Hi i just finished Monster

hi i just finished Monster

WHY THE FUCK DID HE SAVE HIM A SECOND FUCKING TIME
THIS WAS THE GREATEST FUCKING ANIME OF ALL TIME UP UNTIL THAT POINT JESUS CHRIST

Attached: 220px-Monster_(manga_-_promo_image).jpg (220x327, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msTB5r8nUHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He saved him because if he killed him it would prove to Johann that all humans, no matter how good, can be corrupted but also proved to Johann that Tenma cannot escape his nature (to save and help people) just like how he can't escape his nature as a Monster (he accepted being the monster despite not going to the Red Rose Mansion, and being given away by her mother)

It would frankly be really cliche if Johann was killed by Tenma.

First part yes, second part no. As evidenced by the fact that Johan went on to live a quite, peaceful life never hurting anyone ever again. Tenma proved him wrong, he proved that deep down not all people are monsters.

He was saved to prove that even after all the shit Johan made him go through, he still valued his life the same as any other human life.

>As evidenced by the fact that Johan went on to live a quite, peaceful life never hurting anyone ever again
That's headcanon, it was never mentioned in Another Monster.

You sure? I'm sure I read that somewhere years ago.

There is one interpretation of the ending that could keep this show a masterpiece for me.

Johan didn't live a peaceful life after breaking out of the window and he continued to murder many people.
The "real monster" of the story is one thing: being a pussy when it comes to handling evil people.
Tenma couldn't break his coding of being a lifesaver and that's what the monster is.

Anything else would drop this show down a peg for me ngl.

He remembered his Hippopotamus Oath.

Felt the same way, any one with reasoning behind is just making excuses for a very poor ending to an insanely good story.

VERY underwhelming for how many mfs died...

Lunge just wanted to share a beer with grimmer ; - (

20th century boys >>>>>

I liked it but this has to be the least anime anime I have ever seen lmao
It would be extremely easy to make a 3dpd adaption of this and stay faithful

Nina trying to forgive him was pretty stupid too desu

>man who sets out to do something accomplishes said thing after many episodes
>somehow cliche
Ok bud.

>Hippopotamus Oath

Attached: 6EE6E5B0-569F-48CF-82C8-EFAD4EA35CDC.jpg (441x500, 98K)

20th Century Boys was not even good enough to be animated.

Anime > Live Action

youtube.com/watch?v=msTB5r8nUHU

by killing Johan, it would the expected outcome of "the good guy always wins". I think thats what the other user means.

Urusawa said that Johan had stopped killing after being revived for a second time, having been proven wrong about his worldview, so it wasn't really a mistake on Tenma's part, Johan's goal was to have the most moral man he knew commit murder. You might say something along the lines of,
>he decided to prove a point while risking hundereds of lives by reviving him
but at that point Johan's face was known to the Police, Tenma has been proven innocent and now they would know who to look for if such a thing were to occur, but knowing him he probably still would have found ways around that.

>Urusawa said that Johan had stopped killing after being revived for a second time

[citation needed]

>Viz licenses the full series and every episode gets dubbed
>Release only the first 15 episodes on DVD due to low sales

Gross Incompetence.

If you kill your enemies they win

>liking monster at all
lel, fucking brainlet.

I think that it's to prove a point that being too kind is also a corrupted way of being evil. Tenma was not capable of harming even a monster. There are types of people like that. Also goes with theme that there's a monster inside all of us. Another explanation is that Tenma finally gave Johann a name at the end, so he was no longer a nameless monster who was going to kill people, although at what cost? So many lives were lost just because Tenma had to fulfill his duty.

Go back to your moe.

Tenma is Jesus
Jesus is forgiveness
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and slowly
youll cum

Gross.

Because that's what Johann wanted.

Johan is just a figment of tenma's imagination right? I dropped the show on episode 18 because one of my friends said my theory was correct.

No, he was fucking with you or he's an autist, finish watching it.

The real Monster were the friends he made along the way

You're retarded and your friend must've thought so as well.

this.

He saved him to prove the point that no, not all humans can be corrupted. Why do you think the protagonist is a doctor? Doctors give life, to corrupt a good man like Tenma, a doctor, would prove Johan's point. Johan's point being that every human is , at the essence, evil by default.

Thing is, you could also argue that Tenma is on some level responsible for any future atrocity Johan might commit especially considering the ending. So one could argue that Tenma too is a monster.

The ending is absolutely pitch perfect.

that's what johan wants you to believe, convincing the world that he doesn't exist

No. He's real and a HUGE threat to the world. The cops THINK Johann is a figment of his imagination somewhere in the middle of the show though.

t. Lunge

nice try lunge

Attached: inspector-heinrich-lunge-1406.jpg (381x478, 58K)

he's huge alright