"Just write women like you'd write men, they are fictional characters"

>"Just write women like you'd write men, they are fictional characters"

Pic related happens and everyone bitches and moans about it.

Then people wonder why shonen mangaka hesitate to have women fight men. You either:

1.) have to have her win every fight and make her an unlikeable mary sue

2.) have her get her head knocked off a couple times and risk dealing with death threats and social media outrage affecting your brand.

in b4 thats a strawman.

An x-men apocalypse billboard showing apocalypse choking mystique was removed cause feminists complained about the "message" it sent

Attached: Videl.jpg (480x360, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0zfUM2_w_MI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok

check these dubs

Attached: 4cc89d02e297f0f8a9d65fed8b124405.png (420x420, 355K)

>Female jobs
>"She's a useless whore!"
>Female doesn't job
>"She's a mary sue!"

Why are female characters so oppressed?

Women just whine a lot, I think that's the problem.

>An x-men apocalypse billboard showing apocalypse choking mystique
Which other capeshit had a poster with a villain choking the hero? This is absolutely not how you market a superhero movie
It was done purely for shock value and people were shocked, absolutely no surprise

the only reaction I've seen about that pic related was men fapping to it and "gender equalists" celebrating it. Fairy Tail has men and women fighting both men and women all the time and has them win and lose and getting beat up, and the only ones who care are ryonafags

Attached: 4b0cd79f13adf117a33c878f9cdf4c41.jpg (1045x1540, 526K)

Idk how many times this has been discussed already. Also this

Why do you keep making these threads? Do you have a shitposting fetish on top of your ryona fetish?

>Pic related happens and everyone bitches and moans about it.
That was the only fight Videl had and in her only fight she was beaten like hell. Tell me a male character in the series that had exactly the same fate as her. Even guys like Yamcha and Krillin had their moments of glory before they became useless. So, no, she was not written like a man, she was written as a mere plot device for Gohan, the male hero, to save her.

18 would be a better example, but FOR SOME REASON she lost her taste for fights and chose to become a housewife (something male characters do often too, right?)

men are threatened by emotions because they don't know how to just become better when threatened with insecurity and failure

That's because most male authors are virgins who don't know how to create female characters. What you call "Female jobs" is often a female character being useless, not necessarily losing a fight (eg Videl). And what you call "Female doesn't job" is often a female character being perfect, not necessarily striving to win a fight (eg, Rey).

We need female characters with conflict.

No one complained about this. Why does everything have to be MUH FEMINISTS MUH SJWS. At least charge them rent for as much as they’re living in your head.

she's a human bro, by the time Toriyama introduces her character powerlevels are so damn high there's no way she could be relevant.

You mean like how Gohan gave up fighting and became a businessman rather than using his demigod potential?

Yamcha lost every fight he's ever been in besides the one where he fought the invisible man which he would have lost if not for Kuririn.

18 didn't lose he tastes for fights any more than the other z fighters. Most of them retired. 18 kicked ass in the TOP.

Oh I moaned about it, alright. Thanks for the ryona fetish, Toriyama.

Man, DBZ is one of the worse examples you could have picked.

JoJo does it well enough

Attached: ZQG5Imy.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

Spopovich was a normal human too, just given a boost by Babidi. He could've easily been made to just be a strong human, like Dragon Ball level, and still someone Videl could have a even match against. Similar to how Vegeta getting Majined still led to a pretty even match against Goku in their SS2 forms.

Nah, men are threatened by emotions, because other men will try to exploit any perceived weakness. Just like women are often overly conformist, because other women will try to exploit any perceived otherness.

Just have women being useful by doing important support roles with minor fighting.

That's a plot device.
Gohan has never been a fan of fights. 18 was created to fight.

