2003 or Brotherhood?

Which one do you prefer? I just finished watching both and while I'd say I liked them pretty much the same amount if I was forced to pick one it'd probably be 2003. Got a bit too slow at times especially compared to Brotherhood but I thought it had more interesting ideas and themes. They're both pretty good though.

Attached: 2003vsBrotherhood.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brotherhood.

I appreciate the beginning of 2003, but Brotherhood is better in the long run.

Brotherhood, the second half of the 2003 version is Bones garbage

The manga. I have beef with both adaptations.

Haven't watched 2003, but FAMB is soulless.

2003 since I have an IQ above 130.

Personally I wasn't a big fan of the 2003 version, but I liked Brotherhood. One thing I will admit is that the reveal of Edward's auto mail arm is better in the 2003 version though, also I actually liked its visuals more, Brotherhood characters had chubby faces. Brotherhood has a better soundtrack to me. I think the quality of Brotherhood's story was more consistent.

What did you not like about Brotherhood? I never read the manga but isn't Brotherhood supposed to be nearly 1:1?

I think both of the soundtracks are really good but Brotherhood doesn't have Brothers.
youtube.com/watch?v=BXQLrkW33f0

Brotherhood, but 03 is cool too.

BH added that ice guy that ed fights in ep 1/2?, either way that guy isn't in the manga other than that yeah it's almost completely a animated conversion without adding or taking away too much.

2003 is better up until the parts it goes original ending

BH is only good for staying canon

manga is well the original adaptation so...

I think Brothers was a good one, but Brotherhood had Again, Golden Time Lover, Uso and Ray of Light which is why I gave it the edge.

2003 had superior colour direction, music, scene composition, etc. Just all around better atmosphere and more interesting developments. A shame about the ending, but Brotherhood's wasn't very good either.

They rushed and cut things even when they reached the point where 03 nominally split off, and I don't think it did a good job adapting the humor of the manga. I see complaints about the comedy in Brotherhood all the time when when really it's just that what works as one-off panel gags or background events are more obtrusive in the different format.

i like both as well, i have a soft spot for 2003 tho

Attached: f53cf6e6f7c1bf279d99b6b67b05c620.jpg (540x726, 65K)

Well if we're talking about the Openings and Endings then I definitely think Brotherhood beats 2003, I really like Melissa and Ready Steady Go but the other two aren't that great. The only 2003 ending I really like is Motherland.

To be honest if you went by only openings I'd still pick Brotherhood juse because of Again, but I think both series had good soundtracks regardless.

There were a lot of times in Brotherhood where it'd be in the middle of a serious scene and then suddenly there'd be a joke and everyone would make a funny face. Felt pretty jarring and usually took me out of the moment, 2003 did a better job at it although it might just be because it has a lot less humor comparatively.

Brotherhood is great, and 03 would be great if it werent for THAT movie

Attached: Fullmetal-alchemist-the-movie-conqueror-of-shamballa-movie-poster-2005.jpg (264x378, 28K)

The original blows FMAB out of the whatever in every single department, especially characters. Brotherhood is your average run of the mill lolsorandom adventure between good vs evil. Everything is very much black and white, okay at best. Reminder that anyone who says 2003 is bad are the same people who call Cloud from FF7 emo. They haven't watched/played it. FUCK POSERS AND FUCK HIVEMINDS.

Attached: elric.gif (416x312, 768K)

I prefer Brotherhood since the characters had better backgrounds especially the Brotherhood version of Hohenheim.

Also, I prefer Brotherhood's explanation about the gate.

I liked FMAB, didn't like 2003 and liked FF7 and Cloud. Checkmate.

Mob psycho 100 > both

Mob has a better final arc (the ??? Arc) and no a generic beat this “mc father guy arc”

Then brotherhood sucks because of the milos movie.

Both are flaw including the manga that draws characters with missing eyes

I mean I prefer 2003 but to be fair the Brotherhood movie is the equivalent of those Naruto movies that don't really mean anything but are just a cool movie scale short adventure while the 2003 movie is the actual conclusion to the series, so it matters a lot more than Milos does.

Brotherhood is garbage too along with father

Want a good shounen read/watch Mob psycho 100/10. It has better characters and better final arc than both FMAs

Attached: 2170EDD6-8AAF-48AF-BA66-9A25B0040D49.png (1334x750, 1.08M)

Nope. They said milos is apart of brohood.
Was this pic in the manga? No. So I guess milos is canon to brother’s story if original content in brotherhood is accepted by fans

I like both, but I prefer 03 because of the gloomy atmosphere/story. I don't know, it feels more realistic.

FMA in general is a shit franchise /manga and Attack on Titan has passed it along with other shounens

FMA Brohood is not special anymore

This. If I wanted to watch a supposed ending to 03 that had piss poor characters, a crazed lady as the villian, le "I DONT BELONG HERE BOOHOO" lady in peril, and a ending that just left more questions, I would go on wattpad instead
On a side note seeing Hughes turn into a 15 year old that just discovered /pol/ was hillarious, and the scenes trying to make him look "Serious" and "Brainwashed" didnt help