How do you feel about the trope where the bad guy wins half way through the story?

How do you feel about the trope where the bad guy wins half way through the story?

Attached: Femto.jpg (516x766, 137K)

His new costume looked so stupid to me. It was just durr hurr Batman with a crow mask. I get that it's his helmet being fused into his skull as part of his transformation but it still looks stupid on the rest of the body.

>picture of Griffith
>bad guy

Based

>bad guy

Attached: 15703926-1C92-4580-A77B-1895B59A7708.jpg (956x1196, 132K)

That's not Griffith.

Blame Muira's love of cheesy movies

Attached: phantom4.jpg (700x394, 77K)

In the black Swordsman Femto is jacked but in later appearances he appears more lithe. I think those later appearances are better

>Thinking Griffith already won
>Thinking him assembling all inhabitants of Midland in a city where apparently once an eclipse took place in which all of its previous inhabitants were sacrificed isn't just the next step of his master plan

you have a point there original griffith looks really good, but im pretty sure he went back into human form when he was reincarnated didnt he?

OK with it but in Griffith case I just want to see him suffer.

In this case it's the bad guy winning and then winning again and again

Are there any anime where the villain not only wins halfway through, but also kills the MC and takes his place as the main character?

Gurren Lagann
Spiral King did nothing wrong, he was the hero

I don't recall Simon ever dying. Kamina was amazing but he was never MC.

Simon is the villain, he killed Spiral king and took his place.

By every metric.

Attached: 1557726374818.png (1020x1004, 1.41M)

His dick looks super tiny here.

Can you sacrifice a Godhand member if they're valuable to you?

The god hand arbitrarily determines who you may sacrifice.
I'm sure there was like one or two dudes that Griffith sacrificed in the band of the hawk that he really didn't give a shit about.

Lmao who would Jon be? Corkus?

Heh, it didn't feel tiny to Casca.

Rickert

Femto is a bitchass motherfucker, he pissed on my wife.

He did everything wrong

I love The Empire Strikes Back.

LOTGH

It's a nice breath of fresh air because at least the bad guy wins a couple times before losing in the end

I like the trope because I want to see the protagonists overcome a totally hopeless situation with their own strenghts

Miura literally has no clue how to defeat Griffith at this point.

He will never complete the Story, mark my words.

Femto*

This dumpster fire keeps getting better and better

Attached: heidi's tranny sidebitch.png (586x460, 481K)