No way a male character would be brutalized in that way though. It was cheap and exploitative.

yeah one that keeps krillin, yamcha and tien from being useful ever again, as such videl has no business being relevant either

>Vegeta vs Freeza

Gohan became a superhero to fight crime. He wasn't even that by the time of Super. He was nothing. 18 at least had her time to shine as a fighter willingly. Everytime Gohan shined was because he was forced to.
Most characters in Dragon Ball were ''needlessy'' brutalized, like Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo. You seem to pretend DBZ's universe isn't full of sadistic overpowered assholes.

Perhaps you fall into the same category OP mentioned or people that get too sensitive just because it was a girl getting beaten the fuck up?

Yamcha being a loser is more for the sake of comedy than for drama. His counterpart would be Lunch.

>We need female characters with conflict.
THIS

Post more ryona

I love watching women get what they deserve. Fucking whores.

>it hasn't been done before so you can't do it for the first time
>especially with a female character
Stay toasty

No, the guys get brutalized and gored much worse. We just don't notice it as much because women illicit a different reaction. There's a series of fanart pages showing females getting the same treatment as the guys from several iconic scenes in Dragon Ball, and it's brutal.

post it

Vegeta falls in love with Piccolo.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the Namekian's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when the Saiyan Prince recounts the previous day's confessions to Ma Jr., he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the green guy he called is not the same alien he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is Pikoro's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with Bejita's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the DAILY DOSE

Attached: 1452892403615.jpg (329x302, 41K)

Its pretty easy user, just write normal, plain and likeable female protagonists like Maka Albarn. That's the way to go and it works

Attached: Maka_Albarn.png (624x851, 1.01M)

noelle is and hinata was good

the thing is though while there was nothing to dislike about maka there was nothing to like about her as well.

Ana is just as much of a fighter as the guys in Saike and is shown to kick even more ass many times. She's probably the fanbase's favorite character.

Attached: 024013.png (891x1400, 201K)

Maka is a horrible MC

But Ultear was the one beating the shit out of Grey in this fight.

18 was a random girl who got superpowers one day.

is there a reason that everyone just kinda watched Videl get totally shithoused for minutes after the point she stopped attempting to fight back and thus the "WARRIORS HONOR" shit didn't make sense anymore

it's a tournament and she didn't want to give up, so its on her.

she wasn't in any shape to actually even say "I give up" after a while

It was absolutely in-character for Apocalypse to do something like that. And they used Mistique because muh hunger games popularity. It's astounding that super Hitler with a god complex can't be depicted being mean to someone. It was meant to convey that Apocalypse is powerful and ruthless, and that the situation is dire. I can't believe i have to explain this.

In previous tournaments that wouldn´t have made anyone interfere either. If you want to keep it honorable, her trainer could stop the fight but Gohan didn´t interfere earlier because he was trusting his dad and his actual dad (who made shin to be above reproach) on this.

Maka lacks charisma

so isn't that equality, when a girl says she can handle herself, you let her handle herself unless she asks for help like anyone would do?

In the movie, maybe.
In promotional material ? No
You show him being powerfull, and you show the heroes are small next to him, that it will be a hard fight.
You don't put him choking someone on a billboard

You'd have to have never seen the series to post something this stupid. Vegeta vs Freeza is probably in the run for one of the most brutal beatdowns ever, Freeza broke him physically, mentally and spiritually, completely humiliated him, shattered his pride and then killed him to boot.

see (although not sure about hinata lol) they're rarer but they exists. That girl character from fairy tail is also pretty cool

Are you really this upset about an evil guy being evil? Also, they used her specifically because the actress is popular. Mistique the character has never been this relevant.
>hey guys, did dude wants to perform genocidal eugenics on the entire human population and rule as a god
>oh, cool, i guess
>oh, also, he's choking a girl
>WHY I NEVER

pre shippuden hinata was good
>her lineage
>her cousin
>her father
>her own abilities
and android 18, while not as bad as friza he got his arm broken and was in shock

>Noelle is good
What's her conflict?
>That girl character from fairy tail is also pretty cool
Please, don't say Erza.

