Mieruko-chan Ch.11

A new chapter of the girl that sees them.

Attached: E1.png (975x1400, 458K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/izumi000/status/1118796219394867202
bloodyslab.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/yokai-of-the-day-chiisai-ojisan/
reddit.com/r/Tokyo/comments/124s3y/chiisai_ojisan_the_tiny_men_that_people_are/
yuchinakan.com/2018/07/23/ohmiya-hachimangu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: E2.png (975x1400, 591K)

Fuck.

Attached: E3.png (975x1400, 602K)

Attached: E4.png (975x1400, 480K)

Attached: E5.png (975x1400, 592K)

she's gonna sacrifice her friend to the gods. nah, she's just a weirdo who takes her friend to shrines for fun.

Attached: E6.png (975x1400, 497K)

Attached: E7.png (975x1400, 497K)

We already have had the chapter thread, user. You were late.

Attached: 1555223013171.png (1384x1496, 743K)

Attached: E8.png (975x1400, 506K)

Welp. Might as well finish this dump anyway.

Attached: E9.png (975x1400, 551K)

Attached: E10.png (975x1400, 573K)

Attached: E11.png (975x1400, 639K)

Sure, my waifu Mieruko is cute anyway.

Attached: 1531972167449.jpg (1766x2510, 367K)

Attached: E12.png (975x1400, 661K)

If this ever gets an anime, I hope this scene is good wallpaper material.

Attached: E13.png (1950x1400, 1.45M)

what? where?

Attached: E14.png (975x1400, 418K)

Archived now.

Alt TL.

Attached: E15.png (975x1400, 655K)

What did it mean by this?

And the dump is done.

Attached: x16.png (975x1400, 474K)

Context shamelessly stolen from someone on Mangadex:
"The "three times" at the end was left intentionally ambiguous by the author, but a bit of background knowledge can't hurt.

The "traditional" way to pray at a Shinto shrine is to bow three times, clap three times, then bow once more (though this varies by type of shrine, era, etc). This is abbreviated to two bows, two claps, one bow in almost every instance in recent years. Hence, it's possible the ghost may be saying something like "I'll help you/forgive your rudeness this time, but make sure to pay your respects properly (by bowing three times) next time".
This was my first thought, and doesn't contradict any of the panels. The two smaller ghosts bowed to the big one, and then they frantically try to signal to Miko. One is shaking its head and the other is bowing; "no bow". I'm reasonably confident that this is the intended interpretation, but nothing is definitive and there's still some leeway for speculation.

There is also a saying that literally translates to "even a saint will only keep his composure up to three times", i.e. even the kindest person will get angry if they are repeatedly treated rudely. By this interpretation, the ghost might be saying "I'll only help you three (more) times". This ties in with the fact that Miko says "please" three times during her wish, implying he'll be taking his payment (her soul or something) once the three times are up; she said she'd "do anything".

In fact, it's not even clear that he's saying "three times". There are a number of other synonyms; "dispersal", in the sense of ghosts being exorcised (he just caused the ghost to disperse), "welcome (to my shrine)", or even "adjournment". Either way it's unclear and left as an exercise for the reader."

miko is a cutie and I hope we get to see her cry and suffer more

Attached: mieruko.jpg (122x332, 24K)

I want to see you cry and suffer more

Well damn. Can't do much with all those possibilities.

Attached: 1533328750889.png (403x485, 149K)

Man, this series is absolutely brutal. I love it

>but it's probably fine
I want someone to put her out of her misery already but even then I'm sure she'll just end up suffering even more in the afterlife. At this point, she should just worship the outer gods or something because if all the gods are going to end up as eldritch abominations, you might as well pray to the strongest one there is.

Stop bullying her. The last chapter really depressed me. It was just too cruel.

But the last chapter was a Hana focused episode. You must mean the dad one then.

Impossible. Did Time Skip on me or something? I just remember we were all talking about the Dad chapter last month.

As an Eldritch-fag I can say that is a terrible idea. Dagon and Atlach-Nacha are far more likely to be protective of their worshipers as opposed to the likes of Nyarlathotep or Yog-sothoth. Aim smaller, not bigger.

Ealier thread mentoned that one of the translations could also be "Monster/demon girl", how true is that?

chiyo will protect her

Attached: chiyo.png (805x728, 358K)

crossover when?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (341x550, 60K)

Yeah 9.5 and 10 were posted

So the endgame is her becoming an exorcist right?

Wouldn't that just make things worse since she can actually see and hear the gods, she has to do their bidding?

>bullying
>literally gets her wish granted by a god

We battle manga now.

Just like her name she'll become their miko...

It is a bad deal. The spirit will force her to pay it up, eventually.
The endgame is the giant spirit who saved her devouring her father as payment. Three times, user.
In the third time, her father will have to sacrifice his soul to him while she watches.

I cannot await for her tears of despair.

