then he's copped a feel on Ran, kidnapped Conan and forced him to watch while he frolics with Ran as Shinichi, those are also bad things.

In his first case he disguised as Sonoko's dad and kissed his wife or at least she kissed him. Really his shtick is just a mess of bad things even though his intentions are seemingly in the right place, trying his best to find a jewel that needs to be kept in a good location away from some shady organization, if I remember his story right. Impersonating people is iffy but actively harming others is towing the line too much, like he doesn't kill but...come on.

I haven't watched the new movie what is his reason for doing so? He has got a Ran himself albeit she is missing the horn and is much cuter.

Pretty sure he's just fucking with Conan unless he needs to be close to Ran for plot purposes. If not he could have just disguised as Arthur Hirai's dad or older brother since he does need to stay with Conan during the case, which is why he brought him to Singapore.

I recently started reading the manga and I'm currently 7 volumes in. Will Conan's efforts continue to be disrupted by Rachel and Richard (Ran/Kogurou) or will they at some point allow him to do his thing/realize he contributes to the solutions? I don't mind the current situation with conan shooting tranquilizers and using the voice modulator (and also having to trick Rachel about his identity), but it kind of pisses me off when they don't let him stay near a clue or interrupts him when he's trying to figure something out.

I know it's a massive series so I'm sure it changes a bit over time, but I've also heard that the plot almost doesn't move at all. That's why I'm not sure what to expect.

>Rachel
>Richard

That's their names in the english manga, what am I supposed to do about it? and I wrote
>(Ran/Kogurou)

On Yea Forums it's good netiquette to use the original names even if the official release in your country uses different names.

For some reason Ran sometimes, but rarely, lets him do his thing, Kogoro on the other hand usually stays as he is. Another annoying thing is when Ran suspects him as Shinichi and lets him decipher clues and investigate but then when her belief in that goes away she goes back to treating him as a child who isn't smarter than he should be.

Yea Forums hates dubs of all kinds and name changes especially signal dub/localizations.

In regards to not being able to snoop, it will remain that way for Conan. Along with the sleeping dart.

Thanks for the answers, I guess I'll have to get used to it. Even now they at times allow him to do his thing and listens to his explanations, which is always a relief. Those situations can be funny, now that I know what to expect perhaps I can appreciate them a bit more rather than wait for a change in attitude.

Yeah I know, sorry. It was just easier for me to write it out this way because I've never watched the show so their real names were completely new to me, and any other readers of the english manga would also be more accustomed to the localized names. I even spelled Kogoro's name wrong. From now on I'll write their original names.

It took me awhile to stop putting Richard.

Never saw this before, but it made me think again about what Shinichi would sound like if he were an American boy. In Japanese his speech style in informal situations or internal monologues sounds a lot slangier and more foul-mouthed than how the US English dub or Viz manga localized him. His Case Closed dub actor sounded so calm and mild-mannered compared to his brash original self.

Maybe the series would have done better if he and the kids cursed more. I mean South Park is/was immensely popular at the time just on the kids cussing aspect alone. I'm pretty sure Genta has said damn before. Conan in Case Closed only cursed like 3 times. 2 I remember are when he's trying to get into his house in the second episode and the other was in Last Wizard during one of the night chase scenes, I think when Heiji showed up on the motorcycle after Conan hit a dead end.

I wish the user last thread answered questions about the movie, I don't want to wait months just to see how bad this could turn out.

Attached: why does he have to suffer.jpg (355x588, 54K)

>I've never watched the show
What the hell are you waiting for, user? If you don't start now, you'll never get the full experience.

Attached: sex-usotsuki-detective-conan-331-giwaku-no-karakuchi-curry-zempen-v2-r2-raw-d5efc19d-pres-MultiLoad. (640x480, 387K)

Are you saying the show is superior to the manga? I'm sure there are many who would contest that. I still want to watch the original movies but I think I'll stick to the manga rather than its adaptation. Not only is there a lot of filler (and honestly a bit too many episodes to commit to), but I enjoy that I can choose the pace for myself when reading. Maybe it's stupid of me to assume this when I haven't experienced the show but I just think I would find the episodes too slow paced.

You should at least watch the adapted canon cases. The voice acting is excellent and worth watching for that alone. The music is great for the first few hundred episodes, and the cel-animated era includes a lot of episodes with attractive character designs and backgrounds depending on animation director, and look beautiful when remastered.
The fillers vary a lot in quality but can be safely skipped if you're primarily a manga reader.

Alright you've convinced me to give it a chance. Next time I'm in the mood I'll watch an episode instead of reading it and we'll see how I feel about it.

In general I'm primarily an anime watcher, the difference here is that my main interest in the series is the actual mysteries and the solving of them. The manga (from what I can tell) is more highly concentrated in that aspect. So if I'm in the mood for solving mysteries I would enjoy the time spent on it more, because there are no timers that doesn't let me continue unless I stare at an establishing/background shot for 5 seconds or whatever. You know what I mean? I can go through the manga at a pace where I read quicker when I can easily grab and digest it, and I can slow down whenever something intriguing occurs. In anime there's a lot of small uninteresting moments that linger. Usually I don't mind that but that's because in most anime I like a lot of different aspects (for example in action anime the animation itself enhances the action part - it provides something that the manga can't). In Conan I feel it's all about the mysteries, and having sounds or colorful moving visuals don't enhance the actual mysteries. They certainly enhance the show in other ways, but my enjoyment is 95% the structures, set-ups and resolutions of well-crafted mysteries.

However, as I said, I will give it a chance.

I can't really say it's superior, I prefer it more but the manga is the direct source that absolutely knows what it wants to do and the anime is a secondhand thing that follows it, giving it chances to not fully know what to plan for in the beginning, so things trimmed down for time or to focus on other things might be changed unknowingly, like a "see you again some other time, detective" being changed to "we'll meet again, i'm sure" might accidentally cut out some 4D chess foreshadowing that that character shouldn't have called him a detective without knowing something about him prior.

But like the other user said, you're missing out on too much to just not ever watch the anime. Scenes are much cuter when you hear Conan actually speak, to name something else. You can watch the Case Closed dub if you want but I think since you have a choice going into it, to save it for after you watch the sub. The transition will already be hard enough since you read the Viz translation with the American names. I watched the dub first and then went to subs and I don't think I've seen every Case Closed episode in sub form yet. It also has a few errors like Heiji implying he knew Conan was Shinichi and who Gin and Vodka are in his first appearance for some reason but the dub never makes it that far to actually suffer from these things, though they'd likely just pretend they never happened, they did when Heiji actually figured out who Conan is.

The art style changes after the first little while, some are put off by the softness at the very start during those first few episodes.

Attached: mantendo.png (640x480, 460K)

The anime does adapt cases better due to time. They can expand on things easier.

If I would go into the anime I'd definitely watch it subbed, I don't think I'd mind the namechanges or have much trouble with it. Thanks for the response, I'm sure the anime has a lot to offer as well. I'm curious what your opinion is about what I've written here: Because that's my reasoning for reading the manga, but I'm not sure that that reason is enough to forego what the anime can provide.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

>In Conan I feel it's all about the mysteries
Now that you've said that, maybe you should give the fillers a try. There are some pretty good ones on par with manga cases in quality. Also, since they don't have a manga counterpart you won't know the ending unlike when watching canon cases.
Unlike you I watch for the characters first, followed by aesthetics; the mysteries aren't my highest priority. I'm not a big fan of Japanese-style mystery writing because they often like sticking to old-fashioned formulas. DC has lovable characters so I don't care if it feels like I've seen the mysteries done before. But they do switch things up and have more cases that don't involve the sleeping dart and bowtie later on, and that helps keep it fresh.

