Jojo thread

If you were writing him, what personality would you give him (knowing that he doesn't have one)

Attached: image.png (350x495, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bbujU9Jp6h0
jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Interview_Archive#2005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Like Dio but not evil.

The one he has in the manga but more opportunities to show it off.

I would have made him a girl

I would change nothing

the one he had in the first 2 arcs that got completely thrown away as soon as the rest of the gang showed up

Attached: 1558269560844.jpg (1280x720, 351K)

The personality Araki gave him in the first few chapters then scrapped

This. It would his make his relationship with Mista more acceptable to the public.

Make him into a good husband for mista

Attached: 1556625454941.png (437x861, 261K)

i wouldn't have made him a faggot.

It's not that he doesn't have one, it's just that compared to most of the other Jojo's he has no interesting quirks about him. He doesn't get mad when you make fun of his hair, he's not a dine and dasher, he doesn't predict what his opponent's going to say next, and he doesn't even have a fetish. But his character makes sense though. The nobility that comes in almost every Jojo but the ruthlessness and the desire for power like Dio. And Normal Gold Experience is probably my favorite Joestar stand

>It's not that he doesn't have one, it's just that compared to most of the other Jojo's he has no interesting quirks about him.
So he doesn't have a personality then?

Like Dio if he didn't have a shitty father.

Gio has that ear thing, if that counts.

He has a personality but it's very subtle. Giorno is my least favorite jojo but to say he doesn't have a personality is incorrect.

>He has a personality but it's very subtle
Yeah, it's so subtle it's almost if its nonexistent . which it is

>The nobility that comes in almost every Jojo but the ruthlessness and the desire for power like Dio
That by itself could've made a interesting character if Araki hadn't fucked up. I say give Joseph's wit and Jotaro's deadpan humour and Giorno would've been perfect

A real Jesus, he would sperg at the sight of drugs instead of merchants

Have him be evil like DIO, instead of “muh drugs.”

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Vento Aureo starts him off with a lot of spunk. But the story takes away his development for sake of the team.
He's sharp, he's got plans, and when they go awry, he panics but gathers himself quickly. (Like Dio) I feel that this could have challenged him much more. Pushing him to think more creatively and punishing him for acting on his charisma alone.
I think the way to fix him is to invoke his Joestar side.
I would have had a bigger gang or at least more bouncing around. There would have been an arc or two added before they meet Trish.
The big gang would force Gio to interact with people and learn that some of them are not bad people like and they're just in a bad place like Tiziano and Squalo.
However, there are some that deserve death like Polpo. Giorno kills people like the low-life non stand users and any of the higher-ups he can but some are seemingly untouchable, like Cioccolata.
This shakes his confidence as he's always felt he could topple the gang, but with people as strong as Cioccolata, he questions, if he's even good enough to do it.
I would have Giorno bond with Risotto Nero almost at the same level of Burno. This version of Risotto is still pretty evil but would be a chaotic good and a justicefag. Risotto even might teach Giorno a thing or two about stands showing his wisdom.
Giorno would learn that Risotto is driven by vengeance and also wants to take over the gang. This sets up a divide between Risotto and Bruno.
Eventually news of the Boss's daughter would rise and Giorno would have to choose a side: kidnap the bosses daughter and bait out the boss or get closer to the boss by deliver his daughter to him. (He picks Bruno of course because Giono plays the long game). But this would make the La Squadra fights much more personal and heart breaking.
Giorno would learn to make sacrifices and rely on others knowing full well one of them may not make it, but that together, they keep a dream alive.

i miss kakyoin

We all do, it should have been baguette boy

That's what he is. Giorno has Jonathan's gentlemanly nature and good heart and Dio's charisma.

Ironic considering he's by far the least popular Jojo in the West

Does Polpo even deserve death? I feel like Polpo was a pretty good guy for a mafioso. The lighter killing the old man was bad luck, that's all.

Based hairposter.

He plays it like an undercover the entire time once he gets into the gang. He spends so much time just having the answer and so little time showing himself.

He just constantly wins and inspires other people to have monologues about how epic he is. It's like when you have a kid whose parents praise him as a rockstar the first time he picks up a guitar. Even if he didn't do anything amazing, the characters react as if he did, thus fooling the reader.

The most personality we see is everything before he joins Passione. The rush through the events of Part 5 really sour his personality because he'd be another Bruno, but with less integrity.

If Bruno stayed dead after saving Trish, this could have been easier to do but then the gang wouldn't have joined him.

>(knowing that he doesn't have one)
BASED

Pathetic. Araki explicitly said that Mista is the straightest character in Part 5 and that he kills homosexuals for fun.

This. Literally pointed out that Mista would have killed a gay man for making a move on him in prison.

I like that DP showed La Squadra’s reaction to Sorbet and Gelato’s disappearance and discovery. And especially how they showed that it Cioccolatta that killed them, with Secco recording it all.

Attached: 7896FB80-C6E7-4204-905A-D6AABBDA17C6.jpg (500x282, 21K)

laid back and 2cool4school

what the fuck? is araki a homophobe?

>starts off as dio-lite i.e. piece of shit and full of himself but not world-dominating psychopath (so similar personality to what his brothers had)
>over course of the story he feels more and more compelled to act like jonathan
>if there's time and the pacing allows for it, have him realise that being total gentleman weakens him and he has to have a balance between his kind heart and arrogant dominance to achieve his goals
>completing this character arc somehow is what gives him the opportunity to use the requiem arrow

Attached: 1555726465675.png (550x380, 315K)

I want to reread Jojolion from the beginning, because reading it in ongoing was a terrible idea, should I start now or wait? I feel like it's approaching the end.

Attached: jojolion.jpg (600x856, 74K)

I agree with this hugely. The creative liberties taken so far have been awesome and made La Squadra really shine while also teasing the rest. Everything featuring them has only made me love them even more.
Diegofag, if you're still out there, I'm so happy for you. Prosciutto was phenomenal and I hope it brought you incredible joy.

low quality OC incoming

Attached: JOESTAR system.jpg (623x343, 74K)

What about staying loyal to your wife?

What happens when you run out of Dio?

Attached: jojo autism.png (2000x2276, 3.87M)

Joseph didn't follow that step.

Attached: JoJo12.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

Only jonathan and joseph bear the name user. Kujos have their own way.

Attached: johnny.jpg (452x620, 45K)

Seeing Risotto staying in the church, despite telling the others to forget about Sorbet and Gelato, was a bit sad.

Diego is close enough.

How is jojo so popular when it's doing bad both in manga and anime sales?

Because it has style and substance. It's been waiting for 30 years to finally make a splash in the US.

On that note, I noticed in Japan no one gave a fuck about it while I was there. Real bummer desu.

As everyone should be desu

Wait, it gets to shitty to recomend.

hmm, but i don't jonathan is popular either. dio was just a huge meme.

based

Araki will have to cancel jojo since it doesn't make money anymore

Proof?

right here nigga
deez nutz

jojolions still got a little more than a year, could go longer than 2 years

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded..........

*slurps your nuts*

eww nigga dats gayyyy

Attached: thanks_doc!.gif (329x302, 71K)

NO NO NO, FUCK YOU!

Hank pls go

As a delusional naive boy, he wants to be a mafia boss but dosen't seem to fully grasp or understand what that means.

Reread it now once and a second time when it's finished.

Hank Hill?

based

BASED

Based

No, he just writes ""homophobe"" characters

BASED

Like Dio and every bit the prick he is, except he’s on the same side as the good guys.

So more or less Diego at the end of SBR (not AU Diego).

Giorno's original quirk was that he was a thief with a heart of gold. It's only when he joins Passione that his quirk disappears.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 134K)

He stole 100 cars

Did you go in figure stores? Every single one I went to had a JJBA section, no exception. Clearly somebody cares.

how can there still be retards spamming this meme when we have the anime that's made him stand out a fuck ton more?

Seething

Which kind of invalidates the heart of gold bit

Making him stand out more just makes his lack of personality even more obvious.

Maybe he has a silver soul

Is this a Pokemon reference?

Based

put him on la squadra and have him observe/kill whatever hitman of the week bruno's gang fights out of a sense of justice or whatever

he joins the gang after bruno fights king crimson because they have the same goals at that point

it's not that it dissapears, but since everyone else is a thief with a heart of gold, then it renders it moot

I hope Gio and Mista are having fun at Disney land!

Attached: 1558275866414.png (594x303, 375K)

We only have 5 weeks and 9 episodes. How they will do it? OVAS?

What are you talking about?

Yes, he even claimed that he is greatly dissapointed with western fans since the anime attracted a lot of homos.