"Sankai" is also a type of Yokai. Basically it's a Yokai born from a shitty mother who didn't take care of her child during pregnancy. Although the intended meaning was probably .

Though you can let your imagination and speculation fly with this.

There's a 100% chance of this manga ending with her being diagnosed with schizophrenia, correct?

She's so cute in this panel. I don't know how the artist does it.

No, the author already made it clear they are real. That grandmother could see them and that chapter of the cats.

Calm down, M. Night Shyamalan.

>eldritch abomination grants you a wish in return for "anything"

What could go wrong?

You know with the dad and the cats I thought the way things worked was that spirits can keep their human forms as long as they're remembered and that they only become more grotesque as people 's memory of them fade but the shrine seemed to be maintained properly so I guess the god's form and it's servants contradict that idea.

>the shrine seemed to be maintained properly
I can barely even read the name of the shrine, you sure about that?

She paid 500 yen tho.

Yes but you should be paying 1500 yen! Clearly the ghost is annoyed that people don't give the proper amount to maintain his shrine. After all how is a ghost gonna survive on only 500 yen!?

This manga is deeper than it seems.

Attached: 1532830313377.png (663x717, 400K)

If it will only help her 3 times before killing her, why would she ever ask for help the third time?

since this is Yea Forums, imagine having a Hana gf.

Why doesn't she just wear vr goggles connected to a GoPro headmount?

I want to bully her until she's a sobbing mess, so fucking hard

I'm 100% sure it's not sankai as in three times due to what the God is doing with its hand above Miko's head.
The context of the scene should be something like these.
>The God asked its servants which girl was praying earlier
>The 2 servants pointed at Miko
>The God performed something like a purification on her.
Hence, it can't be the God admonishing her for not doing three bow thingie.
I will post smug anime girl when I'm proven right.

Three times could be referring to the 3 actions, (bows, claps, end bow) which she wasn't shown doing the end bow, and the god was possibly reminding her, while also giving her a blessing to help her out (which also happens to be her third plea).

Attached: 1533384724604.png (462x253, 136K)

I want to put yummy things in Tits' belly

I gonna fuck thw shindol looking dfc

This page already has the SFX of ringing the bell and clapping, if they did that, I think it's more correct to assume they know the proper procedure and the action itself was just left off screen.
Well, we can only hope future chapter to clear this argument, so this is kinda pointless. I will stand by my own explanation under the current information we had.
Also, that wall of text from mangadex read like a weeaboo who wants to show off his knowledge about japan. The third paragraph isn't even from shinto-ism.

that's just explaining what's common knowledge in another country.
some corny horror movie isn't deep if someone write a wall of text about why the cross is significant.

>Also, that wall of text from mangadex read like a weeaboo who wants to show off his knowledge about japan. The third paragraph isn't even from shinto-ism.

Except that's the translator, like the above said it's explaining background information and other possible ideas the normie wouldn't know of.

Thanks for the dump.

Doesn't negate anything that I was saying in my post.

Man, I wanna do things to that god

Anyone else finds it incredibly sweet that Miko cares more about Hana's safety than her own? She did ask for her own help, but only if God can help out Hana first. I absolutely love Miko.

where's the lewds of these two qt shrine maidens?

I thought she was just gonna take a picture of the sunset, but forgot girls always gotta be in the picture

It sprinkling those leaves over her is something important

>noticing how different her expression is from the usual with the context of the twist
I'm fucking tearing up here, why is this manga so good? I've read a few gag manga before that stick to their one little gimmick every chapter, but this one is really a huge step up from all those.

Attached: y9[1].png (975x1400, 486K)

From the other thread.

Attached: 1558113460661.png (3008x2160, 2.62M)

I think people are missing the importance of the suspense between the big spirit's hand about to do something and it only ends up sprinkling leaves over her
It must be some kind of sign of a contract and it is marking her to signify it.

Replacement for sprinkling incense into fire, an act that symbolizes purification.

Hey, here’s a thought for a future chapter. Her friend gets hit by a car, and asks who she’s visiting in the hospital.
Cut to flatline

inb4 9/11 edits

>Here's your purification, now fuck off
>Doesn't do anything
>Thanks for the 500 yen

>this spread as a png
nice user

she's a good girl, that's for sure

I keep waiting for her friend to turn out to be dead.

didn't she talked with normal people?

Sometimes sfx'es are important to tell the reader what's going on and should be translated.

Here, the thing is going "munch munch," and in the next panel, it shows the two loli (?) ghosts got absorbed. Most readers probably missed that.

Attached: 2019-05-21_21-54-23.png (355x234, 140K)

No but she'll have died between chapters and we don't realize it and neither does Miko.

God I love this manga

She does, it would be a retarded twist, as Mieruko still has a family that would tell her these things as soon as they would happen. A spooky twist would be her friend or someone close to her dying, and when they're having the funeral or something, Mieruko could see them as a clearly vengeful spirit, and realizing the person they are haunting is a murderer or something.

not everything needs to have a plot twist
a retarded plot twist like that only hurts the series.

