Anime is getting more and more mainstream

>Anime is getting more and more mainstream
>Watching anime is normalfags hobby now

Attached: 1457932435951.jpg (704x400, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Do-anime-fans-in-the-West-know-that-anime-is-passe-or-not-a-mainstream-entertainment-in-Japan/answer/Erica-Friedman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

>shit that happened over a decade ago
>OP is now realizing it
bruh, keep up

Attached: 1467639185729.jpg (600x522, 24K)

nah not really, they watch the popular ones, but if youre into anything even slightly esoteric theyll never find it

Manga is the new cool thing.

Attached: Ana5.jpg (574x514, 128K)

Just know that in another 10 years from now, those same normalfags will too be complaining about "how mainstream anime has become".

Read manga, retard. Anime needs to appeal to wider audiences because it's so fucking expensive.

Normalfags just watch the popular shit, no different than the TV and movies they consume.
Ironic weeabooism will die out when they move on to something else. Don't worry it's still weird to say you watch CGDCT around non ironic weeaboo normalfags.

Not all of the series get streamed on western platforms and majority of people still prefer to use TV which means they will never see 90% of the series that aired in a year because all those other series don't get dubs, which is what they want to get on TV.

Since western VAs are like:
>I'm not a slut I swear!
>*proceeds to make another twerking selfie to show how strong of a wommyn she is and posts it on twitter*

They will never dub cunny anime series (majority of series are cunny in a way or another now) and if you can't find VAs willing to dub cunny characters, even for money, then you can't make any dubs and that's a good thing.

Attached: 1460835892286.png (860x585, 365K)

>caring about how many people do or do not like what you like

Why? I couldn’t care less desu

Checked and OP is probably just an edgy newfag himself

they only watch the dubbed ones , blame the dunners for making normalfags into anime

As long as Anime is catered to Japanese audience, it will never be "mainstream" in the west. Anime is antithetical to SJW values, so it will always be pushed aside as deviant behavior.

>hobby
passive consumption of content isn't a hobby

Have you not seen all of the trannies trying to latch onto it lately?

Attached: make me.jpg (209x200, 11K)

Didn't you wish for a girl to have the same hobbies as you once?
You're paying the price now.

Anime is not even mainstream in Japan. It will always be a niche subculture that nobody cares about.

its pretty mainstream in the other asian cultures though. pretty much every asian student ive met at uni watches it to some degree, and i was told straight up by a guy from hong kong that its more normal to watch it than not

>cartoons aren't popular in the country they're made in
You're a nigger and a retard. Almost everyone watched it at some point just like everyone watched Pokemon or Power Rangers at some point in their life.

>not mainstream
アホか?

anime went mainstream 20 years ago
now lolicon starting to go mainstream worries me

I only care how many normalfags watch anime if their shitty ideas get listened to. Thank God the nips don't give one shit about what twitterthots consider "gross" or we'd be screwed out of another hobby

quora.com/Do-anime-fans-in-the-West-know-that-anime-is-passe-or-not-a-mainstream-entertainment-in-Japan/answer/Erica-Friedman

>Comic reading
>There's hardcore fans and normie fans
>Cartoons
>Anime
>Manga
>same as above
>Light Novels and Web Novels
>ditto

Literally nothing out of the ordinary. Carry on.

Bruh, it's mainstream. Conan sold more than Endgame there.

Skip manga and web novels. Only read harem web novels through Google Translate.

>I'm an unironic hipster
Good to know

Attached: 1555522738259.png (1204x204, 64K)

The nips are underpaid slaves if they are like that they may just suffer while drawing tits instead of ugly western shit

>tfw been manga patrician this whole time

Attached: 1554154916051.jpg (2125x3021, 2.16M)

ever think that endgame is just a fucking shit tier movie with no selling power in japan while conan is still just a mediocre niche otaku movie?

>female objectification
Kek japanese girls sexualize female characters a lot and they admire beauty. And what is sexualization for these pedos anyway? Didn't they catch that mod with CP in his pc?
>Senran Kagura and Neptunia
Lmao big part of the fanbase is female. Also imagine worrying about that shit instead of nips living like slaves. Too much free time reseterafaggots have

Do not forget Yea Forums, these people want you broke, dead, your waifus banned, and they think it's funny.