Vegeta is prime ryona material even though he's a guy.
Does male ryona exist?

>What's her conflict?
her place as a noble, her abilities, and I believe her birth(her siblings hate her because shes(or was) weak and one them blames her for their mother dying.
I thought I would hate her as she would be tsundere clone but she's actually likeable and am rooting for her
>in b4 BCfag
while I do like bc, liking the characters is a big part of it

yeah its called femdom

18's brother and even krillan end up doing the same exact thing

It's all in the writing OP. You can have your girls and guys fight no problem so long as they write their characters with an ounce of respect. Pic related even had the crowd booing the guy for not going easy on the girl and they all got called out for it.

Also, maybe I was too young when I watched that saga of DBZ, but I don't recall anyone getting up in arms about Videl's fight. I do hate how DBZ always seems to introduce these cool strong female fighters only to turn them into useless background housewives though.

Attached: 65360507_p3_master1200.jpg (492x700, 265K)

In real life MMA no trainer would give a shit what his fighter has to say, if hes getting killed you throw in the towel

Goku is just a moron who doesn't know his own strength and thinks everyone else is like him

>Goku is just a moron who doesn't know his own strength and thinks everyone else is like him
while that's true up to a point. goku isn't her trainer and neither is gohan. im pretty at that point in story he only knows her as saiyaman.

Female characters in AoT are good. Other than Mikasa

>Female characters in AoT are good. Other than Mikasa
>other than mikasa
who else is there? I hope you're not thinking of annie or historia.

And the only female jojo fucking lost

Attached: 1346124822841.png (900x809, 59K)

If people want a rising female lead, they should watch Ancient Magus' Bride.

Chise is no Mary Sue or worthless whore.

>Yamcha being a loser is more for the sake of comedy than for drama.
You're letting the memes clout you memory. The only time Yamcha lost for comedy was against Kami disgusied as Shin.
On the contrary actually, his loss against Tien and the Saibamen are a couple of the more dramatic losses in the show.

Sasha an ymir

I believe you on account of those digits

>Female doesn't job"
Well, this part at least I can assure is used by some people as an excuse to call the character a Mary Sue. So it is both. It's retards being retarded on the Internet in the end.

Didn't a woman win that tournament?

18 is as woman as my onahole

So you took a human girl and turned her into a cyborg onahole? That's probably a crime.

>2.) have her get her head knocked off a couple times and risk dealing with death threats and social media outrage affecting your brand.
When has that ever happened with manga? And I mean seriously, not fujoshis whining

>Yamcha and Krillin had their moments of glory before they became useless
>Yamcha
You never watched DB.

Do I need to bring up Piccolo vs. 3rd Form Freeza?

I don't think MHA is a good example because Ochaco doesn't really do shit. Don't you think it says something where her greatest moment has been that moment in your pic from the first year of publication?

not him, but as I am recently watching dragonball, yamucha did knock out kid goku for a bit
even if he was hungry

And you call that Glory? It was a joke.

Android 19 did the same thing. Beat up Goku while he was in some weakened condition. And no one cares about him.

Attached: 11539.jpg (640x480, 65K)

We get it OP you like Ryona.

Although wouldn't it have been more clever to establish Mabidi's threat by having Spopovich be this earnest russian dude Gohan befriends and teaches how to fight, and then Videl, a weak tomboy with a point to prove appears with an M on her head and crushes our poor russian body builder?

In the same way Android 18 demonstrates how technology is a threat to Vegeta the Alien, Videl could have demonstrated that magic is a threat to a muscled fighter

Attached: Kozuki_Momonosuke_Anime_Infobox.png (572x1349, 945K)

Attached: 11538.jpg (640x360, 38K)

I'm sure feminists would find no fault in a story where the male romantic lead buys the heroine from human traffickers and informs her that she's to become his wife

nice try fag

Attached: 1558425773501.png (1200x1200, 220K)

I think it's just didn't in those because you don't see any builup and they're all weak as fuck so you know it's nowhere near a fair matchup.
I'd feel the same sense of brutalization if it was Oolong getting his arm snapped in those pages or something

epic

I get hard when girls get the shit kicked out of them so by all means wrote them like men.