5 weeks for what

>with western fans since the anime attracted a lot of homos.
>western fans
It's true westernfags are big homos but he should be blaming the japan fujos if anything. In fact, I'm sure that jojo is 90% fujo dominated

>mfw I only just now realise Bossu's seiyu is the same guy who did voice for Tsumugu Kinagase
Guess that explains why I get a boner every time Bossu appears.

Attached: 1500358061154.gif (300x300, 2.46M)

5 weeks for the end of the season (spring).
Normally when an anime exceeds the number of chapters per season (13) it usually has to publish ovas for the remaining chapters (Examples: god eater, Kekkai Sensen, Bakemonogatari)

BDs have 39 episodes total, so i guess that isnt happening with part 5.

it could be like Boggiebop that has a extrange number of episodes (18)

The rest will air normally like part 4's did.

Part 4 doesn't have recaps like part 5
So 13+13+13=39

Why is there a big overlap between people who like JoJo and people who like trash like Rick and Mortuary?

youtube.com/watch?v=bbujU9Jp6h0
>that Catch The Rainbow

Attached: 1554031086596.gif (360x276, 2.42M)

Is there?

yes

Reminder.

Attached: f9a.jpg (500x740, 111K)

>Kira
>it is literally in his nature to kill and he just can't help himself but to enjoy murder
>somehow ends up in "do evil things because of the situation they find themselves in"
Stopped reading there

yikes

An extremely polite asshole who fucks you up when you're a roodypoo

He finds himself in a situation where he had to obey his fetish.
There, brainlet.

Swap Pussy and Cars and you get a basically flawless list.

>muh kkk
vs
>WRONGED and BETRAYED by his entire species

I remember this meme.
Good times.

can you imagine actually gauging how good a villain is mainly on their motives

He only killed Shigechi, the shopkeeper, Kosaku and set up Bites the Dust to kill everyone else who was after him, because he had to.

He has never done anything evil other than that.

Name a good villain with retarded motives. I dare you.

And also the countless other people he murdered???

>other people
Didn't he kill women?

You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Why do you guys from reddit hate Kira so much?

Based

Yea Forums chad

Redditcuck

ABSOLUTELY REDPILLED

Did anyone make a JoJo character tier list yet? Or should I make one? One per part or all at once?

>brainlet attempts to justify his shitty "r8 me plzzzzz" tier list
toppest of keks
Yeah, and then he struggles like an addict in the subway stations and at work whenever females do anything at all, be that brush their hair or put one hand on top of the other.
tl;dr Kira was a great villain, this tier list is shit

Based.
Cringe.

Attached: 1557276243939.gif (350x340, 1.7M)

Summer came early this year, huh?

Retard list. All that matters for a villain is presentation.

Is this really the state of Kirafags?

Kira is god.

There's not really time to steal shit for fun when you're busy being hunted by the entire mafia.

I agree.

Kira is probably a bigger tween magnet than DIO.

Reminder.

Attached: 0fk5wmj59mly.jpg (928x1440, 316K)

Kars is Elder God tier too
>Wanted to be perfect and conquer the one weakness of his species, the sun
>his people betray him for it

He really doesn't. The only people he kills are the ones who volunteered for the test but can't get Stands.
That old dude's death was 100% on Giorno's shoulders, Polpo never meant for it.

Attached: jojo tiers.png (1280x612, 321K)

Not really, but I think that Giorno killing him is more of statement than anything. Something like:
>you hurt innocents once and that's one too many times for me

Have DIO being his dad way more relevant to him, like he discovers how bad of a dude his dad was and has to deal with it.

GOLDEN
WIND

Attached: 99D6FA96-CB39-4620-B640-B5452FEA42B6.gif (500x285, 989K)

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Ripple: The energy produced from far east breathing techniques
Hamon: Ripple's applications with the body such as healing and martial arts

GET IT RIGHT YOU FAGGOTS

Wheres jotaro?

He was also a clever, wise cracking scoundrel. But after entering passione he becomes the silent, purely logical character.

And when a character eviscerates his gentlemanly code he goes full Dio savage on em.

>Valentine
>Hard to find fault in

wheres the pv picture?

True, he lost his smugness. Giogio is like an introvert who gets quiet among other people

Attached: 8BF1F516-3248-404B-ADC5-EF0874F63390.png (1334x750, 1.2M)

None today, wait until tomorrow.

I'd be all about it but I don't believe it.

Seething incel

Says the manchild.

Kira died for the Thot Patrol. Rest in peace you absolute mad lad.

>we must impeach!

>tfw part 6's sons of dio bullshit literally killed any uniqueness giorno may have had by being Dio's son
Even if he was the only functional and relevant one, that was his only redeeming factor

>probably
Dio fans don't self insert as their favorite

Kira is literally the embodiment of Meh tier.

ded

Attached: Jotaro_Death_(Chapter_742).png (387x715, 679K)

*Mid tier

>doing everything for the good of his country
>not better than a cripple doing it to heal himself
Both were selfish to a degree, but at least Valentine wasn't doing it solely for himself.

The personality he originally had

It was kinda useless for them to be dios sons, couldve easily been puccis lost brothers or something.

>only functional
Lmao

Pucci is high tier

buccellati best jojo

Attached: blono buccariati.png (505x630, 354K)

Attached: jojo14.jpg (1920x1080, 410K)

>tfw no Bruno bf

Attached: gzpvq1p75yy21.png (1024x552, 876K)

Attached: jojo15.jpg (1922x1080, 406K)

I would make him the shy insecure Jojo, since he's 15 and is the first small, under 6'5 jojo that we've had.

Then I would let him slowly gain confidence, and let him become how he already is in the manga.

Attached: akkosleeep.jpg (823x900, 81K)

Time to continue Brunoposting

Attached: jojo38.jpg (1918x1080, 262K)

Yes please

Attached: 7559CA73-F973-43AD-B9A2-0AEC545CC526.png (1334x750, 1.02M)

Attached: jojo23.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

Fuck he's so handsome.

What makes him interesting in early part 5 is that he acts cocky but shits his pants when he is unprepared (Koichi, Bruno, 1st encounter with Polpo)

Attached: jojo56.jpg (1920x1080, 430K)

fugo a shit
A SHIT

Attached: jojo43.jpg (1920x1078, 768K)

I have never seen reddit get so angry over a based comment.

Attached: jojo44.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

Isn't Josuke like 5'11? Still taller than Gio through.

FACT

Attached: 097.jpg (628x848, 179K)

Attached: jojo34.jpg (1920x1078, 296K)

More like FUGONE!

Gone too soon. Is anyone else a little bit unsettled by the end of part 5 since giogio is an unstoppable godlike thing pls no spoil I haven't started part 6

Attached: jojo35.jpg (1920x1078, 266K)

Do you think they'll show Anasui as a girl first in the anime too?

never forget the funniest episode. based voice actor

Attached: HMMM.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

No

>since giogio is an unstoppable godlike thing
It won't matter after part 6.

A friend told me there's some retcon/reboot shit that happens. Oh well.

Attached: jojo20.jpg (1920x1078, 292K)

Attached: brunobossu.png (1291x721, 1.01M)

Please try harder in future

No reason to keep that inconsistency

Literally everyone (except 1 boy) dies.

Unironically this. Have an internal conflict of his evil nature trying to do it's thing, and Giorno knowing it's wrong, and trying to stay a good guy. Bring back Dario's and dios alcoholism that was abandoned about two minutes after it was mentioned.

why do i read spoiler tags

Attached: jojo37.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

This. I found it completely retarded that he is just handed the position of boss at the end just like that. How exactly can he even take it? Does anybody know how Diavolo even conducts his business? What the hell is his deal other than just being a paranoid autist? Diavolo and Passione in general make no sense at all and it just comes off as the most incompetent organisation ever. It's like Araki wanted to make another Kira with the whole hiding identity thing but just went completely overboard and it backfired immediately. Not to mention the fact that the entirety of this part takes place literally in a span of a single week.

If Giorno was to be a proper support JoJo within a team he's not leading, he would want to try and get Bruno to that position of new boss instead of himself, cus you know, that guy has actual experience and knowledge within the mafia, is working to get through the ranks and is not some rando thief off the street, you can make it an actual character arc for him to grow to acknowledge that or something, but the only reason Bruno gets taken out of the picture is so that Giorno can just ''win'' everything at the end. It's not earned and it's all entirely banking on the fact that he was given an insta win button stand at the last second, and then the author tries to justify the mess with ''well actually it was fate all alooong''.
Atleast the whole passing the torch/taking over mentor shit got handled better in SBR (and I'm no SBR-fag), but in the context of VA it just doesn't work.