>maybe you should give the fillers a try
Yes, even if I continue with the manga and watch all the movies I might go back and watch some filler episodes from time to time if I get in the mood. Considering I still haven't read/watched through the canon material yet though I'm still going to make the decision based on that material rather than see the fillers as another reason for watching the show.
>I don't care if it feels like I've seen the mysteries done before
Unfortunately that's not the case for me, it kind of ruins it despite the lovable characters. I think this is evidence of our different preferences and why the manga seems more appealing to me.

how have you not read canon material

I have, but I haven't read through it all. I'm 7 volumes in. The reason this discussion about anime vs manga was brought up is because one user suggested I switch over to the anime for a better experience, so now I'm considering it by discussing why I might/might not prefer the manga or the anime.

Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

no i misunderstood, but the greatness of the anime's soundtrack cannot be understated, they nailed the jazz

I think you'd enjoy the anime, then. They can pace the mysteries better so it isn't just Conan going from one clue to the next between pages, there's more time to hear foreshadowing and extra dialogue hints from the culprit lineup and stuff. I think this helps especially in shorter/weaker canon cases (weaker used loosely) where more time could help.

It sucks that you're not into the characters enough to enjoy scenes solely focusing on them doing things, but I get it. Does that also mean you don't enjoy the simpler cases that are more character based? Like I think there are some in the beginning without crimes but I can't remember what they are right off. Technically no crime was committed in the Ayumi Kidnapping Case. It wasn't really a mystery focused one either, just a long chase sequence. There might be better examples of what I mean though since I've heard some don't like that one but do similar ones.

Attached: feel your heart cover.jpg (318x541, 86K)

I don't get the point of watching/reading DC solely for the mysteries when there are so many other great things about the series.
I wish everyone could love Conan.

Attached: 1556966969198.jpg (960x720, 108K)

They at least seem to like the characters in this instance, I'm actually surprised to see someone in these threads in it for the episodic mysteries, especially since their solution is incredibly quirky and specific. Most seem to enjoy it for the characters and enjoy the mysteries in a casual sense as they come and go.

Also man that episode's Conan. Always going to be a favorite.

Attached: Detective Conan 042 [APTX4869-Demux].jpg (960x720, 44K)

Alright that actually sounds pretty good, I'm more open to the anime now so I'm glad this got brought up.

I mean I can still enjoy the character scenes, and I have been enjoying them in the manga. My hesitation regarding the anime though is that I can't change the pace of it like when I read, so perhaps I'll feel that some parts goes on for too long and I just want it to get to something more interesting a bit quicker. I have a bit of a weird relationship with Conan that I don't usually have with anime. It's not that I don't enjoy non-mystery parts or scenes, it's that I love the mysteries so much that it overshadows everything else.
>Does that also mean you don't enjoy the simpler cases that are more character based?
No I still enjoy them, maybe just not as much. I guess it depends. At this point though I feel like I've started to speculate more and more about the anime when really I should just dive in and give it a chance so I actually get a clear picture of if I like it, or exactly why I don't like it. Thanks for the responses, you and everyone else have been very helpful.

It might be because I'm still somewhat new to the series, maybe I'll grow to love the characters even more (I do like them) and perhaps my interest in the mysteries will gradually decrease in comparison to everything else DC has to offer. It's a massive series so I'm sure that most people in this thread have very different perspectives if they've actually read/watched through most of it.

is it too early for this? the reason we all wake up in the morning?

Attached: STOP AROUSING ME.png (446x441, 224K)

I just came across this New Year's card illustration from 2002 and it's so pretty. I like how grown up Shinichi and Ran look here.

Attached: 1540046673175.jpg (400x573, 88K)

Nice find, I love exclusive art.

Attached: Conan -truth-.jpg (700x447, 103K)

Are Conan's boners the reason you wake up in the morning? That makes two of us user.

Attached: 1553509391084.jpg (640x480, 51K)

I guess you can't have ConAi sexual situations without involving Conan's magnum dong so I guess so.

Attached: it happens currently.png (280x567, 133K)

I wonder how big Shinichi's dick is. I bet it's bigger than average. He can't have such cocksure swagger with a small one.

Attached: 1528535554874.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

It's been extended after prolonged exposure to being filled up down there over his normal teenage years and then 25+ years of one year as a child. He can't use the entire thing on Ran.

Attached: clothing removal service.png (289x523, 146K)

Attached: ran shipping.png (1116x1600, 783K)

with this pace I'd give 6-8 years from now

With Ran is kinda happened pretty fast.right at the end of the school trip arc.

Same with the boss reveal, there was zero buildup for that time.

>He can't use the entire thing on Ran.
He'll damn well try to get it all in there, no matter how much fishing line it takes.

Attached: 1535660960041.jpg (2450x7057, 1.41M)

>fishing line

do you mean he's going to use the sealed womb trick

Attached: sealed room trick.webm (500x375, 2.91M)

Shinichi need leave Ran to Kid and start dating Haibara

Shinichi won't let anyone take away his girl. Why don't you date Haibara yourself if you like her so much.

Attached: 1530940886665.jpg (640x955, 210K)

I prefer Sonoko, but if i were shrunk down with poison, i would date Haibara.

Attached: 1552213927107.jpg (368x519, 54K)

Yikes

This is a strange kind of lemon pie, it looks more like a tart.

Attached: 1551241400198.jpg (960x720, 76K)

>Lemon pie is the same shape as his face

Many of the early episodes had that style of pie slice faces. It didn't look so bad on the guys but wasn't the most flattering on the girls.

Attached: 1539735679572.jpg (960x720, 115K)

To be fair Takagi and Sato help him out.

When did Ran start having it?

Truly it was meant for him.

>the live version actually sounds better than the original form audio
youtube.com/watch?v=3j9vrTsLqyA
youtube.com/watch?v=2ShlZskzbHI&feature=youtu.be

It sucks, I kinda like the song at specific parts (where it picks up) but the full version doesn't sound as good as that short one even in the same place.

Attached: important.jpg (736x1091, 203K)

Attached: night baron.jpg (960x1482, 313K)

Sometime next year.

I've never heard of them doing it, but have they released any Conan movies in theaters in 3D?

he's karasuma

We would have seen him again.

So, what's the reading/viewing order of this shit?

beginning to current

good I can follow that

Is it true that author said in tv interview that series has like only 4 more volumes to go?

God I want to date Haibara

It better not be.

I would drink Bershnov with this fine young lady.

Attached: 5dsarnvrmyz21.jpg (905x1280, 151K)

Where did you hear that? Maybe the "4 more volumes" number came from wanting the series to end around the 100 volume mark, but that could have been something he said a long time ago. No one knew the series was going to last this long 15-20 years ago.
I hope the series will take its time to end, but it is really common for manga to rush the endings. With as many hiatuses as Gosho takes these days, it takes longer for him to put out the same number of chapters than he could in his prime, so there might be more pressure on him to make steady progress towards the end than there used to be.
If he does end it soon, I won't mind as long as he makes a sequel with Shinichi and the rest of the adult characters. It can be a short series, but I just want to see them in their adult lives post-Conan. A long series like DC really needs a decent afterstory for readers to say goodbye to the characters.

Attached: 1533425497906.jpg (1243x1394, 1.4M)

Either way I'm gonna feel shitty once its all done.

She's not as open as she used to be.

Attached: boobs.png (597x901, 466K)

Gosho hasn't had a main character shot in the longest. He should write another one before this series wraps up someday.

Attached: p.txt.jpg (1066x1600, 433K)

Wasn't that the only time?

It needs to be Ran. I don't know why he's so reluctant to have her hurt. Maybe he loves her too much to let anything bad happen to her.
The worst state she's been in physically was when she got a bad fever and collapsed in the Chinatown case, but that was a long time ago. She almost never even gets injured whenever she's in a physical fight.
Meanwhile, Conan gets colds/flus constantly, way more than any other character. I want to see Ran to get sick more too at least.

Attached: 1554218527406.jpg (640x480, 54K)

Is that the first Kaito Kid episode?

