Forced melodrama: the manga

>forced melodrama: the manga

Attached: 1504644648785.png (839x1200, 234K)

what if i force myself onto you?

"Forced drama" is such a shitty criticism. Forced in what sense? How is the story told in a way that makes the drama feel shoehorned in? Fucking explain yourself, user.

>forced
stop using words you dont understand.
forced would be grey's anatomy or something

>protect the love of your life, saving her life
>suddenly turn into rude, mean and abusive boyfriend
>beating up a random stranger because now a badass twisted psychopath
Yep, what else can one expect from manga? Typical jap shut in fantasy

>suddenly
retard

confirmed bait thread.

Saged and reported to the cops.

>beating up a random stranger because now a badass twisted psychopath
wat

>implying it wasnt bait from the very first post

It was forced because the author was being a contrarian just for the sake of it.

I knew Yea Forums was a pleb tier board, but not this pleb. Actually thinking that it wasn't forced melodrama, tragic for the sake of being tragic. Read a real book!

>Read a real book.
after you.

Attached: 1447893989455.jpg (305x230, 24K)

You shouldn't have done this, user. Now all the 15-24 years old "sadboys" will fill this thread with their unresolved teenage angst as if that was an argument.
It's impossible to enjoy punpun if you're a normal, functioning member of society.

>woops killed me mum in self defense
>better dump the body and run away instead of claiming self defense
How isn't this a forced tragedy?
>BUT THEY ARE DUMB AND YOUNG
fuck off

yeah, you didnt even understand the manga did you?

So what you're saying is that if you don't enjoy Punpun you're a normalfag. I see.

I'm saying if you do, you're lower than Yea Forums's worst.

yeah go back to your loli manga you pathetic pedo

What's there to understand? Stop thinking that this schlock is deep

>if you're not a normalfag, you're lower than Yea Forums's worst
The current state of this board.

Attached: 05__01.png (887x724, 514K)

The only good thing Asano has done is Dead Demon dedede destruction, the rest is pretty meh

It's not that they were dumb and young, it's that they both were mentally unstable. They both were just planning to run away together from their daily lives, so of course when something like that happened they just said fuck it who cares lets go to kagoshima all our problems will disappear there.

Punpun looking mostly-human once he grew up was forced artwork. Change my mind.

You've seen this character grow since Childhood into the ruined human being he is at the end and you still think the change was too sudden?

Did you just look at the pretty pictures or something?

It had its moments early on, but yeah.

Is this actually worth reading?
I read the one about the whiney mangaka and thought it was kinda insufferable.

Self defense ends when you start wailing on the corpse with a knife.

Now Aiko could've just not done that, but literally living every single day of your life with physical and verbal abuse will kind of fuck you up.

It starts as a 8 out of 10, then it goes down to a 6, and I don't really know how it is at the end because I got so bored couldn't bring myself to finish it

the moment he was human like was the moment he took the life of someone else. the manga itself even said "that was the day punpun died" . it showed his head still bird like becasue the human part was more of a cover than his actual form, like a robot suit or something in which his head poked out.

The first half definitely is.

No. His only good manga is Nijigahara Holograph.

Retarded r.dditors

Not retarded

It really depends on your taste.

I personally really like stories like this where you follow a single character up to the end and see how he develops.
It's also interesting to see your main character go from a kid living an unfortunate hard life to a man who keeps bringing more pain and suffering to himself by being such a fuckup and a horrible person.

The manga paints your MC as what he is, from sympathetic, to pathetic, to irredeemable.
If that appeals to you, it's great.
If it doesn't, you'll hate it.

>hah! i just took the time to respond to all messages, now i am the coolest in the threat

you literally are the most emberassing by far user

Are you not familiar with threads about a certain manga starting as bait against them?
You start shitting on a thing, people who like the thing come out and then they start talking to eachother about the thing.
Thus a thread is born.

That's kind of what we're trying.

To be fair, punpun was babby's first seinen. The angst and almost teen tier "the world... is so cruel bro........." was riveting to me when I was younger, but by re-reading it you'll find how much most of his problems were just fluff. First world problems tier. So of course Yea Forums would latch on to this trite like how a parasite latches onto one's digestive system.

Everyone knows it's bait retard, but it's about the only way to talk about this manga since Yea Forums has a hateboner for it.

Attached: 1532909943658.jpg (678x179, 20K)

>you should like what I like because my taste is way better than yours!

Attached: 1397233594762.png (400x400, 207K)

Honestly though, the first part of Punpun was interesting and actually fun to read; to watch this character, who doesn't fit in, grow. Afterwards it just become teenage angst and attempts to be philosophical. Another case of a mangaka shitting the bed halfway.

I think you missed a point

His problems WERE mostly fluff that he exagerated (not counting the rape, that's a pretty bad one).
When you get to the end and see what Aiko was going through, that's supposed to drive home that fact.

Punpun with his small problems was complaining and being a baby the whole way through.

Aiko dealing with verbal abuse, physical abuse, financial abuse, possibly sexual abuse (not too clear about that) in her own family, seemed normal from an outside perspective.

i think even he himself knew how pathetic he was around the time of puperty. he didnt manage to get a girl, he wait years only in hope to see his childhood crush and even wanted to kill himself if he didnt manage to find her. until the point he even had to make up an alter ego to compensate his own pathetic existence. and when he finally met aiko and everything didnt eventually got magically better he got so much frustrated that he loaded everything on her a pretty "human" reaction

That one doesn’t even make much sense. Why’d the aliens return to earth knowing now it was populated by another creature? Then we’re expected to feel bad because the aliens are retarded.