It's ok, they are all fine.

He's lying. Only Narancia dies (Bruno is already dead) and everyone could tell that in the anime after Narancia saved the mafia boss's life, dooming Abbacchio in the process.

Thanks, user.
I assume he rose to power quickly in the same way the Boss did - having an unstoppable stand. It was very rushed, since it was the end of the part. I think a lot was just skipped.

Attached: jojo52.jpg (1922x1078, 335K)

I was talking about Stone Ocean.

Attached: Jolyne dies.jpg (1560x1200, 1.04M)

The only character with a functioning brain cell realises that the plot is taking a steep nosedive from that point on and bails out accordingly. Stay mad.

Part 6 Spoiler The universe is reseted and they're all "come back", but it's a different timeline, there's no Green Dolphin Prison, they don't have the same names and have different stories, except one boy

Attached: so_color_v17_128.jpg (1560x1200, 1.09M)

Fugo not actually a shit but I do think his stand would've been pretty useless in the battles to come. As a whole, I was somewhat disappointed with King Crimson. For being the third villain in a row whose major reveal is time powers, he wasn't nearly as terrifying as the others, partly because he kept punching massive fucking holes in peoples chests only for them to go on for another 10 episodes. rip abbachio
I managed to not read this. I'm sorry user. I'll start reading part 6 today.

Attached: jojo32.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

>Gappy being so low

Unacceptable.

Lost all his personality as jojolion went on.

I'm pretty immune to spoilers.
I got spoiled pretty much anything in JoJo except Gyro but I enjoyed it regardless

Best stu

Sure is

Attached: 3C20DDD5-5F4D-47EF-8C64-5FA00145786B.jpg (1200x998, 197K)

Don't worry user, nobody can really spoil Part 6 in one sentence.

>his stand would've been pretty useless in the battles to come.
The way the rest plays out maybe, but in a different story context as a character you could make him more of an information gatherer or something, as we're told he's supposed to be pretty smart (until Giorno completely takes over that role almost immediately so he's basically useless) and it would make for a nice contrast to the rest, as someone with a troublesome risky stand forced on focusing his efforts in a different way. I was generally pretty disappointed how underutilized the whole ''teamwork'' aspect of this supposedly close-knit team of miscasts was. It's the perfect premise for more elaborate tag-team battling and interactions, and while there are a few good ones(heck the train one is probably one of my favs in all JoJo's) most of it still boils down to one-on-ones and other characters conveniently become complete idiots when it suits Araki. And I have the same gripes with King Crimson, that's like the only thing he can do and is super cheap too.

Fugo was a hard counter to Diavolo though.

Replace "Hamon" with "Sendo" and you're golden.

To save thousands.

I have this perfume. The bottle has a big and juicy ass.

*heavy breathing*

Attached: 270px-Tony_Soprano[1].jpg (270x270, 12K)

JOLYNE IS NOT AN OBJECT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

>green haired Irene

>most of it still boils down to one-on-ones
Araki is just a huge dumbass. The fight with Sale only had 90% of Mista. The fight with Prosciutto only had 95% of Bruno. The fight with Biggie was 85% Trish.

I mean damn dude how can you build any type of camaraderie with your characters when they barely get any time to bond or even fight together half the time. This happens in all of the parts and you'd think he learn how to stop doing this when they're so short to begin with.

>Abbacchio took a bus to ascend to heaven.
>Bruno ascended to heaven accompanied by angels

Why does Araki hate Abbacchio so much?

I want to protect Bruno's smile

>stop time
>punch off his head

That turtle made it a little too easy for him to get rid of characters when he wanted to.

>Leaving out that American supremacy would come at the expense of LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE
>Leaving out that he wanted to turn America into a dictatorship with himself and his bloodline at its head

>Erase time
>Move out of Purple Haze's area of effect
>Get into position to give Fugo the donut treatment

I cant think of anything interesting that could have came out of him being an alcoholic. Sure it would be a character quirk, but would it have been a good character quirk?

Le quirks make everything better no matter what.

They removed all the sassy Bruno bits and it makes me a little sad.

And you'd think that would be the point of having a larger cast of characters together in the first place, but in instances where their IQ is not dropped through the floor when its convenient, he handles that by killing them off randomly through very stupid means, not because it's appropriate for their arc, but because he doesn't know what to do with them anymore cus he just makes shit up as he goes, and the deaths in VA are in fact some of the dumber ones in the series.

>if you don’t have a literal catchphrase you spout in every conversation you don’t have a personality

Jojolion

Prosciutto went down like a bitch and he shouldnt have died like that

Yeah, he’s evil, he’s still less selfish than Johnny.

more like
furetard

>how long he held on for
Certainly not like a bitch.
>that narancia death

Attached: jojo36.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

>implying the final boss isn't going to be Diego Brando from another another universe

This list does not follow the definitions you provided

Elder God Tier:
Pucci
Great Tier:
Valentine
Kars
High Tier:
DIO
Mid Tier:
Kira
Meh Tier:
Diavolo
None of them fit Shit Tier

Attached: 1539638477776.png (458x750, 198K)

Puccis motives are to stupid for elder god tier

None of these fit besides Kira.

Where do they fit then

>The only character with a functioning brain cell realises that the plot is taking a steep nosedive from that point on and bails out accordingly. Stay mad.
Well, this is true. Although it doesn't change that he is a character who had no purpose in the plot.

I'd argue about Jolyene also being in best tier, but other than that this list is absolutely correct.

Pucci believed everyone would be happier if they knew the ills they would face tomorrow, it's not like he's proven wrong on why that is by the heroes. I'd put Valentine in EG but he's kind of fucking up the rest of the world just for America.
Kars only slaughtered the rest of his clan because they opposed him. The Pillar Men did not have to murder any humans if they weren't guarding the Red Stone. Kars only goes crazy at the end to get revenge for his allies who Joseph killed.
DIO is not just evil. He wants to rule the world yes, but believes people will be happier under his rule. He offers people whatever they want if they side with him. He was also treated like shit by Dario.
Kira is obvious.
Diavolo is in meh because nothing else really fits him. He's not pure evil, his motives are 100% selfish, he does evil things in the name of his eternal climax, and he's not really trying to change society for the better. He's just a mentally ill guy. I don't think muh climax is necessary to his nature. I guess he dips into Meh and Mid.

I'd honestly say the same for both Bruno and Abbacchio, not quite as (fart noise) as Narancia, but the first one is only so it allows the completely flat MC to become boss at the very end even tho he's done nothing to deserve it, cus Araki forgot that Bruno is not actually ''the JoJo'' of the part so whoops we gotta propel that Giorno to the top fast to make him relevant I guess, and the latter is completely meaningless because it turns out the boss has no identity!...So why was he even concerned with them finding out what he looked like?... AND is 100% invincible apparently! sooo...well...better get that french hackerman ex machina and his win-mcguffin on the line, kinda wrote myself into a corner there. Like geez, atleast Kakyoin gave an actual clue to the team about Dio's power.

So he wouldn't do anything or interest with anyone?

Go back to MHA thread

If you didn't like King Crimson for not being terrifying enough, you'll probably like the villain of part 6. It's a nearly fully sentient long range stand that can act by itself, has its own personality, and fucks up Jotaro and puts him in a coma at the start of the part for the whole story until the very end.
It also evolves twice into a different stand

Attached: SO_Chapter_19.jpg (780x1200, 392K)

Either:
>give him stuff to do
>have his "dream" constantly be tested in situations where he has to actually step up and lead instead of everyone sucking his dick because "there's something about him that makes me think he's an amazing leader"
>constantly put Gio in moral dilemmas where he has to save his crew and have his good nature clash with and navigate the evils that come with being a literal gangster
>rewrite Purple Haze to be a stand that can preserve body parts with it's virus or melt them on the spot so 1: GE isn't a narrative Crutch Araki got too used to after having Crazy Diamond be able to undo all injury, and 2: not have to write Fugo out because Araki fucked up and made his stand too powerful

Admittedly there isn't much to salvage without a complete rewrite. It's not that Giorno poorly written, the problem is that he isn't written at all.

Attached: 1557893248897.jpg (800x608, 437K)

>it doesn't change that he is a character who had no purpose in the plot.
Well yes, because it's a badly thought-out plot.

>it's not like he's proven wrong on why that is by the heroes
It’s such an insane concept that it doesn’t need to be proven wrong.