Yea

Attached: censor.png (844x846, 941K)

Attached: Detective Conan - 176-178 Remastered [Puto][720p].jpg (960x720, 217K)

The tendency was always there in Masatomo Sudo's character designs from the beginning, but starting from the end of the 2nd season going on a couple seasons afterwards the girls' faces lost roundness in the cheeks and looked more triangular. Some of the other animation directors followed suit, like Hiromi Muranaka and one or two others I can't remember.

Attached: 1537464379112.jpg (640x480, 43K)

24 better not fuck with him and 25 better be his reward for all these bangless years. I don't know what they can do but he deserves something great.

Attached: arrival.png (960x720, 868K)

At the very least he needs to get a real kiss from Ran on the mouth, preferably with tongue, to make up for what happened this time.
Also the next time Kid shows up Conan needs to BTFO him as payback for all the times he's been humiliated by him. Up until now their interactions have been way too one-sided, with Kid assaulting Conan and stealing his gf, while the most Conan has done is spoil his plans to steal things. Conan should publicly destroy him.

Attached: 1547247956192.jpg (960x720, 110K)

If the series ends without him finding out Kid's identity that'd suck. He needs to get one over on him where he finds out who he is out of costume and Kid has to bargain while Conan is smug. Conan of course keeping it professional in the end and sticking to catching him during a heist.

Because while technically breaking and entering, and occasionally stunning someone, everyone in-universe seems to focus more on the thief part, and he always returns what he steals, so the point is to catch him during that.

Why the censorship?

Damn she was weird in that one.

Who fucking knows, Conan has gone through some pretty dumb shit with Japan standards. The anime started bending to black blood instead of noticeably red, there's that shading thing which couldn't have been used in a worse situation, the light source is RIGHT THERE, and they cut stuff off the remasters that are too gory. They kept the scene in the first episode remaster where the head falls beside the kids but they removed the head from the scene, and then cut the shots of the incident. Which is weird because iirc the remake of episode 1 redid the light beam burst with real blood anyway.

>He needs to get one over on him where he finds out who he is out of costume and Kid has to bargain while Conan is smug.
That's a good idea. My hope was for Conan to humiliate Kid somehow when he's trying to pull off a heist in front of a crowd. If he could get the crowd to laugh at Kid and hurt his cool image somehow then Kid might feel 1/10 of the displeasure he's caused Conan.
>Conan of course keeping it professional in the end and sticking to catching him during a heist.
Conan is all too earnest like that. When it comes to bastards like Kid I wish he'd play dirty.

Attached: 1534243391805.jpg (640x480, 48K)

i get all my updates about this series on here. thank you.

You should actually read it sometime too.

Yea the whole perfectionist angle wears thin after awhile, I think they save him fucking up for comedic getaways where he might stumble or Conan might knock something into him but he still gets away and no one really pays any attention to it. I get they're established as enemies in-universe but the name Kid Killer for Conan seems a bit much when Kaito always fucking gets passed every initial barricade and if anything Conan "scares him away" at the end.

It'd be nice if during the initial heist Conan actually fucked up his cool plan. I feel like now that we're at where we are in the story and Aoyama hit his big 1,000, he's being more open to developments and doing things a bit differently and kind of towing the line of status quo. Like Yusaku and Yukiko are staying in Japan now, though they don't have much bearing on day to day events yet. I could totally see Conan one-upping Kaito these days, even if only rarely.

I assume you know who the boss of the organization is at this point but if you don't maybe read the whole arc regarding that around chapter 1000.

How many pages does Conan have per chapter? Is it strict since its in a magazine or is there just a rough guideline for publishing, like 10-15 pages.

i'll wait until its finished
i actually don't know and i haven't watched conan in almost a decade but last i remember was that this new kid (at the time) who was onto conan's identity. he was the brother of this chick who i think worked in the black organization or was maybe a double agent. her whereabouts were unknown. i can't remember anymore than that.

Christ you gave me a headache, you just described like 2 or 3 characters as one person holy fuck.

Attached: ah re re.png (654x367, 225K)

the new kid had glasses and was a teenager. he appears right after the case that involved his sister. i hope that clears up.

Oooh, Eisuke, the girly boy. You were right, I thought you meant Heiji and then I thought you meant Haibara and then it seemed like you misremembered Haibara.

yea man thanks. i was trying to find his name without spoiling myself too much. but thats him.

Yea, I could give you some kind of trivia on how his character ended up but it'd be a loose spoiler. I personally didn't have a big interest in him specifically but the arc was good. Mostly unrelated but one episode in that arc ended with a halfway point message since it was the 500th episode so I'm wondering what awaits at episode 1,000.

Unfortunately they won't be adapting the boss reveal arc on key with the manga chapter numbers so maybe something else will be adapted at that time. Though I'm glad filler hell is ending soon. That was fucking months, I almost thought they were going to pad everything out just to give the boss the big 1,000. That'd have been fucked but we do get remasters here and there.

Attached: midpoint.jpg (782x880, 226K)

It's 18 pages from what I can tell. Maybe there's a slight variation but I just checked a few and they were all 18. Standard is 180 pages per volume with 10 chapters. But I've seen 9-11 chapters sometimes so perhaps the page count either for the chapters or the volumes are different.

>I've seen 9-11
Thanks I almost went one day without seeing 9 11. Also a real thanks for checking and answering.

Sometimes I accidentally click on a fandub video on youtube and it pains me, then I wonder if normal, what I perceive as average dubs pain Yea Forums as much as these fandubs do me, and then that makes me wonder just how much pain fandubs cause them.
youtube.com/watch?v=1L9bCrG_Sqc

Also some dumbass decided to put this guy's fandubbed episodes on watchcartoonsonline under the Case Closed episodes and I saw one past where that dub actually stopped and checked it out, the first thing I was assaulted with was hearing "Ran" as "Ron" in this guy's monotone not giving a shit narration over the opening. "what about ron" my fucking ass.

I know I'm being hard on these guys but come the fuck on, how is their reception so big? They have so many fans and likes on their social media. I get it, its the dub we never had, that's noble, but give a little quality guys. Hearing this all I can do is expect Bang Zoom to give Conan the dumbest fucking woman voice anime dubs have ever gotten. It blows my faith. I hear abridged dubs better acted than this, though I don't actively advise anyone to watch them.

I admit, maybe I just saw two really lack luster takes on an ambitious project, but that's just being nice. I do appreciate the interest in Americans for Conan when it happens.

Attached: bangzoom post.jpg (1076x1438, 441K)

The guy who does the dub made some good recap videos/reviews for the first two arcs of Conan. Shame they got taken down for using clips from the anime.

Well I'd at least want to see those. I don't ever watch fan videos if I can help it though, but at least they seem to want to give Conan a fair shake.

That girl really hams it up. That delivery on "why are you doing this" sounds like she's playing around with a friend and exaggerating her volume for humorous effect.

Attached: original.gif (500x375, 1019K)

It likely had nothing to do with her and more on the guy behind the dub but she also says "amudo" and that kind of literal japanese way dubbing always bothers me, it happens in random officially licensed dubs too despite those companies kinda going back and forth on if they want to do it between IPs. I really hope that's not the case for the Bang Zoom dub which is already a clusterfuck of what ifs.

Attached: still cute.png (1335x587, 1017K)

Speaking of ifs, this is what the logo might look like if they don't keep the Case Closed moniker for Zero.

Attached: el caso zero.png (837x362, 368K)

>dumbest fucking woman voice
That's my problem with the official Case Closed dub actress for Conan. Her voice sounds too high-pitched and girlish for me to buy her as Conan, compared to Minami who sounds genuinely boyish even when she's not doing her "adult Conan" voice.

>zeros enforcer

What about her deep serious voice later in the run?

I haven't watched English dubbed DC past the first season. I just know that when I close my eyes and listen to her, I can only envision that voice coming out of a girl.