Wrong!

Attached: 1555514009732.png (1820x292, 71K)

>They have objectification
Everyone knows SJW burgers prefer pic related

Attached: child-beauty-pageant-ireland-4-390x285.jpg (390x285, 40K)

>the money from the West
What money?

What does objetification even means? To have good legs? Pretty sure those nips were laughing at "Tina" (I bet he is a tranny), imagine not allowing poor nips to have their own fantasies after 20 hours of work. Let them live also what the hell, that is their culture don't be racist, maybe they prefer Muslims marrying with real minors

What surprised me was on le reddit that manga has more subs than anime. Why is this?

Leave it to the dude who is "pushing societal changes" with the sans undertale picture to give you an objective view lmao

>Watching anime is normalfags hobby now
for anyone who hasn't based their personality on a single 'unique' interest, this doesn't matter at all

>now

>new
go back, 'kay?

The Zoomers are getting into it because all these SoundCloud-era rappers’ (X, Uzi, Kanye before them) are either into shonen or their beats are made by nerdy dudes brought up on vaporwave/futurefunk who are super weebs and their music adopts that aesthetic. Outside of rap, many pop culture figures were brought up on anime and are spreading its acceptability. For example Vampire Weekend’s frontman is a huge Eva fan.

Attached: 91A6A664-3C43-43EE-AA4C-A9F3B466B7C9.png (750x1334, 1.48M)

Basically this, there's a fuck ton of seasonal anime and normalfag only (if rarely) watch the most popular seasonal stuff, throw in some "classics" like FMA or something and you have the average western anime fan.

shit, I didn't know ezra was into eva.

The MC of his Netflix “anime” Neo Yokio is just a recolor of Shinji with pink dreads

>normie
You are the normalfag part of Yea Forums.

I don't think the situation is actually that dire. The worst of them are going to get into anime with something like One Punch Man or BnHA, think to themselves that they like 'anime,' and will then watch the 'best' anime, which basically consists of the stuff in pic-related, minus Hanasaku Iroha which most of them won't have the patience for. After watching the 'best' shows, the lowest common denominator will think that they've seen everything anime has to offer and will give it up, maybe coming back for new seasons of their favorite shounen, a KyoAni show (I don't dislike KyoAni, but it's fact that their shows are about as mainstream as anime can be), or the occasional seasonal meme show that dominates the Internet (FranXX is an example of this).
Due to this cycle, I don't think there's much worry about anime being 'corrupted' by becoming mainstream. For instance, Netflix has tried to market anime to the average consumer, but they've pretty much exclusively stuck to making their shows feel 'western' (B: The Beginning) instead of portraying anime like it really is. These shows flopped because, in the end, anime is still not mainstream. By making these shows like they did, Netflix was trying to draw in non-fans and the tourists I was referring to earlier, but it didn't work because neither of them really like anime, they just like a select few shows which they've been told are the best.

Furthermore, as I understand it, being into anime as an older teenager or young adult is still looked down in Japan, so I don't think there's any worry of it being corrupted by turning completely mainstream.

Attached: Chart.jpg (1380x1610, 870K)

It's really not, at least where I am in London, all my friends take the piss for watching it, in a friendly jokey way tho.

>he thinks watching cartoons makes him special

Attached: WANPISU.jpg (602x452, 52K)

>What does objetification even means?
Drawing characters that are fiscally impossible according to them, because having a body with human proportions is something only a pervert drawing can achieve.

You now realize that the validation you seek from anons with this thread is the same shit the normalfags want from their peers.

>anime is normalfag hobby now
>get to sit and what I'm passionate about now with people who are accepting and interested in the medium thanks to how much more wide-spread it's become
my brother came to visit after years and we fully caught up on AoT together, never thought the day'd come I could watch anime with people without feeling ashamed

The difference being a group composed of literal normalfags, and the other being the creme de la creme.

I wouldn't go that far but how are normalfag groups the creme de la creme?

Then dont read it. Keep bitching that normies and other forum based users are watching the series you used to enjoy.