>durr hurr donut meme
Why has the jojo fanbase become this fucking stupid? Nobody takes anything seriously anymore and everything gets shit upon by people who apparently only like it ironically now.
>JoJo fanbase of the past: Holy shit, Did you see what happened to Kakyoin? He got fucked up bad. RIP in peace, dude.
JoJo fans now: XD DONUT PUNCH/XD GAY VAMPIRE
This is a problem.
People need to die in order to solve it.

It has become literal Idiocracy and to think I used to defend this fanbase, it used to be something else. Animeonlys really do affect the overall perception of JoJo. They come in with their low attention spans, addiction to memes and lack of empathy and take the fucking HEART out of everything they touch.

Why are you so angry?

Switch Valentine and Jolyne

>purple haze
>too powerful
Almost every enemy they meet after purple haze's debut could've soloed fugo. Pesci, prosciutto, risotto, diavolo, ciocolatta... I guess he might've been able to beat cecco.

>Moves in for the kill
>Gets instantly infected
When time begins to move again, he's fucked in more ways than one.

It's funny how Fugo disappears and then he's never even mentioned.

>wait out purple haze, or find fugo
>freeze time
>punch fugo's head off, destroying his stand

>Fugo stays close to his stand so he has an impenetrable defense
>Freeze time anyways
>Get instantly infected because Diavolo loves donuts
MY POOR LITTLE DOPPIO

More like Whogo, right? ; )

>defense
>when they need to attack and kill diavolo
As long as he's not insulted, he can "tactically retreat" and disappear again. He may even have been able to kill giorno post-arrow if he got the drop on him with golden experience requiem not out.

Wait why didn't the stardust crusaders just fight Dio during the day

>Fugo stays close to his stand
>infects himself

>tactically retreat
I think my favorite scene in part 5 is Trish calling Diavolo a pussy and him gaining confidence from it.

kek forgot all about that. Yeah, Fugo wouldn't been pretty weak against most enemies in part 5. Could his virus have gotten though the ice armor that giogio and mista faced? Guess it depends on if the breathing hole is open. That snake being immune to fugo's virus so giogio could get antibodies was bullshit

Seethe

>>Fugo stays close to his stand
>>infects himself
God that's the dumbest shit. I must have spedread his fight the first time because I thought Fugo himself was immune to his stand. That just makes Purple Haze even more worthless. He can't even be near his CLOSE range stand. Literally how is Fugo alive.

they tried but bird problems kept them from finding his house until like 20 minutes before sundown and they had to spend that time playing video games

his anger is self-destructive :^)

Attached: jojo28.jpg (1920x1078, 231K)

They're also either left behind or incapacitated so they can't interact. Even shit like DBS knew how to do tag teams or group fights way better than Jojo and they were 80 fucking characters in the fucking ToP.

Fucking Goku and Frieza and the Androids had more teamwork and interactions than these isolated goons.

The one satisfying thing about JoJo's fights is that they are almost always won by the protagonists finding out a way to outsmart the enemy. Many other animes have better teamwork, but often devolve down to "the protagonists become stronger because it's time for them to win."

Based schizo.

Giorno could’ve just given the immunity to the entire team.

Hey, I just realized: Couldn’t Gold Experience be capable of summoning animals from dirt? He could probably be capable of siccing lions on people.

>Tactically retreat
>When they can just push the nigga
All Fugo has to do is sick Purple Haze on him and he's finished. Extra points if they have him cornered in open space and Narancia was still alive.

this show is not very good. slogged through literally every single season
I'll admit it has it's charm though

read the manga

what did you like about it?

>purple haze
>specifically said to possess a ''virus''
>infects characters through regular skin contact alone and not by entering mucous membranes or wounds like a virus would need to
> ''Its poison gas ability can do anything, but its host consciously restrains it. ''-Hirohiko Araki, JOJOVELLER Stand Guide page 152
>???

Attached: confusedchild.jpg (650x383, 48K)

>Can't tell if speedreaders, speedwatchers, or both
Abbachio clearly stated that Fugo is immune to Purple Haze's virus because that's his own damn stand. Would make Araki the king of the hacks if he pulled that dumbshit but of course Fugo is vulnerable to only long ranged attacks.

Since Diavolo is a close ranged fighter, he's fucked no matter what he does.

>Q10: Will Fugo die from the abilities of Purple Haze?
>A: He would die.

I like how his stand has a plethora of powers and its still the most underutilized stand in the series.

>Implying Araki "remembers" or didn't retcon the stand's limitations
>No source

Attached: tumblr_inline_nntvuqd0KA1r10hbr_640.jpg (540x960, 178K)

I would make him exactly like Bruno in every single way including backstory and stand power, and then remove Bruno.

"Purple Haze is OP" fags btfo

You know that Giorno could’ve just made the whole team immune to Purple Haze after Man in the Mirror. It’d allow Fugo to let loose in fights without getting the other Gangstars killed.

Did Araki also forget that any damage done to Golden Experience lifeforms is dealt back to the attacker, and anyone hit by Golden Experience's blows has their consciousness go berserk, leaving behind a horribly slowed body?

You know, I wonder what kind of stuff was going through Araki’s head when he was making Part 5. Was all of this just a consequence of him having to meet his schedule and not having enough time to think of more interesting stuff with his heroes?

Should've stuck with just creating small animals and plants and not the Crazy Diamond ripoff he turned out to be.

he retconned that shit, he didnt forget.

Doesn't change a thing, Fugo needs to go on the offensive to hit Crimson and couldn't possibly land a blow. Meanwhile, Diavolo could hide, and attack Fugo with time stopped whenever he pleased.

jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Interview_Archive#2005

I don't doubt you, but when was that established? I'm a pleb who only started reading when I ran out of adapted episodes, so after abbachio

Attached: jojo19.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

The same personality that he already has - an interesting blend of Dio's raw ruthlessness and Jonathan's gentlemanly demeanor. But hey, PaRt 5 SuCkS

>The same personality that he already has
>an interesting

Hah! No.

He didn’t retcon anything, he just never brought it up again. That’s like saying Kira not using Sheer Heart Attack after the first fight with him is a retcon.

Part 5 is really fucked since he for some reason thought 4 introverted and stoic characters in the main cast who never truly develops was a good decision. Parts 1-4 were also pretty good because not only did the main cast get to relax and bond with one another in various moments of the series but they each actually had a specific theme that the story revolved around.

The only thing you get out of Part 5 is how everyone dickrides Giorno for every single thing or how the man with the bigger resolve gets to asspull a win.

Dude, that’s protagonistic guile. It’s an aspect, not a personality.

But Kira can choose if he wants to use Sheer Heart Attack or not.

cool read

Based and Redpilled
Im seething for that Jonathan in shit tier tho...

Seems like either forgetting or retcon. Sheer Heart Attack was an active power, whereas Golden Experience fucking people up on touch just stopped happening.

Attached: jojo17.jpg (1920x1080, 659K)

''Nisio: In Jojo, the fights are one-on-one, or at most two-on-two, aren’t they?
Araki: That’s true. If there’s too many people, it’ll become like one of those old war manga. That seems tiring to just to write, so two-on-two is the most for me.''

Seems like something he's self-admittedly simply not good at so yep.

he just dropped them, no reason to believe he forgot. "araki forgot" is just a meme and what actually happens is "araki changed his mind"

I think part of it, according to one anonymous poster from a few years ago, is that Araki (or the editors) wanted Giorno to become the next Jotaro - an uber-popular counterculture figure that all the readers would want to be and thus be entranced into buying more Jump so that they could get more of him. So they kept him as cipher as possible and had all the characters worship him in the hopes that the readers would follow suit. And it apparently worked, too, according to that guy.

>according to one anonymous poster from a few years ago
these threads in a fucking nutshell

>Only made a frog, turtle, fish, and two fucking snakes
>No sharks, orcas, elephants, hippos, or a giant squid
Giorno is the amalgamation of Killing Bites and Araki had to make him a bitch ass zookeeper.

>that seems tiring to just to write
And yet you’re just fine with writing setpiece filler fights that go on for entire volumes, like White Album or The Clash/Talking Heads?

>I know I can't prove it but trust me, more so than Araki himself!
pathetic

character/stand designs mostly. wacky fights like joseph vs ad/dc and josuke vs kira were also fun
what upsets me the most is that 99% of characters are fucking useless and wasted potential

>Abbachio clearly stated that Fugo is immune to Purple Haze's virus because that's his own damn stand.
Where? I just double checked the chapter and I never saw him say that.

Hey, if you have any sources on whether Giorno got big or not during or after Part 5 was running, I’d be happy to read them.

jojo is literally just fights (that range from amazing to horrendous) and fashion with decent writing sometimes sprinkled on top.