I guess I know what you mean, I warmed up to it eventually but the way her voice was with the earliest art styles made it seem much more childish than it was intended to be, especially outside of the scenes where Conan was deliberately being cutesy for everyone. I think over time it got better. I can't remember the movie but in one of them she did a pretty good tone. The actor I had the most problem with was Genta's two VAs, they really overdid the cartoony fat guy shtick and the last one sounded so incredibly fucking fake that it made sitting through his scenes in the final dub episode kind of annoying.

Still expect Alison to be a better Conan than whoever Bang Zoom could pick, I don't want him sounding like that gruff Naruto girl VA or Gon.

Attached: 135.jpg (625x480, 60K)

What's the worst/most boring arc? Is there one or is it just a least great kinda thing.

Attached: kudo.png (960x720, 773K)

Attached: original.gif (500x369, 1022K)

bourbon's

Is this the most fanservice Conan ever got?
It's funny how in a series known for its cute boys and dominated by fujos and shotacons, the male characters hardly get any fanservice scenes, unlike plenty of other shounen manga.

Attached: 1558493241834.jpg (853x480, 63K)

I don't know, but it has been nice enjoying the series with a limit on the fanservice. Shame that what we do get gets changed here and there when adapted like the Sera thing or Ran knocking down that door iirc.

Oh yea I forgot he had an arc. It even took awhile. I was thinking older stuff like Kir and Vermouth and forgot we did have that recent one. It's weird to have a character who would be better if he just flirted with girls a few times and not in a my perfect charm way where its an indirect flirt. He also needs faults and I can't think of any.

I wonder if Gosho had any idea he was going to awaken shota complexes in countless women across Japan with the creation of Conan. Conan's sexiness is criminal; putting the charisma of a teenage chad in a little boy package is almost something that shouldn't exist.
But I'm glad DC doesn't treat its male characters with the fujo gaze as much as a lot of Jump series do. I just wish merchandise like pic related didn't exist.

Attached: 1549903118558.jpg (2000x1414, 1.08M)

Kir's arc's finale started and ended beatifully, clash of red and black are exceeding my expectation. Ver's arc is the best because it's constant high quality throughout the arc and her nature, it makes me keep guessing "which one is ver?" and jodie is a really good red herring. Bourbon's, well, there are some good cases there, even his intro case is really good. But in comparison with kir's and ver's arc, bourbon's arc is too far fetched and ended in not as good as past arcs. It was good, but not great enough for Conan's standard.

That image makes no sense.

It's part of a whole series of illustrations with Conan hanging out with Amuro and Akai for no reason. I guess it has something to do with how Akai x Amuro x Conan/Shinichi threesome material is popular among fujos.

Attached: 1532731462167.jpg (1680x1227, 1.06M)

maybe its an actor behind the scenes gimmick like the new years things at the beginning of every year

Maybe I'd believe that if they chose situations with less skinship. But I don't like the suggestive looks in the eyes of the adults in , and Conan is acting out of character in pic related.
It's pretty obvious what they're trying to get at with illustrations like these.

Attached: 1548127271187.jpg (1680x1230, 1.11M)

Damn there is no fluff on that Conan. We've talked about it before but these really highlight it. Also these images would be cool if it weren't those two characters with Conan. Like I could see these as a Kogoro and Ran thing except maybe Conan drinking unless its apple juice with ice.

Yeah, it would be fine if it were Conan with Kogoro with Ran. Those three are like family so they're comfortable enough to be physically close like that. But with Amuro and Akai? I doubt it. I don't think Conan would happily ride on Amuro's shoulders like that either. On Ran's he might.

Kinda weird that they didn't add nipples in this, what are the rules on male nipples in family anime? It shouldn't be a bad thing but no Conan stuff ever has it at any time so maybe its an Aoyama thing.

These days anime in general is squeamish about adding in nipples, I've seen people complain about nipples getting left out in fan service scenes in other shows too.

I think Black Clover did it with Asta because that shirtless image of him used a lot didn't have any if I remember correctly.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-05-21/man-shoplifts-80-detective-conan-manga-volumes/.146959

I miss the days when DC promo illustrations looked like this.
What an adorable innocent boy.

Attached: 1539849390852.jpg (500x408, 35K)

That was a good style, I wonder what the context is.

I couldn't find a bigger version of it to find the context, but it looks like one of those illustrations from anime magazines like Animedia or Animage from features where a character has won a popularity poll. That's going by the crown on Conan's head and the kiss Ran is giving him. The style looks very early Conan, 1996-7, my favorite era.
I collect anime magazines from that time so I hope I come across the original one day.

That's pretty neat. That era was really good but I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Attached: edogawa.png (640x480, 412K)

odawara does some good rans

Attached: conantrip.png (799x1136, 1.66M)

Do you mean Ogawara? I don't think he did good anybody. The wall-eyed look isn't that flattering even on a cute girl.

Attached: 1528545912398.jpg (640x480, 44K)

didn't realize that name was so similar, i mean an artist i found rans by on gelbooru, those episodes looked weak

OK, I found the ones you mean. She does look hot, but I wish he'd do some of her fucking Conan or Shinichi instead of only NTR.

I have read about it on MAL.

Has anyone uploaded the part where Kaito is shirtless and injured?

Haven't seen any, do you mean those separate scenes in the trailer or is there one scene with both circumstances?

No this is a different scene where Kaito is injured and is thus shirtless to clean himself up.

It’s different from the Kaito disguised as Shinichi in the pool scene.

There’s this too, plus the time Agasa was examining his naked butt.

Attached: 69A5CE1F-800B-499C-9E48-B69EC53259C7.jpg (502x1024, 79K)

Yea I don't think I've seen this one yet.

Fuck I don’t want to wait an entire year.

Isn't it at the end of this one?

I sure hope so

wow and it only took like 20 years

maybe in another 2000 years they might hold hands

dang they havent held hands yet have they

Oh HERE'S the Conan thread.

15 years ago today

>be me
>watch all of it on adult swim in 2004
>fall in love with DC
>wait for new episodes
>they never came
>the show disappeared

Why did America reject this show so badly?

Attached: Adult Swim - Case Closed Long Promo (1080p HD).720p.mp4_snapshot_00.58_[2019.05.23_14.08.43].jpg (1280x720, 357K)

Too many reasons, it airing so late is a big one.

Reminder, next movie is an akai movie, next chapter is an akai chapter.

Damn, Mitsuhiko is tall for a 6-year old.

It kinda sucks the last episodes to premiere in america was the ones that started to change the series from its earliest iteration (the one adult swim viewers hated) and the last episode released in America (in English at least) was one that absolutely could not be comprehended by anyone watching despite being a really good case.

The current last english movie finished the cel era of the films so at least that worked out.

On your topic, someone was selling a home recording of Adult Swim a little while ago and it had a Conan episode on it (Conan is Kidnapped). I talked to the person selling it since it was a bid and with many other tapes in regards to buying it at the time separately, and they agreed. Unfortunately the offer of transferring it and selling that copy for 10 dollars less came up and I went for it. They never got around to transferring the tape, the bid ended, and someone else bought it. I was hoping it'd end up on myspleen but it likely went to some collector who doesn't know anything about the site nor was interested in Conan since many other things were in the bundle, and not many people care about CC.

For now the only recording of Conan on [as] is the first part of Richard's Class Reunion and I think it was during the brief time the series reran. I was hoping to find a premiere copy of an episode since sometimes it would seem [as] aired Conan related bumpers and tags. That episode is on myspleen.

Attached: conan-adult swim.jpg (1600x976, 313K)

This is the other image.

Attached: conan-adult swim-2.jpg (1600x1070, 364K)

If you mean the weather lady case I remember the mixtape video link posted before. That was fucking awful, how did they not realize it was unwatchable?

I think it was dubbed in 2004 and released years later, so they probably forgot it needed the edited video to be watched and just tossed all the episodes on the DVD without paying attention. If the series had a bigger fanbase here I'm sure some would have complained about all the issues the DVDs had and maybe a reissuing could have been done. I still hate they cut out an entire epilogue scene and now that scene just doesn't have a dub, and we never knew if it was an accident or not.