>"Just write women like you'd write men, they are fictional characters"
That only applies when we're talking about personalities.

>she was written as a mere plot device for Gohan, the male hero, to save her.
Which he didn't even do right.
He could have actually saved her by remembering 'Oh right I can move faster than light' and punches the fuck out of Spovavich without anyone who would care seeing it even if they play back the footage.
But no the supposed 'Genius' can't even remember basic physics.

God I love ryona but I don't know why. I have a wife but I don't beat her. Lord Jesus, ryona is so hawt.

Videl had plenty of fights against criminals and other human level characters and won, and only lost when she went up against something beyond human. You didn't even watch the show.

As for 18, yeah, she quit and became a housewife like every other prominent female, because that's what women do. You know who else quit fighting once they were no longer able to keep up? Almost every male character ever also, because DBZ because the goku and vegeta show.

-Yamcha quit to become a baseball actor,
-Krillin quit to become a policeman,
-Tien quit to become a martial artist teacher,
-Chaotzu quit to become so irrelevant no one even knows or he's dead or something,
Piccolo hasn't quit but only shows up to cameo from his intense solo desert meditation sessions,
-Gohan quit to become an academic.
Have I made my point yet? 18 is treated no different from the men in the show. "Are you Goku or Vegeta? No? To the sidelines you go."

You fucking retard.

This is only an issue when there's a token female. Don't include one, or don't include just one, or else you're going to spark that kind of idiocy in either direction (assuming it's not legitimate criticism.)

remeber when gohan got his neck snapped and they showed his nearly lifeless crippled body
ya me neither

18 wasn't made to fight, she was a random woman picked up, experimented on, and attempted to be mind controlled for someone else's purpose. By forcing her to fight you're making her submit to the patriarchy. She chose with her own free will to not fight and instead have a family. And you would attempt to deny her that agency? You're a misogynist.

God that scene was so fucking hot

Do it like 18. Have her beat everyones ass and then quit while she's ahead.

Based Spopovich. Beating the tomboy out of women and turning them into submissive demure housewives.

>shonen mangaka hesitate to have women fight men
They totally dont though. Female vs Male fights happen all the god damn time. Obviously not as often as Femalve vs Female or Male vs Male but they are not rare.

I forgot how much Videl's dub VA hams it up for that fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=0zfUM2_w_MI

I mean, it's pretty spot on- she sounds like a pig being slaughtered.

>in b4 thats a strawman
>names probably the only time anyone has ever cared about this kind of shit as the rule rather than the exception to it, when if there were an Infinity War billboard that spoiled how Loki died it would have garnered the same kind of reaction
You just want to pretend people care about female characters in shonen manga to have an excuse to post about something from over twenty years ago like its relevant to anything today

I think the problem with that fight was that it was by far the single most lopsided and brutal beatdown in the series and just felt unnecessarily cruel. They could have made him fight Yamcha or something and at least had some back and forth

>Acting like Toriyama knows show about speed
He's the same guy who had Toppo say Dypso surpassed the Speed of Sound and Light in the same sentence like it's fucking comparable.

except that's wrong. there is a happy medium where a female character can kick ass and not be an invincible marry sue that don't need no man and can do no wrong

It's been done a billion times

This. Is was a bit much for a sanctioned bout with a highschool girl.

Because most western anime fans are retards who pretend gwg etc series aren't real and only follow banal shonenshit which is made for literal 12 year olds

I still can't believe cw/toonami broadcast this on national television. I had to lower the volume and change the channel several times because my parents were home.

The only thing that was infuriating about that scene was gohan acting like he was hot shit but not going nuclear on his ass, he should have ripped his head clean off and THEN we would have soemthing good