>died between chapters and we don't realize it and neither does Miko.
it seems rather likely, but hope it won't happen - mc san need some break

>tfw no hot boys and guardian spirits to protect you
Being a chick protag in a seinen sucks.

Attached: 4083580d367646d622d2c1767380a78cf4c14875_141681_728_1208.jpg (728x1208, 143K)

Maybe the grandson of that medium is a looker.

There's literally only so much you can do with a flimsy premise held together by body horror, snob.

It's clearly already pushing in interesting directions without needing to rely on cheap and flimsy shocks that have been done to death.
The murderer getting haunted is a better idea but the "problem" would be that it'd be taking the manga in an entirely different direction in genre.

So stalker just translates this for funsies and doesn't even typeset it?

Also, just noticed that god did the fox hand sign here.

Attached: 2019-05-21_22-11-24.png (235x460, 122K)

Maybe if your an unimaginative moron. The author clearly still has plenty of ideas and doesn't need to resort to tired tropes.

>The murderer getting haunted
That's already been done though in the chapter where the dude has all the dead girls following him.
Also ghost detective manga is done to death.

Attached: 9 (3).jpg (870x1237, 270K)

I didn't say it was excellent, just a better. But it also has the additional problem of this not being a detective manga so the genre change would probably annoy people. Like me.

To save someone else, of course.

nice
I think this is the most fitting interpretation

It could be something really grave that threatens her love ones, like second time to save her brother,, then third time to save her mom.

yoinojayo

How do we protect our beloved Miko, Yea Forums?

Attached: 20190210_073644.png (477x625, 257K)

That manga with the hot girl is an example of a loop going and going good.

Attached: 20190504_135833.png (804x860, 750K)

Ghosts are scared of life force.

strong disagree

>Also ghost detective manga is done to death.
I love this genre. Haven't read Kako and the False Detective before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

as with all works from that author, it's good, and the girls are juicy, but scanlation/serialization is cursed.

>just caught up to the TL
>that cliffhanger
FUCK

Oh, this is the Princess Resurrection mangaka, I thought it looked kind of familiar.

the ending seem to be rushed through, I feel that while the main mystery is solved, many remaining things and personal conclusion are left hanging

I love Miko's style so much

>peoples thinking too deep they miss the point
She ask for her curse to be lifted and the spirit disperse her curse in the end.
But haha, this cant be true right? There must be a DEEP meaning behind it like muh symbolism haha :^)

>Ghosts are scared of life force.
More like attracted, even though it will dispel them like moth into flame.

Only the really weak ones. The ghost from these chapters got really fat off her.

>even the gods are eldritch horrors
Can't wait for Mieruko to visit a church.

The endgame is her going crazy in the head, therefore also crazy in bed.

>a church
all those biblical descriptions of angels. Will Mieruko be in awe or quaking in fear

I love how the scale of the world's lore slowly expands as we witness the supernatural from Miko's perspective.

We're already at the level of shrine gods, it's going to be glorious if one chapter Miko looks up in the sky and sees a behemoth of a being watching over the town.

Oh fuck a new chapter, I wasn't ready.

SHIT THAT THING IS STILL THERE.

Attached: y15.png (462x533, 138K)

Hugs and kisses

Just marathoned this today and I like it. It really has the Shibito no Koe vibes and Miko is a CUTE! CUTE!

The shrine had a grave stone turned over and the MC and her friend even asked if the shrine was abandoned.

There's no priest or miko anywhere as well, when their job is cleaning the place.

If I learn kekkaishi to enchant spirit-repelling talismans - would she suck my dick?

Depends, can you defeat the spirit?

uyun!

Attached: NOPE.webm (960x540, 155K)

No but they would stay away from talismans.

I'm leaning towards the sankai meaning disperse in this case. Miko prayed for help with the ghost haunting the titties / Miko's own situation and the big god is dropping leaves on her like it was doing a purification ritual, signifying that it took care of the problem and what Miko asked was thus granted. Also, I really want to see her become an actual miko/exorcist. The manga has been amazing so far, but there's only so much you can do with the MC seeing a monster and being scared, so I assume it'll start to develop soon enough.

There should be vacancies.

Attached: 1550769472767.png (1280x720, 798K)

The in-universe timeline is a bit vague but I think the events of chapters 9,10, & now 11 have all occurred on the same day which means she'll get to see her Dad and that Giraffe-Horse chimera thing when gets home.
Also we've yet to see Miko visit Hana's house.

So are you saying that there's a possibility the purification got rid of the ghost giraffe or what?

What's this?

Unclear, but I kinda doubt it.

I want to believe that the god and its lesser spirits were malformed because the shrine was abandoned.

Tried google, iqdb, saucenao, yandex, tineye, archive and even trace.moe you fucking nigger.