It's just sad how this show went in America. Say what you want about the changes but even the people who had no choice but to watch the dub were given low quality releases. That glitchy opening I posted back then too was fucking embarrassing, I don't know how that got by at all because it was an issue as they edited it back then, not a later release overlooking audio changes. Cut next hints, cut previews, etc. were also annoying.

Seriously fucking Funimation and their DVD releases.

Attached: conan.png (675x509, 466K)

A little boy falls in love with a big girl.

Unable to confess, the littlest detective is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush and is fully grown.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DETECTIVES.

Attached: 1471547303729.png (750x750, 312K)

FINDS

Attached: 1505532661699.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Attached: KOI.png (630x480, 328K)

Who keeps a picture of someone underneath a band-aid?

Attached: output.jpg (641x436, 46K)

>implying that Keit-ai isn't canon in D.C.

Attached: 1481706367371.png (200x200, 13K)

>yeah, suck my internal fluids bitch

Fuck off.

Attached: 1547197727469.png (805x601, 770K)

Is this one of those vector generator filters? I see these kinds of images so often but they lose the original charm of the art.

HAIR

This is dumber than the shinichi love bandaid in the sky ship movie.

Remember that time Ran took her shirt off in public?

Attached: kazuha ran.png (969x1600, 1.39M)

I sea tel?

What was that thing with Kogoro being chained to the couch and he was there so long he had to use the bathroom on it? My memory might be wrong but wasn't it something Eri did and they treated the situation like he was dumb?

Attached: 1525913726348.jpg (832x624, 59K)

They already did in the very first chapter.
Since they're childhood friends, they're probably used to a higher baseline amount of casual skinship than the average couple that just started dating.

Attached: 1540721154986.jpg (640x480, 36K)

cute

Heiji is better than Amuro, I wish the women of Japan could get some taste.

In the new issue of Shounen Sunday Super, the furoku comes with some clear bookmarks that are styled like film strips with frames from the new movie. The dialogue snippets on the sides of the strips from the right to left say (just a tentative translation given that I haven't seen the movie and don't know the context of most of the scenes):
>Ran: "What's your name, little boy? ...Wait, this kid..." Conan: "Uhh... Arthur! My name's Arthur Hirai!"
>Makoto: "Now this time, please, never leave my side!" Sonoko: (...You know, in this state I couldn't leave your side even if I wanted to...)
>Kid: "Guess what's inside, master detective! What's inside that mysterious fist ...called murder!"
>Makoto: "Whooooooooooooooooa! Take that!"
>Ran: "I'm back! Were you lonely?" Conan: (Dummy... We were together the whole time!)
>Sonoko: (Whaddaya know... I thought I was the one always being protected... But it turns out I was protecting Makoto-san, too...)

Attached: 1530015283570.jpg (2963x1792, 1.44M)

Gin best villain

Maybe I should have left "baaro" as is, no translation can adequately capture the cuteness of that word as Conan/Shinichi uses it.

Isn't Ran a little too flatchested in her first frame when she's coming back to Japan? What if that's Kid disguised as her, coming back to torment Conan some more?

This still doesn't answer my curiosity about what the Kid scene means where he sticks out his hand like that in the trailer.

I thought he was going to take Conan hang gliding with him over Singapore or something.

I thought that was after he saves him from falling.

So is he back to being an adult yet?

Just occasionally.

This is still a great scene. His face when she opens the door is priceless but he makes no attempt to cover himself.

Attached: 1440639261308.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

Attached: Meitantei.Conan.full.1490769.jpg (2450x1750, 989K)

Will we get a Conan birthday story? Ran has to have asked.

It comes up in the 3rd movie but I don't know if that can be considered a canonical setting. In the manga I don't think anyone has mentioned his birthday yet. If it comes up Conan ought to come up with a different date than he did in that movie.

Attached: time to commit another crime.gif (400x250, 1.49M)

These new figures are cute. If they come out with a good Shinichi one I'll buy it.
tamashii.jp/special/conan/

Attached: 1543933053991.jpg (1200x1712, 567K)

It's not that chibi stuff so I agree it looks great.

These are cute.

Attached: p_04.png (503x892, 107K)

I know its been exhausted to death but I still find this image interesting. It captures a bunch of styles.

Attached: 1444254056174.jpg (914x514, 285K)

I don't like 2001 and 2003.

>It captures a bunch of styles.
Not really enough of them, there were several different animation directors each year with markedly varied styles, and even a given artist would go through several eras of personal styles over the years of working on the show.
Plus it needs a panel of the current rhino horn design for comparison purposes.

They're lucky the BO is half moles or else the Detective Boys would have gotten Haibara killed twice over in this case. Getting too deeply involved with those kids was probably a mistake, for both Conan and Haibara's and for those kids' own safety.

Attached: 1545805812550.png (834x1200, 361K)

Damn thats true

Or you could get something objectively nicer

Attached: thief.jpg (1100x1100, 294K)

Please tell me the other characters have statues

Attached: 9172dd3891e555536262d78cdcc07bd9.jpg (677x1000, 134K)

Are the fillers worth-watching? I am on like ep 72 and I have been watching them so far but it's still way too much.

They're good until like the digital seasons start looking like the current style. Skip em and come back to em after you catch up so you get to go back and watch "new" classic episodes later.

Attached: conan haibara.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Hasn't detective conan been going on for a couple decades? Why's he still a little kid?

If you use your head you might figure it out.

but my head is empty and full of cobwebs

Tough break there, Genta.

I'd be shit out of luck for something to be invested in right now if Conan didn't exist. Every time I get into something it ends within 3 years though. I hope I don't doom the series to yet another immediate wrap up.

Whens the last time the guy got to bathe with Ran? He's really getting the short end of the stick these days.

Attached: 1539107382189.png (1050x982, 1.23M)

What can they even do for Movie 25 different from the norm? It still has to have action.

OTP
I wish.

Attached: mitsuai.png (639x359, 303K)

This is literally the only ending I accept for Ai since she wont get with Conan.

That guy's edit of the Dimensional Sniper opening is distracting as fuck because you can see the bullet vanish.

I almost forgot my life depends on smug Conans.

Attached: Detective Conan - Movie 16.jpg (1920x1080, 889K)

Attached: detective-conan-3792495.jpg (296x448, 76K)

Speaking of movies that fucking faggot who was shooting at and kicking Conan in the 15th movie really pissed me off. What a dick. Seriously one of the biggest assholes in the franchise just because of this. Who does that.

Attached: quarter.png (678x482, 458K)

When did the lower right happen?
At first they only depicted him wearing glasses in the bath with Ran so I assumed he didn't get to see much of her naked body because of the steam. If he started taking his glasses off then that changes things.

Pretty sure that's fanart.

That makes sense then. Conan is too much of a gentleman to take off his glasses in the bath and fully unveil his view of Ran's body without her knowledge of his identity. He's just that pure.

Attached: 1539545058064.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Has anyone seen a Conan film in theaters outside of Japan? I was wondering if all theater screenings keep the next movie teasers at the end.

I asked my friend who saw the first movie in a theater in Hong Kong, and he said they didn't include the teaser.

That's lame but I guess that's because only the Japan releases are guaranteed.

That is, if the movies back then had teasers. I can't find any for the cel era online. I still doubt they would be used elsewhere though.

Probably, since he said the first one was the only one ever shown in theaters in HK.

They got the coziest film in theaters, good for them.

>My buildings are a little asymmetrical.
>Better blow up the whole city.

Yea he was pretty cool. I'd have an asymmetrical beer with him.

I really wanna hear about the dub situation, they can't just tease stuff like that and leave us hanging for months.

Were people in Japan pissed about the false advertising in Raven Chaser trailers?

I love smug Conan and sarcastic Conan. When he makes that half-moon-eyed face, he comes closest to resembling Shinichi.