>Dude he's like his dad Dio, but also, GET THIS, like his other dad, Jonathan!

I'm sick of hearing this shit. Giorno isn't a composite character. He's too reserved and in control of his emotions for that. Dio being his dad is a thing purely so he'd be connected to the Joestars somehow, and Araki took the opportunity to plunder some catchphrases. That's it. Johnny is closer to a Dio/Jonathan hybrid than Giorno ever was.

Attached: yeah I'm gonna need you to move away from me.jpg (312x346, 30K)

>Part 5 is really fucked since he for some reason thought 4 introverted and stoic characters in the main cast who never truly develops was a good decision.
Who are the four? I've got Bruno, Trish and Giorno. Mista, Fugo, Abbachio and Narancia are static, but aren't introverted or stoic. Part 5 does suck, though.

Attached: beavis and butthair.jpg (497x370, 26K)

>that go on for entire volumes
That was the part I was trying to emphasize, sorry I didn’t make it clear.
Seriously, I’m fine with Araki’s monster-of-the-week storytelling, since that’s pretty much what Part 3 was, but when it’s padded out to such stupid lengths like Part 5 is, it just gets obnoxious. And because the anime adaptation is so goddamn insistent on being scenario-faithful to the source material, it ends up getting dragged down with it. There were so many goddamn things that DP could’ve done to improve on Part 5, but instead they just make do with adding in a story about Fugo getting molested as a child and nothing else.

The Little Feet dude blowing a dude up with a car was a pretty good addition.

He's wrong user don't worry not everyone dies.

It made their job look too easy which undermines their motivation of wanting to get paid more.

Why do people want character development in part 5
Vento Aureo is just a week, charac develop would not make sense

Maybe Vento Aureo should not be just a week?

do they ever say why they wanted to be paid more?

This.

Abba and Fugo tend to have stoic facades over hair-trigger tempers. He probably meant Abbacchio, though, since while both end up just disappearing after Man in the Mirror, Abba actually dies while Fugo just gets bused never to return, and you’d probably be excused for forgetting he even existed because of it.

Attached: Hitman Team.png (435x700, 476K)

She is an object for black men.

Other teams like the ones that handled the international drug trade made way, way more money than the assassins, who had the hardest job. The assassins figured they could slyly seek the boss and take of the organization, so two members got iced, and then they were mad.

Their original motivation of wanting to get paid more isn't supposed to be sympathetic. Their team members getting horrifically tortured to death, murdered and then shipped back in slices is supposed to be sympathetic.

Attached: mister president.png (489x435, 361K)

>Araki: But if Tokyo is the main setting, then it’s all right. I first came up with the concept of “Stands” when I was in Egypt, since the people over there looked really suspicious. So I thought they were all bad guys.
based and redpilled

Attached: INCREDIBLY smug kakyoin.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

Precisely all of that, and it pains me because I love the premise of it as an Italian bizarre adventure mixed with gangs and stands, it has tremendous potential with alot of its ideas, locations and characters, but Araki really completely stumbled over himself and fell into trap after trap along the way, tried to shoehorn in ideas from previous parts (that were better executed there) and then dial them up to 11 so it crumbles. It strangely remains my ''favourite'' and least favourite JoJo part at the same time.

Which is a pretty stupid way of looking at it when you think about it. Obviously the drug team is going to get paid more when they're the ones that actually generate income for the gang. The assassins are pretty much leeching off of what the other teams earn.

But the reason why they were murdered is because they wanted to betray the boss for money. So it's not sympathetic either.

and gen 4 pilled

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that any number of people could probably handle the drug team's job, whereas people who were capable of performing on the assassination team were likely very rare. I tend to agree with you, the drug team was bringing in far more money.

Attached: jojo48.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

that was the two fags, the others were more after revenge.

Based faggy

I forgot about that. Let me completely backpedal and instead claim that the Execution Squad's sympathetic elements come from their bond with one another and not their greedy motivations.

Attached: bruno prints.jpg (640x826, 106K)

They all wanted money. Even Risotto wanted to own territory.

Attached: x3.jpg (780x1200, 605K)

God I would have loved to watch a smug Giorno instead of an autist one, fuck Araki.

That's why I think it was a mistake for the anime to make their job look so easy.

See, I really dug the start of both of those two fights, but they just devolve horribly, White Album goes to shit when they reach the docks with the resolve bullshit and Clash//Talking Head had absolutely NO right in being a Narancia-only fight, come on Araki.

A bond that we never get to see.

It was probably a mistranslation I read but Fugo can control it from 5 meters. It says nothing Fugo being a possible victim as well.

Does it say anything about him being immune?

>doesn't sing about fries because he's been in deadly situations trying to save his mother
>hurr no personality

It’s Abbachio because he rarely shows any emotion unless Giorno is present and it’s always anger. Fugo is extremely emotional no matter what the situation but he’s basically Kakyoin with a personality.

>Clash//Talking Head had absolutely NO right in being a Narancia-only fight, come on Araki.
You know, if Araki had just let Fugo stay, he could’ve kept his Crying Wolf scenario around (albeit written differently so that Talking Heads’s function isn’t so fucking obviously sabotage and is actually stronger than what it is) and turned it into a character moment about the trust those two share, instead of just making it yet another “All glory to Giorno” scenario.

Maybe they shouldn’t be in danger in every damn waking moment. Part 3 was like this but it was still an actual month that allowed time for bonding in less serious fights.

>basically Kakyoin with a personality
Hey, don’t you go dissing Seahorse Boy.

It said neither.

You do know that Fugo could just fling the capsules at Diavolo, right? Unless Diavolo has Made In Heaven, he’s fucked no matter what he tries.

The fights would be more unsatisfying if everyone just dogpilled the enemy, though. Araki uses one-on-one fights to focus on a specific character and give them time to shine. Admittedly Part 5 isn't perfect with this (lol Trish) but it's a valid form of writing fights.

These complaints also apply way more to Stone Ocean, which has the crew isolated for no reason and Hermes literally kicked out of several fights. Araki got his shit together with SBR which is just two characters vs everyone else and Jojolion which has a smaller, tighter team.

>Their team members getting horrifically tortured to death, murdered and then shipped back in slices is supposed to be sympathetic.

The only thing we know about them is that they were part of the assassin squad and apparently a pair, that's it, why should we care about either of them or the rest of La Squadra Jobberoni? They just come across as a bunch of assholes that want money. And all cept one get wiped literally in a span of a single day. No wonder they're being paid like shit. Formaggio is probably the only one actually suitable for the job.

So these complaints just seem to boil down to the fact that Part 5 is a face-paced brutal part even though that's the entire point. It's not a seinen, it's shonen for kids that want fights and action.

>diavolo can effortlessly dodge Aerosmith's barrage of bullets
>lmoa just fling capsules at him

Attached: jojo18.jpg (1918x1078, 284K)

>it's bad because that's the entire point
Then maybe that shouldn't have been the point? No other part of Jojo has this problem, no other shonen series has this problem.

>No other part of Jojo has this problem, no other shonen series has this problem.
all pre 7 parts have this problem because theyre too short, also other shonen series are way longer than part 5 so they get to build the characters way more effectively.

>Giorno was basically a calmer Jotaro who loved being an asshole
>All of this characterization goes away after he joins the group
He might’ve actually been right since Part 5 is for some reason the most popular season even though that makes no fucking sense given the character nerfing.

Stone Ocean is a lot worse about this actually.

It's popular among a certain demographic

>all pre 7 parts have this problem

i.e. the fujo demographic, which wants to slurp Giorno right out of his leather bodysuit.

Attached: happy fireworks.png (719x708, 529K)

Stone Ocean had no character development because the entire story took place within a week?

>The fights would be more unsatisfying if everyone just dogpilled the enemy
We’re not really asking for dogpiles. In fact, when he makes convincing reasons for why they can’t just dogpile, like with Grateful Dead or Notorious BIG, it’s understandable. The problem is, again, the distribution of screentime with the characters. Trish managing to succeed where all the other Gangstars couldn’t is fine in isolation. The fact that it’s her only moment of not being a load, though, is obnoxious.

>it's shonen for kids that want fights and action
>Araki fucks this up badly by taking characters out of fights on both sides for some reason
You just contradicted yourself with that one.

yes all pre 7 have every character be a waste of potential, one quirk men or just not a character at all

Exactly, I can think of so many scenarios where you'd get to actually see how these characters bounce off each other during fights based on their relations, it's just ripe for good team battles, but nope, there's just SOMETHING about that Giorno guy...

