Kenshin

Just finished the anime. Where do I go from there?
Also Sano is best boy

Attached: Sagara-Sanosuke-Rurouni-Kenshin-h1.jpg (725x555, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1ln0X2Js57ER6VdrofZ01jZr8QL7F3yHX?usp=drive_open
youtube.com/watch?v=Qq61e-LtJTU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmyōdō
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To jail

Sano is an idiot muscle head, Yahiko is best boy

also watch the ova's and read the manga

Which ovas? I've looked up and there are more than one, do I go for release order or there's some timeline bullshit I need to be aware of?

just do release order since you already watched the anime

Manga and the movies. The final arc in the manga Jinchu arc was pretty good and never got animated, the ova did some half hearted attempt if I recall and the Shishio Makoto two chapter spin off was also good.
As for the movies, the first one is fantastic, second one was good but I did not enjoy the thrid one.

Read the manga. The final arc was never animated and the manga is vastly superior to the anime. Also the manga is now on-going again with the Hokkaido Arc.
Then watch the Tsuioku Hen (Trust and Betrayal) OVA. Do not watch the second OVA (Seisou Hen) as it tries and fail to cover the Jinchuu arc.
There is the shin Kyoto arc OVAs which retell the Kyoto arc you saw in the anime from a different perspective and with a generally different story (the upside is that it offers us the best Shishio vs Saitou fight).
You can watch the live-action movies as well.

Also Saitou is best boy.

Attached: 9B7D8E68-56FD-4D78-9D7F-301537F94891.jpg (543x408, 27K)

where the hell can I continue the hokkaido arc? every manga site dropped it.

>Sano is an idiot muscle head
you say that like it's a bad thing. He's awesome.

Don't lie, every last one of you were trying this shit the next day at school/work.

Attached: Futae_no_Kiwami2.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I'm still trying.

It's been 15 years. Youd think I'd stop trying a modified one inch punch on steel beams at this point in my life.

There is a dude translating it on Facebook, the name of the page is DTninja something, the page was taken down not that long ago I think, anyway Let me find you his Googledrive link

read the manga
don't bother with the ovas

you stopped trying?

And here you go: drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1ln0X2Js57ER6VdrofZ01jZr8QL7F3yHX?usp=drive_open

>when you still can’t master it after all this time
Welp, Anji would have killed me I guess.

Saito>>>>>Sano

My nigga

Tsuiokuhen is great.
Seisouhen is awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qq61e-LtJTU

Hokkaido Arc has been pretty shit so far. It's cool to see everyone again, because EVERYONE seems to be coming back, but the new villains straight up have superpowers (not techniques, not body modification, not weird health conditions) and it's weird.

Watsuki finally lost it after his other manga failed to catch in with Japan.

Isn’t it just weird tricks? There shouldn’t be any magic in Rurouni Kenshin. Saito was that there was some trick during his fight. I’m sure we’ll get explanations.

I mean, there's a Ben Grimm-looking motherfucker shooting machinegun rocks from his mouth. That's gonna be one hell of a trick.

Continue with the manga, then watch Trust and Betrayal as the ultimate kino sendoff. Trust and Betrayal adapts a flashback segment in the manga, but it's much better in the OVA, so I recommend reading the manga version first so that you can better appreciate the OVA.

Attached: 51WtkwQuUhL.jpg (500x375, 41K)

Saito and Hiko va's are so good.

Yeah that one will be hard to explain, but then again in Kyoto arc there was this giant dude so I guess weird abilities are not new.
But I agree with you Watsuki might be going a bit too far here. Interested what’s next for Saito now that his sword is broken and so is his left arm. I hope he will not get a gun.

Imagine a shotgun gatotsu.

Hiko > Kenshin Battousai real sword > Kenshin real sword > Kenshin Battousai sakabato = Saito = Aoshi = Sojiro > Shishio > Enishi > Jin-e > Sano

Ok, I’m sold.

Shishio is stronger than anyone not named Hiko

Maybe when he wasn't burned like shit. Dude relied too much on getting intel and his men.

unironically watch the live action movies

Hiko > Kenshin Battousai real sword = Saito > Kenshin real sword > Kenshin Battousai sakabato = Aoshi = Sojiro > Shishio > Enishi > Jin-e > Sano

> ate like 10 clean hits from Kenshin
Bloodlusted Kenshin with an edged sword would murder him a minute. Same with Sojiro who danced circles around the moves Shishio needed to tank.

Sojiro is way stronger than Aoshi and Saito. They've got no counter to his speed, and they're not gonna psychoanalyze him like Kenshin.

Saito is really strong btw.

>They've got no counter to his speed
Aoshi has the afterimages thing.

Man, it's been so fucking long since I watched Kenshin. Probably at least 20 years. I remember the last arc in the anime being some fucking trash wizardry horseshit that didn't fit with anything else in the series. I really can't remember anything else other than being mad at taoist wizards.

Weaponized Feng Shui, imagine that.
The made up arcs were so goddamn bad.

I watched the final OVA a lifetime ago and it depressed the shit out of me, I was struggling not to cry when it ended, I mean, it wasn't good, it was really, really bad, in all aspects but it was so sad :(

kyoto arc is still the king of shounen arcs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onmyōdō

>Not the sanctuary arc

Attached: 8DE8EA3E-D780-411A-BCE3-38EB1AFA5876.jpg (1114x1447, 206K)

Watch the prequel OVAs and the sequel ones. Both of them are top kino melodrama dont listen to manchildren. The manga version of the final arc is just more action wankery. It never reaches the dramatic stakes of the ova.

Watch Trust and Betrayal now

>Kenshin Battousai real sword = Saito

Kenshin had the upperhand vs Saito once going Battousai with his Sakabato. And he even managed to land a blow that would've been fatal if he had a real sword.

For what purpose?

They were constantly fighting on equal grounds during the Bakumatsu. All their fights were a draw. I do believe their skills are equal.

>And he even managed to land a blow that would've been fatal if he had a real sword.
And then Saito implied he was holding back.

Read the manga from the beginning. The anime ruins a lot of scenes and cuts the last arc for a bunch of bullshit

Just do what I do and ignore its existence, it's a lazy cashgrab that serves no narrative purpose and ruins the perfect ending with retcons

Just like Seisouhen.

>Madeup arcs

I'm sorry, what? I loved Kenshin when I was a kid, and recently finished it, but everything after Kyoto felt subpar. Which are those madeup arcs?

While I agree and it is the proof that Watsuki failed at producing anything else and was pushed back to his initial success, I will probably keep on reading it for entertainment, it is not good but it is not so bad it is unreadable.

Muh power of friendship kidding I still enjoy Saint Seiya, a guilty pleasure of mine

Everything after Kyoto. Also the real last arc of the manga was never adapted in the anime (except in Seisouhen OVA but do not watch it, terrible adaptation). I highly recommend to read the manga.

that's, well, everything after Kyoto.
Throughout the anime there's a lot of small non-manga filler arcs and such and it's not great but generally inoffensive, while everything after Kyoto is completely new, and completely shit.

The Manga goes Fake Battousai > Jin-E > Oniwabanshu > Raijuta > Saito > Kyoto.
After that, there's a long arc about Kenshin's past and things from it coming back to haunt him, then it ends, until they brought the series back recently with the Ashitaro story and the Hokkaido arc, as well as some smaller spinoffs like Chapter Zero and Master of Flame, and a self-contained reboot, the Kinema-Ban, that's supposed to be Watsuki's interpretation of the first live action movie's plot.

But yeah, do read all the manga.

mai nigga.

>a guilty pleasure of mine

Is it because of the gay?