Attached: 1534928323972.jpg (640x480, 42K)

>false advertising in Raven Chaser trailers
What happened? I saw RC like 10 years ago, don't remember anything like that

The trailers used footage from Conan's cold open nightmare as if it was part of the plot. Not only that but there's one that edits in Gin raising a gun to Conan's head and that didn't even happen. In general they made it out to be like Gin knew Conan's secret.

Attached: crossroad.jpg (1562x1006, 722K)

I just recently watched the first movie, I thought it was great, except for one part, now, I was under some intoxication but I didn't quite follow why the architect kept on bombing things even though he already failed to bomb all of them? Wouldn't he need to get rid of all his past works to reimagine city as wholly symmetrical? Why bother if he's been foiled already?

Is this fanservice if its barley any stomach?

>spoiler
That sounds really disgusting but nice pun user.

It still counts since it's not like there's a legitimate reason for him to be posing like that.

Attached: 1530159774055.jpg (800x800, 49K)

A little boy falls in love with a big girl.

Unable to confess, the littlest detective is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush and is fully grown.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DETECTIVES.

Attached: images.jpg (269x187, 11K)

MODS CAN'T STOP IT

Attached: 1531184350648.jpg (610x691, 64K)

I miss when she acted flirty, naive, and spoke engrish. Whenever she said cool kid it made me diamonds it was so sexycute.

Attached: jodie.png (833x1063, 1.29M)

There's Zero the Enforcer, Zero's Executioner, and now Zero's Enforcer.

Already a thing.

If Conan were contacting an AU version of Ran, would he FIND A WAY to get her back?

Attached: 1445599875685.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

When? I want to know if its a legit thing.

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

Attached: 1510536859566.jpg (500x581, 36K)

anons please

Attached: gun.png (640x480, 391K)

Attached: xkeitai.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iFf2_2JfbB.jpg (400x424, 38K)

snow conan

Attached: so cute.png (533x400, 326K)

I want to have relations with Kazuha. She has to wear the bow to bed.

Attached: kazuha heiji.jpg (1920x1080, 1.27M)

There's no way you could compete with Heiji's third leg.

Attached: ayumi mitsuhiko.jpg (640x479, 70K)

This is now Amuro thread. Post brown boy.

Attached: D7VqKDAU0AE2u3-.jpg (432x678, 39K)

Attached: D7KqzLFU0AA5ajx.jpg (680x613, 69K)

He's like a bad joke.

Attached: conan spanked.webm (832x624, 309K)

That must be the weirdest feeling at his actual age.

Attached: beach op.jpg (853x480, 148K)

Do they upload the movie teaser in HD later?

Damn, Kogoro is just pounding Conan's ass.

>we're going into filler again after the maria-chan case

Attached: 52.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Attached: 15.jpg (1695x1270, 522K)

>wont hit a woman even if shes whooping your ass just because of the stigma about hitting a woman being bad no matter what
>proceeds to get tossed around the deck
>after saying he wont hit women, she makes a sly remark that its sexist
and in the end all he did was that judo thing from the reunion case to her, it'd have been more satisfying in this case if he wasnt a gentlemen the entire time he was getting punched and kicked at

Attached: depths.png (1033x581, 393K)

It really does suck, I remember staying up late just to watch it during summer and absolutely loved it. I still haven't gotten past episode 350 because it almost feels like a chore to watch and read this many episodes. I know the dub had a lot of issues but I enjoyed it a lot and am sad every time I try to get through the series and run out of the dubbed episodes. If I ever win the lottery I would totally look into getting the rest dubbed.

It's nice to see some Case Closed love.

The way they handle anime translations has changed a lot since 2004, if Bang Zoom decides to adapt the dialogue closer, do you think we'll get to hear Conan cuss as much as he does in the original? The last movies Funimation did were keeping closer to the official script and he had one or two curses, but I think they still cut out some. He rarely cursed in the episodes run and I'm sure there was more than what we heard. The manga release here is still going and I think they toned it down even in the newest releases. With movies where guys get killed and blood is everywhere I'm sure words are fine. We're not getting as many script changes in dubs as much as we used to and everyone is entirely aware kids hear cussing, they watch the superhero movies like Avengers.

Is it too late to have Conan be more foul mouthed?

Attached: ttbs.jpg (1920x2613, 498K)

Attached: thats hilarious.png (800x1146, 865K)

Female fans gets all the pandering in merchandising

Attached: D7I4X8oU8AEGJ_w.jpg (1000x1000, 197K)

It's over dude, as soon as Amuro was introduced focus began to shift demographics outside of the manga. I think Zero's Tea Time was an outlet specifically to avoid having to majorly pander with him in the main series.

It's not that bad. The new movie is increasing the Sonoko and Makoto merchandising, Ran is always included in promo.

Attached: D6-ooHoVsAArc-r.jpg (1000x1000, 238K)

Did they tease anything about next year's movie?

Attached: D6BlnQtUwAEyQ_C.jpg (1200x480, 172K)

No idea but aside from event teases aren't the big announcements done in December? I think that's when Sapphire got a poster and name release.

How did the series end? I dropped it like 10 years ago.

>detective conan
>end

Attached: detective conan.png (585x440, 310K)

You're asked to pick a single episode of Conan that best showcases everything you enjoy about the series. It can be any episode, even the latter half of a multi-parter, and long specials count as a single episode. Movies are excluded. Which episode do you pick and why?

Is there any other choice?

Attached: EP345.jpg (640x480, 54K)

That's a good challenge, I'll have to think about it for a bit.

That was a fun one. Lots of crazy stuff happening.

Attached: cute.png (960x720, 979K)

Attached: correction compilation.jpg (3500x998, 661K)

Attached: akemi.png (671x1100, 787K)

Didn't they tease movie in the after credit scenes? A short PV with Amuro counting to zero for Zero the enforcer and a Kaito tease last year?

Yea but I mean like news releases and title drops and then theme song announcements and stuff seems to come at the very end of the year into the next one, I just couldn't remember what time specifically.

At the end of 23 there was a teaser for 24 with Akai.
youtube.com/watch?v=78IxFLAh-88
Apparently its the VA narrating "Reach far, far away..."

I thought that user was asking about an Conan event and if they did any teasing.

Will they stop making movies at 30?

They could go on making movies forever as long as people still watch them.

>17yo teen gets ass pounded by older man in public
Funny how KogoShin is a nonexistent pairing in the DC fujoworld. Even here in one of the few doujins I found of them, the fujo artist said no matter how she tried to think of a way to make them get sexy with each other, they just ended up kicking back like bros.

Attached: 1541064240706.jpg (600x848, 239K)

Attached: 1398636-1920x1080-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

>they just ended up kicking back like bros.
Best way to write it. Why can't fujos just do stuff like that.

I wish the old rerun of this didn't have better colors than the dvd.

Attached: 118 comparisons.jpg (1472x2496, 520K)

I wish I could get the clear file on the left.

Attached: 1527702796057.jpg (1891x1182, 238K)

Are these cards or something?

No, they're clear files.

I looked it up and I understand now, the name clear file confused me a minute and I thought you meant like a wallpaper or something.

It's a kind of folder. I like collecting them because they're more practical than other kinds of merchandise.

Attached: 1538891005383.jpg (355x512, 53K)

IS THERE A MORE BASED INTRO THAN THIS?

youtube.com/watch?v=8qiS7R4QG34

I really like this intro too. It's very chuuni which suits Conan.

Attached: 1530881581542.jpg (960x720, 83K)

Attached: shrug.gif (400x224, 590K)

It's pretty good and I used to listen to it a lot. I like the part where all the scenes go by fast after Conan shoots his dart in the void.

hail satan

Just read around the wiki, no wonder we have so much fucking filler, the anime caught up too fast and there's only 6 manga cases to be adapted right now after the Maria-chan case.
Black Bunny's Club Case
Policewomen Serial Murder Case
Kaitou Kid and the Fairy's Lips (the one where Kid is Kazuha and Heiji wants to kiss him)
TV Drama Filming Site Murder Case
Nagano Snowy Mountains Case
Edible Wild Plants Collecting Case.