Attached: 1538765462854.jpg (960x1620, 868K)

Haven’t all the Jojos been popular with fujoshi and bara crowds? Literally all you need to do is have your characters be a bunch of pretty boys who get stuck in homoerotic situations. I don’t buy that Part 5 would be any more popular just cause of Giorno x Mista arbitrarily being more popular than Josuke x Rohan.

None of the parts besides 5 is as short as a single week.

Attached: jojo33.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

A lot of people who don’t like Giorno still like Part 5.

If you don't mindlessly praise everything in Part 5 you are a shitposter.

Why not? Isn't that how popularity works?

>We're still arguing over Araki's writing quality
The man has stated that he makes shit up 2 fights in advance and that's it, expecting a well put together story or character development in a narrative which mainly exists to fulfill Araki's mental "who would win in a fight" scenarios is autistic.

Attached: haikyuu face.jpg (214x235, 5K)

The villains shouldn’t counted out either. Since this part surprisingly had two fights with two villains, there could’ve been more 2v2s or at least a 3v3 instead of just outnumbering one villain because the main cast have weaker stands.

He could’ve even had some of the villains retreat like Hol Horse instead of having them job instantaneously all the time.

that doesnt matter, what matters in building a character is them doing things and interacting with others in front of the reader. we dont get this in jojo because its divided in short parts that dont allow characters to grow through a narrative except for the few that do appear later.

I’m basically asking “show me statistics”, but in aspie-talk.

>jolyene going from a relentless delinquent to a person who can accept her past and be a good person about
>annasui started off as a brutal murderer with no humanity who gradually makes friends and regains something to live for
>foo fighter lives out her short life and experiences what it is like to be a human and dies without any regrets
>jotaro learns that to truly protect his daughter from all the crazy shit that is going on, he actually needs to be there to protect her
Yeah, definitely no character development unlike part 5, which is the magnum opus of Jojo and all battle manga.
Go suck a cock.

>that doesnt matter
That's what this whole conversation is about

Except the way it’s being done this time is boring, what the fuck is so hard to get about that?

Wasn’t that after the timeskip? The capsules aren’t the problem, it’s what inside the capsule that’s the problem.

Then why are some parts good and some parts aren't?

>''dodge''
>you mean erase the entirety of the ''''time'''' the bullets hit him but keeping the '''results''', even tho it doesn't cus he still doesn't end up shot

KC is a load of incomprehensible bullshit

I had this dream last night where Diavolo just completely humiliates the Parts 4 and 5 casts combined. I have no idea why.

Lucky streaks and whether or not Araki is in a slump just spinning his wheels.

Attached: ecstasy of the golden ratio.png (1366x768, 793K)

Diavolo is outside fate in skipped time, how many times does this shit have to be explained.

People need to stop apeing the shitty cause-and-effect explanation from the bad translation and accept the superior Araki Fate Bullshit explanation.

what are you talking about, le reddit has lots of posts about the gang looking down on homophobia and racism cuz that's wack and not epic

As many times as it takes for “I erased half a second of time so that Aerosmith’s barrage goes right through me” to make sense.
So basically infinity.

But I need people to believe the cause-and-effect explanation so that I can then use it to push my incorrect theory about how GER works.

I thought you guys hated Jolyne

Imagine how Araki would feel if he knew westerners were using his characters as a mouthpiece to push degeneracy.

Why? Is “Everything-Proof Shield” really such a hard concept to grasp for you idiots?

Wait, I thought fascists were anti-homosexuality? And yet you’re calling it degenerate to be a homophobe?

Part 5 is basically a rehash of Part 4 anyway but without the comedy, interactions, and SOL shenanigans. Araki should’ve added Josuke, Koichi, Rohan, and Yukako into the plot instead of having Bruno, Narancia, Trish, and Fugo fuck up the series.

> Mixture of Dio and Jonathan
> Jonathan was all about pure autistic good and determination
> Old Dio was about rising to the top no matter the consequences. He was also cunning and devious.
Giorno would be the kind of guy who aims to the top to change the world into better place. His definition of good would be slightly naive. Good tyrant you could say. He'd also be a cunning guy until his friends get hurt - which is when emotions get a hold on him and cause his calm facade to fall off.
I think he kinda is like that, but he gets nearly no exposition so all we get are his neutral responses. Araki fucked up by not making him a leader of the group but I guess he liked Bruno too much.

I'm really not asking for much, but there's a difference between rule-of-cool enjoyable ''jojo bullshit'' and ''complete bullshit'' which is just frustrating and not enjoyable, and this part crosses that line alot unfortunately.

How did he humiliate them?

I'm talking about ledditors using Jojo characters to push gayness.

It’s a rehash of Part 3, not Part 4. How are you this fucking retarded?

>Be more concerned about the mission and be serious is the same as not showing emotions

I had a dream where Bruno didn't die in part 5 and part 6 had Bruno as the protagonist taking orders from Giorno, who secretly turned evil after becoming the boss without Bruno's knowledge. I have no idea why.

Nothing sexual, sadly. Just fighting them all by himself with King Crimson and beating them to a pulp. Also for some reason there was this idea where they used burning cigars to tell when time was skipped.

Better than cutting yourself like an emo.

How is it like 3?

Except that other dude was saying that Reddit WAS homophobic. See, retards like you are why fascism doesn’t look credible.

>retards like you are why fascism doesn’t look credible.
I seriously doubt that.

>Jojo and a team of Stand users take a sightseeing tour around the world/Italy trying to protect some woman from an evil overlord and his army of Stand users

It's still complete crap in either one of those two scenarios, the fate bullshit is just a self-fulfilling prophecy and writing trap cus whatever Araki decides happens in the next 10 seconds at any given moment, happens.

Im not autistic enough to answer that question because Giorno is fine

Gay priest believes that world is deterministic due to how fucked up his backstory was. He wants others to know it as well. He goes to great tier.
Kira is an autist. He goes to midtier.
Meh and shit are the same. Both Dio and Kars deserve it. But at least Dio styles on Jonathan and focuses on making him as miserable as possible as a kid.
Bossu is shit. His main evil deed is being a mafia boss. He does it to get loads of money. His autism in covering his past is just a side activity.

Character quirks are only good once you've given them seven user :)

Should any of the characters get an Italian accent in the dub? If so, which ones?

This part has some of the coolest and most unique fights, which is the main meat of Jojo's. Harping on this specific part for a weak point that every other part shares in different amounts when it's not even the main focus is nitpicking. You read parts 3-6 primarily for the fights, nothing else

4fags are always down-syndrome tier which is how they could stomach that directionless mess and excuse it as "slice of life"

I'd rather have composite Giorno than bland plot device Giorno

I don't think it would work. They should be speaking Italian in-universe. Italian accents work more for characters like Caesar or Tonio who come from Italy but aren't speaking Ilatian.

you're talking to actual retards so don't put too much effort in

>whatever Araki decides happens in the next 10 seconds at any given moment, happens.
Its almost like hes writing the manga, you can shit on plot conveniences as much as you want, but your post was just dumb.

Too bad, he's the product of years of heritage building up a collected and driven antagonistic hero after 4 parts of reactionary cunts

Part 4 only cus of the whole mystery surrounding the antagonist aspect, except its done horribly this time around.

What's the point of a fight if you don't care about the people who are fighting?

>Part 4 is about finding multiple characters and then Kira’s two identities
>Part 5 is about finding Diavolo
>Both villains try and fail to get rid of everyone who’d love to fuck them up since they want to enjoy their lives of crime
You’d have to be brain damaged to not see the exact same premise being copy and pasted here.

>part 4
>mystery surrounding the antagonist
there is no mystery surrounding Kira, stop perpetuating this retarded meme. Araki tells you who the killer is right after he implies there is one

That's your problem, autist
Almost every character in part 5 is given a sympathetic background that you are shown, outside Fugo and Trish

>4 parts of reactionary cunts
And all of them were better than Giorno

Giorno is deus ex machina: the character

Uragirimono no Requiem > Fighting Gold

>This part has some of the coolest and most unique fights
It does, and that's why it's frustrating when the rest of it just doesn't add up or build upon the potential. And I don't mind there being ''weaker'' fights, that's inevitable.

Do you really believe that sympathetic backstories are acceptable replacements for actual character?

Yeah probably.

Josuke is an inconsistent mess and definitely not better than Giorno, you only like him because he's a basic highschool bitch just like every other character in that trash part
just go watch YYH

Except the heroes were technically the villains for awhile since they were working for the main villain and the stand users they fought were against said villain like they are now.