Attached: mokou come on boy.jpg (355x369, 83K)

Boostra

Which brings up the question of how such a deserted, disheveled, and out-in-the-sticks place showed up as a key hit when she googled "Really holy places".

She's probably looking up shit like urban legends and rumors about haunted/spiritual places with lots of spirit activity. The site she was reading used the word yabai which sounds like something a teenager would write when describing a totally wicked spooky place.

I loved that manga. Why did the author have to give this up for another Kaibutsu Oujo reboot?

Then lurk more, you double nigger, that shit is pretty popular and always get a thread with new chapters

>Sees ghosts
>goes to a shrine
Is she very stupid ?

It probably lived off of malevolent spirits wandering into its territory which is why it eventually turned into whatever it currently looks like.

Was probably expecting a priest or miko to be there that she could talk to.

>Hana's house
Oh fuck, that shit is going to be more haunted than a desecrated Indian burial ground.

The point of not spoonfeeding is to disencourage asking for sauce when it's possible to find it with reasonable amount of searching, but I guess you're one of those people who see anons doing something but doesn't really understand the reason behind it and just ends up parroting it like an idiot.

Attached: kyon.png (279x291, 137K)

>sees ghosts
>goes to a shrine
>a radical kami fucks an evil spirit up so hard it goes to the afterlife's afterlife
She is a very clever girl.

I don't know why everyone has to assume gods and such are all beautiful creatures. Biblical angels and feys are horrifying looking creatures. It is far more prudent to believe they look like creatures that are beyond human comprehension than anything else.

The point of not spoonfeeding is to be spiteful.
Don't take it personally.

You know, these things are oddly cute in their own grotesque way.

>got banned for telling people to use google
For real mod?

In case people missed it, those are eating sound effects in the bottom panel. It ate the two little ghosts.

Looks like you can see where it absorbed them in the next page too.

Attached: 1558491247998.png (597x731, 508K)

I can't wait for them to visit famous shrines as a part of a school trip.

>Come out, Ash Gremlins!'
That's oddly specific. Is that what those little ghosts are?

And I can't wait for her class to do a haunted house for the cultural festival with predictable results!

>Visit a Daimyo castle
>Everyone else taking in the view of the architecture
>Miko sees literal armies of the undead who once lived there
>All are burned, missing limbs, and pierced through with arrows in every orifice reenacting famous battles/sieges
>The tour guide gives the class of history lesson describing said scenes as she watches

Attached: a663491cee440f62478099fa94918390.jpg (1280x581, 359K)

Can spirits rape miko?

No, but I can.

Are they okay?

Was she cursed by jealous jks for her boobs?

Mikos are all virgins. Maybe she should just get a dick to stop seeing spirits.

what if the next dude she tries to hook up with has a haunted penis

A spirit started following her, then she went to a cursed ruin to find a kid's doggo and the spirit kept eating all the evil shit in there until it became like that.

Hanas bobs are really big

So it's basically what seagull is for fishermen. And MC fed it to eldrich fox god.
This seems to be a working business model: she could take money off people with that and have cowtits as sidekick.
>person is cursed, some nasty spirit is following it and fucking up his life
>enter the MC with cowtits sidekick
>spirit can't resist them cowtits and starts to follow her
>MC leads cowtits across known haunted spots to fatten it up
>Leads it to the shrine and prays
Fox God gets to eat, MC and cowtits get money, haunted spots and clients get to be less haunted. Triple win.

Attached: 1531606617912.jpg (213x462, 26K)

Is this like Yea Forumsnstantine, but with a jc in hotpants?

Yes, and that's a good thing.

No, the user is right about the order for Shinto prayers.

Is this only up to chapter 12?

So when she looks at the photo, will she see the ghosts or do they not show up on film or electronics

What did miko do to deserve any of this

She didn't love me back.

She should just become a shrine maiden. Just live in a shrine 24/7.

sooner or later she’s going to get ghost raped, will she be able keep her poker face then?

Be born.

We don't know, it might be that she'll still be able to see them on the photo but no one else will.
Also nice Jackpot trips.

She's going to end up committed to mental institution before she graduates or worse at this rate.
Also this thing in Ch. 4 finally makes sense when it was eating those waiting in line.

Attached: x6.png (975x1400, 802K)

is this yuri?

No.

Attached: n6.png (975x1400, 493K)

Picked up.

These fluffy tails are kind of weird, not sure if I want to touch. I think this fox has mange.

Would they be able to help her?

Attached: Spirits and such.jpg (685x385, 49K)

It's yurei

As long as there is no male character I'm good.

That face, was she creeped out?

They couldn't help Azuma, what prayer do they have of saving Miko?

Attached: 11.jpg (1418x1428, 591K)

Its amazing how I wasnt unable to focus on the blabbering of the big boobed friend as the god was doing its thing.

I was thinking "shut up bitch, I'm trying to look the show!"