Though some cases are surely 2 or more parts by adaption. Aoyama's breaks have been catching up to him. I haven't really paid attention to the proximity before, how close has the anime gotten to the manga before, is this it?

Attached: conan kogoro.png (960x720, 1M)

Taking Shinichi's years of fantasizing about Ran into consideration, it's probably a form of the shocker.

The what?

You know. That.

Attached: 1543730632979.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Attached: [Fabrebatalla18][RAW] Detective Conan - 005 [v2][Remastered][960x720].jpg (960x720, 529K)

I thought it was a pose the Matrix guy did.

Don't tell me you've never heard of this.

I wonder what sorts of sexual fantasies Shinichi had about Ran while pining away for her for years on end. With his prodigious intellect they could be pretty inventive.

Attached: 1538967202419.jpg (328x500, 30K)

Yea for awhile I've been meaning to make a Conan version of this but like what you mentioned as the base style of Conan changed through the years those artists drew him differently as those came and went, so it'd be difficult. It's especially hard early on because it immediately went from one base style to the next. It's been a few months or so and I haven't started because I'm not sure how to get past that.

I could make different versions for different eras but distinguishing between eras is kinda hard when the anime's quality in the early digital style fluctuated.

Attached: chart.png (560x581, 598K)

Attached: oh man.jpg (908x1379, 395K)

I really don't think Shinichi is the kinda guy to finger a woman's asshole.

>Shinichi and Ran have sex
>"Yes, Ran-neechan, you are the best"

Attached: gvmQu8M.png (259x304, 89K)

I think he'll tell her or he'll transform in front of her before they get that far. If not for some reason, then he'd likely play it off as roleplay. She heard him do his childish ah-le-le as himself and forgot about it immediately.

Attached: 1507232068618.gif (500x281, 1014K)

>I think he'll tell her or he'll transform in front of her before they get that far.
That'd be even more fucked up for Ran I think

I mean like outside of sex during a final series case.

This better happen in Movie 24.

Attached: 1478087328573.jpg (850x572, 109K)

Yeah, he is pretty straitlaced. But he also seems like the covert pervert type when it comes to Ran, so he might get carried away into trying something freaky if the mood is right. His desire for her is boundless, there's no telling what he'll be willing to try with her once they get into a relationship and his limiter gets removed.

Attached: 1528124408122.jpg (1200x900, 312K)

>tfw no doujinshi where Shinichi and Ran start having sex and he transforms back into Conan in the middle, and they just keep going

I still wonder where that one Ran user went.

Attached: AI'S SMILE.gif (500x284, 1000K)

Attached: CqW68c2WAAANoIA.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Attached: ai really.jpg (832x624, 242K)

On an anonymous imageboard there's no way to know. But I wish there were more Ranfags posting here. Ran deserves more love.

Attached: 1556620207432.jpg (640x960, 156K)

Were you around when they were? I kinda thought you were them but you don't post the same way. They used to post elsewhere.

Attached: best boy.jpg (810x700, 126K)

I started posting regularly in these threads around the end of last year. I don't remember another Ranfag posting at the same time.

Attached: old castle investigation case conans ais.jpg (1280x950, 233K)

So were you the one posting those stamp things and the Kogoro dart comic a lot? The one I'm thinking about had a long Ran talk with me somewhere else.

>almost 100 episodes in a season
I wonder why they just stopped separating them. It's not important, just interesting.

Attached: 1480030533336.jpg (946x704, 242K)

No, that's a different guy. If by somewhere else you mean non-DC threads, I never bring up DC outside of these threads because I never got replies when I did. Hardly anyone on Yea Forums watches it.

Buried in my closet, I'm reasonably certain I have almost the entirety of Case Closed's 2nd run on Adult Swim recorded on VHS. All the way up to No Immunity for the Diplomat. It's been around 14 years or so, but I believe only one episode is missing as I think I was out of town and couldn't record. Still remember the 13 year old me being mildly triggered by that. I don't have anyway of transferring them at present though. Is there something special about these runs you're after? What's wrong with the DVD releases?

Are you going by the "seasons" in the batch torrents on Nyaa? Those just go by year. The Japanese DVDs divide the episodes into seasons of about 34-38 episodes each if I recall.

The wikia

never keeping track of this but I don't remember when the anime get close with manga chapter.

hey anons, as someone who wants to get into the conan series, I get that I should start from beginning to end, but when would it be cool to start watching the movies and when do you think they take place in the time line?

look up the dates the movies aired, look up the episode/chapter that ran the week before, watch it then

I don't see 100 episode seasons on there. Season 27 is still getting released on DVD, up to episode 886 as of this July, so it will probably be divided into part 28 not long after that point.

>when do you think they take place in the time line
Apart from the first movie, the movies are noncanonical and stand alone. It's helpful to watch in release order with watching/reading each year of the TV anime or manga to help with recognizing new canon characters as they are progressively introduced into the movies, but the movies themselves are fan service and don't really fit in the manga or TV series time line.

That sounds really nice, I never got to see the series on [as] because I didn't have TV at the time. I really wish my childhood involved Conan, even the dub.

Conan airing here is interesting, even if there were no differences but the adult swim logo at the bottom I feel like preserving the recordings would be nice. There are some occasional differences in video that the DVD hasn't got (though I think those volumes have them, I never checked, the episodes online use rips from season sets that cut out the american video option) but the first run apparently had Adult Swim bumpers relating to Conan, not sure on the second run but its unlikely. Even if you didn't record commercials/non-episode footage I think they're worth transferring. Conan ran for so short of a time and at such an unfortunate hour (every time it was moved at random) that the tapes specifically recording Adult Swim in 2004-2005 that also have Conan which was already unliked by the general audience being put online is incredibly slim. I didn't expect that one to appear on ebay at all. They also had Lupin on the same tape which was disliked too.

If you get the chance mention it again if you find them. It'd really be better instead of finding random tapes on ebay and buying them, then transferring them. I don't really trust buying VHS tapes either. Just be careful with them, I've lost good stuff to irreparable tape eating. They generally degrade over time too.

Attached: haibara conan.jpg (1200x800, 684K)

Is there a compilation torrent for like all the episodes and OVAs anywhere? Missing a few episodes here and there.

>If you get the chance mention it again if you find them
Yeah, I salvaged a few. Pretty sure I had way more than this, at least as far as I recall. Need to go digging some more. I do vaguely remember the bumper you're referring to. I'm not sure if my recordings feature it, but I can't risk checking as my VHS is unreliable and tried to eat the last thing I inserted.

But yeah, I remember the first time I caught it on Adult Swim. It was the night before the last day of school for me in sixth grade. I was hooked all Summer. Didn't take long for me to find out how to find the Japanese releases along with the movies. And after that, emulating the GBC and GBA games even though I couldn't read a stroke of kanji or dash of kana back then. Good times. Even if you started out late, better late than never user!

Attached: seZcTWu.jpg (2988x5312, 1.77M)

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1780072

I haven't found the video of the interview, but from reading news articles about it, it sounds like Gosho has already planned an ending and wants to end it soon.
Reading comments about it on Japanese textboards. Some people wonder if there are a lot of people among the anime stakeholders who would have liked Gosho to die from his health problems because then they could extend the franchise indefinitely and do whatever they wanted with it. That might be a reason for Gosho to end it with some urgency.

What if the ending turns out to be that Conan is just an elementary schooler who's deluded himself into thinking he's Shinichi Kudo?

Attached: 1553087123205.jpg (960x720, 78K)

Damn, real nice. Any episodes would be fine but you have some really good ones in there.