Yeah that's why I like this manga.
The complaint I always see is how it's angsty and it's teen melodrama, but the manga is about the fact that Punpun is a melodramatic cunt.

He did suffer, that's for sure, but most of it is on him.
I really never got the message that "The world sucks, it's the world's fault that I suffer" or some shit like that.
Hell, the moment you understand what God is, it should be pretty clear that even Punpun knows what a fuckup he is.

Every nips melodrama is incredibly forced and retarded, like a Mexican soup opera.

Most people don't like stories where the MC doesn't learn from his mistakes. It wasn't even a tragedy. It was just forced and melodramatic. I can't see it any other way. Am I retarded? Probably. I just dislike the angst.

great story stupid ending. the ride is worth it though.

Seems to me that you only dislike it, I don't think it's any more forced than the average manga around.
Not that disliking something is bad, it's just not something that appeals to you, that's fine.

I'm sure there's something you love that I just don't get, taste works like that.

Sachi best girl

Attached: 2560f3c9fd664b1dd3871bc54a0b4008.jpg (500x747, 133K)

Aiko best girl

Attached: 1532925666620.jpg (2240x1600, 1.35M)

>normal functioning member of society
>posting on 4channel

Attached: punpun joy.jpg (499x282, 27K)

Ugly plastic whore. Punpun a KEK

All this thread did was make us punpunchads get an IQ boost.

Brb increasing IQ with Solanin.

It's exactly why Yea Forums loves this manga so much user.

Why did you capitalise the word childhood? Only children randomly capitalise words like that.

Maybe he is German.

You know who else really loves this manga? It begins with a T and it's not Twitter.

T-Series?

Transsexuals?

wow a god like counter argument. you still have to insult his grammar tho. after that you have the perfect argument for anything

I fucked up

Attached: 1526509327189.png (984x532, 103K)

Arguments are something that adults have with each other user. Nobody cares about you, which is why nobody cares enough to post any arguments explaining why you're so retarded.

It happens.

>g-guy i just dont understand!!! i know t-this manga has to be just bad.. yeah im not dumb the manga is!!

Asano is babby's first DEEP mangaka that's why teenagers and manchildren love the garbage he makes.

I guess you're right user. Bit I didn't dislike it from the start. I read it as an edgy 16 year old and I thought it was interesting and deep. Rereading it in my mid twenties now, I just remember how much of an angsty boy I was back then, and how this manga wasn't as good as I thought.

Apologize

Attached: d9ebeb03d6d89fce5f9d1657f7f109773e68e6eb_421515_1740_1225.jpg (1740x1225, 443K)

Never.

despite being overrated, punpun is his second best work, i was so insanely let down by literally everything else hes done other than dead dead demon's which is better

solanin is more shallow, simple, and overall less impactful than punpun though

the characters are entirely one-note and we barely see enough history to justify it

What is his best work?

reread the post

Everything was going well. He killed her mom and it still was going well. Common sense tells you if you stay and explain the situation you can get a slap on the wrist for self defense. Fine, let's say this is the corrupt japanese police that prosecute you for whatever. They make a run for it and escape. Then out of fucking nowhere the guy snaps and becomes an edgy shit without any other indication prior to this. Fine then, tough shit, acute stress response makes you do fucked up shit. He fucking kills her out of fucking nowhere, just to be edgy and shocking. And then again, out of fucking nowhere he returns to civilization, he's not a wanted man, his circle accepts him right away and nothing fucking happens. Who the fuck thinks writing this is good? It really serves no purpose other than saying "gee, Punpun had it hard, sometimes life is futile." or what really comes across as "I don't give a shit about my manga anymore, i just want to finish this shit, yeah it ends right fucking here, nothing fucking happened. Fuck Aikofags."

>He fucking kills her out of fucking nowhere
What?

Punpun is a fucking retard. He killed Aiko. You know it's the little cunt's fault. She was completely fine before this.

What the do you mean she was completely fine before that? She was just as fucked up as him before they met again.
>out of fucking nowhere he returns to civilization
Also what do you mean by that?

I love this manga. It's my favorite thing ever. /r/roastme

Punpun is shit after he fucks his aunt.

it isn't, itzs like repeatedly putting your hand into a fire and expecting the outcome to be different. If you don't want drama then you throw your hands in the air and say 'fuck it'

This so much this

Attached: 1551137842924.png (764x905, 404K)

I think it's mostly just a (very bad) criticism of Japanese militarism that thankfully takes back seat once the time travel/dimension hopping girl plot takes off (even if it is stalling currently)

>my wife's son ending
He should've fucking died. I know that's the point but no wonder he's so dead inside at the end.

Attached: 1497153347434.png (1143x717, 842K)

>he fucking kills her
that's not true
>returns to civilization
he returns to one building from his childhood to attempt suicide

for me the moment aiko's mom tries to kill her is the point where the manga kind of loses itself

Forced faggot: the OP

Why did you jump to his capitalization instead of his content? Only children want to get the easy way out of judging other people's arguments.

I'm not going to lie, I don't get why this manga is so loved. I don't know if it's just 2deep, but I never really felt engaged at all. Shit all just kinda happened.

>Then out of fucking nowhere the guy snaps and becomes an edgy shit without any other indication prior to this
>an edgy shit
>out of fucking nowhere
>without any other indication prior to this
Oh I am laffin.

Attached: Entire teenage years.jpg (945x644, 407K)

>Most people don't like stories where the MC doesn't learn from his mistakes.
I guess that's why Cowboy Bebop is so hated huh.

Maybe you are just a dumb faggot OP

Attached: punpun sides.png (720x410, 135K)

The titular character's self destructive behavior is integral to the narrative from its inception.
Nothing is forced. There is no non sequitur. The manga simply holds true to its premise.