She's so happy-go-lucky and her home life is like an MC from a shoujo manga that made a wrong turn and ended up here somehow. I feel like if for whatever reason she ever gets the same vision as Miko, she'll react VERY badly to it (hang herself immediately or slit her wrists in the tub). She's made it clear in several chapters that she's really bad with spooky stuff and being a spirit lantern means she'll never be able to run away and have it even worse than Miko.

Attached: x2.png (975x1400, 444K)

Does this manga have pantyshots?

Oh, dont get me wrong, she is an airhead but her bright personality is probably helping our girl Miekuro too.
I was amazed at how the author managed to make her extra annoying on this scene as the Dark Souls stuff was happening on the background. Thats was really brilliant

There might be a girl with shotsin the panty, but i don't pay much attention to the ghosts

This was an obscure run down shrine.

Maybe that was why the local shrine god and his servants looked so dead looking.

In Japan, there are major shrines dedicated to the most powerful and popular Japanese Gods.

Kind of want to see MC pray at Amaterasu's Shrine, Susanoo's Shrine, etc

After the god eats the ghost they resurface from under him, so the god probably took them out of the ghost

Just give me more sensei and less bullying

that must've been a jannie begging for sauce.

>Imagine being such a beta male to the point that fictional males are scaring you
She got a brother and he shows up. Fuck off now.

probably IS "that guy". Also
>Protect my sister
>Asks Gods to save Hana before her
Dad & Mom raised some really good kids.

Attached: c5.png (975x1400, 418K)

Do you think one day we'll get porn of her?

just see the lewd angle from the first chapter

Why is she so fucking scared all the time? You'd think that after a while she'd get used to it, and gain some courage to deal with it by using it to her advantage or just ignoring it, but she's still a coward. No one with that ability irl would be like her. So annoying but I will still read to see how it goes.

FUCK

Attached: y15.png (975x1400, 251K)

If she put prayer beads up her ass, would they shake violently whenever a spoogy came near?

You two should sit down and get it done.

Attached: 1554676316871.png (426x461, 366K)

Yeah because people who have fought wars will never be scared of gunshots and explosions. Seeing creepy monsters all the time can still be scary user, imagine knowing deep inside that they're always around, that shit would keep you on edge 24/7. I'm actually impressed that Miko hasn't killed herself yet.

>Yeah because people who have fought wars will never be scared of gunshots and explosions.

They would be cautious , not scared. After some time they would treat it as yeat another explosion or shot.

>Seeing creepy monsters all the time can still be scary user, imagine knowing deep inside that they're always around, that shit would keep you on edge 24/7.

That's what we cal cowardice user. You can't be scared of everything all the time. You either grow some balls and act like a man or stay home.

She's a high-school girl, not a middle aged man.

>Implying that they aren't but a part of the delusions of this suffer schizo.
What a tweeeesssst

twitter.com/izumi000/status/1118796219394867202

I bet you’d take a swan dive off a bridge if you saw half the shit she has in real life.

>After some time they would treat it as yeat another explosion or shot.
Fuck no, extended stress and fear is horrible for the brain.

Wasn't it eating the smaller ghosts that were attracted to her?

Nah, they would act like a vaccine. After some Time I would be immune.

True, but reality is often way scarier than we think. There's a choice of accepting and living with it while trying to live the best you can or live in denial and suffer.

When the eventual anime adaptation comes, expect an outbreak of porn

Noooo nigga nooo. I’ve had friends who’ve lived in supposedly haunted houses (I’m interested in such things) and None of them have ever gotten used to it, fuck one of them has panic attacks over it sometimes. That’s the one who claims to have a “bad haunting” like an evil spirit or something fucking with them, and from the stories I’ve heard from them I’d have to agree if it’s real the thing is an asshole. Like just talking about it with that friend puts them on edge and they get snippy when I go “man I’d like to have as many experiences as you have”

They’re basically like Hana if they actually noticed the shit around them. basically a lamp for the fucking things, who has been used by family and friends during “ghost hunts” as live bait basically. Which is fucked up, Cause they believe it wholeheartedly, so if it isn’t real it’s still just plain cruel.

And it would make her feel heavy and she would lose energy when burning the smaller ones and would want to eat. Also, the perverted spirit that was ghost molesting her wasn't really burning itself until it came in contact with the nurse's perfume.

Wow, I just read the pudding chapter. That was an unexpected punch to the gut. I teared up instantly.

>(I’m interested in such things)
Same here. Can you tell any specifics about what your friends went through?

How fucking shitty is your education that you never heard about shell shock?
Do you think that crazy veterans are normally supposed to act like that or that they started off crazy?

>True, but reality is often way scarier than we think.
You don't exactly see ghosts lining up to be devoured by a horrific abomination, giant apparitions that look like something Lovecraft would come up with, or hulking mutilated monstrosities with faces stuffed in their chest cavity in reality dude.

I can try, it'll be a bit fuzzy though since its been awhile since I've talked to her about this stuff.