The Shooter is one of the few episodes where they edited the video and changed the script to fit it. The numbers on the calculator were changed but without the edited video Conan is just saying numbers that aren't on the screen. The other episode with an important edit that did air on Adult Swim was the TV Drama Murder Case where a name in blood was changed. The english title was "Lights, Camera... Murder." The Last Dive didn't air during the premieres because apparently they didn't want to air an olympic related case around the olympics that aired near that night if not the actual night it was scheduled. If it is on that last tape then they did air it during the reruns. I don't know if they did video edits for it, but its chances of being recorded were smaller since it aired less times.

>I do vaguely remember the bumper you're referring to.
Do you remember what it was? All I know is that people on Toonzone posting as the episodes aired referred to cards/bumpers related to Conan a few times. The only one I remember them fully mentioning was a bumper asking why they didn't just call it Detective Conan. There's also a rumor that after Conan O'Brien's segment on 7/15/2004 (during the first run of DC) mentioning the series back then, there was a bumper the next night that responded to him about it. There might have been others, them mentioning Conan during bumpers gets less likely during the reruns since they largely wanted to ignore the series as time went on.

I really don't like the risk either when I use tapes, I'm not sure how you could transfer them without eventually doing that though. You could get another VCR or see if yours needs to be cleaned but that can be a hassle at times and pointlessly expensive for a decent system.

Sounds like you had a good time, and yea I'm glad I did eventually discover the series.

Attached: face pack 01.png (960x720, 1007K)

According to news.infoseek.co.jp/article/wezzy_65616/ Gosho talks a little more about hints for the ending in this month's issue of Cut magazine. It mentions that he has already decided for the most part how the characters will end up in the future, and that there are hints here and there in the series about what occupation Ran will end up in. Also that the final goal for the series was set back in volume 1, and everything has just been a matter of how to get there.

Theories where the fantastical thing is actually mundane always annoy me.
>its just their imagination
>coma theory
>some other third thing
I guess like many other things it'd be an interesting OVA (where of course it was revealed as a fake-out) but it'd really piss me off if something like that happened. That stuff undermines literally everything.

Please don't tell me my curse of getting invested in a series and it ending within 3 years is happening again. This thing has been running for over 25 fucking years, don't do this to me.

Does the OVA where the woman keeps hitting her son really piss anyone else off? She even does it at the end in a resolution scene and its fine because she hugs him afterwards.

Attached: 0001806651.jpg (700x973, 130K)

It's a gag theory that keeps popping up on 2ch/5ch. It's not really that mundane because it supposes that Conan is actually a psychotic genius.

Attached: 1554889782573.jpg (960x720, 94K)

detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Season_27

This is what I did and it worked just fine. It's better that way since the movies aren't all just the basic trios of the Mouris and Detective Boys, they gradually feature more characters as they come into the series. You can skip around because the opening introduction to every movie recaps who and what you need to know but doing it in order is the best and more easy path.

What makes the first movie canon, is it the birthday thing? Because I believe Yamamura was given a promotion in a movie and it carried over into the main series.

That site goes by the Japanese DVD seasons, so that season will be divided into 27 and 28 once they finish releasing part 27.

I don't remember them doing that to Season 26 though.

That site lists season 26 as 38 episodes, same as the Japanese DVDs.

I mean I don't remember them ever making it long and then splitting it.

Speaking of Case Closed stuff, that card game they put out was beyond pointless. It was the one where they gave Kazuha a third name.

Attached: 11 other images.jpg (1600x532, 374K)

I don't know what the site administrators feel like doing. But it's not that the official seasons suddenly became 100 episodes long.

I would risk being poisoned to eat cheesy pizza with Conan and Ran.

Attached: pizza.jpg (711x535, 69K)

If it helps any, Gosho takes so much time off for the sake of his health and for research purposes that it may not end within 3 years even if there are only about 3 volumes left.

>the new bang zoom dub will bring conan back to america's attention, and if it sucks its what everyone here will associate with the series

Wow user, you're quite well versed in this. Impressive.
> The Last Dive
This. This is the episode that I couldn't record for some reason and I remember seething about it. You can't see it on the snapshot very well, but there's actually a line striking through the episode title and a faded X right next to it. My memory is telling me I was away from town that night, but I could be mistaken. It would make a lot more sense if it never broadcasted and I never got the chance to record. I made those labels in advance knowing what episodes would be recorded, so it wasn't done after the fact. Good to know.

>Bumper
It was a "Case Closed" bumper. Nothing to special. I'm not certain if there are more, but the one I did remember was easily discoverable with a Google search.

youtube.com/watch?v=1rBuUgCz1vw

>VCR
I actually had to pry it open to retrieve an old recording of my 3rd and 4th birthdays as the tape was stuck in. Then I placed another throwaway in for good measure, only to be met with an unpleasant crumpling sound, promptly followed by screen tearing, static, and my system stopping the film. Safe to say the thing is pretty much done. I'm definitely holding onto them, though. Didn't know about those unique edits.

If there is so little time left towards the end, that doesn't seem to leave much time for an arc where Ran finds out about Conan's identity and fights together with him against the BO. Well, I mean I think she probably already knows on some level, but I was hoping he would reveal it to her openly either willingly or not. I'd have to think about this.

Attached: 1546844308782.jpg (640x480, 43K)

And if it's really ending in 3 volumes there's no way Shinichi and Ran are going to have time to go on a date before the end. Damn, the more I think about it the more I dread how this is going to turn out. Maybe ending it soon is something Gosho needs to do, but I sure hope he has plans for some Meitantei Shinichi afterwards.

Attached: 1527514857365.jpg (960x720, 98K)

I've read a lot about Conan's dub back then. Some of it is more notable than the rest. Instead of The Last Dive they aired the first part of No Immunity for The Diplomat. I wonder if you still got the first part on there since you said it was recorded during the second run, but they may not have skipped Dive at that time. The decision to skip it came really late and was yet another schedule change for Conan. It had a really rough time and the way it was treated was interesting to read about. The reason for going straight to No Immunity seemed like a one time problem though.

Oh yea, that's one of the few that managed to go around. That and the "child laborer" trailer, which I think was the one with the knife in the guy's back joke. The bumpers with the black screen and white text seem to have been lost to time.

That's a shame, I don't think I've ever had it that bad but I've also had home movies get caught in there. It's a risk with these old systems but maybe you'll get a chance in the future. I don't mind waiting until things work out. It's just nice to know someone actually recorded the damn thing and still has some of it because it was considered a bust ratings wise unfortunately, at least for the intended demographic.

Other edits for the TV airings are things like the credits, where they air the epilogue scene and next episode preview first and then the end credits, the credits themselves are formatted differently than the DVD. Also every episode featured translated name boxes for the characters in the case, whereas the online copies keep the japanese boxes.

Attached: tv dvd.png (1324x984, 1.67M)

Old Conan and new Conan is like night and day. So incredibly round. On the topic of it wrapping up, it sounds to me like he's just set on how to end it, he's said that a long time ago, that he knows how it'll end. I want it to go for as long as it can, if it can stay in the same quality it has been and that Aoyama is alive to the end. It's a gamble though because the man could croak at any time, his health isn't the best. It's telling that despite the scares he's had he didn't immediately end it.

Attached: cute detective boy.jpg (337x476, 39K)

I love early round Conan, he looks so soft and huggable.
I bet he finalized the ending a while ago just in case. But this reminds me of when he went on hiatus in the summer of 2015 after his surgery. I read somewhere that he said he had really wanted to get the Ran Girl/Shinichi Boy case done before going on hiatus, and if he wasn't able to get back to work and complete the series, then that would have been the last case. A bittersweet ending to the series.

Attached: 1538040726571.jpg (1024x682, 191K)

I'm not a shipper but this one is one of my favorite cases, peak gosho.

From what I read he actually drew that while in the hospital. He had the surgery beforehand, but had to stay in the hospital for months, and went back on hiatus right afterwards. So he put his all into that case thinking it might be his last.
It really shows his big heart for his characters.

Attached: 1549473145757.jpg (1447x1660, 1.95M)

Exactly

I liked Magic Kaito more