>Part 3 is about finding Dio
>Part 5 is about finding Diavolo
>Both villains try and fail to get rid of everyone who’d love to fuck them up since they desire becoming invincible and ruling over their desired domain
Two can play that game, dude.

define actual character, I get this feeling you mean something along the lines of
>y man maek no funneh 4 me 2 laff @??/

Part 4's characters being inconsistent is part of its themes.

they both suck, the entire adaptation blows

>tfw read kick as fuck

Attached: 9878B376-1BA9-45FD-89AF-46DFDBD57BFF.png (369x638, 554K)

Not really. Their motivations (protecting Trish and staying alive) and the motives of their opponents (SELL DRUGS) still never change, it’s just that the Gangstars go from killing rogue mafiosos to being rogue mafiosos.

>i-its all about the themes!!
remember when f/a/gs shit on part 5fags for saying this same thing?
its almost like Jojofags have no clue what they're talking about and their critical thinking just involves random words they know are related to writing but they have no actual concept of

Shit taste

Part 5 isn't really a sightseeing tour since they all live in Italy and Diavolo's "army of stand users" is five people.

If you actually care about any of them besides Giorno, Abbachio, Mista I guess, and Trish’s tits and ass, you’re reading this series wrong.

I agree

Attached: 1444E641-2A7A-46BE-AEAC-BFF66373DC6B.jpg (1270x720, 152K)

I still shit on them for saying it, don't know what you're on about.

I agree, anyone who likes the adaptation past part 3's tarot arcs DOES have shit taste because DP is a crap tier studio who burnt out fast

>He goes to great tier.
How was he forced to do any of the things that he did?

Attached: D7NfZoSUwAE0jWx.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

All the rogue mafiosos worked for Diavolo too, though, so they’re technically his henchmen.

Give me your best stand and it's ability named after Weird Al's song.

Attached: 808.jpg (946x1076, 284K)

I’m sad there’s never going to be more animated and voiced content of Abbacchio

Attached: F24F4B90-1A28-4C35-8A70-66FB7616677E.gif (542x309, 2.16M)

just thinking out loud after reading this bait post

I meant just the idea of protags pursuing (to them) a mysterious individual and him trying to hide the fact he's the serial killer. And while Kira has good reasons for acting the way he does, the Boss is just some paranoid crackhead.

Isn't he in sleeping slaves?

How is Josuke inconsistent? Are you just a jealous bitch or something?

Amish Paradise
Prevents DP from ever using Coolio

>part 3s tarot arcs
>with those horribly stretched fights like the sun, wheel of fortune, lovers and high priestess

>And while Kira has good reasons
>muh quiet life
>muh killing wimminz
>muh good luck fortune telling nailz
oh you're just being autistic

You have to go back

> they're all "come back"
I understand why people say this but that's so wrong, they don't have the same memories and arguably different relationships with each other

In truth the people you see during part 6 and the people at the end of it are completely different

The Joker
Joffrey Baratheon
Yoshikage Kira

>Are you just a jealous bitch or something?
Jealous of what, do you project onto Josuke or something fag?
I can see why since his character is just w/e Araki feels like that day so it would be pretty easy to self-insert onto his unworked mold

Godot

I think that's just an issue of personal philosophy. Araki considers them to be the same at least.

Based

They knew who Dio was and basically where to find him. They had no clue who Diavolo was or where his bitch ass was hiding.

Weird time for then to post a pv, also does this mean theyre changing green day and oasis scenes around?

>Part 5 isn't really a sightseeing tour since they all live in Italy
You know about every corner of your country just cus you live in one specific area of it?

the pacing is fucked because they planned for 48 episodes from the start like the retards they are, but the tarot episodes have more actual quality than Egypt and the rest of what is animated so far

Why don’t you explain the bullshit you’re spouting instead you insecure Giornofag?

It’s almost as if Yea Forums is made up of many people with diverse opinions.

They also had a legitimate reason to go after DIO, unlike Part 5.

you first, we don't need more pissona kiddies who need a japanese highschool setting filled with basic tropes to enjoy anything

Technically, they did. That island in Venice was his base of operations, wasn’t it? It’s more that they thought figuring out his identity could lead to finding a weakness they could exploit to defeat him.

>Josuke is an inconsistent mess and definitely not better than Giorno,
He is

Girono lost his fucking personality the moment he joined the group. He then gets the typical "haha shit on the new guy" trope until he gives everyone a "resolve" which magically fixes everyone's problems and then everyone sucks his dick and praises him.

He then gets a fucking invincible stand on top of his fucking bland personality which already reinforces the idea of him just being a bad plot device.

No it was just a random meeting place he chose.

Animation isnt the only thing that matters, vanilla ice and darby had way better direction than any of the tarot fights.

more like the same 5 archtypes all same thinking and arguing with each other to no end

i would have given him more times to show his more ruthless side
seems like araki wanted that to be a key part of his character considering how he starts off pretty morally ambiguous
but you don't really see him really express that when he needs to be the noblest guy among gangsters

Funny since I never mentioned any of that stuff, you're clearly getting butthurt about something and projecting it on to me. Learn how to form actual arguments before you try to start shit.

Josuke goes from aloof and kind, to a goofy twat mid part, to a serious combatant late part, but he never discards those old personalities and just shuffles through them whenever Araki feels like
get over it, part 4 is the weakest part because Araki was doing literally whatever he wanted until he hit his David Bowie hook

They still went from protecting Diavolo to wanting to kill him. It’s actually a very great storyline that Araki had to ruin with his monster of the week bullshit.

which is all built up to over the course of the entire story. He's the ultimate competent shounen protagonist.
if that makes you butthurt, fine, but its really not anyone's issue but your own

>Animation isnt the only thing that matters
>vanilla ice
animation was the only thing saving that arc from its shit pacing, having the one episode cut as Polnareff's earring fell was such an eyeroll moment, and the OVA did D'arby so much better DP might as well have skipped it

It still only affects the Part 6 cast.

you're an open book, user
its no use trying to argue with you when you're just gonna throw a tantrum when proven wrong like all shounen kiddies

>Josuke is an inconsistent mess
I want Josuke to be a mess on my dick!

Going on a train to a see a slightly different street corner in your own country is nothing like traveling through the world and experiencing other countries with their own languages and culture.

That’s what I’m saying. They had to do every possible thing they could muster to even see what the hell he looked like.

It affects everyone who died

Pucci.

When proven wrong about what? You haven't even tried to make a single point.

No it doesn't, no one is being retroactively changed by MiH except for those killed by it

>Weather Report

Kira and Pucci.

He's the ultimate Gary Stu and is a walking deus ex.

and you have yet to define
>actual character
so I could make any point at all about whatever retarded definition you have
instead you threw a fit and told me to
>go back

No, what King Crimson used to fuck up Bucciarati the moment he fought to save Trish would've allowed him to completely dodge the capsules, and thus not be near them when they burst open.

No more Pucci = different fate for Weather
grow a brain

Possibly, but I think it's more like the green day fight ends half way through the episode and then they move onto Oasis. I think there'll only be one more episode dedicated to the arc before we move onto porunareffu

you don't know what a
>gary stu
actually is, but yes he exists to solve the huge shitstorm that is to befall Bruno and co

Essentially, what's going to happen is going to happen. King Crimson doesn't move fast enough to dodge the bullets, but his ability lets him remove himself from the ramifications of being where he is. Nothing can touch him while his ability is active.

Attached: jojo55.jpg (1918x1080, 383K)

Pucci is a good villain but Kira is a non-threat and all around retard.

Even if the fights I mentioned had flaws they still had redeemable qualities compared to the tarot slog of mediocrity.

Because you unironically wrote
If you don't see the problem with this, there's no point in continuing. I'm only interested in rational discussion, keep your shitposting to yourself.

It doesn’t turn them into soulless husks after the second reset.

So you admit it doesn't matter if he was killed by MiH or not.

doesn't change my opinion on the total quality drop, DIO's World alone drags down the entire second half of 3 by being so shit in the anim

Nobody said it did

Have you ever left your hometown?

Maybe if you're an American

Giorno vs ciocco has tons of talking though, it would be kinda hard to condense into half an episode.

>throwing a fit to avoid defining actual character
>still demands arguments
autistic as shit, definitely think you should
>go back
first

Josuke changed because of Okuyasu’s influence, money problems, and the plot developments. He would’ve never used Shigechi and Rohan for money until he got corrupted by all the crazy shit going on.

Damn dude you could even say he was like that beforehand but nothing ever came up to bring that side out of him. What that your first anime or you’ve never seen a character get fleshed out before?