Lets see, from what I can remember clear enough that I'm certain I'm not misremembering.

She's been used as a "radar" in a ghost hunting group, who have, from what she's said, almost let her wander towards the property line of a haunted ranch or something (she says she saw something/someone in the tree line before it happened), ended up locked in a small shack when she walked in it alone. I think on the same place, which, she described as darker beyond dark with a presence and chill. These two incidents made her stop ghost hunting cause the chucklefucks had actually ran and left her during something like this.
Which is why I say it was fucked up, they used her to "know" when bad mojo was around, but either left or didn't pay enough attention when said mojo Supposedly started to fuck with her. Like the trance incident, she had gotten a few yards from the fence, for the shack it took them minutes to realize what had happened.

She's had the entity haunting her appear on a video call, and growled at her. Also the usual moving and tossing things around, nothing she's done has worked to get the thing toleave , and its even scratched her before.

She also wandered in the wilderness with said chucklefucks before, and encountered something that chased them over a small stream. Said wilderness is by and used to be part of a graveyard, and I personally think it may be a fae or nature spirit or something cause, well they ran past an iron fence and it stopped.

When I mentioned that she and a mutual friend wanted to go looking for it, but we stopped on the way there cause it was late and they had freaked themselves out over a shadow

Our own shadow, cause they didn't see the light cast from a nearby house's security light. See, I have excellent night vision, so I could tell where it was coming from. but it spooked the hell out of them.

Blueballed me

Soldiers, policement and lots of other people are meant to handle tough shit and stress when it comes to combat. Of course there are cases of ptsd for those that don't do well in stressful situations and I understand that. I was speaking in general instead delving deeper into that issue.

The same policemen that are infamous for shooting anyone that moves on a hair trigger in the USA?
I get what you're saying, but you're using really bad examples mostly because any relevant example is generally going to end up a bad example even if it doesn't affect 100% of the group.

Yeah, no. Designing a girl built for sex and using her as a blueballs generator should be a criminal offense.

You're only allowed to serve a certain amount of time in active combat service to reduce the massive amount of mental issues longer service time has given people, it fucks people up and is a real prevalent problem even still.

Only just realised this is probably supposed to be a Kitsune (all the tails and the pointed "face"). I'm guessing that means that in this manga's universe, all folklore/divine entities are real but they are much more eldritch-looking than people who can't actually see them think they are.
Also definitely think the ending is it reminding her she needs to bow three times when making wish and not it making a threat/suggesting she's cursed. It's a given at this point that while nearly all the spirits (minus those ghost cats with the yakuza guy) look horrifying, they aren't all malevolent (i.e. the thing that was with her dad in thier house, the little coin man, etc.)

Attached: 1529257933934.jpg (640x775, 106K)

Check out this detail too.
There's also a fox looking statue in the background on the left next to the torii, could mean people in the past were able to vaguely see them like the godmother and rationalized that they looked like modern foxes of today.

I was surprised but based on one Japanese Wizardry game and that Keanu Reeves's samurai movie, the nine-tailed foxes don't look all that much like foxes, unlike what Naruto would want you to think. Instead they look like some white air-floating furry aliens.

>last updated: 11 months ago
Fuck
It’d be faster to just learn moonspeak so I don’t have to be disappointed time and time again by dripped series

What would you want to see?

It's been a while since I saw a post this 15-year-old.

Saw this earlier and it's honestly the coolest fucking advertisement ever. Is that the author's twitter by the way?

>Also definitely think the ending is it reminding her she needs to bow three times when making wish
And the scattering leaf?

I think she's supposed to be quoting a movie.

Given how many tails it has, it's probably one of those X-tail foxes that got deified into being the village's guardian spirit.

Can you stop trying to fit in so desperately by insulting others? It won't make you popular.

Can you stop posting like an edgy teenager? You're embarrassing yourself and you don't even realize it.

And you're trying to act smart and fail at that. Hard.

I'm with him. Humans adaptability is scary. We can get used to pretty much anything. It doesn't help that spirits MC sees are all seem to be same so it's harder to get used to visually different stimuli.

>are all seem to be same
Brain fart, spirits are all different in shape size etc. so it's hard to get used to seeing them.
You can get used to seeing polar bears as a scientist, but not if it's some different kind of bear each time with different number of paws, maws, eyes, fur color etc.

I don't think they're of any real significance. To me, it sprinkling leaves on her is just a the second part of the bait and switch set up in the panel just before it with the hand moving towards her head.
You think something bad isn't going to happen and then on the next page it turns out to be the complete opposite.

>can't see shit because some spirit's super ugly and scary mug doesn't let you
>some horrifying things does something uncomfortable to you or your friends
>can't complain because than they will realize you can see them
>your "luck" ensures that when you find a weapon against them, such a mean spirit appears that it destroys it by flexing
This chapter was the first time she found an effective solution to her problems and the solution in question might be better off not abused too much since it looks about the same or worse than her problems. She takes the shit happening to her like a real champ and no, not many people would do better.

What I didn't l like about the Dad showing up was why didn't the Dad prevent other spirits from invading his household?

There were creepy spirits invading the bathroom when his daughter was taking a bath and brushing her teeth and also sleeping in her bed, causing her to pee her bed.

So why didn't the Dad put a stop to this before it all happened to his daughter like beating up any evil spirit that enters his house?

Bullshit. Seeing dead people aka ghosts walking around would fuck you up mentally.

Only if those ghosts dressed normally and looked normally with no injuries, blood, creepy eyes, etc; you would have some sort of argument.

Modern nips have zero bushido left in them and he might not even perceive other spirits.

I bet her facial expressions will disappear completely overtime.
Also: it's rude not to return a greeting.

Attached: 1546881030748.png (975x1400, 722K)

I want to mieru Mieruko's mierukas!

Attached: 1537373089604.png (975x1400, 554K)

When is MC going to piss herself again?

Well you better learn /x/ son!

Attached: 1545903784106.png (493x608, 152K)

>grilling weakling youkai before eating them
I guess that's one way to use cowtits genki.

Attached: 1557602963519.png (975x1400, 467K)

ty user

He was telling off that one spirit not to touch his pudding.

the monster design reminds me of scary stories to tell in the dark

find it kind of funny this has been the healthiest onee-san/lil bro relationship ive seen in a while

Father thinks nobody can see them = cannot interact. I guess people that can see spirits can validate their existence and thus can be molested by the spirits. So her approach is fine. Field geologist camping alone out in Syberian swampy oil fields 4 months a year once told in a private talk that pokerface and ignore is your best friends in scary situations. He didn't elaborate any further because their company have strict psych eval policies, can't have a dude go bonkers on them and kill himself or bring the heli down when they come get him.

This confirms that it knows that she is able to see them. Doen't that imply kind of that she made that connection with her prayer? No other being was able to confirm her ability but this thing knew it without a doubt. Is her

>I fell like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders
so they drain there energy from there victims or something. They are not just ugly but actually a problem?

She better be leaving bigass offering at that shrine later.

Did you miss big eaty monster frying small spirits on cowtits blazing aura?

Yeyeye

What I would do
>Go home and google what kind of stuff is good for this particular type of shrine offerings
>Start working part-time to actually buy the stuff with my own effort
>Once I have enough of my own money - buy the offering stuff and go to the shrine
>Offer money to the box, pray, leave offering
>If underling foxes or fox god present - prostrate and thank them for saving my friend
>Apologize for ignoring them and being crude with the ritual the first time
>Since I've already promised to "do anything" if my friend is saved - I offer doing cleanup and miscellaneous stuff around the shrine
>It does look kind of run-down
>Then I come several times a week, swipe the leaves, pick weeds, some minor repairs

It would double as the time without any of the scary spirits because they won't come to the shrine, at least the fox and minions are clearly malevolent and open to dialogue.

Consider future options working as an actual Miko at the shrine. What's the requirements there? Is there a miko school or something? Pretty sure MC is a virgin and with her ability to see spirits she can bring prosperity to the shrine.

Attached: 1553279721465.png (500x338, 249K)

Better because it’s not trash capeshit.

Attached: 1.png (750x538, 508K)

Nice.

Rude

>Border is ending in 2 chapters
Fuck this gay earth.

Attached: f25.png (982x1400, 512K)

That's cool, I would've liked if her expression change just a bit to reflect her inner thoughts.

Man. It'd be really cute if Miko started cleaning up the shrine as a thanks to the God. I really wanna see that now.

Hellblazer is not capeshit user

Or being dead simply changes your mentality. You no longer have that sense of mortality nor are you shackled by human basic needs anymore. There's no reason for him to believe staying alive is more important than anything else. I mean, you have ghosts willingly waiting in line to be devoured. Other than perhaps that one dead wife, ghosts just don't think like normal living humans.

Or it doesn't and just simply doing the equivalent of finalizing a contract or something. A symbolic ritual to say her wish has been heard and granted or something. In the end, we really don't know what the god/demon/whatever was trying to say nor its intentions.

The artist drew some questionable art, but I don't think there's a lot.

Attached: 71509810_p9.jpg (1027x1200, 256K)

Damn son, that president is one shitty bitch.

Not that guy, but it'd be cute to see Miko doing a nopan bottomless upskirt while still wearing her long sleeve sweater.

>questionable art
Unless you're a literal plebbitor please don't be a faggot and use that term these days (and if you are, GTFO).
It's just fucking harmless fan service and art practice (like when ONE draws Fubuki in form-fitting outfits).

Her underwear

It's not like the author isn't lewding her in the manga itself.

Attached: x10.png (975x1400, 591K)

I sorta assumed it was the anniversary of his death or something, so he was only there for that one day. Otherwise she'd be seeing him everyday, right?