Doesn't have to be half way, can last the whole episode except for like 2 or 3 minutes at the end dedicated to secco

Nope, because Weather is one (1) exception and you can assume he's a hitchhiker because he discovers his relation to Perla in a different way and runs off rather than getting lynched
but you're probably too stupid to form that conclusion

I’ve seen people in these threads who still believe it.

>tfw Jotaro never sees punished Pol and what his friend has become

>not caring about Narancia

Attached: jojo53.jpg (1920x1080, 334K)

>one piece of undeniable evidence that proves me wrong isn't enough because I said so

sounds like you're drawing development out of nothing because he was never implied to have money problems and part 4 has barely any plot developments
Josuke's entire development happens in the very beginning with his grandfather's death where he decides he'll protect Morioh in his place
and then he just acts however Araki would like because he straight up said that he wrote Josuke to
>be a friend like I would have wanted when I was younger
or whatever his dumb excuse for making that shit Jojo is

>He would’ve never used Shigechi and Rohan for money until he got corrupted by all the crazy shit going on.
I don’t agree with the user that you’re arguing with, but when was that ever implied?

That there was a quality drop doesnt mean it lost all value as an adaptation. Ive seen parts 1 and 2 being recommended even though they looked really bad, especially on tv.

>they're his henchmen who are trying to kill him
nigger the last one actively fights diavolo instead of the group

Attached: jojo24.jpg (1920x1080, 553K)

Sorry you were wrong, user
have you ever heard of
>the exception that proves the rule

parts 1 and 2 have the advantage of being based on Araki's early art which definitely had its issues, which makes them far more forgivable than screwing up things like the entire climax to part 3

How he did in Polpo and Ciocolatta was very un-Joestar (and completely justified).

>"The exception proves the rule" is a saying whose meaning has been interpreted or misinterpreted in various ways. Its true definition, or at least original meaning, is that the presence of an exception applying to a specific case establishes ("proves") that a general rule exists. For example, a sign that says "parking prohibited on Sundays" (the exception) "proves" that parking is allowed on the other six days of the week (the rule). A more explicit phrasing might be "the exception that proves the existence of the rule."

Green Tea and whatever they changed Oasis to is listed as a pt 1, it'll be at least 2 episodes.

>has barely any plot developments
Jojo doesn’t have filler so all that crazy shit that happened obviously would take a toll on you. The next thing you’ll say is Koichi was an inconsistent character even though he obviously got the best development in the part.

And yeah that’s a little development he got in the beginning but he’s still a normal, teenage highschooler. Do you think the way he shitted on the villains in the series was an inconsistency as well? I think not.

Yep, got all that?

Well, I think that kind of trickery was always within his personality, maybe, but he probably wouldn't have done it due to not needing money before Joseph blew all his money on baby stuff, and Josuke spending it easily when he got paid back since he felt a sudden cash influx.

Attached: jojo2.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Not enough screentime and I liked him more when he was a lil trap slut begging for cock, not whatever the fuck he is in the anime.

>Jojo doesn’t have filler
tell me what plot development happened during Tonio's arc

Do you not see how what I just posted shows that you have no idea what you're talking about?

That's why you don't give that sort of power to a character, Araki literally could not think of a way to defeat him without introducing a literal deus ex machina I-just-win button. It's pure bad writing.

>lil trap slut begging for cock

Attached: stupid1.png (682x629, 366K)

It introduced Tonio

Araki was just lazy, theres definetly ways to beat him that are fair.

Koichi’s development was terrible.

In the manga, did Tonio have any plot relevance? In the adaptation all he did was show up when they discussed the presence of a murderer, and fail to cure Okuyasu's dad with his food.

Attached: jojo4.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the relevance and plot impact Tonio had.

I'm so glad that Yea Forums is returning to shitting on Part 5 after VAfags have been running rampant for the past few months. Jojo threads are finally going to be good again.

Attached: DLJKHFBVoAAWezb.jpg (720x734, 89K)

It seemed to me like he was the type of guy who was always losing money and scamming people to get more.

Koichi is a gary stu who goes saiyan during fights and then regresses into normal koichi at the end of them.

No, because you posted the exact way I was using it
MiH has to be involved in the death in order to effect that character, but with MiH's user removed (literally Weather's brother) of course his life would be changed
How can you be this retarded?

Nothing suggests that, he stated that he was fine on money due to meticulous saving until Joseph spent it all for the babby

Attached: jojo1.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

>a lil trap slut begging for cock
That’s exactly what he’s like in the anime.

There's literally nothing well done about Koichi's development.

And?

Look at how innocent and composed Josuke was acting in the beginning.Then after he starts hanging out with Okuyasu, he starts doing alot more mischievous shit.

Obviously everything happening around him was a bad influence on him even though he means no harm at all. He’s still in the top 3 nicest JoJos after all.

Well if he didn't restrain it we'd have another Weather Report :^)

we aren't reading the same thread right now

No, the way that you're using it is not what I posted. Either you didn't read it or you're actually that dumb.

I still don’t think that his scamming nature only appeared then.

you're making something out of nothing and just assuming things are effecting him without it being shown on page
Its just as bad when 6fags try to explain to me why Hermes cries during Weather's death when she never even met him

>Look at how innocent and composed Josuke was acting in the beginning.
Like when he kept beating up anyone who insulted his hair?

Why do animals get the best stands?
>dogbro gets sandthing
>catbro gets airthing
>birdbro gets Icething

the list goes on, why are animals so based?

Its ok to be wrong, just don't throw a fit over it. Weather suddenly not having a brother would change his entire story, everyone else was killed by MiH.

They have stronger wills than humans

Partshitter thinks discussion is the same as his retarded mudflinging, dont mind him.

Gary Stus don’t lose and that’s literally a description of every character who had the alpha personality change.

that happened what, 3 times?

because they're naturally primal and stand users need to be strong of spirit/have a killing instinct to make their stands function considering they're basically soul parasites

Neither do I, but he was certainly more prone to acting on it. I think a lot of his use of trickery was more lighthearted or well-intentioned - like when he used his stand to get Angelo out of his mom and heal her at the same moment.
Name one who didn't have it coming.

Attached: jojo5.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

He attacked jotaro even though it was a misunderstanding.

why do you autistics keep barking about gary stus when the only character that actually fits that bill is Rohan?

>Weather suddenly not having a brother would change his entire story, everyone else was killed by MiH.
Which means is wrong. Also that you don't understand what it means for an exception to prove a rule.

You got me, user.

Attached: jojo8.jpg (1920x1075, 347K)

Except thats not wrong
prove that its wrong, give one example that ISN'T Weather Report who has complex circumstances to his change

i would get rid of thosd faggot flamboyant clothing and replace with something decent. personality is fine

rohan is a weird way to spell jotaro

>They got the worse case of shit taste imaginable
How do you come up with such bullshit?

Jotaro isn't a self insert with an over-powered ability that detracts attention from the main cast
Rohan is all of those things, he even gets an arc called
>Rohan's Bizarre Adventure

It sounds like Dragon Ball would be a better fit for you.

You mean when he let those guys go until that happened? Yeah that was really barbaric of Josuke, huh?

It is wrong BECAUSE of the complex circumstances that affected Weather Report.

t. retard who praises development because it's development without giving a shit about quality

and then everyone else plays by the rule that exists. Meanwhile every other living thing is literally just picked up and placed into a new universe with no change
You're wrong

What did Jotaro do to deserve getting beaten up?

>Meanwhile every other living thing is literally just picked up and placed into a new universe with no change
But that's what I said, the people who die are the ones who changed. You are literally agreeing with me at this point.

It’s actually called Rohan Kishibe’s Adventure.

You’re retarded and autistic if you think Rohan “Josuke eats his ass out daily” Kishibe is a gary stu.

my mistake, but the point is that Rohan gets an entire arc being buddies with the original friend character before Okuyasu's intro and then has the rest of the plot based around his past rather than anything to do with Josuke
Josuke is just around for it and plays hero

>No argument
So you dumbasses are just seething VAfags, huh?

>Rohan “Josuke eats his ass out daily” Kishibe
so you're just a retarded /trash/ fangirl upset over the facts?
got it

Oh, you’re a partshitter.

He talked about his hair. That’s one of his character traits which is bring blinded by anger.

>No argument
I accept your concession.

Seething.

You never provided an argument for Koichi having "obviously the best development in the part", dummy

I just debunked your stupid ass tho. Go back to /trash/ you go you dumb bitch.

Which makes him not completely innocent or composed.

Did I say completely? Also anger and trickery are two entirely different things.

So where’s your argument bitch? I asked you first.

I think we see enough of Josuke’s not so innocent side at the beginning to say that he wasn’t “corrupted” by Okuyasu.