This is something I hope Izumi touches upon. Some ghosts that Miko sees only shows up at certain times. It could be that her dad's ghost was only visiting for the time being or that her having the pudding brought him back. The ghost at the trash was only seen for a day too. But we see certain ghosts still lurk longer like during the cat chapter and the dead girlfriend chapter. It could be that they died with huge regret and are haunting their person, or for the yakuza cat guy, his girlfriend and cats are lingering on to him to protect him. But if it's the latter, Miko's dad should continuously be around her. So who knows right now. Maybe he is bound to the house and we just haven't seen him again because these past few chapters have been outside the house.

Attached: 1543970207889.png (3008x2160, 2.69M)

very nice thank you

>takes bite of melon bread
>aura explodes in strength
she can't be stopped

Attached: 1357561621655.jpg (484x382, 21K)

Attached: ss (2014-02-02 at 12.53.00).jpg (235x254, 29K)

Hellblazer ended in 2013 when Vertigo ended so now he hangs out with capeshit

Battle manga with ghosts tend to suck

Stuff like this and Voice of the Dead are better since it's the same character just kind of falling into supernatural situations as a kind of witness/bystander to the crazy shit going on that no one else can see

Attached: scare.gif (343x284, 933K)

>she could see who did it

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1460707720182.png (318x318, 104K)

You assume the Dad would turn Incredible Hulk Mode over evil ghosts seeing his daughter naked in the bath or groping his wife's tits.

The Male Yakuza gets welcomed home everyday by his Ghost Girlfriend and Dead Pet Cats, though.

So seems some ghosts can linger longer?

If Yea Forums were ghosts, they still watch anime or read manga.

FUCK.

Attached: Miko_Hana_Selfie.jpg (2400x1350, 1.19M)

Attached: wonderland.png (745x497, 390K)

This setting is great and the author has really been making the most out of it.
It really pulls off the "girl can see into a terrifying strange world but tries to pretend that she can't" thing.

An anime or TV show based on this would be great, but only if the proper amount of work was put into it.

it's kinda sad the reason he's trying to protect her so earnestly is probably because he is the "man of the house" now

dude wtf
i wasnt ready for this

Attached: 1.png (880x727, 224K)

Who would voice Miko through?

Attached: D2_liYzUcAAr8TR.jpg (1482x1600, 288K)

Are there more spirit detective mangas besides kako and the false detective?

I'm tempted to say Aqua's VA, but then I realise her crying voice sounds more annoying than pitiful/cute.

>spirit detective manga

Attached: YuYu Hakusho v03 (2004) (Digital) (Lovag-Empire) 012.jpg (2037x3056, 1.9M)

this was peak YYH
shit dude, I remember reading this in a hard copy of english tl'd jump

so she thought this little old man was an actual person and not a ghost/yokai?

Attached: w3.png (975x1400, 381K)

>People hoping for an anime
CGI.

bloodyslab.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/yokai-of-the-day-chiisai-ojisan/
reddit.com/r/Tokyo/comments/124s3y/chiisai_ojisan_the_tiny_men_that_people_are/
yuchinakan.com/2018/07/23/ohmiya-hachimangu/
Actually a common urban legend in Japan, usually reported around the Ohmiya-Hachimangu shrine.
Also Miko's fleeting smile filled with misplaced hope and optimism is too good for her fucked up world.

Attached: JK Who Thought She'd Lost All Hope Finds Last Additional Bit of Hope She Didn't Even Know (467x397, 56K)

>completely different monsters of the week every chapter
would be as poor a fit as cgi was for sidonia

so you mean to say that it is a perfect fit

thanks for iluminating me but also fuck you too

no
die

I can't hear you under all this perfection

Attached: Drifting-dragons-1[1].jpg (1280x720, 204K)

>Is there a miko school or something?
There is, actually. It's basically seminary school for Shintoism, although the details are basically a trade secret. Used to be that the imperial family could appoint priests as well, but that stopped after wwii

Looks pretty good. Is it way worse when in motion?

No Yea Forums would molest girls.
God I want to bury myself into her crotch and die.

He could be really weak. He also thinks she can't see them.

It potentially only heard her prayer, and he asked the two lolis if she was the one who made it, and they said yes, and he did some type of "the ritual is done" process.

>Every single plushie she has looks sad as hell, or bummed out
Weird.

Attached: I am a gem, and what is this.jpg (600x600, 60K)

But wouldn't you want to console them if you had an E-cup?

So what you're saying is, they look like Miko.

deepest lore

>Hana and Miko try to kiss
>A ghost sticks its face between them and tries to get a reaction out of Miko while Hana has her eyes closed and is oblivious.
>Miko is forced to lean her face into and past the ghost to pretend she doesn't see anything.
Glorious.

I can see your bra wear an undershisrt you slut!

I want Miko to lick my shoes, hyahahaha

Can you banish spirits?